The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 4 Weekly Show Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Hun.e.B
11-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Okay, first of all I'm glad I noticed that TBL was on earlier than usual, I'm thinking there must be a time difference thing.

I must be in the abnormal because 1) Neil doesnt bother me. And I think its because I'm a HUGE reality TV thing and he thought he was playing a different kind of game. Right now I feel like he realized that its not that kind of game, but at the same time, fans of the show want to see game they just wont admit it. I dont agree with what he did, but I'm over holding it against him because he wasnt the first and hes not the only one who has done it.

I was actually rooting for Amy and Kae tonight. I hated seeing Amy taking a nap but if felt like they really started rooting for one another at the weigh in. Their non verbal communication ( yes, that is a class I'm taking right now) really put a different light on the previous commentary.

Bob looked SO different in his collered shirt!! I just LOVE that man.

I hate that Ryan left I really think that Amy NEEDS to go. I'm gonna start hoping for her because I swear if I hope for someone they end up on the block!

Okay done ranting!

~melissa

Andi18
11-07-2007, 07:48 AM
If it were not for the DVR, I could not watch this show.

I'm jealous!

Andi18
11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
I was also surprised how well Amy and Kae seemed to mesh towards the end of the episode. I can understand how Kae was pissed about getting teamed up with Amy, but Amy did step up to the plate. I at first was thinking Amy doesn't belong there - she's not putting in the effort like the others... The girl has lost 52 pounds. That is not done by sitting around on your hiney and doing nothing. Her and Isabeau started off around the same weight and have both lost the same amount of weight. Amy does have a crappy personality, personally I don't think I could work along side her. I think I would still vote Neil and Nicole off before Amy though.

missingmyerica
11-07-2007, 08:21 AM
I was so glad someone mentioned how handsome Bill looks! I can't believe the transformation he has made. He looks great!

I'm so glad they won the hybrid cars!:carrot:

Diva
11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
I think Bill is looking mighty handsome too and I was so touched that he wanted Julie to win that car. He's a good guy. I actually cried when she won it, lol! As a stay @ home mom myself I completely understand having to make scarafices to be able to be here. I've been driving the same POS car for yrs.

NemesisClaws
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm thrilled for Julie winning that car, but I must admit, I'm a bit puzzled here...during the show, Julie states that in order for her to be a stay at home mom, they had to give up a car because obviously they probably had car insurance and car payments that they couldn't do if she stayed home. Now with this new car, granted she won't have car payments, but she will have car insurance along with paying a hefty tax thing on it for it being a "gift" or however the IRS terms it, so if she is still a stay at home mother, how is she gonna afford this?

I also noticed in the nick of time that the show was on at 8 instead of 8:30...so nice of them to change the time on us...grr...

I am frankly surprised that Kae has managed to hang in there for this long because normally in past seasons, those who entered the one-derland pounds were usually kicked off in a hurry. I'm glad Amy stepped up though and lost some pounds. It will be interesting to see how long these two can manage to stay....

As for Neil, like Isabella said....you can't trust anybody......in the end, it's still anybody's game....

chellez
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Okie doke... so I talked to the mods and they informed me they have a rule about no selling on the boards. They think its a cool idea, but they can't allow exceptions just because I'm a fellow mod.

If you are interested in one I can email you information, but I can't sell you anything through this messageboard.

PS: Please remember to pm your email... don't post it here or you're asking for junk mail!

Diva
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm thrilled for Julie winning that car, but I must admit, I'm a bit puzzled here...during the show, Julie states that in order for her to be a stay at home mom, they had to give up a car because obviously they probably had car insurance and car payments that they couldn't do if she stayed home. Now with this new car, granted she won't have car payments, but she will have car insurance along with paying a hefty tax thing on it for it being a "gift" or however the IRS terms it, so if she is still a stay at home mother, how is she gonna afford this?

I dunno, maybe she wasn't thinking about all that? Perhaps they do have a bit of savings or something to pay the "gift" taxes on it. As for Car insurance, maybe they can aford that, just not that and payments? In some states insurance isn't the law or heavily inforced. In TN it just became a law a couple of yrs ago, and at least in our area, it isn't heavily inforced at all.

dixied
11-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Julie lives in FL, speaking from my FL experience, the car insurance here is very affordable. (House insurance, though, is another story.) Also there is no state income tax. She would, I think, have to pay sales tax and registration, both still very reasonable. I think there might also be a tax credit for hybrids? Heck it's possible that she'd sell the hybrid and buy something cheaper and still come out ahead.

Hun.e.B
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
The car isnt considered a gift (gifts to a certain extent arent taxed) it is a prize or award and she has to include the fair market value of the car in her gross income for taxes. <<<<EWWW!! My tax class is sticking LOL!

~melissa

Purplefirefly
11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I am in love with this website...and too bad I am too late to join your BL challenge :mad: This looks like so much fun, so I am going to just hang around and chat about the show, if you all don't mind a late intruder :)

I'm a Jillian girl all the way...I have not been on here in almost a year, hoping to find a place I belong again. I left a really wonderful group but can't find them now!

aud
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Hiya purplefirefly! I'm in with a fun group that you may like - we still have gals joining our quest to just get healthier . . . all sorts of plans going on and no-pressure type Challenge - if you read the first post here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126049 by NurseMichelle - explains it way better. If you like the sound of it - we are in our first full week of what is now called W.O.W. Naughty & Nice Challenge (Week 2) - It's in the Chicks Up For a Challenge section - runs til 12/18 this time.:)

Diva
11-09-2007, 03:12 PM
The more the merrier purplefirefly! I am thinking of starting a BL Chat thread for us all to keep in touch in betwwen challenges unless someone beats me to it. This one ends in Dec and we'll start up again in jan after the Holiday's. :D

Purplefirefly
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok I definitely want in for January, I'll stick around and watch for it. And Aud, thanks for the invite, I will check out your challenge right now! I sure need it.

LondonJulz
11-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Okay - I just checked by TBL website. Next weeks episode is on at 8 (eastern) / 7 (central) AND, I noticed that right below Ryans picture on the main page it says The Biggest Loser is LIVE 11/20 ?!??!? Anyone know what that's about?????

NemesisClaws
11-10-2007, 11:58 AM
The car isnt considered a gift (gifts to a certain extent arent taxed) it is a prize or award and she has to include the fair market value of the car in her gross income for taxes. <<<<EWWW!! My tax class is sticking LOL!

~melissa

:D Thanks for the right definition! I couldn't remember exactly how it was termed. Question though...does that mean she would still have to pay for it on her taxes anyway? I remember something similar to when Oprah "gifted" cars to her audience and there was a resulting furor over it because some of these folks couldn't afford to keep the cars after all since they had to pay on it for their taxes....

Hun.e.B
11-10-2007, 12:42 PM
yeah she has to pay tax on the fair market value of the car. It counts as though she has additional "income" in that amount. I imagine its gonna cost her at least a couple of thousand just in taxes, not to mention the license and registration and insurance. Granted because she owns the vehicle she is only required to get liability insurance. But considering the whole thing was she couldnt afford to stay home and have the other car, it didnt really help her much.

~melissa

Shay
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
YES, YES, YES...Individual time!

Shay
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Where is everyone? This is a great episode. I hope Hollie picks Isabeau! I don't think she would pick Kae but that would be fine with me because I like Kae.

Azure
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry, I'm here :) At least, I'm watching the show! I can't believe that Kim's still on a diatribe about how Amy's "going to regret her decision" someday about changing teams! I'm GLAD Amy decided to wear black, to honor Jillian for making a difference in her training, where Kim hadn't done that for her. I think Amy needs to be pushed by a trainer who's compassionate, but is also a drill sergeant.

It's awesome Hollie took her friend to the gym and is making a difference in her friend's life...can we say future Trainer in the making? I think so! :D

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Hollie has grown on me. I didn't like her at first. Her swimming was amazing!

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Those pictures they show are never what you think. In regards to Brian's weigh in. I would feel bad if Brian went home but I don't think Kim has it in her as a trainer like Bob did to keep Eric there.

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm hoping Amy or Nicole go home! PLEASE!!!!

Azure
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
My top people are:

-- BILL
-- Kae
-- Hollie
-- Julie
-- Isabeau

...Yeah...I'm a little Black-team biased :D

I'd really love a GIRL to be The Biggest Loser this year--and I think that Kae has the best chance. She also seems to be THE MOST dedicated.

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I think Brian will go home. Amy needs to but I think Brian will. There are only 3 guys left. If Brian goes home there are only 2 left but they are big losers consistently.

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
OMG maybe they will send Amy home!

Andi18
11-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking it is bye-bye Amy time.

and I'm glad Amy tried to give the shirt back to Kim, let it be a slap in the face just like how Kim turned her back on Amy.

Azure
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Even though Brian's a bigger threat...I REALLY hope Isabeau knocks Amy out. Amy gets on my nerves.

Shay
11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
YES!YES!YES! Come on she isn't a real Black team member. Nicole is next!

Shay
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Good for her! She lost an additional 43 pounds. She's gonna look good at the finale.

Azure
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow...Amy looks great! It's kinda mean, I guess, but I didn't think she'd be able to keep it up on her own. I guess with a fitness-minded husband and kids who love you, and some success at the ranch, she found a way to do it! I say, good for her!!! She looks fantastic :D

Shay
11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I didn't think so either but good for her.

Andi18
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
YES!YES!YES! Come on she isn't a real Black team member. Nicole is next!

Agreed on the YES!YES!YES! Even though it would have been nice to see Red team gone - guess it truly wouldn't have been gone since Amy was originally Red, but still. Don't know if Nicole is next, they still don't show her enough in the show to get a true feeling on her. I am glad to see it down to individuals though!!

What a tease about the "Live Show"....considering it is a LIVE weigh in for the one voted off. Was wondering what the Live Show was all about...

Andi18
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Honestly, I didn't think she would be able to do it either. I'm glad she has the support of her husband and kids though! Had no idea that her hubby was into fitness...

She does look great! Good for her! Can't wait to see what she looks like at the finale!

dixied
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm so glad the Biggest Whiner is gone. The rest of them seem to really be committed to being there.

I was on the treadmill tonight istead of the laptop. I had to make up for missing my walk this morning in lieu of an oil change. I'd much rather been walking. I can actually run on the treadmill without my knees killing me. Normally I prefer to be outside, but I might have to switch if I ever start running consistently instead of walking.

LondonJulz
11-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Thank you Isabeau! She didn't need to "prove" her loyalties... Amy wasn't on the Black team. She was whiney and abnoxious! I think everyone was glad to see her gone (holy cow, something they could all agree with!). I love everyone on the Black Team. I don't have any disreguard for any one of them! The others that are left, however.... the remains of the Blue team and the lone Red Team member could all leave and I wouldn't miss any one of them!

Azure
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Wouldn't it just be PHENOMINAL if it was all black team members as the Final 3? Or 2 Blacks and Kae...'cause I think she deserves to be in the Final 3. She's worked SO hard.

NemesisClaws
11-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Ok, now that the show is done in my time zone...:) here are my thoughts:

Kim the trainer: this lady is really getting on my last nerve. :mad: I don't blame Amy one bit for switching trainers here, especially when you've lost faith and trust in a trainer that clearly advocated to your teammates no less to kick you off at one point. It never ceases to astonish me how much Kim is into herself and her own image. Anyone else get the impression sometimes that Jillian does not care for Kim at all? Don't know about Bob, but I'm definitely feeling that from Jillian at times...
Kae: she's definitely one of my heroes on this show! Seriously though, her chances of making it all the way to end is pretty slim since even though she's been consistent with her weight loss so far, she'll be hitting her weight goal long before anyone else on this show. If she doesn't keep getting immunity or above the yellow line, she'll be next.
Amy: I'm so proud of her for losing 100 pounds so far! Can't wait to see what she looks like in the final show. Honestly, judging from her attitude on this show, I too thought she wouldn't keep it up at home. So glad I was wrong! In all honesty, she shouldn't have been that surprised by how quickly everyone was feeling about voting her off. I mean, she was whiny, and to some degree, even very needy at times.
Isabella (?) & Julie: I think I have one of these girls right...I'm referring to the two ladies who went home here. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that they both posted zero weight loss for the week. I mean, they only went home for one day, so they were on the ranch the majority of the the week exercising. It's rather amazing how much one day can screw you up in terms of weight loss here...then again, it depends on what they ate while they were home, but it did sound like Julie at least did really good on her diet.....:?:
Donut Challenge: seriously now, you're gonna screw up your weight loss goals for a bunch of empty calories and a measly $5,000 that will be cut in half by the govt when it's all said and done? Kudos to Kae for not doing it! She might not have gotten her 4 pound weight loss if she did...
And finally....on the subject of Amy not being a "true" black team member, I disagree. It must have been really awkward for her to switch trainers and teams here, and to isolate herself as a result, thus jeopardizing her chances of winning this competition. It was more than clear that Jillian saw her as a member of her own team, so I'm sure Jillian is not going to be happy to hear that one of the black team members voted her off. Not that I'm overly surprised by the move in all honesty because Amy didn't really endear herself to anyone here.

