Support Groups - Cows Staring At A New Fencepost With A Faraway Look

Bagzz
09-15-2007, 04:42 PM
That Is How I See Things;)

PainterWoman
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I know I've missed a lot of news.... DH and I are meandering around New England. I'll catch up -- but maybe not tonight.

Cowpernia
09-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I like my boss. I think he's one of the best bosses ever. And I hate my boss. He is only interested in himself and doesn't think right.

I want a new fencepost and I want Kiwi.

Kiwonk
09-16-2007, 02:02 AM
That Is How I See Things;)Me too.

this morning my friend who had breast cancer { and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed awayI'm so sorry, Bagz. It's no surprise that you worry yourself sick, with all the bad news around you. Good luck getting through this time; hopefully things will lighten up soon and look a little better. Tomorrow I'm going to Bgr to walk in the Race for the Cure Breast Cancer fundraiser. So I'll be thinking of your friend.

kiwi has not posted for 3 days !!!!!!

Now, I'm depressed more than not. When moments come that I'm not depressed, I feel like telling someone. Well, you can certainly tell us! I feel like crap frankly, but if I feel better, I will be sure to let you know. :lol:

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days. Thanks for missing me! We spent Thursday car shopping :barf: and actually hit upon the right vehicle at the right price, amazingly enough. So Friday we had to go back to the Big City :rolleyes: to actually buy it, and also my nephew came back from Iraq and had a layover at the airport here so everyone who could make it was at the airport with bells on! They have a giant contingent of Military Greeters in this area, mostly retired folks, veterans and their wives, who line up to say hello to the soldiers and marines who make their first U.S. landing right here, usually going on to somewhere else (in my nephew's case, to California) after a couple of hours of layover. So that was exciting. He looks good -- very thin, but healthy and totally pumped to be home from his 2nd and last (:crossed: ) tour to Iraq.

And of course we also got the car. We didn't think we'd get another Explorer, because we wanted something with better gas mileage (do you call it gas mileage in Canadian? Or perhaps it's called petrol kilometerage...). We looked at some other smaller SUVs and really didn't like them so much. Then we found a 2002 Explorer that fit the bill (well, except for the gas mileage--but what we saved buying it will pay for the extra gas) for an extremely good price from a private seller. $1500 lower than book value at least. And looks like it's practically new. It's white, which would not be my first choice, but :shrug: We paid way less for this than for the last Explorer which was about the same age when we bought it. Anyway, that's done and I'm glad.

I was so tired today I didn't really do anything. I'm still sick with this cough, but now it seems I have some allergy thing going on too, headache and sneezing and itchiness. Blah. Gotta go get some sleep for my athletic endeavor tomorrow ... :rolleyes:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
was just playing grin with a woman from northern Alberta. She says Timmy's pays $18 an hour there!! Every work sector is short staffed. Wish I could move. What does Timmy's pay in NB? Just curious. That kind of job around here wold probably be $7 or $8.

OK. I am in a minute where I am not deprssed. Just had a big glass of kefir, feel nourished, blah blah blah. Not depressed but still boring.

Bagzz
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
all the jobs in alberta pay BIG bucks----there is an oil boom there and they don't have provincial sales taxes----half of the maritimes are out there working-----the only trouble is---there are no places to live and what you can find is very pricey------soooooooo-------Timmy's pays around 8 dollars i think---maybe minimum wage which i think is 7 something----we have sales tax though----------it is MUCH cheaper to live here and there are all kinds of jobs---and lots of sub teacher work-----that's about 100 dollars pay per day------COME ON UP!!!!----- thanks for your sweet thoughts miss kiwi----i think i will post a link to heather's obit so you can see how sweet she was-----------------http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/announcements/display.php?anntype=obituaries~2007/09/15~16266554

Kiwonk
09-16-2007, 08:17 PM
:hug:

Bagzz
09-16-2007, 11:36 PM
kiwi,you made me cry---that was so sweet of you---i copied and pasted it and sent it to Art---he will be touched-----xoxoxoxoxo

Kiwonk
09-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry I didn't know her name beforehand -- I thought about writing "Bagz Buddy" ;)

You wouldn't believe what a crowd of runners and walkers participated in the Race for the Cure this morning. I guess it was about 4000. It was really great; gorgeous day for it, too.

Cherry Cow
09-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Bagz, I don't know if I said sorry about your friend, but I am. I'm especially touched because I'm a mom of an 11-year-old boy. Kiwi, that was so nice of you!

Kiwonk
09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
or shXX heXX and daXX :censored:

My cholesterol has shot up in the past year, to the point where they want me to take meds for it. :mad: I am so depressed. Which of course is one of the reasons I'm not healthy, I suppose. Makes me so mad. :kickbutt: Granted I haven't really done anything much to try to improve it. But I'm still MAD. Guess I'll take meds for a little while and see if it improves.

It's a beautiful day. I may just ignore everything and sit outdoors and stare at a fencepost.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Kiwi, mine has shot up, too. They say it's mental pause that does it but I'm not taking meds. Online you can find tons of ideas for reducing cholesterol and I'm trying those. But you should take the meds as you have better sense than I.

SugP
09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
this morning my friend who had breast cancer {and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed away

Oh Bagzie! How terribly sad for all concerned. WHY does stuff like this have to happen? I'm so sorry. :(:(:(

do you call it gas mileage in Canadian?

Mais oui! Weirdly enough. They made us change everything else to metric though.

OK. I am in a minute where I am not deprssed. Just had a big glass of kefir, feel nourished, blah blah blah. Not depressed but still boring.

Boring is OK. Depressed is not OK but understandable if you have things to be depressed about. Keep drinking the kefir and try this cabbage salad: equal parts oil, sugar and vinegar heated to boiling and then poured over shredded cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for a few hours. Or eat sauerkraut. It's REALLY good for digestion.

it is MUCH cheaper to live here and there are all kinds of jobs---and lots of sub teacher work-----that's about 100 dollars pay per day

That's interesting and good to know. I keep hearing how the Maritimes are so depressed and that there's no jobs. I guess it depends where you go and what kind of jobs. Vancouver is crappy for jobs right now and they say a single person can just barely get by on about $15.00 an hour.

News flash: I cleaned the bathroom today.:o

And hi Cherry! How's life?

Bagzz
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
we have all kinds of jobs here---they are not well paying jobs but it' the cheapest place in the country to live and the living is easy---no traffic,lots of land and peace!!!!!------no traffic jams,no serious crime { we have in my town about one or two murders at the most in any year}--now halifax is getting kind of crappy for crime,but my town is still good-----when we were in Boston area for almost a week,i knew that i was not cut out for all that fast paced living----in BC----the housing market is insane----you can still get a nice house and a piece of land here for under 125000------for the ladies who were in my home,i would be lucky to get 125000 for it!!!!!----with a double lot and a poorly used greenhouse!!!!come to the east coast sugar!!!---regarding cholesterol=---i haven't had mine checked in months----i guess it's probably bad too but we eat alot of almonds around here---they seem to help=--i meant to watch dr oz on oprah today---i guess he was talking about all that stuff----------------

Bagzz
09-17-2007, 05:19 PM
kiwi----they just showed a TWENTY FIVE percent reduction in cholesterol in TEN days with a control group who were fed a diet of nutrient rich foods--mostly fruit and veg--and nuts----------i guess he has a show on discovery health tonite----------------

Kiwonk
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Holy carp, I've decided I'm not taking that stuff, no way. I've been reading up on the side effects, and it doesn't even seem to me that I'm a candidate for the medication in the first place. Bullhonkey. Why didn't they ask me about menopause? I'll bet that could have an effect. In any case, I don't need the increased risk of : joint problems, muscle pain, headaches, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, memory problems and depression. oh brother. And you're not supposed to drink alcohol while taking them. :no:

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-17-2007, 11:34 PM
kiwonk----find out about that diet on dr oz's show----i am sure we can do this type of thing---we weren't vain enough to do it for our looks--maybe we can do it for health's sake!!!

Cowpernia
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I am stunned to realize that when we met we were young and happy and full of humor. Now, we're all depressed and worrying about health. Crap.

Lcp went to the hospital for a migraine or something and her uncle saw this on a statement from the hospital and concluded that DS had battered her and she had to seek medical attention. He has forbidden ds from contacting her again and threatens to have him arrested if he does.

I don't know who Dr. Oz is but he sounds good. Does Oprah take his advice? Seems unlikely.

Speaking of celebrities, it is amazing how many people stop in the checkout line to discuss Brittany Spears like she is their cousin or something. People are memorized by seeing her career go down the drain and want a closer look. I really miss that rag with Bat Boy in it and the World's Fattest Cat. Men would talk about those stories. They may look at Brittany but they don't talk. They liked the ones about rednecks capturing Big Foot.

Kiwonk
09-18-2007, 02:30 PM
-maybe we can do it for health's sake!!!Yeah, I really have to. I surely do not want to start down that pharmaceutical slippery slope, which is how I see this Lipitor prescription.

I am stunned to realize that when we met we were young and happy and full of humor. Now, we're all depressed and worrying about health. Crap.I will admit to being more often happy back then, and one heck of a lot healthier, but I maintain that I still have a sense of humor. Of course I have been depressed since I was a teenager, so that doesn't really count. The crap part still holds true. :lol:
Lcp went to the hospital for a migraine or something and her uncle saw this on a statement from the hospital and concluded that DS had battered her and she had to seek medical attention. He has forbidden ds from contacting her again and threatens to have him arrested if he does. Good grief! What is wrong with that family? How can you inflict a migraine on someone? Are they still seeing each other?

DD is a-coming home this weekend. I hope the weather will be as good as it is now. It's prime Indian summer weather. Oh, I should go retrieve the apples that didn't blow down in the wind the other day. Maybe I could make apple jelly or butter or something.

Later gators
Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know if they're still seeing each other. Under the impression that maybe not for a while. Meanwhile, ds has been demonstrating against the tasering of a UF student at the Kerry rally yesterday.

I don't think it's assumed that ds inflicted a migraine. I think it is assumed he broke a bone or something. They were not in the same town at the time.

Kiwonk
09-19-2007, 01:54 PM
it is assumed There's the problem.

Why are students rallying for Kerry? Incredible that they would taser a student.

I watched Man of the Year with Robin Williams, last night. It was very good. Another movie I thought was pretty good was Prime, with Meryl Streep as a Jewish psychiatrist, and Uma Thurman. Very funny. A bit Woody Allen-esque. HBO is my new best friend.

I picked the apples off the old apple trees yesterday. Except for the crabapples which don't look ripe. I took a big bushel tub out. Came back with 2 apples. Go me. How sad is that?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Did you see it on tv? DS said that when kids went to sit-in and protest, the door was locked to the admin building. So they went in the side door. Police stood in front of the door to the president's office and a lawyer came to give them advice. The lawyer said that police are being trained, more and more, that civilians should take orders from them as though they were in the military. There was a press conference and the it began to look redundant to DS so he left. I said, "A sit-in? Like in the 60s?" and he said, "No, not like the 60s. They have a web site."

I think the student acted perfectly fine for a university student at a university lecture. They're supposed to be excited about the world and he was.

Two apples? Will you make a tart?

Bagzz
09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
kiwi IS a tart.

Bagzz
09-19-2007, 03:33 PM
a grade nine student at a highschool in nova scotia was harassed by bullies for wearing a pink shirt to school on the first day---two grade twelve boys decided to do something about it---they went out and bought 75 pink shirts---passed them around to friends and showed support for the bullied boy-----the story was featured around the maritimes and now it's spreading furthur---sweet boys!! here is a link if you want to read about it--http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/859436.html

Cowpernia
09-19-2007, 05:38 PM
That's a wonderful story !!! Peaceful resistance like Ghandi. How much did they spend on those shirts? Very sweet of them.

Kiwonk
09-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Ha, I love that. Kids do some cool things when they are defending one of their classmates. A couple years ago DD had her own little election protest going when there was a proposal on the ballot to discriminate against gays. The groups behind the ballot item were religious based, so DD made signs (out of pizza boxes and sticks :dizzy: ) and planted them around town. They said "Love Thy Gay Neighbor".

And who you calling a tart, Miss Blueberry Lips?

kiwi

Cowpernia
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
This is a true story. It happened in Pecos New Mexico , and even
though it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's absolutely true:

This guy was on the side of the road hitch hiking on a very dark and
stormy night. The night was cold and wet and no cars went by.

The storm was so strong, he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him.
Suddenly, he saw a car coming towards him and stopped. The guy, without
thinking about it, got in the car, closed the door, and only then
realized that there was nobody behind the wheel !

The car starts going again, very slowly. The guy looks at the road and
sees a curve coming his way. Scared, he starts to pray and begs for his life.
Just before the car hits the curve, a hand appears through the window
and turns the wheel.

The guy, paralyzed in terror, watched how the hand appeared each time
the car approached a curve. Gathering his strength, he gets out of the
car and runs all the way to the nearest town.

Wet and in shock, he goes into a cantina, asks for two shots of tequila
and starts telling everybody about the horrible experience he just went
through.
A silence enveloped everyone when they realized the guy was crying
hysterically and wasn't drunk.

About a half hour later, two other guys walk into the same cantina and
one said to the other, "Mira, Pedro. That's the Pendejo that got in the
car while we were pushing it!"

Kiwonk
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
:lol: Woowee, that's a ride to write home about!
yuhhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyyhuhu yhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyjhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyh juyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhju yhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyhjuyh juyhjuyhjuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuy huyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhuyhyhyhyhy

My cat wrote that. I'm not sure what she was getting at exactly, but I think she was happy that I'd given Jet a rawhide to chew on, and DH has cleaned his desk, giving her more space to wander. So I'm assuming it is Cat for :carrot:

I have to figure out my trip south in the (friends') RV. How long should I stay gone, how should I get back and when? I wish someone else would plan my life for me for a while; I don't like the responsibility... :beach:

I just got my results in the mail from the doctor's office about my cholesterol, and it doesn't say anything about going on Lipitor; it says I should call the office to make an appt. with a dietitian. That at least sounds sensible; I can't believe they just prescribed a drug like that without even a consultation. :no: I'm not impressed. I don't like feeling like my doctor is just going with a rule of thumb when making decisions about my care. Stomachache? Have an ultrasound and get your gall bladder out!
High cholesterol? Take drugs!
Fortunate that I have my own brain, I guess. :lol:

What's Wabby up to? Hope things are improving for her.

Later gators

kiwi

Cowpernia
09-21-2007, 01:19 AM
I have to say this to someone because I'm kind of excited. I have been so depressed that I've been afraid to tell anyone less I get baker-acted. There's this minister that I've been to talk to maybe twice before over many many years. He's a counselor and very smart and caring and I never pay him. I've gone when things were really bad and he always seems to say ONE THING that helps. So I went the other day and he told me that depression is when things in us all slow down. We need to speed it up and that means exercise. So this morning, I walked for 30 minutes then did some exercises with a DVD and started feeling better. This job will not pay the bills but I didn't worry about it for while. The mail came and there was a check from the company I used to work .. refund of insurance premiums they didn't let me use.

The other day, I applied for a wonderful teaching job and got email today saying it was filled. I gave up. I need money but I gave up on teaching. So I come home and there a message to call the secretary at that school. The job was filled so maybe she wants to ask if I picked up her keys or something.

There's also a call from the mental illness/drug addiction center about a job I applied for there.

Kind of good news. I mean it's better than a kick in the kneecap,. Maybe.

Kiwonk
09-21-2007, 02:12 PM
:hyper: Yay Peachie! :trampo:

Keeping my :crossed: for more good stuff!

DD is home, but I haven't seen her yet. Home as in over at the BF's house. Heaven knows when she will wend her way here. However we know at least by dinnertime because I invited the whole BFfamily for a bbq. Clever, aren't I? We are having chicken on a stick and grilled tuna. I have to marinate the chicken nowish. Later, kids

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-21-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1862553&postcount=1
This made me LOL.

Cowpernia
09-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I am exhausted. I called the school and they wanted to tell me in person that the principal "decided to go another direction."

I have an interview for the other thing on Monday. What should I do??? I am no good at interviewing no more.

DS is on his way home with lcp. I have suggested over and over that he not come as Tropical Storm Jerry is visiting but he does not listen to me.

Today's weird customer had a bunch of stuff and it was to go to various people and she was frantic and nutsy. She had picked up some free samples, taken them out of their containers and put them on the conveyor belt. Then she removed them from the belt, took them to an empty register, bagged them and put them in her cart while I was scanning her order. My boss questioned her about putting things in her cart that had not been scanned. She said she was just helping. Then she went home and called HIS BOSS to complain about him. Did you know bosses could be complained about? I didn't I think.

Interview. What do I do????????????????????????????????????????

Wabby
09-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi cowsies. I'm back home from my trip to Phoenix. I have to admit it didn't help. Wrong lifestyle for me. My sil talks alot about hair, makeup and clothes. I did manage to talk her into an overnight trip to the Grand Canyon. It's deep and wide. Kind of like me. Hee.

Bagzie, dearie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Way to soon to be taken from her family.

I'll resume my watch of the herd now.

Kiwonk
09-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Wabbity, glad you got away for a bit anyway. I am very impressed to know that you are like the Grand Canyon. :dizzy:

Peachie, what in heck is wrong with these people? I think it is good that they want to tell you personally whether you got the job as opposed to letting you guess, but wouldn't a simple phone call be sufficient? Why waste everyone's time with a face to face meeting if they are not going to offer you something else? Who has that kind of time?

Jeez, I don't have any good advice about your interview. What else can you do but try to keep your spirits up, be positive and hopeful, if only for the duration of the interview? Good luck!!

(Long annoying rant about the pitfalls of parenting)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Very erratic, these college kids. Peaches, you must be very close to where I am with DD. She was such a joy as a teenager, for a long time I just held my breath wondering when she was going to combust into a "problem", and she never did. Turns out she was just waiting for college. See if this sounds familiar:

All week when we talked to DD, we asked if she knew whether she was coming home Thurs. or Friday, not that it mattered, but we were planning this bbq last night for the BF's family. She could never give us an answer. Might be Thursday, might be Friday. Thurs I called the BF's dad and invited them for last night. He seemed surprised and a little funny about when the kids would be home. He did say that BF had left to pick up DD in Boston. So when I talked to her and she hemmed and hawed again and thought she'd be home Friday, it would be awfully late to get home Thursday night, I figured they were staying at his dorm (which is part-way home). No big deal, I'd see her Friday afternoon.

So she calls at noon Friday, they are at the grocery store getting stuff to make a dessert, and would be home later. I call her later to ask her something and she's at the BF's house, they're making part of the dessert, will be home soon. I'm thinking "might be nice if you came and said hello to your parents when you arrive in town" but I didn't say anything. You see where this is going, don't you? They finally arrive at 4 PM, we all do lots of prepping and cooking, his family comes over, we have a great bbq, we hang out for a while in the evening watching an old video of the kids performing at the high school, the family goes home, BF hangs around for a while with DD and leaves around 11:30 PM.

So I finally get to talk to my daughter. I say "you sure got an early start this morning", thinking it takes 3-4 hours to get here from BF's school and they were in town at noon. She just sort of smiles. Finally I get the picture -- "you got home last night and spent the night at his house!" :rolleyes: Well, fine, it seems rather unnecessary as it's only a 5 minute drive to drop her off home instead, but the whole elaborate deception! Involving his whole family too. I could barely speak. DH came in at this point and we ended up having a very heated discussion for over an hour about lying to us and the whole bit. :no:

Sheesh, I have joked in the past with my sister about coming to visit her and not telling our parents that we're there, but I would never do it! Isn't this rotten? Of course, when I think back to my college days, it doesn't sound so off base. But I really expected better out of her. I could barely sleep last night; couldn't get this out of my head.

So, apparently these are the tough years for us. Whoopee. I need drugs.

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
kiwi--you are correct----the 'children' who are not children anymore can irritate you just as if they WERE children---however the difficulty is in 'laying down the law'-----it begins to look ridiculous at a certain age,but the desire or need to impart this information remains!!!!!---they all shock us with their self interest and involvement but in the end we can throw ourselves back and remember alot of the same actions----OF COURSE we regard ourselves as better than our own parents and worthy of better treatment,but at the end of the day we are still the 'establishment' and bucking us {or use another consonant if you like} is still in their repertoire!!!!----now,does anything i just wrote make sense??? probably not---but rest assured all of the parents of young adults have experienced the same hurt---myself included----just last week i found out that my dd21 who i thought i was very close to,had been hiding a tatoo from me for over a year---and her sister has one that i reacted quite reasonably to-----i was hurt and insulted but didn't bother telling her----just said i didn't know what she was so worried about----i just realized that her image of me doesn't match my image of myself!!! ANYway---blah blah blah----------------- we sang at the funeral and it went very well----if you don't concentrate on your friend being a widower and his 11 and 12 year old sons not having a mother--- i want to also say a special hello to wabby---it is comforting to know you are monitoring the herd---you are like a giant plush cow enveloping us in your love!!!! {now that is an image i am sure you thrill to!!|}-----peachbat-----i am thinking that i will adopt your preacher's advice--i am going to have to excercise soon cause i get so down and crabby and mired in negative thoughts-----can you still get over to the duckhudda pond??? hhs hhs hhssssssssssssssssssss---see you soon cowpies!

Cowpernia
09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
My gosh Kiwi. When DS does things of that ilk, I just tell him he hurt my feelings and let him feel guilty. Yes, I identify well. He came home this weekend with lcp. I had imagined that they would be home Friday so about 4 a.m. Saturday, I called to make sure he was ok. He was asleep and planning on coming Saturday. I am still trying to get hi to pay his car insurance. He pays the cell phone bill, all of it, but it's idea we have cingular. I'd have a phone like Kiwi otherwise.

I understand VERY WELL about not ever doing anything to deserve a certain response yet getting it. Remember when DS got his finger stuck in the cooler and didn't tell me? He told me he hurt it but so I assumed it needed a bandaid but he was embarrassed so he didn't tel me. I told him I had never laughed at him so why did he think he couldn't tell me? No answer.

Hi darling Wabby. Hair: my needs dying. Makeup: I'm wondering if I'm too old for it. Clothes: Don't like the size.

Bagzz
09-23-2007, 11:45 AM
wabby --speaking of women who are overly concerned about hair,clothes and makeup i met alot of women these past few days at the funeral and even though they were as OLD as i am they all REGULARLY are getting or thinking of getting their wing wongs waxed!!! i was SHOCKED!!!!!

Kiwonk
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh lordy, I don't even want to think about getting a wingwongwaxing, thank you. ~shudder~ I mean, not only do I not really relish the concept in the first place, how would you bring yourself to employ someone to, um, hang around there aaaghghghghghghghghgh NO THANK YOU!

Clearly I am an old prude, right? I didn't used to be!

Yep it's a thorny road with the grownup kids, all right. I know just how you feel, Bagz. I think the hardest part is knowing that all this is pretty normal and I'm just going to have to get used to the changes. Peaches, would you believe, DD tried to excuse her deception by saying she didn't want to hurt our feelings? :dunno: I found myself telling her that I understood that she is going through changes, that this is a transition in her life -- which just amounts to my doing exactly what I hated when my mother did it all through my teenaged years: "It's just a stage you're going through". Made me want to strangle her. Glad to know I'm carrying on the tradition...

Have any of you heard of AirTran airlines? They have the most flights out of Charlotte, which is where I think I will be getting off the RV, and returning home from, and I don't know anything about them. Someone help!!!

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-24-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.epinions.com/content_121884282500

try this kiwonk

SugP
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Mooooo! Where have I BEEN? Beats me. Feeling kind of carpy and very blaaaahhhhh.

Will comment on teenage turmoil and generalized existential angst tomorrow when I am lucid. Must go to bed now. But actually why bother? I'm as tired after 8 hours of sleep as I am after 5. Pftttt!

Love yous all! :hug:

Bagzz
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
haaaaaaaaaaa sugar!!! good to see you--now get back here and rant----GUESS WHAT---I LOVE LARD TOO!!!

Kiwonk
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Geez, I don't think I've had lard since I was a kid. Well, except on my ***! :lol:

I'm so p-o'ed. Yesterday I had these great (cheap) flights I could book for my trip back from NC, but I needed to talk to DD about plans to see her on the way. I finally got to talk to her today, went to book a flight, and all the prices have gone up $50 or $100!!! ******* it! In ONE day! I've been looking at these same prices all week, and in one day, they almost double. I am :mad::mad::mad:

Wow, I was looking in my cookbooks and recipes for a recipe for peanut butter frosting and strangely, cannot find one. :dunno: Guess I have to look online, unless one of you have one that you know is good?

Hope you're feeling less carpy today, Sug.

We're back to summer again around here -- it's in the 80s. Weird

Kiwi

PainterWoman
09-27-2007, 11:39 PM
I WAS depressed and now am not... so much. This DH (#2) is so fun to travel with I wasn't ready to come home even after 2 weeks in hotel rooms. Kinda cramped, you know? Loved all the new and old parts of New England we saw. Only made it as far north as Brunswick, Me and Burlington Vt, but will try harder next time.

We liked Portland, Me and Rockport, Ma and Hanover and Middlebury Vt very much. Although DH is enamored of NH... all that rock-hard granite!!

I've joined WW. Hm. I'm going to try to get back to you guys, because your kindness (which is beyond measure) will definitely be needed as I face the shame of my lard inspired girth. (Sug, thanks for the image!!)

Kiwi- I appreciate your Cancer Cure walk, too!:hug: And if it can't be waxed with Pride (or Pledge), fuggedabout it!!
Bagz- sorry to hear bout your friend. And was delighted to hear of the Pink Shirt Solidarity brigade.
Peaches- hope that the lcp and work drama settles down. I think the cabbage salad suggestion might rev things UP again!;)

Wabbs- It is strange to find yourself with people you thought you knew who all of a sudden just aren't interesting, no? May I borrow your Grand Canyon line? I'm thinking of Old and Magnificent. Maybe "deep" thrown in. The Wide is evident. (we have a refrigerator magnet that says Life is Short but Wide.)

My daughter has used ATA and Air Trans... she wasn't thrilled. You get what you pay for was her conclusion.....

Bagzz
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Bruce Is On The Today Show Today---i Am Sooooooooooooo Happy!!!

Cowpernia
09-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I am so p-o-ed off. I've walking every morning and it helps with depression. I go out of the house .8 miles down to the highway and back. I walk on the road when there's no traffic and in the grass or in the gully when there is. It's not ideal but the alternative is driving 20 minutes to Lake Hudda and that's an expense in gas. So today, I went out and there in front of my house, on the other side of the street, was a man with a little bag. He was walking and hitchhiking and looking at stuff. Creeped me totally out and I'm afraid to ever walk here again lest he jump out of the woods.

Painty, I don't have work drama. I have non-work drama and it isn't actually so dramatic.

Kiwonk
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Ew, creepy. I think you should call the police if you see him again. I mean, maybe he was just looking for bottles (do you have returnable bottles in FL?), but then again, who knows? I would be very p-o'ed too if I had to curtail mywalks because of someonelike that. At the moment I'm getting p-o'ed at this keyboard because the spacebar only half works, and I'm getting tired ofgoing back and fixing things. But being a perfectionist, it is very hard toleave all these crammed together words alone. :mad:

Bagzie, I missed Bruce on the TodayShow. I'm debating whether to tell DH that he isplaying in Boston in November. It would make a nice birthday present for me, now wouldn't it?

Hey, it's raining. No, it stopped raining, it'sjust blowing. Blowing leaves all over the yard. I going to bake a cake. Isn't there a song about that? I promise not to leave it out in the rain.

Oo, now the sun's out.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Ah , Germans! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070928/od_nm/germany_chimney_dc_1)

Bagzz
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
that was hi larry assssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peachers i am always creeped out when i walk alone,so i try to stay in neighbourhoods----we have a lovely oceanside walk that i will not do alone even though you usually meet nice people out dog walking---both my friends with dogs walk alone all over the place but they have growling canines to protect them!!!----

Kiwonk
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
To be honest, I rarely think twice about walking by myself. Usually I have the pupster with me, but not a leash (unless I'm on the road), so she runs up to people and jumps on them for me. :lol: She did back off from one guy when we were walking one time (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1452297&postcount=27), so I suppose she might be some protection. I always bring her with me when I'm swimming alone. :lol3:

eww, I was thinking of registering on this site (https://myford.fordvehicles.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=MyFord/Page/LogOnPage&BackToLogin=MyFord%2FPage%2FHomePage%26origref%3Dh ttp%3A%2F%2Fsearch.fordvehicles.com%3A8080%2FKanis aSupportSite%2FsearchEntryFord.do%3FsearchString%3 D2002%26originCode%3D0%26product%3DSG_Ford&origref=http%3A//www.myford.fordvehicles.com/), but I am so repelled by the photo on the front of the site, that I'm not sure I will. Actually I went back and I see there is a different photo every time you look at it. The first was of a girl, maybe college aged or younger, who looked a bit like J-Lo, but was dressed like a teen, and she was kneeling on her bed grinning like an idiot, with her laptop in front of her on the bed. Is this supposed to attract horny middle-aged men? The 2nd time I went there, there was a nerdy guy with a soul patch, and the 3rd time there were 3 cute young girls wearing tank tops, crowded together looking at a laptop. Oh brother.

Prolly ought to go cook something.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-29-2007, 12:13 AM
I am at that site now hitting refresh over and over. The pictures look like Lands End ads so far. Yeah, I see a girl lying on a sofa with a laptop. Weird.

If Bagz, who lives in Canada where everyone is nice, is weirded out walking alone then I will not walk alone either. To clarify about the man, he was on the other side of the street and looking over there. He was directly in front of my house and the other side of the street is woods. I don't know what he was looking at but it was in the other direction.

I told my boss at the supermarket that I want to go fulltime when the opportunity presents itself. I don't make the money there I need but:
* I like working around a lot of people.
* I like the management.
* I save money because there are not clothes to buy.
* I see all the food and ways to save and new foods to buy.

Here's a site that just puzzles me. I looked for it after reading that people like to do this but ... why?

Kiwonk
09-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh yeah, I saw that girl too, but the one sitting on the bed really looks like jail-bait.

What site?

k

Cowpernia
09-29-2007, 08:08 AM
this one (http://www.dailydiapers.com/)

weird customer of the day: Two men bought a bunch of eating-outdoors stuff and one remembered they needed ice. The other volunteered to fetch the ice and brought back 3 bags. First man said the ice didn't look good. "That's been sitting around for a while." Other man acted like this was normal and said he'd get other ice. He took 2 bags and returned with 2 bags which he said wasn't much better. First man was not pleased but gave up. People will amaze.

Bagzz
09-29-2007, 11:01 AM
that is grosssssssssssssssssss peachers-----it felt like i was at a porn site----creeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!!!!!!!

PainterWoman
09-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Peaches-- sorry about the creepy man. How long will you stay in before you think he's gone for good? It was so good to hear you feeling better and knowing that the walks helped.

My computer is SO slow today. I don't know what to do(or remove) to make it faster. But DH is thinking of getting MORE cable TV..... I'm trying to think of it as a plus... one thing with him, I always know where he is!!

Best to all.

Kiwonk
09-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Peaches, that is a porn site! Bad girl! :rollpin: But I like the explanation on that page, especially thisafter all, it's just another form of underwear.

Painty, have you defragged your puter lately?

Gotta go to a party. Oh poor me, eh?

C U L8R

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Is not a porn site. Astronauts wear diapers.

Kiwonk
09-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Astronauts wear diapers.True, but I'll bet most of them don't take pictures of themselves wearing them and share them over the internet... :lol:

Party was great, my cake was almost alllllllll eaten. I am mostly packed and we're leaving in the morning. Hail to the south! We'll be there soon!

Kiwi

PainterWoman
10-01-2007, 03:31 AM
If porn sites help you lose weight... (or your appetite) is that a good thing? I don't want to see anything involving diapers, though! I hope I'm too young for Depends, and I've been there/done that with Pampers, etc.

Kiwi... where South are you going? Something strange happened several months ago and since then when I boot up there are two error messages. I think one of them interrupts the back and forth loading websites... Although I must say that some sites load instantly.... 3FC ISN'T one of them... Nor is Weightwachers. Calorieking, however, comes in instantly.

Glad you didn't have to suffer leftovers from you party cake!!
TTFN, y'all.

Bagzz
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
i would like to register a complaint---sugarbuns seems to be AWOL a bit too often---i would like more regular updates----i must check her blog and see if she is paying more attention to ex-pats than she is to US,her ALMA COWMATERS !!!!!----painty---are you getting chance to paint at all??? we loved it when you would post your fantastic creations!! esp the sheepppppppp!!!|----kiwi usually tries to check in when she is away so we will await her arrival and hopefully be posted on her exotic southern life!!!===peachers!!! what's up with the full time possibility at the store???---news news--lets have some news!!!--------------and of course kiss kiss kiss to darling wabby----SHATZI HAS DESERTED US AND WE MAY HAVE TO TRACK HER DOWN AND LOCK HER IN THE CORRAL!!!----AM I MISSING ANYONE???I HAVE MENO-MIND----IT'S LACKING-----i did stop with the dizzy spells or whatever they were,thank heavens----right now i am procrastinating---i need to get to work----ta-ra,cow-ee--ooooooooooosssssssssssss

Cowpernia
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I have found another reason to not walk ... there is a snake in my yard !! it is black snake so not really scary but stilllllllllllllll other snakes could come, too. My bad cat, when he was young, was spotted by me carrying a black snake in his mouth. I couldn't find him just now.

I have no news. What is your news? Do you have a snake??? Kiwi went to SC didn't she?

Shots will not come back. She liked us while her life was upside down but when got the wonderful high-paying super job, she thought of us no more. That is my prediction.

Cowpernia
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's so (http://www.freecycle.org/)mething I've just become aware of. There are these groups all over the US (don't know about Canada) where people give stuff away that they don't want. There's even one near Dogpatch. I found people asking for plants and baby clothes and other people giving away a desk and ... I don't remember but there was stuff.

