Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #267

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #267

Marti
09-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug:and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

Marti
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Just a quick for now, I'll be back later tonight, much to do today.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!!

suetalks
09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Brrrr..it is cold here this morning. It was 48* when I first went outside. That isn't so bad, but riding the bike with the wind blowing = Brrrrrr. Going to be back to 88* by mid week.
Off to do some of the daily grind stuff...BBL.

FrouFrou
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
SUE...we are having the same weather. Had to dress warm for sure yesterday morning. It didn't get much warmer than that either. Today though, supposed to be 91...weird. Hope you are feeling better.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Nothing going on, not doing anything today so thought I would get on the puter for a little while.

Marti
09-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello girls...

Not a lot going on this weekend. Just kicking back and relaxing. Met a bunch of guys that my hubby works with. Always nice to put a face to the names!

It's looking a lot like Fall around here. Very pretty. Not raining ......yet.

I have an angel cake in the oven so I gotta get. Have a wonderful evening.

Jane
09-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm back and feeling great! I highly recommend a weekend getaway with your girlfriends if you can arrange one. It was so much fun, and I came home feeling better about myself than I have for quite awhile thanks to their insight and wisdom.

I didn't take notes from the last thread, (shame on me!) so for those who've posted on this one -

Marti - how did you come about meeting the guys from James work? Hopefully it was a party, lol. The trees here in S. Indiana are turning, too, and the weather is just gorgeous! Angel food cake is Neal's fave.

Sue - I'm loving the cooler temps and the way the house smells when the windows are open. Will you be riding outside when winter comes, or do something different?

Cristina - what's on the agenda for today?

Well, gals, I have a renewed sense of "I can and will do it!" regarding my weight loss, and have begun again. My plan is to do Weight Watchers, since that worked well for me before. Losing 70 pounds would be fine for me, even though my weight would still be above the "chart" recommended weight for my height - 5'9" - so that is my goal.

I talked with Neal about it this morning, and he's agreed to stop bringing me candy bars all the time. Remember how I made a weight loss scrapbook last time? Plans to redo that are floating around in my head. Although I still don't keep junk food in the house, I'm going to check the cabinets for any potential hazards, lol. Knowing that each of you will help me through this makes it easier. :grouphug:

BBL,

Marti
09-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Morning Ladies--

Just got off my treadmill and got my 2 miles in---I got tangled up on my MP3 player as I was getting off....made me laugh at how clumsy I am! And today is WI and I lost another pound. So I have reached my 3lb lost for this month. :D Lets see if I can lose another before the month is actually over.

Jane--So happy to hear that the trip was a good one. I love the scrapbook idea and keep telling myself I want to make one also....but just haven't done it. I may just have to gather my things and just do it.

Sue & Cristina--How is the weather today in your neck of the woods? We have sprinkles.

Hello to the rest of the girls. I hear my phone beeping...I hope it wasn't work trying to call me while I was walking. Ok, I need to shower and check my phone and you all have a great Monday.

FrouFrou
09-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Happy Monday, Ladies...

Nothing much going on. This weather is weird to say the least. Cool one day and 90 the next. Supposed to be that hot today. But it was nice to go for my walk this morning in shorts again, lol. Thought I was going to have to pull out the sweats.

Jane...glad you had a nice trip. WTG on getting back on track.

Marti...the leaves are turning here also. Not too much but I did notice it some. I've actually lost all the leaves off a tree in the back. It is windy here, bad! and hot again.

Hello to everyone else! :wave:

As I said...I went for my walk this morning and then came home and did the 2 mile WATP. I really am needing some new walking shoes...I've worn the tread down on mine and my feet aren't feeling so good when I do the WATP. Had to run to Target to get a couple of things and now just getting things done around the house.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

suetalks
09-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Morning ladies...Welcome back Jane. Glad your time away rejuvenated you and got you back on track. Maybe I need a MONTH away. :)

I took Mom for another MRI early this morning. Came home and washed bed clothes, changed sheets and rode 2 miles. I was in sweats this a.m., but now just sweat pants and a T. If it gets to the reported 83* I will have to switch to capris. Boy, this time of year it is hard to know what to wear. They are saying 88* by mid week.
I officially ordered a new bicycle..finally. I had it narrowed down to 3 and finally decided. (see, I am a procrastinator about everything, not just weight loss)

BBlater...........

tommysgirl18
09-18-2007, 01:09 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing? no more stings thank goodness! BUT, Tommy killed three bills in the living room before I had gotten up. Then, I went into the boys' room, and there was about 29 bees in their room! most of them were dead already, but there were a few live ones! I then went into our room, and there were two on our window.

I hope you all had a good Monday! it was cold here as well....but never fret, it is going to be up in the high 70's tomorrow, and in the 80's for the rest of the week! oh....we took the kids to the cider mill for the first time on Sunday! It was a lot of fun! I will go and put the picture that I took of Marissa for my avatar in a second!

suetalks
09-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Mindee- Love the avatar...very cute. Oh my gosh! That's a lot of bees and I would be throwing a fit at the apt. managers office.
Cristina- Hope you could go back to wearing shorts. I had on light weight track pants this a.m. to walk the dog, threw on a denim shirt over my T and was just right. Now I am in the T and track pants, but will need shorts if it gets any warmer.
Marti- Way to go on the walking. We could use your sprinkles as we need rain badly.

I have been energetic this morning. Walked the dog, fixed breakfast and cleaned that up, washed a load of clothes, swept the porches and got the darn spider webs off the outside of windows and eaves. Washed a few windows. (I love the tilt windows as I can do them myself, and I keep them done up) I even rode a mile, and will go out in a minute and ride another mile or two. That bike is getting worse, so I take short hops....
Plan to do WATP as I did the 1 mile last evening and I think that accounted for my "loose" joints this morning. I know I felt better than I have in awhile.
Mom feels bad this morning and had been sick in the night. Only thing she wanted me to do for her was make her tea and walk her Baby. Hopefully we will get some answers about her health this week.
Cristina- a question for you...when you do WATP do you do it on carpet or other floor? Do you wear your walking shoes? I like to do it in my bedroom, but the carpet is so light that I hate to wear my outdoor shoes. DH has suggested a mat of some kind, but I am not sure.

HAppy day to all of you....BBL

Marti
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Good Morning...

Quicky for me since I need to still get dress and head out the door....

Didn't get my walk in this morning.....spent it cleaning after a sick dog. :headache: Not fun!

I will pop back in tonight if I'm not tuckered out.

Have a good Tuesday.

FrouFrou
09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Just a quick HI to everyone. Nothing much to say, same old stuff, different day.

SUE...I do the WATP in the living room on the carpet and I think that is why my feet are hurting afterwards. I'm thinking about putting a t.v. in the basement where the exercise equipment is because I think the concert floor would be better. I'm afraid I am going to wear the carpet down too, lol! Sorry your mom is feeling bad. Hope they find something soon and can help her. :hug:

MINDEE...OMGOSH! You should get them in your place to find out where the bees are coming from. I hate to kill a bee if it's outdoors but if there's that many in my house...they are going to be killed for sure! My FIL had a nest in the wall of his house. He showed us one morning and there was maybe one or two bees but as the day went on there were hundreds! You don't want those babies or even you or Tommy to get hurt by so many. And that is a cute picture of Marissa...she's getting so big already!

Okay, going to go do a mile or two on the treadmill. Mowed the front yard before the rain came. Cutting back on my walking I think, if my body will let me, lol. Going to walk 3 miles and do the 2 mile WATP M-W-F & Sat and then mow on Tues & Thurs plus do a mile or two. I think I am getting plenty of exercise and it has become a habit so no worries of quitting anytime soon. And I'm not really cutting back that much, just on the two days. So we will see what happens. Of course with fall/winter coming I will have to adjust to that anyway.

Have a good day!

Jane
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi ladies,

Mindee - did I read on the other page that you got your recipe box and cards? Hope you like them. Your avatar of Marissa is just too cute!

Marti - a big WOOHOO for the 3#s down. :cp: Hope your dog is better and no longer blowin' chunks.

Cristina - I tend to wear down my shoes w/o even realizing how bad they are. Earth shoes with a negative heel have been helping my plantar's fasciitis. I felt like I was walking uphill when I first got them, but got used to it fast. My feet feel so much better now. Sounds like you've got a good walking plan in place.

Sue - what kind of a bike did you order? Any news on your mom?

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Mary and I ran errands today. She's planning a birthday party for Caylin who turns 4 next month, and was looking for decorations, plates, etc. that were Halloweenish, but not too scary. We found just the right stuff at Big Lots, and the prices were cheap.

While I was out, I stocked up on some healthy food choices. I have lots of vegetables right out the back door, but brought home some other things that should help me stay OP.

Gotta run, take care!

suetalks
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Got another bike ride and some WATP in today. I gained this week, so I have to get my butt back in gear. I knew the stress eating would catch up with me. :(
Mom felt better as the day progressed, but no news from the Dr.
My bike will be a Huffy cruiser.

Gotta go watch Biggest Loser....

tommysgirl18
09-19-2007, 01:18 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing? nothing new on this end.....I haven't had to kill many bees today. There was only I think maybe 5 for Tuesday, and Tommy killed most of them.

The lady is coming out on Wednesday and we are making a chicken and rice casserole. So, it should be good! Tommy will actually be here when she comes this time. So, it will be nice to have another set of eyes on the kids for the time that she is here....even if it is only for a couple of minutes!

Logan has really gotten into his terrible twos now! I am constantly having to yell at him to stop hitting or to stop kicking or to stop smacking....you get the jist of where this is all going! He is a typical boy, but I hate having to keep telling him to stop doing things that he shouldn't be doing! He got Brandon mad earlier that Brandon was giving it right back to Logan, and Logan just looked at me with this look on his face like "mom, aren't you going to stop him?" The past couple of nights I have had to find something quick to make them for dinner because Logan can't keep his hands to himself long enough for me to make a hamburger helper meal!

Sue~ Thanks for the nice comments on my avatar! I took four more pictures early Tuesday morning of Tommy and Marissa! They are really cute, although she has her fingers in her mouth in all four of the pictures!

Cristina~ I would hate to see what the inside of the porch/siding looks like. That is where the maintanence guy said that he thought the hive was since they were all hanging around it! And since the weather has been so screwy this past week, it is really messing with them! We even tried at night time when it was really cold to block the spot again with some more wasp/bee/hornet spray, and they still come back!

Jane~ Yup, you read it right. I did receive the cards and box, and I love them! Thank you again!

Marti~ I hope your dog isn't too sick. How is your week going for you?

We have been trying to plan Logan's birthday party. He has his mind set on four different themes for it. He can't decide between Cars, Monster Trucks, John Deere, or Happy Feet. (I am dreading showing him the Birthday Express website, for fear that there might be an even longer list of choices to pick from!) He has really be into Cars and Monster Trucks lately, so those are the two front runners right now.

Sue~ I love watching the Biggest Loser! I am keeping a running tally of the players and their weights.....it is helping me with motivation. (although with aunt flo being in town, and then Tommy's Aunt's passing (it seems to have brought out a little bit of my emotional eating habits, which I thought that I had gotten away from), it made the scale jump for me as well! I just switched my work outs around on my other website and had them give me enough strength training exercises to keep my booty busy for an hour! Then I have a work out DVD that I haven't even watched yet, that I am going to get into the habit of using as well.

I have a pedometer now, so I like to keep track of how many steps I take in one day, and it is helping me as well!

Jane
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Good morning, ladies,

Sue - I don't know much about bikes, but I know Huffy is a good brand. Let us know about your mom when you hear anything, ok?

Mindee - chicken and rice is so good! I like to add celery to mine, the way my mom did. Talk about comfort food, lol. About Logan, just keep telling yourself that it's only a phase, and it will pass. Before you know it, he'll be in Kindergarten. YW for the stuff.

Ok, where is everyone else? Hello to you all.

I've been doing well with the food, and water, and I'm going to dig out my pedometer again. Most of my friends in Asheville wore one, and many of you do, so maybe there's more to it than I thought.

I don't have to go to town today - YAY! I want to clean out my closet, and donate some things to Goodwill that I thought I'd wear, but don't. You know how it is. :dizzy:

BBL,

FrouFrou
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello ladies...

Went for my 3 mile walk and got my 2 mile WATP in. I think the early mornings are finally getting to me, I am dragging today. Some days I just hate walking but I force myself to do it, I have to! Nothing on the agenda for today, laundry and a little bit of cleaning.

Have a good one ladies!

Marti
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Good Morning ladies :wave:

Boy let me tell ya.....work has been a challenge! Constantly moving which can be bizarre considering I'm the person who is suppose to just sit there and enter in test results!!

I've been coming home worn out and mentally exhausted, but can't actually get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning! I just woke up and don't have time to do my morning walk. So it shall be an evening walk for sure.

Jane--James & I were talking about what we want to plant in the garden next year already. I love being able to grab stuff from our garden to make salads and to add to soups. The mini pumpkin plant we planted has dozens of pumpkins and boy....fresh pie from those are something else! Very tastey. Caylin is already turning 4??? Already?? Is this the little one that we got to see photos when she was born? Can't be! 4?!.....................where is the time going?

Mindee--Sorry the Logan is being a typical 2. And w/a big brother a couple years older, makes it hard. I remember my brothers when we were younger were always after each other. And there was a 5yr difference. They grew to be the best of friends and always did things together. Times flys and soon they'll both be in school and then it'll be all about girls!

Cristina--You're doing great w/all that walking! Makes my 2 measly miles seem so.......measly. Keep up the great work!!

Sue--I have BL recorded and plan to watch it tonight then do my walking. That show tends to keep me motivated. If these people can spend all DAY working out...then I can spend 30mins doing something active. Hope you hear news about your mom soon.

Hello to the rest of the girls out there.....PJ---did ya move to WDW?? Do they know that your not leaving? :)

I've got to take a shower and get some breakfast. So I will chat w/you all tomorrow.

suetalks
09-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Good evening ladies. Got pretty warm here again today. Boy, this weather keeps us guessing. I did manage to ride the bike 2 miles. Tried to ride again this evening, but the mosquitoes were fierce. I had just heard of a death in IN from West Nile, so in the house I came. Tomorrow I will dig out the "bug stuff."
Nothing from the Dr. so I guess Mom's surgery is still on for Fri. With everything new they had found I wasn't sure if the cardiologist or neuro. would okay the surgery. I will be pretty busy from Friday on, for I don't know how long....probably 3 days in the hospital and then weeks to recover here at home. The dr. had told me I can do minor therapy with her at home the first 4 weeks until she goes to therapy. Getting a wheel chair tomorrow from my uncle, just in case we need it. Better to be prepared than to need it and not have it.
Hopefully I can keep up the exercise as I know how my eating does during stress. I am going tomorrow to buy a few "good" snacks to take in my bag to the hospital......so I can by-pass the vending machines and the cafes.

I will keep you posted the best I can.....please think good thoughts for us.

tommysgirl18
09-20-2007, 01:42 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing? nothing new on this end.....ok....so I got the day wrong for the lady coming out. She is coming out on Thursday! So, it should be interesting how things go! I am hoping this this turns out really good!

Jane~ I am wondering if we are going to use brown rice or white. My guess is brown rice because she made sure to point out to me that brown rice, even though you have to cook it longer, is better for you. I actually just got my pedometer on Sunday. I used to have one from McDonald's when they were giving them out to promote their healthier options on the menu. I used to use it all the time....then we moved and I have no idea what I did with it! The one I have now, keeps track of the steps, the miles, the calories that I burn and it even tells time. For Wednesday, I took 6,835 steps, which translates to 1.833 miles. In doing that much walking, I burned 496.7 calories!

Cristina~ I just got back into the swing of working out again! I slipped off the wagon, and decided to switch up my work out a little bit. I am now doing 60 minutes of strength training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have a work out DVD that I got at Wal-Mart for $1 that I haven't checked out yet. I have actually seen a couple good infomercials that look interesting to check out. The latest one that has caught my eye is the "Slim in 6" ones. I have also been wondering about yoga and pilates. The yoga doesn't sound that bad, I just wonder about things since I have had some back issues since I was pregnant with Brandon.

Marti~ Brandon and Logan are 18 months apart, and boy do they let you know it! They are heavily into the whole you do this to get their attention while I go and do this phase.

Sue~ How are you doing? I hope things go well with your mom's surgery on Friday. I will keep you and your mom in my positive thoughts.

Jane
09-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristina - you seem awfully quiet. Hope all is well.

Marti - it's so much fun to plan a garden! Neal usually plants so much, but we share with family and friends, so it all gets eaten. Do you get any seed catalogs? They give me ideas for the vegetable garden and flower garden, too. Your could google it, then get on the mailing lists, if you're interested.

Sue - your mom will be in my prayers for a safe surgery tomorrow. YAY for you, taking healthy munchies with you to the hospital.

Mindee - brown rice is so good! So is wild rice. They have a nutty flavor that I really like. So did you and the fam like what you made today?

Hi to everyone else.

I made a big pot of turkey chili with white beans to freeze, and have been catching on on Mt Washmore today. Also got some paperwork done.

Tonight is a bd party for my nephew, but this won't be a temptation since I don't like store cakes. I plan to chew gum and mingle with family.

Hope your day is going well.

Sassy_Chick
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

I am officially on Vacation!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Anyways, just wanted to pop in, say hi and also Thank Jane for the lovely postcard! :)

:hug:

sz2atheart
09-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Jane--I'm so happy that you had a great time on your get-away. Thanks for the postcard. I do believe that WW is one of the easiest plans to follow. I haven't been following it myself very well lately but plan to weigh-in tomorrow and get back on track. I have one of WW pedometers but need to remember to wear it:o

Sue--I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know that your mom was having health issues. I haven't kept up lately. I'm so sorry to hear that she will be having surgery tomorrow. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Mindee--Marissa is so beautiful!! Wow, I read about your bee fiasco!! Hope they are all gone.

Marti--I love BL too. It does motivate you to get moving.

Cristina--Are you expecting Josh home soon??

Well ladies, it's been quite a stressfull few weeks for me. I finally had my recertification class yesterday...passed it...but it was the hardest dang thing that I have ever taken. I've done it every other year for the past 12 years and you would have thought I would ace it with flying colors but they revamped the whole program and made it more difficult. They passed everyone in the class but there were many that had to take a verbal test because they flunked the written. Thankfully I only missed two questions, but Geez Louise, I wasn't taking a medical exam!!!

I finally talked my dh into replacing our lovely 14 yr old Maytag washer and dryer with Kenmore HE front loaders this past week. I don't think he is speaking to me at the moment. First, Sears didn't show up for the delivery on Sunday (yes they do deliver on a Sunday) as promised and when we called they said that one of the appliances was damaged and would deliver instead on Tues. After becoming total irate in the store later on Sunday, they gave us an additional 5% off. So on Tues, they deliver both machines but the dryer started to overheat and blinking error codes. Now Sears gave me a free extended warranty because of their screwup. Delivery of another dryer took place this evening but I'm not so pleased with the wrinkles of the clothes. When dh wakes up from his comfortable leather recliner and sees all the wrinkles in his pants, I may be moving in with one of ya'll!! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but everything is coming out of the washer and dryer all twisted up. Anyone here own a front loader who can come to my rescue, tell me what I'm doing wrong and save my marriage !!:dizzy: I don't believe that I'm loading it too full.

Anyhoo, I'm going to the beach tomorrow for Sunfest and coming home late Saturday. We usually stay until Sunday but the guys have to be back for football as some have season tickets for the Ravens. I need a break. I got on the scale and the stress alone has made me lose a little so I'm going to WW tomorrow for a quick weigh-in and then when I return from the beach, it's back to major business with the diet and exercise.

Hugs to all that I missed. I won't be gone so long this time!! I've missed ya'll

PinkSands
09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi Ho, Hi Ho:wave:

I'm here LOL rather still be in FLA though LOL...just got a laptop this afternoon and VISTA is totally different from Me so I am fumbling badly here LOL...WDW was most excellant as always, I'm ready to go again, as soon as I can figure out how to load my pics on here I will get some up to show everyone, between the boy and myself we took over 600 pics so I have lots to share...well I will be back later, still trying to figure this thing out, I hope everyone is well, Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane

tommysgirl18
09-21-2007, 12:18 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, the lady came out today and we made the chicken and broccoli rice dish. It was suppose to be a casserole, but since Tommy had woken up, we just made it all right in the skillet and ate it then. We made a plan to make a home made Hawaiian pizza next week. It should be yummy!

As far as the dish that we made today, it was good. I am not the biggest broccoli eater, but you really couldn't taste it so that made it a lot easier! Logan picked out the broccoli and rice and left the chicken. Brandon started to eat his, but ended up burning his arm because he didn't blow on it. I gave him an ice pack to put on it, and it was fine. He ate some of it, but thankfully didn't do a repeat of last week!

Jane~ Tommy told me that when they went to Kroger yesterday they were in the frozen food section, and Brandon told Tommy that he wanted daddy to start buying more vegetables. Thanks for the post card! The city looks so beautiful!!!

Sassy~ How are you enjoying your vacation? Any plans? Last I knew, you guys were trying to figure out if you wanted to go to Kentucky or not.

Tammy~ How are you doing girl? Thanks for the nice comments about Marissa. Tommy was telling me about how she was sleeping this morning, so we went in to check on her. When we got in there, Tommy looked at her and said "she is getting so big already!" and I said "tell me about it, by the time that she is one, she will be as long as the crib!" Have fun this weekend! We used to have front loaders, and we didn't have too many issues with them. Although, it has been a while since we had them, so I can't recall if we ever had issues with wrinkles or not.

PJ~ I can't wait to see pictures!!! We have VISTA on our laptop. It was a pain in the butt, at first. But now, I like it!

Marti
09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Good Morning ladies--

It's Friday and I'm thrilled with that! It's been a hectic work week and I'm needing a weekend! :) Jhanai will be here and is bringing a friend over and we have plans for clothes shopping. I told her I have a budget so she's gotta plan wisely.

Mindee--Broccoli is one of my favorites! It's taken me years to like certain veggies such as asparagus and brussel sprouts but then James started seasoning them and roasting them and my goodness......I can't get enough of them! Glad you're enjoying your cooking "classes".

PJ--Happy to hear you made it back and haven't moved to WDW. :D I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip and seeing photos.

Tammy--Congratulations on passing your recertification tests. Amazing what we have to do for work isn't it? We have have to test for our infectious handling certificates every year, that is coming up soon. Glad your back and look forward to hearing more from ya!

Sassy--Hello :wave: What are your plans for vacation?

Jane--Chewing gum is great, especially if your cooking. I tend to "taste test" one too many times. If I don't have gum, I brush my teeth. As for our garden.....we're thinking that pumpkins will be our main thing next year. The ones we have now are growing fantastically!

Sue--How is your mom doing? I hope the surgery went well and that all is ok. Vending machines are evil! I cannot have any kind of loose change w/me at work. The vending machines are like magnets!! Lately I've been bypassing the thing and walking a longer route just to avoid it. Strange how something like that can control your actions.

Hello to everyone else out there! :wave:

I'm needing to clean up and get ready for work so I better get. Get this day over with!

Have a great Friday everyone.

Jane
09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
TGIF! :carrot:

PJ - got all of the postcards, and wow I had no idea they were redoing Haunted Mansion. Last time I was in MK, Makenzie was with me, and she's too little to do that one. In March, though, lookout, baby! I'm SO there! Tell me more about that inlet. Where is that? Looks so fascinating.

Sassy - yw for the postcard.

Tammy - I'd love it if you were following WW with me. I'm 100% committed this time, and have a great mental outlook about it. A big WOOHOO for you passing the recert. Sounds like a bear! About the washer and dryer, I haven't a clue. You could google "front loader clothes tangles" and see what you come up with. Hope you have a blast at the beach!

Mindee - I'm so glad your kids like veggies. Mary's kids weren't going to eat peas until I told them they were "Pocohontas" peas, and now they all eat them, lol. All 3 of them love brocolli and brussel sprouts, too, as well as regular veggies. That casserole sounds good, as does the Hawaiian pizza.

Marti - yep, chewing gum will sometimes keep me out of trouble, lol. Have fun shopping with Jhanai and her friend.

I'll be weighing in tomorrow, and I'll let you know how I did. I'm expecting a nice loss, since it's my first week, and the water weight should come off. (Goodness knows I've been in the bathroom quite often this week, lol.) I had been eating way too much over my birthday, anniversary, and also in NC last week. Plus, I hadn't been OP for any length of time for awhile.

Scrapbooking is tonight, and I've got my photos and paper picked out. We always have so much fun, and I wish you gals could be there.

BBL,

suetalks
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Just a quick post. Mom did not have the surgery today on her back and won't be having it anytime soon. We rushed her by ambulance to the ER yesterday morning, found out it wasn't a heart attack, (the good news) Her heart Dr. has given us some things to ponder, not good news. Her family Dr. is still running tests today and she might come home tomorrow. I just got home from there as she was worn out and I wanted her to sleep. We are all worn out, but doing as okay as we can.
She is facing heart surgery within the next month or so....I will know more after another consult.
Her poor Baby is lost without her here.........gotta go walk her.
Thanks for your prayers and good wishes..please continue.

ggmugsy
09-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey all!

I'm new to 3FC. Just joined today.

Jane . . . I'm sorry to say this, but I'm here because I'm bagging WW. It was the zero point Progresso soup ads that pushed me over the edge. I think their point system sucks and the core plan is just too restrictive.

Please tell me how 3 egg whites, nearly 100% protein and a total of 30 calories, is one point, but the new zero point soup is 60 calories and has PASTA and is ZERO??? And what about their 140 calorie, 2 point ice cream bars. Something seems entirely out of whack. Ditto with all the fat free stuff that has zero points and is loaded with high fructose corn syrup. IMHO it's an effort to sell WW products.

So, that's jaded little me.

I lost 70 pounds on Get With The Program about 11 years ago when it first came out. I got divorced, stayed *regular* (I've never been thin) until I married husband #2, then slowly stopped exercising and packed on nearly 60 pounds of what I'd lost.

I took off about 15 before I left WW.

I've decided to go back to GWTP, I guess. It was easy. Work out every day and eat 5 fruits and/or vegetables. Lean proteins, whole grains, cut out fat wherever possible. I can count to 5.

My workout rule is to do SOMETHING every day. Walk my dog, do a tape, even if it's an easy tape. Today, I had cramps and felt twitchy & gritchy, but I did The Firm Ab Sculpt. 29 easy minutes. I feel better.

I have done one consecutive day of exercise!!!

Jane
09-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm back....

Sue - what did the doc say about your mom? Is it all about her heart? Whatever it was, you know we're here for you. :hug:

Mindy - a big welcome aboard! About WW, I believe they say you aren't supposed to have more than 3 servings of any "free" foods combined, except veggies each day. The soup must be high in fiber to be free. I went back to doing WW because I lost 85 pounds on it in '04, but once I hit maintenance, I messed up big time, and ended up putting nearly 60 pounds of it back on. But at least that was the first time I didn't gain it all back, plus more. Anyway, your plan sounds like a good one, and I think you'll find lots of encouragement and friendship here.

Ok gals, don't laugh, but I ordered a Richard Simmons Disco Sweat tape. I like him, even though he's silly at times, and the music will take me back to the day, lol. Plus, I like that he has chubbies in his vidoes.

I get weighed in the morning, and am actually looking forward to that.

See ya later,

tommysgirl18
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, goodness on this end! I am almost back to where I was before I used food as my crutch last week. I have about five more pounds to go to be back to where I was previously......but I am taking it all one day at a time. I am actually doing really well with my pedometer as well. Thursday I clocked 1.802 miles, and then on Friday I clocked 2.267 miles!

Sue~ I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. Like Jane mentioned, we are here for you if/when you need us.

Mindy~ Welcome to the group! I am Mindee, and I am married to Tommy. We have been married for five years, been together for eight. We have three great kids. Brandon, who will be 3 1/2 next month, Logan, who will be 2 next month, and Marissa, who will be 6 months next month. I am in Michigan. I hope to get to know you soon!

ggmugsy
09-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I got up this morning and jumped straight into my workout clothes. Did The Firm Vol. 4. Was SHAKY by the time it was over. Next time I try to do this I'll eat a piece of toast first.

Mindee - I'm glad we spell our names differently. You sound like a very happy woman!

Jane, thanks for your WW comments. I just feel if I tried to make the same soup, even if I put in whole wheat pasta, it would total out having points. I just don't understand how a soup can have pasta and still be ZERO points. BUT, I am glad WW worked for you in the past and I hope it works for you again. It is a very sound program and their website is great. I'm just a freak.

My husband and his step-son, Scott, have been hunting all week. I know they'll be starving when they get home tonight. I'm going to make a HUGE lasagna. It's my husband's favorite meal.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

PinkSands
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Gonna try this again, VISTA updated in the middle of my post and shutdown and restarted so I lost my nice big post I was in the middle of LOL, I haven't been able to update Me in 2 yrs because Microsoft stopped supporting it so an auto update threw me for a loop LOL anyway....

Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Took Hubby back to the truck about an hour ago, He got a load out this morning and wouldn't you know it would be to Orlando LOL, he made it to Des Moines for fuel then got a message to call his dispatcher, they had a driver drop off a load so they took his load that was directly to Orlando and now he has to go to Wisconsin then on to Orlando...I'm still trying to figure out this laptop, Hubby played on it for the last 2 days, so now I am gonna have to get him one I think, it did give me time to read the user guide LOL, I found out it has a built in card reader so I was able to load all our vacation pics on with no trouble...I was just thinking this time last week I was at MGM riding the Tower of Terror LOL we rode it 5 times in a row and that still wasn't enough...well I hope everyone has a Good Weekend, gonna try to post a pic or 2 here. The first pic is from the car as we got to WDW and then at the Magic Kingdom when we went through the gate.

Marti - LOL well I did get everyone to agree about moving to Florida finally, so now all I have to do is find a place by March when our lease is up, which means 1 more winter BLAH!!!!

Jane - Happy belated Birthday!!! wish I had paid more attention before I left I would have sent you a Birthday card from WDW, glad you got the postcards though, Thank You for the one you sent sounds like you had a Great time, Ponce Inlet is a little town below Daytona, it's beautiful if you like lighthouses you should take a drive over there if you get the chance, we drove over and then up the coast to St. Augustine, it was a gorgeous day!!

Sue - Sending positive thoughts out for you and your mom.

Sassy - I hope your enjoying your vacation.

Mindy - Welcome to the Group!

Pink Jane

Sassy_Chick
09-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. My vacation is going fine. It technically doesn't "officially" start until Monday, these are my normal days off, but I am counting it anyways! lol. :p

DH has tonight and tomorrow night and then his vacation begins, I can't wait either, to actually spend an entire week together, wow........lol. We have decided to not go anywhere, at least anywhere far away. We decided to stay here and take day trips. Mostly for our cat, he has issues--lol and I can't sleep very well in a strange bed.

Anyways, I wanted to Thank Jane for the very cute b-day card! :D

I hope you all are doing well and have a Wonderful Evening!

OMG! My glasses just broke! :cry: I just took them off and was cleaning them and they broke. At least it was a clean break, basically in half, so I think DH can glue it for a temp. fix. I am going to call and make an appt Monday for both of us to get eye exams and I'm getting new glasses, this is the 2nd time they have broken, also its time........Luckily I kept my old glasses, I look like Sally Jesse Raphael (http://www.deafdc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/sjr.jpg), except mine aren't red, lol, but at least I can see! lol

Jane
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi ladies, :wave:

Mindee - yay for you, doing well with the walking.

Mindy - now you can say you've done 2 consecutive days of exercise! Lasagne sounds good. Bring me a small amount with a big salad and a bunch of veggies, would ya, lol.

PJ - Wow! I've never seen WDW decorated for Halloween before, so the photo at MK threw me off. Is that the Crystal Palace, or City Hall? 161 days until I go with the family!!! Thank you for the birthday thought. The postcards you sent made my day, lol.

Sassy - yw for the card! Day trips are so much fun, and save a bundle on hotel costs. Sorry about the glasses!

Well, ladies, today was my first weigh in, and I'm happy to report 5 3/4 pounds gone. Yes, I know most of that is water loss, but I'll take it anyway. That makes 26 3/4 of the 100 I intend to lose, if I count the pounds I didn't regain from 2004. I like the idea of counting from my highest weight.

My friend Pat took me out for a birthday lunch today, and we ate at Applebees. Both of us got the creole tilipia with brocolli, and it was very filling for 6 points.

Afterwhile Neal and I are going to Terry's camper just to sit and visit, then back home to watch the first episode of Kid Nation. It was on the other night, but we missed it, so we're goint to watch the repeat tonight.

Toodles for now,

Sassy_Chick
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Jane :wave:

Yeah that is what we figured, save on hotel costs and like I told DH, since we work such odd hours and work opposite days now, we don't get to go out and enjoy much of our own city. So I was like this WILL be like a "get-away", get-away from the mundane boring work-to-home.

I have been cleaning every single day so that when DH gets off starting on Monday all he will have to do is trash and the litter box. I turn on my fav music and clean. ;) I've been just taking a little at a time but I can honestly say even the little bit at a time I feel better. I sweat, so I know I am burning something, even if just a little. I figure as long as I am up and moving, who really cares what the action is? And this way my apt gets cleaned too! :D

Anyway, wanted to Congratulate you on the 5 3/4 lb. loss :cheer: Glad you enjoyed your bday lunch. DH & my friends are taking me out for my bday dinner on Monday night. I have to go get my license renewed too. :p

Well I hope you have a great evening!

tommysgirl18
09-23-2007, 05:11 AM

we ended up going up to see my parents on Saturday. it was nice to get away for a while. we got some diapers for all kids, some wipes, a high chair for Marissa, a cat, and some other things. right before we had gotten out of the van when we got there, Tommy looked at me and said "now, we are not leaving here with any cats, dogs or any other kind of animal." so, when we got int the van and started to pull out of the drive way, I looked at him and said "I thought we weren't leaving here with any animals?" to which he responded with "well, I didn't expect for this kitty to fall in love with me, and me falling in love with it." so, we have a calico kitty, about 1 or 2 years old, named Miss Priss. all the kiddos are great with her! I will put her picture in my avatar in a second.

Mindy~ It is a good thing that we spell our names differently! we have two Jane's in the group, and now two Mindy/Mindee's.

PJ~ I remember both of those things from your pics when I went seven years ago! Although when I went, in November, they had the place decorated for Christmas. I was your typical tourist when we went there.....I have about three albums full of pictures from my trip to Florida!

Sassy~ Sounds like your vacation is going great! I kept my old glasses when I got my new ones recently as well, just so I would have a spare just in case!

suetalks
09-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Good morning...The sun is shining and it is pretty out there with some leaves falling and blowing in the air. Still warm, thank goodness.
Mom got to come home last evening, although she is still weak. Heart Dr. said she could come home if she stayed down and rested. We have to see him in a few days. She is a very sick lady in need of heart surgery. Thank you for keeping her/us in your prayers. We will take one day at a time.

Going to try to ride the bike for a few minutes...get me away from the kitchen. I have been eating WAY too much. I won't even weigh myself since I can tell I gained. UGH!

luckycharm
09-23-2007, 12:42 PM
:wave: Hi everyone

Jane I have that Richard Simmons video. It will give you a good laugh. We will both pick a time and put it on and do our exercises at the same time.

Just wanted to say a quick hello.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Prayers for you and your mom Sue.

Kathy

ggmugsy
09-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey!

The lasagna weighed in at 19 pounds when I put it in the oven. I served it with roasted brussel sprouts instead of the traditional salad. They had a demo at Costco and they were delicious.

Scott and DH went back out hunting this morning and my DH shot an elk. They are tracking it down as I write this.

Haven't exercised again today, but I will!! It's a beautiful day, I think I'll walk my dog and maybe do an ab workout. I HATE my flabby stomach.

Are there any other groups you are part of or is this the only one?

Jane, Congratulations on the 5 3/4 pounds. WOW! Was that in a week?

When I lost weight before I used to weigh myself only once a month. I get freaky weird about the number on the scale. Truly, I don't care if it takes me 2 years to lose the 70 odd pounds I want to lose, I just want to be healthier and keep going DOWN. I also want my skin to have a chance to shrink back up. I certainly can't afford surgery to remove it.

Any thoughts out there??

Jane
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
It's officially FALL!!!

Sassy - I'm so far behind in cleaning, really cleaning, my house! It stays mostly clutter-free, but I need to put some elbow grease into it and get it sparkly. Have fun at your birthday dinner tomorrow.

Mindee - how's the new kitty doing?

Sue - tell your mom we're thinking of her!

Kathy - I can't wait to get the video and give it a try. I was in my early 20's in the disco era, and danced with strobe lights, etc. so this should be fun. Do you have any news you'd like to share with the Jaded Ladies???? Anything we can help you celebrate???? :hug:

Mindy - yes, actually, the loss was from Monday through Friday, but keep in mind, this is my first week, and I'm quite overweight. Also, I just got done celebrating my birthday, anniversary, and just got back from a vacation, and I really overate at all of these events! Last time I did WW, I lost 8 1/2 pounds the first full week. The next weigh in will be much lower, then I'll settle into a pound or so loss each week, if I do the same as before. The older I get, though, the harder it is to lose. I will have flabby skin, too, when it's all said and done, but if you think about it, flabby skin is no more unattractive than excess weight, and it's much more healthy for us. At least, that's the way I see it.

We had a lite dessert today after Sunday dinner. I made sf/ff banana pudding, with 1/2 banana in each serving, and then sprinkled crushed 1/2 graham cracker onto each serving. Mmmmm, for only 3 points.

I plan to take a nap later, since I was awake with sinus problems in the night. The farmers are harvesting seed corn, and the dust and stuff in the air is driving me crazy. (short trip, Neal said, lol)

TTFN,

Jane
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Mindy - if you like it here and plan to stay, please fill out a bio when you want to, so we'll know more about you.

Kathy - we need a new, updated bio for you, too, if you want to do one.

Sassy_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Its awful hot here for it being officially fall, its 90 degrees! Phew! Where is our fall weather? lol.

Well DH bought some glue on his way home from work this morning, but he couldn't fix my glasses. :cry: He said we could try taking them to the guy who repaired them before -- they completely fell apart before this and he fixed them so this should be easy! Just so I don't have to wear these ugly glasses. :p

Only thing is I don't know how long it will take him to fix them and we're supposed to go out with friends tomorrow night, for my bday and I don't want to be wearing these ugly things. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't. lol. If I only knew where my contacts were. I had two boxes of disposables and I never did find them when we moved here. So I guess its in a box that we didn't have room for and is either in our closet or in storage. I think later I'm going to see if I can find them.......

:welcome3: to Kathy and Mindy!

Mindee -- OMG I love Calico's. Our neighbor has a beautiful one that sits in her window sometimes. She is simply gorgeous! Glad you had a good time at your parents!

Sue -- Glad to hear that your mom is home, we will continue to keep her and you and your family in our prayers.

Jane -- I was way behind in my cleaning too. My kitchen is sparkling now and I got our dishwasher working again! :woohoo: Next up: the bathroom.....:p I was going to do it yesterday, only I felt really ill for some reason. I feel fine today, so at least it didn't last!!!!! That dessert sounds good, I'll have to give it a try! :)

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday Evening!

Elliebelle
09-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Hello Ladies,
I'm new my name is Ellen and I need all the help I can get. Binge eating and compulsive eating I'll eat anything even cereal from the box if nothing is left. I made a decision to get healthy and make good food choices to start. *crosses fingers*
Today was a gorgeous day in Pasadena CA. It rained yesterday and is crystal clear and glorious today..very unusual for us smoggers. My husband and I took two of our dogs for a long walk. I see hope in my future and this site is wonderful. Even though I'm new I see how helpful and comforting it is here.

sz2atheart
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

Jane--Wow, what a weight loss for your first week!!!:carrot::D I'm determined to get back on track this week. I already grilled chicken for salads for the next two days lunch at work. Got my tracker and snacks packed and I'm back to being motivated. I went to WW this morning but didn't weigh in. The red cadillac (TOM) decided to give me a visit and I knew that I would be up in weight and I didn't want to disappoint myself.

Sue--Hang in there with your mom, I'm still thinking about you.

Mindy-Welcome!!! I understand your "Jaded" feelings about WW. When our leader in class announced that Progresso was introducing the 0 pt soups, she reminded us that the can was still 2 servings. Everyone started to laugh in class and said that they thought that 0+0=0!!! It does get a little confusing at times but I still feel it's the most realistic and healthiest of all the diets out there and I've tried them all.

Mindee--A new kitty? I'm so allergic, but I do love cats!

Sassy--Happy Birthday and Vacation!! OMG, I just had to laugh at you breaking your glasses, not the breaking of them, but just imagining you with a big wad of tape trying to hold them together at the bridge of your nose. I broke my glasses at work once. One side broke off and I walked around looking lopsided all day. I got laser vision correction about 5 years ago but now I need reading glasses :mad:

PJ--I'm happy to hear that your WDW trip was wonderful. I'm still jealous!

Welcome!!
Kathy & Ellen and you too Mindy!!!

Big Hugs to Marti, Cristina and am I missing anyone:dizzy: We went to the beach Friday for the Sunfest. Had dinner with friends, got up for a huge breakfast (that I didn't need), went to the festival and shopped the craft show. Then on to the outlets and ended with dinner at Carrabaa's where, of course, I overate again. But boy, it was a great two days. We got in late last night and today I did outside planting of mums and pulled up all the half dead annuals. I put my fall decorations out but it doesn't feel like fall....it was in the upper 80's today!!

Gotta end with a funny story. Dh and I stopped for mums on our way home from the beach. It was about 7 and almost dark outside....so we loaded 6 huge mums in my 4-Runner...about 1/2 hr down the road (we are about 1 hr from home), dh says that something just hit his shoulder. I told him he must be imagining it and teased him about having a ghost in the car. We stopped about 15 min later so I could pee and when I opened the car door and the light came on, we were invaded by GRASSHOPPERS!!! They were huge...about 2-3 " long. They must have been all over the mums. We looked like idiots in the Taco Bell parking lot (where I stopped to pee) swatting at a dozen grasshoppers and throwing shoes at them. When we felt halfway comfortable that we got most of them, we got back on the road but were scared to death that one might still jump out at us. It was the longest hour to drive. I feel buggy just writing about it now!!

Anyhoo, gonna get a light snack, watch Bro & Sis tonight and hit the hay. Take care ladies!!

tommysgirl18
09-24-2007, 03:58 AM

we had a somewhat relaxing day. we sat around the house while Tommy went to the laundry mat. Then when he got home we met up with some friends and took the kids to a different cider mill this time. This one they got to feed ducks at, so they liked it a little bit. Then we left there and went to a Chinese buffet place....then off to Wal-Mart to pick up some things.

Sue~ I will continue to keep you/your mom, in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you guys can get to some good news from the doctor soon.

Kathy~ It is good to hear from you!

Jane~ Miss Priss is doing great! She slept on our bed with us. When I got up to feed Marissa on Saturday morning, she moved and climbed between Tommy's legs.....then she climbed on his back and laid there.

Sassy~ It was in the mid 70's on Sunday. It was still a nice day for shorts, but it got colder once the sun went down! Did you find your contacts? So, far she has only gone and checked out what it looks like outside through our door wall. When we left to go out on Sunday, she was laying under one of our spare dining room chairs. When we stopped back by to pick up something, she was still laying there. When we got home, she was up and ready to greet us.

Ellen~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better!

Tammy~ We used to have a kitty when we got together, until just after Brandon was born. She went to live with my mom and dad when she started peeing and pooping all over the house we were living in at the time. So far, we are not allergic to her. I did notice that my throat gets itchy/scratchy after I have been sitting with her on my lap. So, I am not sure if that means that I am allergic to her or not. That is a funny story! Sounds like something me and my hubby would do!

Sassy_Chick
09-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Good Morning Girls.

Just waiting for DH to get off work and then his vacation starts! :woohoo:

Hello and :welcome:, Ellen!

Tammy -- TY. You know I couldn't even tape my glasses because of how they broke. lol. So I'm stuck with my "Sally Jesse Raphael" Glasses for now that are totally driving me insane! :p Our friend had laser correction surgery and his eyesight was very very bad and he now has better than 20/20, but he just had his this year, sorry to hear you have to wear reading glasses, but I've heard that happens sometimes. I'm thinking about going to Lens Crafters just so I can get my glasses today. But maybe if I go to Costco (where we went before) maybe they can just give me one set of contacts to get me by......That is a funny story about you and your DH and the grasshoppers! Too bad you didn't record it, you could send it in to America's Funniest Videos. lol.

Mindee -- No haven't looked for them yet. DH said he would look for them when he gets home, which should be soon, he gets off work in 15 min. :D If not like I said above to Tammy, I am considering going to Lens Crafters so I can get my new glasses today or if I go to Costco, maybe they can get me a set of contacts to just get me by. They should have my info in their system. At any rate I have to do something because these old glasses of mine are driving me crazy! :dizzy:

Hello to everybody else out there! My computer is sick. :( It keeps showing all these funky colors all over my screen every once in a while, then it freezes up and I have to turn it off and turn it back on. Annoying. :mad: But DH said he'd look at it and fix it while he is off. :) I hope he can fix it cuz it is driving me insane! lol. I am so happy that soon my DH will be coming home and will be off too and we can spend some time together. :)

Have a Great Week!!!!!!!

Jane
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
See you at #268!