Azure
11-14-2007, 12:45 AM
I think the reason that Holly and Julie didn't post a loss this week probably has more to do with having maybe more carbs/salt than they had been having...it's hard to remember to guzzle water to stay hydrated when you're not being exercised to death, too. I'm sure what they didn't lose in pounds was a result of water weight and that they DID actually lose something this week. I don't think they consciously didn't lose weight this week (tampering like that could have spelled loss of immunity for them!), but I think being off the TBL campus might have messed with their systems.

SoulBliss
11-14-2007, 02:19 AM
OH, thank GODDESS that AMY is gone!

happy2bme
11-14-2007, 02:24 AM
I have to admit that from Amy's pouty face on the show, I never thought she'd do so well once she got home. She looks great. Kudos to her!

At first I thought they might have been portraying Kim in a bad light - kind of like Jillian not liking the way she was being depicted in the first season she was on, but given Kim's comments the last few weeks - it sure does seem like she's concerned about her image more than anything else.

I thought the donut challenge was a terrible waste of food - last week it was all about being green and saving the planet and this week it's back to same old, same old - how much materials and energy did they waste on this one?

NoVaVTFan
11-14-2007, 08:07 AM
YAY! I'm so happy Amy the whiner finally went home!!

MadamePJ
11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
She's gone!!! She totally disrespected Kim by giving back the shirt. I think she realized ... "hmmmm the black team seems to be retaining members ... I'll just go to that team and feel secure"... That's not how it should go ... you weren't rejected, or training inthe desert for the first few weeks. I applaud Jillian for working with her ... and helping her reach those last minute results ... and... she does look amazing after dropping 100lbs ... I'll give her that :D ... but I'm so glad the crybaby is gone :devil:

Purplefirefly
11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I was glad Amy was gone, but I did expect her to have lost a lot since going home. When you have that many people judge you as they did with their strong words while booting her out, most people will start to look at themselves and realize there must be something to it, for that many people to see her in such a negative light. I expected her to pull it together and knock off the weight, and she did! She's just a crybaby and couldn't do it away from her family.

She did disrespect Kim...but at the same time, Kim does her own share of that and I don't feel sorry for either one of them. I don't like how Kim puts the pressure on B. for being the last red...she should be telling him not to worry about her, worry for himself.

I am rooting for Kae...she works the hardest and her progress just amazes me. She rocked the first two parts of that triathalon, and that is probably what gave her the loss she got in the end.

NoVaVTFan
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Something about that triathlon - my fiance mentioned that he thought they did it wrong. He thought they should have chosen the winner by the times combined for the 3 parts of it. Kae won the first two legs, but lost the whole thing because she wasn't as strong a swimmer as Hollie. Hollie barely even made it to the second and third legs, so I don't think the way they chose the winner was quite fair.

Azure
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Something about that triathlon - my fiance mentioned that he thought they did it wrong. He thought they should have chosen the winner by the times combined for the 3 parts of it. Kae won the first two legs, but lost the whole thing because she wasn't as strong a swimmer as Hollie. Hollie barely even made it to the second and third legs, so I don't think the way they chose the winner was quite fair.

I agree there. Or if they didn't combine the times for all three heats (which they SHOULD have), if they would have made the contestants do the three legs back-to-back, instead of pausing between each one, then Kae would have had a time advantage for the last two legs of the race over the other two...it might have evened out at the end.

Hollie was the last one to finish the first two parts of the triathlon and she just happened to have swimming experience (as a coach, too, no less)...so of COURSE she swam better than the other two.

NemesisClaws
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I thought the donut challenge was a terrible waste of food - last week it was all about being green and saving the planet and this week it's back to same old, same old - how much materials and energy did they waste on this one?

You're so right! That didn't even occur to me at the time because I was just astonished that these folks were willing to rack up huge calorie counts for a measly $5 thousand dollars that will be cut in half by the govt by the time it was all said and done. Totally not worth it...and one does wonder just where all those donuts went...probably into the dumpster, and that just made the show a huge hypocrite.....

NemesisClaws
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I agree there. Or if they didn't combine the times for all three heats (which they SHOULD have), if they would have made the contestants do the three legs back-to-back, instead of pausing between each one, then Kae would have had a time advantage for the last two legs of the race over the other two...it might have evened out at the end.

Hollie was the last one to finish the first two parts of the triathlon and she just happened to have swimming experience (as a coach, too, no less)...so of COURSE she swam better than the other two.

I agree with that as well. I couldn't believe Hollie won it because Kae should've gotten it. I was so sure Kae was gonna be the next to be voted off, and if she hadn't posted those 4 pounds at the weight in, she would've been too. And since Hollie and Julie lost zero weight this week, they'll probably pull off big numbers next week so Kae really needs to win an immunity challenge....

SoulBliss
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I was saying the same thing to my SO about the "triathlon". It seems like Kae should have won.

LondonJulz
11-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree about the triathalon. I don't know if Kae would have won the entire thing because I think that Hollie was done shortly after Kae reached the half-way mark...but Bill would have had a better chance at winning...he wasn't as far behind Hollie in the swimming as Kae was. But, it would have been more fair that way. Some people on other boards were insinuating that maybe the producers were trying to let a certain person win it....who knows?

MadamePJ
11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
the triathalon didn't seem too uniform to me. I have no idea how real ones go anyways ...lol... but seeing that they could hop off the bike to the treadmill right after ... they should have been able to hop right into the pool after the treadmill??? Or they should have handled each "heat" separately. Stand on the treadmill until the other winners joined ... then started ... a little shady .. I just knew Kae had it :(

Azure
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
There's also supposed to be a LIVE weigh-in this week. I don't understand how it can be live. We know that Isabeau's been posting on MySpace (so we know she's home--while she's still on the show), and I know from what Jillian's said on her radio show that TBL 4 has been over for at least a month, and she's started filming TBL 5 already... So what's up with a "Live" weigh-in? Does that mean that they just filmed it and didn't edit the crap out of it for once?

Amberelise
11-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I thought I read earlier in this thread that it was the person that was voted off that is doing the live weigh-in.

Shay
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Amberelise--I think you are right. The person voted off does a live weigh in.

I think in actual triathalons you swim, bike, then run. I didn't like that waiting either. They always have their own set of shady rules.

I think Kae needs to continue being consistent. Staying out of those crazy challenges, working hard, and putting up decent numbers. That's what kept Kelly and Kae in the game in past seasons. She's the smallest one there so that will definately help in terms in of her weight loss percentage. That worked in Adrian's favor last season, she was worse than Amy I think. She was so immature.

xJox
11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I was definately glad to see Amy go home.

teawithsunshine
11-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Hey guys--

I'm new to the show The Biggest Loser... I started watching the show at the beginning of this season, and then around the time Neil tried to "throw the weigh -in" by stupidly drinking 2 gallons of water, I noticed the 3 trainers were no longer present when their group would weigh in. Can anyone explain why the trainers are not there any more but meet up with their teams the following day to ask about their weight loss progress?

Thanks!

teawithsunshine
11-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Ugh, soooo glad Amy the Whiner went home! She looks good though (post-TBL show). Now, I'm waitin' for Neil the Spoiler to get voted off!!

The kodak moment of this week's episode for me was when Bill dropped 100 pounds. That was so nice to see his reaction when he realized he made it to 100 pounds.

I couldn't say the same for Neil when he reached his goal since Neil.... ugh, just wants the money in my humble opinion, no matter who he has to kick off the show here, tsk tsk tsk.

Shay
11-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't know why they stopped doing that. That was new this season anyways. The trainers were never at the weigh ins previous seasons. My preference is for them not to be there. To me it plays into the game aspect too much to have them there.

Hun.e.B
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I actually liked seeing them there. Like shay say it was something new this year. It stopped when they broke the teams down into trios and they havent been back since.

~melissa

sportmom
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I think they quit bringing the trainers in when it stopped being a team event. Even tho they do train with the teams, it would be Kim with one person and then the other 2 with their bigger groups, and then be more obvious if someone lost all their people not to be there any more. Or the trainers probably said, "no way, it's too late at nite, we're not sticking around for that." I get the idea they do not reside on campus, but rather, come in and out for the day. It did seem like we saw alot less of all of them this episode.

I think they either, wanted someone else to win, or were worried that it would be a slam dunk. I too was shocked that they would not let people run until all 6 were there, likewise with swimming. But, it did provide a slight rest break and keep people from getting really sick, I guess.

onthetee
11-15-2007, 11:50 PM
I finally got through the DVR today. I am with everyone on the 'loss' of Amy and that I was shocked that she had done so well.

IMO, in the triathalon, they should have been allowed to move to the next event when they finished the previous one. Even with that advantage, I think that Hollie's gap for the swimming may have given her the victory. Kae only had 26 laps. I think even with her headstart, Hollie would have caught her in the pool.

LondonJulz
11-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Don't forget - Biggest Loser airs at 8PM Eastern / 7PM Central tonight!!! I'm on my way to the store with the Mother - in - law right now.... HOPING :crossed: that I can get back by 7.... or 7:30 at the latest!!!!

Shay
11-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Whatever Jillian and Julie! I think Isabeau made the right decision. I am so rooting for Nicole to go home this week. I don't care about Julie or Hollie either. Bryan, Bill, and Kae are who people are gunning for. We shall see. I won't even mention Neil bc he pulls big numbers each week.

onthetee
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I am a saint. I gave up the frist 30 minutes so that my kids could watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Kae works so hard doesn't she? Do you see her at the last chance workout?

Azure
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I love Kae...I can't help it :) I think she's the hardest worker on campus--she's also going to be the one who (if sent home) WILL be at her goal by the reunion. I'm glad she won the challenge. Isabeau rubs me the wrong way...I don't think anyone has ever really "gunned" for her, like she and Jillian think (the great "conspiracy"). If I were the one gunning, I'd be doing it for Kae or Bill or Bryan--not Isabeau.

I'm really rooting for Kae and Bill. :D

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Damn....Kae is below the yellow line. Well if she is sent home she will be the one doing the live weigh in and we know she will be at goal. I really wish they would send that fake *** Nicole home.

Azure
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Nooo! Kae's SO gone...that's really sad :( I wish Nicole would go, too...but they're going to keep her around because she's weak.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Okay for once I actually agree with Neil. That's what I don't like about this game. Kae should win.

dixied
11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't think Kae deserves to go home, but who is Neil to talk about fair play. Waterloader.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Well I am really thinking there won't be a woman in the top 2 now. After Nicole leaves the remaining ladies won't have any one to save them from going below that yellow line. I think the last 3 will be the 3 men.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Okay Neil is a water loader but besides that week he has lost weight consistently. Those women on the black team and Nicole pull small numbers every single week.

Diva
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I hate Neil, I really really do. If he ends up winning TBL title, I will NOT ever watch this show again.

I like Issabea but she and Nicole don't look to me like they've lost a lot of weight. Especially Nicole.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay that sounded bad but those women should be losing more than that as much as I know they exercise. Whatever Julie...more and more I'm not liking her. Kae is going home. I can't wait to see her at the live weigh in.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:47 PM
I said that too Diva. But I really do not like the black team. I'm a Bob girl through and through like you are and I would love for him to win 2 seasons in a row!

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Okay let me back up and say I don't like Hollie and Julie. I do like Isabeau and Bill is nice. But if it comes down to it I would prefer Neil to win overall. We know Nicole ain't going to do anything for the blue team and with Kae going home he is the only thing I have.

Shay
11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Good for her! Stop dragging it out so we can see the live weigh in! Oh come on!!!!!!! I can't take it! Stop talking! Shut up! Ooh Ooh Bob! Let her get on the freaking scale! Okay why did they let it go back and forth like that? 39%! 137 pounds !

Diva
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I love Bob. He made me cry just now, LOL!

BerkshireGrl
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
HOLY MOLY!

Kae was so tiny! What a huge smile though, like the sun! :sunny:

She looked INCREDIBLE. Major, major kudos to her. If there was a public voter poll at the end of this show of who was the strongest competitor and who had the most spirit, I'd have to say she'd win it. She'd definitely have my vote!

Now with who we have left, I'm pulling for Bill! Go Bill! :D

LondonJulz
11-21-2007, 12:37 AM
I guess I'm an oddball here. I was glad to see Kae get sent home. Yes, she was a machine and she lost a lot of weight...but there was just something about her that annoyed me. I loved seeing EVERYONE get to see their loved ones tonight (I even shed a tear to see Neil so happy). I love everyone who's left on the Black Team. I'm rooting for them all!! I hope it ends up being all Black Team members who are in the final 3. It can be done.... but it would be really hard. I think of all 4 black team members, the one that I dislike most is Hollie - she just always looks.... mad. I know she just lost her mom this year. Glad to see the Black team seems to have a slight advantage now - 4 of them against 3 of the other teammates left. If they can just all stay above that yellow line.

I do love me some Bob though!!!!

SoulBliss
11-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Im watching it right now so I will NOT read the posts until later :lol: but i wanted to say, I LOVE Holly's dress and I WANT it! She is beautiful.

NemesisClaws
11-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I like Issabea but she and Nicole don't look to me like they've lost a lot of weight. Especially Nicole.

You know, I concur...I was really trying to see where they've lost overly much, and even my mother commented that compared to the men, the ladies weren't really that slender (except for Kae). I find it interesting that the men have 100 pounds to 60 pounds loss on average, and the ladies have 30 some odd pounds loss to date. Granted the men were generally bigger and some of that was probably water weight, but still....everyone talks about what a machine Kae is on this show.....that's because the girl buckles down and gets to sweating that weight off......makes me wonder if the other ladies are really putting as much effort into it...

NemesisClaws
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
You know....this show is really making me aggravated with all this talking, and talking, and T A L K I N G.....and you know what? They basically repeat themselves after a while....

I think it's great that everyone got to see their families at the halfway mark, but for me personally, I wouldn't have wanted that....besides the obvious goal of winning this competition, I would have wanted that goal of surprising my family to be at the end....I know some folks are different with needing that motivation, but for me it would be motivating simply knowing that they were waiting to see the new me.....

practiceliving
11-21-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm watching it right now, and I have two thoughts, 10 minutes into the second hour.

1) What the heck is up with the "chewing gum will reduce stress" BS? I know that pigging out or whatever isn't a healthy stress reliever, but honestly?! GUM?! Sheesh.

2) I saw Kae on the cover of Prevention on Thursday, and had a feeling that meant she'd be going home this week. :(

3) Neil is SO annoying. I want him to go home, and he better not be in the final three. Boourns.

4) Ohhhh Bob. Such a hottie. Mmmm.

Hun.e.B
11-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Okay, havent read what everyone has said yet but had to get this out here. Black team and most especially Jillian make me sick. And after I started to really warm up to her too. They get all mad at Neil for making it a competition and doing what he has to do to win. I couldnt agree more with Neil and Bob saying to be the best you have to beat the best. But black team and Jillian being weak and afraid would rather just vote off the strong players when they can. Sad sad sad. How can you call yourself the biggest loser when you arent? I didnt really like Kae so much but she deserves to be there. And she looks AMAZING now!

Stinks because I was really starting to root for Bill and I kinda liked Isabeau too but now I just cant hope for them because of that loser (and not the good kind) kind of attitude.

Whew..okay no more of that. and before anyone gets all mad at me yes I'm aware that others havent played fair either but this was just really wrong because of how it was edited and how they showed the black team.

Still love Bob though, I wonder why we hardly get to see him.

The makeovers were amazing. I was shocked to hear that Neil was only 25....he looks 40ish to me. Shocking! Isabeau is beautiful!

Cant really remember much else because I got so mad at that whole scene with Jillian! Great episode I though, makes me want to go workout!

~melissa

NemesisClaws
11-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Well look at it this way...Jillian is trying to keep her black team there for as long as possible, and she definitely considered Amy as part of the black team. So when Isabella voted off Amy, it created a lack of unity within the team, and made it more vulnerable to be picked off. So I can understand why Jillian wasn't happy. However, I do think she and the black team members carried it a bit too far with their attitudes in booting off Kae....

Hun.e.B
11-21-2007, 01:44 AM
I hate Neil, I really really do. If he ends up winning TBL title, I will NOT ever watch this show again.

I dont hate Neil, I think he made a mistake, I can forgive that, he was making it a competition to just win the money and didnt realize his team and his trainers, and everyone elses mentality. (although black team sure changed their tune when it suited them) . He seems to have really learned his lesson and turned it around. I can still remember Jillian stomping around about it, looking back on it now makes me even more mad at her comments tonight.

And I'd agree with you while Isabeau's face has really thinned out Julie still looks the same to me. Both beautiful girls but just not those shocking results like some of the others like Brian and Bill and Kae, Someone else seemed really small was that Hollie? I cant remember now.

practiceliving
11-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Oh my gosh - how cute was it when Allison choked up while telling Kae she wasn't the biggest loser? Just about made me cry!

Also - Kae is amazing! She looks so great! Hated her makeup during the live weigh-in, but she looks soo happy and fit and inspiring.

Hun.e.B
11-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Cant you just wait till you've got that energy too? Its infectious!

~melissa

iwmonn
11-21-2007, 02:21 AM
That was such an emotional episode. I was soooo blubbering all over from the moment the show started. Even dh was teary as the family members showed up. Kae looks so awesome!!! It is to bad that the strongest players don't get to compete to the end....... but it's the game and everyone goes into it with eyes open, right?

Did anyone catch the commercial for the upcoming season with the doubles teams? (Grrrrrrr i regret not getting my sister and at least applying for that one lol)...... Anyway, it only showed Bob and Jillian. It was brief, and I wasn't wearing my glasses but it got my attention. Anyone else have thoughts?

SoulBliss
11-21-2007, 02:25 AM
You saying that you saw Bob and Jillian gives me hope. I hope that Kim never comes back. I will be happy to see her go if she does.

chellez
11-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Wowwee! I'm glad I didn't watch this episode if its as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

PS: I was busy rocking out playing Rock Band :D

I loved watching Kae lose the weight throughout this season, but now that she's gone I have no one left I'm really interested in except for Bill, and he's really not worth 2 hours of my time. We never see Bob any more because of Jillian and what was Kim drama.

Ever since Allison showed up this show has turned more and more into a soap opera than a show about losing weight.

My best friend tried watching the show this season and had to stop because she said the drama makes it even more depressing for her. (She openly thinks the show is a parade of fat people, only because she is overweight herself.)

So more than likely I'll stop watching for this season. If Neil wins I'll be mad, but I know I'll get suckered into watching Bob next year.

If Bob quits the show... I'm definitely not watching! :devil:

Shay
11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I agree...if there is no Bob I wouldn't watch the show. Kim is so fake. Bryan is alright but I wish he would get voted off so we wouldn't have to see Kim. I tolerate Jillian. I am rooting for Neil by default. I keep going back and forth with Isabeau. I liked that she voted off Amy last week but not that she voted off Kae this week. Those black team women and Nicole need to work harder and not use the politics of the game to keep them in but the fact that they are losing weight keep them in. Like Melissa said they are losers in the wrong way. Keep Kae there to motivate and inspire you as you claimed she did. The women that were there in the end in the past 3 season kicked *** on the scale. Kelly, Susie, and Kai. At this point I am starting to wonder if I will watch next season.

I am a huge American Idol fan and that has become a mess too. America has messed up the past two seasons. Look at Chris Daughtry now. Taylor who? I do LOVE Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. I am debating if I will watch it this season at all or maybe I wait until they at least get to Hollywood week.

Shay
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Okay I went and did some research on TBL Official Website and this is what I found:

Blue Team
Neil--Lost 118 lbs, 28%
Nicole--Lost 61 lbs, 22%
Kae--Lost 69 lbs, 31% (when voted off)

Red Team
Bryan--Lost 76 lbs, 22%

Black Team
Bill--Lost 106 lbs, 32%
Isabeau--Lost 64lbs, 21%
Hollie--Lost 51 lbs, 21%
Julie--Lost 42 lbs, 19%

So Kae was 1% behind Bill. And Isabeau and Nicole were not far behind Kae in terms of pounds lost. I believe Isabeau started at 298 and Nicole at 280 so I think it would be harder to see their weight loss than Kae. All that being said I am still rooting for Neil and maybe Isabeau. Still on the fence about her.

onthetee
11-21-2007, 04:14 PM
IEver since Allison showed up this show has turned more and more into a soap opera than a show about losing weight.

Amen, sistah!

With Kae already being at 137, I am not sure how much more the poor girl can safely lose in the next four weeks. It will totally come down to her and Bill.

Remember two years ago, anyone? After the regular season, they had specials....engaged couples, families, Navy wives vs. Army wives. Has anyone heard if they plan to do that again? That was really cool. I enjoyed that so much more than the standard competition.

Shay
11-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I saw a commercial for them doing a special on couples beginning in the New Year. It only showed Bob and Jillian. Here's hoping Kim won't do it. I think I am repeating what someone actually said in this thread a few days ago.

onthetee
11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I saw a commercial for them doing a special on couples beginning in the New Year. It only showed Bob and Jillian. Here's hoping Kim won't do it. I think I am repeating what someone actually said in this thread a few days ago.

I am such a dork. I read that post, but it stuck in my head as 'new season'.

Shay
11-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Onthetee--You are right it is a new season in January with teams. I was just on the website and it says Season 5 starts in January. I'm so excited!!!!

NemesisClaws
11-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey, did anyone notice on Fox's Reality TV channel this Biggest Loser UK marathon for Thanksgiving Day? (Note...it did not have close captions for the deaf). I totally didn't expect that, and started watching a little bit of it. Honestly, I liked the American version better. It seemed to me that the American version was more of a boot camp, and more driven in their goals to lose weight. The English version was very laid back, and indeed, in one scene, a trainer is having to go back to the house (or castle in this case) to wake up 2 ladies on his team just so they go and work out. Can you imagine Bob or Jillian doing that????

I would have continued to watch more of it, but I really need the close captions here so I flipped the channels to something else. I hope they show the Australian version sometimes....

Hun.e.B
11-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I watched a little bit of it. I thought it was kinda funny how the blue trainer was nice and caring (bobish) not even close to as cute though, and the red team trainer was like Jillian. I didnt really like it either so i didnt stay on it long. At one point one of the contestants lit up a cigarette.

~melissa

NemesisClaws
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh you're kidding! A cigarette???! *shaking head*

I've also been watching some repeats of Celebrity Fit Club on another channel, mostly for the motivation to keep myself going when it's not the Biggest Loser night, and honestly, I'm amazed at some folks....I mean, when you get onto a show and it's gonna feature some personal stats on yourself, I would think that you would get your butt in gear and get moving just so you don't humilate yourself on television with zero weight loss or even weight gained....To be perfectly blunt, I think the majority of the celebrities here are a bit more of a whiner and complainer than us average folks....I sure would like to see them on the Biggest Loser and see how they do it....

Hun.e.B
11-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, I've watched all the seasons of Celebrity fit club and there is always someone on there for no other reason than to create drama. One season this one girl (I wanna say it was Princess Vaughn, sorry I dont know who she is even now) had a gain for the entire show and she ended up winning all the prizes because the rest of her team won. I thought that was just so wrong.

~melissa

Shay
11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Melissa--It was Countess Vaughn. Poor thang! I identified with her a bit in the beginning bc she is 4'11 as I am and I think she only weighed 130 but she looked sooo FAT! I believe they wanted her to lose 20 lbs but each week she came with excuse after excuse and it got on my nerves. It was revealed that she was going through a separation from her husband at that time too. I can't wait for the next Celebrity Fit Club full knowing its more about them advancing their careers and about drama. There's one each season, Lets see--Daniel Baldwin, Willie Aames, Screech (I don't even know his real name), Jeff (from Taxi & Grease), Gary Busey. I think I may be missing a few here and there but there is one every season. Too bad the Snapple lady didn't come back for her third season in a row.

Diva
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
When does this come on and on what channel? I remember seeing like 1 episode by accident one night when I was ch surfing and that Screech dude was acting like an *** so I changed it and forgot all about it.

Shay
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
On Comcast Cable, what I have, it is on VH1. It is currently in reruns on the TV Guide Channel. Matter of fact it is on the TV Guide Channel right now.

Hun.e.B
11-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah during the regular season its VH1, but reruns are airing on TVguide channel for Directv too. I like it because there are the ones there full of drama and then there are some that actually do it and lose the weight, the are very inspiring.

~melissa

sportmom
11-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey, if anyone finds out when Bravo's going to do the current season marathon, please let us know. You used to be able to catch the currently weekly show on bravo during the weekends, but it doesn't seem like they're doing that this season.

NemesisClaws
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
No clue on that sportmom. I usually find out after it's been on for a while myself.

Speaking of which....on Celebrity Fit Club, I just gotta say this....after watching Justin Diamond who played Screech on Saved By the Bell act like the biggest wimp and jerk of all time, I can seriously say I would SO LOVE IT if Jillian was allowed to kick his behind for several months on the ranch...oh geez...now I'm getting some fantasies here....LOL

Anyway, can't wait till tomorrow night when Biggest Loser is back on!

Shay
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Okay I hate to admit it but it really looks like Kim is doing a great job with Bryan.

Diva
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Question:
Does Bob have a Yogo/meditation DVD?

He's always pushing that idea on TBL. I have never beenn one for yoga or meditation and I have never tried either, but I'd be willing with Bob. ;)

LondonJulz
11-27-2007, 09:34 PM
LOL @ B "you could kick a field goal through that thing"....LOLOLOL :lol3:

Shay
11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
All of the stuff with Nicole was so funny. They are always competing and on edge so it was good to see them have a little comic relief. But obviously girl has to work on her common sense. That could have been so much worse than it was.

onthetee
11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Once, again, sacrificing MY TBL for the kids and Charlie-freakin'-Brown.

Shay
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
How many freaking Charlie Brown specials are there??

Shay
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah I think there is a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas one right?

Diva
11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
You're a better Mom than me my friend. There's NO way I'm gonna miss Bob for Charlei brown! LOL!

Who votes for the people's magazine sexiest man alive? Because I'm thinking Bob is WAy sexier than Matt Damon.;)

Shay
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Is it me or are the "mini commercials" worse this week than ever? Okay I will shut up for a bit bc I gotta get on the treadmill to run!!!

Shay
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Again I hate to say it but Kim is doing a great job with Bryan. She is really mixing up his routine. I guess she can step up and do her job when she needs to.

NemesisClaws
11-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Girl, I totally relate with the Charlie Brown stuff, only in my case, every day from 3 to 7:30, I babysit my toddler nephew who demands to watch the movie Cars...over & over & over & over......to say I'm literally sick of a particular movie is putting it mildly...I'm beginning to think I'm even dreaming about it!

As for Biggest Loser, anyone else catch that trivia where they stated that in 2015, over 75% of folks (in America I"m assuming) will be overweight?? That's scary.....

Diva
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
As for Biggest Loser, anyone else catch that trivia where they stated that in 2015, over 75% of folks (in America I"m assuming) will be overweight?? That's scary.....

When I saw that, I thought to myself, if there is going to be so many Fat people in the world, if I become a personal trainer & aerobics instructor, I'll never be out of work, LOL!

NemesisClaws
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
oohhhh good point Diva!!!! :)

onthetee
11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
All of the stuff with Nicole was so funny. They are always competing and on edge so it was good to see them have a little comic relief. But obviously girl has to work on her common sense. That could have been so much worse than it was.

I see the road rash on her chin, and she said something about her teeth. What happened?

onthetee
11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
B is the picture of grace and dignity. What a good man.

I wonder where he would be with a different trainer.

Diva
11-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I see the road rash on her chin, and she said something about her teeth. What happened?

She dove into a sshallow swimming pool and chipped her two front teeth.

NemesisClaws
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
B is the picture of grace and dignity. What a good man.

I wonder where he would be with a different trainer.

You know, I've debated that....I think in B's case, it all came down to his diet more than anything. Would he have done better under Bob or Jillian? I don't honestly know because from what I'm seeing, Kim did everything possible to get the most out of him....

onthetee
11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
When I saw that, I thought to myself, if there is going to be so many Fat people in the world, if I become a personal trainer & aerobics instructor, I'll never be out of work, LOL!

But if people were using trainers, those numbers would not be there for that many overweight people. I suggest cardiology or endocrinology.

onthetee
11-27-2007, 10:43 PM
She dove into a sshallow swimming pool and chipped her two front teeth.

It's wrong of me to laugh at that. And yet....

Shay
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm back...okay I really wish they would send Hollie home because those women on the Black team are getting on my last damn nerves!

onthetee
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Interesting.....

I have never watched this live before. I am fascinated by who sponsors this. George Foreman and Subway--that makes sense. But DQ and Arby's....what is that all about? Are they hoping we will stop watching and just get in our cars and go eat?

Neil just misspelled Hollie's name.

My rabbit is sniffing my screen.

Shay
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
The only woman on that black team that I could tolerate being in the final four would be Isabeau.....I think either Bryan or Hollie would look amazing. If Bryan goes home that is a testament to Bob. Eric stayed in the game and became the Biggest Loser after being the only one left on his team.

Shay
11-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Okay why did they do a live weigh in last week but not this week?

onthetee
11-27-2007, 11:01 PM
OMG. B's numbers are amazing at home. Impressive.

onthetee
11-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Okay why did they do a live weigh in last week but not this week?

Hype.

Diva
11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
But if people were using trainers, those numbers would not be there for that many overweight people. I suggest cardiology or endocrinology.

HA! I am so not smart enough for all that and also I am sooooo not cut out for the medical field, I get WAY too grossed out. LOL!

It's wrong of me to laugh at that. And yet....
Hehe, I lauhged too. How stupid was she? There was clearly a sign that said, "No Diving". Dah...

sportmom
11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I think the commercials are locally produced and airtime bought thru your local affiliates or cable company. I don't get alot of fast food commercials. Mostly cars and news updates. Brian is certainly an upstanding young man - I was very impressed with his character.

I wonder if Kim will get any more airtime or if she's pretty much done now until the live finale.

NemesisClaws
11-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmm..I think Kim is pretty much done for this season...I didn't see her at all for the previews for next week...wonder if she's coming back for next season? I mean, I have seen the upcoming ads for both Bob and Jillian doing couples starting New Years Eve, but didn't see Kim anywhere....

Honestly, I'm a little amazed at Neil here...he constantly goes against the grain, and he has to know the minute he's below the yellow line, his butt is kaput....I think he'll last quite a while in this competition....

The ladies on the black team....particularly that Julie....is kinda on the witchy side if you get my drift....it's interesting how the women get catty real fast and the men don't really do that....

BerkshireGrl
11-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I have never beenn one for yoga or meditation and I have never tried either, but I'd be willing with Bob. ;)

One must suffer in the name of beauty! :devil:

Other thoughts on this episode:

- Nicole could have been dead or paralyzed! I got a bit freaked when they got all ominous with the music and cut to the empty water after she dove in. Argh! A college friend of mine dove into the school pond to cool off during a concert, and hit his head on a rock... and is now a quadriplegic. Horrible. So, chipped teeth? No sweat! Phew!

- I loved Bill's half-exasperated smile when Neil was weighing in with his hand-covered eyes. I'm definitely liking Bill more and more. And the trash-talking Julie while they were competing in hanging onto those poles was pretty funny, I gotta say. ("You can drive that new Honda down to Tamarack now...") Although this sounded like encouragement to me, not trash-talking ;)

- Kim's eyebrows are too perfect. Do they come out of a box and stick on? :) But I have to say too, she really did a thorough job training B, and going over his diet. (Low sodium soy sauce has over 500 mg. of sodium per serving!? WOW.)

- B's a sweetie. And boy, he looks A LOT like his mom. Nice family. Plus he is doing GREAT at home... very impressive.

- Julian is awesome. Both her and Bob seemed very drill sergeant like tonight to me... in a good way ;) I loved Bob's telling Neil "Come here, quickly! Quickly!" and him saying it was "almost annoying" how he couldn't break Neil :lol: Also, Neil is really busting his butt working out. I give credit to him for that, he might be obnoxious, but he's putting in a gigantic effort and it shows.

- Talking about effort, I was really impressed by the contestants running on those treadmills. That was way past a jog, they were booking!

- I like Alison as a host more than ... um... blanking... Caroline? Alison seems to have genuine feelings for the contestants, which I admit I didn't think she would only because she was thin and beautiful :o Totally wrong by me, I admit! Never judge a book by its cover ;)

- Also liked the doctors showing and telling the contestants how much their health had changed in many dramatic ways -- and one of the docs was a former contestant who lost I think 110 pounds! Cool!

Ok, enough for now... time for bed... good night all!

xJox
11-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I can not believe that she dived in the pool like that, and her teeth, omg! bless her heart. It could have been alot worse. It kinda ticked me off that everyone was laughing cause can u imagine how embarrassed deep inside that she really was?

SoulBliss
11-28-2007, 03:09 AM
I hope and PRAY that Kim is gone now.

Shay
11-28-2007, 08:09 AM
We all are doing the same, Soul Bliss.

Diva
11-28-2007, 09:41 AM
- I like Alison as a host more than ... um... blanking... Caroline? Alison seems to have genuine feelings for the contestants, which I admit I didn't think she would only because she was thin and beautiful :o Totally wrong by me, I admit! Never judge a book by its cover ;)

I've watched Allison Sweeny for many many years on Days, and she had a little bit of a weight problem herself so I guess she relates to these peole. She was NEVER obese or much over-weight, but in Hollyweird's standards she was and was talked to about it on more than one occassion from the producer's of Day's of Our Lives. She came on as a teenager and her "babyfat" followed her around for years and she had to go through the struggle of losing it and on camra as well.
I think she is truly inspired and sincere in her appreciation of these people.

Diva
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I can not believe that she dived in the pool like that, and her teeth, omg! bless her heart. It could have been alot worse. It kinda ticked me off that everyone was laughing cause can u imagine how embarrassed deep inside that she really was?
Ha, well be ticked with me because I was laughing at how stupid she was to dive into a shallow pool in the first place. NOT to mention the sign was right there. Dah. I'm glad nothing more than a chipped tooth came from it because at first I was thinking she was going to be really hurt.

Hun.e.B
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh good episode huh!! I hated to see B go, I really wish it had been Hollie or any other of the Black team girls. Most especially Julie, I REALLY dont like her or her looks. She makes me wanna smack her.

I really loved the scenes with the doctor talking about how great they have done.

B looked fantastic, I'm thinking that boy needs some skin reduction surgury.

I actually didnt mind Kim this episode and thought she did a wonderful job with B...marinating your chicken in soy sauce? Uh...hello! LOL!

So good to see so much of Bob too. Rarely even saw Jillian though, not that I'm complaining I still have a bad taste for her from last week.

I really really really hope one of those black team girls goes next week!

chellez
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
:lol: I love coming into work in the morning and getting all the opinions before I get to say my own!

Tuesday is my sexy men night so I got to watch Bob :drool: and sexy Dr. Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck. :drool:

ANYWAY!

Nicole - OMG! It was funny but I didn't laugh out loud like all the contestants did. I think the picture in the bathroom was hilarious and Bob's comment about his relatives in Tennessee. :lol: Didn't know he was from this coast... but who knows. I can't believe the doctor said she's lost the most fat out of everyone. Is it just me or does she look like she hasn't lost that much. I mean when she sits at the elimination table she's still pretty round to me!

Hollie - I've been tired of this whiny girl for a while. The black team really needs to give her the boot so she can go home and workout with her friend. God knows she needs it a lot more than Hollie! PS: Stop being such a bad sport Hollie! Bill has worked his a** off to get where he is and maybe if you'd do the same and stop whining you'd win a challenge too!

Julie - I'm glad it came down to her and Bill. I think they have a little friendly competition going on since they went to singles cause they've been close since the show started. To me, she looks like she's lost more weight than all the other girls (other than Kae of course!) She still has those bubble hip and butt issues though. I'm wondering if she waddles when she walks because of it!

Isabeau - Another whiner I wish they'd vote off. First she's complaining about Bill winning everything then at the elimination she's all "I have to put family first." Make up your mind you two faced woman! :mad: PS: Is it just me or does her neck look more and more weird every week?

Bill - My favorite by far... he works the hardest (besides Neil) and looks like he could win the whole thing far and square. Did you see the clip with him in a beanie (yikes!) Looked like a hairy snowman with a swimming cap on!

Kim & B - I was ready for this duo to be over. Kim looked like she only stepped it up this week and why did it take so long for her to check his diet? Bryan while nice, seemed conniving whenever he was up for elimination. Like talking to people really sways their votes. Please.... it's called alliances, grow a brain and get a clue already. PS: I'm hoping Kim is gone forever!

Bob - MMM MMM MMM! :love: When he was pushing Neil I was thinking he could push me that way! Oh if he was my personal trainer I'd work out for days on end until I collapse and begged for mercy! :lol: I'm glad he's going to do the Couples show.... Means I get to start my New Year off right. :D

sportmom
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Isabeau's neck bothers me too, and yes, it is getting worse by the week. it's like she has a goiter or something.

NotTheCheat
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Diva – I agree - I would LOVE a yoga dvd with Bob but I don’t think he has one yet. We should write in and suggest it! I did see that they had a commercial for two new workout videos coming out in December - one was cardio and the other resistance training.

I thought that comment by - was it Hollie? - that Bill is thin now and shouldn't be there was too funny. Umm . . what is the point of this whole show again? :lol:

I got so teary eyed with a lot of the things B said. He worked so hard and yet something just wasn't clicking with him in the same way as the other guys. I am surprised that Kim didn't know more about what B was eating. You would think they would have really gone over it much earlier.

Cassie501107
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
My brothers are 6 & 9 years old, and they have been watching TBL with me these past few weeks...both of them LOVED Bryan.

They cried their lil' hearts out when he went home last night.:(

But...Bryan is a cutie now! Wow!

Cassie501107
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Oooh, and I'm glad that we won't have to wait long for the new season of The Biggest Loser! I didn't see Kim at all in the previews, so I'm hoping she's outta there.

Shay
11-28-2007, 08:40 PM
NotTheCheat--Thanks for the information about the new workouts. I missed that. I have both BL1 and BL2 workouts. I really like 2 because you can build your own workouts. I will definitely be looking out for them.

Diva
11-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Diva Ė I agree - I would LOVE a yoga dvd with Bob but I donít think he has one yet. We should write in and suggest it! I did see that they had a commercial for two new workout videos coming out in December - one was cardio and the other resistance training.

Thanks!!!:hug:

NemesisClaws
11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Hmm...I must admit, I am surprised myself that Kim didn't go over B's diet a bit more thoroughly...I mean, I kinda get the impression that she was relying a lot on his food journal, and apparently he wasn't putting everything down that he was eating. Plus, you can't blame the guy for thinking that because he was using low sodium soy sauce that he was doing alright.....who knew the darn thing had over 500 grams of salt in it??? Sheesh...

Besides, Kim shouldn't have been that harsh on B anyway....I mean, I know there have been times when I have heard the info more than once, but it still didn't click for me....sometimes you just gotta write it down into your food journal....I always knew that salt retained water but I never really put it together in terms of weight loss whenever I'm cooking something....So give the guy a break...he's only human! :)

xJox
11-29-2007, 01:41 AM
I really liked Isabeau in the beginning but I agree. She is really starting to irritate me now. Oh and I noticed her neck too.

Julie-- I dunno, one day I like her, one day I cant stand her. lol.

Hollie- I dont really like Hollie. She whines too much, but I think she is extremely pretty.

Bill-- man he is getting HOT!

Shay
11-29-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm hoping both of the blue team members make it into the final four. Nicole has got to keep herself above the yellow line so two of black team women can fall below.

dixied
11-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Nicole - She handled herself well with the teeth issue. I'd have freaked out. But I still don't like her because she reminds me of my cousin. Completely unreasonable, and unfortunately true.

Neil - Grr! I can't think of anything I like about Neil. At first he's "playing the game" by waterloading and then a few weeks later he's complaining because other people are playing the game by having voting allegiences and strategizing. Can't have it both ways.

Bill - I love Bill's attitude, I can completely see him as the big brother figure to the black team girls.

Julie - I like Julie. I think it's because I can see so much of myself in her.

Hollie - For someone with a thyroid condition, her weight loss is great. She is very pretty, isn't she.

Isabeau - Her neck bothers me too, but then mine also bothers me. Can't exactly spot reduce your neck. Her comment about him getting lost on the way to skinny people camp was funny. I don't think it was said in a spiteful way, I just think she recognizes that he's accomplished a lot.

Andi18
12-04-2007, 09:09 PM
2 hour episode again!! Woo-Hoo!!

Shay
12-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Okay so I've already decided that once I lose 20lbs I am buying myself a purse. I have not set my next two mini goals yet but I will be getting each of those Biggest Loser DVDs for mini goals 1 and 2. I can't wait.

I love BOB!

Gotta go get on the treadmill.

Andi18
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
WOW! Talk about feeling bad for Nicole seeing that weight...

sportmom
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
OMG, this show was sooo good. I felt like the whole group was a team tonite. But Nicole was the bigger threat. With only having lost 1 lb this week, had they let her stay, she would have definitely pushed 2 of them below the line next week. Julie, not so much. So I would have had to vote her off to just to survive, even being totally color blind. I so get it.

She was SOOOO pretty in the follow-up. My goodness! I so did not see that coming! And all that free smooching she got to do with BoB! MWah!

I will probably ask for the 2 dvd's for my Christmas list too. Can't wait for the finale!!!! Definitely one of the best shows this week,imo.

Hun.e.B
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Ugh..cant believe I've gotta watch Julie another week, I dunno what it is about her but she grates my last nerve. I think its the looks she gets on her face she reminds me of those moms at my dds school who think they are better than everyone else....cant figure out why though.

Hated seeing Nicole go but how incredible was bob! I dunno but I'm thinking that girl was crushing on my boyfriend! Can you imagine him crawling into bed to wake you up? Oye!

I dunno who to hope for, I know who I wanna but those are always the ones that get voted off so I'll hope for Julie! LOL!

I've got both DVDs and never use either of them...shame on me!!!

Hun.e.B
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey...where was Diva tonight? Really odd not seeing her chatting! diva...everything okay?

NemesisClaws
12-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Ok, anyone else notice just how much airtime they were giving Julie tonight? Goodness, it was like no one else had an opinion on this show....

Nicole looks great! :):):):):)

My predictions...Neil makes it to the finals, and one of the girls get booted off...I'm thinking either Isabella or Hollie...

NemesisClaws
12-05-2007, 12:33 AM
By the way, those top 10 transformations were great to see, and I'm not knocking the accomplishments of these folks in any way here. It's just.....we've seen these particular folks a lot.....I kinda want to see the other lesser known contestants and what they look like today. To me, that would've been more interesting and inspiring.....thoughts?

xJox
12-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I agree, Nicole does look GREAT!

LondonJulz
12-05-2007, 01:13 AM
AHHHH!!!! I COMPLETELY forgot that tonight was Tuesday night!! This was the first time I haven't watched TBL!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll wait for the recap on TBL website tomorrow - but it's certainly nothing like watching the actual show!

practiceliving
12-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Y'know, one thing this episode really underscored for me is how incredibly individual weight loss is! What we were shown was Nicole and Neil having the same meals and workouts, and totally different losses. Two bodies just reacting totally differently!

Nicole looks amazing, and I loved seeing all those transformations. The only thing that peeved me about that top 10 is that almost all of them have gained some of that weight back, so I feel like those "so-and-so lost X number of pounds" bits were a liiiiittle inaccurate.

Neil's little rant at the vote also ticked me off. I'm just so sick of him. Loved Isabeau's eye-roll while he was ranting. Heehee.

Shay
12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Yes most of them have gained some weight back but I think we can all agree with the fact that the goal is to be the Biggest Loser. I think many of them lost more than they needed to win. I really thought Eric and Matt look too small at their weigh ins. Also OMFG many of them are still in the category of losing a tremendous amount of wt which I know we can all attest to is not an easy feat. That is an understatement.

Melissa--I have TBL Workouts 1 & 2 and I haven't used them as much as I like either. I do want to get the two new ones bc I'm working on a rotation schedule for all of the equipment, accessories, and dvds I have. I really don't need my membership at Bally's. I have a gym in my apt. I agree I do think Nicole was crushing on Bob. He is such a great trainer. I loved the part when he was talking to Neil and Nicole when they were on the ellipticals during the last chance workout.

Nicole looked fantastic.

I'm hoping the final four will be Neil, Bill, Hollie, and Isabeau. I agree with Melissa. That Julie gets on my nerves. Besides I think the four of them can really get down to their goal wt. I don't know about Julie. You see that athlete coming out in Hollie. She coaches (or coached?) swimming and cheerleading. Neil is going to have to bust *** to beat Bill. I mean how much more does Bill need to lose? I will have to check the website.

Andi18
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
I so want that DVD set coming out Dec. 18th. Going to have to add that to the Christmas wishlist! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_94v.gif

Nicole did look wonderful!! It truly goes to show you that inches lost can mean a world to a person. Did you see how big her original pants looked on her when she tried them on?! Wow!

I too am hoping the final 4 will be Isabeau, Hollie, Bill, and Neil... but I don't think it will be that way. If Julie goes below the line I don't think they see her as the biggest threat. I would like to see Neil fall below the yellow line and hopefully he will this week after posting the big loss. Can't wait for the next two Tuesday nights!!!

Julz - how could you forget it was Tuesday night last night?! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gif

ckatgo
12-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I just wanted to chime in here...

I am sorry to hear that most of the past contestants have gained some of the weight back. The show certainly doesn't lead one to believe that.

Nicole looked fantastic!! I mean wow. Her whole personality had changed as well. She seemed kind of shy and quiet at the first weigh in and now she was out partying!

chellez
12-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Last night was one of those nights where you are glad for the fast forward on the DVR...

Did anyone else find it odd when Bob was like "I pushed Nicole the hardest cause I saw something in that girl." Ummm the only people I ever saw him push super hard were Kae and Neil. Damn editing!

PS: I'm upset that Bob has to possibly take Neil to the finals... but at least he's a strong player and will more than likely make it through next week.

I'm bored with Jillian trying to "take out" the other teams. I know its a game in the end but if you know that someone else is kicking your team's ***.... don't be a sore loser. We can't help it that Hollie ALWAYS has some sort of body issue going on.

I think my hopeful is Bill.... he loses big every week and isn't as cocky as Neil. I find Bill respectable :D

Just my two copper pennies

Diva
12-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I was REALLY hoping Julie would be voted off, she grtaes my last nerve too. What's with the lipstick? She ALWAYS has lipstick on, even when she's working out. I don't know about y'all but I don't wear make up when I workout. For one it'll clog your pores when ya sweat and make your face break out. Something about that girl, I don't like her.

I am softening up on Neil, he's starting to be funny to me.

I LOVED Nicole's alone time with Bob. They made me tear up some, but how sweet was it of him to spend that time with her and remind her of her accomplishments? OMG! I would LOVE if Bob climbed in the bed with me in the moring, but so sorry, we sure wouldn't be leaving it! hehe We'd get our workout right there! :val2:

After last weeks show discussion I was looking for the "thing" on Issabea's (sp) neck and OMG, THAT is ALL I could focus on all night. LOL! What a strange looking neck she has. The black team is on my last nerve though. I do love Bill, and I love Jillian too. I think she rocks! So I guess if I have to choose, I hope Julie isn't one of the final 4. I can't believe there's no one from the red team.

Mel, I didn't discuss here last night because no one else was, lol! Like was working out on her treadmill and I got all jealous because how cool and dedicated is she? I was wishing it was me, then I got down on myself because I wasn't and ate some grasshopper keebler cookies. :( BAD Diva! Besides that I was fine. :) I'm thinking we need a goodies cabinet in the house that can be locked and ONLY M & J can have a key. That way they can have their sweets and it will be totally off limits to me!

Hun.e.B
12-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I really hope that Neil and Bill are in the finals. Those 2 have kicked some serious butt. Neil has lost more than anyone else on the show, he DESERVES to be there. And from the looks of the previews Bill is gonna cross that line next week too. The rest of em...not so much.

Diva I'm glad you were just being quiet and it was nothing more. But girl, you gotta stop being so hard on yourself. We cant compare ourselves to others, its just gonna get us down. You have been doing FANTASTIC lately, be proud of that! No more cookies!!

~melissa

chick_in_the_hat
12-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I was wishing there was more coverage of past season's Losers current pics. Obviously they are going to gain some of it back, even Jillian can't stay at the body fat levels she is at when she's filming. (This according to her book "Making the Cut" as well as her radio show.)
I would totally like to see how well they maintained most of the loss tho. This to me would be a testament that they really learned something and made a permanent lifestyle change.
I'm hoping for an all black team final 4...even if Neil has lost a ton of weight. :s:
I thought the having to go to work and plan your food for the day was FANTASTIC! The 1/2 hour workout with increased intensity was a good learning experience for them as well; but a 2 hour workout afterwards? A bit of overkill. Not something most people are going to do for the rest of their lives. The working out when you don't want to was a good point to make. I just think 2 1/2 hours a day a bit much if that day was supposed to be real life.

chick_in_the_hat
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh - and I know it's mean...but when the blue team was the first to get eliminated from the jumping/boxing challenge...all I could think was "all that yoga..not paying off now".
Funny thing is I'm thinking of adding yoga to my workouts. :p

Diva
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Girl, I know that's right. I don't even work and usually have a lot of time on my hands and I am lucky if I can force myself to do 30 minutes day much less 2 1/2 hours. Maybe one day I'll be that commited but I am lazy for one and two, it's so hard to get motivated right now when it's so cold. I imagine when and if I ever work or go back to school, 30 minutes to an hour will still be the most I will do.

practiceliving
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I would totally like to see how well they maintained most of the loss tho. This to me would be a testament that they really learned something and made a permanent lifestyle change.

See, that's exactly it for me! I am amazed by the huge #s lost on the show, and they all deserve credit for their hardwork... but it doesn't stop when the finale airs, y'know? I want my inspirations to be maintainers, not just the people who know how to work the science the best, if that makes sense. I want to hear more about the people who have truly changed their lives, not just made good TV! ;)

onthetee
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Not something most people are going to do for the rest of their lives. The working out when you don't want to was a good point to make. I just think 2 1/2 hours a day a bit much if that day was supposed to be real life.

Think of the typical working mom's life. 9 hours at the office (with the lunch hour), at least an hour of commuting and getting kids to school and/or day care, making dinner.....a two-hour work out?! When would she be a parent? I guess she could sacrifice sleep or or any community service or any personal down time....that is just crazy to think that someone has that kind of time to dedicate to working out. My DH worked out like that when he was single, but he had no life other than work and martial arts. If I had not come along, he would be a grand master by now, but he would not actually have what I would consider a LIFE.

sportmom
12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Julie doesn't bother me as much as she does some of you, but when she was complainig that she had a child and husband "to take care of", I was like, babe-o, try getting a job and think how hard it would be! You are home at least 6 hrs between the kid going and coming home, you've got it SO much better than some of the other people who have been on the show. She had nothing to complain about, imo.

chick_in_the_hat
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I want my inspirations to be maintainers, not just the people who know how to work the science the best, if that makes sense. I want to hear more about the people who have truly changed their lives, not just made good TV! ;)

That's why I love 3FC!! Lots of maintainers to learn from here! :D

chick_in_the_hat
12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Think of the typical working mom's life. 9 hours at the office (with the lunch hour), at least an hour of commuting and getting kids to school and/or day care, making dinner.....a two-hour work out?! When would she be a parent? I guess she could sacrifice sleep or or any community service or any personal down time....that is just crazy to think that someone has that kind of time to dedicate to working out. My DH worked out like that when he was single, but he had no life other than work and martial arts. If I had not come along, he would be a grand master by now, but he would not actually have what I would consider a LIFE.

Not to sound judgemental - but I hear a lot of people making the excuse that they don't have time to work out for an hour or 2 hours so they just don't start. (Not talking about anyone in particular, onthetee :D)It's showing people sometihng like this that feeds this excuse making. The show might better serve people by making one of the trainers tips be to make time for 2 15 minute sessions a day - start there. The key is START. You can build on it as you go along. I started with walikng a half an hour a day. Then I made it an hour. Now I spend an hour in the gym most days - but I don't have kids. If I had kids...well, let's just say :dunno:

knitsforfive
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Very good point. I think I have used my kids as an excuse for a long time.

Now, despite having small 3 kids (who are not school-aged), I get my hour in no matter what -- whether it be at the gym 3 days a week (where they go to the child center) or at home 3 days a week (after they've gone to bed). It is hard, but all the excuses got me fat in the first place -- so they had to go.

I liked that they made them work so hard to show them how to keep work-outs and healthy eating a priority.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Julie doesn't bother me as much as she does some of you, but when she was complainig that she had a child and husband "to take care of", I was like, babe-o, try getting a job and think how hard it would be! You are home at least 6 hrs between the kid going and coming home, you've got it SO much better than some of the other people who have been on the show. She had nothing to complain about, imo.

OMG, I was thinking the same exact thing! She said that she had to drop her son off at school and pick him up...and I shouted at the TV "So, what are you doing while he's at school!" Yikes, give me a break. If exercising is a priority, you can find some time to put down the laundry and the dust rag, I'm sure.

sportmom
12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
IF she was even doing that, lol! I've found that laundry and working out go hand in hand :) It's called, start a load, do the treadmill, switch the load, do some weight lifting, switch the load, stretch, voila - laundry and workout both done!! That's three loads done.

Now if I was a true genius, I'd open my own chain of laundromats that have workout rooms. Give people something to do besides watch tv and read outdated magazines. :chin:

Diva
12-07-2007, 07:39 PM
IF she was even doing that, lol! I've found that laundry and working out go hand in hand :) It's called, start a load, do the treadmill, switch the load, do some weight lifting, switch the load, stretch, voila - laundry and workout both done!! That's three loads done.

Now if I was a true genius, I'd open my own chain of laundromats that have workout rooms. Give people something to do besides watch tv and read outdated magazines. :chin:

What an excellent idea!

Diva
12-11-2007, 04:13 PM
******Attention Ladies********

TBL comes on tonight @ 9pm (EST).

Thought I'd let ya all know. ;)

dixied
12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
You'd think, given the writer's strike, they'd give us MORE Biggest Loser, not cut it down to an hour. Eveything else on tonight is a repeat. :(

xJox
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Crap. Why is it starting at 9 tonight?? UGH!!!

Shay
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought so. You know the tv guide is not always right so I wanted to check to make sure. Besides this will give me the opportunity to watch "Shrek the Halls". I missed it the last time it aired.

onthetee
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM

We have laundrymat/tanning booths here, I think the exercise thing is a great idea.

I also have said that if they put ellipticals in church, I would be there a lot more often. I make it to the gym every Sunday morning, I could do both if they were combined.

Shay
12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
OMFG!!! The black team has done it. I am so not watching the finale now. I can not stand the "black" b......!

Shay
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I can find out on here who wins. If its a woman that's great but I still wouldn't be happy.

dixied
12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
"Especially Jez's" LOVE THAT!

Shay
12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I've changed the channel. Not interested. Boring. Whatever.

Neil looked fantastic!

LondonJulz
12-11-2007, 11:31 PM
WOOHOOOOOO BLACK TEAM!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Our electricity came on in time for me to watch the last 1/2 hour of the show. How awesome they all look!! I just LOVE it... the people who didn't get picked to be on a team took out both of the other teams! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

happy2bme
12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
For all the kids standing around the playground - knowing the pain of not being wanted on the team BLACK TEAM showed them how it's done !!!! :yay: :yay:

While I do feel badly that Bob is not represented - just have one word for Neil - Karma. ;)

Diva
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought so. You know the tv guide is not always right so I wanted to check to make sure. Besides this will give me the opportunity to watch "Shrek the Halls". I missed it the last time it aired.

LOL! I watched it too! it was funny. :) Then I watched Frosty the snowman. ;)

Diva
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
LondonJulz:
WOOHOOOOOO BLACK TEAM!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Our electricity came on in time for me to watch the last 1/2 hour of the show. How awesome they all look!! I just LOVE it... the people who didn't get picked to be on a team took out both of the other teams!

YUP!

happy2bme:
For all the kids standing around the playground - knowing the pain of not being wanted on the team BLACK TEAM showed them how it's done !!!!

While I do feel badly that Bob is not represented - just have one word for Neil - Karma.

Double YUP!

Although, I could really live without Julie. I cried at the end with the Goodbyes to Jillian. I started off hating her and now I love her! I hate that ALL of Bob's team was gone though...

knitsforfive
12-11-2007, 11:51 PM
You know what kind of rubbed me the wrong way? There was a lot of fanfare about Julie winning the car because they had to cut down to one car for them to stay home -- but then in a later episode, when she got to go home, she said that her family, prior to the show, ate out 5 times a week. Even if they went super cheap, like 15.00 each time, that's still a good 300.00 over the month - plenty for a second car -- and that's assuming they ate on the cheap every night.

That's my Julie gripe.

I'd like a woman to win, but wow does Bill look hot!!!

Diva
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
You know what kind of rubbed me the wrong way? There was a lot of fanfare about Julie winning the car because they had to cut down to one car for them to stay home -- but then in a later episode, when she got to go home, she said that her family, prior to the show, ate out 5 times a week. Even if they went super cheap, like 15.00 each time, that's still a good 300.00 over the month - plenty for a second car -- and that's assuming they ate on the cheap every night.

That's my Julie gripe.

Gurl, I heard that! We are poor and can hardly ever eat out. I mean sometimes KFC is a treat and even there or Micky'D's we spend $20 or more and we are only 3 people. I LOVE when we can actually go to a resturant where we can sit down and actually be waited on. We get to do that maybe 4 or 5 times a yr if we are lucky. I so need a job, lol!

Julie is full of chit.

happy2bme
12-12-2007, 12:07 AM
The sad thing is, with abundant coupons in the newspapers and after 4pm specials at the fast food joints - it probably IS cheaper to eat out in those places than to buy healthy foods and cook fresh meals from scratch. Myself - any savings I would gain from eating at those places continually would be eaten up in bottles of Tums and Rolaids. :lol:

I too would like to see a woman win for a change. Although Kae was not my favorite contestant, no one was more focused and driven than she was. As it goes with these reality shows, in the end it's often not who deserves to be there, but who can work it so that they make it to the final stretch.

I am rooting for Bill. I think he worked super hard and absolutely deserves his place in the finale.

Hun.e.B
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Black team did not show em how its done. Black team arent even the biggest losers. I'm really tempted to not watch the finale because right now it feels completely set up. I hate that. I will root for Bill because he is the ONLY one...well maybe Isabeau..that deserves to be there. And really...can Jillian be all that proud when her team arent the biggest losers they are only there because they had the votes? I got to like her a little more but this is wrong on so many levels, and because of how the show was set up it all seems set up to me now. The "outcasts" are all in the final...yet they werent the biggest losers...okay whatever.

the challenge was so unfair when Neil and Bill had to pull over 120 and 130 lbs and there was julie with her little 50 lbs. Way to go Isabeau!

And a comment on Neil and the so called Karma...Neil has lost more than any other contestant on the ranch. He made a really bad decision, one that other contestants have also made and he learned from it. On that note...I know I've cheated before, I've tried to cheat the scale...we ALL have. To me it was bad judgement, he was playing a game and got nailed for it. Yet the black team played the game the whole way through.

Yes I'm bitter! I'd rather watch the biggest losers in the finale, not the ones who just happened to have the most votes. Its just like Survivor..scripted....blah.

~melissa

NemesisClaws
12-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Hmm...well, it's all in how the game is played. The black team really solidified their team support, much more so than the red and blue team did. In the end, it got them to the finals. I'm not mad about that....it was to be expected really...

what gets me is the challenges....now we've all heard the saying that women are weaker than men physically, unless you happen to be Xena, the warrior woman. :dizzy: Even still, it just seems a bit unfair to haul all of your weight loss when the whole point of this game is to lose weight in the first place....I've yet to see a woman on this show who has weighted as much as the men, like Neil who started out at 400 some pounds, and then haul all of her (huge!) weight loss like these men did and actually win a challenge. So for me, these specific challenges that feature your individual weight loss is a bit unfair.

Was it just me, or was tonight's show a bit boring for you guys as well? I wasn't really amped or inspired tonight from the show....

MadamePJ
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM

That's my Julie gripe.

lol ^^^ I've been saying this from day one (bolded)... he is way hottttttt! They all look great ... I was so very excited to see the misfits.outcasts.leftbehind. Black Team take ALL four spots in the finals ... Going to be a great finale next week ...I can't wait!

Diva
12-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Black team did not show em how its done. Black team arent even the biggest losers. I'm really tempted to not watch the finale because right now it feels completely set up. I hate that. I will root for Bill because he is the ONLY one...well maybe Isabeau..that deserves to be there. And really...can Jillian be all that proud when her team arent the biggest losers they are only there because they had the votes? I got to like her a little more but this is wrong on so many levels, and because of how the show was set up it all seems set up to me now. The "outcasts" are all in the final...yet they werent the biggest losers...okay whatever.

the challenge was so unfair when Neil and Bill had to pull over 120 and 130 lbs and there was julie with her little 50 lbs. Way to go Isabeau!

And a comment on Neil and the so called Karma...Neil has lost more than any other contestant on the ranch. He made a really bad decision, one that other contestants have also made and he learned from it. On that note...I know I've cheated before, I've tried to cheat the scale...we ALL have. To me it was bad judgement, he was playing a game and got nailed for it. Yet the black team played the game the whole way through.

Yes I'm bitter! I'd rather watch the biggest losers in the finale, not the ones who just happened to have the most votes. Its just like Survivor..scripted....blah.

~melissa

Yanno, I kind of felt like it was a set up too. I was pulling for the black team because they were the underdogs, the unchosen ones,, well, except Julie because at the end she was working my last nerve... but I never really cared for any of the other team members excpet B and Jerry from the red team. There was no one on the Blue I cared about except BOB of course and Nicole there towards her end. I feel like the "set up" was to maybe push Kim on out of the way?...I dunno.... I think Bill has a really good heart and has done am awesome job without having to screw other people over and he'd really be my choice for the winner.

What got on my nerves was the focus for the black team seemed to be more about "The game" than it was getting healthy and losing weight. They kept saying it over and over, as did neil from the Blue. Really, Bill is the only one who has huge noticable loss. Sure Iz and Julie have lost, but not as much as Bill. Hollie does look good too. I think her biggest issue was her self confidence and I can totally relate to how she felt and her mental state going into this. I dunno...I know it's a contest, but if I were ever LUCKY enuff to get to go to TBL campus, it would totally be to lose weight and learn from the experience. I'd wanna stay as long as I could to lose as much as I could, and if I happened to win all the better, but money would NOT even be my main focus.

Julie, omg, she kept saying over and over that nobody ever believed in her, blah blah blah...Isn't she married? Is she saying on national TV that he hubby doesn't believe in or support her? All I kept thinking was what's going on in your house lady? If I went on national TV and said that, I KNOW Jess would take TOTAL offense.

HeatherMc
12-12-2007, 09:30 AM

~melissa

OMG I totally agree!! You said it so much better than I could have, but that is the exactly the way I feel. I will only watch the finale to see all the players voted off. I am rooting for Bill though. He has done awesome and deserves his spot in the finals. I feel bad for Bob not having anyone in the finals, he worked so hard to help all those players. My feeling about it is all the players are winners because they have dedicated themselves to changing their lives and to me that is worth more than the money (although money doesn't hurt any and I would shurely take it!;)).

chellez
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Yay... Another morning of comments and chuckles.

Well I have to agree with Melissa, I may not watch the finale. I knew right after they got to the weigh in that Neil was doomed. And I understand that the whole "cheating" thing was wrong, but really, his weight loss is ridiculous, and somewhere in my morals theres a little voice that tells me Neil deserved to be at the finale in the final four.

IF I watch.... it will only be to see how Bill looks at the end.

That's my Julie gripe.

Just a bit of insight that's in a similar situation as Julie... my husband and I make out ok, but when you live a particular type of lifestyle, you find ways to move the money around to eat out. I would say on average, I eat out 2 out of 3 meals a day, only because my husband buys my lunch and I goto school right after work so I grab something on the way. We've tried the packing lunch, but being that I barely get any sleep as it is, its hard for me to get up in the morning and pack.

Julie's situation is a little different cause she's a stay at home mom. I don't see why in the world she couldn't pack lunches and all that a day in advance or cook before her family gets home. But then again we don't know all of the underlying circumstances either.

My point is that its not really difficult to go and eat out 5 + days a week if you really want the food or have no other choice. In the end it just becomes a basic habit like smoking and its really hard to get rid of. :mcd:

Diva
12-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I dunno, like I said for a family of 3, if we eat @ Micky-D's, it's going to be no less than $20 a pop, so we just don't do it often...unless we do the Dollar menu deal, but, my guys always want something that's not on that menu, lol! It is WAY cheaper for us to just buy @ the grocery store and cook at home. We can spend anywhere from $60 to $120 a week on groceries depending on what bill needs to be paid that week. If we ate out like that 4 to 5 nights a week that would be anywhere from $70 to $100 bucks, for only 1 meal that day. That's just crazy. Nope...I'm sticking to my opinion that Julie is full of crap. lol! I mean, I guess they can move monies around and stuff and make sacrafices. I mean, we don't get to go out to movies alot or to nice resturants a lot because we choose to have cable TV and High spped internet. That's really our form of entertainment, and really, I'd rather wait and watch a movie on TV or rent a DVD, and watch in the comfort of my own home, WITH A PAUSE BUTTON I MIGHT ADD (LOL) than pay the prices of a movie theater only to have to deal with rude peeps and the cell phones and other peoples noisy kids

Anyway, I'd rather eat at home, cook it myself that spend that kind of money on fast food with all it's calories and fat.

onthetee
12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I am surprised at the comments that the black team's solidarity is called game playing. Instead, we could think of the positive in that they decided to stand by each other no matter what. They even accepted Amy, whom I would have kicked to the curb. Had they started falling below the yellow line often enough, they would have been gone too, but they managed to keep enough people above the line to vote as a bloc. While this is clearly a game, I prefer to think of their choices as ones of unity and support.

And come on, Nicole or Amy?? I don't care who they up against, I am voting them off.

As for Julie, you would think that I would identify with her the most as a SAHM. I have made sacrifices to be with my kids. We eat out some, but almost never fast food, and never burgers and fries when we do. There are days that I just don't want to fix dinner. Her son is in school; mine are with me all day or being taken to and from classes. I have much less time to plan and cook than she does, but it is an absolute priority in this family that we eat well. Some nights, we all have a can of Amy's Kitchen Soup. Some nights, we have 'breakfast dinner'. But even on those less-than-stellar meals, my kids are eating quality food.

In addition, if my kids were in school everyday, it would be so easy to walk 4 or 5 miles a day, do a work out video or hit the gym (which I understand she may not be able to afford right now). Now that she has the skills, she definitely has the time. I think she is out of excuses.

Chelle--I was right where you are six years ago. We both worked 45-50 hours, we both were going to school, and we ate a lot of fast food. The thought of packing my lunch and dinner?! Not happening. That life and the life I have now are night and day. You are 100% right that it is about habit and not about the time she has available. On Thursday, I make our menu for the next two weeks, including the kids' snacks. On payday Friday, I shop. I almost never go to the grocery unplanned.

I honestly just did not see a lot of growth from Julie. She lost nothing the week she was home. I think she enjoys the comforts of making excuses. Now her excuse can be that the only person who believed in her isn't with her everyday.

Amberelise
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought the same thing when Julie said no one else believed in her. I would guess her husband and kids aren't real thrilled with that comment.

You know what I'm disappointed in? I'm disappointed with the fact that when they did the mini-reunion none of the folks were to as low of a weight as they were for the finale. I think the cause of that is where the game took precedence over the concept. If everyone was working on a healthy lifestyle vs. losing as much weight as humanly possible to win money, we might be seeing them keep it off at this point. Regardless, none of them are as big as they were in the beginning and that's something to applaud.

I guess I'm saying this because Neil still has a lot to lose. I'd love to see him in tip top shape, but I don't think he can get there by the finale. He'd have to be doing something EXTREMELY unhealthy otherwise. He just had too much weight to lose in too short of time. I'd love to see a reunion show a year later and see him at his absolute final weight. But, then I question if he'd ever get there. That's my train of thought, at least.

I do feel bad for Julie in the sense that her weight is in her butt and thighs. That is the absolute hardest place to lose the weight. I think that's why Kae was doing so well, her weight was in her tummy. But, I still liked Kae a whole lot more. :)

sportmom
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I had the sick feeling at the beginning of the show that Julie would be in the final 4, just based on the amount of airtime and "dialogue" time she got last nite - you know when they speak 1 on 1 to the camera? I was like, oh no. She gets more airtime than anyone else it seems - maybe bc she is so expressive in her face, i don't know. She's this season's Suzie, but 180 degrees different!

I get the game, but agree it doesn't seem right that one of the lowest losers got to stay just bc she was part of the block. As they said last nite, to lose 10 lbs in the final weigh-in and still fall below the yellow line is just mind blowing.

The game is this: while they are still teams, they vote off the one who loses the least and doesn't help the team amass the high weight losses and wins. Once it becomes disbanded and it's a solo competition or pairs, it's like vulture season, and the ones so valued during the team competition now become the first voted off. I guess that's the way you have to play it, and ideally, the ONE BIGGEST LOSER who is true is the one who stays up on top - like Bill. The others are basically just people that no one saw as a real threat and so they survived whenever they went head to head in the elimination round. So it's a great loser and 3 duds. Seems the same last season, that other long island guy eric was there, and 2-3 so so players. I think the last good season where all the top dogs made it to the final was season 2 with matt, suzy and eric (?). Since then it's been all wonky.

Catsgetnhealthy
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM

~melissa

To me it speaks at what a good trainer Jillian is. When there were all 3 teams, Black still won the weigh ins. That's how the teams dwindled down to where Black was the majority.

Hun.e.B
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Well here I am bitter betty again to say that to me the only reason Black team took on Amy was because she was another vote....with the exception of Jillian, she really seemed to want to help her...Bob did too for that matter, remember him sitting at the table talking to her? Amy was still on the outside looking in with Black, look how long it took her to get a black shirt, she was typically off by herself in their team meetings. It was Jillian holding her there from what I observed.

I was thinking last night, and this could all be creative editing but Red and Blue teams got shot in the foot right out of the gate, because when black team entered campus red or blue(dont remember which) was already down a member. Then it was the first weigh in for black so of course they threw up bigger numbers, didnt they win that first weigh in too? Again...probably all edited I think the producers wanted viewers to back Black team from day one and all it did for me was leave a bad taste.

~melissa

Hun.e.B
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I totally agree Sportsmom, the biggest threats were on the blue and red team (with the exception of Bill) thats why they all got picked off because red and blue were even going after each other to get rid of threats.

Does anyone have a breakdown of each week, which team won weigh ins and who was voted off? I tried to get it from the site but apparently it would take forever!

~melissa

GirlyGirlSebas
12-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Okay, I have to agree....Bill is an absolute hottie! I am routing for him to win this whole thing.

And, who are y'al kidding?! You're not going to watch the finale? As someone who has been overweight her whole life, you better bet that I'm going to be watching the show. I love seeing the before and after transformations and it doesn't really matter who's it is. Everytime I see someone who has lost a large amount of weight, this is encouragement for me that it can be done! And, remember, this was not just a show about how to lose weight....this was a game. And, I thought the black team played a great game. No, my favorites are not in the finale, but they still did great and I still can't wait to see what they've done since the shows taped.

sportmom
12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Melissa said:
I was thinking last night, and this could all be creative editing but Red and Blue teams got shot in the foot right out of the gate, because when black team entered campus red or blue(dont remember which) was already down a member. Then it was the first weigh in for black so of course they threw up bigger numbers, didnt they win that first weigh in too?

Verrry interesting Moany Melissa (better than bitter betty for you! :)). Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but if it did all go down like you've just laid out, of course there was some advantage. Very interesting.

Look, I will be first in line to agree that Jillian is a great trainer, I'd love to work with her, and she accomplished quite a feat here. But, that's on the surface. Once you get into seeing how the game is played, it really is not about the biggest loser or the one who trained the hardest remaining, any more than it's about the best trainer having their people left at the end. As we've pointed out, the biggest threats and most accomplished were voted off long ago. Kae, Jez and some of the other powerhouses lost out a long time ago bc they were seen as real threats & the posse voted to eliminate them when they had the chance.

