WW Clubs and Groups - #187 Bale of Turtles Doing Well!

View Full Version : #187 Bale of Turtles Doing Well!

Itryharder
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, that gain will go right away because of TOM. I'm looking forward to a good week for myself since my company is gone and we shouldn't have any until this weekend which is my dd's bridal shower here. I've done lots of preparation for it and I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

I've been exercising more than usual and am hoping that that will help. I know it will. Take care and chime in, Turtles!
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Turtles,
I have been getting in 1 -2 mile walks about every other day. My eating has been worse though. I am just going to keep trying. We can do this if we don't give up.

INVU
09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi Turtles hope everyone is great. A friend of the family passed away last week so I have been busy helping out.
I weighed myself last night I have lost 4kgs :D woo hoo Have a good day everyone:dizzy:

Princess1122
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday!

INVU: Awesome job! How many pounds is that? ... LOL, I don't know my measurement conversion very well =)

Autumn: Great job on the walking! That is what I need to do but I am so busy with homework and study for this class that I am taking that I literally have no extra time right now... I need to find some though! Again, Great Job!

Judy: Busy as always! LOL, with as much running and entertaining, etc as you do it is a wonder that you are not worn out all the time! Such a super woman!
Good luck on the shower, I know it will be great!

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
INVU :cp: :bravo: weigh to go! Great loss, but to be completely honest, I'm not quite sure how much that is! Glad that you're chiming in because I expect to learn a lot from you.

Autumn, :tread: glad you're exercising and walking. Even if the eating isn't exactly what you want, you're heading in the right direction and you'll get there. :strong:

Princess, I'm so glad you're chiming in even though you're so busy. The time will go by, you'll have the studying and extra work load done, and you'll get a promotion. Really worth it! In the meantime it looks like you're doing fine.
:cp: :bravo:

I am very busy and I am tired more than I'd like. I did get on :tread: today and I watched my food but I sure am feeling mighty chubby right about now.
Take it easy and let's all work the baby steps.
Judy

INVU
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Hello Turtles hope everyone is well.
Itryharder Good luck for the weekend
CherryAutumn Great job on the walking
Princess Keep up the good work dont forget some down time for yourself
4kgs is about 8 pounds.
Well its been a good day today I went out for a walk around the lake with my sister and our kids and feed the ducks I forgot how cool it is :p

Itryharder
09-12-2007, 05:45 PM
INVU, thanks for the update on kilos/pounds. When I taught second graders I pointed out that a large text book weighs about 2# and 1kilogram. It just amazed me that you lost so much so quickly so I thought I had remembered the conversion wrong. Weigh to go x a kilo!!!!! :bravo: You must be so proud. Keep up the good work.

As for me, my WI this morning was great. I knocked off the 2# I put on last week and a tiny bit more. So, for the first time in a long time, I am under 220# and although it's not where I'd like to be, it is movement in the right direction. I also started flex today and I got on the treadmill. So please keep me in your thoughts and cheer me on. I want the best for all of us.
Judy
234.6/219.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
09-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Morning all!

Judy: Awesome Job! You can do it and it all seems to be coming together for you!

All: How is everyone doing today? It is a beautiful day here in the midwest... sunny and cool, fall is on the way! I love this time of year.

I have to run, busy day ahead.

I will check back in later on.

Have happy day!
Princess

CherryAutumn
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I am currently weighing in at 209 my short term goal is to get to 205. That will be my lowest weight since having my son 3 months ago. I can't wait to get below 200 pounds i haven't seen those numbers since having my 2 yr. old dear daughter.

Keep up the good work Judy and Princess we can do this.

INVU - thanks for the support

Itryharder
09-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Go Turtles! We are an awesome bunch of people.

Well, I cooked yesterday for the shower. I wanted to check in and see how you all are doing before I get myself together for the "big day." I know my dd is excited about the party and I'm sure it will be wonderful. I have to remember to enjoy the guests and the party and downplay my eating the yummy foods! I can do this. It's a matter of setting priorities, right?

Everyone have a great weekend. It's rainy here right now, but I'm hoping for the sun to come out.
Take care, do baby steps, drink lots of water and make yourself proud! By the way, I'm on FLEX this week and have been using Lean Cuisine meals for dinner. They are lifesavers in the point dept. Just thought I'd mention it.

Judy

INVU
09-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi Turtles hope you all are well. I am havin a bad week eating too much.I have got to pull it together. Have a good one :p

CherryAutumn
09-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Today is a new day Turtles!
It is Monday and i plan to get my butt back in gear. I need to eat better for myself. I can do this. I cannot and will not give up.
Have a good day ladies.

Itryharder
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi TUrtles,
INVU, we all have bad hours, days, weeks and even months when we eat too much, feel guilty, and try to make ourselves feel better by eating more. We all know that doesn't work, but once we get off track it takes effort to get back in. Here's some hints and a :grouphug: to help you do the right thing for yourself.
1. Get good foods in the house and get rid of the fattening stuff
2. Pat yourself on the back for wanting to do the right thing
3. Drink water, exercise, use portion control and figure out why you're overeating. If you are eating from stress or emotions, write down the "stuff: you want to get rid of and read it and burn it up.

Good luck. We all have tough weeks.

Cherry, Good luck with this week. It's Monday and a new day!!! You can do this.

The shower was very successful. I really enjoyed myself and so did the guests and the bride, etc. We had a great time. I ate little because I was so busy, but now I have to ditch the left-overs because they are too tempting. Let's all have a great week.

Ariana and Princess, I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.
Judy

INVU
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Turtles hope everyone is great
Thanks Judy I needed that.Great news that the shower was a success
Cherry dont give up we know and you know YOU CAN DO THIS
Princess hope your well
Hope I didnt forget anyone
:cheer2::cheer2: GO TURTLES GO :cheer2::cheer2:
I forgot to say with the bad week I had I put on 1.3kg (about 2#)
But its all good this week is going to be better

Itryharder
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
INVU
I love those dancing cheerleaders! That's what we all need to get through our days. Thanks!
Putting on 1K when you lost 4K so quickly can be rectified. I hear that you're going to have a good week. :cp: :cheer: Good for you!

Autumn Cherry, how's the baby? Are you able to get out walking? The weather here is beautiful and I'm thinking of asking my dh if he would like to take a walk down by the sound this afternoon. Great weather to do so.

Ariana, lots of luck with the overtime. Hope all goes well with you.

Princess, lots of luck with your studying. Am looking forward to hearing how your ds is doing at college.

Judy

Princess1122
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Morning all!

All is well here, just busy busy busy with school, etc. I have pilates tonight, love the class! Especially when it is over with...LOL.

W/I was not great on Saturday... only down .2 and the scale is not budging one bit but I think that if I can get some walks in that will help. DH and I have been taking the dogs to the park, which is right out our back door and it is not a long walk at about, only about a third of a mile and since we have the dogs and it is "their" walk we go very slow and let them sniff and snuffle everything that they want to... we did go for a mini walk though on Monday, just the two of us, they dogs just looked at us like we were traitors since we were not taking them. We only walked about a half a mile but it is a start and I hope to get in another one this evening.

It has turned warm here again, summer is back! We had really cool nights here for the last week or two... down in the 40's and only in the 70's during the day... it was wonderful but now it is gone for a while and the heat has returned.

Looks like everyone is doing well... I am so glad to see that. Sorry that I don't drop by daily anymore and I will try and do better. Once class is over with it will get better for sure.

I have to run ladies!

Itryharder
09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Princess,
I really miss your daily chiming in, but I know that time goes so fast that you are probably 1/3 of the way through your course already. Am I close? The time goes, the course will be over, and you'll be back here.

In the meantime, Bandit, are you around? I'm sending :goodvibes: to you since you've been here for a good long time and I consider you a friend! How is the weather up in Canada? It's getting nippy here.

Cherry and INVU are great at chiming in and you guys are great support.
I'm off to my weekly WI and I'll let you know how I did. I ran into trouble because I didn't follow my own advice and let the shower food tempt me on the days following the shower. However, I did like the flexibility of FLEX and will stay on that part of WW's this week.

Take care and be well,
Judy :cool:

bandit2
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone & welcome to the new members. Always nice to have new input.

So, hope everyone has been well.

The weather up here is great & suppose to be for awhile, so taking advantage of it for sure.

My daughter is back at school but since she is close comes home when she can. She has a part time job now, so wont' be home as much as last year.
But sometimes I will meet her after work for dinner if too much time goes by with her not coming home. She is about 1/2 hour away from my work, so that is no problem.

I have been up & down lately with my eating & weight loss.
But, have done well so far this week.

I hurt my knee awhile back so haven't been to gym lately. I shouldn't use that as excuse since I can still do some walking, swimming & weights. But I go for physio this Fri then will see what they say about that.

Anyone have some new fall recipes for us to try?

Talk soon.

CherryAutumn
09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Weigh in didn't go so well Today. I am up to 210.5 this morning. Buying a new house and moving in has been real stressful. Also i am having problems with my depression that my meds are not really helping. I know excuses excuses. I am going to try to do better this week and keep track of the points i am eating even if i go over. I really need to do that. Usually as soon as i think i have gone off course i stop counting. I will do better. Thanks for the support. My little guy is doing good and growing so fast.

I hope everyone else is having a good day. Keep up the good work and keep posting for support as well as encouragement.

INVU
09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi Turtles :dizzy:
Princess - Sorry but you cant have summer back its should be on it way over here now hand it over :D
Bandit - keep going
Itryharder - good luck for the WI
Cherry - Dont forget some time out for yourself.How old is your son now,my son Lukas is now 6 months old time just flys by
Well its Thursday today and I need to get back OP Wednesday afternoon was my sister sons Theo birthday party he is the big 2 and I ate too much.But on to a new day OP
Have a good one everybody :broc::crazy::broc:

Itryharder
09-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Bandit,
I'm so glad you could take time to e-mail. Always good to hear fromyou.
Exercise is tricky, but I know I do better when I get it in.

My WI was good this morning. I lost .8# in the week where I gave the shower. So, I'm at a nice lower number and have to keep up the good work.
Best wishes to all.
Judy
234.6/219/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
09-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Congrats Judy!

Princess1122
09-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Congrats to Judy! Very well done!

I just wanted to stop by quick and see what is going on.

BANDIT! It is so good to see you back!

INVU - I know, it is hard to let it go though... so what is it like where you live? I have always wanted to see that part of the world... not sure I ever will but it is on my list :D

Cherry - we all have bad weeks... I have had more then I care to admit ;) just stay on plan and you will be fine!

Ariana - Hope you can come back soon, we miss you!

Susan

Itryharder
09-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Okay Turtles,
We're heading into the weekend. This is the first weekend in ages that I haven't had something to do or someone(s) to entertain! Yay me! So, I've got a plan to make this a good weekend: I'm heading out grocery shopping now to get plenty of fruits and veggies in the house. I'm also picking up more Lean Cuisine dinners. I found ones last week ranging from 3-4 points and when I boosted them with a small potato or more veggies, I found I was comfortable with them for dinner. Being on Flex last week was a big help.
I kept saying I was on Core, but I wasn't counting the off-Core foods and therefore I wasn't losing weight. I'm in my favorite time of year to lose weight (even with the holidays) and I know I can do it!

:grouphug: to all of us to :tread: and :dance: Have a great weekend.

Judy

Itryharder
09-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Ladybug,
Here we are! So glad you're joining our group. We have several pretty new members here and we :welcome3: you!

INVU and Cherry Autumn are newcomers while Bandit, Ariana, Princess, and I (Itryharder Judy) have been posting here on a regular basis. We're all losing weight and sometimes it's hard--lots of times it's hard. But we all have had success and we also know that when we're struggling it's very important to come here and post. Turtles have great ideas for shaking up a weight loss.

Ladybug, tell us something about yourself and we'll respond in kind.

Everybody have a great weekend!
Judy

Itryharder
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Gee Turtles,
I had a good weekend. I'm counting points and figuring out ways to make the food count. My WW leader used a nice term for food. She said eat foods that give you "distance". By that she meant foods that tasted good and would hold you over--keep you feeling full for a longer time. Also, doh,
I finally followed my advice and a couple of times over the weekend when I felt "hungry" I drank 20 oz. of water and felt "full". Now that's a low caloric treat!
Judy
I'm losing weight this week and it feels good!!!

Princess1122
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Morning all... weekend went well... down 2.8 at W/I but I had a very high points weekend so I will have to be super careful this week.

I have to run but will check back again later on.

Itryharder
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, that is a phenomenol weight loss! Weigh to go!! :cp: :bravo:
:goodscale: You must be so pleased. A lot of work went into that weight loss and you deserve every bit of it. Having a high point weekend is okay since you've got a full week to make it all come out right.
Congratulations for a great WI.

Today was another good day. I got blood results back from my doc and they are about where they had been, so I can't complain. Also my dh and I went walking down by the sound on the boardwalk. It was pleasant and almost didn't feel like exercise. Yay!

Take care and be well.
Judy

CherryAutumn
09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry ladies i am really struggling right now and fighting to get back on my feet. I think i will make it eventually. I gained 6 pounds in the week and a half we took to move our things to a new house in town. I was so ashamed of myself and have been depressed. Since i am an emotional eater that is very bad news. Anyway i have been trying to turn myself around and have lost 2.5 pounds of the 6 so far.

Itryharder
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Cherry,
:grouphug: and :goodvibes:
I'm glad you're working on getting the weight you put on off. You'll do it.
Moving (with small children) is an extremely difficult challenge. Now that's over and you'll get a routine going and you'll be fine. I, for one, am a huge emotional eater and I understand.
The weight went on fast--it'll come off fast. I'm glad you posted and let us know how you're doing.
Judy

Itryharder
09-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Today was my WI at WW's mtg. I lost 1.2# so that's a good thing. Hopefully I'll lose even more in this next week.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/217.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Turtles,
I am still here!

Judy - thanks so much for the hugs and support. I really need that right now. I have been working on gaining control of myself. On Sunday i was up to 214 and was so ashamed of myself. By wednesday i was at 211 and Today though not an official weigh in i am proud to announce i am down to 209. That is just .5 pounds from my lowest weight so far!!!!! Thanks for all the support.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Just keep on moving forward ladies. We can and will beat this battle together.

Itryharder
09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Cherry, congrats on getting that weight loss under control.. Weigh to go!
I'm working really hard this week too and I'm trying to keep it all together so that I can show a lot again this week.

Everybody have a great weekend and relax from all your hard work. I can't believe the weekend is here again already! :cp: :bravo: :cheer:
Judy

exercisebimbo
10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone!! I would love to join your group and be a turtle too!! That i how my weight loss is going at this point.............its actually a phrase I have been using a lot.................slow and steady wins the race...........I went to my meeting yesterday down 1 .b for a total loss of 43.8 since January....my mini goal challenge for now is to be in a winter "one derland" for Christmas.....we are doing the "biggest loser" at work starting today, I joined that as well hoping it would give me a little boost to get there this holiday season.........talk to you soon.

CherryAutumn
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome Exercisebimbo! You have done great on your weightloss. I started at 232 and through the year have gotten down to 210.5. It has been a very slow battle so i think i know how you feel. This is a great group of ladies. I am fairly new to the group and they have made me feel welcome.

Princess1122
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Afternoon all,

I skipped W/I this weekend and slept in for an extra hour so I have no update to report in that department.

Welcome exercisebimbo! It is great to have you with us.

I have to run, just wanted to stop by quick.

Princess

Itryharder
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
:welcome3: to Excersizebimbo!!!
You're absolutely welcome here. We try to give each other support so it's helpful to post when you're doing great (inspiration to others) and when you're not doing so great(it helps remind all of us that most of us falter now and then but baby steps gets us back on track). We're always happy for new members.

Princess, glad you were able to post--always glad to hear from you. I have a feeling as busy as you've been that the extra hour sleep was really needed.

Good luck to us all. :cheers: Today was a very good day, but yesterday was horrific. Cherry Autumn, I had some bad news and ate over the emotions--I work at it and I get better, but I still slip sometimes!!! Today was good and I even got on the :tread: for exercise, so I've picked up the pieces and moved on!
Judy

exercisebimbo
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome!!! Today I had a great on program day!!! I did everything I was supposed to except the oils..........I have the hardest time getting those in............................I even took my vitamin and walked for 35 minutes (2 miles).

Judy good for you picking up the pieces and moving ahead........emotional eating is tough............I do it myself...............and then kick myself besides, lol.

Hi Princess!!

Thanks for the welcome Cherry........It is always good to be in the same "boat" as someone else........sticking together seems to help through the hard times, and makes the good times more enjoyable.

Aj

INVU
10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Turtles
hope you are all great well I have not weighed in this week TOM and just having a bad week and my son has been sick and its been raining on and off all week.
:welcome: to all the new people
:cheer: to all the losers
:kickbutt: to anyone that needs one (I know I do)
Have a good one ;)

Princess1122
10-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday!

Sleep morning for me since I had class last night... My TOM arrived yesterday and it looks like it is going to be a monster this month... BLAH!

I am so happy to see everyone posting and sharing their thoughts! It helps us all!

Has anyone heard of "Green Smoothies"? I have been having them for my breakfast and my midmorning snack. They are a great way to get in fruit and veggies and they are very filling and energizing. This is what I put in this mornings smoothie, it comes out to be about 2 - 16oz servings:

1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
2 med. banana's
1/2 cup fresh mango
1 cup grapes
1 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
1/2 cup water

You need to have a blender that has an ice crusher feature on it or a really good work horse of a blender like a vita mixer or Cuisinart. I have neither but my blender has an ice crusher feature so I use it.

Start with the spinach and water and get that blending, when it is all blended down start adding the fruit and blend until "smoothie" consistency, I put it in a large bottle and take it to work with me, I have half for my breakfast and put the rest in the fridge until my morning snack.

According to recipe builder the WHOLE thing is 8 pts so it would be 4 points a serving.

If you add the blueberries it takes the "green" out of it... LOL.

Well ladies I need to run but will check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
10-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Princess, I never heard of a green smoothie, but it sure looks interesting! Now that I'm doing Flex I may just try it.

INVU--glad to see you back here. Keep on posting because I find something good always comes from that.

All goes well here. I went to my WW mtg., but skipped the WI. I haven't done that in ages, but I had a temp. weight spike and didn't want to see it recorded at the meeting. Since then I've been fine and I'll make this work for me. My dd took me to the opera (we live near NYC) last night and it was glorious. I can't imagine the dedication that it takes for these singers to practice their craft and sound so majestic. I was blown away. That's all for now.

:grouphug: and :goodvibes: to us all. We can all do this. :cp:
Judy

CherryAutumn
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Every one. I am getting back on WW starting today. Hopefully it will go well. I have to find a focus and stick with it. I am so tired of being and feeling the way i am. I weighed myself today since I am starting today and i weighed 208! So here it goes.

exercisebimbo
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi guys..................I just wanted to share with all of you, that for the longest time, I was basically just hanging on by my toenails, losing a little here and there, staying the same, even a few small gains.............but generally going down so I was okay with that..........well last week when I committed to starting over, and doing everything, the tracking, the weighing and measuring............well it all paid off, I lost 5 lbs this week and it felt awesome!!!!I have had a bad weekend healthwise, almost blacked out during church so have pretty much just laid low........and not done all those things, but didn't go crazy with food at all, pretty much just ate what I usually ate, so we will see............I actually have to weigh in again tomorrow for the "biggest loser" thing we are doing at work. Talk to you soon..........

INVU
10-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello Turtles hope everyone is good
Cherry You can do this :dust:
exercisebimbo Way to go :carrot:
Princess hows things I made a green smoothie this morning :yes:was good
Itryharder how you doing
As for me I did not weigh in last week so I did it today :goodscale down 2.3kgs
Have a great day :D :cheer:

CherryAutumn
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Well i had a good day yesterday. I ate all 26 points and did not go over. I also did 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds.:carrot: I hope i will do as well today.

INVU- thanks for the will power dust i definately need it.:hug:

exercisebimbo- That weightloss is great.:D Keep up the hard work.:carrot:

Itryharder
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the fairy dust and good wishes. We are doing great! I'm going to start the next thread, so look for the turtles at #188
Judy