100 lb. Club - Fiber One Bars

View Full Version : Fiber One Bars

xJox
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
What do you think of them?

Sandi
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I think they are so YUMMY!!!

And I think you had better be near a bathroom after you eat them!! They are sitting in my cabinet for just this reason!

MugCanDoIt
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I dont know, how many calories and fat grahms?

LisaMarie71
09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I love them, but Sandi's right about the bathroom. They make my stomach hurt a bit after, so I don't eat them very often. I ate them a lot when I first discovered them. I can't remember the calories and fat, but I know they're 2 WW points.

gina1221
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I love them... especially the peanut butter one (150 cals, 4.5g fat, 9g fiber).

hellokitty81668
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
hi,
I have eaten the Peanut butter one,and loved it, and had no problem with bathroom issues, but I eat Kashi Tlc bars more, love the flavor of these.
cheryl

Ericah
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I love the chocolate one. Usually have one for breakfast every morning. Doesnt cause me any issues thankfully.

Robin41
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Anything in a bar form is a likely binge target for me. I love the peanut butter ones but bought them one time and ate the whole box in two days. They're not kidding around with the fiber. I believe I spent the rest of the week running to the bathroom. But they're yummy.

sockmonkey70
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I love the chocolate ones...No bathroom issues here either.

4myloves
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Do they taste as good as the picture on the box looks?

I saw these while shopping in Sam's on Saturday and was SOOOO tempted to buy a box--but I resisted because I'm like Robin41. If they tasted as good as they LOOKED, I'd've been in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!

modkittn
09-19-2007, 01:30 PM
No bathroom issues for me either. I love them too! I think if you are already on a high fiber diet, you should be fine. Otherwise, slowly work your way up.

royalsfan1
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Love them but use them sparingly because they're still a processed food. As a treat I'll have one every now and then as a late evening treat with a cup of coffee that I sweeten with chocolate soy milk. YUM.

(I usually don't eat after 8:00 but sometimes I do this because if I eat one of these bars late in the evening I'll stop at one and the next day I'll forget how much I loved it. If I eat one in the morning I'll eat another at noon, then snack, then evening....you get my drift...)

sharonrr1
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I Love Them Too Much. I Don't Buy Them Because I Can't Stop At One And Calorie Wise And Other Wise That Is Not Good.;)

traci in training
09-19-2007, 02:45 PM
I love them. I have to space them out every-other-day or I have stomach issues - no bathroom needed, but keep the air freshner on hand. I think the ones I get at Sam's are chocolate oat. They really stick with me for a long time, too.

See Spot Shrink
09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I love 'em! :D

My friend introduced me to the Chocolate flavor a few weeks ago and swore that I'd like the PB version, even though I don't like peanut butter. She was right! I keep a box of each kind at home and carry one in my purse everyday so I'll have something to nibble on when my late afternoon cravings kick in.

Mom2QJandT
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
My BF and I both love them, but we both get gas if we eat them too often. Well, he gets gas, I get "an unsettled tummy". I'm a girl, I'm not allowed to admit I have gas!

jtammy
09-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Love 'em, especially the peanut butter ones. Taste like candy. I don't buy them often, because to me they are a treat and not something I should eat daily. When I have them at home, my hand is in the box every day. As far as stomach issues, I don't have problems with them unless I eat more than one at a time.

melsfolly
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
They are so good! In fact they're so good that like others, I can't stop with just one. Which is why I don't buy them any longer (that and the fact that grocery stores here just can't keep them on the shelves!). I didn't experience any bathroom issues either - but I was eating a lot of fiber already.

Oats & Chocolate Bar
140 calories
4 g fat (1.5 Sat)
9 g fiber
2 g protein
90 m sodium

xJox
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank goodness Im not the only one. lol. Michael bought a box the other day and brought me one home. I ate it, thinking it would be about equal to the soy joy bars, YUCK-O. Well, what a surprise. I LOVE them. If I continue to buy them I will have to be very careful. These have binge potential. lol. Oh, and no stomach issues here either and I ate 2 in one day.

rakel
09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Hmm, I think I'll try these! I've had the Optima Slim Fast candy bars that are pretty good and not a lot of calories, but before I really kept track of my calories, I used to eat one or two of them which kind of defeats the point :P I've been having the Zone Perfect bars for breakfast sometimes -- the peanut butter one is delish! I also like the mint one okay, but peanut butter is definitely the best one. The mint one has 210 calories and the peanut butter has 200... you'd think the peanut butter one would have more but ah well :P

Pita09
09-19-2007, 10:32 PM
I LOVE them, and have had both the chocolate and peanut butter. However, they also give me a bit of "an unsettled tummy". :o Sooo, what I have taken to doing with these delicious bits of goodness is to have them as my evening snack. That way I go to bed and am blissfully unaware of any sonic disturbances that may be occurring. ;)

LaurieDawn
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I admit to really liking the Fiber One chocolate oat bars as well. I don't have the tummy issues, as I eat a very high-fiber diet anyway, so my body is quite used to the fiber load. I could easily go overboard, though, so I rarely have them. And Rakel mentioned the Slim Fast "candy bars." What an honest way to label them! I am guilty of really enjoying the Luna "nutrition bars," especially the Chocolate Peppermint ones, the Pure Protein "nutrition bars," and the Pria "nutrition bars." I also really like the Kashi TLC chocolate cherry granola bars and the Pumpkin Spice granola bars. And, since I'm spilling all of my guilty secrets, I really like the Orville Redenbacher caramel popcorn cakes. Incidentally, I don't think there's anything wrong with any of these choices if these items are used as a part of a larger food plan, but my plan involves eating mostly whole foods, and I could easily fill a day with just these foods, and I feel fairly certain that doing so is not the healthiest choice to make. Still, it's a whole lot better than other choices that I have made in the past and that stubbornly continue to sneak back in my diet when I'm not vigilant.

rakel
09-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Laurie -- those caramel popcorn cakes are AWESOME! I don't have one every day or even every week, but they are a nice treat!

LaurieDawn
09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
None of my local grocery stores carry the popcorn cakes. It's such a tragedy, as they really are fairly low-cal and really do fight my cravings for worse food. Or maybe it's not such a tragedy, as I have been known to eat several of them in quick succession before abandoning them to my children to avoid finishing the whole package. **SIGH**

evilwomaniamshe
09-20-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm a fan of the chocolate oat ones, I eat them when I get a craving for a candybar and they satisfy! I ate 2 oneday and I had no tummy issues at all either, I think because I have been eating lots of fiber for a long while that it is never an issue. I never tried the peanut butter ones as I don't think it can get any better than the chocolate ones, truly they are HEAVENLY!

xJox
09-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm a fan of the chocolate oat ones, I eat them when I get a craving for a candybar and they satisfy! I ate 2 oneday and I had no tummy issues at all either, I think because I have been eating lots of fiber for a long while that it is never an issue. I never tried the peanut butter ones as I don't think it can get any better than the chocolate ones, truly they are HEAVENLY!

Even though the box of chocolate ones are sitting right beside the PB ones, Ive never tried one. I dunno. Im just not a fan of chocolate. :o Now PB... thats another story. I have to watch carefully how much PB we have in the house. I could easily eat 1/2 a thing in a sitting. :dizzy:

xJox
09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I admit to really liking the Fiber One chocolate oat bars as well. I don't have the tummy issues, as I eat a very high-fiber diet anyway, so my body is quite used to the fiber load. I could easily go overboard, though, so I rarely have them. And Rakel mentioned the Slim Fast "candy bars." What an honest way to label them! I am guilty of really enjoying the Luna "nutrition bars," especially the Chocolate Peppermint ones, the Pure Protein "nutrition bars," and the Pria "nutrition bars." I also really like the Kashi TLC chocolate cherry granola bars and the Pumpkin Spice granola bars. And, since I'm spilling all of my guilty secrets, I really like the Orville Redenbacher caramel popcorn cakes. Incidentally, I don't think there's anything wrong with any of these choices if these items are used as a part of a larger food plan, but my plan involves eating mostly whole foods, and I could easily fill a day with just these foods, and I feel fairly certain that doing so is not the healthiest choice to make. Still, it's a whole lot better than other choices that I have made in the past and that stubbornly continue to sneak back in my diet when I'm not vigilant.

Ive never had the popcorn cakes. Ive had rice cakes before though. Do they taste about the same?

Fooled
09-20-2007, 07:54 AM
I love them. My friend gave me her box one time when she decided to to do Atkins and I fell in love with them.

I don't know if the excess gas is from them or just because I eat more fiber in general. I mean, once I started eating better I started getting stomach issues. Not so I'd feel gross, though. The other night though, dinner was kind of just sitting in my stomach and I was whining to my mom "I don't feel good. And we don't have any Fiber One bars!" And my mom says "Yes we do. Dad bought some today." So I ate one and a short while later I...felt better. :o

LaurieDawn
09-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Ive never had the popcorn cakes. Ive had rice cakes before though. Do they taste about the same?

No way. I can stomach rice cakes, but I don't really enjoy them, so I never buy them. The popcorn cakes, on the other hand, are WAY good, and they're lower in calories than the rice cakes. Not by much, but a little.

xJox
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Ok ya'll I have to disagree about the chocolate ones. I bought some at Walmart tonight and they are good but not nearly as heavenly as the PB ones.

eander5696
09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
I love these! I eat them in the morning with some string cheese so by dinner time Ive worked out all the gas. Its amazing how one thing can cause such "gassy" afternoons.

Marseille
09-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I tried these and loved them.. but wow, it's a good thing I have a sense of humor because trying to teach a class after one of these things is asking for trouble!! I guess I am just glad I teach adults instead of teenagers!

chicpanda
09-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I am going out of town and bought some 'bars' for my breakfast. Seeing the comments about the bathroom, I might rethink using a fiber bar. Not many rest areas in the Everglades!

evilwomaniamshe
01-06-2008, 07:47 AM
If I have a craving for a candy bar, I eat a fiber one oat/chocolate bar instead. Satisfies me everytime! In my opinion the peanut butter ones are ok, but the chocolate ones RULE!

bluex
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I admit a weakness to bars but not these, too much sugar for my particular diet. I love the Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar. These bars have just as much fiber, the same calories and way more protein than the Fiber One bars. I eat one every day for breakfast along with a string cheese and some almond milk. Yum. I just finished eating one.

Nori71
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks...I'll try the Atkins ones soon. If I'm going to use a meal replacement/supplement I like it to be as full of protein as possible. And taste real good! I've been using the Balance Gold bars recently and I really do like some of them...and some are so nasty!

chick_in_the_hat
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I just discovered Adkins Morning Bars...the Chocolate chip ones have 180 calories, 7g fat 15g carbs 13g protein. Still processed food but better than a candy bar. :D I haven't tried the PB ones yet. :T