100 lb. Club - My Christmas Gift Contest

View Full Version : My Christmas Gift Contest

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Christmas is 14 weeks away!!

As discussed in the previous thread (What will you be saying in 15 weeks!?), this is a contest among our 100-lb friends on 3FC to lose 14 lbs by Christmas, 12/25. That is only 1 lb per week. We can do this!!

A few reminders:
1. For the prize - we will be enhancing WONDERFUL friendships and giving ourselves a better body!!
2. This contest is DEFINTELY not just for those who celebrate Christmas! We are just aiming for the date 12/25.
3. This is for FUN ONLY! No pressure, condemnation, or guilt for ANYONE.
4. The effort you put into the contest is totally up to you - you decide how relaxed or ambitious your efforts. EVERYONE is welcome no matter what their goal or losing rate.
5. We welcome updates at any time you wish, but please do come back as often as you can and let us know how you are doing!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Okay, ladies and gents!! Let's roll!!!

I definitely want to have better than 1-lb-a-week losses as well, but 15 more lbs gone will be GREAT as well!

So....my goal is to be at 186 by Christmas!! I haven't seen that number in over 12 years!! I'm very pumped up about this!! I'm anxious to see everyone's progress - be it small or over the top. :hug:

Here's wishing us all a very successful and FUN contest!!

SoulBliss
09-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Yay! A friendly challenge! I'm in. I WILL be at least 15 pounds own by Christmas!!! ;)

Nadia
09-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Count me in! I can not believe Christmas is only 14 weeks away, though! =-o That will make my goal for this 177.8. Yikes! How exciting. :)

RoyalAthena
09-20-2007, 01:24 AM
I HOPE this is realistic. I want to be at 220 by Christmas!

MissyCrissy
09-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Alright I'm in - 199 by Christmas! Let's do this.
=)

C.

sabriena
09-20-2007, 06:16 AM
I said in the other thread, but I'll say it again! I'm in for 15 pounds by Christmas. That is hopefully achievable! I haven't been doing so well lately and want something to kick me in the butt, maybe this is it!

royalsfan1
09-20-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm in...but I just counted yesterday and it's 14, not 15 weeks. 14 weeks until Christmas!!!!!!!! WOW!

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 07:33 AM
So glad to have you all join me!! I had already set this goal for myself when I realized that it would be fun to have a friendly competition on 3FC while I work on my goal! :D

Ann and Sabriena: You can do this!! Don't think about how you have done in the past; just start fresh today. That is the goal of this competition: To get us focused and help us get the results even though we maybe haven't done well in the past. We can do this!! If you feel better at setting a smaller goal than 1 lb a week, by all means do that! No pressure here! ;)

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm in...but I just counted yesterday and it's 14, not 15 weeks. 14 weeks until Christmas!!!!!!!! WOW!

Oops! When I had set the goal for me it was 15 weeks and I failed to adjust this by the time I got around to putting it on 3FC. I have fixed the original post. Thanks!

rockinrobin
09-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Hi ladies!!! You all sound so gung ho and excited. It IS exciting thinking of all the changes that can occur from now until Christmas. It's so hard to believe that it's a mere 15 weeks, no check that, 14 weeks away.

As far as gifts and exchanges go, I kinda hate to burst your very exuberant bubbles........ but, 3FC really is not intended for swapping or trading or exchanging of any kind. The best gift of all is of course, and I KNOW you folks know this, is getting that healthier and fitter body.

Good luck to you all!!! I know for sure you can all do this. You've set such sensible goals. I hope you don't mind if I pop in from time to time. I'd join you all and pick a number, but I dont' know what that number would be. To tell you the truth, I am still undecided if I'm in the losing stage of the game or the maintaining stage. :shrug: Whatever stage I AM in (:?:), I'll tell you this much, I still and will always need support, advice, encourgaement and ACCOUNTABILITY. That will never, EVER change. I'm sure of that. I can't think of a better place to garner that, that from right here at the 100lb club. Robin :smug:

boaterswife
09-20-2007, 08:19 AM
OK. Let's see. I posted on the other thread that I wanted to be at lifetime (ww) by Christmas. While that still holds true, I do believe I'd like to shoot for the pound per week as well. I can hit lifetime with ww and still be losing, so 14 pounds it is! I'm hoping this will be my final push before maintenance, but even if it's not, I'll keep going! I will NEVER go back to the body I used to have, it's just not an option. So......if it takes me 14 weeks or 14 months to get to goal, it doesn't matter....just so long as I'm heading in the right direction ~ DOWN!

Mrs Quadcrew
09-20-2007, 08:58 AM
OK - I have picked a number. I think my 100 pounds gone mark would be a great christmas gift to myself. SO - I need to loose 17 pounds in the next 14 weeks to get there. That is completely doable!:D

CyberGypsy
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I am in....

Jen415
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Count me in too! That would make me 306 by Dec 25th!

LaurieDawn
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm going to reconsider and set a relatively ambitious goal at 2 pounds per week. For Christmas, I want to be 28 pounds down from where I am right now, which at my unofficial scale peek this morning, is 190. So, 162 it is. I am tempted to do 160 because it's a round number, but 2 pounds is a lot. I'll add my goal to my sig this morning! This will get me down to roughly what my high school weight was.

jellybelly06
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
I am totally in on this! I have the new ticker to prove it! We can do this! Our Christmas outfits are going to look great.:mrsclaus: Jelly

GirlyGirlSebas
09-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Yes, yes yes! I want to be at least 15 pounds lighter by Christmas. That will put me at 219. Boy, that sure sounds good.:D

Jen415
09-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Since there's a policy about "prizes" and such, maybe we can do this...

If someone out there has any avatar making experience, perhaps they can design an avatar for the challenge and award it to those who make their goal. It could be something simple like a gift box with "I made my goal!" inside it and 2007 Christmas Gift Challenge around it somehow.

Just an idea....:) Wish I was gifted enough to make it myself!

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM

If someone out there has any avatar making experience, perhaps they can design an avatar for the challenge and award it to those who make their goal. It could be something simple like a gift box with "I made my goal!" inside it and 2007 Christmas Gift Challenge around it somehow.

EXCELLENT idea!! I too wish I were gifted to do this. I can work with graphics for desktop publishing but not much on the HTML stuff. :D Don't know how all that works. Maybe someone else reading this does...???

Thanks, Jen!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH, I'm so happy to have all these responses!!! This is way too cool! :carrot:

PeggyP
09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm up for the challenge also!! I think I'll join LaurieDawn and go for the 28 lbs though!! That would put me at 199...it sounds like heaven to me!!

rockinrobin
09-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Jen, that's a BRILLIANT idea. I love it!!! Of course, I am talentless and clueless about these things (:dizzy:) but nevertheless, I'm sure one of you gals can tackle this.

sirak
09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
I am not sure about losing 14 pounds. My next goal weight in my head is 142. It's the number I started high school and I remember getting down to one other time when DD21 was little. I am going to shoot for that goal, because it just seems like where I need to be. It's doable as I have lost 13 pounds in the last two months( warning to all-weight loss can really be slow when you get to the lower numbers).

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 10:21 AM
UPDATE!!

It has been approved by Sandi that I send out a small gift to the "biggest loser" during this timeframe. I have updated the original note at the top of this thread with the info.

However, I would absolutely love it if EVERYONE who gets to their Christmas Challenge goal could have the avatar that was so brilliantly suggested by Jen415! So...if any of you know how to do this, this would be totally cool! Of course, I'm not sure how this would work with 3FC's platform, etc., (I'm totally clueless in this department), so we may need to pass this by Admin also.

Anyway...just wanted to give the update!

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I am not sure about losing 14 pounds. My next goal weight in my head is 142. It's the number I started high school and I remember getting down to one other time when DD21 was little. I am going to shoot for that goal, because it just seems like where I need to be. It's doable as I have lost 13 pounds in the last two months( warning to all-weight loss can really be slow when you get to the lower numbers).

Sirak, that is very sensible! It is definitely on an individual basis. We just want as many as can to join in on the fun! :-)

Great reminder about the slowing...it does happen and we need to set our goals accordingly.

1oftheLuvs
09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok, guys... I'm in... I'd be happy to lose 14 pounds by Christmas, but I'd really LOVE to be in One-der-land by then... It's probably not realistic (especially since we're going on a 15 night cruise in a couple of weeks!), so my goal will be to lose between 14 pounds and the number that takes me to One-der-land (30ish :?:)...

sidhe
09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Okay, I'm in! I'm going to family Christmas in Texas this year, so this will help me every day in driving myself to that goal. :gift2:

I've bounced up *4* pounds in the last two days! Ugh! I can only assume it's TOM/water weight, but I don't know what to do about setting goals. I'm a slooooooooooow loser usually, it's taken 2 years so far to get 46 pounds off. I think 1 pound a week would be an ambitious goal for me, but I don't know if I should start from where I am now or where I was 2 days ago. :p Hmmm.

My halfway point is 237.0. That's 12.5 pounds from where I am this morning on the scale. That'll be my goal. Halfway sounds really good! :carrot:

I've already had my breakfast (protein pudding, protein cereal) and I intend to head out on my bike in just a few minutes to get some miles in. My question to everyone else: what are YOU going to do TODAY to get a wee bit closer to your goal? :)

rockinrobin
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I just want to clarify about the exchange of ornaments. According to the terms of the forum, there is to be no trading, swapping, exchanging or selling of any kind. We of course understand the desire to do so, and that your intentions were are only good ones and in keeping with the holiday spirit and the general good feeling here amongst one another at the 100lb club. But a rule is a rule, and unfortunately it is impossible for us to pick and choose who gets to bypass those rules. Anything done via PM is of course up to the individual, but please be aware that 3FC can in no way be held responsible for any mishaps or misunderstandings.

Good luck ladies and let the games begin!!!! :smug:

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I just want to clarify about the exchange of ornaments. According to the terms of the forum, there is to be no trading, swapping, exchanging or selling of any kind. We of course understand the desire to do so, and that your intentions were are only good ones and in keeping with the holiday spirit and the general good feeling here amongst one another at the 100lb club. But a rule is a rule, and unfortunately it is impossible for us to pick and choose who gets to bypass those rules. Anything done via PM is of course up to the individual, but please be aware that 3FC can in no way be held responsible for any mishaps or misunderstandings.

