South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/146/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Help - Not losing... WHY?

I've been on SBD before and have done well in the first two weeks. This time, after 10 days, I've only lost one pound. Could I be eating too many calories? I have to admit I was hungry those first first days and did enjoy the snacks. Do you think I overdid it? I am exercising regularly - taking advantage of my new treadmill.

Here's example of typcial day:

B
2-egg omlete with veggies and a bit of 2-percent cheese (sometimes a bit of lean ham)
S
String cheese
L
Salad with tuna or chicken with Italian or Caesar dressing OR leftover veggies from night before with meat of some sort
S
Veggies with humus or string cheese
D
Fish/chicken or lean red meat with oven roasted veggies with cauliflower mash or endamane
S - 15 cashews or T PNB and SF fudgicle
Dairy - Cup of milk at snacktime or during day an iced skim latte; I also generally drink a large DD coffee every morning with SM.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. I tried WW points plan earlier this summer and lost 5 pounds but really do prefer the SB plan for the sake of not having to weigh and count. Plus, I always seem to feel healthier on SB.

Laurie

Last edited by gotamini; 09-16-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Well i can't really say because i don't know your weight/height, and i don't know the total calories in all of those foods, but it doesn't look like you're eating too much at all. How long are you on the treadmill for? If you find you're not losing weight, try to walk 10 extra minutes every day. Take the stairs instead of the life. Walk to the shops, take the dog/children for a walk (if you have any)

Last edited by leah_0600; 09-15-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It's hard to say not knowing portion sizes. Your menu looks good and on-plan, except for the potatoes. Those are a no-no for SB. I would suggest add more veggies. Eat as much of them as you can!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Make sure you are drinking enough water too...
Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Run your food through www.fitday.com and check your calories.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone. I'll try the fitday.com for more information. I do eat huge amounts of veggies (always have as a former WWer). I don't know why I wrote roasted potatoes - that should've been roasted veggies - will need to edit that! I am going to stay on Phase 1 at least one more week. If nothing happens, I'll need to reconsider my portions, I guess. Just finished cooking crustless quiche for my breakfast at work for the week and stocked up on more veggies.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

You menu looks pretty good... (now that you're eating roasted veggies instead of potatoes! )

It doesn't look like you have very much to lose, so it could just come off very slowly. Try to look at it as the percentage of weight you've lost towards your goal... With only 12 pounds to lose, for every pound you lose you are another 8% closer to your goal.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please remember that the purpose of Phase I is to get rid of carb cravings. When you do not have a lot to lose, the advertised 6-13 pounds really does not apply.

You may be sabotaging yourself if you do Phase I too long as your body needs the more balanced nutrients of Phase II. Permanent weightloss happens in Phase II.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth's totally right about doing P1 any longer than the 2 weeks. If your cravings are gone, move on to P2. We've seen many people not lose during P1, then start losing as they move to P2.

Your menu looks terrific, though! Love all the veggies! The chicks are right, though, you may not be getting enough calories. Make sure you're getting enough healthy oils...they also add calories. Drizzle some olive oil over the roaster veggies, use SBD-safe dressings on your salad, put some trans-fat free margarine (like Smart Balance or Benecol) on your veggies, etc.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #10  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

water, water, and more water......
did i mention water?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #11  

Thanks all for the good advice. It's much appreciated. I think I will start adding in some more fiber/healthy carbs this week ... and lots of water and veggies! I'm always a bit tentative taking that leap from Phase 1 to Phase 2. Thanks all - the support does help.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Glad you found help here, Gotamini!

You might want to check out the Emergency Phase 2 Handbook and What's Your Phase 2 Combo threads in the FAQ for more help on transitioning to P2.
Closed Thread