WW Clubs and Groups - WW 100 Club Support Group--9/9-9/15

Shay
09-09-2007, 01:26 AM
I have been lurking around and no one has posted in this section in almost a month. This is my attempt to revive it. I don't plan to do anything special except post this thread every week and hope others will join me. You don't need to ask to join, you don't need to introduce self, just jump right in. I plan to post my weekly goals, vent, and talk about progress or lack of progress. Generally I am a person of few words so I may not respond to every post but will do my best to welcome everyone who choses to join me on this journey. Here we go...

WEEKLY GOALS:
Drink 72 oz of water daily
Exercise at least 10 minutes a day (I have not exercised in months)
Stay OP--28 pts

Last week was not as great as I wanted it to be but it is a new week.

LONG TERM GOAL:
Lose a minimum of 100. Once I get there then I will decide if I need to go further.

jar1965
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey hey hey!!!! Hi likenoother! I'm wishing you bunches of luck getting this board revived! I'm here............I too, will check in and out and see how everyone is doing! I needed to lose 100# when I started. My first goal is 190# - then 175# - then 150# and then hopefully I'll be there!!!!
Another goal that I have been tracking on another board is my September Activity Goals.............WALK, WALK, WALK AND WALK! That's about all I'm interested in. I really don't like doing arobics or heavy physical exercise. I think I'm tooooo old! lol! Actually I tell myself if I lost about 50# - I think I would start to be interested because I would feel better!:shrug:

Well girls.....here's some :dust:to get you started this week!

I'm hoping to see a 2 - 3# loss this week. Tomorrow is WI - I'll let you know!

Good Luck losers!!!!!;)

Shay
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Jeanne! Thanks for stopping by. WELCOME! I don't know how to do that fancy stuff. Exercise is my huge hurdle. I will begin walking at work with the girls when I return on the 17th. That's what they are saying now. Sometimes we say we are too busy. I think I will start with that, Pilates, and TBL Vol 2 DVD. So far I am doing well with points today and on my second bottle of water already.

ruthannie
09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey Ladies,

I'm in the club too. Total goal from my start last October is 142- it's going to take a looooooong time. My current shortest term goal is to get back below 260, where I was in May. Then I'm gunning for below 250. I don't want to see numbers above 5 EXCEPT in the ones position.

Slow the past 2 weeks and I keep creeping or leaping over the points boundary (hence the slowness). Here's to Monday.

Goals this week:

balance ball routine (15 minutes minimum) 2x
low end of points 5 out of 7 days
go to bed by 11 weeknights

Shay
09-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Welcome Ruthannie! I'm with you. I need to lose about 120 pounds. I'm so freaking short too! When you have to lose that amount of weight it can be discouraging so its great to have a place to receive and give support. My heighest weight was 278. I had gotten down all the way to 150 and put 90 back on. It just got to be so hard. So I really look forward to sharing the ups and downs with you and anyone else that would like to join us on this journey.

ruthannie
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I thought my weight (when I started) was 278, then I bought a good scale. :( So even though I had lost about 10 pounds, I suddenly weighed almost 10 more and had to go back through those numbers again. That was last October/November. I was slow, but steady through the spring- then over the summer, my motivation flagged. Now I've rededicated and remotivated. This forum is helping.

I had a nice comment this morning from my water aerobics teacher- she said I "really work hard!". I'm glad she noticed because I was trying to kick it up a notch or two and keep the pace high. It's so much harder in the deep water, it's taking me a while to figure out how to do some exercises without submerging myself. I don't wear the belt. I meant to ask if that was better for core muscles (I'm thinking it is).

Anyway, it is a long road for us shortys and it takes so little to put it back on (like in a whiff of a doughnut it seems). Here's to a good week. :)

jar1965
09-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi girls! Glad to see you checking in this morning! WI for me was today. I am down 1.4# for a total of 15.9# since August 6, 2007 (just a little over a month):carrot:!! I'm very excited about that and hope to see the same results next month! I probably should re-do my halloween goal - cause - I'm thinking - I may not make that one!:shrug:

Today I went to the doctors. She did notice my loss!;) I was quite excited about that!:D She had to do a bi-opsy on my uterus today and I thought that I was going to die! It was a very very very painful procedure! They had to dialate me to open the cervix - I almost kicked her in the teeth!!!!!:mad: I know, she is just doing her job! But.............

