Old 09-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something wkend chat: sept 8-9

well i guess i'll start it off since i'm one of the few who has to work today...although i know john shares in my misery. Was exhausted last night and went to be relatively early. But that was good because i was actually able to get up at 6.20 this am and walk the dog for 35 min. It was beautiful this am...cool...about 65. Perfect walking weather. other than than..nothing really new to report. Now i must get ready for work. Thank goodness i have tomorrow off.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Have coffee...need more!!

Last edited by LBH; 09-08-2007 at 08:08 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

I don't even drink coffee and I agree with you Lauren.

GG, I am one of the lucky ones that have the privilage of working this weekend. Man I really dislike retail.

Hope you all have a good day today. Off to find caffine and food.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning,
Even though I did get to sleep in, I am still tired. I can't wait to get into the swing of things with school. I did get spend quality time with my dh last night. We went to the festival in town and walked around. For dinner I had a fish tail sandwich, and my dh and I split an order of ribbon fries. They looked like homemade potato chips. I had unsweet tea to drink. Then we listened to the Karorke (sorry sp) contest and left after the results. Came home and went right to bed. Today we are suppose to go watch the Ohio State game at our friend's house. But atleast I get to tag along and spend time with him and everyone. So I am not mad about that. Just hope I don't have this tired feeling all day long. Sad thing is I can't stand coffee, but might have to bring down and drink a cup of it. LOL
Hanna sounds like you had a really long day yesterday too. Hope you enjoy the weekend with your dh and Sean at the fair! I love going to fairs and walking around looking at all the different projects and animals. But I guess that goes back to my days in 4-H as a youngster.
Shelia, hope you have a restful weekend. You don't have any daycare kids today do you? My class is running me ragged right now. I guess until I get them into a routine I will feel tired all the time. How many kids do you have daily?
Laurie, glad to hear that your sitter is willing to stay with you for awhile longer. When do you take the little one for her testing? Sounds like your dh and you have tried everything to keep her. Hope things work out for your family. I know how attached you have become with her. It breaks my heart to see the effects of drug use on children who mom's didn't give a damn when they were pregnant. Hope you have a rather smooth weekend. Congrats on the 5 pounds lost!
Kerri glad you enjoyed your vacation! Welcome back!
Hi to everyone else. I have to go in search of some food for breakfast and maybe a little caffine. I will chat with you all later. Have a great Saturday!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning !

GG and Lisa I am sorry you have to go to work. sux!!!

Kerry glad you had a good time with DH last night, enjoy the weekend together!!!

I am getting ready to leave town, we are going to the fair, I thought it was the orange county fair, but its actually the Pomona one, I love the fair, I don't do well at all in the eating department, I love fair food. We are staying at the resort right next to the fair so we can just take it easy and not have to drive back tonight, we are taking our bathing suites and we will have a nice day at the pool tomorrow before heading back home. I think it is about a 2 hour drive, I am taking my knitting in the car!!!!

See you all either later tomorrow night or Monday!

Enjoy your weekend

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Isn't it funny, when you can sleep in you are wide awake and ready to go. Yes I was wide awake at 5 am, an hour before my weekday time of 6 am. Oh well, I went back to sleep for a little while at least.

Hanna, hope you are having a good time at the Fair.

All you worker bees, take it easy today!

I have gotten alot of house work done today and now I'm gonna take my daughter to get a haircut. I can finish housework any day, right?

Lauren, did you hear back from the job?

Everyone else, have a Great weekend.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi All ~

GG ~ don't you just love mornings like these? It's hard to get up and get moving but so worth it. Have fun tomorrow with DH.

Hi Lauren ~ are you living/sleeping in the new house yet?

Lisa ~ working weekends stinks! Thankfully, I haven't had to do that in a long, long time and I sure don't miss it. You must be putting in a lot more hours with the part-time job?

KAR ~ I hope that you take some time for yourself this weekend and get some good walks in.

Hannah ~ What a fun weekend excursion with the "fam." Enjoy!

Hi Alicia ~ I was so happy to read that DS is doing well. Yep, cleaning can wait. Spend the time with your daughter. Before you know it she won't want to be hanging out with mom on a Saturday so enjoy it while you can.

Good day on this end. DH surprised me this morning with my favorite coffee. I *love* hazelnut (yes ~ I know Lauren you detest the flavor;-) in my coffee. He went out bright and early this a.m. to pick up cinnamon rolls from the bakery and a big bottle of hazelnut syrup for my coffee. I came up from exercising to find a big frothy hazelnut latte waiting for me. We bought an expresso machine about 10 years ago and completely forgot about it until we started packing up boxes to move a few months back. Sure did make my morning! DH is in the kitchen right now whipping up his homemade pizzas for dinner while I'm sipping a glass of wine in anticipation.... My, how I've changed! 15 years ago I would have said that what was important in a marriage is a man that brought home flowers (which mine still does) and was "romantic." These days I'd never say that... a man that can cook *and* put the seat down is a true keeper;-). I've got a good one.

I think that I've already had a little too much wine (on an empty stomach) so better quit typing and go eat a few crackers ~ Hugs, Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #8  
LBH

Joan!! I love you! I don't even remember saying I hated hazelnut and you remembered! I have a *horrible* memory!

The house is coming along sloooowly. It doesn't help that it's hot and who wants to work in the heat with no a/c? On a good note, I called the AHS people, that's the home warranty. They are sending an a/c guy at 2:30 Monday and a plumber at 4:30 Monday. So hopefully I'll have a/c and working plumbing by end of day Monday, or at least early in the week! I'll take at least A/C!

I scraped some of the wallpaper off the main bathroom wall and found bubblegum/pepto pink walls! I guess if nothing else, it'll tone down the rest of the pink for now.

Have a good night!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Joan, I'm jealous, DH sounds like such a sweetie. Coffee, cinnamon rolls and now homemade pizza. WOW. I remember when I was serious, ahem, about losing the weight and DH brought home an apple pie with caramel drizzled on top and some KK dohnuts and jerky, lol.

Lauren, why is it when you buy a new house the AC doesn't work. It has been hot here also the past couple of days.

Took the kids to the mall. DD got her haircut. Do you believe JCPennys charges $24 to cut a 12 year olds hair? Didn't even get it blowed or styled. While we were there my son found a pair of Heely's at the mall. He has wanted them for 2 years. They were selling for a really good price so I coundn't resist. The funny part is poor DS has absolutely no coordination. I hope he doesn't break anything, like a limb.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Off to finish laundry.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #10  

Joan, I am sooo jealous. My DH soooo does NOT cook. How I wish... I will come home late from work sometimes after he has been home an hour and he says. "whats for dinner?' GRRRR!

He did spend all day putting our new home gym together though. So, I guess Ill take what I can get. Maybe I will copy and paste your post in an email to him to remind him what he SHOULD be doing.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...work was pretty good. Busy but not insane. It was a very productive day...got lots done and even had a nice long lunch break. I'm looking forward to my day off with dh. Dh has his moments of "romance". He does cook..although i live for his grilling...he has a mean grill. And when i have a really rough day..he's meeting me with a glass of his famous margaritas. It may not be flowers...but its just as good (:

too bad my football game is only on ppv...but that's alright..i'm listening to it via internet radio..not as good...but it works.

lisa - how i hate working a lot of weekends..but that's life huh?
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi all its about 8:30 pm and I'm still at work I was up at 6:30am to go to work. Justed finished up my paperwork. Today was a mess **** this weeks been a mess and then on top of it my best friends BIL had a massive heart attack 3 clogged arties hes alive anyway got to go.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #13  
LBH

Mornin'!

John, Sorry about BF's BIL. Hope he's OK!

Alicia, You reminded me I want to get a haircut today...
Would you believe that the people that lived there didn't have A/C for the 14 yrs. they lived there?! LAZY!! You should see the gaping hole we found in the waste line for the kitchen sink in the basement! It was DUCT TAPED! WTH?! We had to take all the duct tape off, because the girl from AHS said that it might not be covered if the duct tape is on it, because it would be considered a "faulty repair" or something. I'm not kidding when I say there is a hole about a foot and a half long on the underside of the galvanized pipe! I hope the plumber just comes in and replaces the all the plumbing with PVC. He's gonna die when he sees it.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #14  

Gosh, Lauren!! That sux! Take some time away today and de-stress. Hope you get a good haircut. I like my stylist but Im always afraid of people near my hair with scissors. You never know what they are gonna do.

Did a HARD workout today. Kicked my own butt with an hour and a half in my new "gym". I loved it. There are so many new things to do. I dont think Ill get bored now.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, as my grandpa would say: "they were woodbutchers". Well I know that they weren't dealing with wood ~ but you get the idea. Hope they can fix it in one trip.

Well off to get ready for work.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote