Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #1  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Default Favorite exercise videos?

Does anyone have an idea for a great beginner's workout video? I am not particularly interested in yoga at this point (maybe later, when I don't have to actually pick up my leg to put on a sock) but I am open to any other kinds! My beautiful, lovely thin Mother gifted me some $$ to buy a new video since my work schedule and single-momminess makes it difficult to go to the gym more than once or twice a week. Please let me know your faves and if you got some results.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I downloaded the Leslie Sansone 'walk away the pounds" vids, the 1 mile, 2 mile and i think the 3?? they're fun and not too hard, and best yet, you can do them in your own living room!

I also have The Biggest Loser workout ~ i like it cuz it has big people doing the movements, makes it more encouraging and who doesn't love Bob? heheheh

good luck
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #3  

That's funny, Trazey...I was going to suggest those exact videos, lol. I really enjoy the BL 1 and 2 workouts. I enjoy these because the movements are challenging, but most are pretty doable. And a lot of the time, if something is uncomfortable, they offer modification ideas. The WATP are good, also. I was all excited when I could keep up with Leslie, lol. She offers good modification tips, also. The challenge jog is always something fun to work toward.

Those are the best I have found. Look forward to hearing more.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Ditto on those tapes! They are all great!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  
FatCat

I have a dumb question. Is "Walk Away the Pounds" an exercise video that you can do on your living room carpet? Or is it like a guide or plan for walking around OUTside your house? Or on a treadmill?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Walk Away the Pounds is done in your own living room! All you need is a small amount of floor space and some good shoes!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Walk Away The Pounds! I love, love, love them!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #8  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

I agree with the others...Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds tapes/DVD's are wonderful. I love watching the Biggest Loser DVD also, but unfortunately it's too rough on my knees so the majority of the time all I can do is watch it which doesn't really help me. One of my favorite DVD's is one I checked out of the library - it's Ultimate Body, Beginning Workouts for Weight Loss. There are many different workouts on it, they have some that are 15 minutes workouts, some that are 45 minutes. And it includes some cardio kickboxing exercises that are so much fun!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #9  
FatCat

Alright!! I got "Walk Away the Pounds" which includes a resistance band (I am a sucker for the little lagniappe). I also eyed "Dancing with the Stars Cardio Dance" but I decided to hold off on that for awhile since I just ordered a belly dance video from Amazon. I also got new workout clothes (why are all the workout clothes size 8? Don't manufacturers realize that not every who wants to exercise is starting out at a size 8?) Anyway... I am so excited! As soon as the kids are done watching Schoolhouse Rock I am throwing this in.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
Alright!! I got "Walk Away the Pounds" which includes a resistance band (I am a sucker for the little lagniappe). I also eyed "Dancing with the Stars Cardio Dance" but I decided to hold off on that for awhile since I just ordered a belly dance video from Amazon. I also got new workout clothes (why are all the workout clothes size 8? Don't manufacturers realize that not every who wants to exercise is starting out at a size 8?) Anyway... I am so excited! As soon as the kids are done watching Schoolhouse Rock I am throwing this in.
Great choice! It has the 3&4 mile express walks, right? I like those.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #11  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I agree walk away the pounds and biggest loser (first one) are great beginner videos!

If you do the WATP ones for a few months and want to move onto something else I've been enjoying the Turbo Jams too. Go Step for Beginners (Kari Anderson) is good if you want to try step... and Jari loves "Get Ripped" if a good basis for starting weight training.

I started with both biggest loser and WATP last year myself also.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote