LA Weight Loss - purple plan with no lites

View Full Version : purple plan with no lites

mandy0mander
09-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi Everyone!! What a great forum...I'm new here and have been enjoying all the advice. I have about 10-15 lbs to lose and joined LAWL last week. I started with the 2 day takeoff and then they put me on the green plan with lites. After the lites trial I asked for a plan without the lites and so was put on the purple plan with no lites. It seems like alot more food :) Does this seem right with you guys?

dolphn545
09-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Just wanted to say :welcome:
Can't help much with the food plan, but somebody else will be able to.

Heather115
09-05-2007, 08:22 AM
My understanding is that if you don't do lites, they bump you up a plan so you're getting enough protein, calories, etc.

Lynx
09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I will take a stab at this. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have been on the program 8 + months.
Each lite bar is between 170-180 calories with about 8 grams of protein. So if you are not doing lites, you have a deficit of 340-360 calories including 16 grams of protein. No matter what weight loss program we are on, for our bodies it is still calories in and calories out. There isn't a 350 calorie difference between the green plan and the gold plan and the protein servings are the same for green and gold. So that is why, I believe, that they need you to jump up to the purple plan when you are not doing lites.

mandy0mander
09-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks so much guys, great advice!

Mama Nicole
09-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Lynn........what happened to your avatar picture?

SWT97
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I am wondering what the purple plan consist of? I would like to try the program without the lites for the option.

LadyZaidi
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a HUGE favor to ask. I'm on Gold right now, but I'll be switching to Purple w/o lites as soon as I run out of bars. I don't have my old Purple book anymore, and I really need to know:

1) which protein servings differ between Purple and Gold and

2) what the Purple protein serving sizes are (only for portions that differ from Gold).

I know it's a LOT to ask someone to type up, but I'd be forever thankful. Or, if someone has a scanner and could scan it and email it to me at Ladyzaidi @ aol . com that would be equally appreciated.

lacorso
12-30-2007, 06:08 AM
i believe this is the correct portion size, it was sent to me some time ago..correct me if i am wrong guys...i will be starting back up on purple plan soon..:carrot:
2 P, 4 V, 3 Fruit, 2 S, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat

Protein portion sizes (raw wt, if cooked subtract one ounce) Non-vegetarian clients may select from the vegetarian protein list but it's recommended to do so in moderation.

Beef 6 oz; Calamari 7oz; Chicken Breast or ground white meat 8 oz
Cottage Cheese 3/4 c
Eggs - 3 whole large (6 per week max) or 3/4 c egg beaters
Ricotta Cheese, part skim 6 oz
Roast Beef (luncheon meat, low fat, low sodium, thin sliced) 8 slices
Shrimp 7 oz
Tuna, canned drained 6 oz
Turkey breast or ground white meat 7 oz

Veg Proteins
Beans anytype, bagged - 2 c
1% cottage cheese 3/4 c
Lentils - 2 c cooked
Miso - 5 oz
Nuts - 5 Tablespoons
Seeds - 5 Tablespoons
Peanut Butter - 3 Tablespoons
Vegetarian burger any variety 2
Vegetarian hot dog any variety 2

LadyZaidi
12-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Linda! You're a great help!

ontheupside
12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
would this be the appropriate plan for me? I am 10 pounds from goal and go to the gym for over 5hrs each week with cardio/weights and pilates...I dont want to use lites, would I be on this plan or red?? Thanks in advance, Im new here!

marzbe
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
would this be the appropriate plan for me? I am 10 pounds from goal and go to the gym for over 5hrs each week with cardio/weights and pilates...I dont want to use lites, would I be on this plan or red?? Thanks in advance, Im new here!

Red. I'm maintaining on red w/lites with the same type of workout habits. If you want to stay away from lites, I would add on an exta half protein before your workout. It'll make a difference in the energy you have.

ontheupside
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
So red plus half protein more on the days I work out only...NOT for maintennance, but weight loss....right? THANKS EVERYONE!

LadyZaidi
06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Tomorrow I'm finally switching from GOLD with bars to PURPLE without bars. If you are doing Purple w/o bars, I'd love to hear how it's going for you.

LadyZaidi
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Bump.

Still hoping to hear some feedback from those who are doing this plan. Thanks. :)

krjpy
06-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Hello, I am doing the purple at least for another 15-20 lbs when I will go to gold. I have 35 lbs to lose still and I work out 100+ minutes a day with 1 lite day of 50 minutes and 1 free day a week. (this is what I plan, I sometimes don't make it depending on the week)

I find that working out this much, I need to give it a little boost. If I am on a heavy workout day, then I add a 1/2 a protein and 1 Fruit to my day. The only difference between the Gold and the Purple is the serving size of the protein and if you are working out, you will need the protein, esp without the lights. I use the Luna bars occassionally (usually no more than 1 a day), which is partly why I need the boost of protein when I work out.

Good luck!