General chatter - Do You Smell Gas?

View Full Version : Do You Smell Gas?

EZMONEY
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Do you smell gas? :bomb: Angie doesn't either ;)

We were talking last night and discovered that since I started my "better choices" journey, almost 2 months ago, I haven't been :faint: stinkn' :faint: Angie out of the house!

She truly appreciates that ;)

As for me...I kinda miss it :( ......I had such :devil: power! :devil:

trooworld
09-19-2007, 11:17 AM
HAHAHAHA! :lol: No, I gotta say, I don't smell gas. That is a good thing in my opinion. Now you don't have anything to blame on the dogs! ;)

Rhighlan86
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
You're dogs are too adorable to blame them for something like that.....they wouldn't do that ;) My boyfriend used to do it too.....i would smell something and not know whether it was the dog or him cause they both would look at me like they did something :lol:

EZMONEY
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Well I see I have been moved from Weight Support to general Chatter...I guess I was stinkin' up the joint over there!

4myloves
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I think I need to start Stewart on this diet.

4myloves
09-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Well I see I have been moved from Weight Support to general Chatter...I guess I was stinkin' up the joint over there!

Well, you know this isn't really a Weight Loss Support topic. :dizzy:

phantastica
09-19-2007, 11:52 AM
We can make this a support group: a grief support group for Gary's loss of power.

My dad used to blame it on the "barking spiders".

EZMONEY
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, you know this isn't really a Weight Loss Support topic. :dizzy:

WELL! I don't think Angie would agree! It's the best thing about my weight loss for her! ;)

EZMONEY
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
We can make this a support group: a grief support group for Gary's loss of power.

:D Yep PHANTASTIC we have those here too!

EZMONEY
09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
HAHAHAHA! :lol: No, I gotta say, I don't smell gas. That is a good thing in my opinion. Now you don't have anything to blame on the dogs! ;)

I would never ;) do that!

You're dogs are too adorable to blame them for something like that.....they wouldn't do that ;) My boyfriend used to do it too.....i would smell something and not know whether it was the dog or him cause they both would look at me like they did something :lol:

Just a little FYI RHI ~ it was BOTH of them! :)

lizziness
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
hahaha Gary you crack me up.

my dad would wait til they went somewhere and then blame my mom!

poor mom.

FrouFrou
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I smell gas...this thread. Are you kidding me, a thread about farts...hmmm, maybe I should start one about TOM.

Kim_Star060404
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, DH likes to do it in bed and then throw the covers over my head. Those men DO hold too much power with their farts.

You know what's funny? My dad used to do the cover thing to my mom. I remember her screams! ;) When hubby did it the first time, I was like, crap, I did marry someone just like my dad!

lizziness
09-19-2007, 11:46 PM
"I was like, crap, I did marry someone just like my dad!"

It's never when they do something good that you think this either... *LOL* I have thought this several times.

and why not a farts thread? we can have a britney spears thread. ;)

EZMONEY
09-20-2007, 12:04 AM
LIZZIE ~I swear if there was a farts thread ALL of my in-laws would join in. I told Angie once that everytime we get together with her family FARTS come up. She said no they don't...well I told her to wait and see...guess what? I am so right!! EVERY TIME!

She came home from her mom's a few months ago with boxers for me that were Monty Python (one of her family favorites) that said "I fart in your direction" on the back of them!!

EZMONEY
09-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Angie here-
I spent many years dealing with this "problem". Imagine waking in the middle of the night to this horrible stench, only to see a green fog hovering over the bed! :yikes::yikes:
Whenever I wanted my revenge, I would just eat a lot of Hershey's chocolate and that would do the trick.
I do have to say, it's been pretty nice not having the green fog hovering over my at night!!! :dizzy:

lizziness
09-20-2007, 12:47 AM
LMAO one of the many many joys of marriage. Love, Honor, Obey (not for me), and TOLERATE.

Justwant2Bhealthy
09-20-2007, 03:29 AM
:D I can totally relate to this thread topic; and Lizzy, you are so right; except that I say, "PUT A CORK IN IT, PAL!" ;)

My DH does it all; blaming the dogs, the flies, the invisible mouse; me ~ you name it; just not himself, of course! You gotta have a sense of humor in this life; esp in marriage ...