Well anyways, that was probably more than you needed to know - but it did make me NOT GO treadmill shopping - all I wanted to do was come home!

Shay
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Ruthannie & Jeanne
I have had that issue with my scale before and it was devastating. For awhile I just stopped weighing myself. I only recently started again. I teach Water Aerobics to people with MS and other physical disabilities so I can definitely attest to the quality of a water workout. And yes it is better for your core in the deep water if you are not using a belt. Matter of fact you must have a great core to keep yourself from submerging in deep water. I teach in shallow water.

Biopsies...whew. I have had a few on my legs and the pain was ridiculous so I can't even imagine the pain you were in. I got hopped up on percocet later and that helped.

Doing well today. I had two bottles of water and need one more. I drink my water out of a 24 oz bottle so it makes it easy to just drink 3 a day.

I am planning to try and tackle exercise today. I will let you know how that goes.

jar1965
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi likenoother - they told me it would hurt.............but my oh my.........that was an understatement! I did get to take a pain pill too!

KPFBMom
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi - Just want to join the group. I also have over 100 lbs to lose and I just got back on program last week. I've lost 3 lbs so far but I know how slow it goes for me. I've been bouncing around this website, but havent really connected with anyone. I thought it would be good to talk to other WW members. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:wave:

keepnsane
09-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi..I also want to join your group. I have 100 pounds to lose. I recently got scared because I really have jumped up in weight, especially lately, & am just about out of my current size 20. I also cannot do the types of exercise I once could do.
I did ww a few years ago & I lost down to 160, then I hit a long plateau & quit...how silly, I'd take 160 back any day! Money is a little tight, but soon I hope to go back to meetings...maybe even join the ww website for recipes...not sure yet....I'm so glad this forum is free.
I hope this time I will do this for life, but in the meantime it is so nice to have a place to start one small step at a time!
God Bless to all!

jar1965
09-11-2007, 07:00 AM
:welcome2: Welcome KPFBmom and keepnsane!!!!!!
KPFBMom - Congrats on the 3# loss already!!!! That is great! Everyone here does their own WW thing! Throw out some ideas, learn some new tricks and talk about whats going on with yourselves! We all LOVE to chat! lol!:D I hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a nice place to come when nobody else understands!;)
keepnsane - Welcome! congrats for taking that step again! Isn't it amazing how we have almost all been there! Lost the weight, gone idle and gained it back! 160# - been there done that and your right...........I'd love to see 160#! Good Luck and let us know how you do on WI day?

When is Weigh In day going to be for you guys?
likenoother & ruthannie - :dust: have some dust for the day!!!!:hug:

Shay
09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Welcome KPBFMom & Keepnsane
This website is great. Its here for you late at night or whenever you are struggling and everyone is so nice. So happy to see more people joining us on this thread. There is something for everyone here.

What I Do:
I pre plan my menu a week ahead of time
I do 3 meals and 3 snacks a day
I use my 35 flex points --sometimes all sometimes only a few. That allows me to eat what I want that day without feeling guilty and one fast food day a week
I don't go to meetings. This website is my support group
I still have my books from when I was member and when I need a tracker I get it off of e-bay

I didn't get my exercise in yesterday but I plan to exercise in the next 15 minutes or so.

Shay
09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Well I finally got off my fat behind and exercised. I did 30 minutes of upper body exercises on the stability ball with weights. I did abs too. Generally once I get started I'm good to go. I just have to pace myself and not get ridiculous like exercising everyday and sometimes 2 times in a day. That's what burns me out.

jar1965
09-11-2007, 08:22 PM
likenoother - way to go!!!!!!! I got two 1/2 mile walks in at work today! HOWEVER.........DH & I ate at Red Lobster! But, I had steamed veggies, no butter and a grilled chicken breast! Usually I like to get the stuffed flounder! lol! Also, I get the fish of the day.......usually grilled cod with the steamed veggies!

