The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 4 Weekly Show Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chellez
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok I'm watching the show and I wanna talk about it!

Make sure you keep your show discussion here so people that haven't watched it don't get the show spoiled!

;) Lets chat!

chellez
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
What happened to the trainers picking from the people?

Yum!! look at BOB! :drool:

chellez
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
come on people.... I know you're out there! fire up that wireless internet and lets talk!

staciec878
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Bob is incredibly HOTT!!!
The first 5 min. of the show were so emotional!

ValentineBride
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I can see myself in so many of these people already.

chellez
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
woo You aren't lying.... I'm about to make a chat room if I can get it to work.:D

ValentineBride
09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Let me know. I'm here.

ValentineBride
09-11-2007, 09:32 PM
YAY. I wanted Amber to be picked.

chellez
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
ok ladies we have a chat room!

You dont have to signup for anything, just type in your name and click log in.

TBL Show Live Chat! (http://client0.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=247543)

Diva
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I can see myself in so many of these people already.

That's what I am screaming. I have already shed a few tears. I love this show! It totally inspires me!

eander5696
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I was in tears the first four minutes of this show! I just love how inspirational the changes are! And the table of junk food? OMG

Cassie501107
09-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, Bob is SO friggin' HOT! ::drool::

I love this show.:D

staciec878
09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
tHere weight loss's are AMAZING!!! For 1 week, even the girl who was the smallest lost 20 pounds in a week. Im just wondering how thats possible!! Its incredible!!1

anajjana
09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I've never really watched this show. I always come in half way through the finale when my cousin (who does watch the show) calls me talking about what just happened. This is my first time watching the first episode and boy was I not prepared!!! 30lbs in one week?! All I have is 15lbs left and I've been stuck there for the last 2 months!! I need to be on the biggest loser!!!

Azure
09-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Three words: I. Love. Jillian.

Also--could you BELIEVE the comeback Bob's team made with their smallest girl?! And 31 pounds on the 61-year-old guy!! Bob's team is pretty kick-***, too! It was an awesome intro episode--I love that the black team's there, too. SUCH a cool dynamic (and now our TBL challenge has its very own black team, too!). I'm so pumped to work hard this week :D

Oh, and guys? Still don't like Kim.

Azure
09-11-2007, 11:11 PM
20 pounds in a week is possible through: 6 hours of hardcore exercise a day with restricted calories (1200-1600 for women, depending on height/weight and 1500-2000 for men depending on height/weight, if I remember correctly), dehydration thanks to the "last chance" workout, water weight loss/glycogen depletion, canabalized muscle mass (which weighs 3x more than fat) because they're not eating enough calories for the amount of exercise they're doing, and then the actual fat loss...

;)

Cassie501107
09-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Jillian ROCKS my SOCKS..she's awesome, and I'm soooo glad she's on this season. Kim won't be happy--oh well!:D

And that old man is KiCkIn' bUtT! They underestimated him!

Fooled
09-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Awesome start to the season. This is the first time I've watched it at the start of the season, unless you count the marathons of previous seasons they have on the Style channel, so I'm looking forward to seeing how people change.

I saw a lot of my previous self in Amber. Having a fitness program has done wonders for my confidence and what I think I can do and I don't think I realized that at all until I was watching her and seeing myself in her tonight. I was actually wincing when I was watching her because I can remember how humiliated I'd get whenever I was singled out for extra help in a work out class or in gym class when I was younger, or when I was picked for a softball team just out of pity. I wanted her to stay on, but logistically she wasn't a strong player, and emotionally I don't think she was ready for the weight loss journey. I'd be annoyed if I were her team captain, too. And I know that Lezly (spelling?) has had a lot to deal with, but she's been annoying the **** out of me, and it was only probably 8-10 minutes of face time for her.

And holy cow that guy losing 31 pounds in a week. My jaw dropped. I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see more of the black team, because I'm a Jillian fangirl. I was thinking maybe we won't be seeing as much of them because the blue and red teams were legitimately picked, and so not getting as much face time is the penalty for not being picked for the original teams.

kaplods
09-11-2007, 11:34 PM
My husband is so P.O'd that I wanted to watch this. He finds the show very dangerous, and offensive, and while he has valid points, it's a guilty pleasure for me. I know the show isn't depicting typical or even healthy weightloss, but it's like watching a train wreck, I can't help it.

The huge weight losses, I would bet big money are a result of people loading up on water and high fiber food right before the first weigh-in. Losing 10% of your body weight in a week, is extremely dangerous, and I do think that eventually someone is going to die or get hurt very badly on the show - but I still can't help watching.

lilybelle
09-12-2007, 12:06 AM
This is the first time I've followed the show, but can't wait to watch each episode. I did hate that anyone got sent home although I would have chosen Amber too.

Gretchy
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
So I missed it but am curious [as I'm signed up to be on the black team on here...] what exactly is the deal with the black team? Was it a surprise extra team or something?

NotTheCheat
09-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Another first timer here, although I have caught occasional episodes before. I really wish they did a little disclaimer about how these results are completely atypical of reality, because when you see women being disappointed by 8 pound a week weigh-ins, it is just so sad.

It was absolutely astounding how much Kae and the older man lost. :wow:

I still really hate the whole uber drama of these things. Thank goodness for DVRs and being able to skip through the over the top stuff.

My question is, do they choose women without many stretch marks or do they airbrush them out? All those women seemed to have such nice skin. I have quite a lot of stretch marks in that area.

onthetee
09-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I had a big long reply and lost it. Rats.

happy to see Amber had lost after going home. did not think she had it in her.

Kim--what is it about her? Is it the perkiness? She just does not seem warm. Jillian does not seem warm, but she never puts it out there that she might have a moment of compassion.

When they were running for the team captain slot, I knew Bob would get picked first. If all three of them were there, I wondered who I would have picked. Not Kim, and maybe not Bob. I think that I would perform best for Jillian. I would perform for Bob because I did not want to let him down. I would perform for Jillian to prove that I could. I think if Kim tried to push me, I would just roll my eyes. What IS it about her?

Shay
09-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Who does like Kim? She just doesn't ring genuine to me. Love Bob and like Jillian.

Regarding the black team. Each of the team capts got to pick 5 people. That left 6 people who were told they were going home. Everyone else had left already so the six were the only ones there when Jillian shows up. They train in secret and show back up next week. So there will be 3 teams competing

chellez
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
I had a big long reply and lost it. Rats.

happy to see Amber had lost after going home. did not think she had it in her.

Kim--what is it about her? Is it the perkiness? She just does not seem warm. Jillian does not seem warm, but she never puts it out there that she might have a moment of compassion.

When they were running for the team captain slot, I knew Bob would get picked first. If all three of them were there, I wondered who I would have picked. Not Kim, and maybe not Bob. I think that I would perform best for Jillian. I would perform for Bob because I did not want to let him down. I would perform for Jillian to prove that I could. I think if Kim tried to push me, I would just roll my eyes. What IS it about her?

I lost my compassion really quick for Amber when she wsa screaming I want to go home... I'm glad to see she got her wish.

Kim is all attitude I think. She has her moments where she can be genuine but I think for the most part she tries to be too hardcore.

If all three trainers were there I would go to Bob. Not only cause I have his Push dvds but because I'd be getting some side action! :drool: :love: :lol:

Jillian would be second.... but I think I'd be slinging my attitude back at her if she really made me mad.

I'm really interested to see the episode they keep showing a clip of Kim saying "learn to trust your trainer"... I'm hoping someone is yelling at her. :p

xJox
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I think they need a disclaimer too. I mean realisticly a 30 lbs weight loss in a week can not be healthy. I was definately rooting for the old man, til I signed up for the black team on here tonight. lol. Now I guess Ill have to pick another favorite. Oh and Amber... good lord. I didnt like her at all from the moment she was saying she wanted to go home. Im glad she got her wish. I have to agree with others, if Kim was pushing me Id probably kick her ***. Jillian.. we'd be great friends. But Bob.. oh my... sinful thoughts.

Cassie501107
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I think they need a disclaimer too. I mean realisticly a 30 lbs weight loss in a week can not be healthy. I was definately rooting for the old man, til I signed up for the black team on here tonight. lol. Now I guess Ill have to pick another favorite. Oh and Amber... good lord. I didnt like her at all from the moment she was saying she wanted to go home. Im glad she got her wish. I have to agree with others, if Kim was pushing me Id probably kick her ***. Jillian.. we'd be great friends. But Bob.. oh my... sinful thoughts.

Bob gives me sinful thoughts, too...mmm! In the opener when they showed him without his shirt on, I swear I blushed so hard...rotfl!
I love Jillian...she's ROUGH!:D

LondonJulz
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I wanted Amber to leave too.... though I'm glad she wasn't left to go home because she'd be on the black team and I think poor Jillian would have strangled her! :rofl:

I love Jillian.... she's rude and she doesn't take crap from anyone - just the kind of trainer I would need.... however, Bob IS easy on the eyes and just seems like he really cares about each and every person on his team...... maybe I'd need Jillian to train me and Bob to congratulate me on my losses ;):D:yes:

Great first episode though - I cried in the first few minutes as well - I, as a lot of you have said, see myself in a lot of those people...

KUDOS to the old guy! WOW!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the concept of the "secret" black team......wow! awesome job to the producers!!!!

Should be a great season!

practiceliving
09-12-2007, 01:20 PM
LOVED the episode! I think the changes this season will be verrrrry interesting. I'm still a little irked with the show in general, and I agree that there really should be MORE of a disclaimer than that little blurb at the very end of each episode.

I wonder what Kae's weight loss will be like next week, given her huge loss this week? I mean, losing 10% of your body weight in ONE week? Wow.

So so so glad Jillian is back - she has always been my favourite, even though Bob is Hotty McHotterson. I still can't stand Kim - she's too... nice. I think if Jillian had been Amber's trainer, her attitude would've been fixed right quick.

Tina30
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I know a lot of you don't like Jillian, but I LOVE her! I think she gets what needs to be done, DONE! I just think she is one bad *** chick!!!:lifter: I loved when she rode in on her bike! I really like all the trainers though! I was so happy to see the older man do so well. I just think the young people under estimated him and he sure showed them. He was the first to reach Bob, and he lost the most amount of weight EVER in the first week of the show...pretty dam cool for a 61 year old man!:bravo:

I was really glad to see that Amber continued losing weight at home. She was not cut out for the show which really annoys me :mad:! I mean because of her someone else didn't make it, but I was glad to see she lost weight at home and is on her way to a healthier new life! I'm not joking I don't think I could do what the trainers were having them do, and I weigh 148lbs. :dizzy:

I love love love the show though and can't wait to see next weeks episode! Until then ladies keep on chugging!:exercise::bike2::strong:

kaplods
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Of course Amber was cut out for the show! This is made for tv drama, not accident. Being the "whiny baby" gave people at home someone to root against. It's also why they picked a wider range of big gals and guys and ages and types and the third "secret" team. It's all by design, not accident.

This is what is hard to remember in fairly well-planned reality shows. These aren't in any way reflecting reality, they're "unscripted television." The situations and drama are to a certain degree planned by the producers. They are picking people who WON'T get along because it's better tv watching, not because it's in anyone's (except the producers') best interests.

It's almost like people confusing soap operas with reality, and bashing the "villain" when they're seen in real life. The more I think about it, the more I know my husband is right. If someone gets hurt on that show, it's as much the fault of us who are watching than the idiot who put fame and prize money before their health, and the producers for setting up the situation.

I HATE not being strong enough to turn away. It's like a train wreck, I have to watch. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

chick_in_the_hat
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone who sez Jillian lacks compassion needs to read the 3FC thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67247) where she posted answers to our questions. Jillian is REAL and tells it like it is. No sugar coating...I have gotten SO much inspiration and information from her 2 books and her weekly radio show (http://2005.kfi640.com/pages/JillianMichaels.html?feed=132611&article=518206).
Bob rawks, too...but Jillian kicks my butt! :cb:

kaplods
09-12-2007, 04:39 PM
They also edit the show to make contestants and trainers more likeable/unlikeable. Producers are likely to edit out scenes of Jillian being compassionate, or Bob being mean, in the interest of polarizing viewers. They want you to root for one "side" and if both sides are too similar, the show is less watchable.

Azure
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I've seen TBL Australia--and they show Jillian's softer, supportive, compassionate side way more often on that show. I think that the producers like to edit Jillian to make her seem like 100% hardass. She's really only 95% hardass ;)

Anyway, chick_in_the_hat, I'm reading that old thread and it is SO sweet that she actually came on here to answer individual questions...I just wish that I had been here then, so I could let her know personally what in inspiration she is!

NotTheCheat
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
You have to wonder why they choose exactly the scenes, comments, looks, etc. that they do. You figure they are condensing down an entire week into an hour - who knows what else happened? How do we know that it was only Amber who said she wanted to go home? Sure, that is the one person we saw, but the producers want us to not like her by the time she gets voted off. I wish we could see a less over-produced form of what actually takes place.

chellez
09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm gonna be honest...

I'm getting a little buzz killed from all this talk about the producers and what not.

I know it's the truth and what not, but can't we just accept the show for what it is and just watch it? :(

Catsgetnhealthy
09-12-2007, 07:25 PM
And holy cow that guy losing 31 pounds in a week. My jaw dropped. I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see more of the black team, because I'm a Jillian fangirl. I was thinking maybe we won't be seeing as much of them because the blue and red teams were legitimately picked, and so not getting as much face time is the penalty for not being picked for the original teams.

Oh we'll be seeing them once they join the other 2 teams at the school, I think that's where they're at. That's next week and it's 2hrs long again. :)

Catsgetnhealthy
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
So I missed it but am curious [as I'm signed up to be on the black team on here...] what exactly is the deal with the black team? Was it a surprise extra team or something?

Yep, Bob and Kim don't know that Jillian is back,yet.

BerkshireGrl
09-13-2007, 07:56 AM
My question is, do they choose women without many stretch marks or do they airbrush them out? All those women seemed to have such nice skin. I have quite a lot of stretch marks in that area.

Me too! Bleh! But I was watching the show on a high-definition channel over here in Mass, and I saw stretch marks on both women and men. Not everyone but I think most had them.

Boy, after getting up on a stage in a sports bra and bike shorts on national TV, I think nothing could shame me after that experience :lol:

I agree with kaplods that it is scary to watch sometimes, and definitely the losses are way extreme. But... I have to say I am madly inspired by the show also. I mean, look at these people, all obese, doing things like pulling a plane! Or trying to run with someone pulling you back? For what, 6 hours a day?!

Meanwhile, I find a 30 minute intro workout with "Yourself!Fitness" to be so exhausting, I need to keep telling Maya the virtual trainer that she's lucky I'm still there ;)

Maybe there's amphetamines in that gum they were pushing :devil:

LeedaRenee
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I've watched re-runs, but this is the first time I've watched it from the get go. I do like Jillian and have seen that she left the first time because she didn't like the way she was portrayed. Bob doesn't do much for me...he's a little too sensitive, not at all what I would want in a trainer.

I enjoy the show and all, but I do find some of the things that they do (ie losing 30 lbs in a week) to be dangerous and I can only hope that people know who are watching that it is not realistic. I have a lot of criticism for the show but enjoy it for what it is...however, I don't think it's a good idea to just gloss over the negatives. I can't accept things for what they are when they are obviously wrong and unrealistic.
I do like watching people lose weight, so I watch the show, but with a disclaimer always in my head: This is not the way weight loss in real life is

LeedaRenee
09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Me too! Bleh! But I was watching the show on a high-definition channel over here in Mass, and I saw stretch marks on both women and men. Not everyone but I think most had them.

Boy, after getting up on a stage in a sports bra and bike shorts on national TV, I think nothing could shame me after that experience :lol:

This is so true! :lol: I wince everytime I see the opening weigh ins and I always picture myself up there instead and how I would die on the spot.

NotTheCheat
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I'll have to check it out in HD next time.

I just checked out some of the clips on the TBL website. I thought we would see progress weigh-ins from the black team already, but I guess it is just initial weigh-ins, unless I missed it.

I really liked the idea of time capsules that they did. That is a really cool idea to capture your perceptions of yourself at the start and see exactly how they change through your journey.

needtolose46
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Just fininshed watching TBL. Like some of the other posts, I had only seen reruns on the Style channel. I wasn't really sure if I liked Jillian, but after reading her replies to questions that were asked here on 3FC, I definately think she's cool.

chellez
09-18-2007, 06:54 PM
bumping this up so everyone can use it tonight.... the chat link is on the first page!

Shay
09-18-2007, 08:09 PM
It was so much fun chatting last week. I think I will do it again but I'm wondering if I may check in later. I've read some of things posted here about last week's show and I thought when did that happen? Did I miss something?

Idealmuse
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I think Bob and Kim did know Jillian would be there but they pretend to be surprised for the drama aspect... maybe I'm just cynical though. I bet the players were surprised though!

Can't wait for tonights show!

Hun.e.B
09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm with you Muse, I bet Bob and Kim knew...but the players didnt! I dunno who said it, but wouldnt it have been so much more fun if they wouldnt have told us in the previews that Jillian was coming, so when she got off the motorcycle we were all shocked! That would have been cool!

chellez
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
TBL Live Show Chat! (http://client0.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=247543)

Just in case you couldn't find the link

I'm starting a bit late so I'm catching up on the show! :D

LondonJulz
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Can I just say again that I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE the black team?!?!!? They all look pissed and ready to eat the Blue & Red team for lunch! It's just awesome. I'm watching this by myself and cheering out loud, my neighbors must think I'm insane!!!

LOVE Jillian too........

and..... I think I'm in love with Bob....lol. :D How he nurtured that woman from the red team..... I cried..... what a man.......

onthetee
09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I am not that in love with the black team. I do love Jillian, but I just have not had the chance to bond up with them like I have the blue team. Red team issues addressed below.

I wonder if there is something different going on this year than in previous years. Overall, the numbers seem to be really low. I understand that the second week numbers are not going to have the same drama as the first week, but this seems out of the ordinary.

Phil has to be kicking himself for his picks. If I were team captain, I would put a stop to the whining immediately. Lezlye really made things hard for herself with her weigh in. I cannot believe that they did not give Amy the boot.

And for Amy, I would not have ever dreamed that I could leave my kids for an extended period. I am shocked at the moms who leave really little ones behind. I cannot imagine underestimating that bond. I think that is really unfair the other team members. If you can't bring your a-game (and most moms of wee ones can't), then you shouldn't sign up. It really hurts the whole team.

Voting for Phil??! They cannot win another challenge without him. They are too slow and too weak. This is like watching people send the Titanic into the iceberg.

chellez
09-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure how late everyone is staying up but jillian's live chat blog is on NBC.com at 10 pm est / 7 pm pst

Shay
09-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Onthetee--I'm with you. If they vote Phil off no one on that team will win! I really think Jerry or Phil will be the biggest loser. I'm really rooting for Kae.

practiceliving
09-19-2007, 01:33 AM
I wonder what was different this week that there were so few BIG losses. All these 5lb or less losses this week! I mean, as many of them said, in the "real world" that's a huge loss, but for the show, it's not. Are they building more muscle? Eating differently?

kaplods
09-19-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2007/09/the-biggest-l-3.html

this blog explains it. A tv "week" isn't a "real" week. The show makes it seem like the show covers about 3 months, when it actually has been 8 or 9.

It isn't one week between weigh-ins, the "weeks" vary in length. This site links to the real weekly data for former contestants.

It does bring up an ethical point. Do you think that the show should be telling us how long it has been since the last weigh-in? Do you think this sets up home viewers to think they can also do the impossible, and to feel like failures when they can't measure up. Or do you think anyone stupid enough to believe that anything on tv, even the news, is "real" is a fool?

kaplods
09-19-2007, 03:14 AM
This is the direct link to the nwsfoundation and the article on "False Hope Syndrome

http://www.nwsfoundation.com/

The commentor on the first site article argues that "most" viewers who are paying attention realize these weigh-ins aren't always one week apart.

Do you think this is true? Or more specifically, what proportion of viewers do you think realize that these weeks are of varying length, and the 12 weeks of show time is actually 8 plus months of "real" time?

kaplods
09-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Wow, what an eye opener. The site I mentioned gives the actual weigh-in dates and results of all contestants for Seasons 1 - 3, and as they state, only one female and few male contestants ever exceeded 3.5 lbs in any week.

Guess, what? I've done better than that! There shoots to heck all the theories that their strenuous workouts, specially planned diets, and time away from family and responsibilities boosts their weight-loss ability. They do no better than many of us here.

I feel sort of like I've been in Oz, when the curtain is pulled and the wizard is revealed to be a fraud. I guess I suspected it, but the extent of the deception is really mind-blowing.

Jen
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I guess I am one of those who thought that yes the weigh-ins were a week a part. I know that reality shows are mostly scripted but I thought this one was a bit different. I know that there are huge extremes with the weight loss, like the guy losing 30 lbs the first weigh-in but honestly I could see that happening when the person goes from eating several thousand calories a day to eating like maybe 1200 and exercising several hours a day. What my first reaction was, how could these people stand to be away from their families for so long? I thought that 12 weeks maximum would be not too bad considering what is gained but actually they are away for a lot longer than that!

But if these people are going to kill themselves exercising and only lose the same amount that I could in the same time frame without nearly that much effort then what is the point? This has definately taken away an aspect of my enjoyment of the show.

kaplods
09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
My husband and I were talking about this, this morning. It definitely changes my perception of how hard these people are portrayed as working, and the risks that I thought they were taking. So, on one hand, I'm relieved that it's safer for the contestants, but at whose expense? The viewers who ignore the "don't try this at home" warning, and figure they can pull crazy numbers, not just week 1, but the entirety of their weight loss.

I don't think the average viewer could be expected to know that many times one week is really a month. How would they know this? Especially since the show goes to great lengths to cover up the time discrepancies. And I wonder, did they really do the focus groups and research that showed that americans aren't patient enough or interested enough in realistic weight loss, or did they just underestimate most of us.

I am sad, and angry that thin viewers may look down upon their fat friends, coworkers, family members, and neighbors, because they don't have the "commitment, courage, and inititative" that the contestants "seem" to have, when the fact is the fat people in their lives may be losing at the same rate, or better than people with nothing better to do than put every minute into their weight loss WITH a giant prize waiting for someone at the end of it.

I think conscientiously, I need to give up watching this show. I don't think it helps anyone, even the contestants involved. I feel they, at least should have known better. I wouldn't sacrifice my integrity and self-respect in order to lose weight OR for money. I wouldn't allow others with weight problems to remain ignorant of the full story.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, I thought the weigh-ins were weekly. Rather than being disappointed, I'm now encouraged to find that I'm normal.:D Who'd of thunk it?!

Call me shallow and simple......but, can't I just enjoy the show without overthinking everything? Afterall, I get to see people...just like me...lose incredible amounts of weight. No, they didn't lose it in 3 months, but they did lose it...and that is inspiring to me and it gives me hope.

Azure
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't think that the weigh ins are a month apart. I listen to Jillian's radio show and she just recently said that they're 7-10 days apart... Jill doesn't have any reason to lie about it, she's very honest about what she thinks of the show, how she organized her teams' diets and how many hours (4-5) they exercise 6 days out of the week. So... *shrug* I think the smaller numbers are those peoples' bodies saying "WOAH! What the heck are you DOING to me?" and putting the brakes on.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Azure, do you know if Jiliian's show is national?

Azure
09-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Azure, do you know if Jiliian's show is national?

I think it's actually on the radio out in the LA area, but you can listen online or download the episodes. I personally download them and stick them on my iPod. I think you can listen live online when her show airs on Sundays 9-11 if you'd like to do that, too :) I'm still playing catch-up with her episodes. I'm only on the one that aired 7-29-07. Enjoy! I know I do.

Main page: http://www.kfi640.com/main.html

Jillian's page: http://2005.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html

A list of the files for download (it goes back to March, I believe): http://www.kfi640.com/podcast/SUNDAY.xml <---to download these to your PC you need to right-click and use the "save link as" option, if you simply click the files, they'll plan in your internet window.

LondonJulz
09-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Yes, I thought the weigh-ins were weekly. Rather than being disappointed, I'm now encouraged to find that I'm normal.:D Who'd of thunk it?!

Call me shallow and simple......but, can't I just enjoy the show without overthinking everything? Afterall, I get to see people...just like me...lose incredible amounts of weight. No, they didn't lose it in 3 months, but they did lose it...and that is inspiring to me and it gives me hope.

I super-duper double AMEN everything that you said here and agree with you 100%. Who cares if they take 8 months and put it into a 12 episode show? I sure don't. It's entertainment (that's why it's on TV - and that's the way most reality shows are.... other than maybe Big Brother - it's many weeks of a show edited down into however many episodes they have to work with). People do drop large amounts of weight on the show, so what if it's over a longer period of time than 12 weeks?? I agree that maybe this means that they aren't doing it in such an unnatural, unhealthy way.... and that makes me like the show even more - because it's people like me, making a huge change in their lives.....

You aren't shallow and simple - I'm the same way.... if you don't like how they do things on there, don't watch - but don't watch every episode and let yourselves get so worked up about how they're doing things and how they are decieving America by making 10-12-30 days seem like only one week! how dare they!! :fr: I tell my kids that Santa is coming to see them on Christmas if they're good- I'm just a decietful woman - someone should cancel my show and report me online.....lol

ShyShy19
09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I watched for the first time last night and found it to be both encouraging and discouraging for me at the same time.

First of all I thought that losing more than 4lbs a week is supposed to be unsafe?

Watching them exercise is very motivating. I don't weigh as much as they do and there is no way I could work out like that.
I could barely finish my 30 minute brisk walk this morning. pathetic huh?

I could hardly believe that some of them only lost as little as 3 lbs, thats the part I find a little discouraging becasue they have meal plans and proffessional trainers and only lose that small amount? Well then how well am I going to be able to lose all by my unproffessionally trained self?
Fun show to watch though.

2Bthinagain
09-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Very interesting about when they really weight in. This week I thought the low weight loss was odd compared to the first week, then I wondered if they set the scales. Like maybe beforehand they weigh them, to find out how much they really lost...then adjust the scale to make it appear LESS, so then next week, they can add it and fudge that number to then it looks like one of their 20 pound weight loss weeks?
Regardless of how they do the weigh ins, it's good to see them workout, and when they cry and fight and keep going.
They are doing it for themselves and their kids and I think it's great.
The one thing I do hate....why the guys have Tshirts at weight in and the girls in sports bras? Why can't the girls at least cover up until they must weigh in? And how much extra is that Tshirt going to be anyway?
I feel so bad for the girls ....that is one reason I'd never do the show, not wanting to wear a sports bra and shorts, with myself hanging out to the world.

kaplods
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
The scale isn't even "real" so no one needs to remove anything to get weighed, it's all for effect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9880082/

The contestants are actually weighed before the show, but apparently don't know how much they lost. When they get on the scale, the numbers are pulled from the computer, so all that shoe and shirt removing is completely unnecessary. They could wear a parka and the weight displayed would be the same.

LondonJulz
09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
That's kind of like when American Idol, the Apprentice, Celebrity Fit Club, the Miss America Pageants......etc, etc, etc...has the big, long, dramatic pauses - it's all for effect.... yep, they don't HAVE to do it (heck, they don't have to have a 2 hour finale for American Idol - they can just do a 5 minute results show) ..... but it adds to it...it's on TV - if it didn't have a little bit of drama on it, people wouldn't watch, nor would it be on TV. When I weigh-in - I play that dramatic music in my head for a few seconds before I look down at the scale - makes the whole weigh-in process a little more exciting! :D

I took my before pictures of my weight loss journey in a bra and shorts.... trust me, it's not a pretty picture AT ALL :o (it's even on my blog if you'd like to gaze upon the gloriousness of it .... lol) - but I did that because when I take my pictures at certain weight loss points, I can really SEE the difference.... it keeps me motivated. If they had the contestants weighing in in jeans and baggy t-shirts, it wouldn't have as dramatic of an effect as it does in the sports bras and spandex (especially as they go along and show them at their starting weights..... as to why the guys can keep their shirts on until weigh-in I have no idea.... surely the contestants have seen the show in years past and have seen the sports bras and spandex, so they know good and well what they're getting into....

kaplods
09-19-2007, 10:41 PM
For me, it's actually one of the things I respect about the show. Whether it is intended in a positive light or not, it's wonderful to see fat people showing a little skin without dropping dead from shame (whether they're feeling it or not). And I don't mean that in a sexual or seductive way, but they're shown exercising and being weighed in realistic exercise gear - not a heavy, dark navy sweat suits.

They're breaking cardinal fat laws here. Under no circumstances shall a fat man remove his shirt to reveal manboobies, nor fat women show leg or arm, and especially not shoulder or abdomen.

LondonJulz
09-19-2007, 10:51 PM
They're breaking cardinal fat laws here. Under no circumstances shall a fat man remove his shirt to reveal manboobies, nor fat women show leg or arm, and especially not shoulder or abdomen.

:rofl:

Hun.e.B
09-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Shyshy....Do NOT compare yourself to the contestants losses on BL! They are doing EXTREME weightloss, working out a minimum of 4 hours a day but usually more like 6 or 8. Plus they are away from every temptation. There is no need to feel discouraged over this tv show! Do your best and celebrate every loss you get!!

Londonjulz...you crack me up!!! LOL @ the santa comment!

Totally agree with the comment of cant we just enjoy the show for its entertainment value and if we get some inspiration off it all the more better!

kaplods
09-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I do understand the argument, that regardless of the truthfullness of the show, it is entertaining, and even in some cases inspirational, at least to those of us who already have a good grasp on how weight loss REALLY works. In fact it's the argument I've been using with my husband since the first season.

Learning more about the "fiction" of the show though, has made me rethink my position, not for myself, but for those that ARE comparing themselves to the contestants on the show and wondering why the can't come close to measuring up. After 36 years of dieting (and six years of college education in human biology and psychology to get my master's degree) I have a pretty good understanding of how weight loss works in the real world in terms of what is realistic, possible, and healthy (at least for myself)

But unlike a belief in santa, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny, believing this show can be very dangerous to your mental and physical health. We've already seen in many posts on this site just a glimpse of how many people ARE comparing themselves to these contestants.

Hun.e.B
09-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I guess I just dont understand how someone can compare themselves to the contestants...now if they were doing the SAME thing and not getting the results then yes. But who here works out for 6 hours a day? Who here lives in a temptation free society? Who here has a trainer at there beck and call? Who here has 24/7 support systems in place? I'd venture to say noone. Common sense tells me these people are going to lose more and faster. And I feel like the show does point out how much they work out and how they live in a bubble. Bob has said many times this is extreme weightloss.

Look at people on past Survivors...losing 30ish pounds and they are on the show for 39 days. Does anyone compare themselves to that? I'd hope not because that is starvation.

Its tv, its entertainment, everything is manipulated. You've got to take EVERYTHING you see on that box with a grain of salt. Just my 2 cents!

NotTheCheat
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
As much as I am enjoying the show, the one thing that really got to me this week was all the "we're the black team and we're back for a vengeance stuff". The whole "we will beat them down because they rejected us" was so over the top for me. It's not like they could have picked everyone and they specifically chose to let some people go home in the beginning. They could only choose 10 people and someone was bound to not be chosen. With so little time to get to know each other it obviously wasn't personal, and both team captains talked about how much they hated having to choose. I ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of it because I just couldn't take it any more.

I am inspired to try and run up and down 10 flights of stairs and see how I do. My building only has 7, but I might try that anyway.

My favorite moment was when Bob took the time out to comfort the woman who was crying from the red team (Amy?) - I thought that was really touching.

Jen
09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Okay this is how I am looking at it from the perspective of someone who would get depressed comparing themselves to the contestants. We now know that the weigh-ins are not exactly 7 days apart, they could be anywhere from 7-10 days or even longer. According to the one website that was posted earlier most of the female contestants are only averaging 3.5 lbs weight loss. So if they are working out 4-5 hours a day, away from temptation, have a trainer with them a lot of the time and have immediate moral support from their teammates and still they are only losing an average of 3.5 lbs a week how am I supposed to do the same when I have none of those things?

Okay, this is not particularly how I feel about it but for those who are expressing how upset they are I can understand their feelings.

kaplods
09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
That is the point. They are doing all of this and still averaging what most of us would consider a fairly modest weight loss. We see here people complaining and getting discouraged because they are averaging one lb loss a week. This is AMAZING progress. Until every dieting person realizes that averaging "3.5 lbs" in the first 3/4 year of dieting is in fact EXTREME dieting,
we will see people here beating themselves up when their weight loss slows to one or two lbs a week. It's just wrong that our perception of what is possible, typical, and extraordinary is so warped. Anyone dieting for more than 6 months now averaging 1/4 lb a week or more is in the top 10% of dieters, and a good number will assume they're in the bottom 10%. That's not right.

Knowledge is power, and there are already so many diet myths out there that people buy into that contributes to discouragement and feelings of failure. Knowledge should not be a priveledge, but a right. I think more than anything, exposing the fiction of the show until it becomes common knowledge, makes it less dangerous, and more the innocent entertainment that I want it to be.

Jen
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes I'd be quite thrilled to lose 1 or 2 lbs a week and have it stay off let alone lose 3.5lbs!

My perception of the show has changed, I have to admit that but that doesn't mean I still won't enjoy watching it.

kaplods
09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I think what spoils it for me to a degree is the deception. If the show were more upfront, or if there were big news headlines or stories on the nightly news "exposing" the truth, I think I would watch completely guilt free, especially now knowing that the safety of the contestants is probably minimal.

It does seem wrong though to watch the show and just keep quiet, knowing the dangerous myths it perpetuates. I wonder if one of the biggest reasons weight loss attempts have such a dismal long-term success rate is that people who are actually being wonderfully successful give up because they believe they are failing, because their losses are inconsistent or slow (even if weight loss is as low as 1 lb a month - you're so far ahead of the game in terms of statistics if you don't give up).

I desperately would like THAT news to get out, as I know it would have made a difference in my life. I didn't just give up so many times in the past because I thought I was failing (when I was actually succeeding), but because important people in my life (parents, grandparents, teachers, doctors, school nurse...) were telling me that I was failing when I only lost 1 or 2 lbs a month. If I had known better, and had been told how amazingly successful I was actually being, maybe I wouldn't have ended up in a cycle of weight loss and gain for the last 36 years.

Hun.e.B
09-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess its where you get your facts and education from. Me...I dont believe what I see on tv because its there for entertainment. you have to consider the source and a scripted tv show is not exactly a reliable source for information. I dont understand how anyone would watch the show and think that is even possible in real life. My perceptions havent been changed at all. All the article did was confirm what I already thought. Just seems like common sense to me. I still love the show. I still get inspired to see the people shrinking...yes its weekly but it takes a long time to film a show. Wouldnt it be great if you could lose that much a week...but ya cant! Take the show for what it is...entertainment not education.

LondonJulz
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I think what spoils it for me to a degree is the deception. If the show were more upfront, or if there were big news headlines or stories on the nightly news "exposing" the truth, I think I would watch completely guilt free, especially now knowing that the safety of the contestants is probably minimal.

It does seem wrong though to watch the show and just keep quiet, knowing the dangerous myths it perpetuates.

Degree of deception?? wow..... Big news headlines or stories "exposing" the truth??? Kaplods, you FOUND your truth in that lawyer on that webpage. You know your truth....

If you think it seems wrong to watch the show and just keep quiet.... then just don't watch it. Simple as that. And, you aren't keeping quiet (I'm not being rude or disrespectful at all), but you have more than shared your opinion on the matter in more than one thread (as have I and others).

As far as the safety of the contestants being minimal, they make no secret at all about the contestants being given physicals, blood work, EKGs, stress tests, etc etc etc... they are given rigorous tests before they can get ON the show.... and they are monitored while on the show.... and AGAIN - there is a warning before the show to consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program... Jillian has said in interviews that the show IS EXTREME weight loss and she only recommends doing 4 hours of rigorous workout a WEEK not per day but because it is "REALITY" tv.... it is extreme...
(the link to THAT interview is here.... http://www.nowloss.com/Jillian-Michaels-Online-Diet.htm) If NBC was so secretive about stuff that goes on, do you think they'd let their trainers talk so freely??? You aren't being decieved... as much as you think you are..... you're really not.

"The Real World" (on MTV) ... MANY MANY cast members have said how the producers just "happen" to leave tons of Alcohol in the house they are living in.... WHY? Because more alcohol = drunkenness = RATINGS! Is that being sneaky? SURE... but I bet that there are a lot of teenagers out there who watch that show who think that drinking is "cool" because the people on the Real World do it...(I know of 2 seasons where people on the show have gotten alcohol poisoning and had to be taken to the hospital.... and I only watched 3 seasons of the show) and I think that Alcohol abuse by teenagers is a little more worthy of a cause to go after than people who watch a weight-loss show and want to emulate it (and I mean people who want to emulate the shows aggressive weight-loss approach - I am NOT saying that weight loss is not a worthy cause.... why would I even be on this site if it wasn't?).

Again..... it's reality TV... ALLLLLLLL reality TV shows are scripted or manipulated in some way to make bigger ratings.

kaplods
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
"The shut up if you don't like something" argument has never fazed me. In the United States, it is our cultural ideal and right to speak up when something seems wrong, even if it's on a small issue. As I stated in the other thread, if you can't tolerate discussion and debate a small issue, how do you expect to be able to do so on a larger one.

The debate here hasn't been on the issues, but oddly, on the right to discuss and debate the issues. I find nothing wrong in disccussing and even arguing the positives and negatives of this show, even if it is only a television show.

I believe TBL is different from other reality shows, because it does present itself in a different way. There's even encouragement on some level to "play at home" by going to the website... It is meant to be, and presented as inspirational. I think that increases the show's responsibility to be a bit more disclosing. If the show is just to be taken as fiction, and enjoyed as such, then I don't think "inspirational" would be an appropriate word to describe it. I certainly don't find Fear Factor, or Big Brother inspirational (and in fact don't watch them). If it is meant to inspire, then how is inspiration accomplished through lies and half-truths.

kaplods
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
The other thread was shut down, for an apparent perception of an inability for us to "play nice." It had started to disintegrate from a place to discuss opinions to a discussion of the right to state those opinions. Too bad, because I think that forum would probably have been more appropriate than this one for criticisms of the show.

For the most part, I think it would have been more productive (and maybe allowed to continue) if the issues, rather than the right or appropriateness of voicing the issues had been discussed. As I mentioned to a poster who pm'd me regarding the shut down, there's not a single poster on either of these threads whose position I do not respect, understand, or even on some level at least partially agree with.

Something I consider one of my top strengths AND top weaknesses is an ability to see (and sometimes feel and believe) at least two viewpoints on every subject. It does make me seem like someone who just wants to argue for argument's sake, but that isn't the truth at all. It's just that through debate and discussion, I learn more about the issue, and myself. If people had been strongly arguing my "side," it's possible I would have been fighting just as hard to oppose it.

I think shutting the thread down was a great disservice to us all, and I apologize for anything I may have done to contribute to it.

LondonJulz
09-20-2007, 10:36 PM
The other thread was shut down, for an apparent perception of an inability for us to "play nice."

As I mentioned to a poster who pm'd me regarding the shut down, there's not a single poster on either of these threads whose position I do not respect, understand, or even on some level at least partially agree with.

It's just that through debate and discussion, I learn more about the issue, and myself. If people had been strongly arguing my "side," it's possible I would have been fighting just as hard to oppose it.

I think shutting the thread down was a great disservice to us all, and I apologize for anything I may have done to contribute to it.

I do agree with you on this one. DH and I went for our 4 mile walk and I was planning on coming back here and telling you how much fun it's been "debating" this. I do agree that this thread isn't an appropriate place for the debating, the other one certainly was better and wasn't the thread that people come to to talk about the episodes. I, like you, respect others opinions as well... and I don't think that anyone was personally "attacked" to warrent the shutting down of the thread..... hmmm... c'est la vie! :hug:

practiceliving
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
If you think it seems wrong to watch the show and just keep quiet.... then just don't watch it. Simple as that.

I think this IS an effective way of dealing with this. If people are frustrated or annoyed by the show in its current form, a quick letter to the network outlining your concerns and that you will be tuning OUT might make a difference. Remember, ratings are what they are after, and if their ratings go DOWN, things will change to make them go back UP!

Jen
09-21-2007, 03:42 PM
What is everyone thinking about the new host now that it has been a couple of episodes? Good or bad?

kaplods
09-21-2007, 03:51 PM
It is an effective way, but it is not the only way. I agree that complaining to the network is part of the process when you want changes made to programming. Discussion and debate with other viewers, is also, as Martha Stewart woud say "a good thing."

LondonJulz
09-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Kaplods - Martha Stewart? .... hahahahahahahaaa! That's a whole other debate!!! :D

I liked the new host personally. Caroline got on my nerves when she was on it. I think it'll take more than a couple episodes to really get used to Allison, but so far, I like her.

kaplods
09-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, let's not get on the topic of Martha Stewart (it actually pained me to quote her).

As to the new host, I do like her (though I can't stop thinking of her as her annoying soap opera character. I'm not into any soaps, but my mom is, and she and my sister actually tape the episodes and watch bunches of them in the evening at a time, so when we visited a couple weeks ago - I saw more of them that I'd care to)

I liked Caroline a lot, but she kept gaining weight each season, so I'm guessing that it was an image choice (You'd think one of the perks of being on the show would be access to the gym - oops, that does sound rather catty, sorry).

sportmom
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually, back to the article, I was Surprised to hear that they were not sticking to the Week 1, etc formats and would be stretching them out. It seemed pretty clear that a week is a week, I mean, i've been a fan since season 2 and have even visited the boards for TBL on NBC and read about the casting process, just out of curiosity. I think even there they say must be able to leave home for about 4 months, which would be about 13 weeks, give or take some travel there, set up time b4 filming starts, the exams, etc. Besides, wouldn't stretching things out in the beginning mean they hurt themselves on the back side bc to stay on track they would have to weigh less than a week apart? I'll go back and look but I thought the last season filmed from Feb to early June - they were back home by midJune. Doesn't really help tho unless we have exact dates. Maybe they shrink the number of weeks at home and make up for it on that end. As far as the 30+ lb weight loss the first week, yeah, I think we all are figuring most people would have a going away party/pig out meal their last nite at home, and so that's what you're seeing in the starting weigh in. So that first detoxing weigh in a week or so later could be really high. Even if it's 2 weeks, 30 is still alot. But yeah, the letters from home seemed to come really early this season and it even felt odd to watch them doing that so soon. Ok, off to the nbc boards to see what I can dig up from the casting notices! lol Clearly, I have no life! :)

kaplods
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Since the time article explained some of the tactics used for strategy, during the show, I'm guessing the new contestants are aware them (or smart enough to figure them out themselves). Some of the contestants, I'm sure would have gorged on water and high volume, low calorie foods right before the first weigh-in to boost their initial weight, and thus their first loss.

practiceliving
09-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know if the episodes are re-broadcast at another time? I know that ANTM is on Weds, but replays on Sun nights... is there anything like that for TBL?

I'm not going to be able to watch on Tues nights anymore! :( I know that NBC sometimes puts videos online, but they won't play in Canada.

LondonJulz
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I've got my snacks ready (low fat/low cal/ and points accounted for mind you) and I'm ready for tonights show! :cp:

chellez
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM

Here's the link to the chat!

Sorry I'm starting late! My sister in law is having her first baby!

I'm boo hooing alrady with these phone calls!

onthetee
09-25-2007, 10:53 PM

Here's the link to the chat!

Sorry I'm starting late! My sister in law is having her first baby!

I'm boo hooing alrady with these phone calls!

Oh, Chelle! That is so wonderful. You must be over the moon.

I cannot get the chat to download. Super secret, super secure PC and network.

Here is what I cannot get over. The weight losses have been so low this season, comparatively. It certainly makes me feel better about mine. I have gotten to a point where two pounds a week is not realistic. To see them spend 4-6 hours daily in a gym and having everyone else watch everything that they eat 24/7 and THEN post numbers that a person on the street with a normal life could post is crazy.

It makes me wonder what I could do with three months of intense personal training and having my food monitored. I won't ever get that chance, but I wish I see what those results would be.

onthetee
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
JERRY!!!!!!!

Man, that is BS. What a slap in the face!! So glad that he went home and tore it up. He is so awesome. I hope the blue team PAYS for this.

chellez
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
OMG!

I can't believe they voted their strongest player off!

Jerry did so well at home! 88 pounds at home is amazing!

What is up with next week's preview?

Tina30
09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
I was ticked they voted Jerry off! Kinda a kick in the *ss to the man who put the team together. He looked fantastic though at home! I think it made him look about 15 years younger! Hope Blue knew what the heck they were doing!

LondonJulz
09-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I agree! How could they have voted off JERRY!?!?!?!!??! :mad: It makes no sense to me....but he totally kicked it when he got home - and looks SOOOOO healthy!!!!! GO JERRY!!!! :carrot:

I cried too with the phone calls. I can't imagine not getting to talk to your family!!!! (WOAH, something that disappoints me about the show!!!) That's just nuts. I would go crazy....and not in a good way either.

I missed the preview for next weeks show due to crying children.... anyone care to share what'll be happening?

Azure
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
The preview for next week was the TBL on Speed. I felt like I had ADHD just watching it.

onthetee
09-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I cried too with the phone calls. I can't imagine not getting to talk to your family!!!! (WOAH, something that disappoints me about the show!!!) That's just nuts. I would go crazy....and not in a good way either.

That is one of the things that bugs me about Amy. Mine are 5 and 2, and it would kill me to leave them. And as much as I would be heartbroken, my kids would be devastated. When my daughter was born, she was in the NICU for a week, and I never left that floor. My son was almost three, and my being gone for a seven days was horrible for him. When I cried, it was because I wanted my family back together. I cannot imagine electing to leave two such small children when they need their mom so badly at that age.

Cassie501107
09-26-2007, 12:09 AM
I can't believe Jerry is off! Wow! That's messed up.:(

But yeah, I wanna know what's up with next week!

xJox
09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Wonder if they are gonna send them all back to the desert where the black team originally were?

Andi18
09-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I can't believe they voted Jerry off!! :nono: That was a stupid move. He did look great when they showed him at home and down 88 pounds. Hope the blue team knows what they just did to themselves.

GO BLACK TEAM!!!

NemesisClaws
09-26-2007, 02:04 AM
I wonder what other factors were in play here for the blue team to have voted off Jerry? Age? Attitude? Interesting choice....but you know at the next elimination, Patty is the next one to go.....

ShyShy19
09-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Wow that made me sad when Jerry had to go, but sheesh he looks really good and a lot younger now.

I actually cried a little during the phone calls, I could never do that. I justcouldn't get out of bed and work out like that without my family by my side. My son is 3 and I wouldn't even dream of leaving him.

kaplods
09-26-2007, 06:08 AM
I thought it very strange that the "preliminary vote" was unanimously to vote Jerry off. That just seemed to come from left field, and Jerry's speech about loyalty and coming from another generation, where loyalty meant something.... I mean, he had to know politics and competition aspects of the show before joining. It just makes me wonder what happened behind the scenes. Is it possible that his knee injury was worse than it seemed?

xJox
09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Maybe Jerry had a bad attitude? It seemed he was really cocky at the end when he was telling them that they would never make it without him. What kind of leader is that? Maybe he is right, but still..

happy2bme
09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I didn't take it as cocky as much as being hurt. After all, he picked those people and then the first chance they had to dump him, they did. Bet he was wishing he had picked the people on the black team. :lol:

There's always a bunch of lobbying when it comes time to vote someone off. The truly savy will stir up whatever they can to make sure the target doesn't land on their back. As they said, it's a game and the thing that gets to be a turn off for me after a while is that you want to root for the person who DESERVES to be there and the game being what it is, those are usually the first to go.

It was great to see how he stuck to his guns when he got home and lost so much weight. He was really looking good.

Jen
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Those phone calls were so hard to watch...I just couldn't leave my family even for that kind of opportunity. Those people that weighed in and had pretty small losses, can you imagine what they are thinking? I killed myself and I only lost 3 lbs??

Totally unfair that they dumped Jerry and just wait until Bob hears about that!!! But he was going to be a huge threat to the rest of them later on, he was losing too much too consistantly.

Diva
09-26-2007, 09:50 AM
As much as I LOVE Bob and him being my favorite trainer, after last night, i could care LESS about anyone on the Blue team. I do care about some peeps on the red, but mostly I like the Black team.

I felt bad for jerry, but I guess he got the last laugh because he looks awesome!:cp:

LondonJulz
09-26-2007, 09:59 AM
As much as I LOVE Bob and him being my favorite trainer, after last night, i could care LESS about anyone on the Blue team. I do care about some peeps on the red, but mostly I like the Black team.

I agree! LOVE Bob.... I don't like anyone on his team though...except for Patty - but only because of her story.... she has a liver problem and unless she loses weight, she could very well die and leave her kids behind. Because of that, I root for her. I like the football player on the red team.... don't care for any of the others on the red team though....not even Kim.... however the Black team - love all of them... and would hate to see any of them go home. The Blue team seemed so "close" and "united" and then last night when it was their turn to do the elimination - they all started to unravel it seemed.....

Diva
09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, I didn't know that about Patty. I hope this works for her. I think Jerry was a great leader and the heart of the blue team. The messed up IMO.

I was actaully feeling a bit sorry for Kim, she only has 4 peeps left on her team. She must be thinking to herself, "what does this mean about me as a trainer" yanno? I'd be questioning myself if it were me. I am glad they walked away with the challenge win AND the weigh in.

I also could NEVER leave my young children. Heck my baby is a teenager now and I'd have trouble leaving him and my fiance'. Especially if I couldn't pick up the phone everyday and talk to them. If I did and I was only losing 2 or 3 lbs a week, I'd so go back home. I can do that here.

I guess I am pulling for the Black team because I always seem to pull for the underdogs and that's exactly what they 'were". They were rejected by the other teams and are back with a vengence. I like that. I am starting to warm up to Jillian as well.

dixied
09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I could see the logic of voting off Kai, because she had the least to lose, but Jerry? That made no sense to me. I thought he looked amazing after loosing 88 pounds at home. He reminds me of one of the "6am regulars" at my track. There's a group of 5 or 6 retirees and me (36) every morning at our local track, and let me tell you, those old folks kick my tush every morning.

Azure
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't understand the "she has less to lose" logic that they use. Because it's based on weight loss percentage, it means that if she lost 2 pounds, she might have the same percentage as one of the bigger guys who lost 4 or 5. Plus, she isn't small...she's got plenty of weight to take off her petite frame.

dixied
09-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I guess in my mind (completely flawed and currently w/o caffeine) I know that once I lose so much, my body wants to stop for awhile and hold on to everything it's got. I know several people who've suggested the less you have to lose the harder it gets to produce the bigger losses. Does that make sense? I really need to go find some caffeine.

onthetee
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't understand the "she has less to lose" logic that they use. Because it's based on weight loss percentage, it means that if she lost 2 pounds, she might have the same percentage as one of the bigger guys who lost 4 or 5. Plus, she isn't small...she's got plenty of weight to take off her petite frame.

But if she is at 200, losing 25% of her weight would get her to 150. While 25% is great, some of the guys who are around 400 are looking to lose 40-50% of their weight. She is not going to hit 40%.

kaplods
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to lighten up about the show, because it is so fun to watch, but some of the comments really rile me. Like Jillian (who I really like) saying something about how she expected some of her team members to do poorly, but not expecting them to do as poorly as they did. I didn't think any of the contestants did poorly, especially on her team. Considering how humongously high the losses were the previous weeks, I would think that the trainers would expect more modest losses this week, and hope for some bigger numbers week 4. I mean, these are supposed to be experts in exercise physiology. Human physiology can only be pushed so far, and they should know this. Jerry's numbers are a case in point. Losing 44 lbs in two weeks, and anyone expecting him to lose anything at all this week is just crazy. So I'm left with the idea that the producers are stacking the deck, and pushing the contestants and trainers to certain actions for dramatic effect. Or, perhaps even worse, the competition is causing even the trainers to think only of winning, even if that demands they completely ignore the entirety of their education and understanding of how weight loss works.

Hun.e.B
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Well I'll be in the minority and say it didnt bother me a bit to see Jerry go. First off he was injured. Secondly his attitude stunk! Just because he was the one who picked the team doesnt entitle him to anything. I was SHOCKED to see his comments towards his team. The nature of the game is that people are gonna get voted off so to be so nasty about it. I really dont think there was anyone on the blue team that deserved to be voted off so it had to be someone. Noone was entitled to anything. Besides that they were right, he would be successful when he went home and he was! Cant really feel sorry for the dude now.

As much as I love Bob, I really like the red team better! I really like the athlete and the cowboy for some reason LOL.

LondonJulz
09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
As much as I love Bob, I really like the red team better! I really like the athlete and the cowboy for some reason LOL.

Oh yeah... I like the cowboy too... he seems so sweet!

kaplods
09-26-2007, 12:23 PM
But the "attitude" wasn't manifested until after the first vote, and I would think anyone would become defensive when learning that not just a majority, but that the entire team (whom you hand-picked) had unanimously voted you off. Editing makes it difficult to know whether he had a negative attitude the first three weeks (which was edited out) or whether this was a complete anomoly for him, and included for extra drama.

I love the premise of the show, I'm just not so crazy about some of the ways it's executed, and some of the crazy ideas about weight loss it sometimes seems to encourage. I know they're trying to appeal to viewers that might be watching for different reasons, but the soap opera aspect rubs me the wrong way.

Hun.e.B
09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I just find it hard to believe that kind of negativety just comes out of the blue. Someone had to go and they all had their reasons to stay. Jerry took the fall but he looks amazing now so I find it really hard to see how he got the short end here. He may not have won a bunch of money but he got his health back and that to me is worth WAY more.

PampGal
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought the challenge of offering unlimited calories for a 3 pound credit ("for the team") was so counter-productive. The people that ate their minds out will be paying for that indiscression for weeks. Although Patti still showed a significant loss, I wouldn't want to be in her body for a couple of weeks!

I agree - GO JERRY!

kaplods
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't think Jerry was short-changed, anymore than any contestant ever voted off in the history of the show. It's part of the game, and the little speeches each contestant gives before displaying their vote are part of the "soap opera" stuff for me. I can understand why people feel they have to give a justification for their vote, but it boils down to being part of the game's workings.

I believe the producers could probably make a villain out of any participant. Wasn't part of the reason Jillian wasn't participating last season was the way she was portrayed (all of the witchy behavior being included, but editing out most of the compassion)? If the contestants are working half as hard as the show portrays, I would bet there isn't a player who hasn't shown "negativity" in some way, complaining or snapping at someone, or whining about missing their families... any of which could be played up, or edited out for an episode. I guess I'm just so nosy, I want to know what the show isn't showing us.

kaplods
09-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I also thought the challenge was a bit cruel (but hey, as many people have pointed out, that's part of the "entertainment" of the show), but I disagree that the players who indulged will necessarily suffer for it. Both, had very high losses for the week, and I believe a good part of it was because of the "Wendi effect" that some of the WW members have expressed here. A high or higher calorie day once in a while (as long as it's once in a while, and not frequently) can actually boost metabolism. Now what they chose to eat may be a different story.

aud
09-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I think I would have voted like the one gal (bad with names) who said it was a "total mistake/she was sorry she wrote this other gals name down?" Was it "Kai" that voted for "Nicole?":?: It was a vote for the gal right next to her to go home . . . that gal so far is my least favorite Blue - may be editing, but she just doesn't seem "into it."

I was glad that Jerry looked so good on the Update!:carrot:

This is my first time ever watching TBL and I find it to be fascinating as well as inspirational. I've been a huge grandaddy reality show of them all - Survivor - fan, lo these many years and what I like about TBL so far is that altho' most reality shows kind of copy Survivor - TBL doesn't seem to have (at least by the way the voting has gone) the whole "forming alliances" kind of outcome - altho' this may be edited out - the actual vote doesn't seem to have a "block" of voters, ya know?

Jen
09-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Aud - you haven't seen the manipulation bits yet, that is probably coming up when it gets down to 2 or 3 on one team and everyone is pulling out the stops to make sure that they don't get voted off. Oh yes there will be alliances formed etc, in that way it is no different than the other shows.

Shay
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I think that voting Jerry off this early in the game was not a great idea. If you have big losers that keeps you from going to the elimination table. I love Bob but his team I do not like. Did you see Nicole roll her eyes while listening to Kae's explanation about voting for her. They could so skip that part about why they picked the person they did. Its BS!!!! I think Bob is starting to play the "game" too. I could not believe he agreed with the team about soso (I can't remember his name) being the one to take the fall for the team. Soso is a bit combative isn't he? His first thought is to yell. I think no one on that team has a chance of becoming the Biggest Loser.

My money is on Phil (right)? The athlete from the Red team. Black team-do not like them at all. Especially Holly--she is pretty cocky but can't back up her words.

Robin41
09-26-2007, 02:45 PM
What drives me bananas is when somebody says that they are voting somebody off because they are so strong that they know they can succeed at home. What a load of crap. They try to make it sound like a compliment to be voted off.

I did enjoy the shocked looks on everybody's faces when they were losing tiny amounts. They have them so conditioned to expect big losses that they couldn't fathom losing only 2 pounds.

I wish they would show more of what they eat. Every once in awhile they go over a food topic but you don't really see their meals. I'd be really interested in their food choices.

dixied
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I wish they would show more of what they eat. Every once in awhile they go over a food topic but you don't really see their meals. I'd be really interested in their food choices.

I agree. I'd love to see a blog where they list what they ate, what they did for exercise, etc. Honestly though, I guess that's why I come here instead of the BL website. I think the folks here at 3fatchicks could really teach the players a thing or two. I see so many people who are doing it everyday on their own, and they are really much more inspiring to me than any reality show contestant.

I think they should let the home audience vote off players. :D

Cassie501107
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I also thought the challenge was a bit cruel (but hey, as many people have pointed out, that's part of the "entertainment" of the show), but I disagree that the players who indulged will necessarily suffer for it. Both, had very high losses for the week, and I believe a good part of it was because of the "Wendi effect" that some of the WW members have expressed here. A high or higher calorie day once in a while (as long as it's once in a while, and not frequently) can actually boost metabolism. Now what they chose to eat may be a different story.

This is true...one day I ate a Whopper from Burger King and lost 2lbs the next day, lol.:p

Jen
09-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh I do hope that have that some season where they actually do a live season and the home audience votes for their favourites! That would be so much more realistic than what it seems to be now. They could concentrate on losing weight and not worry about the plotting of their teammates.

southern_sweetheart
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I actually like the Black team but I'm rooting for Phil to win from the red team. He made me cry with that call home, I think he's cute now but he is going to be so hot when that weight comes off. I'm gonna miss Jerry, that was a big mistake. i wonder what's up with the "campus is closing" stuff. Do you think they are gonna have to go without gym equipment and stuff or just be segregated from the other teams?

Hun.e.B
09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I dont think they'd ever do a live time show. The results on the show would be the same but remember they get another 5 months at home before the finale to make some serious changes.

ShyShy19
09-26-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm also rooting for Phil, he just seems really cool and real, he's also pretty handsome, I can't wait to see how he looks at the end, his wife is going to be so shocked.

amdak
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Maybe they're actually did a weekly weigh-in and that's why the numbers were more reaistic.

Dea
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
The one thing that stuck with me from last night's show is that I am so glad that we are doing this (weight-loss, life-style changes etc) without having to leave our families!!! I cried and cried as the Red team talked to their families!!
It really inspired me to be thankful for what I have,be proud of how far I have come, and work really hard to reach (and maybe surpass) my goal!

onthetee
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
OK, I am already going to complain about the 90-minute format. For the love of all things holy, it already takes forever to weigh three teams. Add the post-production drama where we get to see some players get on the scale TWICE and the upcoming reactions of gasps, tears and joy, I just don't have enough time in my life to use up on that. I am willing to be 20% of the show is used for the weigh in. Thank god for DVR so that I can just skip all of that.

On a happy note....Tuesdays are the days that I typically cannot work out b/c of DH's schedule. I just figured out that I can put my laptop on the floor with my pilates video WHILE I was TBL on the big screen. Yippee for me!

Diva
10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
OMG and the LOW number's at weigh in. Are they becoming more realistic? to me 3 lbs in a week is great but that chic was crying....

Bob made me cry in the spin class when he made that gal say she is worth it. I love me some Bob. I think I love Jillian now too. :dizzy:

Edit: nevermind, LOL! The losses got bigger....

chellez
10-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I was going crazy when the red team was complaining about 1 pound! I'm stuck losing .2 and gaining .6...

50 lb loss for the black team is awesome!

Think the blue team will be able to catch up?

Let's find out! ;)

chellez
10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
The black team is super human!

I love that Bob is mad at the Red Team's numbers.

Pssst! Don't send Patty home!! She's worth it!! :carrot:

ETA: Bob is so sexy when he's mad! Anyone else notice?!

OOO forbid me Bobby! forbid me!:whoo:

PS: I hate how fake they sound when they do eliminations.... "I think this person is a hard worker blah blah blah.... with a heavy heart.... blah blah blah."

Its not what they say but how they are saying it.

Diva
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Bob is sexy no matteR;) what expression! lol!

aWWWWW MANNNN i LIKE PATTY!!!

onthetee
10-02-2007, 10:56 PM
PS: I hate how fake they sound when they do eliminations.... "I think this person is a hard worker blah blah blah.... with a heavy heart.... blah blah blah."

Its not what they say but how they are saying it.

I know; I could vom.

chellez
10-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not Patty!

Oh God Ryan don't be stupid!

NO!

I really think the blue team is not all together this season....

"with a heavy heavy heart"

GO BLACK TEAM! :cheer:

chellez
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
:lol: Smoking hot mamacita!

Patty did so good at home! I'm excited to see her at the finale!

:lol: "You can't escape Jillian!"

Ok doke night night kiddos!

onthetee
10-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I cannot figure why the blue team has not sent Nicole home. She does not seem to contribute anything in terms of weight loss or morale. She seems to be weighing them down. I vote for Nicole. I guess that does not count.

Doing the pilates DVD while I watched TBL was a stroke of genius! I am going that each week.

Azure
10-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I LOVE JILLIAN!!!

That is all. :D

LondonJulz
10-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Bob made me cry in the spin class when he made that gal say she is worth it. I love me some Bob. I think I love Jillian now too. :dizzy:

ME TOO WITH THE BOB AND THE " I'M WORTH IT" AND THE CRYING! I was sitting here saying it with her, bawling my eyes out (as if Bob was talking to me...HA!)
AND... I love Jillian!!!!!!!! And I'm still with the Black Team!!!!!

ETA: Bob is so sexy when he's mad! Anyone else notice?!

OOO forbid me Bobby! forbid me!:whoo:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/rofl.gif Yes!!!! I was thinking the same thing!!! "Go ahead Bob..... hold me back.... hold me back..... or.... just..... HOLD ME!!!" *tee hee* :yes::s:

Bob is sexy no matteR;) what expression! lol!

aWWWWW MANNNN i LIKE PATTY!!!

Yes, yes... once again, I have to agree with your Bob comments.....
and I was rooting for Patty too.... I agree that Nicole should have gone. It's so funny, every week they show her talking on camera and for a moment I think "who is that girl and why are they interviewing her?". But, Patty has done well at home, and once again, a Biggest Loser Loser to be proud of! They've all done well so far!

Andi18
10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
I was upset to see Patty go as well this week. I agree that the Blue Team has got to be not all there. That's two weeks in a row they vote off a team member that could help them with the weigh-ins. Nicole should have been sent home this week.:wave:

I am all for the black team this season!! :cheer2: Go BLACK TEAM!! :cheer2:

I agree with all of the Bob comments :whoo: But I still hope the Jillian's team kicks Bob's team's :kickbutt:

sfj
10-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I cannot figure why the blue team has not sent Nicole home. She does not seem to contribute anything in terms of weight loss or morale. She seems to be weighing them down. I vote for Nicole. I guess that does not count.

Doing the pilates DVD while I watched TBL was a stroke of genius! I am going that each week.
I agree. When they showed the team getting their goal shirts I was saying to DH "who the heck is that chick? has she always been on the team?" She just doesnt stand out at all.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I LOVE JILLIAN!!!

That is all. :D

Ditto! I want to be just like her when I "grow" up.

I was very sad to see Patty leave. I would really relate to her. Now, I'm not sure who I'm routing for....maybe Kae. She's so spunky! I love her attitude.

chellez
10-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I think a lot of people were rooting for Patty because she symbolizes what a lot of moms in this country are going through after having a lot kids and what not. I was :cheer: her on cause she's a sweet heart and she always gave it her best effort.

I can't say I'm rooting for anyone on the Red or Blue team in particular because all of the ones left just seem so shady and lack common sense. :dizzy:

I really like the twins on the Black team but they don't need my support cause they are losing 13 pounds in the third freaking week :mad: Hollie cries too much... and really the only other 1 they showcase is Isabeau...

Heck I'll root for her cause she can run 12 mph and I can't :cheer:

Just a wandering thought... if the dorms are shut down.... where is everyone going to sleep next week? Will the black team go back to the cave they slept in the first week? :lol:

I think they might be sending them on a "vacation" for some real world tests! :eek:

Tina30
10-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Jillian rocks! That women is like super human! It was nice to see that she does have a soft side though! When her team was trying on their old clothes she kinda got a little emotional on us! I have to say I kinda feel bad for Kim, how embarrassing to have her team only lose 9lbs, while the other two teams lost 50 and 30or40 something! When they show her training on the show it looks like she's working them, and besides the girl on that team I think the rest bust their butts without complaining! I mean they have won all the challanges and can't seem to get their numbers down! I was proud of that girl though yesterday, on the red team during the challange! I was not too sure if she was going to make it back up that hill, but she did it! I don't know I still love the show and I'm not rooting for anyone special, I just want to see them all do good!

kaplods
10-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I wasn't able to watch it last night, but I heard that someone might be going home next week because of health issues. Does anyone know (or suspect) who it might be?

onthetee
10-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I think a lot of people were rooting for Patty because she symbolizes what a lot of moms in this country are going through after having a lot kids and what not. I was :cheer: her on cause she's a sweet heart and she always gave it her best effort.

She lost my confidence last week at the challenge. They had a plan, and I think she saw what she wanted to see when Neil came back. Neil went in and ate like he was taking it for the team, where Patty seemed to be lost in some sort a fat/sugar euphoria.

It was interesting to learn that Bob likes cupcakes.....I'd be his cupcake.

Jen415
10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Colleen, the previews showed Bryan from the red team in an MRI machine (I think!). Could be him.,...

Shay
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and LOVE BOB! His team....he will not have a winner 2 years in a row. They should have sent Nicole home. No worries she will be next.

Phil, from the red team, is still my prediction for the Biggest Loser. The Red team I think figured they would get immunity so they went with it. That probably means they will have big losses next week.

Black team...still don't like them--especially Hollie. How old is she? She seems a bit immature.

NotTheCheat
10-03-2007, 10:13 PM
That was my thought about the red team too - that they knew what was coming and drank tons of water or something so that they could lose a ton next week.

I am thinking I need to make myself one of those goal shirts.

Yeah - Bob is amazing. And hot. I am actually glad my trainer doesn't look anything like him though. How distracting would that be?

LondonJulz
10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I am thinking I need to make myself one of those goal shirts.

Yeah - Bob is amazing. And hot. I am actually glad my trainer doesn't look anything like him though. How distracting would that be?

I thought about that too... wanting to make a goal tshirt. They had some good ones though....I liked the one about becoming half the man to become twice the man.... (granted, I'm not a man, but same concept).

lol.. .my trainer IS Bob.... well.... I workout to the Biggest Loser workout DVD's.... so he's technically my trainer..... or at least I like to think so.... ;)

NemesisClaws
10-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I wish they would show repeats of the show for later on during the week. Sighs.

I knew right away that Patty would get voted off because her team was really ticked at her for that challenge previously in which she won a 3 pound pass. It never fails.

I do think they could've made the show much better by eliminating that whole soap opera at the elimination table, and that whole taking forever weighing in folks. Sheesh...how many commericals was that??? Furthermore, I want to see shots of them eating, what they are eating, and what do they do after all the exercising is done for the day?

Currently checking out one of Jillian's older DVD's on exercise. It's mainly to do with the backside, but I'm rather surprised at how simplistic this DVD is. She only has one 30 mins exercise on here. Most exercise DVD's have several 30 mins exercises at least, which explains my surprise at this. However, I'm liking it since she keeps the movements pretty simple and you're not killing yourself trying to figure out what the heck she's doing next.

xJox
10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Who is watching tonight?

LondonJulz
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm watching! Hubby is taking the kids for a walk from 7:30 - 8:30 so I get time to myself to just SIT and not have kids screaming! YAY!!!! I have the coffee maker ready to go!

Any guesses as to who from each team will get voted off tonight (depending on which team goes to elimination?) My guesses would be:

Red: Amy (she's the only girl left on that team)
Blue: Nicole (I still don't think she's a prominent player)
Black: Julie (though I like her)

BerkshireGrl
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Who is watching tonight?

I will be here in Mass, starting in 50 minutes ;) (the countdown has begun!)

I missed last week -- BOOHOO! -- because I was at my parents for dinner and they had zero interest in the show when I floated the idea of tuning in. Geez, I tell ya, family, heheheh! :D

I'm excited for my weigh-in tomorrow morning too. I finally get my head screwed on right about this Dieting stuff, and I'm making solid progress. Phew!

We shall see what the Scale Fairy brings! To all Teams: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I'll be back later to dish on the show...

Azure
10-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I'll be here (also in Mass) :D It's drivin' me crazy that it starts at 8:30 now, though!

chellez
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm half watching.... I have other things to work on so I'll be in and out. Do I need to link the chat room? Does anyone want to use it?

LondonJulz
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Do I sense a cat fight coming on between Jillian and Kim!?!!? SWEET!!!!! :carrot: I'd pick Jillian to win that one any day of the week!

Azure
10-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I LOVE JILLIAN. Lots and lots :D

LondonJulz
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
LOVE JILLIAN!!!! Tonights episode (and it looks like next weeks episode) has given me even more of a dislike of Kim!!! Gag!

Whoever said that the red team knew they'd be safe from elimination so they chugged water before last weeks weigh-in to get low weighloss numbers.... I think you all were SOOOO dead on with that! Amazing... they were all 1 pound losers last week, and all of the sudden this week..*BAM* 10 pounds here and there! hmmm.... I smells a fish!

I hated to see anyone on the Black team go home, but I do feel it was good strategy to send one of the twins home.... I hate that part of the show!!!

Andi18
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I love Jillian! Can't wait to see the cat fight on next weeks show. I too am getting dislike Kim more and more...

I hated to see a member of the black team go, but agree that they had a good strategy behind this one, unlike the previous people kicked off the ranch.

onthetee
10-09-2007, 11:57 PM
For the first time, I am a Kim fan. She treated her team the way I parent, and I was thrilled that she got results.

I hope that Jillian learned that anytime you start taking away people's choices, treating them like morons and trying to control every aspect of their lives, they will rebel, consciously or not. Kim showed respect and trust in her team to do the right thing. Even if they rigged it last week, that could not all have been water weight. I think they took their knowledge and applied it and did well.

When WW switched from the points range to the flex points, I failed. It was too restrictive to hit a single target everyday and then try to think about flex points. To give me a range each day gave me much more control. When I was trying to hit a target, I started trying to cheat the system, and did successfully. But I did not lose weight.

I think that people learn to make choices by making choices, not by being told what to do. I think that trying to control everything that people put in their mouth leads to rebellion. This is why restrictive dieting vs. life changes are unsuccessful over the long term. David made a great point that 24-hour room service was available. How many people decided they would just eat when Jillian was not watching?

And if you don't let them make their own choices, how will they ever experience consequences? Losing a team member was a consequence for the black team, but would it have come to that if they had felt more freedom in the first place?

Andi18
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I think they sandbagged last week. They took a chance and figured they would get immunity and didn't have the weight loss they would have had they been up against the other teams. Reading blogs and reports on what some of the contestants will do to lose the weight before a weigh in, I wouldn't doubt some of those numbers were the result of improper dieting. This is a game, the contestants will do what they want/think/need to do.

The black team was going to lose someone sooner or later... They worked their :kickbutt: off but didn't have the weight loss, it happens... I don't think it was because Jillian did not allow them to drink, Bob didn't allow his team to drink either. Like Bob said, one drink every now and then is not going to cause a lot of harm... Again, it is Bob and Jillian's (and Kim's too) job to get these contestants to lose weight. Their main focus is to get that weight off however they can, if it means no choices than that is how they will play. These people are adults, they've made their choices, had their experiences, that's why they are on the show. Bob and Jillian (and Kim too) are doing their job, they are teaching the contestant's discipline...

Azure
10-10-2007, 12:19 AM
I agree that the red team probably sodium loaded, then water loaded right before weigh-in...their low numbers last week were suspicious and their high numbers this week were even MORE suspicious. I don't like Kim, plain and simple.

I think that in the real world, a more balanced approach might be okay. However, those people aren't in the real world--and risking something like losing a weigh in to have a few drinks is silly. They'll have plenty of time to have a few when they're maintaining.

From listening to Jillian's radio show (and I do every week), she's actually okay with people drinking certain kinds of booze while losing (no more than two drinks/week) and while maintaining. She's very specific about what kinds, but she's okay with it as long as people are aware of what it does in the body and compensate for that. TBL is a scenario where that just doesn't make sense.

The black team had to lose a team member eventually, I guess...I just was hoping they would stick it to the Red team again. I really would just like for Kim's team to be gone so she will go, too. Heh.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I understand where Kim was coming from on the drinking issue....afterall, they are adults and they know what they need to do. I was more aggravated with the contestants themselves. They have a marvelous opportunity....and, they are in a competition! What the heck do they need a drink for??!!! They just need to toughen up and get their head in the game. Give me this opportunity....I'd do everything I absolutely could do to lose the weight for my team and to win the challenge.

Also, do I think the red team pulled some kind of shenanigans last week? You betcha! I would have.

Tina30
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I love Jillian, but she had to realize that at some point her team would lose a weigh-in! I really love BOB though! I was so glad they didn't lose again! I kinda feel sorry for Kim. I think she has big shoes to fill, and I think she does a good job! Everyone trains different, and I think she is just sweeter and doesn't have it in her to push them as much as Jillian would! I really do think though that she has her teams best interest at heart! I just love the show period though! HOLY COW....did Jim look fantastic or what? I think he looked like a totally different person! Can't wait for next weeks show!

xJox
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I was so glad Isabeau didnt get voted off.

Diva
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm totally dumping my Bf for Bob! LOL! He is one FINE looking man! YUM!!!!

I always cry at eliminations....I'm such a nerd. :dizzy:

LondonJulz
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
YES, Jim looked FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm always so proud to see that the contestants who have gotten voted off the show have done so well on their own!

onthetee
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I was so glad Isabeau didnt get voted off.

Someone at the vote-off said something about her reasons for being there were not as good as the other people. What was her reason? I have forgotten, if I ever knew.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
In the first episode, she said something about a cross country race with her family? or something like that. Also, I think she is a singer and wants to sing professionally.

Andi18
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I was also glad to see Isabeau not get voted off. I think that comment was geared towards that fact that she is not married or have kids...that's my assumption anyway. Regardless of that, she is the heaviest woman on TBL since the show started, she has every reason to be there and to continue her fight to become TBL. I hope she makes it to the final. And yes, she is a singer, you can listen to some of her songs on her myspace page... myspace.com/isabeaumiller She has pictures on there from a few years back as well (one of them being her profile pic).

Shay
10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
It would be great if Isabeau made it to the final. I don't particularly like any of the other women on the show. Wait a minute I like Kae. I think she will be this season's Drea.

Again I love Bob, like Jillian, and could care less about Kim. Has everyone seen Kim in the Slim in 6 infomercial?

This season I am rooting for individuals and I'm rooting for Phil and Isabeau.

LondonJulz
10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
I liked Isabeaus myspace page.... her blogs are HILARIOUS!! (she also addresses the "week" issues in one of her blogs...cleared it up).

Also... from her page, I went to others pages and eventually landed on the cowboy from Texas on the red team...his blog is set up really neat - looks like he kept a journal while at the campus...and for each weekly episode, he posts his journal entrys for that week so you can kind of see how he was feeling. It was pretty nifty...

I also landed on Bobs page... HE'S 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have thought him to be MUCH younger! (not saying 42 is old by ANY means....) I just assumed he was in his 30s!

xJox
10-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh yeah.. there are tons of them on myspace.

NemesisClaws
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I also landed on Bobs page... HE'S 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have thought him to be MUCH younger! (not saying 42 is old by ANY means....) I just assumed he was in his 30s!

:o I just can't believe that! He's actually 42???!! I too thought he was in his 30's as well...wow....when you take care of yourself, it really shows! :D

Judging from the previews, it looks like Kim really ticked off her team in the gym...probably from demanding more than they wanted to give.....can't wait to watch! :witch:

xJox
10-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I some how managed to miss the preview for next week.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey! 42 is not old. I'm 43 and life has never been better. At this age, I've learned enough about life to feel comfortable being who I am without any regard to what anyone else thinks.:D (But, he does look kinda hot.;))

Diva
10-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey! 42 is not old. I'm 43 and life has never been better. At this age, I've learned enough about life to feel comfortable being who I am without any regard to what anyone else thinks.:D (But, he does look kinda hot.;))

Heck I guess I am an early blooomer because I reached that at about 34'ish. I hear Rita Wilson say on Ellen this week that she's about to turn 50 and she feels like she's at the age where she's earned the right to say exactly what she thinks...and I was like well, dang, I do that now @ 40! LOL! I came to a point in my life a while back that I feel like we are pretty in this alone. Ya can't really count on anyone else or point the finger's at anyone else when we mess up. I am the only one I can count on. I will do and say what I want. I don't feel like I have to impress or earn anyones approval, ESPECIALLY my parents, so either take me as is or go about your own way. No sweat off my back. They may sound cold, but that's how I am.

LondonJulz
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I came to a point in my life a while back that I feel like we are pretty in this alone. Ya can't really count on anyone else or point the finger's at anyone else when we mess up. I am the only one I can count on. I will do and say what I want. I don't feel like I have to impress or earn anyones approval, ESPECIALLY my parents, so either take me as is or go about your own way. No sweat off my back. They may sound cold, but that's how I am.

Wow... I've just started feeling this way and I'm 27. I think my husband has a lot to do with it though. I used to be a people pleaser and would be miserable just as long as everybody around me was happy. My hubby (over the course of our nearly 5 year marriage) has taught me that I only have 1 life to live and I need to do things for me. I don't want to be at the end of my life and look back with regrets of things I didn't do because it would make other people mad, sad, look at me funny. So, I've just recently started having that kind of mentality. If people (my family included) want to talk down to me, badly about me, or judge me because of decisions I make..... it's their loss for not having their heads and hearts open.

AND...GirlyGirlSebas - I never said 42 was old.... I thought 40 was the new 30? ;)

dixied
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
If 40 is the new 30, does that make me 26 now? I like that idea.

Hun.e.B
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, I'm 35 and I'm pretty much at the point where I say what I want to LOL! And I'm beyond worrying about someones feelings getting hurt, sometimes the truth just hurts and what I've learned in my young age is that it doesnt do anyone any favors to pansy foot around the truth. Walking on eggshells never solved anyones problems. I would certainly hope that noone does that with me. I want to hear the truth...ugly warts and all! Its actually something I'm pretty proud to have learned! Diva...I feel just like you ESPECIALLY with my inlaws. But thats a whole different story! My little miss mary sunshine days ended around 30ish LOL!

jellydisney
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Did anybody notice how when Kim and the red team were working out in the pool, the camera did a major zoom-in on Kim in a bikini?? That annoyed me to no end. Here we are watching a show about obese people working their butts off just to look normal, and the camera has to throw in that little bit of raunchiness to supposedly keep the audience interested. I dunno, for some reason that really irked me. :mad:

GirlyGirlSebas
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I dunno, for some reason that really irked me. :mad:

Yeah, I thought those shots were totally unnecessary. The show has a loyal audience....no need for cheese.

xJox
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Im gonna be tuning in tonight.. how bout u? Any ideas about what will happen?

LondonJulz
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm tuning in FOR SURE! I have no clue what will happen but I hope it involves Kim getting treadmill-burn or something! okayokay... that wasn't nice, I know... she just REALLY gets under my skin.... and I'm glad to see that tonight her team will turn on her....(or at least it seems like it with the previews) I can hope! :devil:

Can't wait to see Bob again *sigh*

and my heart belongs to THE BLACK TEAM!!!! :cheer:

dixied
10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm tuning in FOR SURE! I have no clue what will happen but I hope it involves Kim getting treadmill-burn or something! okayokay... that wasn't nice, I know... she just REALLY gets under my skin.... and I'm glad to see that tonight her team will turn on her....(or at least it seems like it with the previews) I can hope! :devil:

Can't wait to see Bob again *sigh*

and my heart belongs to THE BLACK TEAM!!!! :cheer:

For some reason I can never remember Kim's name. She just doesn't inspire me for some reason. It's like she's just a nameless extra, she's redundant. Jillian's the badass trainer, Bobalicous is eyecandy and the sensitive trainer. Kim is just there taking camera time away from Jillian and Bob as far as I'm concerned. I'm still laughing over the "Ken and Barbie" comment Jillian made on the episode when the Black Team joined back in.

LondonJulz
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
. I'm still laughing over the "Ken and Barbie" comment Jillian made on the episode when the Black Team joined back in.

Yep, I actually laughed out loud (and I was home by myself watching it) when she said that. That and when, on the last episode, Kim was patting herself on the back for how she told her team they could drink, they were adults... then it cut to Jillians interview where she was saying something about how they're there to do their job...and grow up...(something like that, I can't remember the actual words....but I laughed then and said "YOU GO GIRL!")

Dea
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I am going to catch bits and pieces of the show....it's on at the same time as 'The Unit', and I really like both shows. Besides, I get to see Bob every morning at 5:30 am, when I do my Biggest Loser work-outs!!!

I also caught the camera shot of Kim coming out of the pool. It reminded me of some one video taping something, and then wondering off at the sight of a cute figure. LOL

Shay
10-16-2007, 07:52 PM
That camera thing with Kim made me think WTF? She so gets on my nerves. As someone else stated she is not inspirational. I think Jillian tolerates her.

I was always worried about what others thought of me until college. I know the reason I got there so early in life --my mom. For my first 14 years of life my mom was a single mother to me & my brother. She taught me to be a very independent thinker. She taught me this: If you live your life worrying what others think you will not live your life. I generally say what's on my mind so some people automatically love me for it and others learn to love me for it. My sense of humor probably helps too.

I am so watching tonight. I have a paper due tommorrow but I am planning that around TBL. It's about 1/2 done anyways and due by 5pm tomorrow. I do plan on submitting it tonight or early tomorrow morning.

LondonJulz
10-16-2007, 08:04 PM
OH.. I just checked on TBL website... it comes on at 9 (est) / 8 (central) tonight :( Now I have to wait an extra half an hour more!! POO!

Shay
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I wish I would have seen your post earlier, LondonJulz. I will work on my paper until 9pm.

xJox
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I wish I had seen it too cause I was freaking out when the news was on at 8:30 and was about to start cussing. lol.

LondonJulz
10-16-2007, 10:18 PM
all I have to say is:

DA-VID, DA-VID, DA-VID

I would have walked out too... YES, she's supposed to push them, but how is it that Jillian and Bob can push their people without having SUCH freaking attitudes about it? Kim needs to go!!!

AND... I agree with the Black team.... the Red team hasn't won 5 out of 6 challenges....Phil has won 5 out of 6 challenges

AND.... as always I bawled with the videos from home....

Shay
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
B is so freaking stupid!

Shay
10-16-2007, 11:00 PM
There is always Isabeau...this is starting to look like American Idol. A sad sad mess!!

BerkshireGrl
10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
B! :fr: What the #$%^ was he THINKING...?

Oh no! :stress:

LondonJulz
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
*GASP*

WOW... is all I can say. Wow.....wow....

wow........

I was half hoping for a tie because I want to see Kim get really angry.... but I knew if it went into a tie, they'd send Phil home because he is the biggest threat.... so.... I wasn't REALLY hoping for a tie... I wanted Amy to go home...she did have attitude issues....but Kim did basically say she wasn't needed on the team anymore (WTF? Since when do the trainers drop hints of who to kick off?).... but, NOT PHIL!!! He's so...... hot! lol. He looks dang fine now too.... I can't wait to see him at the reunion.

Next weeks show should be astounding....and full of drama!! WHOOHOO! I want to see Jillian deck Kim.... I'm sure it'd only take one good swing from Jillian to knock Kim down... that'd be awesome!

I am sad that Phil got voted off though.... I thought it'd be funny if they all tried to vote off their trainer! HA!!!!

onthetee
10-17-2007, 12:03 AM
(WTF? Since when do the trainers drop hints of who to kick off?).... but, NOT PHIL!!!

I think Bob tried to influence his team when they decided to vote Jerry off.

B--what a dipstick. Selfish, selfish. I hope at the finale, Phil not only has achieved more than B, but that Phil finds some way to make him feel really horrible.

Amy has been the obvious choice for me twice, but I cannot send telepathic messages to the red team, especially in the past. I would have thrown her under the bus too. Without Phil, they cannot win anymore challenges, so I hope they enjoyed those videos and weeks of immunity. I am willing to bet that they will be completely gone in the next 5 weeks.

It is interesting to see the differences in natural leadership of the trainers. I had a director in high school for whom I would have done anything to please her. She inspired me to do better, and I knew to trust her if she asked anything of me. Her replacement was the complete opposite. If he asked me to do something, I battled him to the death to show him how wrong he was. There is something about Kim, and it may be part of the editing of the show, that makes her seem really abrasive. I don't see her have the emotional investment that Bob and Jillian have; it is like she keeps her distance. The other two are all in. Bob and Jillian grieve and celebrate with their teams; Kim's reactions seem superficial.

Andi18
10-17-2007, 12:18 AM
B definitely showed his selfish side. Honestly though, next week they are breaking up/switching up the teams so it was probably to B's advantage to get rid of his biggest threat. I do not like Amy, and I too have felt she should have been voted off before, but I think she does need more time at the ranch, she just needs to show that she deserves to stay there and her low numbers aren't going to help her out with that.

I really really really dislike Kim's way of training. It may be editing, or it may be personality, whatever it is it was sure nice to see David go off on her tonight!

I too was shocked to see the time change of the show today. I am getting really annoyed with all of the commercial breaks during the weigh in and also the replay of the last 30 seconds before they went on commercial break. I get annoyed and want to go edit the show for them since that's what I got my degree in, unfortunately I don't think they will move production to Nebraska :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: (note to self...make hubby do his post doctorate wherever post-production is for TBL!!)

Hun.e.B
10-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Well to copy everyone else...WOW! I'm so mad Phil went he and Cowboy are my faves. He's looking damn good though so no hard feelings I bet.

So I didnt really think what Kim did was all that bad. No she didnt need to pull the F bomb that was her big mistake but I didnt think it was all they lead it up to be. So she pushed him...thats her job. The previews made it seem like she took it over the edge. I dunno, maybe just because I was expecting so much worse.

So I noticed my boyfriend Bob is getting a little thin on top!

And the previews for next week it looks like Bob is the one that Jillian goes off on. I dont like the idea of mixing up the teams!

What do you think the big shocker is? Someone gains? Seems like they've seen really big numbers in losses 26+ lbs so how could it be more shocking? And one of em says "how is that possible" so maybe. Cant wait!

Shay
10-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I actually don't think its a loss that's the big deal. Did they say it was a loss? Maybe an entire team doesn't lose any weight. That has never happened. Or Hollie is back and has lost a lot?

Did you hear them say Phil was 2nd in percentage to Kae? She would need to be the biggest loser every time to avoid being eliminated. I think they would vote off that fake *** Nicole before her though.

LondonJulz
10-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Jez lost a pound mearly by shaving off his massive beard! :rofl: He looked a lot better with that thing gone!!

LondonJulz
10-17-2007, 07:42 AM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=236300952&albumID=675578&imageID=3911179

I thought you all would enjoy this... a mighty nice pic. of Phil off of his wife's myspace page... yes, I think he's doing well!:D (you have to be signed into your Myspace account to get to it)

xJox
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
I agree, Jez looked totally different!!

I think they made a smart choice voting off Phil if they are gonna split the temas up, but if they dont then I think it was the wrong way to go. I do think he looked pretty good at home, but I really dont think he is hot at all. I dunno.. just dont like him really.

I think it was very wrong of Kim to butt in on the voting. I would have been pissed too. I would probably have decked her.

I think Kim needs to motivate more, but not in the way she is going about it. I would have told her off too.

I figure Kae will go home next time the blue team have an elimination.

As for the shocker.. I thought someone gained. Dunno.. we will see.

I dont like the new time either. Is it gonna be this time every week? I really think they need an hour and a half becuase of the number of people.

Diva
10-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I noticed the time thing to, so I watched the carpoolers show and had ALL intentions on watching TBL and completely forgot about it!:?:

I watched DWTS results instead. I hope I can catch it online after I carry the boy to school.

BTW, I do have a myspace if anyone wants to add me.
http://www.myspace.com/diva0467
email: rsmorley0467@yahoo.com

NotTheCheat
10-17-2007, 10:36 AM
It is great how you can REALLY start to see everyone's progress now. I agree that Jez looked so much better clean shaven and without the chunky glasses.

I was really annoyed that the one time in the show it seemed like they were going to say something about eating/cooking (the Black team in the kitchen with Jillian) ended up being an in show commercial for gum. The product placement was so blatant it was disgusting.

It was sad to see Phil go since he was so strong. I guess that is the curse of doing TOO well - people see you as a threat. I could see why Red might want to go to a tie. After being friends with these people for months, it might feel better to go to a tie and let someone else make the decision rather than giving one of your friends the axe.

Hun.e.B
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I read on another board that someone loves TBL, but doesnt like how much it makes her want to eat. Anyone else get this feeling watching the show?

I for one get to opposite effect...watching that show makes me want to go workout.

~melissa

Azure
10-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I was really annoyed that the one time in the show it seemed like they were going to say something about eating/cooking (the Black team in the kitchen with Jillian) ended up being an in show commercial for gum. The product placement was so blatant it was disgusting.

It's kinda funny--I listen to Jillian's radio show and weeks and weeks ago, she was talking about how the TBL exec.s forced her to do a gum thing on TBL. I guess that was the moment! She was saying how they wanted her to rattle off all this fake commercial crap, and she said that she DOES think chewing gum while cooking can decrease the urge to "taste" everything, so she said that instead of what they wanted her to say. Though the bit at the end about it being her "favorite gum" was definitely scripted. I guess when you work for a show, you've got to do what they say to an extent. She also mentioned on this past Sunday's podcast that she's starting filming for TBL 5 this week! Crazysauce!

onthetee
10-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I read on another board that someone loves TBL, but doesnt like how much it makes her want to eat. Anyone else get this feeling watching the show?

I for one get to opposite effect...watching that show makes me want to go workout.

~melissa

I used to do both when the show was longer. I would do my Pilates at the beginning, then settle in for the weigh-ins with carrots and hummus or baba ganoush.

Jen
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I wonder if it is the bit where they show the piles of food temptations. That doesn't make me want to eat, that makes me sad and I usually hope that isn't real food because think of the waste even if it is unhealthy crap food.

NotTheCheat
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Azure - It definitely seemed like Jillian wasn't happy about having to participate in that. I apologize if you have already said mentioned this, but how do you listen to Jillian's show? Can you get it as a podcast?

Shay
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I just can't quite understand how the show could make you eat more. I guess everyone is different. Seeing how unhealthy everyone is at the beginning of the show motivates me to get up and get going.The big piles of food are disgusting to me.

Notthe cheat--You are 3 pounds away from losing 100lbs. How exciting!

Azure
10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Azure - It definitely seemed like Jillian wasn't happy about having to participate in that. I apologize if you have already said mentioned this, but how do you listen to Jillian's show? Can you get it as a podcast?

You can download the shows here: http://www.kfi640.com/podcast/SUNDAY.xml all the way back to 3/4/07 :) This is updated usually every Tuesday with the previous Sunday's show. To download it, right-click the title and do "save as". Once the files are downloaded onto your PC, you can import them to iTunes and stick them on your iPod. If you prefer not to download, if you simply click the title of the show, it'll play right on your PC :)

Andi18
10-17-2007, 02:43 PM

~melissa

They don't show much food on the show unless it is for a temptation or "commercial" :devil: The show motivates me to work out, especially after the weigh in and when I get upset at who gets voted off. I used to get mad and eat, now I get mad and workout! :tread:

Andi18
10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I gotta agree that Jez looks totally different and is starting to look really hot! It's kind of funny because he reminds me of my husband...my hubby used to have the fro and large classes and looked the part of a "nerd" I guess you could say. Not now!!! :dancer:

onthetee
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM

~melissa

Based on the responses here, it seems like this person may be looking for a reason to eat??

xJox
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM

They did that with the Jenni-O Turkey the other day too.

NemesisClaws
10-17-2007, 07:16 PM
They def went overboard with all the hype about Kim blowing up at her team here. Sheesh. The only complaint I do have about Kim regarding this incident is that she didn't know when to back off and shut up. There were other ways to make sure this guy worked his butt off. It just seems to me that Kim as a leader is not terribly motivational for her team. I mean, if you know she's never been overweight, and she looks like a Barbie doll, are you really gonna pay her that much attention? Didn't think so.

I mainly ignore the obvious turkey-o and gum advertisements. A lot of other reality shows do it too, but that doesn't mean I jump right out to go buy it. Pul-lease....

Based on the previews, it looks like they either made it an individual competition instead of a team thing, or they switched folks around on the teams, which is what it's looking like to me. I do wish they would show repeats of this show during the week for those of us who want to watch it again. Hmpt.....

jellydisney
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I too was shocked to see the time change of the show today. I am getting really annoyed with all of the commercial breaks during the weigh in and also the replay of the last 30 seconds before they went on commercial break. I get annoyed and want to go edit the show for them since that's what I got my degree in, unfortunately I don't think they will move production to Nebraska :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: (note to self...make hubby do his post doctorate wherever post-production is for TBL!!)

The commercials and repeating of scenes is so bad, I can't watch this show live. I tivo it, and then watch it on Wednesdays. Was the editing this ridiculous in past seasons? I feel like I hear every single line repeated at least twice.

jellydisney
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
They did that with the Jenni-O Turkey the other day too.

I can't remember the Turkey-O, but I do remember Bob going on and on about 100 calorie packs for the airplane, and also the whole Subway scene.

The product placement isn't subtle. The gum scene was really unnatural for Jillian lol.

onthetee
10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
They def went overboard with all the hype about Kim blowing up at her team here. Sheesh. The only complaint I do have about Kim regarding this incident is that she didn't know when to back off and shut up. There were other ways to make sure this guy worked his butt off. It just seems to me that Kim as a leader is not terribly motivational for her team. I mean, if you know she's never been overweight, and she looks like a Barbie doll, are you really gonna pay her that much attention? Didn't think so.

One of the things that I have noticed Jillian do that I think is effective in that setting is to have them work out as a team. She had them all on the treadmill, going the same speeds, they had a call and response going. They do a little as a group, then she works with them as individuals. I think that helps cement them as a team, which I don't think that Kim has done. She could have said to Cowboy, "You know what? You can do this. Come on red team, everyone on a treadmill. Start at 3.0, let's go."

LondonJulz
10-18-2007, 12:12 AM
how weird is this...

Cowboy from TBL just requested little ole me as a friend on myspace! So, I sent him a comment joking about how he was now my 100th friend and I'd give him $250,000 if I had it.... and he wrote me a very nice message in response, so I wrote him a message back.... and then he just wrote me another message.
Very nice man. Ain't that nifty.

(yes, I know that they have gas just like the rest of us... I'm not being all "star struck"... it's just not everyday you have someone in the "limelight" requesting to be your friend... well, there was that one time Brad Pitt tried to be my friend.... but I had to turn him down.... HAHAHHAHAhahahahha!! I wish!)

Diva
10-18-2007, 09:12 AM
It just seems to me that Kim as a leader is not terribly motivational for her team. I mean, if you know she's never been overweight, and she looks like a Barbie doll, are you really gonna pay her that much attention? Didn't think so.

lol! JULZ YOU CRACK ME UP!

Actually at the beginning of last season, Kim and Bob were on The Today show and Kim said she had been overweight before so she knows what they are going through, but, that being said, over weight to Barbie could mean 5 lil' ole pounds!;)

I sometimes wonder if they are showing Kim in a bad light because maybe they are trying to sqeeze her out now that Jillian is back..I dunno.... I never really cared for Kim or her style of training. I didn't like Jillian at first either (this is my 1st season ever watching her) but now I LOVE her, not like I love Bob. But I do love her.

LondonJulz
10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
not like I love Bob.

I think our love for Bob is a special kind of love...
:val2:

Diva
10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I think it's special too. ;) hehe

Andi18
10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
The commercials and repeating of scenes is so bad, I can't watch this show live. I tivo it, and then watch it on Wednesdays. Was the editing this ridiculous in past seasons? I feel like I hear every single line repeated at least twice.

I don't remember it being this bad in previous seasons. It's rediculous. :devil:

Andi18
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I think it's special too. ;) hehe

LOL You guys are crackin' me up!! :love:

NotTheCheat
10-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Azure - Thanks for the link. I will definitely check those out.

I missed the turkey one, but now I remember the 100-calorie pack thing. That one was pretty bad too.

All I can say about the editing is thank goodness for DVR and the ff button. It really is over the top. You wonder how much actual content they could add back in if they took out all the repetition.

LondonJulz
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't remember it being this bad in previous seasons. It's rediculous. :devil:

I agree!! And I don't ever remember the blatent product placement in past seasons either...

*scene opens on TBL campus*

Jillian is seen walking into the workout room,
she stops with a disgusted look on her face,
she almost gags...and we see her nearly
throwing up in her mouth.

Jillian: wow... you people reak of body odor.

The team all look at each other while still
working hard on the treadmill. They know
if they stop working out, Jillian would whip
them.

Jillian: you know, I find that using Degree solid antiperspirant in the simply satin scent helps me to not smell like the bus of a bunch of overweight women going to see a Ricky Martin concert. C'mon down here, give it a try.

The team stops working out to come sample
the Degree goodness. They are all smiling at
their newfound deodorant of choice.

Jillian: Not only does it smell great, but it's also Little Black Dress approved.

Jez smiles as if he's relieved that he's finally
found a deodorant that won't rub off on his clothes,
Kim can be heard in the distance throwing F-bombs
at Cowboy for NOT being little black dress approved.
The Black team embraces in a long group hug.

*scene fades*
:encore:

GirlyGirlSebas
10-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, Julz! You are too funny!

I do remember previous season's endorsements.....Jenny O turkey, Weight Control oatmeal and sugar free pudding and jello. But, it does seem so much more obvious now. I really do wish they'd show us more of what they are being taught about nutrition and their eating plan.

Andi18
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
:rofl: That is hillarious Julz!! :rofl:

I am also going to have to follow the link to podcasts as well.

Jen415
10-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Julz, I about wet meself from laughing!! :):)

In defense of B choosing Phil: I think B was thinking ahead to when the teams break up (which looks like this week!). I mean, Phil was his teammate THEN, but he knew it would be a matter of time before Phil WASN'T his teammate.

JMHO, of course....

LeedaRenee
10-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that Bob has an odd shaped head?

*dodges bricks and tomatoes*

LondonJulz
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Leeda - you don't have to dodge anything.... one less woman who thinks he's sexy means a better chance of me getting to him! HAHAHAHAHahhaahahah!! *ahem*... just kidding of course. I am a happily married woman... :D

GirlyGirlSebas
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Honestly, I've never noticed the shape of his head. I'm too busy admiring his beautiful smile....and, Julz, I'm happily married too, but I ain't blind! :D

LondonJulz
10-19-2007, 12:44 PM
....and, Julz, I'm happily married too, but I ain't blind! :D :lol3: touché

Jen415
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Um....WHO LOOKS AT HIS HEAD?? :o

LeedaRenee
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
LOL julz!
I've just always been turned off by a lumpy head... ;)

No, he's an alright I guess,I just don't see the fascination with him.

I like him much better than Kim...Jillian is my favorite trainer by far...
See? Lumpy head!
http://www.biggestloserclub.com/ms/blcfeatures/images/bobharper.jpg

LondonJulz
10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
LOL julz!

See? Lumpy head!
http://www.biggestloserclub.com/ms/blcfeatures/images/bobharper.jpg

All I see in that picture is........ julie starts daydreaming of Bob running towards her with his arms wide open in slow motion in a field of daisies! His beautiful blue eyes sparkling - his smile as bright as the sunshine.....

Okay, okay... I'm done now! ;)

... I guess I don't see the Lumpy head.... oh, but that jaw line.... that manly-chiseled jaw line.... and those LIPS! :devil:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... I gotta go clean the toilet or something.......lol :o

LeedaRenee
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
All I see in that picture is........ julie starts daydreaming of Bob running towards her with his arms wide open in slow motion in a field of daisies! His beautiful blue eyes sparkling - his smile as bright as the sunshine.....

lol!

Hun.e.B
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Okay I agree, I cant stop looking at his eyes to even notice his head! Besides thats just shadows! LOL! You know the shot of him in the opening credits for BL where he is doing that yoga pose holding himself in the funky position with just his arms....all I'm sayin is HELLO! anyone imagine other positions he's capable of? LOL!!:angel:

NemesisClaws
10-20-2007, 04:14 PM
LMAO!!!! Man it's gonna hard for me to look at Bob next week without seeing daisies now!

Andi18
10-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Okay I agree, I cant stop looking at his eyes to even notice his head! Besides thats just shadows! LOL! You know the shot of him in the opening credits for BL where he is doing that yoga pose holding himself in the funky position with just his arms....all I'm sayin is HELLO! anyone imagine other positions he's capable of? LOL!!:angel:

I will admit that I do love that photo :whoo:
I don't see any loppy sided head here
http://a811.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_91361e8f8adaa11f989ff40a67e701e2.jpg:whoo: