100 lb. Club - Going to the doctor...it's been a while

chicpanda
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I have an appointment tomorrow with my general physician. I have not seen him since I was diagnosed and treated for cancer. I can't even remember the last time I saw him, maybe 2005? I expect to be 'yelled' at, and am not looking forward to it. I know the man just wants me to live, but it is hard when I did not follow his exercise suggestions and really don't have any excuse. The only thing to do is be honest. The good news is I will have some current medical data re: blood pressure and cholesteral levels. I hope someone answers this because I am getting tired to writing to myself. No threats from me, :cool:

rockinrobin
09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope you get a good report. Good luck!

Cassie501107
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Good luck with your appointment. I hope you are in great health.

Marseille
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
It's scary sometimes to go to the doctor and get that reality check, but prevention is always the best cure, right? Even though it might be a little vanity check to have the statistics in black and white, we need to know what our bodies are up to. Hopefully you will have an excellent checkup, but if something is amiss be thankful that you went in so it can be discovered and thwarted! Good luck!

Sheila53
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Here's hoping you get some great news re: blood pressure and cholesterol! You've lost almost 10% of your body weight, which usually brings great health benefits.

And. . .if scale numbers bother you, you can always do what I do and refuse to be weighed. Even now, I don't want to know if my doctor's scale weighs more or less than my "official" scale so I just say no.

Trazey34
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
he can't give you **** -- you're down almost 30 pounds -- that's moving in the right direction for sure :D

CLCSC145
09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
I HATE going to the doctor, so I know where you are coming from. Don't beat yourself for not going in a while. You can't change that now. Be proud that you found the courage to go now instead of putting it off longer! And look at it as a fresh start for going regularly from now on. Good luck!!!