Support Groups - Missouri Ladies

View Full Version : Missouri Ladies

sugarcookie53201
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if there any ladies here from MO. I am and I think that it would be fun to get a group together from MO. Just let me know!

Sugar C.

Kati
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I am in Missouri, north of the river and on the KC side!

LondonJulz
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I live in Tulsa now, but my parents still live in Branson (where I'm from) - I go there every month or so....

~~Sunshine~~
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I am in southeast Kansas right on the border!

sugarcookie53201
09-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Kati,

Cool! I live in Joplin. From what the other ladies are saying they arent too much further away. Feel freem to PM me anytime. Maybe we can get a group going. Take Care!

Sugar C.

sugarcookie53201
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Sunshine,

WOW! What a tremendous goal you have accomplished. I too used to wear a 3x and now I am an XL. I still have a ways to go but its a good start. It feels great doesnt it? Feel free to PM me anytime. I live here in Joplin.

Sugar C.

Kati
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I am near Macon, to be more precise, let's get a group going, I need all the help Ic an get with DH shipping out soon for bootcamp!

Karen31
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi There--- I'm not in Missouri but I'm from there! Actually I am from Joplin and my family still lives back there and in Webb City! Right now we have our home for sale in Colorado and as soon as it sells we are moving back there!! I'll have to keep up with everybody to see how to get in this group when I get moved back there.

Kati
09-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Sweet Karen! We moved back from Colorado two years ago. Glad to see ya coming home! :D

Karen31
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Kati, We are anxious to get back there too. We've had several people look at our home but so far nothing definite. If you ever hear of anybody wanting to move to the mountains in Colorado--- PM me and I will send pictures. We can use all the help we can get to get the house sold. Miss my family so much. Take care.

sugarcookie53201
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Ok Ladies,
Its settled then! We will have a MO group! I think that it will be beneficial in so many ways. Maybe we can even schedule a get together. Its going to be great! I am not sure if you ladies want to come with a neat name for our bunch or not but I think that could be fiun. Hopefully our MO. group will grow with time, Let me know what you think and I will talk to you all very soon..got to head to work.

Sugar C.

Kati
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
We are from Missouri, how about the ShowmeSkinnies?:D

FrouFrou
09-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello ladies...

I too am in SE Kansas and lived in Joplin for a few years. I go back once in a while and we are actually heading up to Springfield next weekend for a wedding. Would love to join your little group...I need the movitvation!

SUNSHINE...wow! I am impressed with your befores and afters!

Hello to everyone else! :wave:

sugarcookie53201
09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Kati,

I love that name! I put another annoucement in the introductions forum to try and build the group up:) Take care and talk you soon. Feel free to PM me!

Sugar C.

sugarcookie53201
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Welcome Frou,

So glad to have you join us. We are just getting started with this group. I thought what better way to get motivated than to have a group of local members. It makes it possible to even arrange get togethers with goals and everything and just have fun! Take care and talk with you soon!

Sugar C.

Karen31
09-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Good Morning Ladies! I'm kind of excited this morning--- there is some people from Arizona that have seen our ad on craigslist and they want to come and see the house this weekend! Also I had an email from some people in Sacremento that seem to me interested in it too. I'm hoping that it sells and we can be back in Joplin before Winter! Everybody say a little prayer and keep your :crossed: !! I hope all of you have a good day and I'll check back later...

Kati
09-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Karen...YAY! Got the fingers, toes, and eyes crossed. Hpe no one needs me to do anything. :D

I was thinking, Why don't we start throwing recipes at each other? Since we are all form the area we know what the local fare is, let's see if we can turn some of that good unhealthy food into good god for you food:D What do you say? A Show Me Cookbook:D

sugarcookie53201
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Kati,

That's a good idea. I found one for ricotta raviolli the other night let me see here oh yes! http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat/pasta.htm#Recipe000278. There is the web site for it. I am not much for chillies but the rest of it sounds really nice, and best of its LOW FAT~ Another idea with the recipes, lets makes these and then comment on it and if we like them maybe we can form some sort of cookbook. All recipes can be altered, so feel free to play with it and lemme know what you come up with.

Sugar C.

mom2fivesweeties
09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Ladies!

I live in the St. Louis area. I'd love to be a part of the group too!

Karen, I'd LOVE to move to the mountains anywhere! We went to the Smokies in June and loved it! Colorado is SO beautiful! But.....I can't talk my dh and kids to move!
Lori

Kati
09-13-2007, 11:46 PM
I can't make lasagna. *insert sob here* I end up with soup every time. but, I shall try it again, just to see.

Kati
09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome Lori! The mountains are beautiful, to look at. I was sick the entire time I lived in them. I moved back to Missouri 11 days before my youngest was born (six days before her due date). Well, to be fair to the mountains, I live din Denver and I am allergic to the pollution. So it wasn't exactly the mountains fault. :P

Karen31
09-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Welcome Lori, Good to see you over here. I just got a call from the new Wal-mart in Woodland Park and they want me to start working there tomorrow! They aren't even open yet so it is BRAND NEW!! I'll check back with everybody tomorrow. Have a Great Day!!!

mom2fivesweeties
09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Kati and Karen!
We all have allergies too especially this time of year. My oldest who is now 21 used to go to an allergist for his allergies. The MD said that this area of the country is the worst for our kind of allergies. :shrug: I guess every area has it's own thing. I'd rather have ragweed or whatever than pollution that's for sure!
Well, Missouri has the Ozark mountains and that's a gorgeous area too!

CONGRATS on the job, Karen.

sugarcookie53201
09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Lori-Welcome to whatwe like to call the "Show Me Skinnies". Its a room or forum that I designed with ladies from MO in mind and of course those who are moving back to MO like Karen's situation :). We are all on the same boat and I hope that you enjoy being part of our group. Right now we are working on gathering and sharing low fat recipes.

Karen - Good luck with your new job. i thouhgt u wanted out of there ASAP, as soon as you sell your home there in CO. Let us know how your first day goes.

Kati-This recipe doesnt look too bad as far as difficulty. Try it! I know you can do it. It provides step by step instructions and just tackle it head on. Good Luck and let me know how they turn out. As I said yesterday you can alter these in any way, as long they remain lowfat :)

Take care ladies and I'll talk to you all very soon! Sugar C.- Denise

Skittlez
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I too live in MO. I live in Higbee, a tiny town near Columbia. It's nice to know there's other people out in MO going through what I am :)

FrouFrou
09-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello ladies...

Speaking of allergies, lol. I think I would rather have the pollution than the ragweed, lol! That's my problem right now...darn allergies. I've been fighting with them for over a week now and may go to the doc next week to get something other than claritin. But I would love to live in Colorado, lol. I have relatives there and my mom used to live in Aurora...visited there many times...it is sooo pretty there. Also DH lived there a few years before I met him.

KAREN...good luck with the job! And the house! :crossed:

HI & :welcome: LORI! The Ozarks are BEAUITFUL!

KATI...hey, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! I think anything I make for the first time isn't so great but practice makes perfect, or at least better, lol. You can do it!

HELLO & :welcome: to you too Skittlez!

Didn't get any exercise done yet today. I do plan on doing something just not sure when or what. Feeling blah because of the allergies.

Have a good day ladies!

~~Sunshine~~
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks ladies!! I did not know so many of us was so close together!! I think it would be great to get together some time!

Kati
09-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh yes! Even if I move to Germany (I want to go to Germany for my hsubands duty station *crosses fingers*) I will still be a Missouri lady at heart!

Karen31
09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Hello Ladies!! Just a quick pop in tonight--- I survived my first day at Walmart! The store doesnt opem until Wednesday and I think they have more confidence in me than I do!! I am only scheduled to work two more days and then the store is open!! Sure hope I can get the cash register business done before Wednesday!! I'll try to pop in longer tomorrow. Have a good night and Welcome Skittlez

sugarcookie53201
09-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Wow! The group is growing. I am so proud!

Skittlez> Welcome! As you may have read :Show me Skinnies" are all about the ladies in MO, and surrounding local areas. I think that you will find that everyone here is very supoortive, and as we all know that is key to being successful in anything, but especially when it comes to losing weight. Feel free to share and just enjoy. Good Luck to you!

Karen> Hey I worked for Walmart and the cash register is not any big deal at all. I had it figured out it about two days. Dont sweat it.

Kati> Moving to Germany? Wow. My father was in the Air Force and I have lived all over the world. True to keep your roots by being a MO. lady.

Sunshine> Hey there. I think that you will find our group to be very open and supportivve, and sometimes just down right silly, so feel free to jump right in.

Cristina> I too used to live in CO. I lived in a little town called Fort Morgan. Its out in the plains about an hour and 1/2 from Denver. it was beautiful. I think that my favorite city in CO. though has got to be Loveland. It is the most beautiful place I think that I have been to with the exception of Hawaii of course. Nothing can beat Hawaii. My allergies have been really bad also, I think its the change in weather and then the rainfall. Its not pleasant though.

I went to the store lasnight with hubby and bought a bunch of groceries. Most of it was good for us. Its nice to have someone who supports you. Let me know that you all of this topic. "You dont have to totally give up the things that you love to eat, as long you as you just eat it is smaller amounts and maintain a well balanced diet and exercise". I hate these people that tell you to totally cut out everything that makes life enjoyable...ya know like....CHOCOLATE!!!!! :):):) There are ways to still have your chocolate and eat it too. Take care ladies and talk to you all very soon!

Sugar C. Denise

mom2fivesweeties
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
HEY There Missouri Girls! :wave:

What a gorgeous day! It's only 62 degrees here and our dogwood tree is turning! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!! I LOVE Fall! Do all of you too?

Denise: My dad, who will be 90 in November, and is my HERO, used to tell me ALL the time growing up - Lori, you can eat anything you want in small doses. The key is MODERATION. Well, I've never been moderate in anything in my life! :rofl: My poor dad! He probably wonders where he went wrong!

Anyway, having said all that, this is the FIRST time I've ever tried to lose weight on my own just counting calories. I've done WW a million times, LAWL, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and a ton others, but this time I decided to save $$$ and just count calories! I eat mostly whole foods, whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies, etc. But, recent studies have shown the chocolate IS good for the heart. Not tons of it, my dad would say, but a small/moderate amount. I go to the Whole Foods Market in Brentwood and they have tons of dark chocolate that is a certain percentage of cocoa which is supposed to be better for you - :shrug: Anyway, yes, that what I like about the calorie counting - just figure it in!

Hi Karen: Great that you survived Wal-Mart! My son worked there for a couple of years so it can't be too bad! He is 21 and VERY spoiled, so if he stuck it out it had to be an okay place to work! :lol:

Well, I haven't weighed in awhile and I got on the scale this a.m.! I was down 13 pounds! :dance: I was SO excited! I've put my ticker up finally!

Well ladies, have a GREAT rest of the weekend in this beautiful part of the country!
Lori

sugarcookie53201
09-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey ladies! I ran across the new 3 musketeers bar. Its called 3 Musketeers Mint with dark chocolate. Oh its Yummy! Not that bad for you either. Only 5 grams of fat for the whole bar. It makes for a lovely snack when u need a chocolate fix. I was going to go walking tonight at the mall but I am really wiped out. I think its the weather. Talk to u all later, take care!

Sugar C. > Denise

Kati
09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
My DH leaves the day after tomorrow for bootcamp. I am going to miss him so much! But, heh this is the best time for me to get going on getting healthy. My number 1 enabler is leaving! No one to send to the store at midnight for a pint of ice cream! Plus I can't go myself, I would never ever drag my girls from bed to go to the store for something like ice cream!

On another note, I watched the marathon of Brookehaven today. Brookehaven is the clinic for morbidly obese, the average weight is 500 pounds, I think. Some are as large as 700 or even 900 pounds!

That show put me into a place I needed to be. I am already ready to change my life and get healthy. But that show proved to me that I need to find out why I am eating so much. So, I am going back into therapy. Yes, back into therapy. I used to be in therapy after my son died and I had spent time on Suicide watch. Now, I need to go to find out why I am eating myself to death. I honestly believe that if I don't get this under control I am going to be that fat and I am going to die and not see my girls grow up or be able to grow old with the love of my life.

I am NOT going on a diet, I am CHANGING my life!

sugarcookie53201
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Kati, Hey I know its hard to send your husband off to the service. Just lean on us and you will be fine. That's what we are here for. I went to the mall and walked a mile. I would have walked longer but the mall closes early on Sundays, and I forgot about that. Take care ladies! Kati keep your head held high, and goals insight.

Sugar C. > Denise

Karen31
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Hello everyone,
Lori,:congrat: on 13 pounds gone!!! That is great!:carrot: I decided not to go ahead and work right now. After I went to bed on Friday night I laid awake until 4:00 am and just thought of so many different things and decided that I just didn't want to add any extra stress right now. Still working hard and trying to get the house and the 5th wheel RV sold and talking to family everyday just makes me want to get back there even more. My Dad is 87 and had quadruple by pass a year ago and his memory is starting to fade. Everytime I talk to him he asks where I am and if I have sold anything. Another reason I decided not to work right now is that the store is about 25 miles from home and when the snow starts flying I sure don't want that drive.

Denise, You are right I am defintiely ready to move back there YESTERDAY!!! My sister has not been well and she is the one who was taking care of my Dad. Now she is at Mayo's for the next month which leaves things to my brothers. I did tell them if they needed me to come back now that I would but they are doing OK so far.

Kati, Remember to come here often and we will be there to help in anyway that we can. Keep your chin up and Keep Smiling!!

Sunshine, Skittlez and FrouFrou A great big Hello :wave: to you.

Everybody have a great evening! See you tomorrow!!

sugarcookie53201
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey Ladies,

Havent seen many posts here in a couple of days. I have been very busy working myself. But hey I stepped on the scale this morning and I hate the dial scales but according to that I have lost around 5 pounds. The dial is very hard for me to read. I should have gotten a calculated one. Hey I wonder how accurate those scales are at the mall? :) Gotta head out ladies..Keep posting!

Sugar C. > Denise

Kati
09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey ladies,

My DH left for bootcamp yesterday. Our phone call last night, one of our very few phone calls, was cut short 30 seconds in because my phone went out. It didn't come back until this morning.

If his toe passed (slight infection from ingrown nail) then I won't see the love of my life until February. I am relieved that he is finally getting on with it, but I feel terribly lonely without him.

On the upside, I cleaned both bedrooms, the hall and the bathroom yesterday and I am sure that I kept my heartrate at a high enough level that it could have been considered a cardio work out. Today I am doing the living rom and kitchen.

(I am not mentioning the garage because if I don't then thatmeans it isn't really there.)

Hope you ladies have a fabulous day!

Kati
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
What? Did I kil lthe thread, come on ladies what you up to today?

Karen31
09-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey everybody,
Things have just been busy here. Still trying to get things going on the house. It seems like we have 2 different people interested but so far nothing definite. I'll be so happy when it sells and we can get moved and get back to a normal life again.

Hi Kati, How are you doing? Sure hope things are OK for you. I'm sure you will be able to find things to keep you busy and also be sure to come here and let us know how you are.

Hello to Everyone and I'll try to get back here tomorrow to post personals. Take care..

sugarcookie53201
09-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Good Evening Ladies, Its good to see activity again!

Karen> Dont give up on your house I am sure that it will go your way. We are trying to get a mortgage on our home and having a time with it, so I can relate.

Kati> No you didnt kill the thread! :) I think we have been really busy. I check the thread at least three times a day for new posts. Take care of yourself, and I will talk to you all soon :)

Sugar C.

sugarcookie53201
09-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey All,

Well tomorrow is weigh in day! I know that I have lost weight because I can see it in my face and my pants are really baggy, and I fit into my other jeans the other day. I have not had them on since last Feb. I will have to wait and see. Wish me luck ladies. Let's keep posting. I miss reading the new entries.

Sugar C. > Denise

Karen31
09-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Hello Ladies!! Sure hope everyone is doing fine.

Denise, :goodluck: on your weigh in tomorrow!! It does feel good when clothes start fitting better. I know I went 4 weeks with being at 156 and last week I went to 155. Of course I stayed there this week but it is still coming off.

Hi Kati, How are you doing? Be sure to keep in touch with us and let us know.

We had a lady call this afternoon on the house and she wants to come on Monday afternoon to see it. So keep your :crossed:!! She said her hubby won't be home until Sunday night so that is why they want to be here Monday.

We also showed the 5th wheel to a couple this afternoon but who knows what they are going to do. They took a lot of information down but you can never tell.

Lori, Hello and how are you? I'll bet you are really enjoying your kids! We only had 2 but I have 2 brothers and one sister. But we were all 5 years apart so it was like we really never had anything to share until after we had grown up some.

Hey Sunshine!! How are you? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

Well, girls, guess I'll go for now. Sure hope we can all get together once I get moved back there. I think that would be fun!

Take care!

Kati
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Hiya Showmeskinnies!!!! OKay things went better for me today. I made a pot roast, but used tofu instead of beef. I made it just like I would if I had used beef. The veggies were great but the tofu gagged me. Oh well, I have eaten tofu before and liked it. I wonder if I let this set in the fridge a bit to long and it started going bad, or perhaps since I cooke dit whole it didn't pick up the flavors of the spices and stuff.

I stilk ate more than I should have, but not nearly as much as I did yesterday. Also MY HOUSE IS CLEAN, finally! I need to take garbage out and finish laundry but that is it. No more spending the entire day cleaning. YAY.

I am working solidly on my novel now and that is helping the old moral a bunch. I do need to know if anyone is interested in a child, I have a couple and well... teehee

sugarcookie53201
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Well I have good news..if this scale is acurate and I believe that it is, then I am about 12 pounds lighters YAY!! I am doing it. I am trying to get my daily allowance for calories but I find myself going way under, thing is is that i am ful and dont want to eat anymore at the end of the day. I guess that is a good thing???
I am finding creative ways to still have the foods I like but without all the calories and fat. I was sitting here the other night just looking at some of the things that I have been putting in my mouth and its no wonder that I am the size that I need to be. Still looking for a way to have some chocolate though. I got the Snack Well Cookies even though they are fat free there are 50 calories a cookie and I always want more! What to do to get my Choco fix? Any suggestions ladies I am way open here!
I went to the store and picked up a ten pound bag of potatoes and was totally shocked. Its amazing how much better you feel even with just that gone! Well need to head off and think of something for dinner. Hubby is working late tonight 5-11 and he takes something with him or snacks when he comes home. Take care all!

Sugar C. > Denise

Kati
09-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Goodmorning Ladies!

Yesterday I screwed up at the end, as is normal for me. But I did start my yoga and let me tell ya, it is not for the faint of heart, I was stretched into a knot lol.

Maybe today will be better. *sigh*

Karen31
09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
This is just going to be a quick pop in for me but I wanted to say Hello :wave: and share this recipe that I did get off of the 3FC site somewhere. It is so good and I don't think that I will eat a regular pancake again!

Protein Oatmeal Pancakes

1/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/3 cup egg whites or substitute
1 tsp. Vanilla

Use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Makes 2 pancakes.

WW Points = 2 points

I heated up ½ cup sugar free syrup and 1 cup blueberries to go over the pancakes.

Let me know what all of you think about it.
Have a great day and I'll be back later.

Karen31
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Here is another recipe for Blueberry Pancakes that I just got in an email from Hungry Girl. I haven't tried them but I plan on it!! :)

Blue Ribbon Batter!
It's no secret that HG LOVES breakfast (it IS the most important meal of the day -- that's NOT a rumor). But don't think for one second we're gonna be satisfied with some lame-o boring b-fast. Nuh-uh. We want pancakes. With blueberries! STAT! Check out our simple recipe...

An oat-y take on p-cakes makes 'em hearty, filling, and delicious!

Ingredients:

1/3 cup regular oats (not instant or steel cut)

1/4 cup blueberries

3 tbsp. egg whites

1 tbsp. nonfat milk

1 tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese

1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. flour

1 no-calorie sweetener packet
2 tbsp. water

pinch salt

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except for the blueberries and stir until well mixed. Gently fold in blueberries. In a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, drop batter into pan to form 3 pancakes (or 1 big pancake). Once pancakes begin to look solid (about 3 minutes), gently flip (if possible, re-spritz the pan with nonstick spray as you flip 'em to prevent sticking). Cook for approximately 3 additional minutes, or until both sides are lightly browned and insides are cooked through. Now plate those suckers and enjoy. Serves 1. (Pssst...we like 'em drizzled with sugar-free maple syrup!)

Serving Size: Entire recipe

Calories: 201

Fat: 2g

Sodium: 295mg

Carbs: 32g

Fiber: 4g

Sugars: 6g

Protein: 13g

*3 Points

They sure sound good!

sugarcookie53201
09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
They do sound really good! I will have to try them. I bet they would be good also with a little bit of honey

Sugar C.

Kati
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Eh, I don't care for sweet pancakes. I am a chedderpancake person:D Not good for you but oh so good Heh.

I agian did well yesterday until dinner time. I started eating as I was making dinner and didn't stop until I went to bed. Very irritating. I don't think I am eating enough at lunch and breakfast and by the time I get to supper I am starving and can't stop eating. Gotta get that fixed.

I did my yoga again, but I realized that I need to do it when Sis is taking her nap. It is very hard to do yoga when you have a 2 year old sitting on you. Gnarf!

Have a great day ladies!

Supersub
09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm new to the site and found your Missouri group. I'm looking for some support and I live in KC/MO. Love to chat with you ladies.

I've only been at this for three weeks now so I know it's going to start getting hard pretty soon.

Kati
09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
YAY another Showmeskinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome and tell us all about yourself!

Karen31
09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Welcome :welcome3: Supersub!! Be sure to post and let us know about you. I'm not in MO. just yet but I'm trying!!! ;) Still have another couple that is supposed to come and look at the house this weekend.

Hi Kati, What kind of yoga are you doing? I've never done that but have been thinking about getting the Leslie Sansone "You Can Do Yoga" video. I think I need to add something more.

Hello to everyone else and I'll try to get back here this evening to see how everyone is doing. Have a Happy Saturday!

Supersub
09-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I've been in KC/MO for about the last 15 years. Before that I was a Kansas girl. Moved just over the river.

I'm 41. I've been married to my dear hubby for 20 years now. I've got a 13 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. I was a SAHM for many years. I decided that I needed to get out and make a bit of money. So now this is my 4th year as a substitute teacher. It's nice. I have the same schedule as the kids and I don't have to go to work if I don't want to.

As for my weight. When I got married I was 137 lbs. Hubby was maybe 155 soaking wet after a full meal. (he's maybe 165 now!) I started gaining soon after marriage. I went on Jenny Craig so I could lose 66 lbs and get pregnant. I didn't want to be over 200 lbs even pregnant. Boy was born. Lost a few pounds. Had the girl and tried to work out and lose after her. Joined the Richard Simmons group and lost a bunch. I even went on his Cruise to Lose. I was 172 at that point. I had BIG people looking at me with disgust and asking me why I was there. Gee thanks. I got to meet Richard and he seemed to find the bigger people more important too. I was so dissappointed. Came home from the trip and the weight was out of control after that. I just gave up and let go. I gradually gained for the next 8 years up to over 299.

I didn't know how bad it was until I went out and bought a new scale. The old one didn't go high enough. So when I saw 313.2 I said "that's it!" My one friend joined WW and secretly lost 30lbs. I didn't even notice and I felt bad. I told her that I never really saw her weight so I didn't notice when it left. My other friend is looking into Lap band. They are both shorter than me and weigh around 200 each. When I heard their numbers I about died. I had no idea that I was SSS0000 much bigger than they were. These were the gals that had made me feel comfortable with my size and dress in more stylish clothes. Now here they were trying to change and I felt ugly, gross and left behind.

Now it's my turn. I'm doing my losing on the sly. I've told strangers on boards more than I've told the people around me. I don't want to set up expectations. I don't want people looking over my shoulder. (maybe that's why my friend kept quiet too)

Anyway, here I am and that's why. Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all. I'm ready to go now and really commited to it.

sugarcookie53201
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Supersub, My name is Denise or Sugarcookie as seen here in the forum. I started this group for ladies located in MO and the surrounding areas and it really has grown nicely and I would like to welcome you! I am certain you will find that everyone here is a very unique and wonderful person. Suppport is our middle name :) Trying to lose weight is I think one of the hardest things to do. Being constantly surrounded by temptation. I cant believe that about Richard Simmons! I never really did care much for him. Please dont feel that people are looking over your shoulder and judging you. We dont do that here! We are here to support one another. So feel free to visit, share your stories, challenges, what ever comes to mind. We have been working on sharing recipes lately so if you have some you would like to share (good for you recipes of course) then feel free! Once again WELCOME and I look forward to visiting with you.

Karen > House (get it?) is it going with your house? Hope it pans out for you soon so that you can come back home :) Got my fingers crossed for you!

Lets see ladies... I stepped on the scales yesterday and I have lost about 13 pounds all together now! I am still wanting a new scale. I found this one that monitors and tracks your weight. It is set up for up to 3 people. It remembers you and tracks your weight for you and tells you wether you have lost or gained. Its really neat! I may get it. Still trying to find ways to have some chocolate and eat it too. :) Right now my main treat for myself is simply a vanilla ice cream cone from McDonalds. Its low fat! I dont have much more to share at the moment, so take care all and I will talk to you all soon!

Kati
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Morning ladies! I stepped on the scale today and I lost a pound. I know, not much but it was my first pound!!!! I hav not gone a diet, I am changing my entire life, so it takes time. I still fight with the binges every night and lose, but I am learning to binge healthy and leave a few calories to cover it. I have been going outseide to play with the girls and getting a sweat each day, and I evern took them for about a 1/2 mile walk yesterday.

Karen..I have Yoga for Seniors. It was made back in the 80's, it is VHF. I figured if it was designed for seniors then it shouldn't hurt my messed up joints on the right side. It doesn't either. I haven't gotten all way through it, I just add a minute or two each day so that I don't end up in pain again.

Supesub...That sucks about the Richard Simmons thing. But, he has made his money on the really really fat, not the just unhealthy fat. (I see him on the Brookehaven show occasionally.) This is a great place, and you know I have belonged to another forum for years and I have posted more in a month here then I have in years at the other place!

Anyway ladies, have a great day and I hope to hear from all of you real soon.

sugarcookie53201
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Kati, I dont think that is right that Richard Simmons "profiles". Supersub paid all that money to go on that cruise and she wasn't treated the same as everyone, even though she was there for the same reason. I wouldnt worry about him, he is not the big diet guru that he once was.

I have not been walking for about 3 days and I need to. My back is really hurting for some reason today, but I will try to get out and walk this evening, if its not raining that is. I will talk to you all later. Take Care

Sugar C. Denise

Kati
10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Sugar, you are so right! Richard shouldn't profile, but he does, and Supersub shouldn't feel bad about herself because of it. That was my point.

I lost a pound this week. I have gotten out and played or walked with my girls everyday. I have cut the fat by about 80 percent and the sugar by about 70 percent. I am doing real well!

Supersub
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah the cruise was sort of a downer. Here I was really proud of myself for losing all kinds of weight to get there.(not as much as I need to now though) I get on board and I'm walking around with my friends and here's all these people who are much bigger than me looking down their noses at me and asking me why I'm there. Like... "how does she have the right to be here?" It made me so mad. I felt like I had to wear a shirt with before and after pictures so they's believe that I should be there too. And I guess Richard didn't care either. He'd already gotten my money. Well, he won't be getting any more of it. I'll do this on my own!!

I'm only a month into this new me but I've lost 20 lbs all ready. I'm still working on changes. I really need to get exercise in whether I like it or not. I'm shooting for 20 minutes a day. It's small but do-able. If I can get that in then I can increase it as it goes along. I know that if I jump in and try too much I'll burn out and not do it again. I wish I could have everyone here work out with me. With this many cheerleaders I know I'd do it more often.

Karen31
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Hello Ladies,
Well, after a very disappointing weekend--- the people never showed up at all to see the house, then sent an email and offered about $7,000 less than we paid for it 3 years ago! And they haven't even come to see it-- just saw the pictures in the ad.:mad: So it was very frustrating. But today is a new day and I will put this weekend behind me and move foreward!

Supersub, Remember you aren't doing this alone!! We are all here for you! :carrot: Have you thought about getting the Walk Away The Pounds videos with Leslie Sansone? They are really good and you work out more than just walking. I love them.

Kati, I may try that yoga in the near future. I've kind of been looking at Leslie Sansone's "You Can Do Yoga" but still have to get the money up to buy it first. It seems like there are so many things that are more imporatant right now than buying another video.

Denise, Congrats :congrat: on the 13 pounds lost!!! That is great!! :dance: I'm doing the Happy Dance for you!!!

Well, I need to get going and get a few things done around here and then I want to get in some walking-- either the WATP's or the treadmill. All of you have a good Monday and I'll check back later.

Supersub
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I actually have the Walk Away the Pounds videos 1-3 miles. I bought them thinking I could use them on my treadmill. I hadn't seen enough about them to realize they can only be done on the floor. I haven't done them yet because I liked using my treadmill. I didn't want just another exercise video. I want something that is a workout video to do on the treadmill but haven't found any yet. All I find are videos of scenery you look at while you walk. I need people talking to me and telling me to ramp it up or slow down. Oh well, I'll pop Leslie in one of these days and give her a try.

Karen31
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Supersub, That sounds like a good idea and I did find some videos that did that but for the life of me I can't remember who did it. I remember it was a guy and I think I may have found it in the fitness videos or the exercise sections here on 3FC. I'll try to go back and see if I can find them but if you find them first let me know.

The gramma
10-06-2007, 05:09 AM
I just found this post!
I moved to MO about 2 years ago now. Wow time goes fast! I think it would have been an easier transition had I moved to a larger town. I live in a town of 2000. I don't miss the traffic or pace of the city, but I do miss things like good shopping (love to shop for my grandbaby:bb:) Good restaurants (closest Pho' restaurant is in KC) and a real grocery store (nobody around here seems to know what goat cheese or lemongrass is!) So, I just make a list for whenever I am in KC. Oh well. I do love the scenery, and actually have an itch to have some land. Maybe even get a chicken! :chicken:LOL.

sugarcookie53201
10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey Ladies I am back! Been having some trouble with my password and was not able to even log on. How is everyone? I see that we have a new member!

Hello Gramma,
Welcome to the "Showmeskinnies" Its a wonderful forum as I sure that you will see! Feel free to post amd visit with everyone here. Support is what we are all about. I look forward to visiting with you! Take care!

Sugar C.

Kati
10-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Gramma, welcome to the group and the state! Where abouts to do you live? The closest 'city' for me is KC as well. I am a tiny town girl so I don't go to the city for much of anything.

I grew up on a goat farm and love the reall homemade goat cheese. YUM!

Sugar..missed ya babe!

I am doing well, my husband finally wrote, he is miserable, of course, but he does have his spirit back as he was telling me how stupid everyone was. He also said this is a lesson in humitly. My beloved so needs that!

I went out and mowed the lawn today, after two days off the bandwagon. I don't think I am going to drop my pound for the week, but it is my fault.

Now, I need to go make foods for the kids, later folks.

The gramma
10-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the warm MO welcome!

Sugar, Thanks for the invite. I really need the support as well. My hubby is very supportive, but really don't have any close girls around here.

Katie,
An Army wife eh? I am a veteran navy wife of 25 years. (well 23, hubby got out for a couple) His retirement is what brought us here. He is a MO boy. Both of my boys are in the navy as well. Funny you mentioned goats-I have been teasing my hubby about wanting to raise goats so I can make my own cheese! Wouldn't know where to begin, so far from what I do and know. My husband was a gas turbine mechanic and hovercraft pilot in the navy, he is back in school full time now, majoring in agricultural ed. Maybe by the time he is done I might have a clue.

So nice to meet you both!

Kati
10-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Gramma, let me know, I can teach you everything you need to know about raising the little darlings, and making cheese!

The gramma
10-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I just told my husband what you said. He said maybe he should minor in Ag business. He said he would raise the goats and I could make the cheese!:D

Karen31
10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Hello Ladies,
Just thought that I would pop in quick here this afternoon. We're still waiting on people to come and look at the house AGAIN! I've got some clothes in the dryer that need folded and one in the washer that need to go to the dryer. WAY to windy here to hang them out today!
How is everyone doing? I was so hoping that we would be moved back there before Winter but guess I'll have to resign myself to just whenever now!

Welcome Gramma!:welcome: This is such a great group! I cant wait to get moved back there and try to meet up with everyone.

Kati, Denise, and Supersub! :wave: Hello to all of you. Sure hope everything is going great for all of you.

Take care and I'll try to get back later this today.

The gramma
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi Karen!
Nice to meet you! I will try to catch up later as well. I need to get my exercise over with for the day.So I beter scoot.:scooter:

Katie-Happy Belated! :bday2:

sugarcookie53201
10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Karen > Tell them we all said for them to hurry up and make up their mind on buying your house! :)

Gramma > I think that is so interesting about wanting to raise goats! Have you tried goat cheese?

Kati > Missed all of you. I was having an issue with my password. I was afraid that I wouldnt be able to get back in here and that is NOT an option! I finally bought myself a new scale. No more dial scales for me! They are so hard to read and not to mention inaccurate.

Well I am off to make myself a tuna salad wrap! Take care ladies and I will talk to you all tomorrow. OH not sure if I shared this or not please forgive me if I have I tend to have the occasional brain cloud. But I got into a pair of my old jeans the other day and didnt need to lay down to zip them :)

Until next time! Sugar C.

The gramma
10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
:cheese:Oh yes, I love goat cheese. I make a mean strawberry, walnut and goat ceese salad. I also make a roasted garlic and veggie appetizer with it. It's great on a pressed sandwich too.:hungry: Heck, it would probably taste good on a bumper! (as emeril would say):D

Anybody have any good goat cheese recipes?

Karen31
10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Good Morning Ladies!
Ok I have to confess---- I have never had goat cheese!:cheese: I wouldn't know where to get it out here and sine I've never had it I wouldn't know if what I bought was good or not! Any ideas? :shrug:

Sugar C-- I wish we would have some serious people come and look at the house now--- I'm getting so tired of "Looky-Loos"! But I guess I have to be patient -- maybe one of the looky-loos will be the one who really wants it!

Sure hope everyone has a good Sunday and I'll be back later.

The gramma
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey Karen,
I am not a cheese guru, I know there are lots of different kinds of goat cheese, but the kind I enjoy is chevre. It is white, mildly tart, not quite as creamy as cream cheese, commonly found in a log shape, but other shapes as well. You can get it with herbs in it, which is great if you are doing a savory dish, or just plain if you want to use it for sweet things like a strawberry salad! You can usually find it with the other cheeses, unless you live where I live. Try it! Go online and get a couple simple recipes! Yummmmm

Kati
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Karen are you nea Denver, if so I will tell you where to get goat cheese. I won't go through the motions of trying to find the address though unless I know it is worth it LOL

Gramma home made goat cheese takes chevre and throws it out the window! Teehee

Sugar, no that is not an option is it! We don't wanna go missing our groups creater already:P

Girls, I have no idea how I have managed it, but I have lost another pound. I presume it is with all my activitiy. I have stopped eating high calorie stuff and not doing anything, to eating gobs of low cal stuff and doing alot. Now to start working on the binging problem. I made up my mind today, really I do. I promise. :D I will be at least 1 pound skinnier next week!

The gramma
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
katie-can you get home made by you? !!!!!
I gotta try it! :drool:

The gramma
10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Katie-GREAT JOB! :bravo:
I am with you-at least 1 lb down by next week!:cb:

Karen31
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Kati, No I'm not so close to Denver--- Colorado Springs is closer. It takes a good couple hours to get to Denver.

Kati
10-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Gramma, I can't get the cheese, I make it:D but *sigh* I have no milk right now and I haven't found anyone with it in this area. I will see what I can do to remedy that in the next coupld of weeks.

Karen, *sigh* okies, you can get it at King Supers or major markets like that. But, it is very different then dairy cheese. Don't get it and just use it in a recipe lol. (pluse the homemade stuff is much much better!)

The gramma
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
How are all you gals tody?
I am happy cause it's a day off ! It's a sunny MO mornin and I am going to finish staining my deck. :cool: (something I should have finished last summer-yuk) Then I will get my execise in.

Whats the latest on the house Karen?

Any luck on that milk Katie?

Sugar-how are those jeans feelin?

Have a wonderful day all! :D

:mad:

Kati
10-10-2007, 08:10 PM
gramma, yeah I have the milk, and maybe even some cheese. :carrot:

If I can't get the cheese I can just make it, but I have to talk to my mom. She will help me. Been a looong time!

Kati
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
*sigh* I just spoke to me mutter and she said that she won't help me and that all her cheese making stuff has been lost over the years. *sigh* I am still after the all elusive goat cheese though.

Have no fear, goat girl is here!

The gramma
10-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Katie, please don't go to a lot of trouble. It sounds like a lot of work. Just curious how it's made. Can you give me an idea of the steps involved? :spin:

Well, got a coat of stain down. I need to do one more coat. Maybe over the weekend. I am bushed! :faint:

Have a great evening ladies! :flow2:

tamisuemcp
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
My name is Tammy and I live in Columbia, MO.
Anyone here do the low carb lifestyle?

Kati
10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh dear, you have no idea. I am in hot pursuit of goat cheese for Mr. Goat Girl:D My Soldier will be getting some in his stocking for Christmas.

Without being quoted...
cook milk seperate curd and way, add some stuff here in there, drain press add some more stuff and wait, along time.

Not much to it:D

sugarcookie53201
10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey Ladies,

Big News! I have gone back to school but here is the cool part. I dont have to leave my home. Hey Tami are u wanting to our Missouri group?
I have lost two more pounds. Finally got over that one marker point! Seems like it was gonna take forever. Dont have much more to add. Have a bad headache tonight so I will talk to you later.

Sugar C

Kati
10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Sugar..congrats! I am going to the University of Pheonix. Or I will be when the federal government figures out what they did with the last 1500.00 dollars of my last student loan. *sigh*

Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

The gramma
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
:welcome:Welcome Tammy!
I was in Columbia not too long ago. Lived there back in 1995 0r so. Nice place-getting big!

Congrats on school Sugar! What are you studying? I was in school on and off forever. My husband called me a chronic student-love to learn.

Kati-how is the hubby?? What are you going to study? More history?
My husband loves history. My daughter-in-laws mom is a history teacher-me, can't get into it.

How is everyone doing on weight loss? I will weigh in Tues. Hope to be another lb down.

Karen-Hi!!

:grouphug:

hepmelly
10-14-2007, 12:32 AM
hello everyone!

i'm kind of new here, and i saw this group was for people form missouri. My husband and i moved to saint louis (from dallas) in may. i'd like to join your group, if that's okay.

Kati
10-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Okay, who is Tammy?

Gramma, I am going to study accounting, as that is what my husband will be doing in the Army. We are planning to open our own firm when he gets out. Maybe, of course we might end up opening a lost remote control store. HA!

hepmelly, welcome to Showmeskinnies. We are pretty cool and fun to be around, but you MUST like goat cheese:D Just kidding :P

My soldier is doing well, he is on the hunt for the elusive pay grade. He wants another rank before leaving BCT. I can't wait to get some pics of him!

I am terrified of hitting the scales tomorrow. I have had company' this week, if ya know what I mean, and I bet you I have gained 20 pounds. :P

Have a great weekend ladies!

tamisuemcp
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I am Tammy...lol
Been on this forum for a few weeks but just saw this thread the other day.
I have lived in Columbia for a couple of years, moved here from the Chicago area. Have been doing Atkins for about 6 weeks with pretty good results thus far, so was wondering if anyone else on this thread follows a low-carb plan.

Kati
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome Tammy. I live about 90 miles from Columbia, up 63 and over on 36. This is a great group.

I did very badly this week, but I am going to be content on blaming it on Aunt Flow. Besides, we get paid for the first time by Uncle Same tomorrow and I can go shopping and some seiously yummy and healthy food. Yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Karen31
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello Ladies!! Just a giggle to share with everyone this afternoon!! Have a great day!

One evening a husband, thinking he was being funny, said to his
wife 'Perhaps we should start washing your clothes in Slim Fast. Maybe
it would take a few inches off of your butt!!'

His wife was not amused, and decided that she simply couldn't
let such a comment go unrewarded.

The next morning the husband took a pair of underwear out of his
drawer. 'What the **** is this??' he said to himself as a little
'dust' cloud appeared when he shook them out.

'April,' he hollered into the bathroom, 'Why did you put talcum
powder in my underwear?'

She replied with a snicker...
'It's not talcum powder......
It's 'Miracle Grow'.'

sugarcookie53201
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey Ladies!

COOL WE HAVE TWO NEW MEMBERS! OH GOODIE GOODIE. I am so proud. Our group is really taking off here.

Hepmelly > WELCOME to the "Showmeskinnies" I hope that you find our group inviting, funny and yes at time a little off the wall! :) Our group focuses on support and really what ever else we are all dealing with, so feel free to dive right in and visit with everyone, and I look forward to talking with you.

Gramma > I am studying "Health Information Technology" You might be wondering what that is, well its a fancy way of saying Medical Transcriptionist, Medical Records, Account Payable, Receivable, Insurance really all of those wrapped up into one package. Hope you are doing well!

Kati > What's goin on with ya girl? Need some pep talkin? Kick Miss Aunt Flo in the butt and let's go! We are here for you. You can do this~ goat cheese or no goat cheese :) Just Kidding. Be good and talk to you later!

Tammy > Cant recall if i sent you a welcome note or not but in case I didnt, feel free to kick me in the butt! WELCOME to "showmeskinnies" We are a very upbeat, funny and quirky group but we do have fun. Support you'll see is very big here! So feel free to post and have a good time visiting with the girls.

Ladies, thank you so much for making this group everything that it is. When I created it I knew it would be a great one but it has surpassed my expectations..keep'm comin. The more people we have the more people that are headed to their weight loss goal. I have lost of a total of 21 pounds! Still a ways to go but I am getting there, and so can all of you! Take care!

Sugar C.

The gramma
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
:welcome3: hepmelly! hmmmmmmmm . . . curious handle. Care to share?:)
What is you weight-loss game plan?

tamisue-mcp?? Where abouts chicago? Whats your goal?

Mine handle is obvious:p I am a proud gramma. He was 4 mos. old yesterday! I miss him so very much. He lives far, far away.:kickcan:

Kati-chin up girl! Any good food choice ideas? Any commisary by you? I love shopping for groceries, getting new ideas. I did get my goat cheese fix recently with strawberry, walnut, goat cheese salad-two days in a row! YUMMMMMMM.

Karen-Is it chillin out by you yet?? The leaves are just getting a tinge of yellow here. Last year they barely had a chance to turn. Just froze and fell off. Hope we get some color this year.

Sugar C.-A girl I work with is studying that right now. All online. Sounds tempting. If I wasn't so freakin tired from work, I might consider a career change. I just don't have the mental or physical energy right now. I am on auto-pilot 3 days a week. I work 3/12's which usually ends up being 3/13+. I am a radiographer and work in the lab as well. It seems I use my days off just to recover. It was my choice. I will quit whining. Just thought I would enjoy the days off more. How did I do it when my kids were young??? I worked, went to school and my husband was out to sea half the time. Never underestimate youth!