Hun.e.B
12-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Very true, I think for my own sanity and those around me with my moaning! LOL! I need to just resolve myself to the fact that this show isnt about being the biggest loser, its like Survivor now and those in the finale arent necessarily going to be the ones who deserve to be there.

So I can draw inspiration from those that are strong and getting it done, and of course the Bob eye candy and his motivation, but beyond that its just drama and entertainment.

Okay so I'll go back to being Merry Melissa now! LOL!

~melissa

Shay
12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
The black team won the weigh ins because of the men. The three women in the final four only put up big numbers the last few episodes. Come on those women are there purely based on circumstance. They had the most number of team members left so they could systematically pick off the other teams.

I can't remember what season it was but the person that eventually became the biggest loser chose to keep the contestant that would push him to excel. That's what is should be about. Challenging yourself. I am so done. I feel the women on the black team represent whiners that profited from the nature of the game.

chick_in_the_hat
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
If Neil had been a black team member I still think he would have been voted off. KARMA.....he does look fabulous now, tho!!

My opinion of the Black team women....while it's true they haven't lost as big as Jim (who I happen to be rooting for as well.) IMHO it's harder to lose when you start smaller. I need to go check out the percentages of weight lost.

I actually liked the symbolism of the challenge....

As for the reunion show a year later....I think I said it before, that's what I would totally like to see as well.

practiceliving
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Good riddance to Neil, honestly. Yes, it's a game, but at the same time... this is for a lifetime, or it should be. His behaviour doesn't have me convinced that he's in it for good. I'm hoping Bill takes it, or Isabeau, personally!

Also - I found confirmation toda (http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_biggest_loser_5/2007_Dec_06_kim_lyons_out)y that Kim is GONE! Yahoooo.

sportmom
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
HOLY CRAP - wowzers - you're kidding me.

Sheesh, now I kinda feel bad. :halfempty: well, sounds like she has a bunch of other stuff going on. Anyone going to buy her book?

NemesisClaws
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Huh...I had wondered about that when I saw the upcoming couples shows scheduled for New Years and only saw Bob and Jillian mentioned as the trainers....in a way, I'm kinda glad she's not gonna be there for season 5 because she really was not a people's person if you know what I mean....I hate to say this, but she honestly was a barbie and it's very hard to relate to that...I mean, yes she bonded with Jez there, but I only saw that bonding when her team winded down to just him....never really saw her get close to anyone else...

I'm very interested in next week's finale show because I'm dying to see how thin everyone is!!!! Especially Julie......it sure will be interesting to see if she loses the weight without a trainer....

zinkemomx2
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I was thinking last night, and this could all be creative editing but Red and Blue teams got shot in the foot right out of the gate, because when black team entered campus red or blue(dont remember which) was already down a member. Then it was the first weigh in for black so of course they threw up bigger numbers, didnt they win that first weigh in too? Again...probably all edited I think the producers wanted viewers to back Black team from day one and all it did for me was leave a bad taste.

~melissa
I thought the black team had a weigh in when they were leaving the desert and that those weights were taken into account when they had their first weigh in on campus.

I really don't like Isabeau at all but she has lost more than any other woman while on campus.

Julie is way to whiny. I am a SAHM and I know that if we lived in closer proximity to any restaurant at all we would probably eat out more. I also think though that she has no reason to complain. Her son is in school so she should have all sorts of time to do something. My three year old twins even let me have time to get on the treadmill occasionally.

I don't really have to much of an opinion about Holly either way.

Neil played the game. He got caught. I don't think he has what it takes to keep the weight off. I am glad he is gone.

I think Bill deserves to win it. He has been plugging along and working hard the whole game.

NemesisClaws
12-12-2007, 07:34 PM
As for Kim's book, I just checked with my local library online, and placed a hold on it when they get it in. Most diet/exercise books tend to be on the redundant style, so I recommend everybody try their library first before buying it...:)

knitsforfive
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
onthetee, my kids are with me all day too (we homeschool) and there are days when I am finally working out at 9:00 p.m. -- so I had very little sympathy for Julie when she complained about having to drop her son off and pick him up. I wonder if they staged that in some way because it seems like such a lame excuse.

Andi18
12-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Wow I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally post! Loved reading all of the comments since the show though!

Neil: I'm glad to see him gone. He knew how to play the game and yes he got caught. He tried acting all holier than though at first playing the game to get Jez or Issabeau kicked off because they were both huge threats, and then later coming back to say that he wanted to keep Kae in the game because she was a threat. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Neil just rubbed me the wrong way.

Bill: Holy cow he looks hot!! He is one of my favs to win! He truly is in this game for the right reason and I think he will be able to keep the weight off.

Isabeau: As for the girls, her and Hollie have been my favs from the beginning. Can totally see Isabaeu's drive to win this and keep the weight off for her singing career. Okay, I just went to NBC's website to see her percentage of weight lost already and they have already changed the contestants to the season 5 contestants WTF is that about?! Season 4 is not even done with!! BTW loved the comment..."I can forgive, but I can not forget, this is for Jez..."

Hollie: As I said above, she has been a favorite, maybe because I can relate to her. Yes she has whined some this game, but she has also been dealing with her ankle injury and the loss of her mother during filming. I think Hollie has the drive to keep the weight off too, it looks like she has gotten a drive to help train her friends while at home while viewing the episode when she got to go home.

Julie: Yeah, not my favorite, never has been. She's quirky, funny, but annoying. I agree with a lot of the comments already posted that she does make lots of excuses. I'm hoping her husband will help keep her confidence up so that she can keep the weight off. Of all the finalists, I think she is least likely to keep the weight off.

Diva
12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
HA! Nope Julie's hubby won't keep her confidence level up. Didn't you hear her state over and over that no one has ever believe in her until Jillian came along? LOL! Sad thing is, it's Jillian's JOB to believe in her. I dunno....if I were her hubby, I'd be pissed that she said that over and over again and I'd hide ALL her precious lipstick! That'll learn her. :D

Hun.e.B
12-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Good point about hollie and something I thought as watching the show. I forgot all the stuff that girl has had to endure over this process, most notably losing her mother.

As for Julie saying that noone believed in her. I can see how she can say that. Because I had a friend who's husband was pretty supportive of her weightloss efforts but would then "sabotage" her by offering her foods that negated her efforts (oh does this sound familiar to anyone else?? I actually know 2 people who deal with this hint hint LOL!) anyway it was very frustrating to her and it made her feel like he didnt want her to lose the weight. So that could be where its coming from. We dont know her dh maybe he did want her to stay fat.

ETA: I still cant stand her just can see how she would feel that way!

~melissa

Diva
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Lol why who on earth could be be talking about? ;) I keep a blog and write down every single time my mind sabatages my efforts so one day I can rub his face in it, lol! I make no bones about it and will def tell him about his skinny self. He is supportive and loving in other areas, but this weightloss thing, he seems to be fighting me every step of the way. Like he wants me like his or something. He has gotten a tad bit better though. So if this is where mrs.Lipstick...oops, I mean Julie is going with that comment, I completely understand...but I still don't like her, hehe. :D
I've read where some women leave their men after a huge weightloss and sometimes I think my man is afraid of that because he has heard all the stories of my past skinny Roni of yrs ago who was wild and had commitment issues. But he has to realize I am older now and all I want is a nice peaceful life and to grow old with him and watch all that red hair turn white like Santa claus. :hohoho:

Hun.e.B
12-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I love Santa!!!

xJox
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Bill-- OMG he looks FANTASTIC!!!!

Julie-- Just dont like her at all.

Isabeau-- I use to really like her, not so much now.

Hollie-- I think she is hot!!!!

I hope Bill wins. He has put forth the most effort IMO.

When is the finale?

zinkemomx2
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
When is the finale?
18th at 9pm. I was really hoping for a 2 hour finale but it is only 1 hour.:(

Catsgetnhealthy
12-13-2007, 03:16 PM
HOLY CRAP - wowzers - you're kidding me.

Sheesh, now I kinda feel bad. :halfempty: well, sounds like she has a bunch of other stuff going on. Anyone going to buy her book?

Probably not. I'll check it out if it comes to my public library though. Bob has a book comiing out in April as well. I saw it while I was thinking of preordering the new BL workout dvds.

Diva
12-13-2007, 03:19 PM
18th at 9pm. I was really hoping for a 2 hour finale but it is only 1 hour.:(

Good news, it will be on for 2 hours! :)
http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode/the-biggest-loser/untitled_49

zinkemomx2
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Diva;1960052]Good news, it will be on for 2 hours! :)

Yea!

sportmom
12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I was worried about one hour, that would be like whiplash watching that.

Is the new Bob book just his, or is it another TBL type book where his face is on the cover? I've often wondered why he didn't write his own book, as we know we would all buy it just to support him!!

sportmom
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Here it is...........looks like it's all him! And my answer to his cover, is YES! ;)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31j%2BnOnmscL._AA115_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Ready-Charge-Forever/dp/0767928679/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197584780&sr=8-1)

Hun.e.B
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Guess what just went on my Christmas list! Has it been released yet? I'll look it up!

~melissa

sportmom
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
April 8, but amazon is taking advance reservations now at a discounted price

onthetee
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
onthetee, my kids are with me all day too (we homeschool) and there are days when I am finally working out at 9:00 p.m. -- so I had very little sympathy for Julie when she complained about having to drop her son off and pick him up. I wonder if they staged that in some way because it seems like such a lame excuse.

We homeschool as well. I am so lucky that my husband handles the evening routine so that I can get to the gym for a quick work out almost every night.

NemesisClaws
12-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Well guys and gals, we shall find out later on tonight if Julie managed to keep herself slender at the finale! :) I personally think Bill got this whole thing in the bag, but then again, those weight percentages will get you every time...

BerkshireGrl
12-18-2007, 07:47 AM
I have my fingers crossed for Bill! :crossed:

Can't wait 'till tonight! :corn:

Andi18
12-18-2007, 08:00 AM
So who's team will Amy be on tonight? Will she be wearing Red or Black?

I can't wait for the finale tonight!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif

onthetee
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
I am just as interested to Jim. I suspect that when Bill went home, they worked really hard together. I can't wait to see them side by side.

And Patti..When they showed her after she had left, I was pleasantly surprised. She did not seem like someone who could keep it up. And Jerry. I hope he is doing well too.

practiceliving
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm so stoked for tonight! My money is on Bill or Isabeau, personally. I'm sooo excited to see how Jim, Phil, and Jerry look. There are a few who I hope haven't gone TOO far, y'know? Like Kae looked amazing at that live weigh-in, and I don't think she really needed to lose more or she'd get TOO thin.

I wonder whatever has gone on with Amber. Is anyone else disappointed that the viewer-nominated player was the first one out, and with such a bad attitude? I hope she has turned things around since then.

chick_in_the_hat
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Good grief...they are going to make me wait until 9 PM? :tantrum:

Shay
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Okay...I decided to let my sour grapes go and watch the finale tonight. I am really interested in seeing Kae, Amy, Neil, Bryan, Phil and Nicole. I hate how they drag it out though. I think Hollie will look fantastic and she did it even dealing with the death of her mom.

Yes, that was extremely disappointing about Amber. What did she think she was getting herself into?

onthetee
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
To be honest, I am just dying to see what the final result is of Isabeau's weird neck thing.

Robin41
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
To be honest, I am just dying to see what the final result is of Isabeau's weird neck thing.

My husband can't keep track of everybody's name so we just refer to Isabeau as "weird neck girl". At least twice an episode he'll just shake his head and mention how unfortunate that neck thing is.

I hope it goes away with the weight. She's a really pretty girl.

Hun.e.B
12-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Shay I wasnt gonna watch either, well I'm really not watching because I have PTO but I will record it and fast forward.

sportmom
12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering if anyone will pass out from dehydration, like previous season's contestants have stated. I doubt this weigh-in is any more real than they are on the show, so they have probably since hydrated, but at least Suzie and a few others have talked about being so lightheaded and weak at the filming of the finale from dehydrating themselves for the final show.

onthetee
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Dearest TBL friends, I come with a request....

The storm this weekend did some damage to my satellite dish. I cannot get a signal. I just got off chat with the dish guy, and he is not optimistic. Reception has been intermittant the last three days. AThere is almost no chance I will get to watch the show. Please update often....