Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #1  
Aleecia

Default Back again and could really use some words of wisdom

It's been a long time since I've been here, but it worked before so I'm hoping it will work again.
I didn't see very many familar names so here's a little about me.
I joined 3FC in February 2006. I did great for the 1st 8 months. I was able to drop 40 pounds and I was on my way to my goal of losing 100 pounds. Life felt great. Then I just completely fell off the band wagon and I haven't been able to catch up ever since. I have since gained back the 40 plus 8 more URGH!!
So I am starting over today. I need to do this, this time. I am just not the same person anymore. I have lost my confidence, I am tired all the time, my legs hurt and often find that I am just depressed for no reason.
I would love to catch up with some of my old friends as well as make new ones along the way. I'm in this for the long hall. I just know that the people here really helped me in losing the 40 pounds last year by keeping me motivated and by sharing their ups and downs.
Thanks for listening and wish me luck!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Angel. I'm glad to see you back again!!!

This time stick around, ya hear?!?!!? We can help you when you fall off that wagon. And let's face it, we're always going to have some tiny falls along the way, but we're all here to help each other keep that those falls as infrequent as possible - and yup, as tiny as possible. There's not a one of us here who can not relate to you.

I adrmire you greatly for coming back and laying it all on the table. Once you get that scale moving downward again, and I have no doubt that you will, I'm sure you will begin to feel much, much better. And luckily it doesn't even take that long to see some major changes.

Looking forward to hearing from you often. I wish you tons and tons of GOOD LUCK.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Hi Angel,
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT. The 3fc forum and 100 lb club will support you and this time it will stick. I know if you stay around for the long haul you will accomplish this and many other great things. Looking forward hearing from you often.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Count me in the "new friend" category! I, too, just had a slip off of the wagon, and am going to rely on 3FC to help me find my way back again so that I can keep my slip relatively small. I also want to echo what Robin said. It won't take forty pounds coming off for you to start feeling better. I bet in a week or two of being on plan, you will feel so much better - both physically and mentally - that you'll wonder why you were ever lured into going off plan. Looking forward to reading many new and inspiring posts from you as you start taking off those pounds again!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and Welcome back!!!
I was here last May, stayed about a month, and stopped coming. I also regained what I lost + lots more. This time I am going to do it, and I know you can do!!!

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #6  
Aleecia

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back. I feel better already. Now I truly remember why I love it here so much. Everyone is so great.

Thanks again!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back! I, too, have come and gone and have to say being here and messing up is far superior to messing up and leaving!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 AM   #8  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, from a complete newbie I just signed up not too long ago, and I already feel right at home here. Everyone is so kind, inspiring, awesome, upbeat... I just can't say enough good things about everyone here!

You can do it!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #9  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, sweetie.

I can relate to you. I was here last year and quickly dropped about 70lbs. Life got hectic, and I regained all but 9lbs of that weight. I found myself miserable. I hated the way I looked, and it was affecting everything. Not to mention heart palpitations that I started to have.
Anyways, we're here for you. Hang in there, you can do this!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Leec! Believe me, the support on here is INVALUABLE!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Here is wishing you much LUCK, like so many here, I too have had my ups and downs, but since I been on 3fc I've had some slow, very slow lose periods but have stuck with it and not gained back more than a couple of pounds at a time. I read much more than I post, but the support and inspirations here is great. Stick with it, Im sure you'll do great. You lost before so you know what you need to be doing, and you will be feeling so much better just knowing you are on the right track.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #12  
Aleecia

Thanks everyone!

I am happy to say that yesterday being my first day back went a lot easier than I thought it would. I feel great this morning. I definitly think I'm on my way.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

back! Glad your first day went well.

I've been around for quite a while, and I'm a firm believer in persistence. If you screw up one meal, then just get right back on track the next meal. If you screw up one day, then get right back on track the next day. You may take one step back for every two forward, but eventually you will succeed.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #14  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Welcome back, Angel!

I tend to come and go as well, but I'm back permanently now! (I can just see Sandi and Robin screaming at having to deal with me all the time now . Sorry lovely ladies!).
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote