LA Weight Loss - Sept 17-23 Losers and Friends

View Full Version : Sept 17-23 Losers and Friends

Joni135
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend and you're ready to take on this week with your head in the game. In the words of Jillian Michael:
There's no deadline. Just commit to the process and take it day by day

My scale was kind to me this morning...it was all the exercise I got in yesterday, no doubt, since my eating hasn't been as good as it should be. If we could just eliminate Friday night cocktail hour, I'd be good!

aguerin
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
GM all. Congrats on the scale success Joni.

I had a great time in the Smoky Mountains at the Rod Run. Walked, Walked and then walked some more. I also stayed POP which is a major accomplishment for me. Caused a tiff on Saturday night when we were trying to have dinner and couldn't find anything I could eat, but hey its a NSV for me. I was planning on cheating. The scales are finally under 145 for me this a.m. Whoo Hooo. Just about 4 more lbs to go.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Amy-Glad you had fun at the Rod Run and congrats on staying POP, thats amazing!

Kim #3 I love the new haircut!!!

TN Heather- I miss you when you arent around, remember that :-) We need to do lunch again!!!

Everybody have an absolutely amazing day!!! Started to say week, but lets take this journey one day at a time, its easier that way! LOL

Mama Nicole
09-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone :) This is going to be a week of great successes! I am so excited to see how everyone does!!!

I miss our moderator..........

Ok, I'll be back later :)
XOXO

chiquita623
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty relaxing and I have no complaints about that in the least!!

Amy - congrats on the NSV and being so close to goal. That is awesome.

Kim 03 - love the haircut and new pic.

Jillian - congrats on the 41 pound loss!! What an encouragement to us all!

Felicia - you are so close to two-topia. I just know you'll be there this week!!

Hi :wave: to everyone else.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Good morning all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Personally, I finally finished getting the guest bedroom put back together after painting it, also got rid of the old furniture and replaced it with some I inherited from my mom's house. So with the new paint job, mom's old furniture and new linens, it looks not too bad. Wouldn't win any decorating prizes, but all in all not bad. Now I've just got to get the office done and then my bedroom.

Good to see all the losses over the weekend.

Joni - Great job! Exercise is one of my weak areas, I really have to beef it up in that department.

Amy - Awesome on the NSV! You'll be at goal in no time.

Here's to a POP day!

Katy66
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! My beach trip was absolutely wonderful, we had a great time. I can't say that I did my best staying on plan but there was lots of walking and swimming. BNWI this am showed me the same as when I left. I'll take it for now but I do understand that sometimes it takes a few days for those indiscretions to show up. My goal this week is to stay POP, including two days of TO later in the week.

Haven't had a chance to read through last weeks posts. Hope everyone had a great week and that those lbs are still coming off.

I'll check back in later after I've caught up on my reading:)

LizzyW
09-17-2007, 12:12 PM
GM everyone.

Just a quick hello and say that this weekend was good. I am a bit tired today, but I think that is the Monday blues. Hope eveyone has a great POP day.

Liz

Mama Nicole
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I contacted Nashville Debbie on myspace, and she said:

"Hey there stranger! I am happy to hear from you and hope all is well. I gave up on my center and have been blindly stumbling along. I am now back in the saddle but doing it on my own. I will pop in on 3FC soon!!
Give my best to the gang.
Take care and stay in touch!
Debbie"

Just wanted to share that with you :)
XOXO

bradleys mom
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi gals (and guy!)I feel this is going to be a great week! I have had an awesome POP day so far! Also I drove by my COD and my friend is there, possibly signing up! YAY! More support and an in-store $credit$ for me!!

I had a great workout last night with the biggest loser 2 DVD! DH even joined me and he actually didnt poop out halfway through! :carrot:

Dan2112
09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Good morning ladies (afternoon to others)...

Was a busy weekend and I'm tired too, just like Liz.. Between state fair, soccer and trying in vain to keep the house kept up, we're running ragged, I'm afraid.

Gave Liz some time off yesterday and took the kids to see The Simpsons Movie.. Very good flick, all things considered... Some of the humor and in-jokes were above Danny's head, but he enjoyed it none the less.

I find myself slipping a bit.. I'm not eating enough veggies and find that I'm not caring if I go over a bit with the starches. Nothing too egregious, mind you.. I'm not going out and buying bags of chips and nachos, but I'm finding that now that I've reached my goal, I'm caring less...

I need to figure out a way, mentally, to keep myself on track. I've been lucky that it hasn't added to the scale, but if I don't get some focus back, it's only a matter of time. I'm bound and determined to stay POP this week and get all the good foods in that I need.

Be one with your POP!!

JLem311
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
hey everyone. checking in quick before i get ready for work. been a nice lazy relaxing morning. sucks to go back to work, but i'm looking forward to getting back to the usual routine. didn't get a workout in today, but i'm off tomorrow, so that's a definite for then. hope the day is going well for all.

LittleBlueCat
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
...Gave Liz some time off yesterday and took the kids to see The Simpsons Movie.. Very good flick, all things considered... Some of the humor and in-jokes were above Danny's head, but he enjoyed it none the less....

Dan - Question about the Simpsons Movie: What happened to the pig?? DH brought it up, and we talked about it and talked about it... the movie does not seems to give us an explanation.... Did we miss something from the movie?

equinetcan
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi everybody,

I have been MIA for about a week because I have been working for 14 days straight 12-13 hour days most days. Lots of overtime. I finally had today off but back at it again tomorow. As of tomorrow 1 month till I close on the house - I can't wait.

I have even lost another 2 lbs in the last 10 days so I am happy with that as well. My ticker is updated (or will be by the time anyone reads this post).

My mom is going away fro xmas this year so it will just be me and the pooch!! I will be with her and in the house so I will take that.

Joni - I am so happy to hear Charlie is doing better.

Guess that's it for me right now - I'll try not to be such a stranger this week. But in the last 9 days I have worked 110 hours so I basically came home each night and went to bed.

Have a good day everyone,

amylou7777
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Happy Monday everyone!

I am running around trying to finish a writing assignment due today.

My brother was in town this weekend (he goes to college about2 hours a way from us now) and I was NOT OP. I tried so hard, but gave in a couple times and just didn't limit my portions well. I'm trying to shake it and get back in the saddle...but with all of this running around, I'm feeling hungry and not prepared with good foods. I'll make it. I decided to come home during my break to make sure I didn't order anything bad from the cafeteria at school!

good to see everyone had a nice weekend.

Katy- great to see you back!

Nicole- thanks for the update on TNDeb! I miss her!

Kimberly-wow, I wish my bf would do the workouts with me. He is into lifting weights etc, so he doesn't seem very interested in my "little workout DVD"-maybe one day I'll have him join me. For now, I actually don't like him to be around when I do it since some of it's kind of goofy (well, especially my yoga dvd!)

anyway, back to work to make this deadline. Have a great afternoon everyone!

BarbaraB
09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Everyone

I had a pretty good weekend, although too much liquid starch on Friday night and a little bit of over the plan eating at a cookout on Saturday. I made another of those low fat key lime pies to take to the gathering and it was a big hit. Surprizing for something made of sugar free jello and cool whip free and non fat yogart.

Dan, I think it is somewhat normal to have a bit of lapse after you reach goal. It is only human to have thought to yourself that once you were at goal you could have at least some of the foods which you have denied yourself for so long! So cut yourself a little slack, and then get back to being POP with your added exchanges for stability.

Alannah, I'm tired just reading your post. Glad you have at least one day off.

Nicole, Are you getting excited for Germany? Isn't it coming up very soon now? Did you find a new dentist to look at the crown?

Amy, My DH will do some exercise with me but not others. He is a fan of the 8 minute abs and arms video. I'm trying to get him to do the Biggest Loser one with me, but so far that hasn't exactly panned out. We go to the spin cycling class together all the time, and he loves that work out. There tend to be a lot of guys in the class. It helps to get my exercise in if there is someone who wakes me up and says lets go.... the spin class is 5:45 AM on Mon and Wed, so I definitely need the wake up call for that one.

Jillian, what little angels your children are. They just look darling. Congrats on breaking the plateau. 40 pounds is a major loss... I realized how much when we were back packing and a somewhat heavy pack is 40 pounds... You've lost a heavy pack... and when you take it off at the end of the hike, you realize how much harder you had to work to carry that around with you.

Dan2112
09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Dan - Question about the Simpsons Movie: What happened to the pig?? DH brought it up, and we talked about it and talked about it... the movie does not seems to give us an explanation.... Did we miss something from the movie?

Wow.. Good question! I guess I didn't even realize by the end of the movie, that he wasn't around... The kids don't remember anything either.. So I'll conclude that:

1. The question will be answered during the upcoming new TV season.
2. He'll be treated like the dog and make an occassional unexplained appearance.
3. Homer gotta eat!! (MMMMMMMM bacon!):doh::drool:
4. Barney gotta eat!! (With little food around town while they were under the dome, what else could they do?)

Barbara - Thanks for the encouraging words!!

LittleBlueCat
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Dan - Thanks for the funny answer! We sure love the SpiderPig! And DS keeps trying to blow on my belly chanting: Who's the good the good piggy... :ink:

Kim0303
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Gang! I did personals to everyone earlier and lost it somehow. So I am just going to say hello. Conrats to all the loses. Dan hang tight to that 105. Don't stray to far away.
Kim, Good to see back on here after the weekend. Haven't seen Heather in a while :(
Feel terrible, going to bed. Have a cold or bad allergies.

Joni135
09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Kim3 - hope you feel better. Do you type your posts in Wordpad (or Word) first and then plug them in? That may help you from losing them and being all frustrated!

Alannah - 14 days in a row of work...that's insane...everybody needs a break...but congrats on also losing 2 more lbs.

Nicole - read this in a magazine and thought of you:
Junior gardeners twice as likely to eat veggies. This from Missouri researchers. Preschoolers who helped plant and care for gardens were more likely to eat five servings of fruit and veggies a day. The reason: Children who have an active role in gardening take proud ownership of homegrown produce, making them likely to prefer these items over other foods.

I also read this and now that I sort of buy into this, I may just drink some HLW..
"Lemon and hot water prmote peristalisis - intestinal contractions that speed the elimination of fat-storing toxins," explains Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., author of The Fast Track Detox Diet.

Dan - getting in my fruits and veggies has been my big challenge lately....I even have a big bottle of V8 (regular juice) in my fridge to keep me honest, but it hasn't helped. Of course easier said than done, but if you plan your meals ahead of time, you can usually get the right exchanges in....are you still doing that?

Dan2112
09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Honestly Joni, Liz and I have never been that good at pre-planning our meals.. When we do our weely grocery store run, we usually buy stuff with a general plan of how to eat it that next week, but we never actually sat down and wrote out menus.. Maybe it's time to do that..

Honestly, I think part of the problem has been my crazy schedule. My trip to Idaho and the stuff I've had to do afterward have kind of thrown me off my routine. I know that's not much of an excuse, but it's about all I got...

LittleBlueCat
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Good Morning, y'all! :wave:
Wake up! and smell the coffee... :cofdate:

Mama Nicole
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Ok, I am trying to get alive here. I was a bad bad girl last night. I had a few treats. I will not go into the details (can you say candy binge?). I don't konw what motivates me sometimes. It is so stupid. I have been OP for like 3 weeks, and one day my sclae goes up and I just go nuts. Anyway.......I have no intentions of continuing this self destructive behavior. I will be good, I will be good, I will be good. I am almost thinking of doing at FF. I haven't eaten yet, so I guess I better decide pretty darn quick.

Joni, you can keep my WI from yesterday......today is not ANY better.

Ok, have to get DD off to school now.......but will check in soon :)
Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

Katy66
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Good morning gang!

Did okay yesterday with my first day staying on plan after vacation. I missed a fruit but didn't eat anything that I was supposed to. I tried one of the new LAWL dinners for lunch yesterday..it was the Jam Ck, and I hated it! Couldn't even finish it. I compared it to one of my Lean Cuisine dinners and the LA one had more fat, more sodium, and less protein. When I do the frozen dinners I'm sticking to the lean cuisine...if nothing else for the taste.

Dan - Congrats on hitting 105, that is awesome.

Joni - Very interesting on the kids and their veggies. My DD has always been a good veggie eater until recently. I've been thinking about getting some kid friendly recipes and seeing if her helping me cook them makes her want to eat them more. Sounds like I might be on the right track to get her interested.

Nicole - I'm sure you will be back on track today. That is one thing about LA that I've not found with the other plans I've tried...I can have a bad eating day, weekend, or heck even week and can get back on plan pretty easily. I thought I might have problems yesterday but didn't really crave any of the salt and crap I had during vacation.

Hello Liz, Nancy, Amy, Kim2 and 3 and anyone else I've missed.

It is good to be back!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Good morning everybody!

Well so far so good, I was OP yesterday for the first time in probably a week. Now my goal is to last the whole week, including the weekend!! I tend do pretty good through the week while I'm at work then the weekends are blown all to crap! So as Dan says "Be one with your POP"! Preaching to the choir here!!

Everybody have an amazing day!

Dan2112
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Morning all! It's Smokey Bear Day at the fair.. I'll try to be good at lunch.. I figure I'll sweat off a bunch of weight just by wearing the suit!

amylou7777
09-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Dan-you get to be smokey the bear?!! How cool is that? Have fun at the fair!

Kim-I hear ya on the weekends!

Nicole- I'm sorry the scale is being mean to you! Better give it the cold shoulder for a while. Don't give up-Germany is just around the corner!

I have yet to be POP this week--the stress/in a hurry eating is really getting to me. It was so much easier to be in control before school started! I'm on my way to COD to see if anything has changed in the past few days!

Hope everyone has a great tuesday!

Joni135
09-18-2007, 12:55 PM
It's Smokey Bear Day at the fair.. I'll try to be good at lunch.. I figure I'll sweat off a bunch of weight just by wearing the suit!
Dan - Don't eat any "garbage" (haha, they always show bears eating trash that campers leave out). FYI - I think your bear suit may need some stuffing...can you run into one of those "Build a Bear" places and have them blow some in? I'm cracking up just thinking about someone doing that.

Nicole - for the Challenge weigh in, I want your Wed weight and I won't take a gain...so you better be eating, drinking and thinking thin today :-)

Mama Nicole
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
:hug: you are the best, Joni :)

Repo girl
09-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon all!

Dan- Sounds like fun to be Smokey!

Nicole- You can do it! You can do it allll nighttttt longgggggg!

lizababe
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Joni - "Build A Bear" too freaking funny!!!!!

Dan - Good luck in that costume and try to have some fun! As my friend who once temped at the Easter Bunny will tell you, wear a cup and watch those kids feet!

I'll catch up more later or at least try to. Hi to everyone else!

amylou7777
09-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Good to hear from you Liza, I was going to ask where you've been.

Joni- love the "build a bear"
Also-I tivo'd Dr. Oz on Oprah and watched it last night. His explanation of why fiber is so important was really helpful. I'd never heard it put that way and it really clicked. I'm also going to have to work on getting more tomatoes in!
I'm looking forward to TBL tonight!

No change in weight today at the COD. Stayed the same. My counselor read me the riot act for having jelly bellys and pizza this weekend! This was my first total cheat-not on plan-had too much-big goof up and she was not happy. But we both agreed I can't beat myself up about it....eating my salad right now!

anyway, have a great afternoon everyone!

Joni135
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi Liza - where you been? How's the program working for you? Is your COD back in business....I can't remember if they closed temporarily or if you just temporarily stopped going...whatever...good to see ya.

Hi Katie - if it weren't for my splitting headache today, I'd be thinking really thin thoughts today!! Right now I want a vice grip attached to my head...I think that would help. Hopefully my advil will kick in soon.

Amy - missed your post. I watched most of Oz and did see the fiber part...good stuff....the tomatoe / sun protection stuff was interesting.

FYI - Smokey's correct full name is Smokey Bear (there is no "the")....too funny. Here's another funny thought...Beware of Bear Ware!!! Dan's last name is Ware for those of you who think I've lost it.I better go get some work done.

Katy66
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Joni - love the Build a Bear image! Sorry about the headache...

Amy - do tell us about the tomatoes....I could eat them all the time:)

Hey everyone!

amylou7777
09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Katy- Dr. Oz was explaining how beneficial tomatos are to our bodies. Tomato paste in particlar has been highly reccommended by him in the past. They explained that the lycopene and other vitamins are excellent for our skin (sun damage, wrinkles etc).
On a previous program he reccommended that you get a few servings of tomato and also garlic in your diet every week.

he has a special on discovery health called "the truth about food" I've set my tivo to record the re runs later this week.

Katy66
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Interesting, I'll have to look for the re-runs myself and tivo them.

bradleys mom
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
YAY!!! Cant wait to see Biggest Loser tonight. 16 minutes to go!!!

I was POP for most part of today then came 5 oreos... Why the crap do I do that with less than 15 hours til I weigh in???? I feel your pain Nicole!!!

But anyways... Everybody have a great hump day tomorrow!!

Mama Nicole
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey ladies and gentleman,
I just had an idea.........I was feeling a bit down cuz I have been at this a while, so I decided to figure out what percentage of my body weight I have lost so far.......and I was quite impressed to see that it is about 12%. Not too shabby :) I recommend trying this. Joni brought this up on the chicks to the finish thread........and I started working the numbers to see how much I would have to lose to win the challenge..........anyway......it is a good thing to do to see some different ways of seeing our acheivements!!!! You take your starting weight, subtract your current weight, and divide that number by your starting weight. For me, it was 222.6-196.6=26........and that divided by 222.6=0.1168, or approximately 12%!!! Whoohooo to that, baby!!!
XOXO

bradleys mom
09-18-2007, 11:51 PM
9.4% here!!!

Joni135
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Good idea, Nicole...and really strange that Kim and I have the exact same percentage...I'm 9.375%. Considering I've been at this over a year, I should be ashamed of myself...but on the positive side, I could be up 9.4 percent, but now I'm down that much. I will get there...someday soon I hope!

bahamadream10
09-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow what a great way to look at it. Mine is starting wt 174-current wt 147=27 divide that by 174=almost 16%!!! Is that possible?

Dan2112
09-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Dan - Don't eat any "garbage" (haha, they always show bears eating trash that campers leave out). FYI - I think your bear suit may need some stuffing...can you run into one of those "Build a Bear" places and have them blow some in? I'm cracking up just thinking about someone doing that.

Nicole - for the Challenge weigh in, I want your Wed weight and I won't take a gain...so you better be eating, drinking and thinking thin today :-)

Funny you should mention "stuffing" Joni... I wore this same suit (borrowed from another agency) a couple of years ago and it was so tight, I had to do one of those "jump up and down" manuevers to get into it... Well, it's so big on me now, I HAVE to wear the padding vest that comes with it so it will look like it's supposed to.. How's that for an NSV??

It was hot as **** in that suit today, and I'm pretty well exhausted at this point. It was a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure I brought some joy into a lot of kids' day.. We had several families come up to us and say they came today just because it was Smokey Bear Day, so that made me feel pretty good.. I must have taken 100 pictures with kids all day long.. Most of the time, they were pretty nice, but at one point, I got corralled by a bunch of middle schoolers and some of the boys were getting a little too close for comfort, grabbing onto my back a little and just in general "invading the personal space".. My "escort" had to get inbetween us a couple of times, just so I could get some breathing room.. The suit can get very clausterphobic if there are too many big kids coming at you all at once..

I had pizza for lunch (non-meat) and a few nachos, but that's it... I stayed away from all the really bad stuff like giant curly fries, gian pretzles, deep fried twinkies, etc, etc....

Back at the fair tomorrow, but will go armed with more fruit and veg... In uniform this time, rather than the bear suit...

aguerin
09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
GM All. I did watch the biggest loser last night and I say GOOOO BLACK TEAM!!!!!!! I have the work out DVDs and can't even do them. I have lost the remote to my DVD player. You can't use a universal one cause its a cheap one from Target. My compter doesn't have speakers to hear the sound so I guess I am going to be in for purchasing a new DVD player that doesn't come from Target.

WOW my percentage drop is 18%. Starting weight 175, Current 144, 30/175 = .17714%. Whooo Hooo.

Had a small set back yesterday but I think I recovered from it pretty well. One of my co-workers turned 50 and they wanted to eat Mexican. My favorite, so I went and I ate the buffet. But for dinner last night I just had raw veggies to try to recover. I didn't see a gain on the scale this a.m. so I think I am o.k.

I missed Dr. Oz and I don't have TIVO. Does he have a website? I guess I will go look for one. Good luck today staying POP everyone.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Amy - I agree with you on the black team, I don't know if its that cheer for the underdog thing, but I was really happy to see them kick a$$.

Dan - Sounds like fun. I've always thought it would be a blast to dress up in one of those costumes, foolin' around with the kids (big and little).

Nicole - great idea on calculating our total lost body fat. What a great way to keep us all motivated! BTW, it puts me at 21.4% - woohoo!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Percentage lost...... 31%!!!! Holy crap, did I do that right? LOL

Joni135
09-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Amy -
I missed Dr. Oz and I don't have TIVO. Does he have a website? I guess I will go look for one. . You probably found stuff by now.
You can see some of the Oz stuff on Oprah's website
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200709/tows_past_20070917.jhtml

Actually Kim - your percentage is 31.14% Yes, you did it right! Awesome.

Geez - I wonder what Dan's percentage would be...he's removed his stats....wonder why? Oh, hi Dan! Sounds like you had a rewarding day and congrats on the NSV of having to wear the extra padding!

Busy day.......catch y'all later.

aguerin
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks Joni. I was just going to post that you could go to Oprahs website and read the interview. Very intersting stuff. Course I got sucked into all the other info on there that I haven't seen before.

WTG Kim and Val. I thought my 17% was a kicker but you girls have got it going on!!!!

Going to WI today. Hope to see at least a drop of some oz's anyway. I have got to get that COD scale to say 144.?. Thats my goal for today, especially after the buffett yesterday.

Fair's in town. That is going to be another NSV for me. I didn't go last year because my weight was up and had just finished the cancer treatments. We always see soooo many people that we know and some of my husbands ex-girlfriends. But this year, I'm ready for them all. LOL

MomOfThreeTeens
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
We always see soooo many people that we know and some of my husbands ex-girlfriends. But this year, I'm ready for them all. LOL

Woooo Hooooo Amy, you go get em girl!!!!! You look mahvelous!!!!!!!

aguerin
09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Kim. You look awesome too. I wish I was the star that you are, but at least I can say I know her, I know her!!! Maybe someday when I grow up I can be a star too. :)

Katy66
09-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Wow, I'm at 210 now so my % lost is 22. What an awesome way to look at it....THANKS Nicole for suggesting it.

Had a good day yesterday and started my TO this morning. So far so good:)

Have a good one guys!

LizzyW
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Morning all,

Well let's see. 205-169=36/205= 18%. As for Dan, his comes out to ~35%. that is awesome.

Congrats to all the % loses. Doesn't that make you feel pretty good?

Another glorious day at work. I applied for a job at another company and hoping to hear something soon. After almost 5 years here, I think I am done with consulting for a while.

Guess I had better get to work. I will do personals later.

Liz

bradleys mom
09-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I had my WI this morning and was up .4, but like the Biggest Losers on TV last night, After I have a really good loss one week the next week seems to be a small loss if any at all. So I am happy with the 4 lbs I took off last week, and I am going to shoot to at least pull one more off by Saturday! A lady I go to church with signed up with me as a referral so I got a $50 credit! It was nice to be able to get what snacks I wanted and not have to pay for them!

Mama Nicole
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Good morning all :) You can all thank Joni for the percentage lost idea......she gave it to me :) It really does give you a new perspective though, doesn't it? I mean, some of you have lost 1/3 of yourself. WTG!!! I bet KRISTEN'S stats are pretty amazing too :)

Anyway........I did get to move my ticker.....only a smiggen, but it moved, so I am happy. My little candy tantrum only hurt me by about a pound.....so I can go on. That is how you win this fight.........you make a mistake, and you move on. Are you listening, Kimberly? LOL. You do what i do.........be sooo good, and then just chuck it all for a stinkin cookie or something. Practice makes perfect. Cassi is super good at focusing on the bigger picture about minor screw ups too. Hopefully pretty soon she will be back :)

My friend, Julia, stopped over for coffee this a.m. That's all I have to say about that.