Well, I am gonna go take a pain reliever and attempt to get some exersize!

hepmelly
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
by handle do you mean the little phrase in Gaelic above my avatar? if so, that is the opening line of "be thou my vision", a very old , very beautiful hymn in it's original language. the exact phrase means "be thou my vision" i wanted to put the whole first line "be thou my vision, oh lord of my heart" which is "Rop tú mo baile,a Choimdiu cride! but it wouldn't fit. It's kind of a mantra for this weight loss journey. thanks for asking!

The gramma
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
That is so beautiful. how about hepmelly? what does that mean?

hepmelly
10-19-2007, 02:00 PM
hep is a term that means "cool" in the culture that is associated with ska music (rooted in regae, accentuating the up-beat in music. It's got brass. The current ska is similar to punk with a brass section, but i like the older stuff. It was more like swing, but a little punky. ) I really associate well with that culture, in fact it's the whole reason my husband and i ever met. anyway, i use hep just because it sounds good.

Kati
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey ladies. I haven't been around much the last few days. Not doing well at all here, just trying to get through each day. I did skim the fat off my ham and beans, and I did walk 1 1/2 miles the other day. I know not much at all, but better than nothing I suppose.

This is so much harder than I thought it would be. *sigh*

sugarcookie53201
10-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Ladies,

Karen> Your home is beautiful. If I wanted to live in CO again and had that much money, I would but it from you. The market is just in bad shape right now. Dont give up someone will bite, and then you'll reel them in

Kati< Chin Up! You are exercising and that is great. For your beans and ham, there is 97% fat free ham steak that you could use, so there would be no need to skim anything. Beans are naturally good for you anyway.

I went to the clinic the other day and they weighed me and I have lost a total of 22 pounds so far. I am still working on it though...I dont have much more to add so I will talk to you all later.

Sugar C.

tamisuemcp
10-20-2007, 07:08 PM
:welcome3: hepmelly! hmmmmmmmm . . . curious handle. Care to share?:)
What is you weight-loss game plan?

tamisue-mcp?? Where abouts chicago? Whats your goal?

Mine handle is obvious:p I am a proud gramma. He was 4 mos. old yesterday! I miss him so very much. He lives far, far away.:kickcan:

Kati-chin up girl! Any good food choice ideas? Any commisary by you? I love shopping for groceries, getting new ideas. I did get my goat cheese fix recently with strawberry, walnut, goat cheese salad-two days in a row! YUMMMMMMM.

Karen-Is it chillin out by you yet?? The leaves are just getting a tinge of yellow here. Last year they barely had a chance to turn. Just froze and fell off. Hope we get some color this year.

Sugar C.-A girl I work with is studying that right now. All online. Sounds tempting. If I wasn't so freakin tired from work, I might consider a career change. I just don't have the mental or physical energy right now. I am on auto-pilot 3 days a week. I work 3/12's which usually ends up being 3/13+. I am a radiographer and work in the lab as well. It seems I use my days off just to recover. It was my choice. I will quit whining. Just thought I would enjoy the days off more. How did I do it when my kids were young??? I worked, went to school and my husband was out to sea half the time. Never underestimate youth!

Well, I am gonna go take a pain reliever and attempt to get some exersize!

I lived in Waukegan, a town about 45 miles north of Chicago.
I quess my goal is to have most of my clothes fit...lol
Dont have a scale cause I either get obsessed with it or too depressed to get on it, I know thats not good but comes from many years of fighting with it. But in the last couple of months have lost 3 inches off my waist and hips and a couple off my bust so this low carb thing is working for me at this point.

Tammy

The gramma
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry-I have been MIA. Went to stay with my husband up in Warrensburg. It was homecoming game. We won by a point! He really is reliving his youth-he, he, he.:D Had a good time though. Went shopping for the grandbaby's christmas. And ate all weekend. Don't know what that was all about. But I need to figure it out soon.:(
I will try to catch up on Weds or Thurs-my next days off.
Hang in there!
~gramma

Kati
10-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Doing great here ladies! Back on the game plan and working at it solidly.

I have been missing Luke and not sleeping enough. Two things that can just kill me.

have a great week!

sugarcookie53201
10-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Hey Ladies What's Up?

Lets see here, been a a little while since I have posted. I have been up to my ears in school work and my regular job. But still working hard on my diet! I have gotten to where I dont write down every single thing I eat anymore. It got to be so silly. I am able now though to figure out in my head what the cals are for the day and how I am doing on fat grams. My hubby has noticed a real difference. He calls me the incredibly shrinking woman! :) Have some of our members just dropped off? Have not heard or seen much of them as of late. I read the posts daily.

Kait> Congrats on getting on with your progress! You go girl! So sorry that you are missing your hubby! I wouldnt know what to do with myself. Takes a strong woman to do that..KUDOS to you!!!! I couldnt be alone for any period of time without going nuts. If I was forced to....maybe but I would have to get pet or something to keep me company!

Karen> Where are ya girl? Havent seen much from you. Keep talking with us!

I dont have a lot more to add so I will talk to you all later! Be good Ya'll!

Sugar C.

The gramma
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Get Out!:fr:

Tami-I grew up in Waukegan-crazy!! What year did you graduate? What brought you to MO? Do you ever go home?

Kati-I am sorry you are missing your man. I know the feeling too well. Do you have plans to get you through the holidays? Friends? Family? Goats? ;) When does he get back again? It will be easier when you are in a military community with people around you going through the same thing. I miss that part of navy life. Hang in there.

Sugar! What a wonderful feeling when someone (especially someone we care about) notices. You must feel like a million bucks! Keep up the great work!

Karen-you good girl?:listen:

Ok hep. What about the "Melly" part??

tamisuemcp
10-27-2007, 12:39 PM
I came to MO because of my fiancee, went to Waukegan West High School in the early 70`s. Eventually went on to CLC in Grayslake and graduated from their nursing school and am still working as an R.N. here.
It is a small world...lol

Karen31
10-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Hello Ladies! Sorry I haven't been around too much. I have been reading but just haven't taken the time to post! BAD!!

Denise, Thank you for the comlpiment on our house. We finally listed it with a realtor instead of trying to sell it on our own. I'm hoping that will at least help it move a little quicker. But so far it hasn't. Sometimes I feel like the Unsinkable Molly Brown! I AIN'T DOWN YET!!

My eating and exercising has been pretty much off but I'm really going to try to get back on track. It looks like everyone has been doing pretty good here.

Kati, I hope you can stay busy and work on you and before you know it the time will be done and your hubby will be home to a new and improved you! Just keep your chin up and Keep Smiling! :D

gramma, A couple days last week we woke up and our temperature was 10 and one morning it was 2!! So Winter time is coming. We did get some snow last week but it was all gone the next day Except for what is on Pikes Peak! I took a picture and will add that to this post. I imagine it will have snow on it from now on until next Spring.

Tammi and hepmelly--- A Big Hello to you too.

Guess I'd better get busy and get some stuff done here and I'm determined to put in some time on the treadmill today!!
Have a good one!

Jane
10-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Just a quick pop-in to say there is a reserved area for your group in the Bios sticky at the top of the page. Also, we now have a birthday thread, so be sure and list yours. if you want. :)

The gramma
10-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey Tammi-I graduated from West in "81"
Things sure have changed there!

Karen-Wow, what a view! Why do you want to leave???

I am stagnant on my weight loss right now. I just don't know what is going on in my head. I really want to get a grip on it before the holidays are upon us.

I have 3 weeks till my son gets here for a visit! He hit american soil today. Just feels good knowing he's in the states.

I could do some damage in 3 weeks-if I just get my head in the game.

Karen31
10-28-2007, 12:32 AM
gramma, I know the view is really great but it just doesn't make up for having all my family back in MO.!! I am the only one left out here. We all grew up here in Colorado but after my Dad retired they moved back to MO. my older brother and myself were born in Joplin. My younger brother and and my sister were born out here. So one by one they all moved back there all except for me...... and I'm trying !!! I have family in Joplin, Webb City and Carterville so I am really looking forward to moving back there. I've been on the real estate sites and have found so many homes back there that I would like to look at but have to be patient and wait until this one sells..

So Glad that your son is back in the US now! I know you are looking forward to seeing him. I know what you mean about "trying to get your head in the game" I still have a hard time getting back on track. I just need to make myself do it!

Have a good night!

hepmelly
10-28-2007, 01:53 AM
melly, oh thats short for melissa-- i dont like "mel" becaue that sounds like a guy's name....one of my friends suggested that i use "melly" instead...it works, i guess..

how many grandkids do you have?

Karen31
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Hello Everyone! I thought that I would pop in for a few minutes here. I just took this picture about 20 minutes ago and can you believe that is “smoke” from the California fires!! We usually have such a good clear view of Pikes Peak but not today!

