Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #266

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #266

Marti
09-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support:grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

FrouFrou
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Hello ladies...

What a week so far, ugh! Will be glad when it's over!

MARTI...hope the evaluation goes well. I have faith that you will make your 3 pound goal this month, very doable. I too set my alarm to get up early to walk first thing, at 5:20 to be exact, ugh! I hate getting up that early but once I am up and going I am fine. Funny thing...even on the days I don't set the alarm, I wake up at that time, lol.

PINKJANE...woohoo! Almost time for you vacation! :carrot:And...hope you had a nice time shopping. Thank you! I am feeling better, or was until yesterday when I ripped my thumbnail half off, OUCH! Still sore today, and throbbing. Hopefully, DS learned his lesson. I can remember the first time I got drunk...think it was basically a night like his, lol. But I was drinking screwdrivers, ick! Sooooo long ago.

SUE...thinking of you and your mom today. :hug: And thank you...it was nice to finally see those scales go down! I am impressed lady. 125 miles in August and with days off, that is an impressive total...:bravo: And hey, any WI where there is no gain, is always a good WI!

JANE...thank you as well. Sorry to hear about your laptop...hope it's not anything too bad. A tript o Chicago with your friend will be nice for sure. Hey, is it next week or the week after when you and Neal go away?

TAMMY...good luck with the test. It is nice to know the training nurses get...always up to date. Makes me feel better going to the doc/hospital for sure.

MINDEE...keeping good thoughts for the walls to come down. That would be perfect for you guys...lots of room. Gald your weekend was a blast. And...you'll make your goal in no time at all! Not too far from it missy.

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUSAN, MICHELLE, JODI, TINA, ahhhhhh, who am I missing? I know I always miss some so sorry about that ladies.

Did my wally world thing today. Got a late start to the day...instead of doing my walk this morning, since it was supposed to rain, and didn't. I thought I would take the opportunity to sleep in, lol. Man, I didn't want to get up either, lol. So going to do a 3 mile walk this evening about 9'ish or so. I don't think anything is on the boob tube so...will make me sleep better. Doing so so with the eating-I hate that. I think because I lose a little I can mess up and eat anything.

Oh, question: Has anyone read the book Skinny *****? I've been reading it and let me tell ya...it is making me not want to eat or drink a lot of things! Mainly my diet coke! I have always known that it is not good for ya, but I am addicted to it. I just didn't know though to the extent of how bad it really is, or was just ignoring the facts because I wanted it. I have a 2 ltr in the kitchen, well, part of one and when that is gone I will not have anymore in the house. I am not sure what I will drink...water, for sure and tea but I am afraid of all the sweeteners. I will definitely be reading labels more and throwing some stuff out. Something I should have done a long time ago. I'm not saying I will never have another diet coke, because I know I will...I just won't keep any in the house.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug: :wave:

sz2atheart
09-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow Cristina!!! I love everything about your house. The colors are beautiful!! You were so smart to jump right in with lots of color. I lived with all white walls for 4 yrs too scared to try a little color. Josh's room looks great and I love the colors of your bedroom. I'm crazy about the colors in your dining room and living room and I had to take a peek at all the pics, not just the slide show. That plant ledge in the living room is to die for. Girl....you have been busy!!! The yard is fabulous. Geez, how big is that yard??? I can say enough about how beautiful it all is. Did I say that I love all the color!!! (how many times did I use the word color?) I wasn't going to post anything tonight, just lurk a little cause I'm so tired from work today but you really wowwwwed me. You must be so proud. It's all very lovely. Now, how much does a plane ticket to MD cost. I've got 107,000 Capitol One miles to use. I'll fly you here in a heartbeat so you can help me decorate!! Ok, now I've got myself too excited to sleep. I'll be dreaming of painting my walls tonight.

Sassy_Chick
09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Cristina -- Yeah I have read that book. It was interesting, that is for sure! Your house is gorgeous and I'm completely and totally jealous! lol. But when we get our house, I know who to come to for decorating ideas! Wow! You guys did a wonderful job! :cheer2:

I'm just enjoying being off from work! Yippee! lol. I need to clean this place from top to bottom this weekend. Cleaning burns calories, right? :D lol.

We got some rain today! Not a lot but some! :rain:

Have a Great Weekend!

:hug:

tommysgirl18
09-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Hello ladies! How are you all doing? Nothing new on this end! They came out and fixed the bath tub! (And I noticed the other day that they were hauling carpet to the dumpster. I wasn't sure if it was from next door or up above us....turns out it is from next door! So, hopefully they are going to knock down the walls, and not put another tenant in there)

Marti~ I hope your evaluation goes well!

Cristina~ I actually went and peeked into the windows of the bedroom of the unit next door since they had the blinds in the living room closed. (That is how I noticed that they pulled the carpet out of there) The big bedroom looks like it is smaller then ours.....but hey, if they do knock the walls down, we would find some way to manage! I haven't read that book, but I think I am going to see about picking up a copy now! Love the pictures!!

Tammy~ How are you doing?

Sassy~ How are you doing? It is great to be on a vacation, isn't it? I loved our little mini-vacations when we went to Ohio!

Hello to all those that I missed! I hope you all have a great weekend!!

jules1216
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Cristina--love the house!! The colors are beautiful!! Tony was in Kuwait on Sunday getting ready to come home--haven't heard anything yet but he is to be here soon. He doesn't have to go back to Iraq. He actually is re-enlisting and going to be be trained to be an Army Ranger. The brother of a coworker/friend (I used to babysit both) Is leaving for Iraq. He is 32 and has been in the military forever. He works on Apaches. He has been to Kosovo and Korea and now will be in Iraq. He has a little boy and his wife is pregnant with their daughter.

Tammy--when Cristina is done helping you I will drive down an pick you both up to come help me!! We can go to the beach first!!

Sassy--hey there lady!!

Mindee--hopefully you will get a good tenant--the 30 something couple that moved into the unit below DD are not very nice. She LOVES the old couple in the other first floor apartment. A new tenant moved in on the 2nd floor with her--her boyfriend is jealous cause it is a cute well built guy -- dd says she doesn't go for too skinny or too buff guys so he has nothing to worry about and the guy has a really cute girlfriend.

Gotta go to the tax office, post office, bank, eye appt, Teri's baby dr appt and a bunch of other stuff!!

Jane
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Jules - thank you for the card, and especially for what you wrote. :hug:

PJ - we've stayed at Pop Century, and really like it there. In March, we're staying at All Star Movies, in the Woody building. DGD Makenzie is crazy for Woody, lol.

Mindee - the company had said the 14th, then I got an email with a late September date, so I've lost faith in them, and cancelled the order.

Marti - how'd the evaluation go? Hope you get a nice raise.

Cristina - I'm going to North Carolina next Thursday through Sunday. Neal and I are going to KY Lake at the end of the month. We were supposed to go over our anniversary to Lake Barkley, but that got changed. I've never read Skinny Bee-Otch, lol, but it makes me glad I don't drink pop. We don't have a bookstore here, but if it's at Walmart, I'll check it out. Your home is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

Well, it's not bad enough that my laptop is fried, now the internet won't work on our desktop computer when I sign in, but on Neal's site, it does. :dizzy: I use Internet Explorer, and he used Firefox, so that has to be the difference. When I leave here, I'm going to try Firefox at my own sign-in site. Sheesh!

We have some storms coming this way, but at least they're bringing cooler temps. Always something to be thankful for, right?

Have a good one, ladies. :)

suetalks
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Good Friday afternoon...It is rainy but very muggy here. We thought we could turn off the air, but it might have to come back on soon. No bike ride due to the rain this morning.
I made meat balls for a family BD for tomorrow and 2 cheese logs. Cleaned up the kitchen and just got finished with a few pieces of cheese with crackers. Calling that lunch. :)
I need to iron...ugh, so that is where I am off to ASAP.

Cristina- I love your house and decor. The colors are so gorgeous...I, like some others have said, need you here. I am so used to playing it "safe" with my colors: neutrals. Gold was my first choice for the living room walls here, but I was convinced to paint everything the same and didn't want gold throughout the house. (Prices to get each room different were outrageous) We kept saying we could always change the colors later...so will see what DH says if I say I am ready to change them. HA.
Jules- Wow...you are one busy lady. Hope you got everything done. Good to see you!!

Mindee- Yay on getting the bathroom fixed. Now I am holding good thoughts for your apt. addition. Would you have the whole other apt. or just extra bedrooms? I just wondered how that would work. Sounds interesting anyway.

Tammy- Yowie on that test. I know you will do well, but that must be stressful. A good friend's daughter is a pediatric nurse in ICU and is always going to classes for new things, and certifications on monitors, etc.
Sassy- Hello and continue enjoying your time off. Cleaning can always wait. :)

Pink Jane- Have a good time on your trip and be careful.

OOPS, out of time. Hi to all the rest of you lovely ladies. BBL.

Jane
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Cristina - just wanted to make sure you know that no mods deleted the B-word in your post. It's one of those words that are automatically deleted by the server. Silly when it's part of a book title, right? :)

everyone - to check and see if a word will be deleted in your post, click on "Preview Post" and see what happens before you click on "Submit Reply". If it's unaccepable, you will see the astericks at that time. At last the word cocktail is no longer bleeped out, lol. Remember when I tried to use that word in a recipe a few years ago? :rofl:

FrouFrou
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello ladies...

First off, THANK YOU for all the kind comments on the house. :thanks: :hug: We did work our butts off for sure...still not done, lol.

TAMMY & JULES...sounds like a winner to me! :lol: I need a trip to the east coast and the beach for sure!

TAMMY...silly woman, you are too kind. But thank you for the kind words. :hug: And I would be more than happy to come to MD! I was afraid of color at one time...I think I watch too much of HGTV, lol! Not sure how big the yard is but we do have one of the bigger lots in the neighborhood. These cookie cutter homes have postage size yards. I like your house...I like the homes like that because they have more charm, character. V had what I called new home itis. And DD calls them cookie cutter homes. One day I would love to renovate a victorian home. I can dream can't I?

JULES...yay for Tony coming home! :woohoo: Bet he can't wait...knowing he is in Kuwait, he is almost there! :carrot: Josh comes home next month and he can't wait and neither can I! Lots of hugs to your friend...will keep him and his wife/family in my prayers. :hug: :hug: Let us know how Ms Teri is and the baby.

JANE...I didn't realize there were two trips in the works. You guys will have a great time I know. You guys must be getting the storms we had. It did bring cooler temps, but man is it humid, ick.

SASSY...thank you missy! Hope you are enjoying your time off! And yeppers, house cleaning burns LOTS of calories! But don't over do it...it is your time off after all. :)

SUE...there was a time I was afraid of paint then thought, it's just paint, if I don't like it I can paint over it, lol. And we have! V is always joking that we have lost sq. ft. due to all the paint, lol. Not this house but the last one. I had thought about doing the whole house one color too but I think for me it was harder trying to choose one color that goes with everything than choosing different colors...besides, I LOVE color!

MINDEE...keeping my fingers crossed that they join your unit with the one next door. :crossed: And so glad to hear they fixed the tub.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods. I slept in this morning and felt like crap when I got up. I don't do mornings and I've said this all before. But sometimes I just want to sleep later than 5:30 darn it. I know thought if I do I feel worse than when I get up early...so why do it? :dunno: Anyway...I ran to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get some candles. They are the only place that have my wedding day scent and now they won't anymore. They had them on clearance and I bought them all, lol. So what to do when these are gone? Who knows...find another scent. :( Came home and went for my 3 mile walk...thought it was cool enough. Started out I was fine but a little into it, ick. It may be 77, cloudy with a breeze, it is humid. I kept on going though and actually did my walk in 9 minutes less than I normally do it...not bad. Also did my 2 mile WATP and now just getting laundry done. And now time for Jeopardy.

Take care ladies, and have a great day and weekend!

FrouFrou
09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
JANE...thanks for that. I didn't know that they had that little nifty gadget to do that. Does make it easier on the mods though. Funny thing is I almost didn't use the word but with it being the title of the book, I thought it would be fine. I'll have to check that out though...thanks again!

Sassy_Chick
09-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey all.

Well no house cleaning, at least today. My back is KILLING me........I think its the weather. Its supposed to storm. So just taking it easy tonight........

Mindee -- I'm not on vacation -- yet anyways. 3 more weeks yet and then we're off to Tennessee -- Smoky Mts. ;) No this is just my normal 4 nights off. I only work 3, 3 very long nights, but being off 4 makes up for it I suppose. lol.

Jules -- Hi Girlie! How are you?? :hug:

Sue -- Thanks Girlie. I like your idea about the cleaning waiting. ;) and it will have too anyways since my back is killing me. Guess my back is on "strike" at least for tonight. lol.

Cristina -- YVW. You guys sure did an excellent job on your house! I can only hope that DH & I can do as good when we buy our house! :D Yeah I won't over do it. My back won't let me! lol. :p

Hello to everybody else out there! :wave:

Did you all happen to see Paula Deen on Oprah? OMG it was so funny! I'm sure it will be on again. I happened to catch it on at 1:30 a.m. so I TiVoed it so DH could see it when he got home, cuz he likes Paula Deen too. She is just a riot! lol.

