Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default When I was doing so good too

I have been on this journey for about 7 weeks and I was doing so well. I was not craving unhealthy food and excersize was becoming a little easier then I realized what my downfall is, the weekends. I completely bombed this past two weekends I have commited to not drink any Dr. Pepper except once a week while on date night with hubby. I went to a carnival this weekend and a pizza party last weekend and from there it was downhill. I have tried to do what some of you ladies do by looking up the menus and trying to be prepared, and that worked a tad bit.

I was actually feeling like I could do it this time, I am so tired of being this weight I could cry, I feel like a complete failure. I am overwhelmed with this feeling that I will never change, and it hurts so bad. I know this whole thing is emotional for me and some days are better then others. I just need my commitment back. Where did it go?

I am focused on getting back on board today, getting ready to go excersize hopefully my endorphines will kick in

thanks for listening
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope20 View Post
I was actually feeling like I could do it this time,
Hey, who said you can't???? You are back on track already!
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You sound exactly like me. I need to get back into gear, quickly! Before I undo the 17 lbs I have lost already. Lets get back on track together! We can do it!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hope, the only way you're a failure is if you give up completely and there's no giving up allowed here! You've slipped up, but you can get back on track again, I know you can!

I don't think you can put RL completely on hold while you lose weight - there's always going to be some social thingy to go to and your friends/colleagues/family members will not be happy if you use "I'm on a diet" as an excuse not to go.

Bottom line is, we all slip up. As long as you get back on plan as soon as you can, you'll be fine...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

What if you break it down into smaller chunks and tackle one at a time? For example, maybe next weekend you focus on sticking to the eating part of your plan on Saturday only. Once you can do that consistently, then work on exercise Sunday, then focus on exercise Saturday, and last food Sunday. This make take you a while, but if you give yourself some room to get used to the idea of "on plan" weekends, in a short time it may feel "normal" to you.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hey you're here so you haven't given up! yay! it's a life-long process so a few weekends here or there won't ruin your life

keep pluggin' away at it, day after day, meal after meal, choice after choice!

and keep comin' back here to us
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

You've lost 10lbs, girlfriend! You're doing it!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Failure? Nonsense. A couple of weekends can not erase 7 weeks. Slip ups are bound to happen. Skinny people have slip ups too, ya know the skinny ones who have ALWAYS been skinny. Their trick is they don't sweat it. They don't overthink it. They eat poorly one day, the next day they're right back to eating well again. They don't make it an option NOT to eat well the next day. It's just what they do. In fact they probably have their little slip up full well knowing that it's just a little blip and a once in a while occurence. No big deal.

This IS your time, nothing's changed. Ya got that? Good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote