LA Weight Loss - control trim

View Full Version : control trim

VIRGO062
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I just tried some brownies using the Control Trim and I must say they were delicious and the fat was cut by 30% (if I remember correctly). I bought some of the powder and the caplets. You can also double your egg portionsfrom 1 to 2 using the powder. I must say it's exciting

Lynx
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds interesting. What is the cost for the powder and the caplets? Is this just a corporate center product?

VIRGO062
09-13-2007, 01:59 PM
The powder is $23.06 and the caplets were $53.45. I had to pre order the caplets and have not received them. The powder also comes with a recipe book and I am trying the Lasagana this weekend.

maiat
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I have been using the powder, but I didn't get the cookbook with it. I should ask about that. I have just been mixing the powder into stuff like yogurt or sour cream. It would be nice to have recipes to use with it.

JLem311
09-15-2007, 04:32 PM
my cod told me about the control trim today, it seems like to me it's a better version of the benefiber stuff you can stir into water or anything and it's tasteless. would love to hear some stories about good/bad results with using it.

VIRGO062
09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I used the Control Trim last night in my sour cream on my baked potato. All I had to eat all day yesterday was a lite for breakfast and pb&j sandwich for lunch. I am usually starving by dinner. I ate my potato with SC and butter spray and took 3 bites of a lovely Ribeye steak. I seemed to be really full after the baked potato. I never took another bite of food the rest of the night. Now I know I am supposed to get in ALL of my foods but I could not put another bite in my mouth las night. I am sure the Control Trim filled me up. I am starting the take off this morning and I am going to put some CT in my juice.

VIRGO062
09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Recipe for CT Sourcreme.

First make the CT paste:
1 c. water
1/2 c. CT (mix well.)

1 c. light Sour Cream add 1/2 C CT paste.

donnakd
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I picked up my ct week before last--I preordered some, and brought home 2 powders and 1 tablet. I have taken the tablets b4 meals a couple of times, and couldn't tell anything. I haven't even opened the powder(shame on me!). I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow--think I am gonna try putting some powder in, too!! And gonna mix me up some paste to try in other things!! Thanks for posting, made me realize I need to try the powder, and give the tablets another try!!

LittleBlueCat
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Is this something you can only get through a COD?? Maybe I should go back to the COD? This sounds like a good thing to try!

VIRGO062
09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
LittleBlueCat I believe it's nationwide you should be able to pre order this. Maybe it has not reached you COD yet. I must say you are doing really good without it.

QueenLucia
09-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Can we get this in Canada?

MetalChic
09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
How much fiber per serving? How many pills or how much power per serving?

Is there anything other than fiber in it?

I suspect that you may come out cheaper buying a fiber supplement at the store rather than buying theirs.

merem
09-20-2007, 08:30 AM
How much fiber per serving? How many pills or how much power per serving?

Is there anything other than fiber in it?

I suspect that you may come out cheaper buying a fiber supplement at the store rather than buying theirs.

The Controltrim caplets have <1 gram dietary fiber, 1 gram total carbohydrate, 7 calories, 0 gram protein per serving. Serving size: 2 caplets and contains 2 grams Controltrim (oat bran hydrocolloid concentrate).

The Controltrim powder has 1 gram dietary fiber, 5 gram total carbohydrate, 26 calories, and 1 gram protein per serving. The serving size is 1 scoop (or 2 Tbsp).

The Controltrim has all-natural oat bran that claims to give a feeling of fullness and satiety and it has many health benefits for a healthy heart like lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It was developed by the USDA and sold exclusively at LA Weight Loss.

ViolinCyndee
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Interesting.. I will have to ask about it. Btw.. what is "COD"?

Kimphin
10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
COD= Center of Doom, i.e. LAWL center.

Ternoway
10-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Can we get this in Canada?

I'm pretty sure you can. I haven't bought it but when I switched to the numbered plan they mentioned it to me. Ask at your COD

QueenLucia
11-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi
Was told today that control trim is coming to Ottawa, Canada... can't wait, after all I have read here tody!
Have a good weekend

IKIF
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
well I have both but I haven't really noticed any difference... and also.. were they supposed to give me a recipe book with the powder?? 'cus I didn't got anything lol -- tried using the powder but I sense the chalkiness in my drinks.. so if anyone knows how to mix it up.. that would be awesome.. and also.. at my COD the girl told me that the powder doesn't count as fat, she said it counted as any of the other supplements... and that's when I stopped using it because I didn't knew if it was fat or not.. and to be sure I stopped and continued eating 10 almonds a day

Heather115
12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I tried taking the ControlTrim tablets, two before each meal, and found I was hungrier within an hour or so of eating than if I didn't use them. That doesn't make a lick of sense, now does it?! It's supposed to fill me up and isn't touted as something to increase metabolism so I don't know what's up with that. My COD looked at me like I was nuts - so go ahead, it's alright! I won't be offended! :) Maybe it's all in my head.
I did use the powder in my Thanksgiving pumpkin bread and nobody could tell the difference. At least I knew the bread had a bit less fat than normal since I couldn't resist eating some of it. I also tried mixing the powder in scrambled eggs and could taste it there.
I need to keep experimenting. I paid a small fortune for the stuff so I'd better just suck it up and use it, huh?!

JerseyMadchen
12-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Hello guys!

I must admit, you have my curiosity peeked! Here's their official website with some sample recipes:

http://www.controltrim.com

shshshhh
12-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Does anyone know if I just add Fiber Sure to my water or food, will it do the same thing? I don't have spare cash to spend on the Control Trim and I know adding the FS to the Knudsen's Juice when I do the FF makes a huge difference.

Thanks

Tuesday Cool
12-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Control trim powder is free up to three scoops a day. After three scoops it is one starch. The product is very finely ground oat bran. I tried it and it gives me a stomach ache, causes bloating and gas. I find myself needing to eat sooner because my stomach hurts and I am trying to stop the pain.
The children running my COD swear by CT, but they would. I prefer to stay with foods I will be eating for the rest of my life.

shshshhh
12-05-2007, 02:34 AM
TuesdayCool

I know what you mean about sticking to foods we will be able to eat after LAWL. I eat plenty of fresh veggies and fruits and make my starch choices high fiber as well, so I am going to skip the CT. My past efforts at weight loss all failed because I either ate foods that were prepared or (shudder) took diet pills. Same old story, did not really learn anything about changing my eating habits and it always came back plus a bonus of more weight.

Heather115
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Control trim powder is free up to three scoops a day. After three scoops it is one starch. The product is very finely ground oat bran. I tried it and it gives me a stomach ache, causes bloating and gas. I find myself needing to eat sooner because my stomach hurts and I am trying to stop the pain.
The children running my COD swear by CT, but they would. I prefer to stay with foods I will be eating for the rest of my life.

Ah, that would explain my tummy ache this morning. I took ControlTrim before all three meals yesterday and I started feeling it around bedtime last night. I don't seem to have a problem if I limit it to breakfast and lunch, but it's dinner time when I need the most help because I usually eat late and am REALLY hungry. I'll have to do some experimenting, I guess. Thanks for sharing that - it's all making sense to me now!