Does it Work? - natural cures?

View Full Version : natural cures?

jemini6782
09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
hey all,
it's been a while since i've visited 3fc's. I'm sure almost everyone has heard of the "natural cures" guy, kevin trudeau by now, i was just curious has anyone read his book "the weight loss cure" and has anyone tried it? i have the book and am thinking of trying it. if anyone has any comments or even questions on this i would really appreciate it.

thank you

HeatherAngel
09-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I have no faith whatsoever in Kevin Trudeau - do a search for his name and fraud, and you'll find a lot of ugly info. :(

ON THE OTHER HAND - I am also a HUGE believer in 'if it works for you - GREAT!' so I'm sure someone else will have something more positive to add... good luck!!

Suzanne 3FC
09-10-2007, 12:38 AM
We reviewed it. It's the scariest diet book I've ever read :eek:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet_Book_Reviews/The_Weight_Loss_Cure_They_Don%27t_Want_You_to_Know _About/

jemini6782
09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
i started to browse through the book an i thought a few things in there were kinda wierd--- when he writes that your supposed to poop 3 times a day i think thats definately a bit much..

AndyNY
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
He's a scam artist. He's full of crap. He takes adavantage of people in desperate situations (the sick, the elderly, the overweight). He's misinformed. And he's a tool.

chick_in_the_hat
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
He's full of crap.

Not if he follows his own advice to poop 3 times a day...sorry I couldn't resist. :p

I agree with the 3FC review.

fiberlover
09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
He's now in trouble with the FTC http://redtape.msnbc.com/

SoulBliss
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
i started to browse through the book an i thought a few things in there were kinda wierd--- when he writes that your supposed to poop 3 times a day i think thats definately a bit much..
It is quite normal for some people to have a bowel movement every time they eat. I am vegan and eat a high fiber diet. I have 2-3 "normal" bowel movements in an average day. My DH who is a HUGE (not fat) man has 2-5 a day and that's normal for him, his body and is related to the volume of food he eats daily (as much as 5,000 calories a day).