100 lb. Club - I Fit!!!

View Full Version : I Fit!!!

tingirl
09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I was so excited about this that I had to share.
Last year at this time I went to back to school night at my daughter’s high school. When I walked into the classroom I saw those horrible chairs with the desk attached to them. I looked at it and thought “I sure hope I can fit in that”. I squeezed myself into the desk and I swear I couldn’t breathe. My boobs were sitting on the desk because it was such a tight squeeze. It was terrible. I didn’t hear a word the teacher’s said because I felt like everyone was looking at me and thinking how sad I looked. I live and work in a very snooty area and most of the moms stay home and spend their day at the gym or spa. I felt so FAT and horrible!
This year was a totally different story. I had the same anxiety when I walked into the classroom and saw those terrible desks. I knew in my mind that I had lost a lot of weight, but I just kept thinking about last year. I got my courage up and went to the desk and sat down. To my shock – I had plenty of room. I felt totally normal! I know it doesn’t sound that exciting but to me it was FANTASTIC!
To anyone that is having problems giving up the fast food or junk food I want to tell you with all my heart that the feeling I had last night was so much better than any food you can possibly imagine!

Elizabeth04
09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
that is absolutely awesome congratulations! :carrot:

Sheila53
09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
That is totally wonderful!! :bravo:

I can totally relate to this. I only wish I had lost weight before all my kids were out of school so that I could experience that awesome feeling. Way to go, tingirl!

Robin41
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
It may seem like a little thing, but stuff like this takes so much stress out of your life, it's amazing. Congratulations.

royalsfan1
09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I've been there!!!! I didn't fit last year....I SOOOO hope I fit this year!

Congratulations on a job WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

melsfolly
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Congratulations! I bet that felt great!!

dek6
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
That is awesome. Congrats. I can not wait to get that feeling.

LisaMarie71
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Yay!! That's awesome!

The student desk thing was a BIG thing for me. When I started teaching full-time in 2005 I could BARELY squeeze into a desk. I really couldn't fit, but I could manage when I had to. I teach, so occasionally I have to sit in one of those godforsaken seats. It was such a nightmare my first year. This past year as I was losing weight, I could feel myself slowly getting more room in the desks, and now there's a CRAZY amount of room there! In fact, I just noticed how much room there was today and I was thrilled all over again. It doesn't get old!

shelby897
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Maybe that's my problem -- my son has a desk and seperate chair!!! Plenty of room to slide myself wayyyy back!!

Congratulations -- all of us "fat chicks" understand that it is an amazing accomplishment and something to be so proud of yourself for!! I hope you sat right up front. :D

thistoo
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
That is great : ) Congratulations!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
To my shock – I had plenty of room. I felt totally normal! I know it doesn’t sound that exciting but to me it was FANTASTIC!

Oh wow! how wonderful for you and what a great inspirational story for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing it :hug:

lalique
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Thats wonderful!!! :bravo:

hellokitty81668
09-13-2007, 06:56 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:
That is great news !! I can't wait until that happens to me, because this is one of my problems, I feel so horrible about myself trying to get into those chairs.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-13-2007, 08:11 AM
That is great! Congratulations!

Sandi
09-13-2007, 08:41 AM
That is really great!! Congratulations!

So far Jacob has had chairs that are separate. Thank Goodness!!

finn
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Coooool!

PeggyP
09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_20.gif
That is so great!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to be able to fit in an airplane seat without stretching the seat belt to the max!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gifGood for you!!!!

Hope20
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
So excited for you!! what an awesome nsv, keep it up!! You gave me the motivation I needed today:)

puboochu99
09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
That is Great! I hope by the time I have to sit in one of those chairs again I will fit!

WindyCityChick
09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Must have been a terrific feeling, congrats! I find it is being able to do the "little things" in day to day life that mean the most in the weight loss journey, this is a great example of that.

Jniniffer
09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
:carrot: great job!

xJox
09-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Congrats!!!

rockinrobin
09-15-2007, 01:13 AM
I see this thread has been around awhile. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

Anyway, OMG, CAN I ABSOLUTELY relate to this. You've brought up such memories for me. I used to dread, dread, DREAD going to open school night at my daughters high school. Of course it was seeing all the parents and teachers in general, but without a doubt the biggest reason was those horrible chair/desk things. I used to have to stuff myself in there. IT WAS AWFUL. Ours takes place in November, and last year that was a good 2 and 1/2 months into my journey. I was so happy that even at that time, I was able to ease into that desk/chair and I distinctly remember having a thread on it, that's just how relieved I was to be able to do so.

I am so happy for you, because I KNOW just how great a feeling it is. Congratulations!!!!

You've really just reminded me that no matter how difficult this journey may be at times, just how very worth it, it really is. :hug:

OptimistK
09-15-2007, 09:42 PM
That's lovely, I know you feel awesome!!!