It is summer here again......in the 90's everyday again. I am tired of the heat.

DH is going out of town for a conference Thurs through Sunday. I hate him. J/K. I hate his job sometimes. It's stupid. Why do grown men have to gather and play golf or race go-carts in the name of business. Corporate welfare.........it gets me crazy.

Wow.....I'm quite the peach today.........ha ha. I guess I'd better go get some breakfast now...........my attitude sucks a little. I will check back later when I can behave.....
XOXO

bradleys mom
09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Hearing ya, LOUD N CLEAR Nicole!!!

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 01:41 PM
good morning all,

If I take my highest ever known weight (I didn't get on a scale for many years, so I suspect that this weight is not truly the high point) of 215, I lost 25.5%

and I think it was almost all fat too.... according to the fat measuring scale I went from about 36% fat to 19% fat. That was the really great part about LAWL. Even if the end scale weight was higher than I planned, since you can get a lot lighter if you starve to the point of making your body use its lean mass to keep you going. You lose weight really fast then and you set yourself up to gain it all back quickly. Been there, done that, own the stretch marks it caused! Anyway so losing it slowly is a good thing.

Today I'm doing another TO, as I'm bound and determined to get rid of all the vacation weight. It is a day early to be doing it, as I did it almost 2 weeks ago, but I decided one day is not that big of a deal. This time I'm doing cantaloupe. Just because I've never done the cantaloupe before.

Mama Nicole
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
The canteloupe way is my favorite :) Good luck. Do you do TO or FF?

Katy66
09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey Barbara - I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow to get rid of my vacation:) Using Knudsens Morning Blend though. I've never tried doing it with canteloupe, although I might like that better since it gives me something to chew - HA! Good luck!

LizzyW
09-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Well I have been thinking about doing a TO or FF to see if I can break this cycle and get past 168. But I would use the cantelope. It gives me substance, like Katy said. I need the substance for my body to digest. I can't decide which one I want to do though. TO or FF. Never done an FF. What is it exactly?

Joni135
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Nicole - love your humor....I like it best when you don't behave!! Sorry DH is ditching you for work...but whatcha gonna do? I guess you'll be around here a lot!! Just think...you'll have him all to yourself in Germany...well... sort of. Whose watching the kids while you're gone?

Joni135
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Liz - the biggest different between TO and FF is you don't eat the LA Lites on a FF...

Fast Forward
Unlimited proteins (meat, poultry, fish)
Unlimited raw, green salad veggies
2 eggs or 1/2 C egg beaters
4 glasses of the TO drink *
8 8 oz glasses of water
1/2-1/2 tsp Morton Lite salt

NO OTHER FOODS -no bread, no milk, cheese, fruit, condiments, etc.

You can have up to 24 oz per day of diet soda, 3 packets of articifical sweetner, 2 cups of coffee.

Take Off
32 oz of Juice* or Fruit (4 C of cantalope or 4 oranges)
6 oz protein (recommend you eat the same protein all day)
2 green veggies
& 2 LA Lites
* If you use the COD Take off drink, it's 16 oz of their juice and 16 oz water for each day.

Or buy 2 bottles of the Knudsen Morning Blend juice and each day you mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. This seems to be the closest in taste/nutrition to the COD juice.

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Nicole, I'm doing the TO. So far the cantaloupe is good. Way less acidic than the grapefruit.

Liz, I guess the FF is when you get the unlimited protein and veggies like when you first started the program. Of course it has been over a year since I did that!

Katy, nice to have TO company! Gosh darn vacation poundage.

JLem311
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. work was crazy. i have tomorrow off then i work for the next 7 days.
got a workout in yesterday and i'm headed for another one here shortly.

it's a lovely overcast and cooler day today here in NC and i'm loving it. i love overcast cool days...it'd be better if it were raining, but that very well could happen today. :)

so yeah...not much else going on at the moment. hope everyone is enjoying their day.

JLem311
09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
dang, i was looking at my ticker and realized that i suck at math! and simple math nonetheless! i was taking my starting weight (247) minus my current weight (205) and coming up with 42lbs and last week i only moved my ticker to 41lbs. silly of me to cheat myself out of a pound! ha!
anyways..i also figured out that i've lost 17% so far. not bad. it'd be higher if i used my highest ever weight..but i was prego when i was that weight, so i won't use or release that number! ha.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi gang!

NSV here that I just have to share. Today is my 6 month anniversary of signing up with LAWL, so I made a cake (on plan of course) and brought it into work today. One of my friends asked what the occasion was, and when I told her she just had to tell all the others. So just now when I got back to work from lunch there were 6 roses on my desk with a card that sad "Congratulations, we are so proud of you". Aww, these people are just too sweet sometimes.

BTW, the reason I decided to make the cake was because so many people ask me "what can you eat?", that I thought I would just show an example of what we can eat, if we plan accordingly.

Joni135
09-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Val - Happy Anniversary and congrats...great idea to celebrate YOU!!!
Your co-workers did a very sweet thing, too. We should all be so lucky! Keep up the GREAT work.

Jillian - you're doing great too. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 05:15 PM
OOH Val, What kind of cake? You have really done well for just 6 months. 75 pounds is just amazing in that amount of time. It took me longer than that to lose just 40. What sweet coworkers you have.

Jillian, my highest weight ever was like 15 pounds over the max preggers weight! I joined the Bally's gym at that weight, and through exercise and repeated weight loss attempts managed to score a big 8 pounds over the next 3 years.... of course I was up and down during that time, but never got much below 193-5... Seemed to hit there and then get stuck and then something would come up, and I would regain it. I remember when I finally went below 190 while on LAWL and it was just like a miracle to me, as I had really tried hard for a lot of years. Then to hit 160, that was like fantasy land to me for a long, long time. Now I've pretty much (except for the cursed 3 vacation pounds) stayed there since May, that is when I decided to go on maintenance, but I was not much different in weight for awhile before that anyway... So anyway, I am rambling now... but I see that you are sneaking up to onderland, and I hope it is not too long before you get there, since that is a really nice feeling.

JLem311
09-19-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks barbara. :) you've done a great job so far!
my highest weight ever was when i was prego with my DD in 2003. it was 320lbs. i started out my pregnancy at 260lbs and gained 60. joined LAWL after Julia was born and got to about 240. then got pregnant in 2005. i gained 60lbs with my little boy and was at 300lbs when i had him. i joined LAWL for the 2nd time in december 2005--6wks after Jagger was born and i joined when i was @ 275lbs. i got down to 226. then lots of stuff happened in my life and i stopped LAWL for about 7 months. gained 20lbs back durning that time and joined for the 3rd and FINAL time this past feb. and have lost 42lbs since then. it's been a long 4yrs since i first started the plan and since i'm done having kids i'm ready for my body back for good! i'm at the lowest weight i've been in about 7rys and since i'm pretty young yet, i've got tons of time to enjoy myself and my kids and my new found body.
and yes, i can't wait til the 100's!!!! :) it's gonna be great. i just need some ideas on how to celebrate. :)

ok, sorry for rambling too.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Jillian - You have done a great job and you look awesome!

Barbara - It was the Pumpkin-Cheese Coffee Cake from Deb's cookbook, and it was nummy!

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Jillian, Lots of stuff does tend to happen in life....
Hmm... to celebrate a big milestone. When I was in weight loss, I put off buying new clothes, since I was just going to keep shrinking. If you haven't bought yourself much, a new outfit might be in order. Or a manicure or pedicure could be nice, if that is something you'd find to be a treat. I've bought more clothes in the last 6 months than I did in the 6 years before that... and way nicer ones too. Always before I didn't want to spend a lot since I was going to be losing the weight some time soon.

I went recently and shopped that the White House/Black Market store, which I had been in before and thought that not one item in the whole store would have fit on me (and the sales people eyed me and thought so too I could tell), and I felt so great to go in there and buy Mediums... I had gotten a bonus at work, so I had a few dollars that I could just spend however I wanted... and I brought one skirt home and tried it on for my DH who said however much you spent on that it was worth it. I felt so good.

BarbaraB
09-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Val
OH, I see that one in the dessert thread! I will have to make it (after I finish TO I guess)

JLem311
09-19-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks barb and val!!
awesome on the clothes. i haven't bought too much in the way of super nice clothes..not too into shopping though. the pedi/mani are desparately needed though! or maybe an all around spa day! :) good thinking!

Kim0303
09-20-2007, 01:15 AM
OK, went to weigh in today. Got the manager of the CO. She decided since my weight has been basically the same (up, down, up down) for the past month, that she called the dietician and ask if I could move down a plan even though I wasn't at the weight I was suppose to be. She was all excited when she came back. I said, "Oh, Am I suppose to be excited about getting less food???!!!" She thought it was funny! I lost a starch, fruit, and 1/2 protein. That's a meal in itself! If it jumps up the weight loss I guess it will be worth it.

Kim I am ready for star bucks. Where is Heather???

Val, Congrats on the 6 months. WEnt to your profile to see if you had pictures of the progression! Love your baby! That picture is so cute and you are gorgeous! Congrats on 75 pounds. Awesome! Gives me hope! My goal seems so far away!

Everyone else, Hello. Keep POP. Congrats on the loses.
Have fun shopping for those new clothes.
I am going to have to shop for new under garmets. Get formed bras to help support the chest and they aren't filled out anymore. Can see it in my clothes. Try to adjust it but you can still see the lines. Oh well, I guess that is a good problem!

Lost 6 more inches. Whoo hoo. 2 of those inches where in my thigh. She measured twice! couldn't believe it. So now I know where the fat goes! No suprise to me. Still feel crappy. Came home went to bed. Hubby made me get up at 9 to eat something. DD inherited same sinus problems! Bad mommy! AT least she inherited her body build from my mothers side of the family. We call them the skeletons! Ha! Ha! The ones you hate because they can eat everything in site and lose weight! I got my body build from my dad's side.

Ok quite running my mouth. Take allergy meds and go to bed!

Jrny2aNewMe
09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Kim #3 - Thanks for the compliments, if you're talking about the photo with the furkid, that is my DD. Unfortunately, I am the much larger person in my avatar (also taken with my DD at her high school graduation, and about 30 pounds ago). As far as pictures of my weight loss journey - I'm usually pretty camera shy, a product of being overweight for most of my adult life.

Kim0303
09-20-2007, 10:11 AM
I am sorry Val. I just assumed since you DD and your furry daughter were in the other picture that that was you. I can tell with you two side by side that she gets her good looks from you. She looks just like you!
I know what you mean about being camera shy. It's like oh my is that really me???
Since the avitar is 30 pounds ago, you need to get us an update. I am sure there is a big difference. That is a lot of weight too. But 75 pounds. Woow. You are one of my heros!

Joni135
09-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Val/Kim - I too had the pics confused...but now we know who's who! I remember looking at your profile picture of your daughter and furkid a while back but till thought it was you, Val, in the blue dress. Wonder why I assumed that?

Kim - look at those inches go! Sorry you lost so many exchanges all at once; sounds like you'll adjust though. Good luck.

Jillian - wow...you really have made tremendous progress on this journey. Hope you top off that mani/pedi with .... hmmm ... let's see...a non-food reward??? I love the spa day or even just a good massage! Boy, I could use one now.

Got my offer letter from my new company and all looks good. I think there is an "employment goddess" watching over me. The next month is going to be busy as I have a lot they want me to learn...it's almost like going to a totally new job and in this age of technology, the biggest pain is signing up for all new benefits and setting up all the Info Technology stuff. Not my favorite part, but I'm not complaining....I've got a job!

I watched the tail end of the Kid Nation show last night...it had so much hype on the media, I figured I'd check it out. I really only caught the part where the 14 year old got a gold star (and $20,000 prize!!) and where the little 8 year old had to make his decision to stay or go home. I tell ya...I cry at everything!

That's it from me...I'm at the vet hospital with charlie dog...he's getting another dose of chemo, but it seems to be working and he's doing great.

Katy66
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Good morning everyone! What a busy morning and I'm very stressed over all I have to get done.....so stressed in fact that I can't seem to get started so I'm checking in here first:)

Question of FF, is that for 2 days also. I think that might be easier for me 'cause I really miss my protein...2 oz at each meal just doesn't work for me.

I tivo'd the biggest loser and watched it last night, I'm with you guys on the black team.

amylou7777
09-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Katy-I'm with you on being too stressed to get started today.I have so much to do for school, but thought I'd stop by here to get focused.

Joni-Congrats on the offer from the new company! I am SO glad to hear Charlie is doing well.

Kim- I love your avatar! I hope your sinus problems go away soon. I'm sure this new plan is going to jumpstart your weight loss again which will make up for the lack of food, right? I'm dreading the day when I get moved down.

Jillian-wow, hearing where you've come from and the ups and downs in your weight due to pregnancy is amazing. You have come a long way! Congrats on sticking it out this time and getting to 42 pounds!

Ok- time to get to work here! Have a great day everyone. Can't believe it's already thurs!!

Jrny2aNewMe
09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Kim - aww schucks, thanks, you're too kind.

Joni - My heart sunk momentarily when you said you had to take Charlie dog into the vet. Glad to hear he's doing ok.

(I can't believe I typed this already and then never posted it - I think I need another coffee this morning)

amylou7777
09-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Val-I too was thinking all along that you were the one in the blue dress! It's nice to figure it out. My mouth about dropped when I found out you had only been on LAWL for 6 months and already lost 75lbs!!! I only have 2 months to come close to that kind of result. I'd love to celebrate by 6mo anniversary with that kind of loss. YOu are definitely an inspiration. Your loss makes me realize that I need to get to work!
What would you say the key to your success has been? That's just so much weight per month!
Congrats on your acheivement! How nice to be halfway there already! Keep up the great work!

Mama Nicole
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone :)

Joni......congrats on the job offer. It was me, by the way......I put in a good word for you.....:rofl:

Val...........for once in my life..........I was on my game.......I knew your profile picture was your daughther. I feel soo smart right now!

Kim........do you have allergies, like hayfever?

Katie.........FF totally rocks. I have never done a TO cuz it scares me to death. I am afraid I would cheat cuz I would be hungry. FF is easy........it's a no brainer......lean meat, green veggies....juice or canteloupe or oranges or grapefruit. I usually lose 3-4 lbs when I do it. Now that I am typing this, I am thinking that I should probably do FF once a month. If I could just keep my sclae moving in the right direction and then do FF instead of trying to recover from a screw up............ha ha ha.

Amy.......I do not envy you with school. As much as I love being in school.........the constant feeling of trying to get things done on time can be pretty daunting. But, then again.....it keeps you on your toes....and for me, if I have at least one thing keeping me on my toes......the other things in life seem to follow suit.

I took DS to the doc this am. He had tubes put in in July.....and now he has had all this draining and seems like his hearing is getting bad again. Doc gave us some drops, so hopefully this will take care of everything.

DH just left for Chicago..........whatever.

Ok, have to go get something done.......XOXO

aguerin
09-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Nicole - Look at the bright side of hubby being in chicago. Less Laundry, Less picking up, Don't have to cook what he wants for Dinner, blah, blah, blah.

Congrats on the WL everyone *(Julian, Val). When/If I hit the 40 lb mark, I think I'm going to have Lasagna and a BIG Banana Split as a REWARD. Hold you horses Ladies, I don't think I will ever make the 40 lb mark. These last few pounds are just sticking to me. I could get focused and stay POP, drop a plan size or do TO, but I just don't really care. (Or Do I?) I keep waiting to see what happens this week. Yeah Right.

I didn't make WI yesterday and I will probably be gone ALL next week to DC. Thats going to throw my Columbus Day Challenge to the wind. I won't be able to eat on plan, much less be POP. Already can see the obstacles. COD called my house last time I missed a week to see where I was at. I even told them I was going to be gone. What some dummies.

aguerin
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh Joni - the term Chemo Treatment - makes me Cringe with flash backs. Bless poor little Charlie Dogs Heart. I feel his pain. I can taste that stuff now. Yuck!

LizzyW
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Morning all.

I think I am going to do a FF starting Monday after the fair of course. I have just been at this plateau far to long. I think FF may work better for me so I won't get as hungry. I am going to print out what Joni sent and really go by that. May be hard with no starches, but hey you can't have it with a TO either. I hope this works.

Work has been kind of stressful as trying to figure out how to convert one program to another. Good news is I have most of it complete. Bad news is, I think the piece I don't have done, may be one they use frequently. In case you don't know, I am a software developer.

Val - I did wonder which one you were in your pic. Not sure why I never asked??? But you do look amazing. And congrats on your lose in 6 months :0
It has taken me a year to lose just what I have.

Joni - Congrats on the job. I too hope to hear some good news soon about another job that would allow me to work at home.

Jillian - I was one of those that gained alot of weight with my kids too. Over 60lbs with each. I lost the weight before I had my son, but i was about 225 I think with him. I have been over 200 since, until last year joining LAWL. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Well to everyone else, HI, and have a great POP day. Keep up the good work.

Liz

Kim0303
09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Nicole, I am allergic to anything green. Big deal several years ago when I went to be tested. Everyone in Dr's office had to come in and look at my back. I felt like a rat! He said he had one solution. Put me in a bubble. I was sick all the time. Having asthma attacks right and left. Scaring my new husband at the time to death. He still gets scared now if I have an attack but it is pretty well controlled. I am on maintance allergy shots. Get 2. I was going every 3 weeks and this time I paid dear for being 2 weeks late!!! The fall and spring get me everytime. If I stay up on the shots, not as bad. I didn't expect the fall to hit me so quick but I guess because everything is so dry.
How old is your son with the tubes? Make sure he can hear. If he hasn't picked up all the sounds in his speech, this definately can cause a problem in his speech and a need for a speech pathologist. One of my jobs. The sound they hear is like something in a barrel of water. Hopefully, he has obtained all of his speech sounds.

Katy66
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
1/2 way through my second day of TO and starving:) Not really. I think I'm just stressing which makes me want to eat. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I haven't slipped.

Nicole - thanks for the info on FF. I'm definately doing that next time. I love veggies so that part is easy on both I just miss my protein..... Love my meat:) Can you do it every two weeks like TO or is 1 time per month the limit? Heck if you can lose 3 lbs each time once a month would be great.

Gotta run guys talk to you later:)

Jrny2aNewMe
09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Amy – I don’t think I can really pin down the “key to my success” to one or two things. I think that it is a whole bunch of factors that have finally come together in the right combination. My first inspiration was my sister, who had joined LAWL early in 2006 and lost 70 pounds and went from a size 20 to a size 8. Another strong motivational tool is that I’m not paying for it! I work in the private practice side of a group of doctors and my sister works with one or our doctors at one of the hospitals. He saw her success and commented to her, and at the time she said I was interested in it as well, but that I couldn’t afford it (single mom here). This doctor and I get along really well, so he approached her one day if I would be interested in signing up for the program if the company paid for it. So, to make a long story shorter, they made me the offer, I took them up on it and here I am. So I partly feel I have to show them that their money wasn’t wasted. Once I was on the program I have just found it really easy to follow - not that I haven’t had times when I have definitely been POOP, but I feel that this is a new lifestyle and we are always going to have special occasions where we are not going to be OP, and not want to even try! Lastly, part of it is just that I have so much to lose, that I lose it faster than someone who only has 25 or 50 pounds to lose.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but on days like the last few where I am getting so many comments of support both at work, at home and on here, that I get kind of worked up and excited about the program.

Nicole – FF sounds like a much better option instead of TO. I had never thought of doing it instead of TO. COD keeps hounding me to do one – I’ve only done one since I started and found it extremely difficult, in large part I missed the protein. Maybe I’ll try that.

Katy66
09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Wow Val, that is amazing that the company you work for is paying for it. Awesome place!

Mama Nicole
09-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Kim.........4 yo DS was evaluated by the school district's speech pathologist. He seems to be fine as far as speech development. He used to sound like he was talking with a mouth full, and then after his tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, and tubes back in july.......he sounded like a new kid. The speech path. said that his ears must not have been bugging him from birth to three, cuz he makes all of his sounds very well. She was really good with hiim, and seemed to be very up to date. I did not make the decision about his surgery until I explored every possibility. The whole thing has been just odd, as he has only had like 2 ear infections in his life......however.....I am starting to wonder if maybe he has a super high pain tolerance and never let us know he was sick. That would explain why he barely complained after his tonsillectomy. Who knows. Anyway....since his tubes were put in, he has had soooooo much drainage........and it is really gross. His ears stopped draining so much, but he has had a noticible hearing change. It is so funny to me too.....I had to push to get professionals (docs) to recognize his hearing difficulties. My pediatrician is great, but the testing is not so great. I can see a remarkable difference, but the hearing test only shows a slight change. It makes me crazy.....cuz people get really annoyed with him when he doesn't hear them. They think he is being rude. Anyway, hopefully the drops will help.

Also.......I am sooo sorry you have such bad allergies. I have wicked ones too, although I have outgrown asthma. I had it as a kid pretty bad....but the hayfever symptoms are B.S. There are soime day when I am completely useless........and it pissed me off. I am not the whimpy type........so when something knocks me on my butt, it makes me mad. I had the testing done when I was a teenager, and I too amazed the staff of the doctor's office. Ok, now I am starting to feel like that character on SNL that has to one up everyone.........lol. I did try allergy shots when I was younger......but they didn't seem to help me. I am sure they are way better now than they were back then. I mostly use a nasal inhaler and/or claritin.

Val.....that is fabulous that you have so much support from work :)

And yeah, FF can be done every two weeks if you like. I do FF cuz I don't eat lites...........so TO would not work for me at all.

Ok, have to go shopping for DD's slumber party tomorrow night. I must be crazy.......I HATE those kinds of parties!!!!!
XOXO

brittanyl
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Amy, I've noticed where you've mentioned a low sodium turkey. Which kind do you use? I'm trying to find some ideas to add a little variety. I'm a brown bagger at work, so any info would help! Thanks!

bayoubelle68
09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I know that I'm not supposed to do a TO for a little while - until I get down a little lower - but when I do, how many days do you do it?

Katy66
09-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Felicia - You do it for two days. Which I can tell you this time it is feeling like an eternity to me:)

BarbaraB
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Katy, I feel your pain.... 2nd day of TO for me too. And they brought Mexican food in for lunch (free lunch once a week in my office.... source of more than a couple of my extra pounds over the years)

Felicia, I think you've been on plan long enough to do a TO if you felt like it. It would probably drop you below the 300 mark, but it is not the easiest thing to do. I've done it... oh gosh... maybe 8-9 times! I've done the juice (3 or 4 times) the grapefruit and oranges (at least 2 times each) and now cantaloupe for the first time. The juice at the center is expensive. I would recommend, after talking my husband into doing with me this time, not to do that. My DH does not take mild starvation calmly and quietly. Oh my gosh... I swear the man is a carb addict having a fit last night... I do OK if I take one of the LAWL appetite surpressants. I used to take TriMax Plus... I LOVED that TriMax Plus... I did buy one bottle of VitaMax and Enhance stuff, and now if I do the TO I take that, so I don't die of hunger. I didn't take it yesterday and that was really a bad day. I don't know if they even sell the stuff any more and they want a lot for it. I would buy the Trimax from e-bay, so instead of 80$ it would be maybe 18-22$. I think I still have a bottle in the cupboard of regular trimax (I bid on the wrong thing once). When they made it Vitamax and Enhance, it all got a lot more expensive. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else ever took the supplements...

So today I'm high on Vitamax and cantaloupe... Hope everyone is having a great day. I saw the BL and felt really bad for the Red team, losing twice in a row... I always feel for the poor women who are made to feel so bad when they have "only" lost 2 pounds in a week. I have no idea how that one guy lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks. That is just freaky.

lizababe
09-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Hiya Gals and Guy!

Ok, I've been lurking mostly and keeping up on everyone but don't have time to post personals right now. Hopefully I can catch up with those this weekend. Though Joni - I am thinking of you and your Charlie today!

I got the call today to go back to COD and pick up the program again. Apparently there were several reasons for my hiatus. (I'm doing the program as a spokesperson so I have to follow it according to what is going on with advertising budgets and contracts) The big one that surprised me is that the franchise was sold back to corporate! They haven't changed to the Pure Weight Loss name yet but this is all very recent so it's probably around the corner. I was given my new numbered plan and a run down of how it works and the supplements (yes!) and will start a new TO this weekend.

I caught a little bit of Dr. Oz on Oprah the other day and looking through this numbered plan seems to be in line with what he was saying. It's not about counting calories, it's about eating the RIGHT things. For the first month on this one, it is fairly limited with no red meat or pork and a few other things. After the first month it looks like there is a lot more food than the old color plan BUT it's all still fresh, healthy non-processed foods.

Anyhoo... gotta run again but I'm so happy to be back on a plan! I was getting worried that this wasn't going to happen after all.

Take care everyone... ttfn

BarbaraB
09-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Liza, What supplements did they give you? I am curious about the control trim stuff.... I am such a sales patsy for these people... and I'm on maintenance so they don't try to push their stuff on me anymore... but I would buy it...

lizababe
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
LOL Barbara! Actually I'm getting the controltrim on Monday and I'll give the full review! I got all of the other supplements which I really grew fond of. I like Celluway the best.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Good morning all! Happy Friday!!!

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Good morning Val.......and the rest of this eeerily quiet group. It really has been quiet lately..........and I find that very odd. I have been comming to this forum for just under a year, and I have never seen it like this. Must be something in the air..........

Well, last weekend I made a weekend goal to help me stay focused on the two toughest days of the week. This weekend I will need it more than ever, as 12 yo DD is having a slumber party tonight, and I made 48 cupcakes last night and two different kinds of frosting and many many decorations so the girls can have a cupcake bar...........oh, and then there is pizza, chips, icecream, candy, and cookies. Man oh man..........this will be a real test. I just keep hoping that the fact that I am flying out for Germany in 6 short days will keep me on the straight and narrow. So......I think my goal will be 193.2 for Monday morning. I WI two days in a row at 193.8........so that is just over a half of a pound. I can do this, right? Give me strength!!!

Joni.......how did Charlie dog fair after his chemo treatment?

Ok, time to make the donuts......I mean, time to get DD out the door.......I"ll be back....
XOXO

chiquita623
09-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello Everyone. I've been MIA this week due to a stressful week of training at work. That's over now - thank goodness - and hopefully things should get back to as close to normal as they can.

Nicole - I like the idea of a weekend goal. I just may start doing that to keep myself in check. I'll bet you are so excited/frantic about your upcoming trip. My mom went to Germany 20 years ago and she just loved it. Said it was a beautiful country.

I did TO yesterday and it gave me an incredible migraine. So decided I didn't have enough to eat and ate a normal dinner last night and took a couple of pills and went to bed. Viola - no headache this morning. So am going to to a day of FF today. Will that work? One day of TO and a day of FF? Guess I'll find out.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

amylou7777
09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
TGIF everyone! I wonder why it's so quiet?
Feels like we haven't heard from Tina in a while?
Princess Heather has been gone for a long time and so has Pearl!
Come out, come out whereveryou are!

This has been such a rough week. I decided to see what my BNWI was this morning and wouldn't you know it Mr. Scale was so kind to me! He had me down over 3lbs!! I literally wanted to rush out the door to the COD to get this documented but quickly realized I had no clothes on and decided to wait til tomorrow! I'm going to make it my goal to eat light choices today so that my w/i tomorrow morning at COD will go well!

Nicole- I am with you on the weekend challenge. DBF will be out on a guys night on Sat and I am really looking forward to some alone time. I thought about making plans with the girls, but that only leads to eating and drinking! I've been so busy this week that I think it will be nice to have some peace and quiet and be POP!

Liza- so glad that you are getting re-started at your center. Sounds like a great way to do it as a spokesperson. Can't wait to hear how everything works out for you.

Laurie-so sorry you had a busy week too, followed by a migrane. That is no fun. That is exactly the reason I haven't done a TO yet. My COD said I can't do FF anymore bc the "unlimited" protein/veggies will mess up my metabolism. They said they used to allow it but that the nutritionist now says it's a no-no. I'm thinking of asking if I can do something inbetween. Where it's FF but limited to 12oz protein. 6 is just not going to cut it.

Anway, I better get to work. Have a great friday everyone!

amylou7777
09-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh, Nicole-your cupcake bar sounds like so much fun! Good luck avoiding the food and dealing with all the lil girls!

bayoubelle68
09-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, guys! Friday, Friday, Friday! You know what that means in a classroom: testing day. The good thing is that I'm sort of on auto-pilot. The bad thing is that it's TOM and I am STARVING! Not actually teaching and walking around as usual gives me too much time to get the munchies! My class is in the library right now - BLISS! 45 minutes of quiet! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE teaching. It is my gift and my calling. But I am so tired and ready for a break!

Unfortunately, the weekend will not be a break. My parents are coming to get the kids after school today (they live about 2 hours away) and will keep them for the weekend. DH and I are driving Baton Rouge to stay overnight because we're taking pictures at a kids race there in the EARLY a.m. tomorrow. Then we will come home, upload those photos, and then we have a triathlon to shoot on Sunday morning at a town about an hour away. THEN we will drive to my parents' house to get the kids. It's going to be a crazy wild weekend!

We've already mapped out our strategy of staying POP through it all, so hopefully, we'll be able to. I will have to WI sometime Saturday. I'm not looking for a good one. I really haven't been POP the past few days. It's more what I'm NOT eating than what I am. I really need to get back on the program and be STRICT with it. No more nibbling at the kids' stuff. I mean, I know one Cheeto isn't going to sink my diet, but it makes me want the whole bag!! I haven't given in to that extent, but I really need to get serious again. I've done too well to start getting lazy and slipping!

I bought the stuff to make eight different meals and on Saturday evening, I'll be cooking up a storm, making some meals to just be popped into the oven when I get home from school and just prepping others. I like to chop every thing that needs chopping and throw it all into a big ZipLoc that I can just dump into the skillet when it's time to cook. We don't get home until 4:30 or 5:00 most evenings and the kids are immediately hungry. I've been throwing something together for them and not doing so great when it comes to me and DH. I'm trying to start planning better so that I don't have any excuses. I also need to use my Crock Pot more!

bayoubelle68
09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
And I need to get off my booty and start exercising!!

aguerin
09-21-2007, 12:14 PM
GM all and here''s to another POP day.

I'm with Amy where are all the regulars? Tina? Pearl? What has happened the Julie Marie again?

I've got my strategy worked out for being on travel next week without access to the supermarket and a refrigerator in my room to house the dairy that I need. I'm going to do the FF w/o the Juice/Cantaloup/Orange. That is the only thing I can think of other than just totally blowing this diet for 1 week which could potentially cost me 5+ lbs and 2 weeks of WL.

I"m traveling with 3 other people, so the supermarket thing won't work. Don't even really know where I would find one in DC anyway. I'm just hoping that I can get veggies and protein that is close to plan without giving in to the temptation of snacking the rest of the day. I still don't know what I will do about breakfast. I have opted not to take the Lites so that I can have more protein to satisfy my hunger longer when I do eat.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Girls.........I am sorry that I am not going to respond to anyone's posts just yet.....but I have a question and I just cannot wait for the answer. The info my DH got from the dude collaberating our Germany trip said to, "dress casual." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? Dressing casual means very different things to different people. So......I am going through my closet this a.m., cuz all of a sudden it seems real and I MUST start packing. As I am digging through my closet, I realize that many of my clothes that are presentable are a bit more dressy......cuz I either wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt (and they are all old), or clothes for church.......or every once in a blue moon, clothes for a concert or something. Anyway, I cannot go out and buy a whole bunch of kahkis and such, which is what I would consider casual. My church clothes consist of things like dressy polyester black capris and a satiny cami with a matching cardigan and those kinds of things. I do have a couple of sexier tops I could wear, and they are darn cute......more of a sophisticated sexy than skanky, but if I wear them during the day, will I be over-dressed? Is there any such thing as overdressed? I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, you know......I always fear that. Also, my self confidence isn't super high right now.........and I know it and am working on it, and I have become accoustomed to hiding in my baggy jeans and big t-shirts. What do you ladies and Dan think? DH is usually no help..........he just tells me everything looks good. (Really, he is pretty darn smart for that ;))....but really, sometimes I could use a bit of honesty. I just don't have my girlfriends or sister here to help me. And the one friend I do have is kind of an ***. She has weird motives sometimes.......so what can a girl do..........except ask her virtual girlfriends........who are always here for me :)

LizzyW
09-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Nicole,

I have never been to Germany, but I think of casual as jeans and a t-shirt. But what you can do, is take a variety of choices. Then when you get there, you can see what everyone else is wearing and match it up. But I think jeans are a good stand by. I am sure they get alot of tourist there, so I am not sure you would be out of place in anything you wore. Just have yourself a great time. And maybe it won't be to bad to stick out a little. You are a beautiful, sexy mom and deserve to be noticed. What do you other ladies think?

Dan2112
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Uh oh.. My wife is calling another woman sexy... I'm not sure how to take that.. :lol:

Hi everyone.. sorry I haven't been posting consistantly, but being busy and under the gun at work will do that...

We're up to the last weekend of the fair (Thank GOD!!)... I'm barely clinging to a mostly healthy state, but my asthma is kicking in thanks to constant exposure to animals, dust and a recent bout of wet weather... The sad fact is that I have absolutely no time to get to the doctor for new prescriptions.. I think I may go slightly mad...

I have a confession.. I had a doughnut today... But I figure that since I'm actually below my goal now (192), it's not going to kill me to have one freakin' doughnut, especially since I haven't had one in months...

Brittany - In case you didn't get the answer yet on the low sodium turkey, look for "Boar's Head" brand.. They have about the lowest, most natural turkey I've found...

BarbaraB
09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Nicole, Could you wear your sexy sophisticated tops with the jeans? That way you feel sexy, but no one can say hey you are too dressed up when you are wearing jeans. I also might take the kind of dressier capris and pair it up with a more casual top. Maybe a tshirt and the cardigan would be a look that is a little dressed up, but still a little relaxed and casual, if you have something that went well together. For people who work every day and have to dress professionally, that is often times considered casual.

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks girls......you see, my view is a little distorted as I have not been out in the work environment for so long.......omg, almost 20 years now. How did I go and get that old? I remember hearing my mother say, "oh, I remember 20 years ago we used to wear that stuff......" and all I could think was, 'man......she is OLD to beable to have memories that are 20 years old..' How time flies.

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh, and Dan.......don't worry about the doughnut.......was it good??? And congrats on being below goal.......especially during the fair!!! WTG!

Jrny2aNewMe
09-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Felicia – Your weekend sounds exhausting. I love your plan of cooking/chopping on Saturday for the following week. I have done this a couple of times in the past, and it does make it sooo much easier to make meals for the next week – haven’t done that in quite a while though, I should get back into it.

Amy – Have fun in DC! Sounds like you’re well prepared mentally for the challenge of eating out. My only recommendation for breakfast is to try for carb cravers, or most places also have fruit and yogurt as well.

Nicole – to me “casual” would define khakis as well. However, since that it not a choice, I have found that usually a pair of jeans are acceptable for touring. For other times your capris and tops/sweater combinations sound lovely. I don’t know about you, but I know I usually feel better when I am slightly overdressed as opposed to be underdressed. Don’t hide in your “baggy” clothes though. Your on vacation – live it up, you’re a beautiful woman – show it off!

Jrny2aNewMe
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh, and Dan - doughnuts - my weakness. How was it? Plain or jelly filled. Come on man, we need details! :)

BarbaraB
09-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Dan, yes... let us live vicariously.... Since I don't see any donuts in my future any time soon.

I went to WI today and despite doing another TO I was up another 2 pounds!!!! I've been so good too, and actually eating below blue plan on most days (every day since Saturday when I went to a cookout and was a bit over, but still below the maintenance amount that I was supposed to be losing on if I just cut back on a bar). I know it is due to the fact that I went back to the gym and hit it hard... as last week I was up a couple pounds higher than this, but stilll.. and I had the b&tch counselor too. She told me to stop working out for a couple of weeks if I wanted to see my weight drop.... that sounds like bad advice to me... Since then I would just have another blip up when I went back to the gym again, and I'm starting to get over this one already. Anyway, so I'm going to start weighing and measuring things, just to be sure I'm totolly 100% POP... and I'm not going to let myself be over just because it is the weekend and I'm going to stick to the WL Blue plan... and trying to stick to really low things today after coming off a TO, although I have to say, I don't think I lost much on it.

aguerin
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Nicole: My definition of casual would be whatever is comfortable for you. Khakis would be more business casual (I Think). We wear jeans at work when we get a casual day.