My DH even has a hat that says on the front "OLD FART" ... I told him that I'm gonna have to get one made saying, "OLD FART'S WIFE" to match ~ LOL!

ANGIE ~ I here ya on the green fog ... some nights, I need a gas mask!

My DH is addicted to toasted peanut butter sandwiches; I think that's the culprit ... so, what's in your gasless diet regime, GARY???

NightengaleShane
09-20-2007, 08:42 AM
What IS it with men and farting? I remember I dated this guy a few years ago... he got pretty comfortable around me... and then any time I spent the night, I'd wake up to him farting! He said, "It's morning thunder. All guys get it." Gross!

My dad also rips big, loud farts all the time, but all dads do, right? Isn't it a prerequisite?

That's one nice thing about being in a relationship with another woman - there's no massive amount of farting involved ;) HOWEVER, because she believes girls don't fart, I have been the one known to blame it on the dog!

trooworld
09-20-2007, 09:21 AM
She came home from her mom's a few months ago with boxers for me that were Monty Python (one of her family favorites) that said "I fart in your direction" on the back of them!!

Oh, that's awesome! My husband should have some of those. He's lactose intolerant and he eats cheese for dinner even though he KNOWS he will have gas and have to sleep downstairs on the couch, otherwise he wakes me up lettin' em rip!

lizziness
09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
hehehe morning thunder. i woke up startled as **** one morning - then realized that's what it was. when i told dh his butt woke me up in the morning he just thought it was freaking hilarious.

murphmitch
09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm am laughing so hard reading this thread I have tears running down my face. :rofl:

When my husband and I were on 2nd or 3rd date, we had been drinking a little, when he farted in front of the fireplace in my living room. So romantic. When I commented on it, he replied something like "I can't date you if I can't fart in front of you." Been doing it ever since. He also told me his farts didn't stink until he married me. :rolleyes:
My oldest daughter gets upset when anyone in the family farts. She denies ever passing gas & I tell her that's not normal. If she ever has surgery, we will never feed you because you have to pass gas to get real food. It's how we tell that your intestines are functioning normal after surgery. We tell patients it's the only time you'll get applauded for farting.

anajjana
09-20-2007, 02:07 PM
My boyfriend used to do it too.....i would smell something and not know whether it was the dog or him cause they both would look at me like they did something :lol:

That^^is tooooo funny!!!

It has actually been the other way around for me.

Since I started eating right, I mean really eating right, I have become the most gas-e person on the planet.:dizzy: And that don't all smell like roses!:p I live alone so at night no one has to suffer except Precious, my only chog (child/dog).;)

Suzanne 3FC
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I smell gas...this thread. Are you kidding me, a thread about farts...hmmm, maybe I should start one about TOM.

Believe it or not, both topics have come up regularly over the years :lol:

techwife
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM

<gasp> My dad used to do the SAME THING!! What's up with that??? I thought it was something my dad came up with. :chin:

NightengaleShane
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm with everyone who said that since STARTING the healthy eating, MORE gas happens! I've made the girlfriend leave the room on several occasions :o I try not to fart around her (or anyone), but holding it back is just UNCOMFORTABLE and we've been together 2.5 years... like murphmitch's husband, I also can't date anyone who I can't fart around... well, not in a long term way, anyway! ;) and trooworld, my morning thunder guy was lactose intolerant also (not severely, he told me), but he still ate ice cream and cheese. *pukey face* His lactose farts were LOUD AND PUTRID!

I also had a science teacher who would fart then simultaneously kick the trash can!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
hmmm "wonders if i'm a guy in a past life" i swear DH always laughs at me and calls me his "lil tooting machine". Hmmmm and i usually blame it on the dog...so maybe i was a man in a past life????? oh well.. DH loves me anyways. I don't have too bad of a gas issue right now, but when i did WW last year, not sure why, but i swear i got more gassy???? ah oh well..we all need to toot....who cares if we are destroying the ozone with our noxious fumes LMAO

EZMONEY
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Well I see my wife snuck into this thread last night, I figured she might after I mentioned it. She came in from BUNKO and says "What did you do tonight babe?"~ "Oh, not much, a little DODGER watching and started a Fart thread on Fat Chicks." ~ "did you mention my family?" ~ "Of course" "Figures"

Angies dad and my grandma always said "barking spiders"

4myloves
09-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I smell cherry Kool-aid.

techwife
09-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Actually, I bring the shame to an all-time low...I blame mine on the kids. :o It was easier when Kyle was a baby but I can't get away with it anymore. I try the dog, but pretty much, everyone in the house knows I inherited my dad's gas gene and that if there's a floating biscuit in the room, its probably mine.

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-20-2007, 06:31 PM
awww tech wife...not the kids LOL

EZMONEY
09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH ~ I'm thinkin' that maybe under your avatar picture Klye should be saying.....

"OH NO! Mom ripped another one!!"

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-20-2007, 06:38 PM
LMAO at gary...that picture does match the caption LOL

cakses
09-21-2007, 02:47 AM
BAHAHAH....this made my evening.

My husband has IBS I swear - almost everything he eats upsets him (he'll get it checked out once he's stateside). So h keeps the bed warm when it's cold - but come on I know someone else has a spouse that does this one...

he would fart in bed then lift the covers and fan it up towards us and laugh hysterically as i gagged and fell out of bed. HAHA, sad but I sort of miss that now!

techwife
09-21-2007, 07:05 AM
BAHAHAH....this made my evening.

My husband has IBS I swear - almost everything he eats upsets him (he'll get it checked out once he's stateside). So h keeps the bed warm when it's cold - but come on I know someone else has a spouse that does this one...

he would fart in bed then lift the covers and fan it up towards us and laugh hysterically as i gagged and fell out of bed. HAHA, sad but I sort of miss that now!

Cakses: My best friend when I was a teenager used to do that to me when we'd have sleepovers. Only she'd put the covers right over my head! She's WAY worse than I am and I accredit her to teaching me to be 'anally expressive'.

Gary: That would be TOO funny with that picture of Kyle! And, to his credit, he's following in my footsteps, only, like most boys, he's VERY proud of his little toots. And he usually likes to be sitting on someone's lap when they happen.

mom2fivesweeties
09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
This IS a funny thread! With the five kids, especially three boys, farting is a regular CONTEST here! And unlike most of your husbands and GARY, my dh thinks it is MAJORLY disgusting! And with my healthy eating plan, I have to admit that I am MORE gassy than normal so I get in trouble from DH just like the kids do! :rofl: He says, "If you have to be disgusting go in the bathroom!" :rofl:
Lori

walking2lose
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
This thread is truly cracking me up!!! Sad to say, but I guess it's something we all relate to! I actually bought my husband two books last year from Amazon, sort of as a joke: Fart Proudly - believe it or not, this one is by Ben Franklin (a collection of some of his satirical essays). One of the essays is a tongue in cheek call for some sort of invention that will "perfume" the smell of our "wind." He goes on and on describing how useful and popular this would be. Funny. The other is something like The History of Farting. DH was glad to hear that the average HEALTHY person farts about 15 times per day; in other words, it's healthy to pass some gas each day. I forget what the record is, but it's way more than 15!

Night - Funny about your girlfriend claiming to have never farted... that's my sister. She's 37 now and she's finally dropped her front, but for YEARS she maintained that she had never farted! yeah, right!

I also died laughing at the teacher who farted and kicked the trash can at the same time. Hilarious!! My sister actually dropped her front when her first pregnancy made her extremely and uncomfortably gassy; she was teaching first grade at the time. I asked her what she did while she was at school, and she said she just let them rip because the first graders apparently fart all the time anyway. They thought nothing of it. She said at most they might giggle and say "Someone tooted" but they all (she and the 6 year olds) just farted the day away.

We also have a teacher at our school (male) who has told me before that if he has a particularly obnoxious or irritating student, he will casually, as he is circulating around the room, pause by the student's desk (or worse - perch on the side of it), and let a ripe but silent fart rip and then casually walk away, leaving the class to speculate as to which student did it! Of course, usually the annoying student gets the blame.

I know that on days when I'm having trouble myself (yeah, I'm with ya'll on the healthy eating and fiber), it can make for a l-o-n-g day. One thing a high school teacher can NOT do is leave the class alone to take a little walk down the hall. I occassionally have a bad day where I can't wait to just get in the car ALONE at the end of the day, so I can get some relief!

This is a great stress-relieving thread, Gary. Thanks for giving my day some needed humor. And yes, send us your non gassy eating tips!

murphmitch
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
My daughter sent me this poem. Thought I'd pass it along:

A fart it is a pleasant thing,
It gives the belly ease,
It warms the bed in winter,
And suffocates the fleas.

A fart can be quiet,
A fart can be loud,
Some leave a powerful,
Poisonous cloud

A fart can be short,
Or a fart can be long,
Some farts have been known
To sound like a song......

A fart can create
A most curious medley,
A fart can be harmless,
Or silent , and deadly.

A fart might not smell,
While others are vile,
A fart may pass quickly,
Or linger a while......

A fart can occur
In a number of places,
And leave everyone there,
With strange looks on their faces.

From wide-open prairie,
To small elevators,
A fart will find all of
Us sooner or later.

But farts are all bad,
Is simply not true-
We must never forget.......
Sweet old farts like you!

:D

walking2lose
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Ha!

phantastica
10-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow Gary, your fart thread is still going! Who knew! hahahahhaha

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow Gary, your fart thread is still going! Who knew! hahahahhaha

I think it is PHANTASTIC when I have a thread that people enjoy ;)

CLAIRE ~ Having 3 teachers in my family, that can't leave their classrooms, I know that they can "per-fect" the silent storm! :faint:

newFannie07
10-04-2007, 01:21 AM
This is hilarious. My DH does the fart and hold me under the covers as he has tears streaming down his face thing. He laughs uncontrollably at anything having to do with "butt humor." I mean gasping for air, have to pause the movie, tears rolling uncontrollably.

But he doesn't think "ladies" should fart i.e. me. I am no lady. Too dang bad, we've been married nearly 15 years. But since it makes him a bit angry, I do usually blame the dog or say I don't smell anything. It never works.:p

NightengaleShane
10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
WTF is UP with men who fart freely all the time but think women can't fart? Women are human beings, too! The average person farts 15 times a day? THAT's comforting! :D Sometimes, I think I'm the only woman who farts, but even I won't fart in public. I wish I had the audacity to, though! I sure hate that MEN farting in public is just "guys being guys" but when women do it, it's disgusting, uncooth, ill-bred, unrefined, classless, and God knows what else! Freakin' double standards! :mad:

trooworld
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Sometimes, I think I'm the only woman who farts, but even I won't fart in public.

No, Shane, you are not the only one...I let 'em rip all the time! I am especially affected by mushrooms...just one mushroom can unleash a "tide" of gas. Broccoli does it too, but not as bad.

I have a friend that woke up in the morning, farted a really long one, and her husband woke up and shut the alarm off...he thought it was the alarm clock! It should come as no surprise that when we were in grade school, the two of us would tape record our farts.

Kim_Star060404
10-04-2007, 11:22 AM
DH and I had the fart discussion this past weekend. (Over steak and asparagus, no less). It seems he is far more aware of my farts than I am of his. :o At least he's cool about it ~ as long as they don't stink and nobody else is around, he thinks it's funny. :lol: He also said he thinks it's cute when I try to play it off. I had NO idea he knew I was doing that!! :rofl:

Does anybody "toot" more when they work out? Or is it just me? :shrug: I have a theory that exercise aides digestion and that's the cause.

~Kim

EZMONEY
10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Does anybody "toot" more when they work out? Or is it just me? :shrug: I have a theory that exercise aides digestion and that's the cause.

~Kim

Not sure about your theory KIM...but I would suggest not coming into our gym when I have been working out! fan or not! ;)

drake3272004
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Sometimes, I think I'm the only woman who farts, but even I won't fart in public.

No definetely not the only one, but I'm a "sleep farter".:o
I kept denying that I did this (kinda like the ones that deny that they snore!) until one time I woke myself up and my hubby was still awake!:p