Well - have a great night losers!!!

ruthannie
09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi KPFBmom and keepnsane! Welcome, welcome! :welcome2:

likenoother- :yay: whoo hoo! Good work getting the routine in.

jar1965- Such restraint! You did good! :woohoo:

I did my balance ball routine today for the first time in a couple months :D. That core might be strong in the water, but man (!) that short bridge took my hamstrings by surprise :faint:!

I did 30 minutes today and will repeat on Thursday. I realize that I've let my core exercises (that I "should" do everyday for my back) slip the past couple months. Those are something I could squeeze in the mornings everyday (10-15 minutes). I think I could manage getting up 10 minutes earlier. Guess that could be a goal next week. Morning workouts as a whole are always a challenge for me. :coffee:

My Program

I use materials from 10 years ago "123 Success" and don't go to meetings (too pricey).

Planning- I also pre-plan for the week coming. I'm too busy or tired to cook a "new" meal each night, but make 3-4 recipes during a week.

Breakfast- Every morning,but simple- requiring neither thought nor planning. Usually one of the 2

4 pts Kashi GoLean Crunch w/berries, vanilla Soy Slender
3 pts Oatmeal (steel cut scottish or irish) w/berries, NF yogurt, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, splenda

Snacks- I do 3 meals and 3 snacks also (always have something 2-4 pts in my bag).

1pt Apple (granny smith)
2pts Low fat string cheese
2-4pts Almonds (12-24)
2-3pts Kashi or South Beach snack bars

Drinks- Water mostly (1 right after I get up in the am), but also green tea at breakfast and a skinny latte (2pt) with morning snack.

Veggies- Lots and lots, especially a huge salad or other leafy green at one meal (meals without green on the plate seem unfinished to me and green jello doesn't count :blah:.

Fiber & Whole Grain- I always am looking for higher fiber/lower fat choices when I'm shopping and have mostly eliminated white flour and white sugar.

Most of my eating challenges concern portion distortion or control and emotional eating. That may be why when I go back OP, I don't drop a lot of weight right away like some do. My diet doesn't change much, it's mostly quantity. Those are my struggles.

I LOVE food. :love: Good food I mean. I'm not generally a junk food junkie, but sometimes potato chips or anything salty/crunchy will trigger an all out episode of "just this once" or "who cares" eating for the rest of the day. Ice cream disappears and I get cravings for pizza (every month- go figure!).

I've tried doing this with the meetings (never felt like I clicked with the group) and alone (fell off the wagon), so I'm hoping that when I do get in those states where I just want to keep eating (and not for hunger), that this forum will help quell or at least quiet the urge. I don't know that it will ever go away and sometimes I find that depressing. I'm still coming to grips with the reality that I will probably always have to pay attention to my relationship with food.

Hope the week goes well, it seems to be off to a good start on my end.

later,

KPFBMom
09-12-2007, 12:42 AM
likenoother, Jar1965 & ruthannie - Thanks for the welcome. My weigh in day is Tuesday, but I have not gone back to meetings yet. I just can't face walking in that door and having gained back the weight I lost. So for now, I'm using this site as my support group. I definately think planning ahead is the trick, but by biggest problem is leftovers. My husband gets home late so when I clean up from dinner I have to put what's leftover away right away or I'll start to pick. So far so good. Hope you all have a good week.

:dancer:

jar1965
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Morning everyone! Wooooosh, I changed my exercise to mornings :faint:(today anyway)............So, I don't have much time - must get a move on. Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a good day.
Did anyone catch the Biggest Loser last night????? I did! How about the surprise black team with jillian?!?!?!? Can't wait till next Tuesday!

KPFBMom - Good Luck on getting back to meetings! I'm not a good meeting girl that is why I bought a good scale and come here every chance I get! I love it here! I also use my POINTS and brochures and slders that I have had for about 4 years! Every once in awhile if I need anything (WW journal) I get it on ebay!

Shay
09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
That reminds me I need to check in on some trackers I'm watching on e-bay. I watched the Biggest Loser last night and loved it. I love Bob!!! Jillian is alright. I do not like Kim. I was rooting for Amber until she starting saying she wanted to go home. She got her wish. Good for her that she lost 65 pounds at home. I like the black team part too. I'm rooting for individuals rather than teams this time. I like Lezlye. I think the football player guy will win.

I'm not a meeting person either. My weight is such a personal thing for me. I know I have it posted here for all the world to see but there is still a sense of anonymity here. Even though I hear it is very easy for people to learn your identity on websites like this. Let me believe in my false dreams.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Here's hoping for another one today.

ruthannie
09-12-2007, 11:38 PM
KPFBMom- I know what you mean about leftovers. My other half works the 2nd shift, so I eat dinner solo during the week. Some nights I cook and I always have to decide whether to leave something out for him to eat when he gets home hungry or pack it all up. If I leave it out and it's something tasty, I want to graze.

My bigger issue is with him coming home so late and me tired, but wanting to see him, I eat snacks to stay awake. I'm trying to be more disciplined about going to bed and just see him on the mornings I'm home. Big yawn right now- I guess it is time for me to go sleep. :yawn:

I've done ok today- couple points left for a little snackie with my evening meds and if I go to bed soon, I'll be safe.

see y'all tomorrow.

Shay
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good morning everyone!
Well I am so proud of myself. I exercised today. That makes it 2x this week. I am starting out slow. I did 20 mintues on the elliptical. I am really happy about that. My official weigh in is nearing and I am excited about that too. I will exercise again on Saturday. Not sure what I plan to do. Maybe lower body exercises on the stability ball with weights since I did upper body on Tuesday. I hope everyone has a great day.

ruthannie
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
:strong::bravo:

jar1965
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
:woohoo: Great job likenoother! Keep it up!

ruthannie - my husband works shifts too - he always wants me to sit with him while he eats at 11:30 at night and it is so hard not to eat with him! I also have trouble not grazing from 8 - 11:30 when he gets home! I'm better if I can just go to bed even if its to just watch t.v. around 9 - 9:30!

Well - I'm heading to bed! Night everyone~!

Shay
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone,
Getting in here late today. I am using my last few days of vacation to try to catch up on reading this pile of mags I have and to do some organizing and cleaning. I'm still doing well. I didn't win a tracker yet on e-bay. I'm watching a few more so we will see how that goes.

ruthannie
09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey gang,

Man am I bushed! :tired: We had a sub instructor in water aerobics this morning :swim:. Her work-outs are usually more intense (I used to be in her class, but schedule changed.). Anyway, it was a good workout, but I've been dragging ever since. :)

Just got back from running errands- grocery store, etc. The checker at the grocery commented on how many veggies I buy. She said not too many people buy many vegetables. At least she knew what everything was, usually I buy something they don't recognize, like raddichio or poblano peppers. I'm tired and have a pile of tomatoes waiting to be turned into salsa or canned plain. I don't know if that is going to happen today. :chef:

Maybe I'll go lie down for a bit and regroup. Maybe my energy will return. Maybe I will go to bed early tonight.

KPFBMom
09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone -

My computer wasn't working last night but I'm down 6 lbs.:carrot: Ran out early to my son's football game. No other plans this weekend so I should have no problem staying on program. I planned my meals for the week. I have this nice WW cookbook all recipies are either 15 min prep time or 5 ingredients. That's great for me because I work full time. Have to try and get out and walk. This site is really been a help to me. Thanks to all of you for your support. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.:wave:

Shay
09-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I haven't exercised yet but it's only a little before 5pm. Maybe I can do it during the 2nd half of the gator game.

Congrats on the weight loss KBFBMom! Six pounds..that's fantastic!

Ruthannie it seems you have some great Water Aerobics instructors. Granted I can do my own routine in the water but I would love to find a class that is challenging. Maybe I need to take a deep water one. The two I've taken: one bored me and the other was a Water Kickboxing class and I loved it but it was soooooooooo far out I should have never signed up for it.

I finally won a tracker. I kept watching a bunch then was forgetting to go back and bid on them. Or I was just outbid. I am good to go for a bit. The one I have has about a month left and then the new one is on the way.

jar1965
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
KPFBMom - wooohoooooo on the 6# loss!!!!