I’m still getting laundry done and hoping that things move on the house but still waiting and TRYING to be patient!

Just wanted to say Hello and I'll try to get back here later. Have a good day everyone!

sugarcookie53201
10-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey Ladies,

What's going on?

Karen> So glad to see you back. Beautiful pics. I dont miss Colorado at all! I wont ever return there I dont...think. Hubby and I have been talking about going to Canada and seeing what that's all about. Ya know they have free emergency health care? Good luck with selling your home still. I think that with using realtors, you will have much better luck.

I have been still working on my eating. Doing pretty good. I fixed a big pot of ham and beans and they were soooo yummy. There isnt that much fat in beans and I used the low fat % ham. Didnt make the corn bread. I was proud of myself. Gettiing kind of burnt out with my job. Tired of doing the exact same thing day in and day out. That is one of the reasons that I am going back to school. This new career will give me variety out the wazooo, not to mention a lot more money and benefits!

What is that deal with a reserved page for our group? Anyone know? If so please fill me in. I dont have time to check on it just yet. Been busy busy busy.

To all the ladies...take care and holler at you soon! Anyone feel free to PM me!

Later! Sugar C.

Kati
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey ladies! I haven't posted in a week, so I figured I had better let ya'll know I a still alive. I am doing my damndest with the diet and still hav enot lost another pound. I am down to 1200 calories and even exercising, and nuthin. Grrrrrr I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have been eating ham and beans out the wazoo the last few days. They are the only thing that fills me up and I de-fat the soup each day. YUMMY

Luke is doing well in BCT, and we will see each other in less the an two months.

Later ladies!

The gramma
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey Katie-

I am sorry you are having a rough time. My guess is it's the carbs in the beans. Tons in those little guys.

I am doing awful-I am going in the wrong direction at a pretty fast pace. I have to get a good mindset-anyone have an extra they can loan me?? he-he.

I will just keep trying. Thats all I can do.

Sorry I'm not so very perky.

I do hope you are all ok.

sugarcookie53201
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Wow, what's goin on? Everyone's having a hard time today.

Kati> What's up ladybug? I am so glad that you will be seeing your hubby soon! That is so special. Dont give up on the eating thing. Gramma is right about the carbs in beans. I think though that the Great Northern beans arent as high in carbs as regular beans. Try and see what you see what you think.

Gramma, Come back this direction and we can help you. I myself have not been walking like I was was and I too need to get back on that band wagon, other than that everything is still going well. I like to snack just like Kati does and I found these brownie cookie thngs that are only 100 cals. and they are so yummy! I can have chocolate and still stay within my limits.

I have been pretty stressed lately, we finally got news yesterday that we close on our house we built next week. Now we can start really enjoying it :) Things just have not gone our way for so long we are ready for a break. God says that he never gives you more than you can handle and I am starting to wonder. I need to head off to work now, I will talk to you all later. Be good!

Sugar C.

The gramma
10-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Sugar-Thanks for the kind words. I just need to commit to something. I know a well-balanced eating plan "for life" is the best answer. I don't think that will fill my need for faster results. I tend to keep jumping around the "plans" to suit my cravings. I do low fat if I feel like salad and vegies, low carb if I feel like cheese and meat. Problem is, you cant do both. I know what to do-just need to do it.

what are the chocolate-brownie things??

Kati
10-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I power walked today, I have done two sets of strength this week and I made a great menu for the next week !!!!

Kati
11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I LOST 7 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: WooT Go Me!!!!

Karen31
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
WOW!! Kati--- That is great!! I need to get more motivated and forget about just waiting for someone to come and buy the house.. Of course, when I get all sweaty and have let housework go that is when someone will want to come and look!! You are doing great!

sugarcookie53201
11-06-2007, 02:47 AM
GO KATI!!!!!!!!!!!!! You GO GIRL!!! Dont let anything get in your way!

To all the ladies, just poppin in to say hello! Cant stay long, have a lot of work to do. Be good all!

Sugar C.

The gramma
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey ladies!
Crazy week here.
I am watching the leaves fall. Pretty, but oh the raking I have ahead of me.
Katie! You are awesome!!!! If I only had your strength. Mine is just not there lately. It wil return one day though.
Day off today, so am getting chores done and trying to get the place ready for the holiday company. I need to stop and go exercise!
I hope you are all wonderful.
:D

tamisuemcp
11-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Hope everyone is ok....I got off track for a few days with my struggle and trying to get back with the plan now...lol (a little laugh ,that is)

It never ceases to amaze me just how much emotions and things that upset me really does play so much havoc with trying to eat the right way,and when I eat what I know I shouldnt I just feel lousy. And the sad thing is I know better.

Oh well....life goes on...

Tammy

Kati
11-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Heya ladies. The diet is going great, the exercise is not happening at all, and the emotiaonl stress I am under is about to keel me. *sigh*

Grandma, if there is anything I needed more than the words you wrote above, I can't think of it. I really needed someone to tell me I as awesome today. (Okay so I read it today:P) Thank you.

Kati
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
wow see I can't even spell emotional:P

sugarcookie53201
11-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey All!

Long time no post and I appologize about that. Been a very busy and rough week.

I hope all is going well for everyone! I have been really busy with school and we finally got the closing on our new home and both my husband and I have new jobs! My weight loss is still on track! I am almost up to 35 pounds lost!
Unfortunately I cant stay long! Take care and I will talk to you all later.

Sugar C.

The gramma
11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I can't believe it has been over two weeks since I checked in! My folks were here from Illinois, then my son from Japan. He is still here. He will be leaving tomorow. I have been too afraid to get on the scale. I guess I will tomorrow. I am so out of control. It is going to be ug-a-leeee. That's the price I will have to pay.
I hope you all are doing better.
Tami-how are you? Any better? We all know better. Knowing is not the issue, is it? Yes, I know the emotional things can really make you struggle. I hope life is calmer for you know and you are gaining strength for the holidays.
Katie-How about you? Has life gotten any easier? I am empathizing with you and being away from your man. So many holidays I have spent half a world away from mine. You have a goal, and a purpose. It will all fall into place one day and be worth the struggle.
Sugar-congrats on the new house and jobs-wow, big things in your life too. Are you hanging in there? how is the new job going. Man, you must be exausted about now.

Karen and Hepmelly-you doing ok?

Well, just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking about you. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving.

~gramma

Karen31
11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Hello Ladies!! :wave:
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We ended up going to the Springs to my son and his wifes home for dinner. They did most of the cooking so I got to take a break from that this year! Although I always make the cranberry/jello salad. I also made 3 loaves of homemade bread and some pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies and took that to them too! I don't think I ate too bad and I didn't bring any leftovers home!
We're still waiting for someone to come and buy the house. Things are just so slow right now! We have been on the internet and found all kinds of places back there that we would love to see but need to be patient! It sure is hard to play this waiting game though!
How is everyone doing? I've been meaning to get on here more but things have been busy the last week or so but hopefully I will get on more. At least until it is time to start doing it all over again for Chirstmas!! I was wishing so bad that we would be moved by Christmas but guess that is pretty much out of the question for now.
Everybody take care and hopefully things will slow down a bit so we can hear from everyone.

Kati
11-24-2007, 11:35 PM
I hope everyone one had a great Thanksgiving. We didn't do much because both the girls and myself are all sick. Well they were and are feelling better, thank goodness, but I am miserable.

And, if all the signs are right, it looks like there is going to be 5 of us come mid-may. So until I find out for sure, and all that my diet is on hold, but the healthy eating is not.

EDIT:...I am NOT pregnant. I am something, just not that. *sigh*

Karen31
11-25-2007, 12:06 AM
WOW! Kati!! Congrats!! That is so exciting. Be sure to keep us posted on how you are doing and hope you start feeling better real soon!

Karen31
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Hello Ladies, Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted. Guess it is just a busy time of year for everyone. We are still hoping for a buyer for the house but I decided to jsut start packing everything that we are able to do without until we do sell. So that is keeping me busy. At least whatever I can pack now I won't have to do when we do get a buyer and it is less to have to clean.
I changed my avatar and thought that you would be able to read the shirt in it but guess not. So I went ahead and attached the picture.... does that say anything about how bad I'm wanting to get moved???
Well, I need to get going--- we have to go down to the Srings this afternoon. Sure hope everyone is doing good and hope to hear from you soon!

glynne
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello

I hadn't seen this thread before. I'm not in Missouri now, but it was home for us for about 4 years. We were in Maine, then my husband lost his job, and his new job took us to Missouri ~ Kansas City/Parkville. I worked at the North Kansas City Hospital. Then my husband's job transferred him to North Carolina. I left behind one of my dearest friends and my son and daughter and little grandson. I used to get back there about once a year to visit, but then the kids moved, so it has been a while since I have visited there. My father-in-law lives in St. Louis.

