LA Weight Loss - 09/17/07 Alli Support, Post here now!

StillTryin
09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Happy Monday Alli-Cats and Alli-Gators!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy. I worked all weekend :( most all of Saturday (we are supposed to be closed at noon, but I had people coming all day) and then a couple hours on Sunday, then we had a Church Dinner to go to.

I didnt do the best this week or weekend but that happens....

Lets have a great week!!!!!

got2gethealthy
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
good monday every one ! weigh in day and i lost 2 lbs !! i was discouraged and emotional over the week end and ate more often than i should have. a bad pattern i need to break. what do you all do instead of emotional eating ?

StillTryin
09-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Got2, I know what you mean about emotional eating...I am trying to curb that also...CONGRATS on the 2lbs!!!! THAT IS SUPER!

Beck1Beck
09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Got2--I'm an emotional eater too. The thing that works best for me is to put it off for a couple of minutes.
I've found I can wait a few minutes at a time with no problem. As the minutes keep adding up, most of the time the emotional stuff settles down and the urge passes without incident.
Way to go, on the 2 lbs vanished. My weigh in day is tomorrow--wish me luck.

StillTryin
09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Beck-GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! You are moving right along!!!

got2gethealthy
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM
thanks ladies..i am also thinking of getting a big magnetic stop sign and stick it on the fridge! good luck tomarow beckbeck http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228/200/224/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

got2gethealthy
09-17-2007, 08:20 PM
great now i have 2 trackers ! how do i edit the pounds lost without adding another tracker !!!

dcapulet
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Just curious: anyone doing South Beach with alli?

Tammy
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Still, working all weekend isn't fun!! Tell them we said you don't have to do that anymore.

Sue, congrats on the 2 pounds!!! emotional eating. I'll be honest, usually I don't eat when I am very emotional except the past week with hubby in the hospital! There are so many fast food places between home and the hospital, and then I pass them again on the way home! AND the hospital cafeteria has really good food!! Sad, isn't it??? lol I have started making smarter decisions when I'm there. I've had soup and salad the past few meals that I've eaten there.

dcapulet, I don't think I'm really doing any certain diet. Just cutting back on the fats, watching the calories, and I guess I do watch the carbs some too.

If all goes well, my hubby might get to come home on Thursday. He was finally allowed to get up and walk today with a PT. He did great. He is joking around with everyone, so he is becoming a favorite patient for them. It is such a relief. He told me to leave early today so I could come home, rest for a while, and then go to my water aerobics class.

It's nice actually sitting down and reading posts again!! I don't feel as stressful as I've been feeling. Knowing he is better, and going to aerobics tonight helped relax me.

Take care everyone!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Why oh why did I just eat a Mars Bar? :?::o:dizzy:

got2gethealthy
09-17-2007, 11:16 PM
thingirl have you tried the boxes of 100 cal candy bars ? i tried the muskateers and they a very good. it helps when i need a chocolate fix ! Tammy glad ur hubby is on the mend and you are going to arobics. decapulet..south beach sounds good with alli. never tried it though. i cant seem to follow food plans anymore or specific diets http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228/200/224/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Beck1Beck
09-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Okay, so I weighed in today and only lost one pound. At first, I started to get a bit hicky with myself but then I realized:

One pound down is still better than 1 pound up.

Well DUH!! For years, I couldn't seem to stop gaining, so even if I get stuck at some point, I've got to remember that I've made progress, just by holding my own.

So, in light of my "brilliant" insight, (hehehe) here's one of my very favorite quotes from Terry Pratchett.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. Terry Pratchett

Party on, folks!

dcapulet
09-18-2007, 09:02 AM
yeah for one more pound gone!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-18-2007, 09:13 AM
When I think of a pound gone, I picture a pound of butter sitting on the counter.... instead of on on my hips & butt. Way to go!

got2gethealthy, no I haven't tried the 100 calories treats, mainly because I'm diabetic and shouldn't have sugar at all - but last night I lost it. Got stressed out about something and it happened so fast. :( I wish I had one of those 100 calories treats to reach for instead.

Tammy
09-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Thin, a Mars bar! I haven't had one of those in ages!!!!!! Now I want one.

Sue, I bought some 100 calorie packs of snacks like doritos last night. I opened the box and saw the teeny tiny bag, and I cracked up. I ended up with about 1/2 of one of those bags because the dog decided it was snack time for him also.

