Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 08:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of January 7, 2002

Good Morning everyone!

Wow, hard to believe the holidays are finally behind us...there's always so much hype and then in an instant they're done. For me now is the time to focus on getting myself back on track and making sure I get variety. Exercise is a challenge during these snowy days. I'm trying to get outside and walk when the weather permits.

My goal this week is to keep an accurate journal. I need to get back into the habit of keeping it up over the weekend which lately seems to have gone by the wayside. I figure I'm better off making small goals rather than to overwhelm myself with things I know I won't follow through on. I am signing up for another semester of yoga which will start on January 21st.

Not much else to report here--hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 01-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #2  

Hey there Melissa - I know how hard it is to keep up the journal over the weekend... (hence my 45 point Saturday -- even with the 10 activity pts substracted that's still 35!). But we'll get there. You deserve a lot for committing to it.

I just came back from my WW meeting and found I had lost a bit. I think .4 but I really expected a gain so, I'm thrilled. I got that brochure and can't wait to try some things. Also, Lala posted some yummy recipes on the Week 5 Challenge, so I'm going to try and spice things up a bit for variety.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:19 PM   #3  
LM

Hi Melissa and Patch:

Hey Melissa join us in the world of journalling! We'd love to see what you're eating (and vice versa).

I am so glad the holidays are over and over. After a while, it's enough already!

Patch, I'm so in awe of the 10 points for activity - that's like a whole week's worth for me.

Okay so I had my breast biopsy today. Actually virtually painfree. Took a long time for them to locate the exact spot - lots of smushing, but the procedure itself was nothing. Tomorrow or next day results.

Must go put some frozen corn on my bosom.

Later....
Old 01-07-2002, 07:10 PM   #4  

Laurel - boy I love your attitude, I really do. I'm so glad it was virtually painfree. Frozen corn, eh???

I've gotta tell ya, I do love that racewalking group. I met a friend at 6:30am (the rest of the group started at 5:30 - I just couldn't do it)...walked 8 miles fast, sweated a bunch, had a gabfest (when we could breathe) and was done by 8:30am. Collasped for a couple of hours, and still had the rest of the day.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:56 PM   #5  
LM

Hi gal pals.

Breast test came back benign. Very relieved. Now must go collapse on couch. Utterly exhausted.

talk tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:06 AM   #6  

Benign - that's great news laurel. You must be so relieved!
Old 01-09-2002, 08:53 AM   #7  

Laurel: Glad to hear everything came back clear for you! What a relief!

I was off yesterday with some sort of virus that landed me flat in bed. It started out with a backache and then progressed to my stomach. Needless to say I was paying homage to the "porcelain goddess", lol. Sayed home yesterday and slept most of it away. I'm feeling better today although I still have a little bit of a backache. We'll see how the day progresses.

I'm planning on going to my meeting today at noon. We'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone is healthy
Old 01-09-2002, 09:38 AM   #8  

Just peeking my head in quickly - haven't posted for a few weeks.

Laurel - good news! You must be relieved.

Melissa - glad you're feeling better. DD was sick on Monday with a 24/48 hour bug that must be going around.

We're supposed to hit a record high today here of 53 degrees. It was so balmy & mild on my way into work today.

Well, Tuesday is my last day at work (I am being laid off effective Jan 15). Have sent out a few resumes, but don't really feel motivated. Guess I've been in somewhat of a funk the last couple of weeks. The eating has been more than it should, & it reflects on the scale. At least I've been keeping up with the exercise.

Later,
Old 01-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #9  
LM

Thanks again gals. Very relieved and still waiting for the novocaine to wear off. What I mean is the incision area just never hurt (knock on wood!) Truly amazing.

Melissa, hope you're feeling better.

KT, we miss you in journal land. I definitely feel your pain re: job losing/searching. Good luck. Hope you get a dose of motivation somehow. It is so hard to look for something new. I really should, but just totally lack the direction and the oomph.

The WW meeting last night was absolutely nuts. Free registration or something. Line out the door and around the block! Was weighing in the members well into meeting time. Actually had people who lost weight. I am so inspired by them! I clocked in a 3 # gain since T'giving, but now I'm hoping I'm down 2 again. It was so crazy at WW last night that I didn't hop on scale. But according to home scale, have inched down a little.

I really miss my exercise. Not supposed to bounce the boob around for a few days and it's just too nasty/icy/yucky outside to go for walk.

Oh well, the sun will shine again some day!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #10  
si, si signora

hi all-

thank goodness for laurel's results!- whew....

melissa- get well soon. You are the fourth case of stomach flu or some such malady I have heard of this week. Hmmm. Good for you joining yoga again. Jas school started again?

seesaw- did you decide to do the running clinic? You and Patch have inspired me to start running as my form of quick and effective exercise.

kt- I can understand your funk. Looking for work is hard and not fun. You have us for support! We missed you.

Patch- finish that meatloaf yet? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 12 lemons. I figure I'll preserve them.

so, we're back at work. I'm getting back into the groove slowly. I'm taking a class at the university that is relevant to work and makes me a bit more marketable and does not effect my travel schedule which is even more important.

I'm only having trouble controlling my eating in the afternoons. Must be boredom.

have a great humpday!
lala
Old 01-09-2002, 12:56 PM   #11  

Lala OK ... no... can you believe THREE full meatloaf dinners with DH and it's still not gone. Lemon preserves sound very yummy. I figure I'll make that veggie soup since we have way too many vegs in the fridge.

Now, I've gotta know, so I'll bite... I know Humpday stands for Wed.... but does it mean you're about to jump 'over the hump' of the week? Any further significance??? Ah jus luv word derivation!

Laurel just want to let you know how happy I am about the results. Great news. Whew! I know what you mean about the newbies at the WW meeting. Our weighin line was also out the door.

Melissa hope you feel better soon, that stomach virus thing is going around here as well.

Katie hang in there, it's natural to want to take a break, but keep on doing what you're doing with sending out resumes. The market should be turning (for the better) this Qtr.

Seasaw any luck with the running clinic?
Old 01-09-2002, 01:28 PM   #12  

Hi all. The snow that we got yesterday (after the rain the night before) is melting in today's mild temps and we're beginning to see bare ground again. Guess I'll get out for a run tonight after all.

Patch and lalala: Haven't made a final decison on the half-marathon clinic. When I tried to get back to my normal run schedule last week, an old knee problem reared its ugly head. I've kinda been taking it easy to see if I can regain the strength I lost in the three-week lapse over Christmas. My decision also depends on whether I manage to nab one of the five Healthrider treadmills when they arrive at the local Costco later this week. I don't think I can commit to the full training unless I have an alternative to running outdoors. I'm keen though, and if these niggly little things get settled, then I'm in.

Laurel: It is that time of year again, isn't it? Thanks for the heads-up re line ups; I'll be sure to arrive bright and early on Saturday and try to avoid the rush. Again, so happy to hear the test results.

Melissa: Hope you're feeling better and that your weigh-in went well.

Katie: Good to hear from you again. Trust you had a good Christmas and that the lay-off didn't weigh too heavy. You'll find something.

Saw Lord of the Rings Monday night. Can't believe I watched a three-hour movie on the edge of my seat and didn't yawn even once. Hope they do as good a job on #s 2 and 3.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:57 PM   #13  

Hi all! Thanks for the get well wishes. I'm not 100% but I'm feeling much better than yesterday. I was basically a couch potato all day--lying on the couch, drinking tea, eating toast. I didn't even bother to get dressed. Anyway, I'm back at work and plugging away. I still have a little bit of a backache but other than that I'm feeling better.

As for the weigh in, I stayed exactly the same! I was a little disappointed because the past week I've been in the low part of my points range and the last couple of days I didn't even get my low end. Ah well, next week I'm hoping will bring me some sort of a loss. I've been standing at the wall for the past couple of weeks and I'm ready to move away. (Wall=2 pds over WW goal)

Lala: The university begins classes on the 16th so we're getting ready for the kids to come back on Sunday.

Sounds like the stomach bug is running rampant all over. Hope everyone stays healthy
Old 01-09-2002, 08:16 PM   #14  

Melissa two thoughts come to mind. One, There have been a number of times I was a couple of pound over goal, and my body just did not want to budge. Once I bounced back and forth from that 2 to 3 lbs. over goal, for a couple of months - I was miserable.

Also, I know it's wierd, but I've heard that sometimes when one does go below the range, as in when one is sick...that action can either stall the body's metabolism - or - prompt the bod into thinking it's starving and make it hold onto every pound that's there.

Or - maybe their scale was off I'm sure you'll post a loss next week.

Myra saw from the daily journal that you'll be collecting your second 10% at your next weigh-in. Congrats sweetie!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #15  
si, si signora

hi ya everyone

Its Saturday and I'm here at work trying to figure out how I got something to work with ease two years ago that I can't get to work now.

I think I found a backup copy of it, so now I have to futz to get it to work.. Such is the life of someone who doesn't do a good job of documenting her work.

So, I am here after having a cr*ppy wi. I took the hit, hopefully, the weight will move off by wednesday, my next wi. I look forward to meeting with Phil, the leader on Saturday this week and talking through my journals and problems with this plateau.

I am facing the challenge of travel again. DP and I are going to London and Paris for at the end of next week for various stupid reasons. Nonetheless, I am ready to take this on! I don't think we'll be staying anywhere with a gym, however, I'm thinking that 2 hours of walking a day and journaling should help.

Anyways, I am hoping that the rest of you are having a swell weekend. I'm out of here in a hour to hit the gym and the tm for my running challenge.

patch and seesaw and any other movie fanatics- Have you seen either amelie or khandahar? I am thinking of a late night movie tomorrow.

okay, back to merging grids. whoopie!

lala
Closed Thread