Good luck ladies and let the games begin!!!! :smug:

We absolutely want to conform to the rules, don't we? I think just participating in the contest, encouraging one another, and getting ourselves 14 lbs thinner is reward enough. Is everyone else with me on this? We are adults; we don't have to have "prizes" to do what we need to do to get healthy. It was a fun thought, but I totally agree with Admin that in a community like this it can get difficult. So...at this time, I will be updating the original note once again, and we will just leave it at well wishes, support, etc. HOWEVER, the avatar idea is absolutely wonderful, and I'm hopeful that either myself or someone can come up with something on this before the end of our contest. This really would be a better solution because then everyone could get something! I will keep you posted on how it goes getting an avatar for this.

Thanks one and all who have chosen to join in. I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion, but this should be the end of all of that.

Now, let the fun begin............................... :carrot:

gina1221
09-20-2007, 11:15 AM
UPDATE!!
However, I would absolutely love it if EVERYONE who gets to their Christmas Challenge goal could have the avatar that was so brilliantly suggested by Jen415!

I think this is a fantastic idea. :present: I'm not this technologically savvy but hopefully someone can help out.

I putting my goal at -23 pounds (already created my ticker :D). This would put me down 50 pounds overall... however, I hope to be able to surpass this by Christmas.

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea. :present: I'm not this technologically savvy but hopefully someone can help out.

I putting my goal at -23 pounds (already created my ticker :D). This would put me down 50 pounds overall... however, I hope to be able to surpass this by Christmas.

You can do it, Gina!!! I'm so glad you joined us!

Please see my post just before yours....it had to be updated due to top Admin recommendations. :( But, that's okay! We are doing this mainly for ourselves to get healthier, but doing it fun competition style just helps get rid of the doldrums on a journey we all are making already anyway. ;)

Here's wishing you all the umph you need to surpass your goal!!

LondonJulz
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
:present:

Dearest Santa,

For Christmas, I no longer want to be considered"OBESE".... I want to get my BMI to where I am simply "OVERWEIGHT"....

so, that will be at 185 pounds (32 pounds in 14 weeks is about 2.3 pounds a week... I can do it! ):elf:

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
:present:

Dearest Santa,

For Christmas, I no longer want to be considered"OBESE".... I want to get my BMI to where I am simply "OVERWEIGHT"....

so, that will be at 185 pounds (32 pounds in 14 weeks is about 2.3 pounds a week... I can do it! ):elf:

Cute idea (Dear Santa)!!!! Put a smile on my face. ;)

You CAN do it!!! We will do this together....I'm really excited about all of us who will be making extra efforts to reach our mini goal! This will be fun.

LondonJulz
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
For anyone who is up to creating an avatar... maybe we could make a few and have a vote on them or something??? I'd be interested in trying to make one, just drop some ideas as to what you're thinking of having it say or be?

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
For anyone who is up to creating an avatar... maybe we could make a few and have a vote on them or something??? I'd be interested in trying to make one, just drop some ideas as to what you're thinking of having it say or be?

Cool!! A few ideas:
1. I met my "Merry Christmas to Me" goal
2. I met my 12/25/07 mini goal on 3FC
3. I thought I could and I did! Christmas Contest 2007
4. "I'm a Weight Loss Challenge Winning Chick!" (because we are all winners when we lose any amount of weight, right?)

If you go back a few posts, Jen415 described a design in her post as well.

As already mentioned, some don't celebrate Christmas, so we would need to think about something that could go either way or maybe have 2 to chose from - one that is Christmas and one that isn't. Just a thought...we still have a few weeks so hopefully some better ideas will come in by that time.

Thanks for offering!

LondonJulz
09-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Cool deal - I'll get to work on a few of them today. I love doing stuff like this. If anyone else can make them - MAKE THEM! And we can have a few to choose from....

Hope20
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes Yes Yes!!

Count me in, this is going to be so much fun. Can't wait to be closer to onederland:)

Slashnl
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Ok, I'm in, too! I want to be at 256 by Christmas. That would be nice! Much better than last Christmas!

nicolen
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Ooh, I'm in too!

I'd like to be in the 220s by Christmas if possible, but I'd be more than happy with 233!

srqmomof2
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm in!!!

Sheila53
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Even though I have six pounds to lose, not 14, I hope that I can join in? During the holiday season, it's always great to have a goal to get you through the temptations. I love contests, and I'd love to have a cool avatar.

The avatar idea is a great one. My avatar used to be my gorgeous granddaughter, but some creepy person who got on 3FC one day posted an offensive remark about her ethnicity.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
The avatar idea is a great one. My avatar used to be my gorgeous granddaughter, but some creepy person who got on 3FC one day posted an offensive remark about her ethnicity.

Oh no, Sheila! I had no idea. Your grandaughter is beautiful. Your avatar always made me smile.

LaurieDawn
09-20-2007, 02:49 PM

I've never created an avatar per se, but I have designed websites, and so have done some elementary graphic design. Is that all that's required? If so, I'll do one for the official "winner" of the challenge - if you're still looking to have an overall winner, Ritzy. Can someone just point me in the right direction to get instructions on size, how to upload it to 3FC, etc.?

Thanks -

Laurie

CLCSC145
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Me too! 227 by Christmas!

sirak
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
"I'm a Weight Loss Challenge Winning Chick!"
I see this little chick with a Santa hat on.....

traci in training
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I didn't mean to start anything with the ornament thing - it was just an idea. I'm okay if we can't do it. I certainly don't want to break the rules.

I'm in for 18 pounds. No longer obese. Best Christmas present ever!

Miss Valentine
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Count me in on this too!

My goal for 12/25 is to be down 20 lbs.

Which will put me at 175.5!

shelby897
09-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm in if it's not too late -- I want to be down a size, but to put a weight loss goal on it -- 25 lbs.

the Avatar sounds great -- but also, just a suggestion, maybe instead of buying the winners an ornament, we all put aside like a couple of dollars a week during the challenge and chat on something we would all like to have -- a manicure, nice hair cut, etc. and after the challenge is over a whole lot of 3FC's could hit the salon/store for the same thing.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Goddess Jessica
09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow! Fun idea!

Since I will be in El Salvador on Christmas (with no scales in sight!), I will weigh in on January 1st!

Current Weight
Your weight is 255 lb as of 09/20/2007.

Weight Goal
Your goal is to weigh 239 lb by 01/01/2008

Goal Progress
You are currently 16 lb above the target weight.

The deadline for your goal is 103 days (14 weeks, 5 days) away.

To meet your goal you need to lose about 1.09 lb per week.

missaprylj
09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Let's do it! 235 by Christmas. :-)

puboochu99
09-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I am in, but I hope it's more than 15 lbs for me!

Marseille
09-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I hope I am not too late for this... I want to be a part of it too. I am just starting out though so I am also going to "double down" and go for 28 pounds. That puts me at 239 which means I lose ALL the weight that I have gained since starting my new job in May 2006. (I started this job at 241)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wb47eK3/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wb47eK3/)

math puppy
09-21-2007, 01:12 AM
awsome count me in!
9/20 weight= 266

WinterStarzz
09-21-2007, 01:41 AM
After reading the first thread on this, I made myself a Christmas weight loss ticker, lol. So...I'M IN!! I am looking forward to this kick in the booty. Plus, looking ahead, being down 15 (or more?) pounds by the time all the family stuff starts happening would be awesome! Good luck to all!

RitzyFritz
09-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I've never created an avatar per se, but I have designed websites, and so have done some elementary graphic design. Is that all that's required? If so, I'll do one for the official "winner" of the challenge - if you're still looking to have an overall winner, Ritzy. Can someone just point me in the right direction to get instructions on size, how to upload it to 3FC, etc.?

Thanks -

Laurie

Thanks, Laurie! Anyone wanting to try their hand at this is welcome to do it! As for the instructions on size, etc., I'm not sure about that, as I'm clueless about anything having to do with web designing, etc. However, if you would want to send a PM to RockinRobin or Sandi, I bet they could get some info for you. Thanks again! I'm looking forward to what you create!

And, I'm THRILLED to see everyone who is joining in on the challenge! I think this is definitely a time when "the more the merrier" definitely applies! ;)

traci in training: You didn't start anything, so don't worry about it. I had even updated the original post to include a little gift, so it is squarely on my shoulders. ;) :hug: I'm just glad you are joining in on the fun.

Again, WELCOME to all the new Christmas Challenge Chicks!!! :carrot:

AuntChuChu
09-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I want in on this challenge. I will try very hard to be true to this and lose 15# by 12/25. That would put me at 265. this may be just what I need to buckle down and try harder.

Dawn2Dusk
09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Ooooh, may I join in? I think I'll set my goal to 30 lbs. So that will be about 207.5 lbs by December 25.

Jen415
09-21-2007, 11:42 AM
So can we start counting it now??

At my weigh-in last night, the scale showed 2.2 lbs GONE! 11.8 more pounds to go!

Bouncing
09-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Me too! Me too! My goal is 15 lbs, down to 224: the point at which I will be merely obese, rather than morbidly obese! Go us!

Daimere
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
As I said in the other thread(I didn't realize we moved it here...lol), I will go for 15 pounds. I'll update on Sunday when i weigh. I've gotten to love Sundays now.

lalique
09-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm in too!!

This would put me at 219lbs by Christmas if I lose the 1lb/week, but I think I'd like to shoot for 206lbs, but I'd be happy with any kind of weight loss to tell you the honest truth!! :)

NickiB68
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I've just gotten around to reading this thread. I think its a wonderful idea and all of the enthusiam is contagious! What a wonderful way to support each other through the holiday season. I have a goal to hit, 215, before Thanksgiving, the first time I will see my sister in 8 years! I can do 5 pounds in 5 weeks after that, so my goal is 210. Time to go 'shopping' for a Christmas ticker! :hohoho:

sirak
09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
ok- I have three days in a row of reasonable food choices ( not perfect) and three days of exercise.
Last month I had no exercise- but I didn't flip on food ( which considering the chaos of late is really good).In fact my diet is the one thing that I have some sort of control of and cans of Tuna are really cheap:D.

shelby897
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I haven't been doing terribly well, but I'm coming off of two months of complete binges, so in comparison, I'm doing great!! However, my bad news -- my husband put in a new bathroom floor last week -- which doesn't seem like much -- but since our house is so old and crooked, it completely changed my weight on the scales, apparently he took out my "speed bump" I had been putting the digital scales on!! So, I'm going to set a new starting weight tomorrow and go with that!! Puts me a little behind all you guys, but that's okay!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

MsOnemoretime
09-22-2007, 07:53 PM
WOW--I've been off board for a while, dropped in to say hello. This challenge is awesome. It would put me at 259 for Christmas. I'm in!

sharonrr1
09-23-2007, 08:46 AM
I have been really slow to lose the weight lately. I'll give it a try. What is the worst that can happen. I might be 159 instead of 158. That sounds so weird for me to say. I was 255 back in 2003. That would mean it took me almost 5 years to get healthy. At least I'm getting there. Some people do not get healthy all there lives. Thank you all for being here.

Daimere
09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Here's my update to my goal. I just weight and I gained a .2 pounds. The funny thing is I workout out more because of this goal

sirak
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Yesterday was another day of reasonable food choices . I didn't exercise.
My inspiration for the week is that I did measurements and in the last month I lost two inches in my waist !

sockmonkey70
09-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I would like to join! I have set a bunch of mini-goals for myself along the way, but I think I will go back and revise them. I would like to lose atleast 20 more pounds by Christmas, more if possible. My dream goal is 160 by X-Mas/New Years, so officially 25 pounds.

Also, I would love to design an avatar for this...I will work on a couple and post them later today :)

sockmonkey70
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/sockmonkey70/chick1.gif

phantastica
09-23-2007, 05:42 PM
OMG Mary - so cute!

royalsfan1
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Mary - PERFECT!

LaurieDawn
09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Mary, I love it! Since I volunteered to try my hand at it as well, I did come up with something. I tried to use some of the same wording as you to give it consistency, but the graphics are not very similar. I also put mine as my avatar, since I am embarrassed to admit that I don't even know how to load a picture into a message, and I wanted to see if it was the right size, etc., anyway. I also had volunteered to do the graphic for the overall winner, but it seemed like that's what yours was for, so I shifted it to do the graphic for anyone who either meets their goal or just finishes the contest lighter than they started - whichever Ritzy and the group wants.

So, here's my contribution. Please know, though, that I am fine using a variation of your avatar for anything and everything. I really love it!

sockmonkey70
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh gosh Laurie I can change the wording on mine if you want to do the one for the winner! I guess I didn't see you post to volunteer..I feel really bad now!! Yours is totally cute!

LaurieDawn
09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Watch us dance as we try to avoid stepping on each other's toes, Mary! :hug:

I said I would come up with something, I had fun putting something together, and now I'm done. The group can use it if it finds it useful, and ignore it if it's not useful. Perhaps we want to just use yours and change the slogans (I like how you did your wording much better than mine, BTW) or we could use both of the designs for different things, or everyone who "wins" the challenge (however that's defined - as meeting a goal or as just losing some weight) could make their own decision. Trust me when I say it makes no difference to me. As I said before, I made a commitment, I followed through on it, and now I will leave it to the powers-that-be (I believe that's your official title, Ritzy) to determine how it will be used! (And it will take more than missing one of my posts on a five-page thread to offend me - just so you're aware of that as well!)

Sheila53
09-23-2007, 09:34 PM
That would mean it took me almost 5 years to get healthy. At least I'm getting there. Some people do not get healthy all there lives.

Sharon, I started in fall 2002 so you never need to feel bad about being a slow loser. You're so right--you're getting there and that's all that counts!

sockmonkey70
09-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Whew!!! I HATE stepping on people's toes. I really thought I had read all of the posts carefully to make sure no one had volunteered LOL. Dumb me. :hug:

Anyway, here's another version of mine...I think leaving it up to the powers that be is fine with me!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/sockmonkey70/chick2.gif

shelby897
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Not to step on toes either, or stick my nose in - but there are many talented people on here and I'm sure there will also be a bunch who make their goals, and as we all have different taste, a think a few avatars would be great anyway and everyone who earns one can pick which one they like best....just a thought :D

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I have a doctors appointment in the morning for some "issues" and should be able to get my butt in gear immediately after!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Good morning, Everyone. I didnt do very well this past week. Went off plan on Saturday and have .6 pound gain for the week. I'm determined to lose that plus more for this week! I absolutely must make exercise a priority. I do think that is my key. Of course, I need to start tracking my calories again, too. Hope everyone is doing okay and has a great on-plan day.

sabriena
09-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm down 2 pounds for this week. Rhonda, you can totally lose that bit you gained plus more!!

Good luck to everyone! :D

royalsfan1
09-24-2007, 09:25 AM
2 lbs closer to whatever my Christmas goal ends up being! I'm starting to feel in the "groove" again. I'm so excited about the holidays this year!!!!!!!!!! Who is this person in my clothes who is actually looking forward to family gatherings????????????????

sirak
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Well Miss Mary- great minds do think alike and are from Louisiana ( I was born there) !I love the little guy !

Weight dropped over the weekend and I am surprised to see it still down after a big meal of grilled shrimp and eggplant. Maybe I should have set my goal at 140 ?
I need to get my shoes on and get some exercise time today. I have bunches of anxiety and have to channel it positivity.

LondonJulz
09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
One avatar done. I'm working on a few others!

boaterswife
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
First weigh in under the new challange, and I've had a better week than I've had in quite a while! Down 2.2 pounds....yippee!!!!

LaurieDawn
09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Cute avatar, LondonJulz.

Kelly - you are so close to goal now. What a great feeling it must be! And it looks like they will have to make run in the 100-pound club for you very soon as well....

Jen415
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
So where are we supposed to post our weigh-ins for this challenge?

I'm up 1.4 lbs...Dang TOM!!

Slashnl
09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I didn't budge last week on the weigh-in. I'm not trying as hard as I need to, though... I admit it. I'll get focused back in and work harder!

phantastica
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I did my first official weigh-in, so now I at least know my starting point for this challenge. I hadn't weighed in since June (I don't have a scale at home), when I was in my last TOPS group. I just rejoined a new TOPS group and found out that I now weigh seven pounds more than I did in June. Not terrible - I expected a gain.

Schmoodle
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
You guys are so creative! I love the avatars so far. It will be hard to choose (if I earn the right to have one, that is).

Miss Valentine
09-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I haven't been able to post much here but I would still like to participate!

I had a neutral week, didn't lose or gain. The stress of a new job has gotten to me a little and I need to get back on track.

boaterswife
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Woo hoo! Weigh in this morning has me down 1.2......I am on my way!

Schmoodle
09-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Woo-hoo, me too, I got to move the Christmas ticker finally!
Down three pounds, 11 more to go by Dec. 25!

Daimere
09-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Weigh in today said 254.2..which means 10 more pounds to go!

JellyBelly1908
09-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Only down 2 lb. :(

28 more to go!!! :D

London Lawyer
09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi :wave:

I'm new here and this sounds like a great challenge to get me started, is it ok if I join in? I'd like to lose 14lbs by Christmas as well, which means I need to get down to 231 by Christmas.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

boaterswife
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the challenge, Ruth! You can do it!!

Jelly, put a smile on your face! A 2 lb. loss is awesome, and right in line with what the experts say is a healthy loss....keep it up and you'll get there!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Woo-hoo, me too, I got to move the Christmas ticker finally!
Down three pounds, 11 more to go by Dec. 25!

Me too! Down 3 for weigh-in this morning.

RitzyFritz
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi, everyone!! I'm so sorry to be missing in action, but I have been on vacation for the past 9 days. UNFORTUNATELY, I have had a gain of 2 lbs (sob!!!!!!!!). Although I tried to make healthy choices, there were times I just didn't have a healthy choice and so....here I am 2 lbs up. :( Oh well....just adds a little more challenge to "the challenge." :D

Mary, LaurieDawn, and LondonJulz: Thank you ALL for your efforts on the avatars!! I love them! And as it has already been mentioned, having a few to choose from is great! Thank you all SO VERY MUCH!!! They are wonderful! I'm looking forward to having one of them myself! ;)

Here's to getting on that bandwagon and riding through to victory on 12/25!! :D

So glad to see all the new ones join as well!!

And to you loosers - you are rockin'! That is WONDERFUL to see the successes!! We can, and will, do this!!!

Let's go, chick-a-dees!!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome back, Ritzy! 2 pounds is not so bad...you can lose that and more!

RitzyFritz
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome back, Ritzy! 2 pounds is not so bad...you can lose that and more!

Thanks, Rhonda!! It is pretty embarrassing to have to come back and report a gain, though. :o But, that won't stop me from reaching my challenge. I will just have to work a little harder at it. :D

royalsfan1
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Who knows, Ritz, maybe it's water retention! 2 pounds sounds likely to me!

I'm down 2 this week. Still am not sure what number I'm aiming for but I'm 2 pounds closer to it!

RitzyFritz
10-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Who knows, Ritz, maybe it's water retention! 2 pounds sounds likely to me!

I'm down 2 this week. Still am not sure what number I'm aiming for but I'm 2 pounds closer to it!

Wouldn't that be nice!? ;) We shall see come next week's weigh in. ;)

I hope everyone else is doing well on their own Christmas challenge!!

Slashnl
10-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Still trying to keep on plan here. It is such a struggle sometimes, but I'm just trying to go one day at a time! I didn't lose much last week, but I'm doing better this week, so hopefully I'll make good progress toward my goal. It still freaks me out how fast this year is going!!!

Ritzy, you'll do fine and take off those pounds plus more! I know you can do it!

RitzyFritz
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Still trying to keep on plan here. It is such a struggle sometimes, but I'm just trying to go one day at a time! I didn't lose much last week, but I'm doing better this week, so hopefully I'll make good progress toward my goal. It still freaks me out how fast this year is going!!!

Ritzy, you'll do fine and take off those pounds plus more! I know you can do it!

Thanks, Slashnl!! I appreciate your vote of confidence. I believe you can do it, too!! It definitely takes perseverance, doesn't it? :hug:

Dyanm1
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm in....I stated this on the other thread. My ticker expresses my goal ;).

I, however, am having a terrible time. The first week, no gain, no loss :p. I was happy with that, but from this Saturday morning to Monday morning I showed a GAIN of 7 pounds!!! :?:. I went through some of the data that I've been keeping and found out that 2 weeks after my TOM, I gain anywhere from 7-10 pounds. Which totally sucks! But on a brighter note, it comes off ALMOST as fast. Here it is, Wednesday (2 days later) and I'm down 6 of the 7. So I will post my offical weigh - in(s) on either Friday or Saturday.

Congrats to the losers! :hug:

I'm loving the Avatars!

WinterStarzz
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I haven't forgotten about all you lovely ladies, just been a bit preoccupied. Currently down to 299 (my first goal!!!!!!!!!), which leaves me 10 to go!

Miss Valentine
10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Just checking in, glad to read all the progress people are having!

I have lost 3 now, so I have 17 to go!

London Lawyer
10-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Hello All

My first report - it turns out that I had miscalculated when converting my weight from Kilos (which my Doctor weighs in) into pounds so I've lost 2lbs less than I thought.

Anyhow, I'm down 6 so I have another 8 to go. I'm hoping hoping hoping with all my fingers and toes crossed that I am going to make it but I have a terrible habit of starting out very well and then going off the rails.

RitzyFritz
10-04-2007, 10:38 AM
DYAN: I am one that totally gets the scales all messed up around TOM! :( I hate weighing when it is 'that time' because I'm a terrible retainer of water! But, you are doing great!! Keep it up!!

WINTERSTARZZ & Miss VALENTINE: You are doing AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!

RUTH: You can make it this time!! Don't focus on your past habits because that is all in the past! As we have all heard before, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again! Just think of all the inventions that we now enjoy. There were many times of trial and error before they got it just right. So....all those times in the past were just your trial and error times. ;) You are doing great....KEEP IT UP! It will be worth it!!

RoyalAthena
10-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I saw this challenge when it first started and wanted to join!! I got too busy to post :( I have lost some weight since then. I hope it is not to late to join in. If I can join in, here is my challenge: I will put a goal of 19lbs by Christmas...I want to be down to 215.

Go us! Go us!!!!! :carrot:

Dawn2Dusk
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Hello, ladies. I know I joined the Christmas challenge but I'm going to have to take myself off of it, at least for now. I realized that while setting up goals gives me motivation, I am absolutely horrible at looking at things long-term. I start thinking that it's too far away and I'm never going to get there. So for now, I'm setting up a Halloween goal and then a Thanksgiving goal. And then when December rolls around, a Christmas goal. :D

Good luck to all of you!

gina1221
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Just checking in with an update...

Since the start of the challenge, I am down 6.5 lbs... :carrot: ...16.5 lbs to go.

Congrats to all the losers! We can do this!!

Miss Valentine
10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Checking in with 4 down and 16 more pounds to go!

Hope everyone is getting a little closer to their xmas goal.

Daimere
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
.9 pound gone. I'm not even gonna worry about my tickers/ It's better than gaining. I wonder if my TOM has anything for the lacking of loosing. Although now, I have to loose 1.5 pounds every week to reach my halloween goal.

JellyBelly1908
10-07-2007, 08:55 PM
0 pounds lost. :(

I had several parties to go to this week so I ate totally off plan...and I only exercised once. The scale didn't budge at all.

*beats self up*

Jen415
10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I have 10 lbs to go for my goal in the challenge!! That also happens to be the number of pounds to lose to makey my Jenny Craig 5% goal!!

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

royalsfan1
10-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Another 1.5 closer to whatever my Christmas goal ends up being! I'm having a tougher time figuring out what my mini-goals need to be in order to be ambitious but still achievable. I only stuck 4 pounds on Thanksgiving. There are several reasons for that. One, because I'm starting to feel clueless! haha Two, because this weekend is a 4 day women's retreat and I'll be a LOT less able to control my meals. Yes, I'm taking some Slimfast and some yogurt for those meals that I just can't eat at all...but other meals I'll need to just be portion conscious and hopefully not derail my entire week. Lots of trips out of town this month..

Anyway, all that blabbing to say that I'm a total of 3.5 pounds closer to my whatever it is Christmas goal from when this challenge began! :D

Ho Ho Ho

RitzyFritz
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
WOW!!!! Everyone is doing FABULOUS!!!! I'm so proud of you!!

I'm down .8 lbs for My Christmas Gift Challenge. This is because two weeks ago we went on vacation and I gained 2 lbs. So, last week I spent the week getting off those 2 lbs. Thankfully, I took them off plus an addition little bit, so this is the reason for my fraction of a lb loss this week. I feel "officially in the saddle" now. ;)

Keep up the great work, everyone!!! This is so much fun when a fun challenge is thrown in. :D

Slashnl
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Down a couple of pounds for my goal. I have a little more than 13 to go yet. I need to kick it up a little bit and get some good losses going.

Congrats to those who are making this look easy!!!

RitzyFritz
10-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Just checking in on everyone....how are we doing?? Hope all is going well for you all. Remember, we CAN do this!! I highly recommend you read RockinRobins thread about how she reached goal (and beyond). It will surely motivate and inspire you to KEEP on KEEPING ON!!! It is worth any down days we may have and it is certainly worth all the effort we put into making healthy food choices and exercise.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we all do on this challenge! :hug:

Cuter w Curves
10-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I know I am coming in late but I am going to try to make it to my friends place of work tomorrow (my old gym) and hit the scales... hehe

I am in for some goal but I need to update my current status first.

RitzyFritz
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I know I am coming in late but I am going to try to make it to my friends place of work tomorrow (my old gym) and hit the scales... hehe

I am in for some goal but I need to update my current status first.

WELCOME!! Glad to have you join in on the challenge! :)

Cuter w Curves
10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks... Now I just have to get to the darn gym to weigh in. LMAO!

Going to aim for that today.

Jen415
10-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry gang--a slight gain this week (.4 lbs)....

Cuter w Curves
10-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Ok... So I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I am 262.5 at mid day, fully clothed, and wearing crocs.

The bad news is I was at 262 at the end of August.

I had some serious sneak attacks with my allergy, and other things so I am actually really happy that I didn't gain. *YAY ME* I would have sworn I was up a good 10 lbs but I think that is a self image thing.

So... Because I seem to be stalled I am going to aim carefully and make it an even 250 lbs for Christmas. Wish me luck.

S

RitzyFritz
10-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Jen415: Don't sweat the small stuff my mother always said. This is something you can take off really quickly, so I'm sure you will get a number you like next weigh-in. Just stick to your plan and you will see the numbers go down! We are with you on this....you can do it!!! :hug:

Cuter w Curves: I think you have set a very reasonable and acheivable goal to reach by Christmas! For me, weighing in the middle of the day (fully dressed no less) would not be a true number because I have such issues with water retention. So, you may find that early morning (when you first get up) your numbers are even better....so it might not be as bad as you think! ;) Keep doing what you know works for you and you will get there!! I'm anxious to see your progress between now and Christmas.

One thing I will mention to everyone - I KNOW we all have long-term goals, but I have tried a new method (may not be new to you all, but it is for me). I have tried to "forget" my goal of getting to 150. I have said to myself, "I want to get to 186. That's it." Then, when I get to 186 I will look at my weight and say, "I want to get to 170. That's it." If I can keep myself aiming for smaller goals and not look at the big picture, then I tend to do better because I get overwhelmed with the big numbers. I know this seems like "old news" but it is hard to explain in typed conversation what I'm trying to say. But, hopefully you all will look at the small goals we have set for this Christmas Gift Contest and you will focus only on that - not the final goal you have for yourself. That will come eventually...just get to this small goal first and then adjust your sights and go for another mini goal. Sooner or later you will reach the big goal by just reaching all those small goals one at a time.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

tamaralynn
10-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Sooo sounds like fun :) count me in. Only 12 weeks for me, but all well!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
If I can keep myself aiming for smaller goals and not look at the big picture, then I tend to do better because I get overwhelmed with the big numbers.

Yep, I'm not concentrating on 150 because that is soooooo far away. Right now, my goal is to get out of the 230's....then 220's...210's...etc etc etc.

sidhe
10-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Hi all! I was 249.5 when I started, and, and this morning I'm 243.0! So Since I've started I'm down 6.5 pounds. These are incredible results, I never lose this fast. Don't know what's changed or what's different, but I'm not fighting it! :D

RitzyFritz
10-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Glad to count you in, tamaralynn!!! I'm enjoying the friendly competition! ;)

Rhonda: That's exactly how I have to do it too....even though I know 150 is in the future, it isn't what I concentrate on right now. You are doing AWESOME! Keep it up!

Sidhe!!!! That is WONDERFUL news!!! Keep up the good work! Whatever you are doing is definitely paying off! :congrat:

London Lawyer
10-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Hello all

This week I have lost just over 2 pounds so since the beginning of the challenge I am down 8 pounds. Only 6 more to go!

Good luck everyone.

Cuter w Curves
10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Cuter w Curves: I think you have set a very reasonable and acheivable goal to reach by Christmas! For me, weighing in the middle of the day (fully dressed no less) would not be a true number because I have such issues with water retention. So, you may find that early morning (when you first get up) your numbers are even better....so it might not be as bad as you think! ;) Keep doing what you know works for you and you will get there!! I'm anxious to see your progress between now and Christmas.

I purposefully do not have scales in my house. The last set bounced down the parking lot of my old building. *snicker* I had weighed in at the Dr's... Then weighed in at home. The ones at home said I was 35 lbs heavier and it was only 2 hours later.

So I go out to weigh in... Always do it around 12:30... No it might not be indicative of my morning weight and I may actually weigh less... but I am ok with the mid-day one as that is all I generally get to see.

I am fighting hard with myself on getting a new set. I really don't want them around my 4 year old. She is slim, tall, and beautiful... Most of my family is slim and she is built like them. I don't want her to see them as something that should be used regularly if that makes sense at all.

Thanks for the encouragement hun... And good luck with your current goal. I personally don't think of the end goal at all... This mini is the first one I am actually concentrating on.

RitzyFritz
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Only 9-1/2 weeks left until Christmas (12/25)!!!

So, how is everyone doing?? Come on!!! We can make it!! :cheer: :cheer:

Cuter w Curves: I can see your point about the scales; however, I have a slim digital set that I slip into a draw beside my desk. I use it every morning and then put it back in the drawer (that way it isn't considered a piece of bathroom furniture ;) ). Or, another option you could use is (if you have them available) is a mall or health food store close to you that has a scale. This way you aren't obsessing with it but you can still get an idea every once in awhile. No matter what you decide, you can do it! :D

Miss Valentine
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I am now down 7 lbs. which means I have 13 left to go until my xmas goal.

Something I just realized the other day, if I meet my xmas goal I only have 1.5 lbs to lose after that until I have a "slightly overweight" BMI instead of the obese I'm at now! That's some motivation right there.
And I'm currently the lightest I have been in the past 5 years!

RitzyFritz, you're like everyone's personal cheerleader in this thread, thank you! It's nice to have some positive vibes around. :)

Cuter w Curves
10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Cuter w Curves: I can see your point about the scales; however, I have a slim digital set that I slip into a draw beside my desk. I use it every morning and then put it back in the drawer (that way it isn't considered a piece of bathroom furniture ;) ). Or, another option you could use is (if you have them available) is a mall or health food store close to you that has a scale. This way you aren't obsessing with it but you can still get an idea every once in awhile. No matter what you decide, you can do it! :D

Talked to my sweetie last night about the two sides... Going to the gym to weigh in and tie it to visiting a friend or getting a set for at home. He said he felt a home set was a bad idea before I told him what I thought.

Interesting how he and I both prefer to do this out of the home. Neither of us want the 4 year old to think stepping on scales is a normal thing, or something that should be done regularly. For me... I would be ok weighing 250 lbs as long as I was in a size 14-16 doing so. If that makes any sense at all.

But... I lost 4 lbs since last weigh in and again it was a mid day step on. :carrot:

RitzyFritz
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I am now down 7 lbs. which means I have 13 left to go until my xmas goal.

Something I just realized the other day, if I meet my xmas goal I only have 1.5 lbs to lose after that until I have a "slightly overweight" BMI instead of the obese I'm at now! That's some motivation right there.
And I'm currently the lightest I have been in the past 5 years!

RitzyFritz, you're like everyone's personal cheerleader in this thread, thank you! It's nice to have some positive vibes around. :)

That will be TOTALLY AWSOME!!!! I love watching the BMI numbers go down just as much as the pounds. You go, girl!!! :cheer: :cheer: I'm so proud of your accomplishments so far!! You are going to be so proud of yourself come Christmas Day! :hug:

So glad to have you as a part of the Christmas Gift Challenge!! Makes it a little more interesting that just doing it solo, right? ;)

RitzyFritz
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Talked to my sweetie last night about the two sides... Going to the gym to weigh in and tie it to visiting a friend or getting a set for at home. He said he felt a home set was a bad idea before I told him what I thought.

Interesting how he and I both prefer to do this out of the home. Neither of us want the 4 year old to think stepping on scales is a normal thing, or something that should be done regularly. For me... I would be ok weighing 250 lbs as long as I was in a size 14-16 doing so. If that makes any sense at all.

But... I lost 4 lbs since last weigh in and again it was a mid day step on. :carrot:

Well, at least you are both in agreement! That always helps. ;)

I say whatever method is best for each of us to get to our goals, that is what we all need to do. This is how we can be successful...doing things that we know work for us. ;)

Jen415
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Y'all, I totally ROCKED my weigh-in yesterday--3.5 lbs gone! Iam only 6.5 lbs away from my Christmas goal of 306! I believe with all my hear that I CAN DO THIS!!

RitzyFritz
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Y'all, I totally ROCKED my weigh-in yesterday--3.5 lbs gone! Iam only 6.5 lbs away from my Christmas goal of 306! I believe with all my hear that I CAN DO THIS!!

GREAT JOB!!!! :cheer: You are doing great! You are going to get to your Christmas goal yet - and maybe ahead of time!! Go, girl, go!!! :carrot:

Miss Valentine
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM

You will probably reach your xmas goal ahead of schedule!

And I'm just bumpin' this thread back up with a little update. I have now lost 9 lbs, so 11 more to go. I've been really fired up since this challenge started, but I went a little off plan today already! Nothing too terrible, I just ate a couple of small cookies with a small glass of chocolate milk, but a lot of times two small cookies leads to things a lot more disastrous for me! So I had to come to the forums to get my mentality right again. :)

royalsfan1
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Another pound closer to whatever my Christmas goal ends up being! :D

LaurieDawn
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I feel like I've finally hit a groove for the weight loss thing again. I am trying really hard not to be overconfident and to concentrate on my weaknesses - like weekends. My husband made a fattening dinner yesterday, and he can be a big part of the reasons why weekends can be challenging. BUT - he got food specifically for me to eat and had a plan to get me out of the house while everyone was eating the pork chops and macaroni and cheese he made for them. So sweet, huh? Hopefully, I'll be able to plan well enough for next weekend so that it will be as successful as this one.

I was worried that I wouldn't make my Christmas goal because I hadn't been doing so well. But, after a disastrous weekend last weekend, I got back onto plan with a vengeance. I skipped my WI last week because I didn't want to get discouraged, but I came in at 8 pounds gone for the last two weeks at this morning's weigh-in. So - I have 18 pounds to go to meet the goal. It was an aggressive goal when I set it, and didn't really include the time for a backslide, but I may still reach it. And if I don't, I won't be crying if I weigh 170 or so come Christmas!

RitzyFritz
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Tricia and LauriDawn!!!!! YOU TWO ARE DOING GREAT!! I'm so proud of you!!! :hug: Keep up the great work!! You are inspirational to the rest of us!

As for me, I'm only down 0.6 lb this week, but as mentioned in the weigh-in thread, I'm still having water retention issues. I do know I'm still losing because my measurements and clothes tell me. But, I really want the scale to catch up! I have started a water/cranberry juice regimen in the hopes of getting this fluid down. Hopefully next week's weigh-in will give a more accurate number on the scale. :)

RitzyFritz
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Miss Valentine - I didn't mean to leave you out of my last post!! You are doing FABULOUS too!! WOW!!! :carrot: You have definitely inspired me to keep plugging at my own goal! Way to go!!!! :hug: Keep it up!!!

Slashnl
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I had a good week, so I'm now 10.6 pounds from my Christmas goal. I think I might make it if I can just keep on track!!! I'm sure it is possible!!

Congrats to all who are doing so well.

royalsfan1
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Ritz, you're doing great, too! I'm so glad to see you consistently posting losses...it doesn't matter if they're huge or small...they're losses. That's what I tell myself each week!

LaurieDawn....I was reading your post and checked out your ticker and thought "Man, she's getting downright skinny!" and I was momentarily envious. Then I giggled and thought "Wait, so am I!!!" :D Isn't funny how easy it is to acknowledge someone else's success and kind of miss our own???

LaurieDawn
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
That is way funny, Tricia, especially since I've always been inspired by your successes - from running to your progress pics to your scale successes, so you can actually claim some credit for my progress, along with so many other incredible 3FC'ers. And let me tell you - while I still have a tendency to feel fat too often - I would agree that WE are getting downright skinny!

RitzyFritz
10-23-2007, 04:15 AM
I had a good week, so I'm now 10.6 pounds from my Christmas goal. I think I might make it if I can just keep on track!!! I'm sure it is possible!!

Congrats to all who are doing so well.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go, girl!!! :carrot: That is FABULOUS! :hug: You are absolutely going to make it! Way to go!!

Ritz, you're doing great, too! I'm so glad to see you consistently posting losses...it doesn't matter if they're huge or small...they're losses. That's what I tell myself each week!

Thanks so very much!! I'm kinda discouraged this morning over this water retention issue, as just from yesterday morning (after doing everything "right" yesterday) the scales are showing me UP 1.6 lbs!! I know good and well that is NOT fat, especially since I can feel the water. :( This is just not the detour I wanted at this point, especially since I'm in a contest!!! :D I have a doctor's appointment next Monday. I'm hoping she will have some ways to help me with this that are NON pharmaceutical. ;) Thanks again for your support!!!

How about everyone else? How is it going? Having a struggle? Doing fabulous like these ladies? Would love to hear how you are doing!!! :hug:

Have a wonderfully blessed day!!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Hello, Everyone! I'm doing okay! Looks like this will be the first weight loss goal I've ever met! :D

RitzyFritz
10-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello, Everyone! I'm doing okay! Looks like this will be the first weight loss goal I've ever met! :D

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You go, girl!!! That is TOTALLY AWSOME!!! You continue to inspire me. :hug:

Keep up the great work!!

Cuter w Curves
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM

S

RitzyFritz
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM

S

Look at you go!!! You are not far from your goal at all!!! Great job!! :cheer:

Cuter w Curves
10-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks hun. I may need to re-set it if this keeps up.

Not that I mind at all!

RitzyFritz
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks hun. I may need to re-set it if this keeps up.

Not that I mind at all!

That's a good problem! ;)

Cuter w Curves
10-25-2007, 12:18 AM
That's a good problem! ;)

*nod*

My problem is that it is coming off so easy that I am slacking... Just a little. I almost need one of those no loss weeks to kick my butt a bit. ;) I am sure it will happen soon enough though.