Beck, congrats on the pound lost!!!! That's great!!!

I just took the dog to the doggy hotel. We're just doing daycare with him this week instead of leaving him overnight. I enjoy having him home in the evenings with me. Last week it was very lonely here after our son went back to college midweek. I'm getting some laundry done, need to change the sheets for when hubby comes home, and then I'll be heading to the hospital about 11:00.

got2gethealthy
09-18-2007, 01:03 PM
one thing i noticed in the 100 paks of snacks, is how much i would eat right out of the bigger bags !! beck great one pound is one pound. but i do admit i get hicky with myself 2 with only a one pound loss. i have to remember going down the scale (slowly!) is still better than going up.

StillTryin
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Great job Beck...

I will have to see if I can find those 100 cal packs around here...I have never seen that kind, just the chips/snacks..so this is something to look for

Well I had my 6 month review at work yesterday....it went ok, nothing spectacular. I did get a raise though...ended up with about $1.65 more per hour is how it works out...so that isnt bad. But I am still looking for something different.

Beck1Beck
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Way to go, Still--take anything you can get. I always tell 'em "I'll take that, til you can do better."

Tammy, hope you got him home and settled. Sending lots of good wishes your way.

StillTryin
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Beck, that is what I will be saying in a few more months if I dont find something else..lol

Tammy
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Today the doctor said they hope that Bob will be home by Saturday. I guess they know what they are doing, right? I know that I really don't want him coming home before he is ready to, that's for sure.

dcapulet
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Today the doctor said they hope that Bob will be home by Saturday. I guess they know what they are doing, right? I know that I really don't want him coming home before he is ready to, that's for sure.

Just express your concerns to the doc. Some are eager to let patients go home, because they know the patient wants to go home, and may do better there. But if you think he will be better off staying an extra day or so, run it by them and see what happens.

good morning all! I have started phase one of South Beach, and of course, I have some TE's. Too much bacon. I can see how this diet can get out of control of you're not careful. So it's more salads and less meat for me.

StillTryin
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Dcap, I know what you mean about "out of control". I think I need to do some "formal" plan rather than just "try to control what I eat" that isnt working at all for me. I think I may do nutrisystem again for a month and see how it goes, I did good on it a few years ago. I dont know....grrrrr

got2gethealthy
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
south beach does have a higher fat count than most diets. i found the 100 cal candy bars at walmart in the bulk candy aisle

Tammy
09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Ladies, I witnessed the after effects of a TE today. I went into one of the rest rooms at the hospital. The very first stall that I passed was nasty. Orange oil stuff everywhere plus other stuff. Aren't you all glad that I knew what I was looking at???!!!! I felt sorry for whoever it was, that's for sure.

dcapulet
09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Dcap, I know what you mean about "out of control". I think I need to do some "formal" plan rather than just "try to control what I eat" that isnt working at all for me. I think I may do nutrisystem again for a month and see how it goes, I did good on it a few years ago. I dont know....grrrrr

I had always thought about nutri-system... if you can afford it, and it works, I say go for it.

south beach does have a higher fat count than most diets. i found the 100 cal candy bars at walmart in the bulk candy aisle

Yeah, I've noticed. But I have borderline cholesterol, and a strong family history of heart disease. (grandpa had 5 heart attacks, although he's still ticking away). I'm watching the fat; somewhat. :carrot:

got2gethealthy
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Tammy...gross !! poor lady.. not having an orange oil attack is what keeps me on track!! my sister was on nutra system and said it was really bad. i was going to go to jenny craig, but hubby talked me out of it because of the cost. i have decided that this is what i have to do, watch everything the rest of my life. just like my dad who is diabetic. the only thing i worry about with alli, is i read it only works 6 mo. going to take me longer to lose this weight than 6 mos. but worry about that when the time comes i guess.;)

StillTryin
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I have thought about Jenny Craig since it is basically the same as Nutri System, and I have done NutriSystem and it worked, I was only on it for 2.5 months, it was more to get me started, then about a year later I did 1 month of MediFast, that worked too but it was just not quite for me. So maybe I will check out Jenny Craig and see how it goes for a month...I know I want to get back down before the holidays....

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm, sorry you're having a hard time got2gethealthy & StillTryin, you have to get back on track somehow.

I think talking with the consultant at Jenny Craig might be a big help. I know talking with my dietitian helps me tremendously. Husbands & family just don't get it, they don't know what I am going through - but to someone like a weightloss consultant you can say anything and vent and share.

girl81
09-21-2007, 06:56 AM
oops...

dcapulet
09-21-2007, 01:51 PM
So maybe I will check out Jenny Craig and see how it goes for a month...I know I want to get back down before the holidays....

I know exactly what you mean. You can do it!

Husbands & family just don't get it

You know what? I couldn't have said it better. I feel the same way. My husband, friends, and family just don't get it. Either they think I have to be a totally eating angel, or they think I can't ever accomplish the goal. An objective ear and voice are just the ticket.

As for me, I'm doing well on the SBD. I never thought I would be able to go without bread, but I don't miss it. I feel better than I have in ages, and I think there may be a drop on the scale next week. (This week is TOM). I really like it, and can see myself sticking with it. Adding in fruit will be nice next week, but I can wait.

got2gethealthy
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Decapulet...good job on south beach ! Are you doing alli as well ? i am doing ok with the alli plan. eating like a non dieter and enjoying the results. i just watch the fat and sugar and i feel good. i went to the dr. today and may have to have knee surgery now. the more weight i lose the easier it is going to be. i learned that lesson with my ankle surgery.

dcapulet
09-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Decapulet...good job on south beach ! Are you doing alli as well ? i am doing ok with the alli plan. eating like a non dieter and enjoying the results. i just watch the fat and sugar and i feel good. i went to the dr. today and may have to have knee surgery now. the more weight i lose the easier it is going to be. i learned that lesson with my ankle surgery.

yes i am. it seems to work for me, and i like it. as long as i keep my fat down. alli is back to keeping me honest.

DirtDobber
09-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi everyone...been eavesdropping on you all for a couple of days and finally decided to say hello...I have been doing WW's off and on for a long time now and took the summer off from dieting..I was just plain tired...so now have a new fall commitment and I am adding alli to the mix ....I have been thin most of my life and then added about 10 pounds for every decade over 20 and then with menopause and quitting smoking ...oh and a change in life style...I packed on some pounds....I have lost quite a bit but still have a bunch to go... Hope you all will let me join you and help me like you seem to help each other....

Shy Moment
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone
Thought I would stop in and say hi. I am starting to think just WANTING to start taking Alli is a curse for me. Every time I set a date something happens.

You all know i have IBS. Finaly, after taking a lot of fat out of my diet, I seem to be having a lot easier time with the IBS.

I was a bit worried about the IBS and the Alli but the doc said I should be fine. I swear, two days before I was going to start the Alli BOOM the IBS kicked in and I can't stay out of the " newly remodeled room " in my house. lol

Does anyone else here have IBS and if so, does the Alli make the IBS worse? I have a hard enough time as it is when these attacks happen. I sure don't need to make them worse. The doc saying " you should be ok " is like someone saying " you will probably look good in that hair cut, it looks good on me. " lol not sure I want to count on it.

Bev
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Rennie, I am just a lurker to this thread but I wanted to let you know that I have IBS and Allie has not bothered it. I am also C- dominate so it might be different if you are D-dominate.

I hope this helps

Shy Moment
09-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much. Heck I have no idea about A, B, C, or D. Was told years ago I have IBS and that was that lol.

After this evening at the gym. I am looking around the posts trying to find a laugh.

Tammy
09-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Welcome Dirtdobber!! I'm also at that menopause stage in my life.

Update on my hubby! HE IS HOME as of 4 hours ago. He's on oxygen, but we can deal with that. The doctor doesn't think he'll be on it long.

I need to get back in gear!!!

Shy Moment
09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Tammy
So glad to hear that. Has to be easier for him to be home so you are able to give him the attention you want to. Glad he is getting better.

got2gethealthy
09-22-2007, 12:46 PM
dirtdobber and deb...welcome you are right the people on this board are very helpful and we are all in the same boat. dirtdobber great job stopping smoking :carrot: i've been trying to get my husband to stop for years. tammy i am glad to see that your husband is home, what a relief for your family. shy it is good to see your post. it is raining in ca finally and it feels so nice :D i love the rain and the clouds they bring !!

Bev
09-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Rennie,

All the C and D mean is constipation and diarrhea. IBS affects different people differently. Mine is IBS-constipation but my mother who also IBS- diarrhea.

I hope this helps.

Bev

Shy Moment
09-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh I am a DDDDDDDDDDDD person lol. No one is even allowed to use the bathroom downstairs but me lol

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone...been eavesdropping on you all for a couple of days and finally decided to say hello.

Hi DirtDobbler! welcome to the Ali thread... we have a new one every week, so watch for the new one on Monday.

Sounds like you have been doing really well so far, I find with Alli I lose a half pound to a pound more a week and it helps me not cheat because I don't want treatment effects. It's a great tool.

The doc saying " you should be ok " is like someone saying " you will probably look good in that hair cut, it looks good on me. "

but it's your Doctor!! not just someone's uninformed opinion! :dizzy:

Update on my hubby! HE IS HOME as of 4 hours ago. He's on oxygen, but we can deal with that. The doctor doesn't think he'll be on it long.

I need to get back in gear!!!

Hi Tammy, good to hear your DH is home, you'll all have some adjusting to do - I hope everyone is coping well :hug:

Hi Alligators... I had another shopping day today, I went out with my daughter to get her 2 gowns for this cruise we are going on in November. There are 2 formal nights and she didn't have anything suitable. I saw lots of nice things for me too, but I'm not going to buy anything until closer to the date... I hope to lose another 10-15lbs by the time we leave. Fingers crossed :dizzy:

got2gethealthy
09-22-2007, 10:57 PM
how exciting thingirl! a cruise and disney paris. how long will you be gone ? my dad just got back from a cruise to alaska ( his first cruise) and he really enjoyed it. 10 - 15 pounds until the cruise, i'll send good wishes to you so it happens.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi got2gethealthy :)

Alaskan cruises are wonderful, it has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Did they like the food on the ship??you can gain a lot if you are not careful. :dizzy:

On November 19th we fly to Rome... 2 days there and then our cruise leaves from Rome, we go to Athens, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Cairo and Alexandria and then back to Rome, the cruise is 12 nights. Then from Rome we fly to Paris (2 hour flight) and we go to Disneyland Paris for 4 nights and then Paris for a night and fly home on December 8th. Phew, I'll need a holiday when it's over. :o

Shy Moment
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Thin
The doc also told me for years the meds she put me on DID NOT cause weight gain. This was even after I went to a lung doc who said, " well no wonder you have put on so much weight, look at the meds your family doc has you on for your lungs. Everyone of them cause weight gain"

My doc now told me. She really wasn't sure and all she could tell me was, if I wanted to try the Alli to go ahead and give it a try. Can just depend on how the system does with the medication because of the IBS.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Shy, thank goodness she is gone!

bobbigene
09-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Complete meltdown last week - and it showed on the scale. I gailed 3 pounds, but because the ticker doesn't move west (or at least I won't move it in that direction), it's just gonna stay the same. The sad part? Complete meltdown on controlling food wasn't even fun. Not like I was eating nachos or lots of chocolate, I was just eating anything that didn't move and of course since I knew I was going way over my fat grams, I didn't even look at the bottle of alli. Starting back on the plan today.

got2gethealthy
09-23-2007, 12:12 PM
shy i have ibs-d i know for me coffee and stress can send me over the edge. since i have been on alli i havent had a incident. give alli a try maybe on the weekend and see how it does for you . have you looked at the alli home page ? they may have an answer about the ibs and following alli. at least you could ask a question about it anyway. bobbigene, i wish i could help you with your meltdown. i am like that too, eat whatevers not moving when i am in the emotional grinder. dont be too hard on yourself, just get back on board and write to us. remember most of us have been there and done that too. sue

Shy Moment
09-23-2007, 02:33 PM
got2bheathy and everyone else.

Thank you for the information. Once I get better again I am going to finaly try the Alli. Maybe will kick up my weight loss just a bit. Right now, with this cold or what ever it is, they really aren't sure. They think I have a bronchial virus. I am using my newly remodeled room enough as it is lol.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I think meltdowns are learning experiences. I try to remember how rotten I felt afterwards when I am tempted the next time. Sometimes they come without warning for me, like I'm having a great day eating wise, and all of a sudden I lose it - usually when I get faced with stress or I'm upset about something.

Everyone goes through melt downs once in a while. :hug: You just can't let them get you down and be ready to start fresh again.

bobbigene
09-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I think some of it was stress - a good friend of mine at work had a health crisis in her family and I had to take over her work load last week on top of my own. So between her work and worrying about her situation I went berserk. Also it was my turn to bring the birthday treat for the birthdays in September. I made a brownie toffee trifle. I had a nice serving of it - hey I used light cool whip, that should have saved a couple of calories! :dizzy:

I'll be better this coming week and then the next two I'm on vacation and have lots of chores scheduled to do. I'll be too busy with physical labor to eat junk!

Tammy
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Ladies, I have returned, and I hope I don't have anything else that will take me away! My husband came home late Friday afternoon, and it has been hectic around here. I've tried to nap when he does because I am totally pooed out. Trying to make sure he doesn't overdo things. We took a short walk yesterday, and I mean short! He is on oxygen, and we are hoping he won't have to be on it long. From mid-August until last week one day, he gained almost 50 pounds of fluids. His belly is looking much better. He has lost 10 pounds since he weighed here Sat. morning and when he weighed today. I know our scales are low, but we don't care about the right weight right now for him. We just know he is down 10 pounds. We're monitoring his BP, pulse, and sugar levels pretty close to report to the doctor when we go. We go to the family doctor the end of this week and to 2 specialists next week.

During his 2 weeks in the hospital, I gained 3 pounds. As of this morning, those are gone, and I am back to journaling now that I'm home more. It helps. Alli is my friend again too. lol

I missed chatting with you all. I've skimmed the posts, but I won't try to respond to all of them. You guys talk alot!!!! Just know that I wish you all the best, and we CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Daimere
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Do you ever feel a negativity for taking Alli? I was on a messageboard, they were acting all concerned and basically saying how it was unsafe or it doesn't matter if it is FDA approved because it may become unsafe like other FDA approved drugs. It's making me feel guilty for using Alli but I like using Alli to make sure I don't go over 15 grams of fat in one meal. Especially times like this week where I gained .2 I wonder what I would have gained if I hadn't been taken alli.

Tammy
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Daimere, I've read some boards like that also. I figure if they aren't doctors, the can just mind their own business. If it's working, hang with it!! I know it is making me watch what I'm putting into my mouth, and that is worth alot. Good luck on your journey!!

got2gethealthy
09-24-2007, 11:50 AM
tammy..i am so glad things are settling down for you and your husband is doing better. welcome daimere..someone always has to say something negitive about something. Olisate has been on the market for a long time. alli is just a half strengh version of it. do what is right for you. and to h-ll with their opinions ! i weighd in today shoot ! 4 oz. down. but my clothes fit better. thin girl, my dad loves his cruise. the food was amazing and never the same thing twice. he was amazed with how everything moved without a glitch anywhere. he had a fabulous time and would do it again.. i checked in with the alli site to weigh in and they said to cut down calories but not to what level..confusing

got2gethealthy
09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
i was reading on the alli boards and people are complaining about hair loss. are any of you expeirenceing hair loss? my hair is thin and fine. cant afford to lose any but havent noticed hair loss.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Do you ever feel a negativity for taking Alli? I was on a messageboard, they were acting all concerned and basically saying how it was unsafe or it doesn't matter if it is FDA approved because it may become unsafe like other FDA approved drugs.

Hi Daimere, Xenical has been around for a long time and it's twice the strength of Alli. :)

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I missed chatting with you all. I've skimmed the posts, but I won't try to respond to all of them. You guys talk alot!!!! Just know that I wish you all the best, and we CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Glad to see you back, Tammy :hug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
i was reading on the alli boards and people are complaining about hair loss. are any of you expeirenceing hair loss? my hair is thin and fine. cant afford to lose any but havent noticed hair loss.

Hi got2gethealthy :) I have not noticed any hair loss at all and I have a full thick head of long hair, in fact I would like it to thin out a little.

Daimere
09-25-2007, 11:48 AM

I know one of my friends who had major weight loss without taking alli had her hair thin out. Alot of other people talked about their hair thinning out as they got healthier/weight. It might just because of that fact.

got2gethealthy
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
geez i hope it doesnt happen to me ! hair loss AND losing oz. a week geezz. my favorite quote applies, "it's always something!" dang maybe that 4 oz weight loss was HAIR !! lol

bobbigene
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I haven't had any problems with hair loss, or at least I haven't noticed any. The only odd thing had was breakouts when I haven't had any in ages. Any major disruption to your nutrition causes side effects. Maybe that's the reason for the hair loss.

got2gethealthy
09-26-2007, 06:33 PM
gosh where is everyone ? i hope all is ok:hug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
gosh where is everyone ? i hope all is ok:hug:

Every week there is a new thread started.... this is this weeks threadClick Here
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123525)