Here is Websters definition: appropriate for wear or use on informal occasions; not dressy.

Thanks for the advice Val. My concern is that the fruit and yogurt are not available or not LF for the yogurt, so I was going to do FF which would allow me to be on some kind of structure while out.

I wish I could have a doughnut. But then I wouldn't stop until I had ate 6. I LOVE THEM! Hot out of the oven/microwave. Yum! You deserved it Dan. All those Fair People and Fair Food. One doughnut should be considered a major NSV given the circumstance.

emmysmom
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm here...just lurking. I'm swamped with budget this week and next so I probably won't be posting much until after the 28th...that's when everything is due.

Miss you all!!! TTFN

Katy66
09-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Not a lot of time for personals. Just wanted to report that I'm down 2.4 lbs after official COD WI today. YEAH!

Lynx
09-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Nicole - get packing.
Here are my suggestions for your exciting Germany trip. Actually, I left for Europe on Sept 29th last year with a group and we visited northern Italy (Lake Como area) and Lucerne Switzerland so I am tailoring my answer to you based on the weather, etc I encountered during that trip. Your concern is what is casual dress? I agree with jeans and tops. You will, on many days, need a light weight jacket so what you are wearing underneath the jacket may not show that much. Make sure you have a sweater and think about dressing in layers. Some of the days will be cooler especially if you are taking bus trips or cruising on a lake. Bus drivers can never please all of the people all of the time so the temperatures can vary. Think of Wisconsin weather near Lake Michigan in Fall. You will undoubtedly be walking a lot so make sure you have comfortable shoes. Sneakers for during the day. Bring an umbrella. Bring along sexy tops for special dinners out. Again you will need a jacket especially at night. The theme here should be casual, comfortable clothes during the day and up one notch or two at night if you are going to a nice restaurant.

Amy and everyone else that travels. I know Amy you have constraints when you travel on business especially to D.C. This is what I base my travel food on if I have the flexibility to bring along or buy food when I get to my destination. If any are helpful to you great.

Food for travel

Here are suggestions for food that you can take along when you travel or purchase when you arrive at the place where you are staying overnight. If you are traveling by car, it is easier to bring along a bag with food items. I have found that bringing along a duffel bag and a small cooler is a good way to do it when you travel by car.

If you are traveling by air, you can bring some things along if you can put them in your checked luggage or you can purchase some of the items when you arrive. You, of course, have more flexibility with leisure travel especially if you are renting a car. If you are traveling for business to a big city, you may still be able to use some of these suggestions.

Part of my plan to stay as close to being on plan when I travel is to eat breakfast in my hotel room.
For lunch and dinner I use up my proteins, remaining starches and remaining vegetables.

Non food items – plastic utensils, small bowls, straws, napkins.

Breakfast
I pre-package ¾ cups of fiber one in zip lock bags. Add low fat yogurt and fruit. Buy low fat yogurt when you arrive at destination or put some in cooler if it will stay cool.
Pre packaged servings of oatmeal – just add hot water. I often heat water in the coffee maker. Sometimes the hotel will have hot water available in the lobby.
Hard-boiled egg purchased at super market
Fruit – I buy ½ cup servings sizes of fruit (pineapple, peaches).
Grapes, small apple, small plums
Snacks – lites or whatever substitute you normally use
Fruits see above
Fats – almonds or pecans
Vegetables – carrots or celery
Dairy – fat free, sugar free pudding cups

Breakfast or Lunch
Slimfast or Slimdown

Starches
Are easier to transport, bring along your favorites if you have the space.

Water – bottled water if you have room for it.

Note: Some of the pre-packaged items I would not normally use if I were eating at home, but I feel it is the lesser of two evils to use them rather than to have to depend on eating out for each meal.

If you are making your hotel reservations, see if a room with a microwave and a refrigerator is available. Recently, I booked a room and paid only $5 more a night for the microwave/refrigerator. It was well worth the additional price given the price of a breakfast out.

BarbaraB
09-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Lynn,

That is a good suggestion. I took a small cooler with some yogurt and fruit with me traveling before, works well if you are driving to your destination as there is usually ice available so it stays cold. Don't pack pears, as a couple of days in a cooler makes for one nasty pear. Oranges pack well this way, since you peel off the part that might be soaking in water. I also have used the fruit cups. Costco sells some good ones. I like the mandarin oranges. I've packed these on hikes where any other fruit would look really quite awful after a few miles in the back pack.

You can also pack dried fruit. There are great banana chips and I had some really great dried granny smith apples. If you decide to do the oat meal thing, that dried granny smith apples are just delicious in the oat meal. They sell them at Trader Joes here. Of course there are dried apricots and I've had dried cherries or blue berries. They aren't even liquid so you don't have to put them in the stupid plastic bag at the air port so they can check for bombs (they wanted even your lip stick in there last time I flew). They seem to like to confiscate tooth paste. Dried fruit isn't the first choice most would make for being OP, but it still counts and you get your fruit in, which that is often the hardest thing on the road.

I always take the bars. My company seems to like to have junk food infested training sessions, so you need the bar to avoid the giant cookies that are going to be outside of the conference room when the break happens.

amylou7777
09-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Nicole- are you traveling with a group? Which cities? I've been to Europe twice, and both times was always amazed at the good (and bad) fashion. They are years ahead of us, so it's impossible to completely blend in, but overall I found most European cities to be much more dressy than the US. Of course if you are traveling all day, dress comfortably. As Lynn said you will need lots of sweaters and jackets. Jeans and tshirt are totally fine, maybe bring some cute scarves or fun hats to accessorize. The shoes in Europe are always funky. For my second trip I bought the funkiest pair of sneakers I could find that I still would actually wear. It was fun bc I felt like they didn't scream out 'tourist'. Not matter what you are going to have so much fun!

Felicia-you are busy busy! I hope w/i goes well tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great friday!

amylou7777
09-21-2007, 08:46 PM
good to hear from you Tina! Good luck getting everything done.

CONGRATS to Katy- that is great news!

equinetcan
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Here it is friday and I think when I last posted it was the first of the week. I thought this week would not be as busy as the last two but I was wrong. Chaos hit again on wednesday so I have been working 12-14 hour days since and I am working all weekend too. By then end of sunday in the last 21 days - 187 hours worked. No wonder I am pooped!!

But I wanted to check in here tonight before going to bed and see how everyone was doing. Hopefully soon a few things will die down and I can be around more. I miss it when I don't check in each day but some nights it has literally been come home and go to bed and get up and do it all over again.

This kinda short and sweet - but I will check in again over the weekend. Theoretically I am done at 5 tomorrow but that might change - you never know.

Everyone have a happy weekend!!!

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Thank you all for your input on my Germany attire. I am not sure of all of the cities we will be in, but I know for sure Frankfurt and Stukhart (sp). I plan of bringing comfortable clothes......but it is sooo rare that I have a reason to dress up a bit, that I may bring a bit of both. And like Barbara suggested.....maybe put one of the dressier tops with jeans if everyone is more casual than I am. And, yeah, we are traveling with a group......so of course I will be much more self conscious.......I know noone we are traveling with. DH knows a couple of the guys....but none of the wives. So weird. This makes me totally feel like a grown-up.....LOL.

So far, I am surviving the sleep over. I did, however have a small mommy tantrum while getting the last minute things together before our guests arrived. All the kids were being extremely naughty as I was running around, and 2 yo DS kept trying to sneak outside.......which is really dangerous and makes me a wreck.........so I finally grabbed him and put him in time out in his crib...........and I was soooooooooo frustrated and full of emotion that I kicked the door.......I NEVER act this way..........but I just felt like I was going to explode..........and I was wearing my crocs.........and well........let's just say that I may be hobbling around Frankfurt with a broken big toe. Note to self........never kick ANYTHING while wearing crocs.

So, I guess I don't have to worry about what shoes to pack anyway...........

What a dummy, huh?

Ok, have to get little ones to bed............12 yo DD is waiting to watch her movies :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Well…..I am now going to apologize for being soooo self centered today about my trip and my clothes and all that…………what I have been thinking of all day is:

Felicia……I so hope you are feeling better.

Liza…….did I miss something somewhere? I was confused when you said you were doing this program as a spokesperson. Well, in any case………..I am glad you are back and that you have your new program :)

Laurie………How did the FF work out? I am not sure what kind of results you will get…….but I am certainly curious. So did you come up with a weekend goal for this weekend?

Amylou…….so glad you sclae was kind to you. It is soo nice when it actually cooperates, isn’t it? You would be proud to know that I did NOT have a cupcake…..or frosting…..or even a lick!!! I am sooo proud!!!! Also……no pizza, Pringles, cookies, gumballs, or chewy sweethearts!!! Whooohoooo NSV NSV NSV. I will be waiting to hear about your NSV’s tomorrow :)

DixieAmy…………have a safe trip. I have never been to DC, but have heard it is not the most desirable destination. I hope you find a way to stay OP………..Oh, I know you can do this. Look at how far you have come!!!

Val…………I’m so with you on feeling better a bit over-dressed than under-dressed. When I was a much thinner me……I dressed much differently than I do now. I guess I am going to have to truly adopt Katie’s attitude and really believe in myself and think happy thin thoughts. Yep, that’s what I’ll do. Thanks……you are the best :)

Hi Dan and Liz :)

:wave: :hug: Hi Tina…..so good to see you. All work and no play makes Tina a dull girl………a skinny dull girl…….but a dull girl none the less………. :)

Whooohooooo to Katy……..WTG on your 2.4 lb loss!!!! You are really kickin some butt lady. :)

Lynn….thanks for the weather tips. I have to be honest……I am looking forward to getting cold. This 90 degree weather is getting really old. I love summer, but change is good. Also, I wanted to take a second to thank you for all you add to this forum. You share e a wealth of information on a regular basis, and you always find the time to encourage others. This is good………..and please know that your time is appreciated. Also….I think you are super smart. Now, please, tell me, where on earth did you lose your avatar picture? It is time for a new one. I have asked you this a few times……but this is one question you seem to avoid………….

Hey Alannah………..see above what I said to Tina about work J How soon until you move into your new house? Glad to see you :)

Ok………..now I feel a little bit better……except…….

Joni………is your new company trying to steal you from us already???

Katie….how’s it hangin’?

Kristen…..glad to hear from you and hope your EMIL gets a life soon!!!

Pearl……..come out come out wherever you are…..

Cassi…….don’t worry girl……we’re waiting for you J

Lea Ann…….see note to Tina about work. I do hope your new job is working out well and that you are loving it!!!!

Angie……..miss you :)

Rhonda……you too…….:)

And……Debs, Kims, Wendys, Sherry, Nance, Lettie, Heathers, Renee, Dawn, Jillian, Nanette, oh, and soooo sooo many more who haven’t been around lately………the forum is getting kinda slow…….you can catch up pretty easily……and that’s just not right!!! I know, life happens……..but take a second and check in soon :) I am thinking it’s almost time for that LAWL reunion we were talking about almost a year ago……….

Ok, I know……..goodnight Johnboy…….:)
XOXO

amylou7777
09-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Oh Nicole, you are too funny!

I am SOOO proud of you and your HUGE NSVs tonight. I hope your toe is ok. OUCH! I don't look forward to the day when I have mommy tantrums. I already have tantrums...adding kids to the mix is really going to be tricky ;) School definitely keeps me on my toes...but I know all of your kiddies are keeping you on your toes...or breaking your toes, either way!! haha Sounds like you are going to be a hottie in Germany!! We are going to miss you when you are gone!

Lynn- I have to echo everything Nicole wrote. You always have such great insight. It is really appreciated! And yes, a new avatar is in order!

Dear BF and I just got home from dinner. Managed to stay pretty much OP...now it's time to get some much needed sleep!

