Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Life getting in the way.

Yeah I'm still around and down 2 lbs. The kids have gone back to school and between soccer practices and games and well..life I haven't been posting.
I have changed one thing from last time I started this. This time I don't make 2 dinners every night. I decided that was a huge deterrant from this working. Instead I've snuck changes into dinner every night for us all. They don't even know it. Beef has been replaced with turkey or veggie meat. DH says it tastes different but good. I still don't admit to doing anything to it. See he "hates" turkey. (lol) Silly silly man. We have alot of chicken and veggies are everywhere. The kids like when I serve fruit with dinner or give them a sugarfree applesauce or jello with dinner. They think it's cool. So it's working much better than last time. Now all I need to do is get moving. I'd be down alot more if I'd get up off my big ole butt!!

Just checking in and letting you know I'm here..just not "here" much!
penor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey, sneaking stuff into your familys dinner is a must for me. I think I may have the most picky family ever to exist. They wont try anything new. They are very closeminded about food. It makes me crazy! I have done the sneaking of ground turkey meat, at times they dont notice at all. I also have to chop up peppers and onions really tiny so I can sneak them into the food. AND, if I can make my son stay out of the kitchen while I cook, I can sneak a whole lot easier. That way he isn't standing over my shoulder going "ooh that is gross" or "why you putting that in there" and so on. I have even pulled the kitchen chairs over to the kitchen doorway to block the entrance to the kitchen. "Get Out"! And let me frigging cook!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Penor,
Life is hard, you are right.
congrats on sneaking turkey and chicken in on the family, My husband is the same, he would eat red meat every day if possible. Not only is he the only one in the house who really likes it, he won't eat meals that don't have meat, so I end up making two meals sometimes a day, one for him and one for the rest of us, and yes it is expensive, but he doesn't think so. men, sheesh.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Penor - So proud of you! This was a huge obstacle for me but I now make one meal and everyone is still surviving!!!

Last night I did my trickiest thing so far...I made taco salads and instead of beef or chicken I snuck in the TVP crumbles. When mixed and cooked with the taco seasoning (reduced sodium - of course) you couldn't tell a difference. Seriously! Reduced the calories by over half and TVP crumbles are also FAT FREE! HUGE benefit over ground beef, buffalo, or even poultry! I'm thrilled. They're now going to be a regular part of our life in things where I can hide them instead of using meat.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Penor - So proud of you! This was a huge obstacle for me but I now make one meal and everyone is still surviving!!!

Last night I did my trickiest thing so far...I made taco salads and instead of beef or chicken I snuck in the TVP crumbles. When mixed and cooked with the taco seasoning (reduced sodium - of course) you couldn't tell a difference. Seriously! Reduced the calories by over half and TVP crumbles are also FAT FREE! HUGE benefit over ground beef, buffalo, or even poultry! I'm thrilled. They're now going to be a regular part of our life in things where I can hide them instead of using meat.
Yep the tacos/burritos is where I use the veggie "meat". DH said..well it tastes a little different but he liked it.(lol)I just told him it was the store brand of taco seasoning instead of the TacoBell/Ortega I usually buy. He bought it.(lol)
penor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great going Penor. It really is all about substitiutions. You do with out something or other, you ADD in something similar, only healthier. Way to go. Keep at it. Just keep going.

And as far as moving your tush, I found the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs to be excellent. They're easy to follow and quick. Before you know it, it's done. Or a short walk, 2 X a day. Or even just crank up the radio and dance like nobody's watching.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #7  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penor View Post
Yep the tacos/burritos is where I use the veggie "meat". DH said..well it tastes a little different but he liked it.(lol)I just told him it was the store brand of taco seasoning instead of the TacoBell/Ortega I usually buy. He bought it.(lol)
Let's just hope he doesn't read this or your secret will be out!!! :P
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote