Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #1  

Default Okay, so say you REALLY blow it...

How do you recover? I just started the LAWL plan about 3 weeks ago, but life doesn't always allow one to strictly stick to the diet plan. Especially on weekends... So, if I were to have made a horrible mess of a meal, what should I do to get back on track? Pick up with the next one, or cut out some things to "make up?" I know there are going to be times where dining out I won't be able to find something that exactly sticks to the plan, so what should I look for and what should I avoid? (while all along drinking water with lemon )

Thanks in advance!
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Get back on track the very next second. Don't screw up breakfast, then figure that the day is blown and keep cheating. Every meal is a practice session. This is a practice makes perfect journey, so keep on training all of the time. Also, don't beat yourself up, we all have moments when we do not stay on plan. The big picture is, keep pushing toward your goal, and love yourself regardless.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i agree with katie. this is a long term, lifestyle change. we're all going to go off plan every once in a while. that's life. the way you handle it and get back on track is what matters. the fact that you recogize your choices and get back on track are what's important. it's the bigger picture that matters in the end.
great job on your 6lbs loss so far!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Brittany, I think we've all blown it at some point or another.

I'd say first, try to get back on plan immediately. If you've got a few meals left in the day, you should eliminate any serving that you already ate.. since sometimes you can almost salvage a day that way. So if you ate all your starches at breakfast, just be done with starches for the day and you are still more or less on plan. Sure some days you are eating celery and SF Jello for dinner.. but if you really over induldged already, this won't be as hard as it sounds... If you know that you are going out, save some extra exchanges for that meal. This will make it easier to make a good choice. Most times you can find something that is not a half bad choice.

Next is if the day is over, it is over, just get back on plan. Forgive yourself and move on to the next day. The most you should do is to pick the lighter version of your exchanges for a day or two. This can get you back on track.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

As the great Dr. Oz would say, I am totally paraphrasing here,........if you are driving down a nice country road, and you take a wrong turn into heavy nasty traffic.........do you keep driving in that mess for the rest of the day or week, and then decide to turn around and try to find your way? Or......do you stop where you are, make a U-turn, and go right back to the right direction? It is that simple. Do not make excuses.......do not try to over-compensate........do not try to bargain with yourself.......just make sure the next thing that goes into your mouth is a healthy choice. That's all.

Healthy eaters do not live in the land of guilt and punishment......they take care of their bodies. They DO enjoy yummy food, but in proper portions. If they indulge (notice I did not say OVER indulge).....they cut out other regular high calorie foods and eat leaner for the rest of the day.........but.........THEY DO NOT GO HUNGRY!!!! Going hungry never helps to get back on plan......in fact it is a recipe for disaster.

As these other girls have said.........shake it off......and move on Your best friend at a restaraunt is a green salad with r/f dressing on the side, broiled meats, and steamed veggies. Almost every restaraunt has these items......even if they are not listed that way on the menu. Eating out is NO excuse to go off plan. You can plan the rest of your meals for the day around it..........and........if it IS a last minute thing.........salad, salad, salad........and water, water, water. There is no room for making excuses to cheat if you want to be successful.

That being said.....we are ALL human......we all screw up........sometimes it is even planned......but you just have to be careful. You don't want to encourage bad habits when you are working so hard to adopt new healthy habits You can do this............as Katie said..........each meal is practice, and practice makes perfect. It gets easier......I promise Change your mind and the rest will follow
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote