Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #1  

Unhappy HELP! I need direction on my exercise routine!!!

Here's the scoop. Wanting to get rid of 10-15 pounds and have started working out last week four times. Will make it 5 times this week and that's what I want to stick with.

Billy Blanks Ultimate DVD - 3x's
Walk/Jog on treadmill for 4 miles - 2x's

So, have done this a little over a week and guess what?! I am 3 pounds heavier than what I started. Guess it is muscle I am building? I am not using heavy weights but just a 3 & 5 pound in the BB dvd and that's it. There are a ton of squats in the dvd, kicks, a lot of cardio and tummy/butt exercises. What am I doing wrong??? Will this weight gain stop??? I am trying to stick with about a 1300 cal. day. I am 39 and 5'1" so I am uncertain what to do.

Should I give this routine of mine at least a month to see or just stop the BB since there are a lot of squats and maybe that's what is making me gain muscle in my legs. I don't need it there, believe me!

HELP ME WITH YOUR ADVICE AND TIPS!
taben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #2  
Meg

Relax, Tammy, it's OK! You're probably retaining some water from your new exercise program. It's common for sore muscles to hold onto some water at first. It will leave soon!

Don't be concerned about it being muscle and worrying that you might bulk up. It would take months of training with heavy weights to add three pounds of muscle. Unfortunately, we can't do it in a week. But don't be afraid of adding muscle - it will make you smaller and tighter and keep your metabolism running high.

I don't think you should change a thing! The three pound gain is a fluke and will be gone before you know it. It sounds like you're off to a great start!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #3  

Thanks MEG!!!

I will keep this routine going and give it a try and not get so discouraged so quickly! WOW! A size 4!? That's what I would love to be! YOU ARE AWESOME!
taben is offline   Reply With Quote