Also Don't forget your Grandparents on Sept. 9th -- Grandparents Day! :D

Well I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

tommysgirl18
09-08-2007, 03:25 AM
hello ladies.....nothing new on this end! we just went to dinner, then to wal-mart, and then came back home! I was in desperate need of new bras.....and kind of guessed on the size! Thankfully I hadn't gone with the 38D's that I had originally had in my hand, because they would have been too small! We are going to take the kids to a local park where Tommy's Masonic brothers will be doing what they call MIChip's which are child identification kits. From what I gather they do finger prints, I think a vocal thing, and who knows what else! We have been wanting to do this since they introduced it a while ago, and this is the first time that it has come close to us!

We actually did talk about Logan's birthday party and when we are going to do it. We had to talk to a couple of people first, but right now we are doing his birthday party on Saturday, October 13th, probably at 3pm. The weekend before, the 6th, we have a chili-cook off and fall ball from the campground. The weekend after, the 20th, Tommy has a bachelor party. And then the weekend of Logan's birthday, well, we have a wedding on the 26th, my aunt's pig roast on the 27th, and then his actual birthday on the 28th. We were going to do it on his birthday, but Tommy figures that he would be hung over from the wedding and the pig roast. The only other option was going to be the following weekend, which would make it the first weekend in November, but who knows!

Jules~ We are not really sure exactly what they are going to be doing with the unit next door. The office manager told us that the unit above us would be the last apartment that she puts anybody in, BUT she hasn't really put any body in any new apartments in a while! How is Terri doing?

Jane~ We use Firefox on our lap top. I have found that some sites don't like you using Internet Explorer, but love Firefox, and vice versa.

Sue~ We had rain here off and on as well. We went to Wal-Mart and did some walking around! I am going to be getting a pedometer soon though! I found one at Wal-Mart for $8! The way it would work with the apartment next door, is we would get the whole apartment, since it is a mirror image of our apartment. So, we would end up with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, two kitchens, two dining rooms (which would be turned into one big one since they are right next to each other) and then two living rooms (which again would be one big one since they are right next to each other). The office manager said that they could close off the other kitchen and put a door on it to make it a utility room. So, keep your fingers crossed that that is what they do!

Cristina~ Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed! It took them about five or six hours to fix it....but once the second guy came to help the first guy it kind of went a little faster! They even fixed the side wall by the bath tub because there was some mold on that. I ended up having to vaccuum the whole apartment, except for our room, because there was stuff tracked all over the place! We have a favorite scent as well....it is called Ocean Mist from Party Lite! We love that scent! When I used to sell the stuff, any time I got free candles they were mostly Ocean Mist. I used to through some Vanilla in there because Tommy's liked those.

Sassy~ We were going to go to Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains for our honeymoon. But ended up doing several small mini-honeymoons, with my sister and her family. My BIL has a Ford Lightning that he races, and so we ended up going to New Jersey for one of our mini-honeymoons. Then we went to Kentucky for another one.

hello to every one else.....I hope you all have a great weekend!

jules1216
09-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Mindee--if you find a good bra that lasts--let me know--I find that when I first get a new bra the "girls" are back up where they are suppossed to be but pretty quickly they are melting into my waist again!!

Sassy--my knees have been acting up--probably smething to do with the weight I have gained back!! Hubby's back and foot have been bothering him too. The wet humidity is as bad ad straight out rain on our aches and pains.

Cristina--The girl I know that does candles has the wedding day scent--I will see if she is still selling and send you some if she does.

Sue--I got almost everything done except the grocery store--our friend picked DH up and I met up with them at their house and stayed and played with the baby and enjoyed their company. Little Henry is now a three and a half months and is 20 pounds--his 6-9 month clothes are close to being out grown. He is really long too--I keep teasing his mom about her little bruiser.

Jane--yw for the card--thanks again for the grandma's brag book!! Teri's computer friend put firefox on her pc after she cleaned it up for her--the friend uses it on all her pc's/laptops.

Hi to eveyone else!! Teri is 25 weeks along and has gained 7 pounds, the baby is doing good and has a strong heartbeat. He is very active and her belly measurment was right where it should be.

FrouFrou
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Happy Saturday, Ladies...

JULES...good to know Teri and the baby are well. Bet you guys can't wait for the little guy to make his appearance.

MINDEE...I like the concept of a bunch of mini-honeymoons! We had one mini one...just went to Branson. I didn't want to go too far from home so...we ended up there. It was a nice get-away though and we enjoyed it...lots to do there. Wow, sounds like you guys have quite the busy month next month.

SASSY...forgot to say...I like the idea of a "free" vacation! I hope you guys can get a cabin...that would be soooo nice for sure. And....I am sure you and your hubby will make a very nice house!

JANE...ha, I tested it, lol. Couldn't think of any word except the b word and you were right! Lol

Hi to everyone else! Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

PINKJANE...hope you guys are having a blast!

Getting ready to jump in the shower once I get off here. Thought I would get on early since I will be busy later. Going to go to V's job...they are having an Open House and I have been curious to see what exactly it is he does. Not sure I want to...I may never fly again after this, lol.

Got my 3 miles in this morning thank goodness. It was supposed to rain and I am glad it didn't. It was nice and cool, felt good. But this wind does nothing for my allergies that are acting up. Also, did my 2 mile WATP and feeling pretty good. May even get some organizing done today!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Jane
09-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Hello all you ladies!

Today is another busy one - we're going out of town for a surprise retirement party for Neal's brother. That should be so much fun! I'm trying to finish up the laudry before we take off. Shoulda finished it yesterday, but I got distracted, lol.

Have a great day, ladies!

OH! Tomorrow is a surprise birthday party for a sister-in-law, Sarah, after church, so I'll just check in when I can. At least the internet is being agreeable today. :)

:grouphug: <---- from me to you gals.

Marti
09-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Quicky for me here too.....

James & I are off to do some shopping for the dogs. They're needing some food and then there is a town celebration of some sort so we may check that out.

Have a great weekend and I'll check in soon.

Sassy_Chick
09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Ladies.

Sleepy :yawn: and achy here. lol. I just woke up at 10 til 9!! I work nights, so on my nights off I keep my schedule, but I usually get up around 5 or 5:30 on my nights off and I did wake up at 5:30. I used the bathroom and my back was achin so I took some advil and went back to lie back down I THOUGHT for only an hour or so. HUH. I woke up and it was almost 9! WOW! But my back feels better. At least I can walk straight up now. When I woke up earlier I couldn't even stand up straight it hurt so bad. lol.

But on the good side of things we have gotten some rain. That explains my back hurting so bad and we're supposed to get more. But we desperately needed it, so that is a good thing, even if I have to ache a bit, its worth it cuz everything was so dry!

Well now talking to DH this morning after he got off of work, now he is debating whether if he wants to go to TN or not. :rolleyes: And they say women can't make up their minds! lol. But I can understand, we've been to TN loads of times, because his family is there of course and we love it there, so he kinda wants to go somewhere different. Maybe Kentucky or something.

