View Poll Results: If my baby's gender is obvious @ my dr's visit, should I find out what I'm having?
YES!!! 5 55.56%
NO!! 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #1  

Wink Home of the Loozing Floozies #28

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #2  

Default Finally, finally!!

I am FINALLY going to send out the Floozie "directory" that I spoke of doing forever ago.

Those of you whose addresses I have are: Gayle, Shelley, Debbi and Darlene (and myself, of course ).

That's not very many of us

If you want to be included (and maybe receive some good old-fashioned snail mail every-now-and-then from some GREAT folks), PLEASE PM me your address.

Also, I still have Ramona's address from a long time ago--do y'all think I should include her? It might make her feel good to get a card or something from us.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #3  

Oh, for those of you who don't know--Darlene is Dee
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #4  

Rennie!!

Welcome to our group--come in, make yourself at home!! We love newbies!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't vote. You need a Maybe in there!!!

I didn't want to know with my first. But somehow I knew she'd be a girl. She was.

I didn't want to know with my 2nd, but obviously the doctor knew because he kept referring to him as 'him.' He was a he! Boy am I glad!--I had wanted another girl, but he's been the greatest.

Now that I look back on it all, I think "why?" It would have been a lot simpler to have known the sex (the presents would have been more color coordinated). After all, what difference does it make knowing NOW versus knowing in a few MONTHS?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #6  
Losing it!

I'm like Allison, even without confirmation, I knew both pregnancy's were girls. It makes sense to know ahead, so you can do colors, clothing etc. Besides that, little Buckey might look kinda funny in the pink little tutu his Auntie Gayle may be sending!!

WELCOME SHY MOMENT! Join right in!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #7  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I didn't know with either of my boys, so it was a surprise each time. I was sure that Travis was going to be a girl and I REALLY wanted a girl...I ended up with an 11 lb. 4 oz. boy! You can't get much farther away from a girl than that! If you have a preference, then I would say find out now, so you can start getting use to the idea before the baby gets here.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #8  
Losing it!

I never wanted a boy because of the whole peeing up in the air thing!!!

I think Ramona would love to be included Cheryl!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #9  

I found out both times what I was going to have mainly from the amnio. There is always that little doubt in your head before baby pops out.

You all have been very chatty and I am sorry to miss it! I have been so busy with school and daycare that I get home and don't turn on the computer. Yesterday I was off for Rosh Hashanah. Actually school was out in the District for the holiday. Today is a hurricaine makeup day, so only 12 mos people have to work. I'll go in only until about 1:00.

Gayle-Your WOE does appear to be healthy and I am sorry I doubted you.

Allison-Yay the lbs. lost!

Have any of you ladies had burnion surgery? My pod says the neuroma I have is directly related to the bunion. He says the down time is 2 weeks at home and 6-8 weeks of a boot. I have never stayed home in my life for more than 3 days and wouldn't this time either. It's a tough decision to make. I really want to be able to run again and wear shoes that don't hurt.

Janice-I don't know what the Secret is. If you told me, I have forgotten. Is it a tv movie?

Cheryl-I can't believe how far along you are already! Please soon you'll be a mommy!

Welcome to the group, Rennie.

Suzie-Wow! Travis was huge!!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 09-14-2007 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Addition of words
Old 09-14-2007, 08:40 AM   #10  
Losing it!

OH MY GOSH SUZIE! I just went back and reread the weight! I thought I almost died having 8 pounders!! LOL! Your such a tiny thing too! You must of been all tummy!

Shelley, I knew you were busy, so your excused from being MIA. I hope things settle in so you can come play more often. Enjoy your early day off today!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #11  
Janice

Shelley - the Secret is out in book or Movie. It is about positive thinking and attracting good stuff around you.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #12  

Rennie welcome to the group. You will find that we are a bunch of great ladies.

Suzy man that is what you call pushing out a baby. Did you have a cesarean? (sp? got me so flustered I can't even spell.)

Cheryl I like surprises so I wouldn't want to know. Good luck with what ever you decided. When you get everyones addie that wants to participate can you pm them?

Shelley my aqua instructor had the surgery this spring. She is happy that she had it done becasue now she can wear any kind of shoes. She did say that it was very painful though.
Please go get the movie the secret this weekend and watch it or read it. It will be worth the time, I promise.

Janice do you read any other simular material? I am into Eckhart Tolle. He is just awesome. Larry was never into that kind of thing until he heard a cd from him. Now that is all he listens to when he is in the car.

My back is still really bad. My whole routine for exercise has changed this week. I have been just swimming a little bit of walking. I am not even sure if I will do anything today.
Got to rest up for tonight. Larry surprised me last night with Blue Man tickets. Anyone seen them before? When we were in Vegas a few years ago Larry went with some clients. He loved it. I will let you know what I think.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Shelley, I stress to you... if you decide to have the surgery done, please stay home as directed by your doctor! We had a staff member have foot surgery a few months ago. She came back too soon and ended up with complications and infection into the bone. To the point she now has a port in her arm to flush antibiotics. She makes a trip to the hospital to have the medication administered. I wish you the best sweetie with your decision, but please, take the time needed to heal properly.

I need to go check Eckhart Tolle out Dee! I love motivational speakers, they get me so... motivated!! LOL!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #14  

Janice-I'm not really into the motivational stuff, other than I used to years ago listen to Susan Powter, but that was all diet stuff. I sometimes like to listen to the infomercials that what's his name does. You know the real tall good looking muscular guy? I can't remember his name.

Dee-I'm sorry you're hurting again. It seems a never ending battle for you. Prayers to you! How is Dez's butt?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #15  

Shelley thank for the prayers.
Dez hasn't seen the doctor yet for her butt. She won't try the cream that Gayle recommended either. I think that she sees the doc next week.

We had an awesome time at the Blue Men in concert last night. Larry told me not to tell Dez we were going because she really wanted to go but can't afford it. Well as the good Lord would have it a friend of her was given tickets by a band member. She took her and they had 12th row seats and back stage passes. Dez was flying high she was so happy. There was room to sit with them too so we ended up with fantastic seats.
I tell you for a girl with no money this week she went to a Mozart Concert (which she had free tickets and took us, awesome) friends took her to the movie Halloween, and then Blue Men Concert. Sheesh, she had a lot of great entertainment and all for free. She said last night that she knows that someone above is looking out for her.
She also had a interview yesterday with a Pepsi CEO for a job. He told her that he thought that she would fit in. He has three other people to meet and then a team will meet and interview her. The wages and benifits are awesome.

It has been cool here for the last few weeks. Only in the 40's. Today it will be in the upper 60's and sunny. Beleive it or not that is going to feel balmy after the frosty nights.

I am going out to pick my tomatoes and Larry will continue working on that fence that was a one day job....lol He is also going to close the pool.

Janice is your pool closed down yet? We usually close ours for the sept long weekend. Just to buzy this year.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Closed Thread