LA Weight Loss - another center closing

View Full Version : another center closing

momof3boys1girl
09-19-2007, 06:37 PM
well i just got the call about 15min ago that my center will be closed sept 28th ....i still have 52 weeks of maintenance left at $11.00 a week but they wont refund me the money all they will do is give me product which i dont really care for since ive been using lunas any suggestions on what to do ??

thanks jamie

Lynx
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear this news. At least you are getting advance warning. That is better than what happened to many people. Boy, if it were me, I would take their offer of the product. If nothing else, you can sell it on ebay. The way I look at it something is better than nothing since it is unlikely that you will get money back. Are they offering you the full value of the maintenance weeks?
That said, I would contact your state's consumer protection agency and talk to someone there. I am sure than Dan or Liz can provide some words of wisdom for you. Take care.

campbellredhead
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
It wouldn't hurt to contact corporate or something if they have that,
try to go higher, maybe that could help

Dan2112
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, speaking from experience, I second the notion that "at least they gave you notice".. And at least they're offering you product. Liz and I got neither..

That said, you should definetely go up the corporate ladder.. Is your shop a franchise or corporate owned? That makes a difference. You should also contact your State Attorney General's office of consumer protection and give them the skinny on what's going on.. I would do that ASAP!! They can advise you on your rights and what you might expect.

Sorry you're having to go through this!

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Jamie, What center do you go to? I'm also in Oregon and this has me worried.