Mindee -- Mini Vacations can be fun too. :) Where abouts in Kentucky did you all go too, if I may ask? Cuz DH was thinking going there instead now. We went to Wally World this morning after DH got off of work. We only went for a few things. A "few things" later we spent over $100! lol. Its like that comedian said, "you go in there for one or two things and end up coming out of there with a whole cart load of stuff." :p

Jules -- Yeah I'm sure my weight surely does not help my back. But it really gets bad when it begins raining, esp since we've had this dry spell. My back really hasn't been hurting that much, then with this rain coming in, wow! lol. I do need to lose the weight though, I know it would definitely help. Its heck getting old! and I get to be another year older the end of the month. Yippee! NOT. lol. :p Glad everything is going well with Teri and the baby. :)

Cristina -- yeah free is definitely good, but now my dear sweet husband has changed his mind. lol. So who knows where we'll end up now! lol. Oh well I don't mind, as long as we are together, doesn't make no difference to me! lol. Hope you have fun at V's open house. WTG on the walking! I need you to motivate me! lol. I also have the WATP's dvd, well its a version of it, its not exactly WATP, but same idea. lol. I think if I started doing that, even if only 3 x's a week or something, it would help. I just get so tired from working my long shifts, but I could do it on my nights off at least.......

Jane -- Have a good time at the retirement party!

Marti -- Have fun! :)

PinkSands
09-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Hello Ladies:wave:

It's late but wanted to check in...just finished packing, now all we need to do is pack the car in the AM...We head out at 6 am to get to the airport 2 hrs early, our flight is at 9:20 am We land at 1:00 pm and then on to check in and then off to the Magic Kingdom, extra magic hours tomorrow so we'll be there till Midnight...Monday is MGM, Tuesday Epcot, Wednesday Animal Kingdom, Thursday we are going to the Cape then Daytona Beach to say hello to the Atlantic and then on to St. Augustine we're doing the Ghosts and Gravestones tour that nite, Friday is Magic Kingdom all day and then Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that nite, Saturday is a do whatever day and Sunday back home BOOOOO!!!!! LOL keep an eye out for postcards and have a Great Week All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 1 day away!

tommysgirl18
09-09-2007, 03:28 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing? We decided to change Logan's birthday party to the first Saturday in November instead of the second weekend in October. It gives us more time to plan, AND more time for Logan to decide what he likes! He has already picked out five themes, so far. (Elmo, Monster Trucks, Happy Feet, Cars (the movie), and John Deere!) Now, if I can get him to pick one and stick with it......it would be so much easier!

We went to a local town on Saturday for their Arts & Apples Festival. We got the kids children identification kits done. It is really great! We have a print out with their finger prints, picture, information, and then it also came with a disc with the information on and a video sample if they were old enough. Along with all that, they did a cheek swab to get a DNA sample, and then they also gave us these things to get their teeth imprints on. It is well worth it....AND the best part.....it is good for 4 years! So, we will definitely be keeping up with this one! Brandon is 2'11", Logan is 2'5" (roughly), and Marissa is about 2'0". (which reminds me....I have to call and reschedule her doctor's appointment since Tommy's hours changed!) We ended up walking around for a good two hours, up hills and down hills on winding trails and every thing!

We left the festival and I wanted Tommy to go by the cemetary where my brothers and grandpa's partial ashes are buried. We get there and I got out and walked over to the grave sites. I looked at my grandpa's head stone and noticed that it was engraved with a passing date. I cleaned off the head stone, and then walked over to the other family plots and cleaned those off as well. At that point, Tommy got out of the van and walked over to my grandpa's plot. He goes "honey, did you check out the day that they have on here?" I said "yeah...what about it?" He said "uh, they have the wrong year on here." I said "are you serious?" He said "yeah, come check it out." So, I walked over there, and sure enough they have his passing date as May 4, 2005. He passed away a week to the day and time, to our wedding, in 2002! So, I called my mom to let her know and left her a couple of messages. Called a couple of my sisters and got nobody until I finally was able to get a hold of my oldest sister's husband....then a little later, my two sisters that I called earlier had returned my calls. Then I was able to get a hold of my mom, and she said "are you kidding?" I said "no" and she said that she was going to have to call my grandma because she had her half of my grandpa's ashes buried.

Tommy told me on Thursday, when he was at our friend's house using their shower, that he had to talk to me about his work. I said "what happened now?" He said "I will fill you in when I get home in a couple minutes, I am leaving here now." He gets home, and says "well, do you want the good news or the bad news?" I said "give me the bad news first." He said "well, I was almost let go of today." I said "ok...if that is the bad news, what is the good news then?" He said "well, I still have my job. I am just going to be doing welding instead of CNC. So, that means that I will be on the swing shift, meaning starting at noon, and ending at 9pm." I said "well, that isn't what I thought it was going to be." He then talked to his boss on Friday, and the GM for the plant wanted to let Tommy go along with the rest of the people working on his line, but his supervisor refused to let Tommy go....so that is why they switched him to a different machine and different shift.

Jules~ I ended up getting three sports bras for $8.88 and then a dressiet bra for our date nights and special occasions. (It is pink lacey with a little diamond jewel in between the girls) And that one was $9.94. My next bra that I want to get is a strapless one. They had one at Wal-mart that you could convert four or so different ways. The next thing I get as well, will be a pedometer!

Cristina~ The concept of the mini-honeymoons came from money being tight and not being able to take the big honeymoon that we wanted to take. And then at the time we were pit crew and help for my sister and her family....so we just decided to go along with them! How was the open house at V's work?

Jane~ How did those parties go? I love surprise parties!

Marti~ Have fun!

Sassy~ That sounds like our "few things" trips! We went to Bowling Green in Kentucky. Actually, that trip, we got to see Bowling Green, Ohio AND Bowling Green, Kentucky! My BIL was towing a trailer with his 2000 (I think) Ford Lightning truck that he races, and we were driving down the freeway and all of a sudden we heard this loud noise. We pull off the freeway and onto the off ramp to pull over, and we get out to find out that two of the tires on the trailer (on the SAME side of the trailer) had FALLEN OFF! Then a car pulls up behind us and a guy gets out. He then tells my hubby and my BIL that he had been following us since just about Toledo I think, and that is where the FIRST tire fell off! So, we had been driving from there to the Bowling Green exit on just three tires on the trailer!

PJ~ Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

Sassy_Chick
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi All.

Pink Jane -- I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

Mindee -- I'm glad that Tommy didn't lose his job, what a relief that must have been! Hope they can get your grandpa's date fixed. Wow that is amazing that you all drove that far on only 3 tires on the trailer! Glad that nobody was hurt!

Well I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday Evening/Night!

Jane
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristina - what are you planning to organize? I love organizing closets, kitchens, file cabinets, etc. Did you have a good time at V's job site? I like the idea of you going there, it will give you even more to talk about with your sweetie.

