Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Fat March

ok it was a stupid show, but still !!!! i bawled when they crossed the finish line LOL 575 miles later, wow!

my knees are killing me from 1 mile, i can't even imagine! but if those regular folks can do it, so can we all

Do people keep track of their miles-walked? I'm gonna start, I'd like to know how far I get in a month
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #2  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Ive never heard of that show. what exactly is it?
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

I saw it too! Are they planning another walk somewhere next? I use the ticker factory to work my walking goals on a different website... trying to get in 300 miles in the next 12 weeks. It's no walk to DC but hey it's a start! Be well & have a great day!
Marylynn
Dulaneycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek6 View Post
Ive never heard of that show. what exactly is it?
It was a show on ABC that had about a dozen people (VERY big people) start in Boston and walk to Washington DC, in 5 different stages ~ at the end of a stage, they would weigh in.

After the 5 weeks some had dropped 85 lbs, and looked incredible!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #5  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I just saw the ending and almost cried when some of those poeple had lost 50 and more lbs. They were so proud of themselves it was awesome. And thier families were really happy too.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Liked the show. Thought it served Anthony right when he got the boot! LOVED the end of the show, at the finish line! Hope they do it next year!!!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I watched these online and saw all but the last, which is not up online. I hope it is soon!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #8  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

There is a thing call miles to Isengard. You keep track of the miles you walk and match them to the miles form one place to another in Lord of The Rings. I am not sure if I can post the link here, but you can google eowyn challange to get ot the official website thingy.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #9  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I can't believe those 2 people walked 30+ miles in one day.

Show was a bit annoying and dangerous but I did watch it all because its still inspirational to see people changing their lives. Can't wait for Biggest Loser to start though!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I just checked and I can see it on television right now!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

The Biggest Loser ROCKS...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #12  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

I have been watching this, and I am waiting for the last episode to appear online as well. I thought the prize money concept was stupid...if someone leaves, you have to deduct $10,000 for the prize. "whatif" everyone quit/got kicked off except for 1, they would only see $10,000 of 1.1 million?

I do admire these people walking all those miles. I am up to 8.5 miles on my Sunday walks, and my feet are killing me. And, I am more conditioned then these people are. Kudos to those that made it to DC.

If they run this series again, I would definitely recommend in investing some money into a nicer scale, and a nicer "scoreboard".

The shows seemed quickly produced. Did they walk 7 days a week?? I know on Mondays my feet are just recovering from my walks, how did these walkers do it?
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:12 AM   #13  
Believe

It doesn't compare to the Biggest Loser, but I did find it very motivational (I really wanted to pop more than a couple of the contestants! ). There were two guys that started out over 400 lbs and I really don't think that I could have done it at my current weight, much less 50+ lbs ago. It wasn't the miles so much (that I think I could have done), but the time they had to do it in that would have killed me! I believe the toughest day was a couple of weeks ago when they had to walk 19 miles in 5 hours....I can't even imagine doing that on a treadmill in an air conditioned gym, much less outdoor in temperatures close to 100 degrees, with all those hills!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

I know the concept of the whole show was teamwork so even though you cant imagine walking 19 miles in 5 hours you have to remember they did it with a buddy and were outside seeing different scenery. I know when Im walking with a friend it takes my mind off how boring it is and how much longer I have to do this.

I have been wondering how they take care of personal issues like TOM for the women (Im sure it happened to at least one of the girls), bathroom stops and showers. The producers made it seem the people walk all day and stay in a campground at night. I dont think I have seen them eating either.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I watched the whole show. I swore after the 2nd or 3rd I would stop because of the drama and also the extreme of it, but I kept on. Asking a 400+ pound man to walk 10+ miles in a day on 2000 calories is ridiculous to me. There is no wonder he couldn't do it. The fact that early on there were people passing out from being dehydrated when they had trainers there who were supposed to be looking after them was ludicrous.

I think the idea of people having to work as a team was a good one, but I also don't think they should have been penalized monetarily if someone had to stop due to real medical concerns - like Shane with the stress fractures in his feet or Matt with his knees. They had no choice but to stop, unlike the two women who quit.

However, all of that said it was pretty incredible that they were able to do what they did. Michael and Jami Lyn walking 33 miles on that marathon day was awe inspiring.

One thing that was cool for me was in the episode that they crossed the border from CT to NY I actually recognized the road they were on and it is the way I drive home every day. Now each time I drive past that spot I think of the show and about walking.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote