WW Clubs and Groups - Tips?

View Full Version : Tips?

HazeyMae
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Most evenings, around 9:00, I get really hungry; well, I feel like I'm hungry - maybe I'm just bored...anyway, does anyone have any appetite suppressing tips; I know water works well - anything else? And any zero point snacks you'd like to share?

KO
09-21-2007, 10:05 AM
ok my first 2 tactics are not food
Do something crafty (I knit) or read a book
if you really are hungry baby carrots 10 are 0 pts and either a measured amount of natural PB or hummus maybe FF popcorn with some hot sauce if you need volume
or maybe just keep some sliced up veggies and FF dressing?

Diana the Hun
09-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah, I like to eat carrot/cucumber/celery sticks with salsa. It's all zero points and it helps me a lot. I also snack on carrots, snow peas and green beans between meals. It can get boring, but not when I weigh in at the end of the week ;)

phantastica
09-23-2007, 09:20 AM
One thing that helps me is to brush and floss my teeth right after dinner. That kind of deters me from wanting to eat and brush/floss again.

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
10-11-2007, 12:49 AM
those are great tips ! i also have the same problem with getting the late night munchies ! ..... ive been eating sugar free jellos and fat free puddings but im getting tired of sweet snacks .....

vealcalf2000
10-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm not on WW's but sometimes I "know" when it's going to be a hard day, so I won't finish all my supper and leave the extra for later. I know some don't like to eat as late as 9 PM but I see it as the lesser of 2 evils. Yesterday was my "off" day from work and I cut all of my meals in 1/2 and did mini meals all day and it worked great, although I felt like I was eating all day I didn't go over my caloric intake for the day.

modkittn
10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I would give you the same advice as Kier and phantastica. Find something else to do (keep your hands busy!) and brush your teeth! I brush my teeth immediately after dinner instead of waiting until just before going to bed. Works every time :) You can also re-evaluate how you are spreading your points across the day. Are you not having enough at night? Are you eating dinner to early? I eat dinner around 6-7 every night, and go to bed around 10-11.

countrygirl7902
10-20-2007, 01:54 AM
i've always been the type to get hungry in the evening no matter what time i eat dinner or go to bed. guess it's just habit. it's frustrating. staying busy helps, but the big thing for me is to make sure i save enough points for an evening snack or two. i eat a lot of veggies during the day and salad for lunch to conserve points, because the LAST thing i want to eat when i'm craving an evening snack is carrots (that's just a personal thing for me, i'm not criticizing snacking on veggies). so i end up having 2-4 points left after dinner and i can eat some chips or PB or yogurt or WW ice cream, fudge bars, snack cakes or whatever i was craving. but i don't eat it right when i start wanting it. i drink i glass of crystal light and put it off 1/2 hr to 1 hr. that way my snack is closer to bedtime and i stay within my points.

goinforthegold
10-20-2007, 08:35 AM
That happens to me every night too. Sometimes I'll have an apple, but usually I just go to bed. I can't eat when I'm sleeping, so that's what works for me. ;) It's when it hits me about 7:30 or 8:00 that I'm in trouble b/c I can't very well go to bed then.