Marti - what kind of a city celebration was going on? Vincennes has had Civil War Days but we didn't go to it since it's been so darn humid, for one thing, and also because we didn't have time, anyway. Too many parties, lol.

Sassy - glad your back is better.

PJ - I know you aren't reading this. You're having fun at Magic Kingdom WITHOUT ME! Oh boo hoo!

Mindee - the monument company who did Neal's dad's headstone messed it up, too. It was supposed to say "Beloved husband and father" and they left the word husband out. His mom said that made it seem like he wasn't a good one. They corrected it, though.

Jules - my favorite bras are Playtex Secrets from Penneys. They're a little spendy - about $28.00 each, but I get mine when they're buy 1, get one 1/2 price. They don't have wires, but have a band underneath that hoists the girls up where they oughta be, lol. Trust me, it takes a good bra to do that dirty deed, lol. I also buy bras in all colors at plus-size shops, and panties to match.

I've partied all weekend, and although I didn't pig out or anything, I have eaten too much. Plus. I need more water.

Tomorrow I'm planning on not going to town at all. I just want to stay home and do some things that need done around here.

See you manana, chickas!

tommysgirl18
09-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Sassy~ We were really shocked that we somehow didn’t feel any difference when the first tire fell off. But, boy did we ever, when the second one fell off! We ended up pulling off the freeway, onto the off ramp, right in line with the Bowling Green State University Stadium bleachers!

I had actually finally gotten a hold of my mom and she told me that she would let my grandma know. So, I am not sure if it was an error on the company’s end or on my grandma’s when she had gotten the ashes buried.

Jane~ When I was looking at the head stone, I noticed that the five was bigger then the two 0’s that were in front of it. So, I was trying to figure out if they had put the year on and then just left the last number open because they didn’t know it or they forgot it. Either way, I am hoping that it gets fixed soon! Tommy said “if I get the number to the company I am going to call them up and read them the riot act! How dare they disrespect my grandfather-in-law!”

FrouFrou
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello ladies...

PINKJANE...hope you guys are having a blast!

SASSY...I agree with hubby...I am all for trying new and different places instead of going to the same place all the time. Although, Branson is one of my favorite places to go. There's so much to see there that it seems like a different place every time, lol. But like you said...all that matters is that you guys are together. Keep us posted though. Glad your back is better. Really, you would be amazed at what a difference just exercising 3 days a week would make. Like I've always said, you can start slow and even 15 mns. is a good start. Then you could work your way up. I know it's hard after working long hours...the last thing you want to do is exercise...but if you think of it as getting healthy rather than to lose weight it might help. But what do I know, lol...I'm definitely no expert. I just want to be as healthy as I can be when I get older and that is what keeps me going. I know one day I will slack off and not do as much but for now I will keep on truckin'! :D

MINDEE...they (the company) did that with my grandmas too. It was the companys mistake so they are supposed to fix it. Glad Tommy didn't lose his job!

JANE...trying to get the office and my little scrapbook table/corner organized. Actually, the table isn't so little, just a mess. I have a picture I found in a magazine that I am going to do...it will look cute and be organized to boot! And speaking of getting organized...

QUESTION: do any of you ladies recycle? If so, any tips would be appreciated. I am getting some bins to start that as well. I've been watching Living With Ed and it really got me to thinking...I need to do my part. We are changing all the light bulbs and who knows what next. Anywho...

Nothing much on the agenda for today. I did get my 3 miles and 2 mile WATP in. Boy, it was chilly this morning. I love the cooler temps but...gonna have to change my time that I walk soon I think. doing some more organizing in the basement and getting laundry done.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Take care ladies, and have good day! :hug:

Marti
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Good Morning gals--

Not a lot of time to chat but today is WI day and I managed to lose 2lbs from my last WI. :D I haven't weighed in for a couple weeks but hey.....it's still a loss.

Cristina--We recycle. I recycle as much as I can. We even switched out light bulbs to the energy saving bulbs. (I can't remember what they're called) Supposed to last for years. We've had these bulbs for 2 years so far and still going strong. I've been able to recycle enough that last time it was garbage day....I didn't have any trash to take out, didn't have enough!

Mindee--Sorry to hear about the headstone! My grandpa made my grandma's headstone. He was able to add little things he thought of that reminded him of her. It's a really nice one too. Hope they fix your grandpa's soon.

Jane--We didn't go to the celebration. James was sick all weekend so we pretty much stuck around the house. Which was ok with me....I enjoy lazy weekends! As for the evaluation....she had to put it on hold again. We're so short on people that she's having to go out to the floor herself and work. No news is good news right?

PJ--Have fun at WDW!! Wish I was with you!

Sassy--Sorry to hear about your back. Maybe do some core exercises to help strengthen it. That's what I've been telling my hubby and he tells me the same. If only I do it.

Jules-- It's amazing how time flys when someone is pregnant!! We have 5 girls at work who are pregnant. Seems like we just heard about them and now...one is due this month. :dizzy: Looking forward to see photos when he arrives.

I know there are more of you out there and I apologize for missin' ya. Hello to you and hope you have a good Monday.

Ok....now to rush to finish getting ready.

Have a great day.

Jane
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi ladies,

Mindee - just a thought, but you might want to tell Tommy that if you approach the company with a request rather than an irate demand, they'll probably fix the problem sooner and better. How's Logan doing with squirting the Cheerios?

Cristina - we take some items to the recycle center in town. Neal burns papers because he found out that's what they do with them anyway around here, so why haul them? And Neal takes apart old appliances and recycles the metal and such. My Katie has gone green. She's all about conservation, and I'm proud of her for it. OIC about the organizing. I bet it will be very nice when you get it done. Have you been able to do any scrapbooking? I imagine you've been much too busy. Thank you for the birthday card! It was so sweet. :hug:

Marti - YAY for the loss! I'm sure that when they do get around to your evaluation, it will be a good one. You've been such a team player, and are always there to help in a pinch! Hope James is feeling better.

Hello to Sassy, Sue, Jules, and all others reading this. :wave:

I'm waiting on Gina to bring Macy over. She's spending the night, then going out for lunch with my niece and me tomorrow. She'll be in school next year, and these mid-week sleepovers with her will be a thing of the past.

I've done better with the eating again today. How about you?

suetalks
09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Jane- I have done better with the eating today also...after a few days of throwing caution to the wind. Also rode 5 miles again after laying off of that. I have had some family *junk* and upheaval the past few days and the stress is what gets me EVERY time. I am not even weighing in since I go to the Dr. tomorrow..his scales suck, but at least I will know.

Marti- Way to go on the loss. How is James feeling? Better I hope.

Cristina- We have the light bulbs you mentioned in some of our lamps. I need to stop procrastinating and get them all re-placed. The builder put regular bulbs in all the overhead fixtures and we just haven't changed them. Quite an expense to do the whole house. I like the "good" ones in my reading lamps however. We got a shock today....in that our power bill was about half what we expected after the heat and all the A/C. We have an energy star system, but didn't know it would be that great.

Sassy- Take care of that back...don't get in the shape my Mom is in. She is hurting....mostly from pinched nerves and then throw in arthritis.

Mindee- Glad Tommy found out his job is safe. Wow...that headstone co. better learn to check their numbers.

PJ- I know you can't see this. Hope your trip is going well.

I have had some stress the last few days...trying to overcome that. Dr. appt. and also mammogram tomorrow. Mom has a full body bone scan Thurs. Eating has been out of whack...but today was better. I ate lots of tomatoes though as our neighbor keeps giving us bags full. LOL I had salad and cheese crackers for dinner.

Okay, off to shower and get ready for the dreaded Dr. exam tomorrow. Ugh.

FrouFrou
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Hello ladies...

Back again. Can't sleep but it seems I get on here and all of a sudden I am sleepy, lol.

SUE...lots of hugs. :hug::hug: Hoping your mom is well and you get back on track. You reminded me that I completely forgot to WI this morning, argh. Going to tomorrow for sure.

MARTI...WTG on the 2 pounds!

JANE...I've not done any scrapbooking in ages...been too busy with other things. It has taken the back burner for sure. Hoping once I get things organized it may be better. Right now the table is still covered with things that need to be put away. By the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bday2::bday2you::celebrate:

Anywho...guess I am going to head to bed. Not getting up early so that is good. Since I have errands to run and it is going to be cool thought I would go to the park and walk there a little later. Will be close to there anyway so...

Have a good Tuesday!

tommysgirl18
09-11-2007, 04:15 AM
hello ladies! how are you all doing? the lady came out on Monday and we made the zucchini casserole! It was interesting to say.....Logan liked it until he saw that Brandon wasn't liking it. Then he didn't want anything more to do with it. Brandon looked at it, thought the zucchini was a cucumber, and then when he realized that it wasn't a cucumber, he looked at me and said "I don't like it. I'm done." and got done off his chair.

Jane~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Thanks for that thought, so far I haven't heard any thing from my mom after she called my grandma. So, I will send her an email and see what is going on with it. Brandon is doing great with the peeing in the potty! He knows that if he at least tries, he gets a sticker and if he goes pee or poop that he gets two stickers. He hasn't pooped on the potty yet, but he has peed numerous times!

Cristina~ I am going to make sure that we make it out there again before winter to see if they had fixed it or not. I know in the spring time that I want to go and plant some flowers in the plant holders. My grandpa used to do it when he was alive, but when he passed away, no body else would do it.

Marti~ That sounds like an interesting head stone! It must have taken him a long time to get it done the way he wanted it to look.

Sue~ How did your doctor's appointment go?

we are trying to prepare ourselves for a possible funeral here in the coming weeks. Tommy's aunt/godmother, has been in the hospital for a little bit now. they were trying to finish off her dialysis but her body just wasn't letting it happen, and then they couldn't wake her from being unconscious. her son, who is in the service, had left and was headed to Wisconsin, was actually getting called back to Michigan because they were thinking of pulling the plug. we haven't heard anything more from his mom since Tommy talked to him last on Sunday evening. so, I am hoping that for Tommy's sake, and if something does happen, that his mom will call me first so that I can tell him at least here at home instead of getting a call while he is at work.

losinitin07
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Hello new here and struggling with weight ,I am sooo glad I found this site it is a great place to be. :ebike:more of this and less of this:hungry:I'm on a see food diet I see food and eat it. Thanks for the wonderful encourgement:woohoo:

Jane
09-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Good morning, ladies!

Thanks to Cristina and Mindee on the birthday greetings!

Mindee - sorry to hear about Tommy's aunt. Even when it's expected, it's hard to lose someone you love. Yay for Logan peein' in the potty. And yw for the recipe box. Let me know when you get it. It will be 2-3 weeks, they said. Seems like a long time to me.

Cristina - it seems that once I start scrapbooking, I'm in the groove for it for quite awhile. Well, since the group of us does it at church once a month, that helps. I set aside cute photos ahead of time, and find the neatest stickers.

Sue - hope you're having a stress-free day today.

losinitin07 - a big :welcome: to you! I think you'll like it here. :yes:

Macy spent the night with me, and we're headed to town in a little while for lunch with Carol. Then this evening, all the kids and DGKs will be here for more celebrating. I had breakfast with Mary and her family, so I guess you can say I'll be celebrating all day long. Woohoo! I like that! I'm just a big kid at heart, lol.

Gotta run. Have a good one, ladies!

Marti
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
:bday2you::bday2you: Happy Birthday Jane!!!!:bday2you::bday2you:

I'll be back later tonight to catch up. Just wanted to wish Jane a very Happy Birthday!!

FrouFrou
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello all...

Got a 4 mile walk in this morning. Not as early as usual since I had to run an errand and thought I would walk at the park. Always wanting to mix it up a bit. I know it's all walking but it is a different walk from the neighborhood and there are little hills so makes more of a work out for me. Also did my 2 mile WATP. Doing great with the water and eating so hoping for a good WI this Monday. Forgot to WI yesterday but did this morning and I am the same. I'll take that...anything is better than a gain for sure! Just gotta work harder this week. Other than that...not a lot going on.

MINDEE...hugs to you all and Tommy especially.

Hello and :welcome: losinit! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Have a good day all!

suetalks
09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
A quick peek in to say.....

:bday2you: :celebrate: Jane :balloons:

luckycharm
09-12-2007, 01:11 AM
:balloons::gift::celebrate::bday2you:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Jane
Happy Birthday to you

Hope that you have a great day.

Kathy

tommysgirl18
09-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Hello ladies....how are you all doing? Well, my MIL called me on Tuesday and let me know that they had taken Tommy's aunt off the machines, and were told that it would probably be within a few hours. Her body was already turning black (which I am guessing is from not enough circulation maybe?) and the whites of her eyes were turning yellow from not being able to finish her dialysis. Tuesday night, Tommy had called his mom and told her to call me with any of the details as far as when and all that. He said that he did not want to find out while he was at work, he would much rather have me tell him here at home. Which is what I was hoping for, because it would be easier to gage how he is doing while he is here with me.

Los~ Welcome to the group! I can't wait to get to know you better! My name is Mindee, and I am married to Tommy. We have three great kids. Brandon, who will be 3 1/2 next month, Logan, who will be 2 at the end of next month, and Marissa, who will be six months next month!

Jane~ Right now, this is going to be a hard one on him. But when his dad passes away (hopefully not for a long long time) it is really going to crush him. So, I am hoping that when his aunt does pass, that we can brace ourselves for anything else that comes our way. (they always say that deaths come in threes....but I have also heard that as far as births as well, but nobody we know is pregnant) I will be sure to let you know when I get it. Happy Birthday!!

Cristina~ Thanks for the hugs.

Marti~ How are you doing?

Sue~ I heard a new song by Jo Dee Messina today. It is called "Biker Chick" and you were the first person that I thought of!

Jane
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti, Sue and Kathy, thank you for the bd greetings. Kathy - please stay around and post more often!

MaryKate - ah ha! I know you're reading these posts, missy, so please pop in and tell everyone hello. We miss you!

Mindee - I'm thinking of you while you wait for news of your aunt. Something tells me that by now you already have heard. All you can do is be there for Tommy, and listen to him when he wants to reminisce about her.

Cristina - yay for maintaining, and I bet you'll show a loss next time.

I had a great birthday. The family was all here, and we had fun. The weather is absolutely gorgeous - mid 70's! Neal and I are headed to the Amish restaurant this evening for our anniversary. Did I tell you guys that I asked for something special for my anniversary and got to pick it out? It's an electric leaf blower. WooHoo, I love it! Neal also gave me $$ to buy something that catches my eye. Who knows, it might be a hand tool, haha.

See ya later, :hug:

FrouFrou
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello ladies...

MINDEE...thinking of you and your family today. :hug:

HIYA KATHY! :wave: Good to see you posting!

JANE...glad you had a great birthday and anniversary.

TINA...if you are out there lurking missy please post! Have a favor to ask, lol. Could you post your before and after pictures? The ones you had posted before. I had copied them and thought I had made a copy to post on my little motivation poster by my treadmill! PLEASE & THANKYOU!

HI to everyone else!

Same old stuff for me, different day. Went for my 3 mile walk and did my 2 mile WATP. Going to take Ernie dog for a little walk in a few minutes. I need to get back in that habit because he loves to walk. I would take him on my walk ,or at least half of it but he's so old he wouldn't make it. Just going down the street the little way he goes, he comes back tired. But anything to keep me moving. Some days I think I could walk all day but I don't want to over do it. Anywho...

Have some laundry to get done. See ya :wave:

Marti
09-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Good Morning Ladies

I did my 2miles this morning and had a simple breakfast. I have no coffee here at home so I'm antsy about that. Actually haven't bought any for a week......need to get some soon, work coffee is just not the same.

A big warm welcome to Losinit!! :welcome2: Hope you enjoy it here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more.

Jane--I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Sounds like it was a blast. And a leaf blower?? I can picture you now Jane....why don't you come over and do my yard? :D

Cristina--I need to print out some before and afters of people myself. Great motivator! I should really hang up photos of myself when I was thinner.....make it something to strive for.

Mindee--Many hugs for you and your family.

Kathy--Why hello! :wave: Come back more often, miss ya posting.

Sue--I hope your Dr's visit isn't so bad. You're doing so great w/your exercise and weight loss, I'm sure he'll be proud of you for that!

Hello to the rest of you gals. :wave:

We're half way through the week right? This week is just dragging along for me.

I finally got my evaluation (Monday evening) and it was surprisingly very good. I knew I do ok, but the things that were said of me were unexpected and wonderful to hear. Who knew I was thought of that way? Make it easier to to the job.

Ok....time is slipping by quickly and I still need to finish getting ready for work so off I go.

Have a great day everyone.

sz2atheart
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Just flying by here and realized that I missed Jane's birthday :yikes:

:bday2you: :balloons: :celebrate: :woo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE, HOPE IT WAS HAPPY!!

suetalks
09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Thank you all for your good wishes. Still in a funk and I don't even want to go in to it here right now.
My Dr. visit was great as I had no complaints for him at all. I told him about the biking and he was pleased...told him I am convinced that is why I feel so well. Then I told him I am not losing large amounts of weight, but seem to be toning up. He just said keep it up and then see.....I also mentioned to him that I was not being as good with food as I was with biking. He told me to not be too hard on myself and just do what I could. That I am going in the right direction. So, I felt pretty good about that visit. Now, if my tests come back okay I will be happy...mammo and paps.
I opted not to medicate for the stress but try to tough it out. (and he also recognized that being stressed isn't always an easy time to eat right.)
His scales had me 4.9 pounds down from my last check-up, but he wasn't aware of the 11 pounds I gained and lost over the winter. (and to think if I hadn't gained I would be 11 pounds slimmer now....geeze)
Okay, enough of that "coulda, shoulda, woulda."
I ate okay today (mom baked a turkey breast) and rode 2 miles. Yesterday walked a mile and rode 2 miles. My joints are protesting the wet, cool weather, so I am slower than usual. It will all be good when the new bike gets here.
I am feeling better just by talking to you chicks......... I will get through this with all your good thoughts.

suetalks
09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Mindee- I haven't heard that song, but that is too cool.....:hug:

Sassy_Chick
09-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Hi Ladies.

Happy Belated Bday, Jane :bday2:

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes about my back. I was in a car accident years ago that resulted in a spinal injury, so unfortunately my back problem is here to stay. I know exercise can reduce my pain. I've heard it all from all the drs I've seen. So trust me I know what I "should" be doing. lol. I just can't get motivated or stay motivated to do it. So its my own stupid fault. lol.

Guess I need to get my own personal drill sergant :drill: don't I? and no I don't want one of you ladies showing up at my doorstep! Just teasing. :p lol.

Well take care girls and keep up the good work! :cheer2:

tommysgirl18
09-13-2007, 02:47 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we will be busy in the next coming days. Tommy’s aunt passed away on Wednesday morning. So, we will be going to the viewing on Friday and then the funeral is on Saturday morning. After we go to that, then we are going to go back up to the campground to a surprise 50th (I think) anniversary party for friends of Tommy’s parents.

Marissa had her 4 month check up on Wednesday morning! She is growing like a weed! She is 24 ½ inches long, 14 lbs. 7 oz. and her head circumference is 16 ¼ inches. She got her 4 month shots, she was a trooper! She only cried a little bit this time…..and got another dose of the oral Rotavirus vaccine.

We had an adventure so to speak when Tommy was at work. Brandon pointed out a bee to me in their bedroom, so I went in and killed it. I opened the video to throw it outside, and didn’t notice another one on the other side of the window. I slammed the window shot, and another bee popped down and landed on Brandon’s head. Before I could get close enough to swat it away, Brandon stuck his hand on top of the bee and it stung him on the head. I got close to shew it away, and it stung him again in the back of the head. So, I had to rush him into the bath room to give him a quick (and I mean really quick) hair cut so I could even see where he was stung at! I have been putting rubbing alcohol on it, so we didn’t have to make a run to the hospital. I described to Tommy over the phone what the sting sites looked like, and he said “with it turning purple and popping out like that means that he is allergic to them like me.” So, Tommy was going to Wal-Mart after work to pick up some more rubbing alcohol and diapers, so he was going to look for those Epi pens that they have. Which if I am not mistaken, don’t you need a prescription for one of those?

I called the office manager and told her about it. And her response to me was “they can’t come through any vents, the furnace or air conditioner. Did you leave trash on your porch?” I said “no, any trash that gets put on the porch goes right out to the dumpster. And I know that they are coming through the roof vent in the kitchen because that is where I have seen them come out of!” So, she is sending one of the maintenance guys over at 8:30am to check out all the vents and to see where they are coming from. I am going to make sure that they spray something in the siding, where we have seen the bees fly into, and then next thing we know, they are flying into our apartment! And when they do the spraying, we are going to make sure that we are not here!

just making this a quick post since Brandon is awake, and Tommy is home from work.

Jane
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Hiya ladies,

Thank you to Tammy and Sassy for the bd wishes! I had an absolute blast!

I'm in a big hurry here - today I'm flying to Atlanta, where I'll be meeting 3 other gals tomorrow, then we're roadtripping to Asheville, NC to meet 4 other women. We're staying at a cabin in the mountain through the weekend.
Should be loads of fun, don't you think so? Anyway, I have to finish packing.

If any of you need anything, holler at Marti, ok?

I love you guys! :hug: Have a good weekend!

Marti
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Hello ladies....

I got called into work early today due to a gal who has a sick child. I guess the the stomach flu is going around.

Jane--I'm envious!! I hope you have lots of fun w/the gals and you get lots of time to just talk. It would be so fun to get together with a bunch of girlfriends and just catch up!!
Enjoy every minute!!

Mindee--Hope the little one wasn't allergic. I've never heard of epi pens being sold w/o a prescription either. But you just never know these days.

Sassy--My hubby was in a bad car accident years ago to...which is why his back acts up. He getting tired of it also and had just mentioned the other day he wants to get some motivation to strengthen it by exercise. Hope your pain eases up for you.

Sue--Your test results have got to be good. Exercise helps so much. And you've been doing fabulous! I noticed big changes in my numbers when I started walking more.....I still need to work on the eating part but at least I'm making a dent somewhere. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Hello to all you other gals out there.

Anyone here watch the Biggest Loser? It's just shocking I tell ya, shocking! Keeps me wanting to move when I watch it. They motivate me.

Ok...I'm off. You all have a great night and just think...tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! :D:D:D:D

tommysgirl18
09-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Well, to add to every thing from yesterday….add a couple more things! Monday night, I believe it was, I got stung by a bee. Last night, as I already mentioned, Brandon got stung by a bee on top of his head. Which we came to find out that he is allergic to them! Well, add Tommy to that list as well. He got stung on the top of his left foot while he was getting his work boots on to go to work today! And since he is allergic to bees, it was a mad dash to get the rubbing alcohol to put on it! He took the rubbing alcohol to work with him, and of course his foot swelled up like Brandon’s bee sting spots did! So, now we are hoping that that is the end of it all!

Jane~ Have fun this weekend! The recipe box and cards came on Thursday, so I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to you for it! I am going to send out the papers from both the rolling pin and the one that came in yesterday. I am sending it out in the mail on Friday, so you should get it probably on Monday!

Marti~ I am going to ask their pediatrician if we can get a prescription for Epi pens for all three of them. I know that it is probably too early to get one for Logan and Marissa, but with the way the weather has been flucuating lately, I don't want to take any chances, especially since Tommy has been working different hours recently!

Sassy_Chick
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Good Morning, Ladies! :coffee:

Jane -- Hope you have fun!!!!!

Marti -- The flu is going around my work as well. Hope you don't get it! I'm tired of my back pain as well and I went through physical therapy and was even in a back brace, they showed me strengthening exercises that I should be doing, I know. I just have to get motivated and do them and continue to do them! lol. I hope your hubby feels better. I can sure sympathize with back pain, I know it is not fun.

Mindee -- Ohhhhhh I just hate bee's!!!!!! I am allergic as well so they scare me. lol. I was stung when I was little and swelled up big time and ever since then, they scare me. My DH kills the bees and I am the official spider killer (as long as they are not too big! lol) I hope all the bee stings heal up and there are no more for any of you!

I hope you all have a Wonderful Day!

FrouFrou
09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello ladies...

Not feeling so great today. Was on a roll with this exercise and today, nothing so far. These allergies have got me down for sure. The day is not over yet so I will get some kind of walk in.

MARTI...glad the evaluation went well. Hope James is feeling better.

MINDEE...sounds like there is a nest somewhere. You guys be careful with the bees...I hate bees!

HI SASSY, & JANE

HUGS to you SUE! :hug:

This weather is so weird...I actually have some windows open in the house. Not a good idea with these allergies but it is sooo cool...definitely don't need the air today. I don't even have the ceiling fans on.

Have a good weekend ladies! :wave:

tommysgirl18
09-15-2007, 03:18 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing? right now I am just checking my email quickly, so we can get some sleep tonight. then tomorrow will be a rough day, which we are prepared for. then off to the campground for a surprise anniversary party. the high for Saturday is only suppose to be 60 degrees or so, so it will be a day of great bundling!

Sassy~ Tommy got stung on his butt when he was younger, the one and only time that he had a butt, and so he had to get rubbed with rubbing alcohol to help keep it down! I am the bee killer, and Tommy is the spider killer....unless he is at work! Then it is mommy to the rescue! There was a bee in the window in the boys room this morning, so Brandon picked his bed up and moved it right behind the door so that it wouldn't be near the bee!

Cristina~ We are being extremely careful about the bees now. We haven't really seen that many since the guy caulked the opening in the siding where they kept flying to. I killed two bees last night before I went to bed, and only killed about two on Friday. But then again we weren't home that much either. But, I have noticed a difference since they caulked it! I hope you feel better soon!

FrouFrou
09-15-2007, 10:31 AM
MINDEE...maybe when they caulked the hole they trapped the bees in their nest inside the wall, so they are coming into your house. They should have sprayed something in the hole before caulking it, yikes. Hope you guys don't get anymore stings. Thinking of you guys today. Lots of hugs and prayers to you, Tommy & his family. Never easy losing a loved one. :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Up early this morning to get my butt back in gear. Felt like crap yesterday and only got in a half a mile walk, pathetic for me. For some reason though I woke up at 4 a.m. Went ahead and got up and got things done. I am sure I will be ready for a nap later though. Anywho...got my 3 mile walk in and my 2 mile WATP. Was dragging a little but I did it so...have laundry to do and will probably get lots of reading done today.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

suetalks
09-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Just a quick "hi" to you all. Let you know I am still kicking. It is very cool here this morning so I am waiting for the sun before I ride. Last evening I rode too late as the temps. had surely dropped. Brrr.. Gotta revise my schedules now.

Still not great here...hoping for a better week. Thanks for your hugs...

Marti
09-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Time to close this one and start a new one!

See ya at 267