LA Weight Loss - 5 Day Plateau Breaker

View Full Version : 5 Day Plateau Breaker

amylou7777
09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I know these have been posted before, but I just got a print out of it from my COD and thought I'd share with any of you who'd like to try it!

Note: My COD has not changed to the Feel Full Numbered Plans. It is a corporate/pure weight loss center!

PLATEAU BREAK
5 Days

- Eliminate all condiments
- Eliminate all fast and frozen foods
- Increase water intake to ten (10) 8oz glasses
- Consume all fruits, vegetables, dairy, and fat servings as indicated on plan
- Limit protein and starch choices to those listed below.

PROTEIN CHOICES (Follow Plan Servings Size)

Veal
Cutlet Rump
Chop

Fish Sole
Bass Cod
Halibut Flounder
Lake Perch Orange Roughy
Fresh Tuna Talipia
Lobster Scrod
Shrimp Whitefish
Flounder Red Snapper

POULTRY
Chicken BReast
Turkey Breast
Ground Turkey Breast

VEGETARIAN
Egg Whites
Egg Substitute
Soybeans
Tofu

STARCH CHOICES (Follow plan serving size)

Lite Bread
Melba Toast
Bread Sticks (Stella D'oro Original or Fattorie and Pandera)
Akmak Cracker
Unsalted Rice Cake
Kavil Crispy Bread, Thin
Unprocessed Bran
Fat Free Saltine
Wasa Crackers
Whole Wheat Pita
Reduced Fat Triscuits
reduced fat wheat thins
Kavil Hearty Rye

FAT BURNING FOODS
6 egg whites
1/2 grapefruit
asparagus
strawberries
blackberries
blueberries
squash
broccoli
brussel sprouts
apples
raspberries
bok choy

chiquita623
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks Amy. I've been stuck for over a month now with the same 2 - 3 pound loss/gain so maybe I'll try this. Let us know if it helps you!! Good luck.

smjezzy
09-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info Amy. I've copied it up to the newbie thread for future reference.

whatazoo
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks Amy - I really appreciate it!

shshshhh
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Amy

I did this and it WORKED! I lost 4.6 pounds that week after being stuck for 2 weeks. It is realtively painless, no TO juice and same portions as your regular plan, just sticking to low fat choices and eliminating the extras. The only thing I did notice from the list that you posted (thank sooooo much, now I have a copy I can print) is that I was told to add 2 cups of water each day for the first two days.

Roberta

aguerin
09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
What about the lites? This dosen't really mention them. I am assuming that you still have 2 a day? I have seen in the other posts that you use 1 bar and 1 drink.

Another question. Is the Frozen food referring to the Frozen Entree's only or does that include the vegetables and fruit. I love the frozen blackberries, so I need to know if I can have them or not. I cannot see why you wouldn't be able to have them. Sorry to make it so complicated, just wondering if it addresses any of these.

hollyak24
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Amy (amylou),
I have a question too. Do you exclude dairy during this period? Also, as Amy (aguerin) asked, are lites used during this period? I would assume that if you normally use lites, you use lites during the plateau buster and use the foods in the list in serving sizes according to your normal plan.
Thanks for posting this!

ETA: I see the note at the top says to consume all dairy and other servings, so disregard this question. oops...I should read more carefully.

Lynx
09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
You don't eliminate any food categories. You are just eating lighter choices. Amy, I am sure the frozen fruits are fine as long as they are comparable to the fresh version. You are eliminating the frozen dinners.

amylou7777
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes, you eat the same as plan with the exception of the noted changes. The frozen food is most definitely the frozen meals.

As for the lites...I am still doing them. My COD didn't mention them one way or the other. I am going back in tomorrow to double check BUT I don't know if I could give them up...the no condiments is kind of making things a little boring (no salad dressing???) but you can use the morton lite salt and lemon to perk things up!

Roberta I'm so glad to hear it worked for you!

donnakd
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for posting this, Amy. I can't seem to get the scale to budge. Going to start this tomorrow. Plan to go weigh in on Saturday, maybe it will make me show a loss. Do you think it will be okay to do this, then follow it with takeoff??

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
So I checked with my COD and you do continue with lites during this 5 day period! She said to make sure to increase you water and really avoid any pre-packaged foods!

It's worked for me....another lb in 2 days!

Lynx
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Here is something I found elsewhere. I had it saved and will repeat it here.

Anonymous advice from a LAWL Counselor

This counselor had lost over 100 pounds on LAWL and has kept it off for 8 years.
1. Eat only 1 LAWL bar a day and for the other lite use their cocoa, pudding, shake. The bars have too much sugar in them.
2. For fruit eat cantalope, strawberries, apples and grapes. They flush out of your system faster.
3. Mix up your foods - don't get in a rut eating the same every day.
4.When you eat a Lean Cuisine or eat out make your fruit the next day melons. Best fruits are berries, citrus, and melons. Instead of dried fruits--eat an apple a day. Crunch foods help with stress.
5. Limit beef intake. Better to eat fish, chicken, and turkey.
6. Limit pork, peanut butter, and all dried fruits.
7. Use lettuce with Lean Cuisine or similar meals to limit the salt retention.
8. Don't eat carrots daily--too much sugar. In fact, get them out of your diet al together.
9. Have a piece of cheese toast for breakfast. While you can split dairy it really is better to stay with the same dairy daily. You can split the serving but don't mix up the types.
10. Be consistent on water intake. If all you drink is 40 ounces--then do that every day. Up and down on water can affect water retention.

amylou7777
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow there are some tips in there I've never heard. Thanks Lynn. I'm going to try to work on a few of these!

amylou7777
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Just bumping this up for all who are interested...it works if you stick to it!

shshshhh
09-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Those are great tips. I actually printed out a copy with the Plateau Buster (again). I had a wierd evening last night and ate everything that was not nailed down. Not sure what set it off, but I must have consumed an extra day's calories all after 6:00 pm.

This morning I started the Plateau Buster - hopefully it will work as well as it did before. I finally weigh back in next Saturday after my mandatory medical leave for 2 1/2 weeks. I have really missed knowing that I was going to weigh in every week.

Hopefully, I did not do too much damage. I am going to bump up my workouts and water this week.

healthy2b
09-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks Amy!

KrispieD
10-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Bumping Up Again :)

Joni135
10-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I also found this post from Deb...I like this easy to follow plan too!

Here's a plateau breaker suggested by my COD-

Proteins - lean options such as chicken, fish and veal
Starches - high fiber/low cal, lite whole grain bread (35-45 cal/slice)
Fruits - high fiber - strawberries, raspberries (I used frozen) and apples
Vegetables - high fiber - broccoli and spinach
LA Lites: 1 drink and 1 bar instead of two bars a day.
H2O - up to 10-12 glasses
No fast food, frozen food or restaurant foods

In addition, I suggest hot lemon water first thing in the morning
and adding lemon juice to your water.

I also try to use protein instead of cereal for my breakfast to get my metabolism going early in the day. Try skim ricotta cheese slightly warm with cinnamon. It is yummy. You can add fruit if you like.

amylou7777
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
This sounds good Joni. I need to kick it up with my lemon water...I've been slackin. I liked Felicia's idea to add splenda.

amylou7777
02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Alright-I'm starting this today and going through the week with it to get the scale moving! Anyone with me for the next 5 days?

Joni's post above is a scaled down version of my original post on the first page!

I want to see 236 this week! I'm due!

michie
02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm in...

I am going to LA on Friday to see a show with a friend I haven't seen in a loooooooong time and I want to look good! Also, I think my DBF would appreciate it if I looked extra hot on Valentine's day. :-)

I wanna take it a step further and say I am going to work out EVERYDAY this week! No matter what! On my way to the gym RIGHT NOW!

Good luck Amy! I want you to see 235 by VDay!

Tuesday Cool
02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I dunno it sounds draconian. but I have been on a rampage this weekend. I let myself have a tsp of PButter and off I went. No kidding I was like a drunk at a party. So a guess I am in. I am not really in a plateau but I feel one coming on. Good luck to us all. T

ChopperChick355
02-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Well I think I may try this for the week as well. I am not really on a plateau right now but need something to kick start the weightloss instead of weight gain right now. I have wondered quite often what is the best fruits to eat. Wow had no idea ab out the carrots, I was eating them almost everyday to get my vegetables in, well that and I travel daily with my job so they were easy to take along and eat on the road. I will cut them out from here on out though. In Lynx advice as well you state cantelope is good and then #4 you state to melon isn't melon and cantelope two different things?
Thanks for any and all advice.

Tuesday Cool
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Cantaloupe is a type of melon. (and hard to spell!)
You can try eating cucumbers in place of carrots (frankly, I eat carrots and see no problem) For cucumbers I slice them and soak in rice wine vinegar and splenda. I add some Japanese seasonings so it is like the salad they give you at the beginning of a sushi dinner. They can sit in the fridge for days and just get better.
Just looked up the calorie count carrots 1/2 cup raw = 26 calories but contains 150% of you recommended vitamin A.
Cucumber 1/2 c raw = 8 calories! (that is close to water) almost no nutrition either.
broccoli 1/2 cup raw = 15 calories good vitamin C low A
snap peas 1/2 c raw = 16 calories
When you think about it the exchange for the vitamin content may be worth it.

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Glad you all are with me! Definitely post your menu ideas on here as it can get kind of rough without ANY condiments!! I'm definitely going to be eating lots of cucumber and broccoli. I mostly miss my salad dressing!

Let's move those tickers!!

GrandmaCindy
02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm with you, even though I had already eaten breakfast before seeing the thread, so I've had one condiment!

I usually eat a lot the frozen individuals servings of vegs that are the "right" ones, i.e. brocolli, brussel sprouts, spinach. Do you think this is okay? I'm hoping the "eliminate all fast and frozen foods" are the prepared meals, rather than just vegs.

Good luck! Cindy

Tuesday Cool
02-11-2008, 08:53 AM
I think the no frozen foods is just for the frozen dinners. I plan on eating frozen veggies and fruit.

bradleys mom
02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Good luck gals!!

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks KImberly!

Yes- the frozen foods is referring to Lean Cusine's etc. When I had a COD she also said that garden burgers were "ok" not highly reccommended but definitely better than beef etc.

Don't forget to UP your water intake during this week as well. If you drink coffee or a caffinated beverage, drink those ounces back in water as well since they have a dehydrating effect!

I'm feeling motivated that I can do this-let's do it ladies!

Michelle-I'm with you on working out everyday!!

pjbeau
02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Okay, I'll try anything at this point. I'm tired of my ticker not moving and feeling very defeated.

Tuesday Cool
02-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I already blew it by having dressing on my salad! Oh well. It was yucky with out anything.

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
So far so good for me today! Tues- I feel your pain. I had a salad with chicken and cucumber-NO DRESSING! I can't believe I made it through, but with no access to dressing where I was-it worked!

I still have fruits left for when I get home from class since I forgot to pack them before I left!!

If you were a little off today don't get sidetracked-it's not that hard if you really plan ahead!

GrandmaCindy
02-12-2008, 07:02 AM
When "planning" last night, I realized the food portion of the plan is what I was normally doing anyway. I have a "system" of what I take to work and it usually alternates between tuna, chicken, and turkey. Other than no tuna this week and a couple of different fruits thrown in, the loss of condiments (my all time favorite FF cool whip on LA Lite!) is pretty much the big difference for me. I'm also trying to pick vegs from the fat burner list. Here's to another good day! Cindy

pjbeau
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I started of well this morning. I planned and packed my lunch...then...brainfart...before I realized what I was doing I had downed half of a Slimfast drink. Oh well, the rest of my day has been on the "breaker" plan.

GrandmaCindy
02-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Hope everyone did well and made it through the last five days. I stayed pretty much with it, although I'm sure the restaurant we add at for V-day cooked with many spices and fat. I ate plan food, but probably didn't go with the no condiments thing from that angle. I saw 149.8 on the early morning scale, first time I've seen that kind of number in 20 years. Even though didn't drop a lot of pounds, I'm feeling good about it. Cindy

amylou7777
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi guys. I did well Sun-Tues. Wed and Thurs were not on PB plan but I did again today and plan on doing it through the weekend make sure I get 5 days in. Not ideal, but like you Cindy we went out for vday and I made good choices but not PB choices.

I saw a 1lb+ loss this week, would like to make it 2 by monday!

pjbeau
02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I did well on the PB plan for three days last week, but with VD and then going out of town for the weekend, I was doing good just to stay OP.

I think I will do like Amy and get at least a couple more days in this week.

aguerin
03-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Bumping up this thread up in March 2008 so we can start our spring cleaning!

Good Luck All. Maybe we should sign up to do this for 5 days. Maybe starting next week the 17th. Any takers?

chiquita623
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm in Amy. Starting Monday I'll be doing some "Spring Cleaning". That will work out perfectly since I'm on vacation next week and doing some painting and stuff around the house. Thanks for bumping this up.

aguerin
03-13-2008, 08:12 AM
O.K. Chiquita: We will see if we get any other takers. I am going to start a new thread for a challenge starting Monday, March 17th.