RitzyFritz
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
*nod*

My problem is that it is coming off so easy that I am slacking... Just a little. I almost need one of those no loss weeks to kick my butt a bit. ;) I am sure it will happen soon enough though.

No....no slacking is allowed. :club: (just playing!) :hug:

RitzyFritz
10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
!!UPDATE!!

8 weeks and 4 days until Christmas - 12/25/07!!!!

So, how we doing?? Anyone having a phenomenal loss? A struggle? A setback? Staying right on track? Feel free to come here and report any of the above so we can cheer you on, fuel our own resolve, or help you feel better about any struggles or setbacks (we all have them, ya know :hug: )!!

We can do this! :cheer: We can do this!! :cheer: WE CAN DO THIS!!! :cheer:

LaurieDawn
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to wish you a happy anniversary yesterday, Ritzy. Hope you had a great day! I know that you having reached your goal two weeks early couldn't have hurt the day a bit.

RitzyFritz
10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Just wanted to wish you a happy anniversary yesterday, Ritzy. Hope you had a great day! I know that you having reached your goal two weeks early couldn't have hurt the day a bit.

How sweet! Thank you so much! :hug:

You are right - it definitely was an added bonus this year! As I have said many times before, I have THE BEST husband in the world (after 16 years I am pretty much in the know on this ;) ), but my weight loss has been a tremendous bonus to me. He loves me no matter what, but I have been more accepting of his love and more confident now that I have gone down a little. That is a huge accomplishment for someone who doesn't know how to take any kind of compliment (for the most part). :D

Cuter w Curves
10-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Two weeks into mine and it was 3.5 lbs a week... I anticipate a slow down but hopefully not yet.

:carrot:

Lannae
10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
okay...so Im going this with a weeks already under your belt,but still...better start somewhere...so I have lost 5pds already this week..

so what is a few more,right?

I wanted to be down to 230by xmas...that is 15pds,but through the holiday that may be hard,so even umm...235..that is 10pds in 8weeks,for me...

Im going for it...I just want to be under 240 for xmas...I want a good start to the new year,and I can make it through xmas,then I can do anything..lol..

Dumplin
10-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Count me in too. I need to stay focused!

wiosna
10-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm already in this contest:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125135&page=5

but hey....i think I should give myself a little gift for Christmas too, right? :) So though of joining this contest too :)

Have 3 great days behind me filled with lots of working out.....today is day 4 :)

All the best to all of you! We can do it! :)

RitzyFritz
10-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Cuter w Curves: That is AWSOME!!!! :cheer: You are doing great!

Lannae: You can do it for sure! You are already well on your way!! I'm cheering for you!! :cheer: ;)

Dumplin: We are counting you IN! :D You are going to be so much lighter come Christmas 2007!! ;) :cheer:

wiosna: You certainly CAN give yourself a Christmas gift - and what is a better gift than getting better health? You will be giving yourself one of the best gifts ever! You can do it!! :cheer:

I'm anxious to see how we ALL do!! I know we are going to be one more proud group of (thinner) chicks come Christmas 2007!!!!

We can do it!!! :cheer: :cheer:

wiosna
10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
RitzyFritz, thank you so much for your kind words :)

Oh yea....I'm sure we all want that gift for ourselves soooooo much :)

I remember when I was a kid I used to write letters to Santa Claus explaining him how good girl I've been over the past year and asking him to bring me some nice presents. Now I'm going to be my own Santa Claus and get myself an awesome gift :)

Slashnl
10-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Still working on it! I have a little over 10 pounds to go. It seems like I should be able to make it. I have another goal and a bet with a guy at work that is a little bit tougher, but I'm keeping motivated. I'll weigh in tomorrow and hope that I see some downward movement!!

txangelgirl
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
yeaaaaa count me in too! I think that is very doable, and I know we all can do it together! :D

RitzyFritz
10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
RitzyFritz, thank you so much for your kind words :)

Oh yea....I'm sure we all want that gift for ourselves soooooo much :)

I remember when I was a kid I used to write letters to Santa Claus explaining him how good girl I've been over the past year and asking him to bring me some nice presents. Now I'm going to be my own Santa Claus and get myself an awesome gift :)

That's a great way to put it! You can even write a letter to Santa this year and let Santa know what you want! ;)

RitzyFritz
10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Diane: You're gonna make it there!! I just know it!! :cheer:

Holli: We are counting you IN! Welcome!! :D

RitzyFritz
10-29-2007, 08:15 AM
How is everyone else doing???

I WANT US ALL TO REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
1. This contest is for FUN only!
2. This is a gift to ourselves!
3. DO NOT beat yourself up if you come short of your goal!!
4. We are in this together!
5. Weight loss IS do-able!!
6. No gift is better than the gift of health (physically speaking)!

As we clip away the days and weeks on our count down to 12/25/07, PLEASE keep the above in mind! I know sometimes we run into snags, set our goals out of reach, or maybe even lose sight of why we are doing this in the first place. Just remember the above points (and any other good ones you will find here on 3FC), and you can make it through the rought spots. I know that I'm CREEPING to my goal, but that is okay! I'm still in the arena, still in the fight, and I'm going to WIN - even if it isn't in the timeframe I want it to be in - I'm going to WIN! And you can too!! :hug: Don't get me wrong, I am BY ALL MEANS going to fight to get to my mini goal of 186 by Christmas, but if I don't, I will NOT give up, be discouraged, or quit because I'm in this for LIFE! Whether it be losing or maintaining, I'm here for life. :D

WE CAN do this - and we ARE!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

GirlyGirlSebas
10-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi Everyone. I had one of those totally off-plan and out-of-control weekends and I gained 1.4 pounds. Its time for some tough love! This week, I've decided to go back to something between phase 1 and 2 of my Southbeach plan.....kind of a phase 1 1/2. Lots of steamed veggies, lean proteins......very little grains, fats, and fruits...plus, lots and lots of water. I plan on losing the weight I've gained, plus a couple of more pounds. Next Monday, my ticker will be looking absolutely mahvelous darlin!

RitzyFritz
10-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Everyone. I had one of those totally off-plan and out-of-control weekends and I gained 1.4 pounds. Its time for some tough love! This week, I've decided to go back to something between phase 1 and 2 of my Southbeach plan.....kind of a phase 1 1/2. Lots of steamed veggies, lean proteins......very little grains, fats, and fruits...plus, lots and lots of water. I plan on losing the weight I've gained, plus a couple of more pounds. Next Monday, my ticker will be looking absolutely mahvelous darlin!

Don't sweat it, Rhonda!! You have the right idea - oops, I stumbled but I have a plan, and I will be all the better for it. :hug: Way to go for getting back on track. That is what makes the weight loss journey a success - getting up when you fall down. :D

wiosna
10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
RitzyFritz....how is it going? I'm sure you're doing great :)
Thanks for helping us to stay focused!

Rhonda I'm sure your ticker will look awesome next Monday....go girl! :)
Your plan sounds great.....I too go for some salads (lettuce, tomato, cucumber...nothing fancy) with tuna or chicken slices quite often and I do enjoy it lots and it works for me :)

wiosna
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
That's a great way to put it! You can even write a letter to Santa this year and let Santa know what you want! ;)

My Mom still keeps all the letters that little "wiosna" wrote to Santa. Since I was trying really hard to prove to Santa that I was extremely good, my letters are soooooooo self-praising (my God - as a kid I had no modesty at all!!! Lol):D

But anyways its funny to read it all after so many years:)

RitzyFritz
10-29-2007, 03:25 PM
RitzyFritz....how is it going? I'm sure you're doing great :)
Thanks for helping us to stay focused!

I'm doing "fair." I really want it to happen faster, but I'm okay with it going slowly as well. As long as it isn't GAINING! :D

My Mom still keeps all the letters that little "wiosna" wrote to Santa. Since I was trying really hard to prove to Santa that I was extremely good, my letters are soooooooo self-praising (my God - as a kid I had no modesty at all!!! Lol):D

But anyways its funny to read it all after so many years:)

How funny!! Well, trying writing your "grown-up" Christmas Letter this year. Then save it when you get to goal and have a good laugh and memory of when you did it. :D

wiosna
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM
[QUOTE=RitzyFritz;1910316]I'm doing "fair." I really want it to happen faster, but I'm okay with it going slowly as well. As long as it isn't GAINING! :D

My boyfriend always says: "one step at a time" and it applies to all aspects of his life and he always does it this way and as for what I see - he is always successful :D
So I think going slowly is good :)
You can do that!!! Be patient :)

Slashnl
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
It's going slow for me, too, Ritzy. I lost .2 pounds last week. But, it is a loss and I am hoping for more by next week. I didn't do as well as I could have last week and I need to step it up a bunch. I'm happy with how I feel right now. I think I've lost inches and my clothes are fitting very loose. That's ok with me!

RitzyFritz
10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
My boyfriend always says: "one step at a time" and it applies to all aspects of his life and he always does it this way and as for what I see - he is always successful :D
So I think going slowly is good :)
You can do that!!! Be patient :)

He is right, too. Afterall, we physically cannot take more than one step at a time. Why do we expect two at a time in other areas of our life? :dizzy: Thanks for the encouragement!

It's going slow for me, too, Ritzy. I lost .2 pounds last week. But, it is a loss and I am hoping for more by next week. I didn't do as well as I could have last week and I need to step it up a bunch. I'm happy with how I feel right now. I think I've lost inches and my clothes are fitting very loose. That's ok with me!

I hear ya!! But, as I said before, at least it is a LOSS and NOT a gain! :D

We are going to make it, aren't we? :hug: Hang in there!

Miss Valentine
11-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I've lost another 2 lbs
So, I've lost 11 since the beginning of this challenge and have another 9 to go.

After I reach my xmas goal, losing one more pound will put me at a "slightly overweight" BMI. I am so happy and excited for this.
And for my New Years resolution at the start of this year, I said I wanted to lose 70 lbs in 2007. Losing one more pound after my xmas goal puts me there too!

I'm glad to see people sticking with this thread. A loss is a loss, even if it's small, so stay positive and keep working!

Cuter w Curves
11-04-2007, 08:32 AM
I've lost another 2 lbs
So, I've lost 11 since the beginning of this challenge and have another 9 to go.

After I reach my xmas goal, losing one more pound will put me at a "slightly overweight" BMI. I am so happy and excited for this.
And for my New Years resolution at the start of this year, I said I wanted to lose 70 lbs in 2007. Losing one more pound after my xmas goal puts me there too!

I'm glad to see people sticking with this thread. A loss is a loss, even if it's small, so stay positive and keep working!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Keep going hun! You are doing great!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

dek6
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
I wasnt going to do this but IM IN. even though I am started a little late. But I have already lost 5 pounds.

RitzyFritz
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Miss Valentine and Cuter w Curves: You are doing great!! So glad to see your success on this contest! Keep up the great work!! :cheer: :hug:

dek6: So glad to have you join in with us!! You are already doing great! That is wonderful. I know you will meet your goal. :hug:

As for me, I have lost 7 of the 15 I wanted to lose by Christmas, so 8 more to go!! I'm looking forward to being 186 on 12/25/07!!!!! :woohoo:

Everyone else doing okay? Hope to hear from you all this week! Hope everyone is doing great! If not, that's okay...we are still here for you as well. :hug:

Slashnl
11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I didn't lose anything last week, so I'm still looking at 10 lbs to lose. I am going to really watch what I am doing this week to see where I am not getting it done.

sidhe
11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I just looked at the calendar and realized we only have 7 weeks to go before Christmas! YIKES! I guess this means I should start thinking about Christmas presents, huh? ;)

My weight is holding steady (told you I don't lose fast), so I have 6 pounds to go in the 7 weeks til Christmas. I'm hoping to take off a couple before the 17th. I have a skirt that fits but doesn't feel quite right, and I'm hoping that a couple pounds will make it so that it can be worn to a friend's birthday party that night. So have a shorter interim goal for my short goal! :lol: Honestly I'd love to break into the 230s by then, but dropping 4 pounds in 2 weeks is a little bit of a pipe dream for my body. Couldn't hurt to try, right?

Hope everyone is doing well with their goals, keep it up! We're halfway there! :)

Miss Valentine
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
dek6, welcome, it's never too late to join in!

I now have 7.5 lbs. to drop by xmas.

Hope everyone is doing well and huffing and puffing right along to their goals.

Slashnl
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm a little nervous about making the goal, but I'm giving it my all!!!

Glad everyone else is hanging in there, too! It's nice to be in with such good company!

RitzyFritz
11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
SIX WEEKS and 3 DAYS until Christmas!!

How are all of you doing!? :hug: I trust you are all doing well and making progress to your 12/25/07 goal. I have read everyone's posts. You are all amazing people!! Look how far you have come already! I just know we are going to have some FABULOUS reports come 12/25!!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! If you are struggling, don't beat yourself up over it...just pick yourself up, dust off, and start again - one step at a time. And by all means, post here on 3FC so we can encourage you on your way. We ALL need it from time to time. :hug:

If you are making great strides and progressing right along to your goal, BRAVO!!!!!! :cheer: I'm THRILLED for you!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Schmoodle
11-10-2007, 08:46 AM
As you can see by my ticker I'm making slow and steady progress towards my Christmas Gift Goal. I'm really glad to be doing the contest because I've been a little bummed that my weight loss has slowed lately, but my Christmas ticker lets me see that I am making progress after all. Down 1 more pound this week. :carrot:

Daimere
11-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I weighed in and lost an incrediable 6.5 pounds. So, I am well over my goal for this(I had only 1 pound to go last week). To think, I only wanted to loose 1 pound this week just for this.

^_________________________________________________ __________________^

traci in training
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Being a fulltime student has taken it's toll - the ticker just doesn't want to move. DH helped me see that it's kind of amazing that the ticker hasn't gone up and that I'm on top of my studies enough to take a little time for me. So....................

New goal: run a mile without stopping by Christmas. He's training me - got a spreadsheet and everything. 40 minutes per day time committment is do-able. Also - 40 minutes everyday on the treadmill means the ticker will move. I'm one of those people who sees the results of exercise on the scale in a big way. And what a huge goal to meet. I'm 41 years old and I can't say I've EVER run a mile without stopping in my life. Merry Christmas to me!

RitzyFritz
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Schmoodle: It probably isn't necessary for me to say this, but we all know that Slow and Steady wins the race! You are doing great!! Keep up the great work! :hug:

Daimere: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so glad you made it - and over a month early to boot!! :cheer:

traci in training: WOW! You DEFINITELY have reason to be proud!! That is a wonderful goal, and I know you will make it! :hug:

gina1221
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
RitzyFritz: You are such a great cheerleader for everyone. Thank you and here's some cheering for you. :cheer2: You are making great progress.

I was just catching up on all the post. Is is true that we have our first to meet their Xmas goal? Congratulations, Daimere!! :present:

Well, 6 weeks and 7.5 pounds to go!... I still think that I can make it!

Keep up the good work, everone.

RitzyFritz
11-14-2007, 03:21 AM
RitzyFritz: You are such a great cheerleader for everyone. Thank you and here's some cheering for you. :cheer2: You are making great progress.

I was just catching up on all the post. Is is true that we have our first to meet their Xmas goal? Congratulations, Daimere!! :present:

Well, 6 weeks and 7.5 pounds to go!... I still think that I can make it!

Keep up the good work, everone.

Thank you, Gina!! I think so many of you are doing great!! It is so inspiring to see. :)

GirlyGirlSebas
11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks like so many of you are doing great! I've hit a rough patch again, so I've not lost anything for the last two weeks...but, no gain either, so its all good. I believe I can still get my Christmas gift if I buckle down and stay on-plan. I'm not quitting.

RitzyFritz
11-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Looks like so many of you are doing great! I've hit a rough patch again, so I've not lost anything for the last two weeks...but, no gain either, so its all good. I believe I can still get my Christmas gift if I buckle down and stay on-plan. I'm not quitting.

You can make it, Rhonda!! :cheer: I agree...it is good you don't have to log a gain. I'm sure you will be at your goal by Christmas - you have what it takes!! :hug:

Miss Valentine
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Daimere, congrats! Wow, you have over a month to go and you've already reached your goal. That's awesome.

I am down 14 lbs. with 6 left to go! As of today, I am down 80 overall!

Cuter w Curves
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
I am still holding at where I was last post (which is ok too... *smile*).

RitzyFritz
11-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Miss Valentine: You are doing it, girl!!! That is totally awsome!! :cheer:

Cuter w curves: Look at you!! Only 5 lbs left! You are going to get there. You are doing fabulous too!! :cheer:

As for me, I am coming along rather nicely. I had a couple 1-pounder weeks, but then had a nice 3-pounder week this week (TOM and water are now past). So, I'm only 4.2 lbs away from my Christmas goal!! :woohoo: :D

Come on, everyone!!! WE CAN MAKE IT!! Just 5 weeks and 3 days until Christmas!!! We can do it! :cheer: :cheer:

Cuter w Curves
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Woot! Go Ritzy! You're going to get there too!

RitzyFritz
11-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Woot! Go Ritzy! You're going to get there too!

I'm sure working hard at it, that's for sure! ;) I think we are going to make it to goal TOGETHER! :hug:

Schmoodle
11-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I got two lbs closer to Christmas goal this week!:carrot: If I make it before Christmas, I may try for 4 more lbs. which would make it a round 50 lbs lost for me. But better not get ahead of myself! I will focus on 2 more lbs to make Christmas goal (onederland!).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This mini-goal has really helped me out, since my loss has slowed from the summer, and I sometimes feel like I'm not making much progress, but that Christmas ticker shows that I really am!

congrats all you chicks! We are making great progress together!

RitzyFritz
11-17-2007, 08:03 PM
I got two lbs closer to Christmas goal this week!:carrot: If I make it before Christmas, I may try for 4 more lbs. which would make it a round 50 lbs lost for me. But better not get ahead of myself! I will focus on 2 more lbs to make Christmas goal (onederland!).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This mini-goal has really helped me out, since my loss has slowed from the summer, and I sometimes feel like I'm not making much progress, but that Christmas ticker shows that I really am!

congrats all you chicks! We are making great progress together!

This is awsome!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You are DOING IT, chickie!!! :lol: Great job!! Keep it up! :hug: You are going to spend Christmas in the magic ONE-derland!!

Schmoodle
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Aww, shucks, thanks Fritzy! You chicks are so good for my ego!

RitzyFritz
11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Aww, shucks, thanks Fritzy! You chicks are so good for my ego!

Tee hee!!! We ALL have our egos fed here don't we? :lol: Whatever it takes to get to goal, right? ;)

JellyBelly1908
11-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm down 12 lb, but my initial goal was to lose 30 total (so an additional 18). I probably won't meet this goal, but I'm gonna still try! :D

RitzyFritz
11-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm down 12 lb, but my initial goal was to lose 30 total (so an additional 18). I probably won't meet this goal, but I'm gonna still try! :D

Wow, you are doing GREAT!!!! Don't diminish what you have already accomplished by any means...even if you don't reach the 30-lb-lost mark. This is tremendous progress! I'm proud of you!! :hug:

Miss Valentine
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
I have lost 17 pounds now, so I have 3 left to go. I feel like I'm in the home stretch! Thanksgiving and my daughter's birthday didn't slow me up, so I'm happy.
How did everyone else do over Thanksgiving? I definitely ate more than I had planned on, but I didn't end up gaining anything. A little less than a month to go, hope everyone is doing well. :)

Cuter w Curves
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW! Keep it goin!

as for how I am doing:

I seriously want to hit this but I have been wildly sick with a cold. Only thing making me feel better is to make sure I am pumping fruit juices in. *cringe*

I wish I could take vitamins!

Though I am super happy about my new professional grade food processor so now I can make my own after I hit the grocery store this week!

:carrot:

I just hope I am still holding. I can still get into the smaller pants I had to pull out so I am happy there. It means I am still likely within 3 lbs or so.

GirlyGirlSebas
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
My ticker says it all....nothing more to say except that I'm still trying.

RitzyFritz
11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Miss Valentine!!! You are doing it, girlfriend!!! That is awesome!! :cheer: You are so motivational!

Cuter w Curves: I'm sorry to hear you have been sick! That stuff is going around. My husband and I are trying to fight it off as well. My two boys have had it also. No fun, that's for sure!! Keep on keeping on. When we keep doing what is needed to get the weight off, we win in the long run even when the scales are not stating what we want it to. :hug:

Rhonda: Don't be too harsh on yourself!! You are still in the game, and that is what matters! We all know this is a life-long journey - even when we reach goal. So, as long as you are still trying, you are still in the game and that is what matters!! You will make it! Keep on keeping on! :hug:

As for me, I'm holding steady at this time. At Thanksgiving there were nothing but bad foods all around, but I did try to eat with moderation. But, that means I'm standing still at this time. That is okay....I came home and got right back on plan and exercise. It will come off...sooner or later.

Only FOUR WEEKS until Christmas!!!

We can do it!! :cheer: We can do it!! :cheer:

RitzyFritz
11-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Only 3 weeks and 4 days until Christmas!!!

Come on, chickies!!! We can do it!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Don't despair if you haven't done as well as you wanted to! Just keep trying! You may be surprised at what you can accomplish between now and Christmas. :hug:

We can do it!!! Come on ~ Let's do it!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

RitzyFritz
12-06-2007, 04:34 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I reached My Christmas Gift Contest goal this morning!!! :carrot: That is with 2 weeks and 5 days to boot!!

How about the the rest of my 3FC friends who joined this contest? How are we doing? I trust you will reach your goal by 12/25. If not, I'm still rooting for you anyway!!! ;) We can reach our goals!!

jellybelly06
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Way to go Ritzy!! :carrot:

I am getting so close, just 2 more lbs to go! I know I can do it. Thanks again for starting this. It has really helped throught the holidays so far! Jelly

RitzyFritz
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Way to go Ritzy!! :carrot:

I am getting so close, just 2 more lbs to go! I know I can do it. Thanks again for starting this. It has really helped throught the holidays so far! Jelly

Thank you and I'm SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!! :hug: :hug: This is awesome!!! You can make it!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Congratulations, Ritzy!

You are so very encouraging. I'm just sorry that I've let you and myself down. I haven't done so well with gifting myself with weight loss this holiday season. Maybe, I can give myself a Valentine's Day gift instead.

RitzyFritz
12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Congratulations, Ritzy!

You are so very encouraging. I'm just sorry that I've let you and myself down. I haven't done so well with gifting myself with weight loss this holiday season. Maybe, I can give myself a Valentine's Day gift instead.

Aw, don't worry about it, Rhonda! :hug: This is a lifelong journey, and there will be detours. The good thing is that you are still in the race, and you know what you need to do and where to go for encouragement. You will get there....just putting one foot in front of the other - and taking one day at a time. Remember, those who fail are the ones who refuse to get back up. We are still here for you. :)

Merry Christmas!! Even if we didn't reach our weight loss goals, we still have our family and friends for the holiday. That is what matters most, right? :hug:

Cuter w Curves
12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Congrats to those who've made it and YOU CAN DO IT to those still trying!

I've been silent for a few... I was sick then once I finally got better I slipped on some ice. Let me just say my arse hurt... I miss my padding! :o;):dizzy:

Schmoodle
12-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Hooray, Ritzy, you rock!
Rhonda, look at it this way, you are 3 lbs. less! And there's still time!
Cuter, hope your hiney doesn't hurt too much!

I'm not there yet, but hoping I can have good news to report tomorrow!

Cuter w Curves
12-08-2007, 01:54 AM
It is now at that "It ain't easy being green stage... hehehe!

Schmoodle
12-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Arggghhhh! Second week of no loss to report! And I have been on-plan...mostly! Okay, deep breath, this is not tragic.
When I think about it, I've noticed some changes this week. People have been telling me I look great for a few months now, but I wasn't really seeing it myself too much, but this week I have spent some time staring in the mirror because I do think I look different, my face looks much thinner, and I can see a figure emerging from the roly-poly. Maybe things are rearranging and I'm preparing for a whoosh!
So, this week I will focus on the veggies, the water, the exercise, and wait patiently for next Saturday. I'm sure I'll have better news.
It's just so frustrating, being only one pound away from Xmas goal and onederland for two weeks now!

Miss Valentine
12-09-2007, 03:15 AM
The thread has life again, yay!

Way to go, Ritzy! Making a goal is a good feeling but making it ahead of schedule has to be pretty sweet.
As for me, I started working the third shift so weight loss has become an even bigger struggle. Like it's not hard enough in the first place, right?

I have either made goal as of today or have 1.5 lbs. to go. How could this happen? Well, my scale kept jumping back and forth between 175.5 and 177 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow the scale will have mind it's decision and it will be in my favor. I don't know though, I woke up this afternoon and walked like a zombie out to the kitchen and before I even knew what was going on, I was heating up a plate of lasagna. Being sleep deprived is not a good thing for a diet!
:dizzy:

Schmoodle
12-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I FINALLY MADE IT!!! To my Christmas goal of ONEDERLAND!!!
Yesterday the scale was messing with me, but today I am definitely there!

RitzyFritz
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I FINALLY MADE IT!!! To my Christmas goal of ONEDERLAND!!!
Yesterday the scale was messing with me, but today I am definitely there!

THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I'm so very thrilled for you!!!!!!!!! REALLY, I am!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have been MIA because I was in the middle of the major ice storm in Oklahoma last week and was without electricity/internet connection for 5 days. Boy, talk about depressing!!! :lol:

Anyway....I'm here now and wanted to CHEER :cheer: everyone on!!! We are almost there!!!!! Go, girls, go!!! :cheer: :cheer:

ONE WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Come on!! We can do it!!!!

jellybelly06
12-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I hit my Christmas Goal!!! With one week to spare!!! Thanks again for this contest. It has been very motivating in these last lbs that I have to lose. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Jelly

Trazey34
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I made mine last week! yay! Maybe it's cheating that I was doing a Biggest Loser challenge too :( But regardless, it's OFF of my *** and that's all I care about LOL

I've gotten really good at passing up junk at work - that's helped so much for this particular time of year for sure -

Schmoodle
12-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Hooray, Trazey and jellybelly! Great job girls! If I hadn't made it early, I don't think I'd have a prayer of making it now. You guys rock! Take that, Christmas poundage!

RitzyFritz
12-24-2007, 12:33 AM
I hit my Christmas Goal!!! With one week to spare!!! Thanks again for this contest. It has been very motivating in these last lbs that I have to lose. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Jelly

I made mine last week! yay! Maybe it's cheating that I was doing a Biggest Loser challenge too :( But regardless, it's OFF of my *** and that's all I care about LOL

I've gotten really good at passing up junk at work - that's helped so much for this particular time of year for sure -

This is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO PROUD of you BOTH!!! :hug: :hug: This makes such a wonderful Christmas gift to yourself, doesn't it? ;)

Just TWO MORE DAYS until Christmas! I'm so proud of EVERY ONE OF YOU who worked on your weight loss since this contest started. Even if you didn't reach the goal you set, I think it is still wonderful if you lost weight in this time frame - no matter how much it was. I'm anxious to see the other reports that come in when Christmas arrives.

Merry Christmas to you ALL! I know we will all have a better time this year since we are lighter and have acheived some weight loss. It is always a great feeling to acheive weight loss, and it surely makes the holidays brighter when we are lighter! ;)

Miss Valentine
12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
So good to see people have made their xmas goals! CONGRATS!

I also have good news to report, I made my goal last weekend. I have started a new job where I work the night shift, so I don't get online much anymore but I still wanted to share.

I lost 20 lbs. thanks to this challenge. Now the real challenge begins for me. The first 86 lbs. weren't that stressful for me, but the last 40 are going to be terrible. This night shift work has taken a big toll on me. I barely have any energy and I'm eating a lot more than I used to. I've lost 1 lb. since I started working there, other than that, I'm just maintaining. This has got me stressing out pretty badly.
But I'm going to take it all in stride! On the positive side, I have lost a lot of weight so far, and these last pounds will just come off with harder work and more time.

I hope you all have a merry xmas and a happy 2008.

tamaralynn
12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Made my goal last week. I'm proud of everyone here - great job!!!

RitzyFritz
12-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Miss Valentine and tamaralynn: I'm sooooo very happy for you!!!! :hug: This is WONDERFUL!!! I know you are thrilled as well. I know you will meet all the other goals you set for yourselves. This is absolutely tremendous!!!

gina1221
12-26-2007, 11:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to all who made their Christmas challenge goal and really to all who lost anything... a loss is better than a gain anyday and especially at this trying season.

I did meet the goal to lose 15 lbs (actually made it to 18 lbs lost) but my personal goal was to lose 23 lbs which I did not make... oh well, I'll take the 18 lb loss and keep plugging along... looking forward to the Valentines challenge.

RitzyFritz
12-26-2007, 12:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to all who made their Christmas challenge goal and really to all who lost anything... a loss is better than a gain anyday and especially at this trying season.

I did meet the goal to lose 15 lbs (actually made it to 18 lbs lost) but my personal goal was to lose 23 lbs which I did not make... oh well, I'll take the 18 lb loss and keep plugging along... looking forward to the Valentines challenge.

Great job, Gina! I agree, any loss at all is a great accomplishment and something to be proud of! I'm proud of you!!! :hug:

I am glad you are joining in the Valentine contest as well. This seems to add a little fun to the chore of getting our excess weight off. See ya on the thinner side! ;)

Goddess Jessica
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow! Fun idea!
Since I will be in El Salvador on Christmas (with no scales in sight!), I will weigh in on January 1st!
Weight Goal
Your goal is to weigh 239 lb by 01/01/2008

I'm happy to say that I flew in last night and weighed in this morning and I weigh 238.5. I beat my goal by 1/2 a pound. Wow! That's 16.5 pounds from when I set my goal. I could NOT be happier!