Cowpernia
10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
It is wrong that I should be the only person to post here. I have exercised today, drank a kefir smoothie, petted the cat and there is no one to talk about it to. :(

Bagzz
10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
i just swatted the cat off the kitchen table,am eating a sunflower seed bread and crunchy peanut butter sandwich and i am going for a walk--there are two cruise ships and in the harbour so there will be a nice view. so there,cat ,walk,grain heavy snack!!!i am just like you.

Cowpernia
10-02-2007, 02:16 PM
If I am like Bagz, then I will walk on clouds all day.

Bagzz
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
that would be FOG,if you remember correctly!!!---how DARE kiwonk not notify us as soon as she arrived!!! she is looking for a cowpie to the pusser.

Kiwonk
10-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Oh Good God I spent a really long time writing a long annoying and involved post which promptly got eaten by the stupid internet. You are just lucky I don't have the energy to rewrite it.

Suffice to say we are not going to SC, we are stopping in NC, to visit my family, and I'm going to fly home from there. We have not arrived anywhere because this trip is not about arriving, we are helping some friends drive their RV to Florida, doing it the very leisurely way, stopping at campgrounds and friends and relative's houses. I will have internet access off and on. I am already tired.

Kiwi

SugP
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I am here. Sorry about not posting. Still feeling blechhh and kind of depressed.

It's a holiday today - German Reunification Day. You know, celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall and all that. Wheee.

Woke up with a HUMONGOUS headache that isn't going away. Must go lie down.

More later.

Bagzz
10-03-2007, 10:55 PM
sugarbuns!! that is terrible--i am so sorry you feel depressed----i imagine if you are feeling physically crappy,that will add to the down feelings----IS THE EFFIN DR NOT LOOKING AFTER YOU PROPERLY?????----or do you just need to have a break???? whatever it is ,you know you can come here and kvetch or snark,or bark or mooo or whatever is most appealing----THIS GETTING OLD IS QUITE VEXING!!!!---- on another note-,dd23's danish man is coming for a two week visit next week---dd has made him promise--- if they end up together {which they are both planning on at the moment}----to live in Canada---she thinks that no matter how much she loves him,she needs to live here---i am quite relieved to tell the truth----she said he is fine with it,as he was raised until around 10 years in England and even thought he speaks three languages,he "thinks" in English---kiwonk!!! thanks for dropping by-----are you flying from FLORIDA???? i don't quite get it,but i know we prefer you in the pine trees!!!

Kiwonk
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I know, I don't quite get it either :lol: Actually when we stop in NC at my sister's, I will be "getting off the bus". I will spend a few more days with my family, then fly back home from there; DH will go on to Fla. with the RV. He'll be coming home later.

Sorry you feel so carpy, Sug, I wish we could hang out and commiserate together! Somehow, a good mutual whinefest is cleansing. Today talking with the woman we are visiting at the moment (they were closer friends with the couple we are travelling with than with us), I discovered that we share the same obscure exasperating allergy -- apples, pears etc. Crazy.

We had thai food tonight. It was yummy. I have been having way too much yummy food and drink. Spent the day in Plymouth -- we toured the Mayflower II, which was actually very interesting, wandered around the town, saw some historic sites etc., and the fabulous and exciting Plymouth Rock. Oy. It's a rock, cleverly disguised to look like a tourist attraction...

I am so glad to hear about your DD's plans for the future, Bagz! I know how relieved you must feel!

Tomorrow we are hoping to catch DD for a late breakfast and then we are off to a campground in western Connecticut. Will not be back online more than likely until Delaware, but you never know. Hoping all are having a lovely fall week. The weather here is primo, couldn't ask for nicer.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
when will we see pictures of Kiwi standing by Plymouth Rock?

people you want to kick: man and woman customer. He: 50s. She: older. I tell her bill is sixty-seven fifty-two. I see her writing check fifty-seven fifty-two so I tell her I'm sorry but she misunderstood. She tells man to write the check. He does, signs his name to it by habit, tears it up and snaps at her "Write your own check." I tell her she can see on the screen how much it is and he says "She can't see it. That's the problem." She writes a new check, slowly, and he says "77 years old and she acts like a two-year-old." He leaves her there writing the check.

I have a question about supermarkets. Ours caters to customers but I wonder how people act in other stores. Last night, a man had a gallon of milk in his order and I told him it was leaking. He said he'd better get another one. I told him he could pay for it then go get it. This was a big strong man and the milk is in the back of the store. So I ring it up, he pays and says, "Get somebody to go get it for me." There was no one around. I couldn't leave the register with people behind him. I had to get customer service to call someone from another part of the store to fetch the milk. Does this happen in less expensive areas?

I have decided to write a screenplay. Need encouragement.

PainterWoman
10-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Poor Sug--- Do you go lurk when you are unhappy, too? I hope that most of your absence has just been the whirl of happy Autumnal events... but many of us wrestle with the blue meanies.

Peaches, I have no idea what to tell you about the less than kind, and less than autonomous customers you have. There are days when I'd rather just phone in my order.

Kiwi.. good luck on the RV transport. CT sounds great. This week is a huge sheep and wool festival in New York, but you'll already be too far south of it.

Discouraged by WW weigh in this morning, even though it was a loss. How's that for odd. At home I can rationalize a "stay the same weight over the period of a week... but having to go out, in public, AND pay, and sacrifice even a single bite of sweet deliciousness just doesn't add up the way I'd like. It makes me want to drink. (And I thought that was a genetic issue that didn't have anything to do with me.) HA!

Bagzz
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
kiwonkers your trip sounds wonderful--and esp the lovely weather!!! this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so we are having dinner at sissy's with about FIFTY people invited---the university dolls will be descending upon us,the brother and wife from Ottawa, various and sundry relatives in the area and several friends---i am making pies tonight with Sissy----tomorrow evening i am going to a wedding---my EX husband's to be exact!!!he is marrying a lovely woman and the my/our girls are singing----it is at a new venue overlooking the St John River--should be lovely,the weather looks great----the next evening i am hosting a birthday bash for my mother who is turning 72,and dh's mother who is turning 80 this month!!!! holy crap--i think i will faint away after the weekend is finished-----the following weekend dd is bringing home her Danish Delight,and i am expecting visitors as well,the next weekend we have visitors from halifax ----------------i am tired thinking of all this---perhaps i should have a nap===but i can't as i have to fix up the bedrooms for the uni-guests--------------someone pray for me,or perhaps i will join painty and start drinking---------------ONE MORE THING----PEACHERS----that story about the mean man made me sad and mad-----imagine getting to the age of 77 and having someone treat you with such disrespect----that man must have been acting like that his whole life----i will join you in sending him a virtual kick in the arse-----and the other man----you should have let him leak that stinky milk all over his car!!ha!

Kiwonk
10-05-2007, 12:48 AM
when will we see pictures of Kiwi standing by Plymouth Rock?Try and stop me.
... He does, signs his name to it by habit, tears it up and snaps at her "Write your own check."...he says "77 years old and she acts like a two-year-old."
Right -- who's the 2 yr old? What a jerk. That kind of thing always worries me -- much like if you saw someone treat their child like that, you would wonder what happens when they are not in public -- plenty of elderly people are abused by their children or caregivers.
Ours caters to customers but I wonder how people act in other stores. Stores in my area all cater to the customers too, but you rarely see anyone act like that. I've often had the cashier send someone to get something for me, but I would never ask them to do it. I think it's disgusting how some people think it's okay to order the world around like servants.
I have decided to write a screenplay. Need encouragement.Excellent! What a great idea! What's it about, are you that far yet?
this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so we are having dinner at sissy's with about FIFTY people invited-Good lord, Bagz, you're exhausting me with that list!!
This week is a huge sheep and wool festival in New York, but you'll already be too far south of it.
Cool! One year when I was driving south by myself, I went to a sheep herding competition in Maryland. That was interesting.

This morning we pulled the RV onto DD's campus and parked it by the music building and fixed breakfast for her! She is doing fine, very busy. She says she can't see how she'd have time to try out for any of the fall shows -- she had hoped to get involved in the musicals or theater. Too bad, I don't think she will be performing in anything I can come to see this semester. Oh how I miss that, eh Bagz?!!

Mostly today we drove. I took a nap. Never before in the history of transportation have I taken a really nice nap while riding down the road; it was rather heavenly (I went and laid down on the bed in the back of the RV). We got to a state park in Connecticut where we were supposed to be able to camp and it turned out to have been closed 2 days ago for the "season" -- Can you imagine? Closing for the season right at the height of fall colors and in the midst of beautiful weather? Not very impressive. So we ended up in a little campground that's okay, nothing great. At least the person running it is very nice and we have water and power. Tomorrow we will be in Delaware, and stay at an old friend's house who used to be my favorite drinking buddy. Uhoh.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Baggz: Your itinerary sounds exhausting to me... but lots of fun, too. I hope you are an expert at rounding up lots of help and then delegating chores. Then it might be doable. Isn't it lovely when you can tolerate your Ex and his current goings on? It only took me 15 years or so. (About as long as we were married, come to think of it....)

Warning: weight info:
An unexpected NSV from WW is that I had a divine piece of cake at my ladies' group last night with NO GUILT. I've been conscientious about writing down all my food, quantities, points, etc. etc. and I had "enough" to have a decent sized piece! No guilt meant no binge late at night when I got home, hence no reflux, etc. etc.

DH took the day off and took me out to brunch where I was happily back on the wagon: Modified BLT at IHOP and a bowl of fresh fruit... for which we weren't charged because the waitress seemed to think it was equivalent to french fries. Whoo hoo.

Just saying-- losing the guilt might be better than losing the weight!

Cowpernia
10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I have a moral question. A local prosecutor was caught in a sting operation when he was traveling somewhere to have sex with a 5-year-old. He told the cop/mom that he had done this plenty of times and knew how to go about it without hurting her. They have shown no evidence that he has done this before. He tried to hang himself in his cell, was put on suicide watch, taken off and now has successfully killed himself.

So .. was he a devil who deserved to be caught and prosecuted OR was he a person with creepy sexual tastes that he may never have acted on if the police had not gone out of their way to do this? It seems he never did anything to a child. Was the intention enough?

In other news, I'm on page 6 and have a new hobby of eating Twizzlers. You can buy them in huge bags and they have no flavor so you don't get tired of them.

You know how old toilets have a rusty chain in the tank that pulls up the stopper? Well, my new toilet has a plastic thing connecting the two parts and actually, I guess, it's part of the stopper. It broke. What should I do? I can't hire anyone to fix it so ..... tell me how to fix it.

Kiwonk
10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello from Gloucester, VA! We are in a campground right on a river and it's hot like the middle of summer. Today we are seeking a crab shack for lunch and will drive around the Yorktown area historical stuff. Good thing the RV is air conditioned or we'd be some sweaty.

An unexpected NSV from WW is that I had a divine piece of cake at my ladies' group last night with NO GUILT. I've been conscientious about writing down all my food, quantities, points, etc. etc. and I had "enough" to have a decent sized piece! No guilt meant no binge late at night good plan, Painty! what's nsv?

I have a moral question...Was the intention enough? I don't know the answer to that. It seems that almost everyone in this country thinks that it is okay to entrap people into a crime and then arrest them as if they really did it, especially sex crimes. People are so freaked out about pedophiles that they are willing to tar huge groups of people with the same brush as the real monsters who have committed heinous crimes. I think it's wrong. Sure, you would like prevent any child-related crime, but you can't do that in a society that respects the rule of law, you can only hope to discourage it. Suppose we decided to widen the field to child abuse, who wouldn't want to prevent child abuse, right? If they could figure out a way to entrap someone who "thought" of hitting a child, can you imagine? Many's the imagined crime I've not committed. Actually I don't think anything like that would ever happen, because I don't think it's real justice people are after, or even crime prevention, I think it's the titillation factor that fuels it. Horrible to say, right? I think it's true. Think about how rabid homophobes act. Logically if you hated homosexuality, you would try to stay as far away from it as possible, right? Not the case though, homophobes are often all over the issue like they are obsessed with it at the same time they are afraid of it.
In other news, I'm on page 6 and have a new hobby of eating Twizzlers...they have no flavor so you don't get tired of them.:lol: :woohoo: on the writing!
You know how old toilets have a rusty chain in the tank that pulls up the stopper? Well, my new toilet has a plastic thing connecting the two parts and actually, I guess, it's part of the stopper. It broke.I think you can replace the whole part at the hardware store. Take the broken piece in with you, along with the stopper if you can. The nice men at the store can tell you how to put it back in too! (I love hardware stores)

My darlingD went home this weekend (as predicted) and hadn't even set foot in the house until last night -- stayed at the bf's house. Those two don't seem to get the "whole house to ourselves" concept. :lol: They both have a 4 day weekend for some reason. Columbus Day, plus dd's professors cancelled most of the classes on Tuesday. Go figure.

Later cowsies
Kiwi

Bagzz
10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
ohhhhhhhh my goodness,i am sooooo tired!!!thankfully it all went well,and everyone is back in their rightful places---the house still need alot of cleaning,but the wedding was beautiful---it was actually outdoors at a new venue overlooking a ferry landing---http://www.town.grandbay-westfield.nb.ca/river_center/interior.html

the granny b-day party went well,although i was up til 2 am doing dishes cause i had to be at the Aids Clinic to help PAINT the gathering room on sunday {and eight on saturday too,if the truth be known!!}---yesterday's dinner was also a success but HELLO,having all these events in one weekend was staggering!!!----i cannot imagine how those important people with the packed schedules can stand their lives----i loooooooooooove having NOTHING TO DO!!---your trip kiwonk sounds so wondeful--just travelling around,eating,visiting,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sounds divine-----------i should go for a walk now to help me with my sleeping---i was up four times last night----and to top it all off---our poor 14 year old kitty Ashes is not eating and barely drinking anything and looks to be on her way out.blah.

SugP
10-08-2007, 05:40 PM
:thanks2: Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, Bagzie! I haven't been keeping up, was the wedding separat from the dinner with 50 people? We had dinner for four and that was enough work for me.

Still feeling very, very weird and have spent the past few days playing Name the Body Part that DOESN'T hurt. Will try to pull myself together enough to post tomorrow.

Shy Moment
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Cowpernia

First the mans INTENT is more than enough. It isn't like he changed his mind. This is a sicko and needs to be put away forever. Doesn't matter if it is a set up that got him caught. Lots of sick people out there will allow that kind of stuff to be done with their children. You can't be set up for something you won't do. Could have just as easily been one of those kids instead of a set up.

Second, the toilet. Go to home depot or one of those places. Take the broken part. They will give you what you need to replace it. Not hard at all.

Cowpernia
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I know Bagz doesn't like it when I do this but I feel like singing.

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD
JUST BECAUSE MY FEET ARE TOO BIG FOR MY HEAD
NOTHING SEEMS TO FIT
OH I NEVER STOPPED A RAIN BY COMPLAINING
BLAH BLAH BLAH
NOTHING"S WORRYING MEEEEE EE EE EE

I'm on page 12. I need 120 pages. I don't have that much material so will have to invent more.

So nice that Bagz and ex and everybody gets along. Not me. I am not nice.

SugP
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Peachy - I have (figuratively) lost the thread and have the attention span of a gnat. Page 12 of what?? A novel? A biography? A bovine self-help book?

Cowpernia
10-09-2007, 11:29 PM
NO, Darling Lard Blossom, I am writing a screen play. Remember years ago when I wrote a few short stories? There was one I held back and didn't submit anywhere. I really liked the characters and didn't want to let go of it. I'm making it into a screenplay. It's fun but boy, these things are long. You have to READ other ones that it takes forever.

SugP
10-10-2007, 04:41 AM
NO, Darling Lard Blossom, I am writing a screen play.

Ooooh YES, a screenplay! That's wonderful. You'll be famous. I do remember your short stories and I loved them.

Kiwonk
10-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Remember years ago when I wrote a few short stories?I thought that was just last month :dizzy:

First the mans INTENT is more than enough. Bullsh*t. If we're going to throw everybody in prison who considers committing a crime, this is nothing more than a police state. Making a date with a police officer is not a crime. That is why entrapment is a great big gray area, not the tie-up-in-a-bow solution most people seem to think it is.

Still feeling very, very weird and have spent the past few days playing Name the Body Part that DOESN'T hurt. Will try to pull myself together enough to post tomorrow.Hope so -- feel better :hug:

-our poor 14 year old kitty Ashes is not eating and barely drinking anything and looks to be on her way out.blah.Oh, I'm so sorry, poor kitty!

We have arrived at my sister's house and parked the RV in the driveway, rolled out the awning, and were considering putting out lawn chairs and the bbq and hanging some laundry, when my sis came home. :lol: Finally, the temps have cooled down some. 94 degrees in October, even in Va. and NC -- just t'ain't normal.

Must attempt to go to bed. We're accompanying my mom to the fitness pool session tomorrow. Apparently Thursday is Pilates in the pool day. Cool, huh? Hope I can keep up with seniors.

Kiwi

SugP
10-11-2007, 03:54 AM
We have arrived at my sister's house and parked the RV in the driveway, rolled out the awning, and were considering putting out lawn chairs and the bbq and hanging some laundry, when my sis came home. :lol:
Kiwi

Will send U some fake grass and pink flamingos to complete the look. Sis will be thrilled.:beach:

I can't believe it's been so warm in the east. On our news they keep saying it's 32C in New York while it's only 10C here. No fair. Even though it's the middle of October.

Cowpernia
10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Bravo on the police state comment, Kiwi!

I hope Ashes is better. I didn't remember her name but I remember her. She used to sit at the door to the basement and wait to let down there. Bagz claimed that was where the cat box was but I think that was catnip at the very least.

I remember having an instant conversation with Bagzdd2 when she was home alone on Bagz's anniversary. The dd was afraid to be alone and wanted the kitty to keep her company but kitty was downstairs and wouldn't come up. I offered to wait by the puter while she ran down and fetched kitty. That worked. Bagz had German food for anniversary.

My ds is deciding to go to school one more year. He got he AA while in high school and had two years to the the BS at UF. Turns out UF is harder than other schools he's attended and he's spending time studying one for class and not attending others. So he's planning to drop one math class, and take the two semesters next year to complete two minors. I'm glad he's figuring out what works for him but I'm disappointed, too. I can't support him and wanted him successfully moving on in life.

Oh well

Ruthxxx
10-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi there! Just popping in to see if anyone has heard from Schatzi. She used to be in South Beach a lot but hasn't been spotted for ages. Anybody know? I've tried emails and PMs but no reply and am getting pretty worried.

SugP
10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi Ruthxxx,

I think we've all been wondering the same thing. Haven't heard a peep from her since I don't know when. :(:(:(

Schatz - appear!!

Ruthxxx
10-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I have her phone number and may give her a call. I hope all is well and that she's just really busy with the new job. Strange because she hasn't posted since August 1 although she did log on towards the end of that month. If I have any luck, I'll post a report for y'all.

Edited to add: Just called and got voicemail. Left message to email me.

Bagzz
10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
how sweet of you Ruth---let us know for sure--i think i got a joke email from her about two weeks ago---she often sends on little videos and the like----well,i wonder how our darling wabby is doing---WABBY---say something!!!===let us know if you moved or not----are you still at the same mailing address???? what if someone needs to start buying chickenbones and has nowhere to send them---the Christmas candy is coming out soon and i am VOWING to send things ON TIME this year---FIRST TIME EVER----NEVER TOO LATE TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF----on that note i was offended by a radio announcer today---he said that all people fifty and older could come to a SENIOURS meeting----seniours !!! I REFUSE TO BE CALLED ONE,NO MATTER HOW MUCH HAIR DYE IT MAY TAKE-------------i have to say kiwonkers---you are having way too much fun---get back home here make supper!!!!

Bagzz
10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
one more thing---the new pic in my avatar is the view from where mr IRVING is planning to build an OIL refinery in my hometown--he already has ONE but he thinks he needs two----no sense looking for alternate energy sources like THE HIGHEST TIDES IN THE WORLD AT OUR FEET when you can stink up the town with smelly stinky oil crap.

Cowpernia
10-12-2007, 12:59 AM
That's infuriating Bagz. Money money money money. Are we demonstrating against this? That picture is so beautiful.

I was thinking about the comment that it's intent that counts. I don't know how far the local news reaches but a 14-year-old boy was killed at a local boot camp last year on his 1st or 2nd day there. He was kind of little. A bunch of guards and a nurse stood around him and did stuff til he died. Their intent was not to kill him. Here's from a news report.

Walsh detailed how he used pressure points behind the boy's ear and made him inhale ammonia to get his attention. He also said he used hammer strikes on his arms to get him to unclench his fists.

So they were trying to get his attention and make him stop making fists. I think they did this & other stuff for an hour. They showed film of two of them lifting his lifeless body by the arms. So .. if they didn't intend to kill him, it's ok?

I don't even know why he was there. He stole a his granny's car, had a stay-away-injuction-thingie (what are they called?) against him to stay away from school but he went to the school ... and then to boot camp. Doesn't sound violent or anything.

I am reading screen plays and finding some obtuse. Two guys look for something. It must be here. Trouble if they don't find it. Was mentioned the will as valuable and said it was here. ..Blah blah ... 20 minutes in to the film you learn what they're looking for. Is this normal? I hate it.

Kiwonk
10-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Ruthxxx, the last email I got from Schatzi was at least 3 weeks ago and she mentioned that her laptop only connected through her work network, so she hoped to fix that so that she could post online. I just emailed her too.

Oy I'm tired. My RV friend, my mom and I went to the pool pilates class and they totally wore me arse out. Then we went out to lunch and did a little shopping, helped my stepdad with his computer, came back to my sis's house and attempted to deal with WILD BOYS and their homework, helped with dinner and now I'm apooped.

Tomorrow the RV is going on to Fla. I lhave been keeping a big pot of mums in the shower (of the RV), which are an anniversary present for my sis and her dh. I hope I don't forget them in the morning.

I am looking forward to getting home and picking up my doggie. There's a lot of stuff I am doing in the meantime that I should be looking forward to, but let's face it, this visiting stuff is exhausting!

Thanks for the decorating advice, Sug, I was wondering about a rocking chair on the roof, but perhaps that is a little too too. If it makes you feel any better, the temperature dropped like a rock last night, and it was cool today, and cold tonight. Still shorts weather though...

Peachie, I can understand your disappointment about DS's thoughts of taking another year, but I can understand how it would make sense too. Especially if some of his classes take so much time he can't do justice with others. It's a tough call. DD's bf has found himself in a situation where his major suddenly looks like a 5 year program instead of the promised 4 (in his case, it kind of looks like false advertising on the university's part), and he is making some decisions that he didn't think he'd have to, like whether to spend a couple of summers in summer session, and whether to alter his major from math education to straight math.

Bagz, you are not a senior. Believe me, I saw my share of seniors today and you may not count yourself among them. No way. For one thing, they are all about a foot shorter than they used to be.

Seriously, my parents have gotten noticeably shorter. Maybe they should spend some time in the space shuttle. Didn't John Glenn go for a ride a while back and come home taller?

And yeah, that is disgusting about Irving. Even if they do have the best gas station bathrooms.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Kiwi, what's ddbf majoring in? My ds says only engineering students take 5 years.

I am eating ice cream out of the container. Pretzel caramel.

Bagzz
10-12-2007, 11:39 PM
pretzel caramel!! that sounds fabulous----last night i had 'egg nog' ice cream and it was sublime----tonight we had a bday party for sissy who turns forty eight this week----at mother's===it was fun but after last weekend i am soooooooo looking forward to doing NOTHing-----i do have to work,but i have my girl working for me so i can come and go as i please---we had 33 cruise ships visit port last year----55 this year and they just announced that next year we will be having 89!!!! i am so happy----it really makes a more festive season with the boats--they are so beautiful and i love all those americans---most of them are delightful---esp the southerners====i love their accents---the new york/new jersey ones are funny and fun {a few bossy crabs,but mostly nice}-----it will make the dreary months of jan,feb and march more bearable!!!======I AM GLAD YOU ARE COMING HOME KIWONK--- for some reason i need to have you closer !!!! no reason ----just like thinking of you in your own house with your own doggie!!!====

Kiwonk
10-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Kiwi, what's ddbf majoring in? My ds says only engineering students take 5 years. He was planning to do a math education major, which is actually a double major. The university told him that it was a 4 year degree; I think he actually asked when he was deciding on colleges. Now he finds that the course load and course scheduling will require at least some summer school and a tough schedule during the year, and there will still not be any guarantee that he can finish in 4 years because of possible class cancellations. He was pretty discouraged when he found that out and decided to change it to just math. He hated the education course that he had begun this year anyway; he thought it was stupid. :dunno:
it really makes a more festive season with the boats--they are so beautiful and i love all those americans---most of them are delightful---esp the southerners====i love their accents-That's neat. Southerners can be quite entertaining. There was a group of them at Plymouth Rock when we were there, and one of them asked, in her very lovely accent, why they didn't just uncover the whole rock so we could see it all. The tour guide replied that "they don't want you to know how big it is"

Thanks for wanting me to be home! I need to go home after tonight! My parents and I took my sis's 3 kids to dinner at my parents' dining room (retirement complex), then I had to get them to bed. The kids were good at dinner, although my mom kept nagging at them for no good reason, but at home they were hideous trying to get them to bed. Little A, the 4 year old, was not too bad, she's hard to say no to, but she was sweet. But the boys drove me crazy.

Gotta go to bed. We are going to a 9 am football game -- of 7 year old boys. Oh joy.

Ta!

Kiwi

PainterWoman
10-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Yay me: 2 whole weeks of WW compliance. I'd been starving before I went the first time (which of course, they don't realize... they think I've lost 3.5 pounds, but it's actually closer to 10.:carrot:

Bought 2 tubes of PAINT to celebrate.

Baggz... the photo is gorgeous. I'm surprised it's "just" Mr. Irving and not BP or Exxon or someone.

Cowper-- I did hear about the dismay upon the jury verdict with the Boot Camp case. It seems that, like Abu Ghraib, there was no excuse for what the "guards/trainers" did.

But, c'mon... stealing grandmother's car? Violating a protective order? If someone went to the trouble of getting a protective order AND was actually granted one, there was a reason. He couldn't have much of a sense of appropriate boundaries.. i.e., what's his, what's not. If FL is at all like Texas, some judge had a choice of sending him to adult prison or a "special prison." I don't imagine he would have fared well at a prison full of adult men, either. It doesn't mean he should have beaten and killed... don't get me wrong.

Kiwi-- traveling is challenging! Hope you can go home and rest! I missed the bit about a rocking chair on the roof. It sounds like Tevye or something. Hope the roofs there aren't pitched as steep as ours. It is still in the high 80's during the day here. Jeez.

DS did astrophysics and physics with a minor in math as an undergrad... took an extra year for a MA in education. He was certainly employable! though we had a few nailbiting months prior to graduation.

I am amazed and impressed that both my kids finished their undergraduate programs in 4 years. Think it had anything to do with the fact that there was only an offer of 4 years of tuition payments? ;) DS had to be especially cagey to take the classes he needed at the right time, because they weren't offered every semester. (Probably economical for the college, but tricky for students who didn't yet know how to plan ahead.) I've heard of students suiing when there aren't enough sections of required classes.

My cousin told me that his son has now been attending junior college for 5 years!!! Actually, my cousin wasn't good at school stuff... though he started, maintained and just sold a very profitable business. Dyslexic possibly. Wouldn't surprise me if his son was cut from the same cloth.

Happy weekend to all.

Bagzz
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
before i start ranting,let me tell you about my poor dying kitty----she wasn't complaining of pain---or at least she seemed comfortable whenever i picked her up---I rocked her in the rocking chair everyday and this morning before i went to work,she came and found me in the living room and i picked her up and rocked her ----when i got home from work i went looking for her----she had gone into the living room and laid down on the carpet--------when i found her,she had her poor sweet eyes still open,she was still warm but she had passed on. I was sooooooo sad,but i am glad she was here and loved and not taken to the cold steel table to get a needle-----if she had been crying or unable to move or gave some indication of pain,i would have opted for euthanasia but she just slipped away -------------poor Ashes---14 good years,an outdoor cat and a very pretty girl was she--------------sooooooooooooooooooooo congrats on the ww compliance there Painty!!!! it is pretty hard to stick to those point totals---they are very skimpy i do recall!!!!----we are still fighting here in our community to KEEP OUR UNIVERSITY!!!! the stupid government would like to turn it into a polytechnic college and only offer first year or maybe second year courses in degree programs----we have been marching and protesting and petitioning for weeks and the government still has not acquiesced.It is very frustrating as we have so many kids who can only afford to go the local university due to the crazy tuition fees everywhere----i went to UNBSJ,my nieces and nephews did ,my daughter does and the whole town is having a fit about this stupid proposal-----This whole province is virtually run by big business {Irvings again} and we all think this is just a ploy to churn out tradespeople for as long as Irving needs them to build his new oil refinery and his LNG terminal---depressing. The good news is---KIWI IS COMING NORTH---GUESS WHAT KIIIIIIIIIIII----THEY HAD FLURRIES IN NORTHERN NEW BRUNSWICK TODAY!!HAHAHAAAAAAAA---HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!------

Cowpernia
10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
So sorry about your beautiful Ashes. I'm glad you're fighting the government. It is mean of you to take Kiwi away from me.

I have a dilemma. Went out this morning to get the mail from yesterday and this black cat was by the road. Zoom, he runs to me. I didn't want him run over and petted him. Picked him up. Fed him. I guess he's been dumped here as he was hungry. Buttttt if he lives outside my house, he'll beat up my other cat who goes in and out. It's almost Halloween and I don't want creepos to get him.

I take my cats to a cat vet and her office is by where I work. I'd like to get him in there but she won't just take strays, naturally. What to do?

Wabby
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh Bagzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. We get so attached to these pets of ours. My old Lucas dog is getting so old and gray I worry about him all the time.

I went to a water exercise class with my sister, Kiwi. I kept up with the oldsters, but I suddenly felt absolutely geriatric. My sis is the youngster in the class, and she's in terrific shape. The exercise felt great, but I don't like the sensation of my blubber bouncing around under water. It's quite disconcerting.

I've sold the business. I'm here at home in my robe, after 9 am, eating caramel corn and drinking coffee. I haven't bothered to brush my teeth yet. Who knows, I may not bother all day. Actually, I need to get moving here. I'm going to the OB with my daughter for one of her bi-weekly check ups. She's got preclampsia and they may have to deliver baby early. It's been touch and go for weeks now. She's on bed rest and going stir crazy.

My son had sold his house to pay off his ex's share of the equity and her spousal support that they awarded her. All repairs had been done to the house, he had moved all his things out and cleaned. Signed his papers and the buyer just didn't show up for closing. Now the real estate market has turned here, so he thinks he may just keep the house and get an equity loan to pay off his ex. In the mean time, he moved in here with me, but next weekend he's moving back to his place. Last weekend was his visitation weekend, so baby Kaydy was here all weekend with us. We went to the pumpkin patch and rode on the train out to the farm animal petting zoo and climbed on the hay bale pyramid. It was a busy weekend and by the time she went home on Sunday evening, I was beat, but in a good way. I fell asleep in bed sitting up with my glasses still on. Nothing like a 20 month old to wear you out. The cuteness factor with this child is totally off the charts.

Cowpernia
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
So wonnnnnnderful to hear from Wabby (who lives closer to me than she does to Bagz). I know Kaydy is adorable. She takes after Wabby. Isn't it funny how children can be like their parent or grandparent or someone and how can dislike that person but still LOVE the child. I recall ds's grandmother, who didn't like me at all, saying to him, "Well, you love her don't you? I guess you can't help it."

I already told Wabby but for the others, I thought I was being so sneaky by mailing her socks unannounced. I took them to the local satellite post office and the woman had trouble deciding on the postage. Days later, I mailed other socks at a post office and was charged twice as much. So either Wabby will not get her socks or there will be postage due. Some surprise!!

Kiwonk
10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I took an RV, a car, an airplane, a bus, a seat at the opera, another bus, and my car, and finally got home. Today I got my puppy back home, so I am happy.

Kiwi-- traveling is challenging! Hope you can go home and rest! I missed the bit about a rocking chair on the roof. It sounds like Tevye or something. I was thinking more along the lines of Beverly Hillbillies... http://buzznet-23.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users12/cherylshuman/default/CBS_Beverly_Hillbillies_1962-71_Donna_Douglas_as--large-msg-115511998847.jpg

Went out this morning to get the mail from yesterday and this black cat was by the road...... What to do?Humane Society?

I went to a water exercise class with my sister, Kiwi. I kept up with the oldsters, but I suddenly felt absolutely geriatric. My sis is the youngster in the class, and she's in terrific shape. The exercise felt great, but I don't like the sensation of my blubber bouncing around under water. It's quite disconcerting. Hadn't noticed that -- I must not be exercizing hard enough (clearly it is not for lack of blubber...).

Will write more later when the house warms up -- I forgot to put the heat on today and my fingers are like ice!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-15-2007, 11:57 PM
You rode home in a seat at the opera. Way impressed.

There are beautiful people in Canada. I seen them.

SugP
10-16-2007, 06:14 AM
whee! All the cows have checked back into the pasture. Now we just need to find Schatzi cow.

More later. Must go to library and teach the little nippers something. Spent almost all day last Saturday PAINTING said library with a bunch of other crazy volunteers. It's yellow now.

Bagzz
10-16-2007, 11:05 PM
okay,so we are mostly all here {maybe not in the head}---WABBY!!!! so glad to hear of your wonderful weekend with your gorgeous grandbaby---AND it is so exciting to know you will have yet another darling soon!!! your daughter must be so happy to have your support----i can imagine it is very hard dealing with the extra problems that have cropped up----thank heavens the reward is worth the pain!!!====so ,I THINK IT IS TIME WE STOPPED STARING AT THE FENCEPOST AND SOMEONE STARTED A NEW THREAD----SOMEONE----DO IT!!!! COW ALERT!!!