Anyway ~ just thought I'd say hello.

Take care

sugarcookie53201
12-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Hey all! I am still here just been really busy with school and I have a new job working at Pizza Hut! Making a lot more money now, so it was a good move on my part!

Glynne, welcome to our club! We call ourselves the "show me skinnies"

So how is everyone doing? Haven't been here in like two weeks! I have been so busy but I am trying to get things to slow back down. I have lost about 40 pounds now. I was really sweating Thanksgiving but I was good! Been under a lot of stress and I think its catching up with me.

Kati, what's up girlfriend? Saw that you thought you were pregnant! Then saw that you werent. You have the stomach flu or something? Take care of yourself.

Everyone I need to go for now. I will try to post more frequently like I used to. Feel free to IM me if you all want! Till later!

Sugar C.

Karen31
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm hoping that everyone here is doing OK. I know all my family back in MO are without electricity and have been for 3 days now. I hope to hear from some of you to let us know that you alright. Take care and stay warm.

Kati
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Gobs of turmoil and stress righ tnow. Luke will be home in less than 12 hours for 12 days, and I cannot wait.

I am doing okay on the diet thingy, lost another pound or so, it is Slow but steadish.

Have a great Holiday ladies!

Karen31
12-25-2007, 03:12 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! We're off to visit grandkids and give out presents. It is cold and snowing like crazy here! Everyone have a great day!

Karen31
12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello Ladies! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Santa was good to you!
I don't know if I told you that I've been watching craigslist for an elliptical--- Well, I found a Gazelle on there the first of December that the lady said was just like new and she wanted $100 for it. I sent her an email I think it was last week and asked if she still had it. She said she did but they were leaving and wouldn't be back until the 28th. So I figured that I would keep watching and if nothing came along better than I would call her this Friday and offer her $50 for it. I got all my "horse trading mentality" from my Daddy! Anyway, I got on craigslist this morning and they had a Proform elliptical for $25 ! I sent an email and asked if they still had it and where would I see it. They replied and then said they had to go to a birthday party this afternoon and wouldn't be home until about 3:00. He said that there was something wrong with adjusting the resistance and the console didn't light up but thought it would just need new batteries. So I told them that I would just buy it and we would be at their house at 3:00. We got down there and looked at it and tried it out. I asked if he would take $20 for it and he agreed! So I now have it here at home. I was pretty excited about it. We tried new batteries and that didn't help the console display but Tim hasn't got into it anymore tonight. And right now I sure don't need to change the resistance because I was on it for about 5 minutes and was just about worn out! He told us he thought that the resistance level right now was set at the lowest. It is a Proform 485E which is an older model but the price was definitely right!! I went ahead and got the internet and downloaded an owners manual for it so maybe we can get it figured out and fix those two things that are wrong with it. If not-- it was still worth the $20! I guess you can tell that I'm pretty happy about it!
Well, it is getting late but wanted to pop in and say Hello. I will try to get caught up with everyone tomorrow! Have a good day!

sugarcookie53201
12-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Hey Ladies,

Happy Hollidays to everyone! I hope you are all ok. I have been busy busy busy busy and did I mention busy? I have not forgotten about everyone just too busy to blink.

Glad that things are wrapping up for the year, we have had a really crappy one! Out house burns down in this past Feb. we built the new one Tom has a heart attack, Cant get the house mortgaged, our perfect credit now ruined, the list goes on and on. I wish everyone a wonderful new year and keep up the hard work ladies. Take care !

Sugar C.

Kati
12-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderfu holiday season, I sure did. LUke has been home and he looks just wonderful. He is totaly a buffy stud now. *sigh*

I have entered my competitive spirit and by the end of the year I am going to be able to run as long if not longer than him. We are going to work towards running a marathon by the time his first 4 years are up.

I of course have gained most of the weight back since he has been home, but I have not gotten bigger, so since I have been so busy I figured i have put on some muscle. I am still down more than 4 inches on my waist.

This is going to be a very busy year for me. I am homeschooling my daughter, moving the entire house, going back to school, training for the marathon, and let's not forget writing.

I will check in, in another week with an update. Have a great week ladies!

Kati
01-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I have dropped another 3 pounds!!!!!

I am feeling great, got past that first ten pounds and my 'really' fat jeans are to big or me again, and my fat jeans are getting loose on me. YEAH!

Luke is back at the base and he found out yesterday that they might excelerate his program so he graduates the 5th of February instead of the 19th. That would be so cool!

Have a fab day folks!

Kati
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Where are all the Missouri ladies?

I lost 3 pounds this week!

This week I am going to exercise for 15 minutes 5 times and walk 20 minutes 5 times.

If I need a snack, I am going to find something healthier than chocolate.

Come on ladies, where are you?

Karen31
01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi Kati--- I'm still here! I ended up putting 9 pounds back on throgh all the holidays so I had to adjust my ticker but I'm planning to get rid of those 9 and 31 more real soon! I bought a Gazelle and I'm going to workout on that too.
Still trying to get the house sold. We have some people interested in it but they need to sell theirs first. They were supposed to have some kind of a meeting with their realtor this past week so maybe something good will happen here soon.
Congrats on your 3 pounds lost!! That is great!
I'm sure I will be able to post some loss next Friday when I weigh in again.

Take care and Hae a good day!

Christian
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi guys, I want to join in with you all if thats ok ;) I am from around Qulin Mo, let me know if there is room on the team....I cant wait to get to know you all,

onmywayAJ
01-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi there Missouri Ladies! I am from Springfield and just joined this evening. Glad to see that there is another new person interested in your group. I would also like to join you to receive and give encouragment. I have been heavy since my teens, and gained a lot of weight after marrying. This past year, I simply got tired of feeling like I was 90yrs old, instead of 39yrs old. With a lot of prayer and support from my husband and family I have been able to take off about 57lbs.so far, most since October 1. I have alot more to go, and stuggled with putting on several pounds over the holidays. But on Jan 2nd, my husband and I got started again. I am ready to live my life to the fullest potential. I would appreciate help and accountibility. Thanks for starting a group like this. Andrea

Karen31
01-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Welcome Christie! :welcome: Of course there is always room for more! Still trying to get our house sold in Colorado so that I can get moved back to MO. (around the Joplin area) and be close to my family. I'm hoping that now that the holidays are over that things start to pick up again around here.
I look forward to getting to know you so come back and post often!!
Have a great night!

Karen31
01-07-2008, 12:14 AM
:welcome3: Andrea!! WOW!! This is great to have some more people joining us!! Congratulations :congrat: on your weight loss so far! That is awesome!! How have you been able to do that? Would love to know.

Christian
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome Karen :D
I will be sure to come on here as much as possible, I am a 33 yr old housewife and a proud mother of 2 girls, one is 14 and the other is 11 going on 12 this April, I am getting ready to start the Body for Life program for the second challenge the 14th of this month with my hubby and will need all the support I can get to make it through the 12 weeks, I look forward to getting to know each of you and cant wait to share our success ;)

Andrea- WOW 57 pounds??? :balloons: How did you do it?? I know prayer has got me to the point I am at too, To God be the glory, cant wait to get to know you as well :hug:

Cardfan1
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey,ladies! I live about an hour away from Jefferson City in a very small town. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you!

Christian
01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Glad to have you onboard :carrot:

Tell us about yourself...cant wait to get to know you, Christie

Kati
01-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Hiya ladies! Forgot to post this past week. I was real sick and just stopped doing anything but triny to breath. No weight gain, and no loss either. Welcome to the new members and git back to werk, to the crowd. YAY!

Cardfan1
01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey,everyone! Hope you're all having a good Saturday and staying on track!

Kati
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Hiya folks. We are goingto be moving to Germany in the next few weeks. Luke has to report for duty there in March and we will follow him shortly.

Two things are working great in our favor. First Luke has a fracture in both legs, which makes in undeployable. The second thing is that the unit her was assigned to is returning from deployment in May. We are very lucky. It looks like he is escaping going to the sandbox for a bit longer.

The healthy eating thing is going good. I have stopped losing, but that is okay for now. I am maintianing and that is the best I can hope for with all the things going on.

Later ladies.

Kati
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Hiya Folks! Boy this has been a busy two weeks. I am down 18 pounds all together and getting stronger every day! Luke will be graduating AIT tomorrow and hopefully will be home on Saturday sometime.

Come on ladies, where are you, let's go!!!!!!!!

Karen31
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Kati! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you! And it sounds like you have really had some good news lately! Both with Luke and yourweight loss! Congrats!!

We're still here in Colorado and it is stil snowing! But I'm hoping that real estate will start moving here again soon with Spring around the corner.

Well, I just popped in for a few minutes to see what was happening. I hope some of the other girls start coming back. You take care.