Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 11:47 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #41

Here we Go !!! See you later
Old 01-05-2002, 09:29 AM   #2  

Thanks for the new thread Crystal!

I just went to weigh in. The center was a mess. The manager's face was very swollen from a tooth problem she was having. She said she spent most of the night in the ER. The other lady that was working...her husband called and said he was in a wreck and she needed to pick him up from the hospital. He had to get a few stitches. What a morning they were having! As I was leaving they were both leaving also and one another lady was coming in to run the center by herself today. I hope it doesnt get too busy for her.

I just weighed in, got my bars (I was down to one) and left. I did not want to take any more of there time this morning than necessary. So after all that...I was down 0.4 lbs. Not much, but at least a loss. I was afraid that I would be up, so I was pleasantly suprised.

Marcie-
My two pound challenge starts at 247 lbs. By next Saturday I will try to be at 245.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:14 AM   #3  

I didnt get my numbers for the 2 lb challenge. I will find out what my weight was yesterday, for the beginning weight.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:35 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone:
Good luck with the 2 pound challenge.
I have to honest and say I rarely lost two pounds in a week unless I was doing take-off. Even before my mess up with the holidays my average was only 1.6.
Just working on my holiday weight to get it back off I have four more pounds to go, then I will work towards reaching my goal.
Jibbelle it sounds like you had a hectic weigh in. Hopefully it is all settled my next week.
Have a great weekend !
Diane
4/10/01 201
1/5/02 147.5
goal 135
Old 01-05-2002, 04:19 PM   #5  

Hey ladies!

Well I am starting the challenge at 206..hope to be at 204 by Sat.

Diane!~Its okay if you dont lose the 2 pounds but just try it with us. I think by trying mini goals it helps not to focus on the big goal! If you lose 1.6 that is better then 0 right?? You can do it!!

Crystal~I am with you, I hate veggies. I try to just eat the ones I like which mostly is green beans and that is it. I agree with Jibbelle about the flour.

Happy Sat. guys and don't forget the water! Are you sick of me saying that yet?? Sorry!

Marciew
Old 01-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #6  

Diane-
My average is about 1.6 as well, but I figured it doesnt hurt to aim for two. I would be happy with any loss though!

Marcie-
It is almost 4pm and I just finished my 64 oz of water. I am getting ready to start on another bottle. I think I will make some iced tea to have with dinner though.

I bought some ground sirloin and I am making a cheeseburger for dinner!! A salad to go on the side. I usually do not eat beef, but a burger sounded really good to me today. Of couse I have to make my boyfriend some french fries to go with his burger!
Old 01-05-2002, 04:59 PM   #7  

Hey ladies! Got my water in . Still have another meal to go , so I will get a little extra in today.

Do you all exercise? I was so faithful for about 7 months. I went to New york for a week in October and ever since then I have not been able to get back on track. I need motivation!!

Talk to you all later,
Old 01-05-2002, 05:36 PM   #8  

I am so busy during the week that I never make it to the gym. On Saturdays, Sundays, and any days I have off I do work out. I do a mile on the treadmill (about 20 min) and then I do 40 min on a hills course on the life cycle.

I had a very rare degenerative joint disease and had to have a total hip replacement a couple years ago. It is important for me to do low impact exercise in order to keep the new joint lubricated well. They tell me that will help the new hip last longer. I wish I had time to work out more, but between work and school I am always running in circles.

Classes start again next week...so things are about to get crazy soon!
Old 01-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #9  

Wow! Everyone must be really busy! I have had a great day and am getting ready to hop on the treadmill! I am shooting to work out 5 days a week. Gotta speed up this weight loss process since it will be getting warm again here soon. Gotta get back into a swim suit and summer clothes soon. Cant hide much longer. Anyway I am way way behind on my water today. Only 32 oz. but i will pick it up starting now. Hope you have all had a great day!!

marciew
Old 01-07-2002, 06:07 PM   #10  

Hey ladies!! I weighed in today. Friday I was at 183.5, Today I am at 180.25. I was very happy with that loss. I hope that it continues throughout the week or that I keep it off all week. Before Friday I was down to 181.5 ( I had lost 6 lbs in one week) so I hope that this stays off and more

Anyway, I am behind on my water, but am trying to get it all in. I am going to aerobics at the Y in a couple of minutes.

Keep up the good work, Everyone!!

Talk to you all soon,
Old 01-07-2002, 06:14 PM   #11  

Hey all. I just went to the center. I didnt looks to see how much I weighed, but I will post a new weight on Saturday.

Good job Marcie and Crystal on those work outs!! Wish I had the motivation and time!

I am off to buy books. Class starts tomorrow. I can not believe how fast Christmas break went!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:37 PM   #12  

Hey all. Just got back from aerobics and I feel much better. This past week I have been very irritable, down, etc. i don't know what is causing it. I hope the exercise will get my serotonin up or something. I was beginning to wonder if it was not eating all that junk that I used to eat. Maybe it was masking some of my feelings. I don't know, I hate it when I try to analyze myself, but I'm a therapist, what do you expect.

Keep up the good work all!!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:06 AM   #13  

Hey Ladies,

It sounds like you ladies are a big bunch of loosers!

Congrats on the weight loss!

Man, I didn't realize that I had missed so much... things never seem to slow up... I have been chasing my bottom or bumping into it around each corner... life is way to fast!

I finally made it to the center last Sat... my daughter drove me... I was up 3 1/2 pounds... not surprising... I thought I would have been 30 odd pounds heavier... back where I started..

Seriously, the Christmas holidays... I blew it... now, it's not so easy trying to get back OP...I was to go back to the center tomorrow... but, have to take my other daughter to Mobile to pick up her car that she had to get serviced... have the accountant coming Wed and an audit Thursday... so, I'm shooting for Friday to make it back to the center... it's tough not being local...

I've been hungry... counselor had said they wanted me to do takeoff Tuesday... welll, looks like weekend... steak, here I come...

Hopefully, that will get me straighted back out & I hope that I can avoid any additional detours... I honestly believe that all the stress & fast-pace living makes me fudge... why can't things be simple? although, I don't mean to complain... my ribs are better... not as much discomfort... today, I drove locally for the 1st time... had to make a Wal-Mart run & grocery store... exhausted... unloading the groceries got the best of me... then, I had to cook super... made chili in a hurry... hubby & daughter think they have to eat as soon as they walk in the door... then fed them... i made some soup... had a cup... no, 2 cups... so good... had half a ham sandwich & one lemon bar... not OP... but good! didn't get in my fruits... oh well... will try again tomorrow...

gotta carry the soup to some eldery friends & to my son & his family... i just couldn't resist homemade soup... it was cold again today... i'm ready for our 70's again..

enough bout me... hope that you all keep up the good work, the OP, the water, & the exercise... hope that i find the motivation again...

take care,
nancy
Old 01-08-2002, 01:55 PM   #14  

Hello everyone,
Weighed in today, only down 1/4 lb., but I'm not disheartened. I am still down 6lbs and it will be two weeks in two days. I started the program. I think your body gets somewhat dehydrated after the take-off and it tries to stabilize a few days after.
One thing I was doing was eating two bars a day. The counselor thought this might be too many carbs, so I'm going to one bar and one hot chocolate/frothy for the other LA lite.
I still don't understand some aspects of the plan. It might be my medical knowledge, but why can't turkey breast, low sodium, fresh deli meat be bad? I asked the medical assistant, she said it causes you to retain. I said retain and gain are two different things, if one drinks enough water, it should act as a diuretic. Also , the turkey breast from deli has no worse added ingredients than some of the listings on the bars, etc....I'm not trying to second guess the program, but have yet to understand this aspect. The program is a lot like the old fashioned diabetic diets patients used to go on.
O.K. gals, lets go and get em!!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 05:50 PM   #15  

Lose - I read your other post. I really didn't know if I was going to lose or not. I am glad that I did.
I don't really understand the turkey thing. I eat it. I don't think it is a big deal.

I hope you all are doing good today. I have 48 ounces of water down. Not much more to go today.

talk to you soon,
Closed Thread