Repo girl
09-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Nicole- Loved the mommy tantrum. Look up "tantrum commercial" for a few good laughs on Youtube. There is one for condoms that is priceless, and another where a mom has a big fit in the middle of the floor in the grocery store that is excellent. Also, great job avoiding the cupcakes!

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Thank you, thank you.........there are still some cupcakes left!!! WTF!!! What is wrong with these kids? I guess I am going to have to let them all have cupcakes for breakfast.......ha ha ha. I was rewarded with my sclae going down 0.2 lbs this a.m. I know.....I am becomming the sclae addict that I am........but my weekend goal thing worked out pretty good last weekend.......I just wanted to break 195. This week I was down to 193.8.........and this a.m., 193.6. I only have 0.4 lbs to lose by monday.....and damnit, I am NOT going to eat any cupcakes!!!

Katie..........LOVED those tantrum commercials. The mom in the grocery store really is the best. I wonder if that would work out for me. My kids don't (knock on wood) throw tantrums in stores lately.....but they do ask, and ask, and ask.......and it makes me nuts.

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 10:14 AM
wow.......looks like when DH is away...you all are stuck with me......lol

Here is a link to calculate ideal body weight that is give a little more info than most. I know someone had posted this a while back, but it is such a great calculator, I thought I'd bring it up again :)
http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
XOXO

Kim0303
09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone.
Nicole you have me cracking up.
I remember those sleep overs. I had an only child so it seemed I had them quit often. The only problem was, the parents never knew when to pick them up even though I told them by 10:00am! I had some the next day and some till 4 in the afternoon. That really ticked me off! Hey, I have a life. Come and get yours and take mine too! Oh well. Enjoy it while you can! Mine is 17 now and rarely does anyone sleep over any more! To busy! She always stays with her friends now because we are city folks and they are country folks and she gets to four wheel and build bomb fires! Imagine why they wouldn't want to come to my house to watch a movie or the planes to fly over???

Getting ready to face the biggest trial!!! A family reunion!!! FOOD FOOD AND MORE FOOD!!!! Oh my. I wish I had told my darling mother I was sitting this one out. However it is her reunion and her birthday! Pray for me! I need strength! Ha! Ha!
Later

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Kim........you can do it, you can do it, you can do it :)

Kim0303
09-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks Nicole!!! OUt the door now!

Joni135
09-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm here...Friday was just busy with this and that...and Friday night was busy with that and this.

Master Poster Nicole - I enjoyed reading everyone's packing suggestions for Germany. I can share one tidbit: Pack Light! When I went to Europe a few years ago (France), I overpacked! My suitcase was huge and hauling that thing up hotel stairs and through airports and train stations was cumbersome. While I know DH will be there to assist, do yourself a favor and try to minimize what you pack. Bring a bunch of tops and just a few pairs of jeans/casual slacks. Good comfy walking shoes and one pair for dress - that's it..two pair! One dress or nice outfit with a variety of scarves or something small to change it up if you have to wear it a few times. You'll definitely need sweater and/or jacket. Pack a tote for your day trips. Try not to think about the other folks on the trip - just wear your famous Nicole smile and you'll be the best dressed lady there!

Nicole - where did you hear that DC is not the most desirable destination? I only went once (for work) and vow to go back and take in all the city sites and tours. I think you need a few days to do it right. I'm not really a history buff nor very politically minded, but something about DC makes me proud to be an American.

Felicia - good luck with your very busy weekend. How's the new house working out? Did you sell your other one?

Kim - hope the reunion goes well....

Katy66 - congrats on the great loss....

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Joni......I heard there are a lot of homeless and poor people all over the city, and that it can be rather depressing. Maybe I am mistaking this with another city, but who knows.

Repo girl
09-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Good morning everyone! I am hanging out at home today, just letting the kids play outside in the beautiful fall weather.

Nicole- Left over cupcakes? Unheard of!

Kim3- GL at the reunion!

Joni- I am famous for overpacking as well. I agree, make the suitcase situation as simple as possible. When I went to Europe in college I had a **** of time getting all of my purchases back home with me. I even left a couple of big sweaters in my hotel room so that I could get all of my stuff in.

Have a great day everybody!!!

Heather115
09-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon all! I just spent two hours trying to get caught up on two weeks of posts! When I found this forum, I literally spent at least an hour a day reading different things and this usually happened at work. And then I'd probably spend another hour just checking throughout the day to see if anyone had posted anything new. Such an addict! Anyway, I got really behind at work (not just because of 3FC, mind you!) and then got a bunch more work added to what I was behind on so I just had to vow not to get on here while at work.

I kept thinking I'd catch up at home in the evenings. That didn't go too well either with cheerleading practices, dance team practices, football games and the never-ending church board/pastor search meetings. <sigh> Things are starting to slow down so maybe I'll be able to check in more often.

The good news is that through all this, I've continued to lose! I've managed to stay POP, for the most part anyway, and am seeing the results. People are finally starting to notice. Who knew that eating right would really result in significant weight loss?! :D All those years wasted trying to do my own thing. Oh well, I'm doing this now and it works and I can live with it. That's all that matters, right?!

Too many personals to catch up on since I've been out of touch for a couple weeks, but here's a shout out to everyone, especially those that wondered where I was. :) I've missed you all and loved reading what everyone's been up to, about those NSV's and all the pounds and inches lost.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and here's to staying POP!

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Kim #2......I so think you should inquire about this:

National Magazine looking for success stories!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a great weight-loss story to share? A national women's magazine is looking for women to feature in a monthly article on weight-loss success. E-mail your name, age, height, before/after weight, and a paragraph about how you dropped the pounds to Brittani_Tingle@timeinc.com. Please attach a "before" photo and an "after" photo to the e-mail. It doesn't matter if you've lost 20 or 120 pounds-- we want to share your inspirational story.

Suzanne 3FC

Kim0303
09-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Heather, Glad to see you popped in.

Nicole, I agree with Katie. Remember you will probably be bringing things back with you that you didn't take over there so leave room in your suitcase or plan on buying another one while you are there. I took two with me on a recent conference because I knew I would get all kinds of free stuff and buy stuff. Glad I did. Didn't need two going but sure needed two coming back.

Was not POP at the reunion but I wasn't to bad either. Was going to cook chicken and my mother said there will be plenty of chicken there. YOu can pull the fried part off. Not ONE piece of chicken. All pot roast, ham, and casseroles! Oh well, did pretty good with veggies but had to have two SMALL pieces of desert. Back on track now. Don't think I killed the scale and this is a way of life right! Got to do what you got to do to live with the way of eating right.

amylou7777
09-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats Kim! Those situations are always the toughest. Sounds like you did a great job!

I was down 1lb at w/i and am feeling motivated to meet my Cbus day goal! I am going home to visit my family that weekend and would love knock their socks off! I went to try on suits today (for interviews, stuff in court etc). I am getting frustrated bc my clothes are just starting to get too big, but I'm not quite down another size. Luckily I still had quite a few pants/jeans that were one size down from where I was when I started, but now that those are getting big, and the size down is still too tight. I know it should be taken care of a in a few weeks....but I'm ready for some new clothes!

I guess there are worse problems to have!

I keep meaning to start a TO. Forgot about it today...might head to the grocery store to stock up and start tomorrow....

Nicole, Joni is right...you will be fine as long as you pack that smile :0)

Dan2112
09-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey gang...

Don't worry about the cupcakes for breakfast, Nicole.. You know what the difference is between cupcakes and muffins? NOTHIN'!! I don't see why we can't have cake for breakfast... I mean, ask your mom for cake for breakfast and you get a lecture.. But ask for a fried batter cake (better known as a pancake) and it's "Sure! Absolutely!!" I don't get it.. :lol:

I have to admit the above rant was a paraphrased rant by a comedian whose name escapes me...

Not too bad a day today, diet-wise....

... DS's soccer team got their butts handed to them. It was ugly.. We have a pretty good team, but they looked horrible today and the other team was really really good... I guess it's back to the drawing board...

bayoubelle68
09-22-2007, 10:48 PM
We spent the night in Baton Rouge, got up to take the photos at the race, and were headed home by 10. When we got back in town, we stopped by the COD for my WI. I was at exactly 300.00! If I could have just squeezed out one more drop of pee!! I started to tell her to hand me the scissors and let me whack off a chunk of hair. I have a lot of really thick, heavy hair, but I don't think it would have done much. It might have been just enough for me to see a 2 though!! I'm praying that I'm in Two-Topia at my WI on Wednesday!!

I'm off to bed. We have to leave here at 4:30 in the morning to head to the triathlon we're shooting!! From there, we're driving to get the kids. I miss them SOOOOO much!! What a crazy weekend!

Repo girl
09-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Wow Felicia!!! We are all gonna be celebrating with you come Wednesday, no doubt! Too funny about the pee and the hair.

Mama Nicole
09-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Felicia.....WTG on your loss, lady.......especially considering the fact that TOM is visiting. You will be golden by next week for sure!!!

Amylou......I decided to add the "lou," for two reasons......too many amy's......and, one of my very best friends in the whole wide world is Cindy Lou......and we always call her by both names....and I think it is adorable. Is your middle name Lou? Anyway.......isn't it amazing how long it takes to drop that first size. I was never this heavy until a few years ago, but always battled my weight. It used to be that if I dropped 10 lbs, I went down a size. Well, when I started LAWL, I was wearing a size 18 jeans, SNUG.........and it took about almost 30 lbs to drop me into a 16 comfortably. I am still a 16, and it just pisses me off to no end. I think in another 10 lbs I may go down.......but I know exactly what you mean about being between sizes. I feel like super-frump in most of my clothes right now, but I too pulled a few things out while finding clothes for my trip that were a bit too tight before that fit really nice now. I am sure it will only be a week or two before your size changes. I also think our clothes get a little stretched after a while, and they really aren't a true 20 or 18 anymore......you know.

So, I am sitting here waiting for 16 yo DD to get home. I don't like this being a mom of a teen too much. She went fishing with her DBF for the day about 2 1/2 hours away. She should be home by midnight......but I want to go to bed now. I can't rest until she is here...........and that sucks big time. It doesn't help that DH is in Chicago.........cuz late night home alone gets a bit scary sometimes. I never used to be a scardy cat.....but it seems like I am getting more so. I don't know if it's because I have lived long enough to know that bad things can happen, or if I have gotten spoiled because DH just takes care of things.

Hey.........where are you Jillian? Not too sure why that just popped into my head.......but it did.

Anywhoo, I am going to go watch some more extreme make over until DD comes home. I love seeing what they do to these ladies.
G'night.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-23-2007, 01:55 AM
For real now.........Post Master.......I mean Master Poster Nicole, signing off now.......XOXO

lizababe
09-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Ah Mama Nicole - I hope your daughter came home and let you get some sleep! I'm so lucky my 16 year old is a nerd with moderate interest in boys and a fear of authority. You're almost in Germany! I'm so excited for you!

Felicia - too funny about squeezing out one more drop of pee! But you'll feel so vindicated when you go in for your next WI and you're in that 2 place and then some! Way to go!

I was supposed to TO Friday and Saturday but that just didn't work for my weekend. Mini-Me is sick with a cold so I made a couple of crockpots of soup. The soup itself is totally OP it's just not TO food. Ok, the ice cream and brownies I made to make her feel better weren't OP either. Now I'm feeling a sore spot in my throat that is usually the pre-cursor to getting a cold. Blech. So TO will probably work better for me starting tomorrow when I'm icky with a cold.

I'm looking at the new plan and I have some concerns. Everything revolves around my work hours and I was able to plan things out on the last plan pretty easy for healthy grab and go stuff. An individual cottage cheese, yogurt, piece of fruit and a lite to throw into my lunchbag at 4AM and take off for work. Now, starch has been introduced to breakfast. Maybe I can pick up some plain oatmeal packets. One of the things that's tough about eating is it has to be done inbetween reports so anything that has to be prepared - even with just hot water can be a problem. I'll get it figured out. I was so used to the old plan the new one is going to take some adjusting.

Anyone else on the new plan and seeing results? BTW for those of you who watched the Dr. Oz thing on Oprah.. if you liked what he said it really is in the same lines of LA Weightloss in the sense that they both push HEALTHY foods rather than calorie counting! That, and portion size.

BTW absolutely no liquid starch or fruit for the first month of the new plans. Just thought I'd warn y'all.

Nothing big going on here this weekend. I canceled my first date in forever because of weather and Mini-Me being sick. Really, I just don't think I was that interested. Now I'm going to go snuggle with the pets, a blankie, candles and a good book.

Hope you're all having a wonderful and POP weekend!

lizababe
09-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Ah Mama Nicole - I hope your daughter came home and let you get some sleep! I'm so lucky my 16 year old is a nerd with moderate interest in boys and a fear of authority. You're almost in Germany! I'm so excited for you!

Felicia - too funny about squeezing out one more drop of pee! But you'll feel so vindicated when you go in for your next WI and you're in that 2 place and then some! Way to go!

I was supposed to TO Friday and Saturday but that just didn't work for my weekend. Mini-Me is sick with a cold so I made a couple of crockpots of soup. The soup itself is totally OP it's just not TO food. Ok, the ice cream and brownies I made to make her feel better weren't OP either. Now I'm feeling a sore spot in my throat that is usually the pre-cursor to getting a cold. Blech. So TO will probably work better for me starting tomorrow when I'm icky with a cold.

I'm looking at the new plan and I have some concerns. Everything revolves around my work hours and I was able to plan things out on the last plan pretty easy for healthy grab and go stuff. An individual cottage cheese, yogurt, piece of fruit and a lite to throw into my lunchbag at 4AM and take off for work. Now, starch has been introduced to breakfast. Maybe I can pick up some plain oatmeal packets. One of the things that's tough about eating is it has to be done inbetween reports so anything that has to be prepared - even with just hot water can be a problem. I'll get it figured out. I was so used to the old plan the new one is going to take some adjusting.

Anyone else on the new plan and seeing results? BTW for those of you who watched the Dr. Oz thing on Oprah.. if you liked what he said it really is in the same lines of LA Weightloss in the sense that they both push HEALTHY foods rather than calorie counting! That, and portion size.

BTW absolutely no liquid starch or fruit for the first month of the new plans. Just thought I'd warn y'all.

Nothing big going on here this weekend. I canceled my first date in forever because of weather and Mini-Me being sick. Really, I just don't think I was that interested. Now I'm going to go snuggle with the pets, a blankie, candles and a good book.

Hope you're all having a wonderful and POP weekend!

Mama Nicole
09-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Yes, DD came home last night. She was late, and I am trying to decide what to do about that. I hate staying up late......so I make her come home by midnight.......and she was gone the entire day yesterday.....and still was late.....so I am a little less than impressed. Rather than grounding her, I think I may just have to give me the hour and a half of time that I spent waiting for her last night in trade. If I give her 1 1/2 hours of work to do, I could maybe take a nap today............so that is what I am leaning towards. I just don't really think keeping her home for an extended period really teaches her anything. I am not a fan of punishment........I just want her to learn that there is a consequence if you do not do what you promised to do. Luckily, she contacted me several times last night, so I knew she was safe......she is just so inconsiderate. It drives me crazy.

Anyway........I think I am going to have to check out the football schedule today........I have not really watched any football yet this year, and Kristen's boyfriend's team is 2-0 Whooohoooo, go Packers

Ok, I hope you all have a good day........and stay OP.
XOXO

Katy66
09-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Good morning gang. Just thought I'd do a quick check in. I'm usually so busy on the weekends that I don't have a chance so this is great. Spent the day yesterday shopping for shoes to go with the dress I bought for my nephew's wedding next weekend. DD is in the wedding by the way, flower girl. Her dress is beautiful:) I also bought an outfit to wear to the rehearsal dinner, the pants are 16s...a pretty big accomplishment for since when I started this plan back in February I was in 26s. They are a little snug but looked okay and I didn't want to buy bigger since I'm sticking to this. They will be loose in no time, right?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying OP. I have except for 2 fries I ate of my DD's yesterday at lunch.

Well better run and get this house cleaned up. This week is going to be hectic with lots of food challenges.... bridal party; rehearsal dinner; and then the wedding reception/dinner. Oh well I can do this. I'm sure there will be some good choices there, I'll just have to stay away from the liquid fruits....by the way, champagne does count as a fruit right?

Kim0303
09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks Amy, I am with you on the size thing! Drives me crazy! Congrats on the pound!

Felicia, We will all be celebrating when you get under 300. Yeah!!!

Katy Congrats on the 16s. I know you are going to look awesome. Get ready for all the compliments. Have fun and enjoy!

Nicole, the countdown is on. To bad those kids don't come with instruction books. I finally figured out the cell phone taken away works and now the keys to the car. Haven't had to take the keys. Just threatened a few times and she knows we will. Tough when you try to be far and protective. My 17yo is working and in college. Here all week so I try to be a little flexible on the time on the weekends. Of course she doesn't feel she should have a curfew and all her friends are 18 or older so it makes it tough. She is pretty good though as I am sure yours is to. They just seem to forget about the time sometimes.

Liza, enjoy it while you can. My didn't like boys either until she hit 17. Oh Lord. One crisis after another. Puppy love last for about a month. Ha! Ha! This one has been about 2 months. Holding my breath.

Ok Kim #2. REady for Starbucks??? I don't know if Heather is going to break away from her busy schedule. I just thought I was busy. Where are you heather???

Kim0303
09-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey Dan, Liz, Joni, Katie, and everyone else!
Have a great rest of the weekend.

amylou7777
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
So I had a nice long post to the post master Nicole all typed out last night and I guess I never actually posted it...boo!

Anway, I'm glad DD made it home safe. Your make-up time is a great idea. BUT I was glad to hear that she did check in with you. At least you weren't thinking she wasn't safe.

Liza- I'm feeling a cold coming on as well. I'm trying to fight it off with Vitamin C and airborne but I can still feel it in my throat. I can't afford to get sick right now! Hope the new plan works for you. I hear it can take a while. I'm not sure we will be switching up here?

can't wait til you are in two-topia felicia!

Katy- WOW! You have come down so many sizes! That is amazing. Where is your before pic??

Alright, off to get all this homework done...I'm sure I'll be back!

lizababe
09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Joni - I'm glad she made it home safe! It is good that she calls you and let's you know she's safe. Showing up late is not so good but you're right about punishment that it just makes them rebel more. I think that's a very good idea that she give back the 1 1/2 she took from you! I know the Chargers are playing the Packers today. I can hear my loudmouth neighbors watching the game now.

Katy - 10 sizes?!? That's incredible! That's 10 Nicole Richies! Great job!!!!

Tenesee Kim - Mine has had a few puppy loves. In fact she's been in constant puppy love since the 7th grade. But, she doesn't actively pursue any of these crushes outside of school. She'll exchange a few messages on myspace and that's about it. The kids around here just don't really hang out anymore unless they're gang bangers it seems. They all go home and talk to each other on myspace or text. She did have a boyfriend last year. She had her first kiss and then dumped him 3 days later when he told her loved her. LOL.

Amylou - I hope you're not getting sick too. I had the sore throat last night and slept.. really really slept in today (to the afternoon, I'm still shocked) and maybe that did it! I'm going to do TO starting today and just started on the juice. I'm making more chicken soup and I'll just eat the chicken and green beans out of it.

BTW I know we're not supposed to be counting calories but out of curiosity I entered the foods from the new plan which is limited for the first month into fitday.com and I was a bit shocked... the last plan averaged around 1200 calories. This one more like 2000. We'll see....

BarbaraB
09-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi all,

I always thought that my DH and I would produce a nerd like child, but no, somehow two nerdly engineers produced the rebellious cheer leader type. I never even considered that was a possiblity...

Kim my daughter went to college at 17, and of course all her friends are older.. but that is finally becoming a good thing. Her friends who are now mostly juniors in college are calming down and being more responsible. She is just 18 and is now a sophomore. She came home a few times this week and spent a couple of nights at home... I came home on Wednesday night and she had on the shirt that I was wearing in the avatar picture.... She ended up wearing it home, I doubt I will ever see it again. I guess she deemed it inappropriate for a mom. A major hazard of losing weight is your teenaged daughter stealing your clothes.

zambejaly5
09-23-2007, 06:15 PM
hey all, I missed you all this week. My DH was out of town FOR HIS FIRST WEEK OF WORK!!! WOOHOO! and he had his laptop with him, my computer still doesn't work and when I went to the library I couldn't get on 3fatchicks, it told me it was blocked due to language and nudity........hmmmmm.

I had a pretty good week though. the house was quiet. hubby gone kids in school. I got my whole house clean and meals made and I lost 2 lbs. but I also made a decision. ........ ok........ I ordered Nutrisystem. I gave LAWL 2 years and now weigh 10 lbs more than I did when I started. so. if it is ok with you guys I would still like to hang with you all cause you guys are familure to me. and I checked out the nutrisystem link and it moves waaaaay too slow. My sister and one of my friends also joined so we are all doing it together. I promise I won't mention it much or try to push it. after all this is a LAWL site.

on another note. I decided to go for a walk this morning. and walked through our woods. I was gone all of 5 min and was COVERED with seed ticks. millions of them!!!!!! so I had to come back and take a shower. so much for that!

DH is working from home from now until they get their new office built so I should be able to get on more. hopefully we can get my computer fixed or get a new one.

good to see you all.

equinetcan
09-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Well one last check in before the new week starts. I worked again all weekend including 7 hours today. Then I went to see my furkid so the day ended quite nicely. I booked tomorrow off so I can relax a bit and get back to the grind tuesday.

I am starting my packing this week and I am also going and getting all the furkid supplies so I will be set for her when she is there each week. I am also going to start checking out some curtain stuff and so on so I can figure out what colors I want to have. Right now all walls are white so I literally have a bare canvas to work on over the winter.

Nicole - I never had a curfew but then again my mom and dad always knew where I was and if something ran late I told them so they knew if I was going to be out really late. But most times I was home by 1 or 2 at the latest. But I do like your idea of making her pay back the time. Let us know how that worked out.

Liza - hope you aren't getting sick. In the call center right now it is spreading like wild fire. I sit way in the back corner so I try really hard to stay there and wash my hands literally 50 times a day I think and stay away from anyone that is sick. When I get sick I really suffer as I can't take any meds so I try really hard not to get sick.

Guess I should go and get off this thing. I have clothes to put away and a couple of other things to do before going to bed and it is 1017 now.

Talk tomorrow!!

Mama Nicole
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I always thought that my DH and I would produce a nerd like child, but no, somehow two nerdly engineers produced the rebellious cheer leader type. I never even considered that was a possiblity...

:rofl:.........I hear you, I hear you......my DD is a freakin knock out!!! It is unreal, as I was never ever as cool or outgoing as she is. Blows me away.

The time swap worked out well. She took the boys outside for a good portion of her time and then babysat while I went to Walmart with 12 yo. DD. That was nice, cuz often times my 12 yo DD is the one stuck babysitting, as 16 yo ALWAYS has plans. 16 yo is no dummy......she knows if she sticks around too long, we will find her something to do. Lazy isn't tolerated around here too well........unless it is a declared family lazy day.......and most of us get to enjoy it. That happens more in the wintertime.

And yes, the countdown is on!!! 4 nights, 3 days, and I will be out of the country!!! I love my mom. She is taking her vacation to come here and babysit. How lucky am I?

Lettie..........you are smokin' hot in your new avatar pic!!! And congrats on joining nutrisystems. Change is good. If doing nutrisystems gets you to be a healthier you, than how could we be ANYTHING but happy for you :) Don't even think of going anywhere else for support!!! So happy DH was at work last week.........he must be like a new man. I know, the first few months of a job is super stressful, but a man needs to work. Providing for the family for them is soooo important to their identity. A working man is a happy man as far as I am concerned.........whether it be at his job or building something or anything like that. And, still, I am just so happy for you that you don't have to leave your home. I can see the hope in your face in your new picture.......makes you look even prettier :)

Man.......I have been on here so much lately, you guys are going to go into culture shock when I go to Germany.............lol......either that, or you will be relieved.....ha ha ha.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 09:38 AM
What????? Are you kidding me???? I am the first one to post this a.m.??? Oh, wait, it is supposed to be a new thread........................and I get to start it........whooohooooo!!!!