100 lb. Club - Biggest Loser On Tonight!!!

View Full Version : Biggest Loser On Tonight!!!

Sandi
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't who is a fan, but I am and it's on tonight!

The new season starts next Tuesday, but tonight is a check in with 13 previous contestants to see how they are doing now.

Should be a good one!

CLCSC145
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
THANK YOU, Sandi!!!!!!! I didn't realize it was starting again so soon. Yay!

lalique
09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I've never seen that show.
What channel is it on?

rockinrobin
09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh thank you Sandi. I saw something about that yesterday. I was going to post it, but completely forgot about it. And that was only since yesterday - scary.

It's the only show I ever watched last season. Lalique, it's on NBC.

lalique
09-04-2007, 08:56 PM
OK, thanks, I'm gonna try to catch it tonight. :)

Trazey34
09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
i just saw the listing for it! yay! I'm so excited to watch :)

last year i watched it WHILE EATING CANDY!!! ack!! what a moron! LOL

xJox
09-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Im gonna look for it. :) Thanks.

c_laura
09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm looking forward to it, I've been watching episodes on the style network and really enjoy the show.

I'm also looking forward to watching the new episodes while I work out beacuse my gym has TV's attached to the treadmills so I wont be tempted to eat/lounge while watching the people workout.

Glory87
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I saw a write-up in People (I think) - none of the people had maintained their weight loss (one chick I give a pass because she just had a baby). The rest of the maintenance stories just pull back the facade to show the reality - that show is just as make-believe as Battlestar Galactica. Those huge losses make it hard for normal people to lose weight - they get unrealistic expectations!

Lose weight like you plan to maintain weight loss. If you can't do it forever, the weight won't stay off. Very few people can exercise 6 hours a day and have a 100,000K incentive to lose weight, that's just not realistic.

tingirl
09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I just watched the show and it was very inspirational. I agree that in some ways it is unrealistic, but it is still inspirational to see people keep 100 + pounds off or a year or more. It was great to see how weight loss has totally changed lives and I think that is what we are all looking for. I personally love the show and will continue to watch it every week.

Heather
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
My sense was not that the ones featured didn't keep the weight off -- all are maintaining a weight loss AND talk about their new healthy lifestyles -- but nearly all did gain SOME weight back. I think that's something many people experience -- especially when they push to lose for a certain date/goal. They may tend to push themselves beyond what they can realistically maintain in those situations.

I wish they'd even acknowledged that.

I also wonder how many didn't keep any weight off... :( After all, the ones they had on are just a small number of all the people who've been on...

Cassie501107
09-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I watched it...I like seeing the "before" and "after" shots. I'd expect some of them to put some weight back on...have you all seen the eating/exercise program they have them on while at the ranch? Not something that's realistic or to be used over an extended period of time. I'd be interested to see where they are in, say, 10 years. :smug:

Sandi
09-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I love biggest loser more than anyone - but I wondered where Ryan was...found him http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=100411667&blogID=229723246

I appreciate his honesty, but now will be a tad less in awe (just a tad)

I don't think everyone was like this. Look at Pete - he's my hero!

Heather
09-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow. If Ryan's any example of those final weigh-ins then their final numbers aren't really... real... are they?

xJox
09-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Wow!

Glory87
09-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I watched it - however much I rail against this show, I am still the Biggest Loser's Biggest *****, I just love it. I cried 3 times. Pete and Wylie looked AMAZING.

Didn't like the host and how she had to fake like she knew the contestants. Whenever the contestants hugged her, I thought "why are you hugging that lady you don't even know?" I missed Caroline Rhea! So glad Gillian is back next season.

Thought Marty's proposal was kind of tacky - hey, I watched that season, he had a wife, she was on the show! I understand that people just fall in love, but still...just seems tacky to propose to Amy like that.

PS what kind of a baby name is Rex??

PPS still, loved the show

rockinrobin
09-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I only watched last season. It began when I was just in the throes of my own weight loss journey. So, it was only natural that I gravitated towards it, I suppose.

I enjoyed watching it a lot. Though, I knew they weren't losing weight in the "normal" way. I mean being in that environment, away from family and your job. Having those trainers and exercising all day long and having that kitchen and all those supplies right at your fingertips. Not to mention the monetary incentives. But nevertheless, I loved seeing the transformations right before my eyes. Especially those last before and afters.

I was extremelydisappointed that practically no one was able to maintain their full weightloss. Given the conditions in which they lost their weight, I wasn't totally shocked, but nevertheless, I was throroughly bummed out. :(

But without a doubt, I'll be tuned in again this year. :)

hellokitty81668
09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I watched until Willie, then I feel asleep :D. I like some of you enjoy the show, because it motivates me to loose weight, but at the same time, I know they are loosing at an unrealistic rate. Sandi thanks for Ryan's blog, that was an eyeopener. I too know that Marty was married when he was on the show, it shouldn't have been on t.v.
I will watch again, just to motivate my weight loss, but do I think it is healthy to loose 10-20 lbs a week? no. Who is going to exercise 4-6 hrs a day? I would love to see a show , that is realistic, a slow weight loss, with the person's eating plan showed. For the biggest losser, you can join their websitefor a fee, and learn eating plans and weight loss how to's.
I will stick to loosing wieght 2 lbs a week, that is good enough for me.
cheryl

Pita09
09-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Ugggghhh!! I missed it! :mad:

I was a huge fan and I will try to catch it next week. I did read a very interesting article in Time about how the show is unrealistic and those huge weight losses that occur every week are the result of 5 to 6 hours of intense exercise and severe dehydration. I read how before the final show last season one girl only ate jello and asparagus for days and spent the day before jumping in and out of the sauna.

They do lose a lot of weight, but it's the maintenance that I'm most interested in. These people on the show are nothing more than what severe fad diets will do. Remember Oprah and the liquid diet?

Here is the article for those interested. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1627013,00.html

SkiniJeni
09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
The first time I saw the Biggest Loser was Jan 1st of this year. They did a marathon of the whole season. That day I started my diet and exercise program. It was my New Year's resolution to lose 60 pounds, that's my New Year's resolution every year, but I never keep it. This year I've already exceeded my goal I've lost 93 pounds!

That Biggest Loser marathon is what got me motivated to actually do it. It was the first time I saw real people who were my size lose weight. I've never believed those TV commercials or magazine ads. But watching the show you see it happen. It was the biggest motivation I've ever had.

I do agree they lose the weight too fast on the show, but it really is their own fault for not maitaining. It's a choice they make. If they wanted to keep it off they could. I believe anyone can lose weight and keep it off. I used to use any excuse I could for not doing it or why my body was different, my slow metabolism, blah, blah, blah. Once I gave up the excuses and the pitty party I lost the weight. It's hard, but it's worth it.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/slider-but3/lb/265/125/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Sandi
09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Has anyone seen the show FAT MARCH on ABC? I caught it for the 1st time this week. It started August 6th, so I have missed much of it - so surprised I hadn't heard not 1 word about it before.

12 people have 10 weeks to walk 500 miles. They can vote people off (who they think can't make it or are holding them back) but they don't have to. The more who finish, the more money they get.

Lorrie Henry: Trainer
Steve Pfiester: Trainer
Chantal: 35, 5'2", 250 pounds
Jami Lyn: 30, 5'9", 226 pounds
Kimberly: 39, 5'5", 225 pounds
Loralie: 30, 5'3", 233 pounds
Shea: 27, 5'7", 280 pounds
Wendy : 40, 5'6", 234 pounds
Anthony: 25, 6'3", 410 pounds
Matt: 36, 6'3", 386 pounds
Michael: 41, 6'2 1/2", 330 pounds
Sam: 22, 5'9", 371 pounds
Shane: 34, 6'0", 500 pounds
Will: 26, 6'2", 470 pounds

It seemed interesting. They do weigh them too. But it mostly about the journey.

Sandi
09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the link Pita...very interesting

"The best predictor of the ones who are not going to regain are the ones who are doing the most physical activity,"

We know this...we just need to beat it into our heads.

Jen415
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I can't log onto Ryan's MySpace (my work has the site blocked!). What did he say about it--has he regained his weight?

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 10:30 AM
last year i watched it WHILE EATING CANDY!!! ack!! what a moron! LOL

Same here!!!! Hubby and I would make all sorts of snacks or order pizza, plop down and watch...... how sad huh?

Okay - Marty was already married when he was on Biggest Loser???? So confused!!!!

I love the show and will still watch it - only I will make low cal/low sodium popcorn, tortilla pizza, fruit.......lol

SoulBliss
09-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Has anyone seen the show FAT MARCH on ABC? I caught it for the 1st time this week. It started August 6th, so I have missed much of it - so surprised I hadn't heard not 1 word about it before.

12 people have 10 weeks to walk 500 miles. They can vote people off (who they think can't make it or are holding them back) but they don't have to. The more who finish, the more money they get.

Lorrie Henry: Trainer
Steve Pfiester: Trainer
Chantal: 35, 5'2", 250 pounds
Jami Lyn: 30, 5'9", 226 pounds
Kimberly: 39, 5'5", 225 pounds
Loralie: 30, 5'3", 233 pounds
Shea: 27, 5'7", 280 pounds
Wendy : 40, 5'6", 234 pounds
Anthony: 25, 6'3", 410 pounds
Matt: 36, 6'3", 386 pounds
Michael: 41, 6'2 1/2", 330 pounds
Sam: 22, 5'9", 371 pounds
Shane: 34, 6'0", 500 pounds
Will: 26, 6'2", 470 pounds

It seemed interesting. They do weigh them too. But it mostly about the journey.

I was wondering why no one here had mentioned it too! I just watched all the episodes online. It's amazing how much weight the people lose with just walking (albeit a LOT!!!) and eating 2,000 calories a day!

jennylou
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I missed it last night. :(

Lovestorun
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched it! love the show too! Maybe I missed it-
why didn't Matt and Suzy weigh in. I know she just
had a baby but both look like the put alot back on?
Or is it just me?

I too am glad Jullian is back I like how tough she is
should be a great season- Already have my DVR set!

Glory87
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I can't log onto Ryan's MySpace (my work has the site blocked!). What did he say about it--has he regained his weight?

Here is the post from his MySpace:

What has your weight loss journey been like since the season 1 finale? Ups? Downs? Successes? Frustrations? Advice? Tips?

This has been an amazing/weird two years since winning the Biggest Loser. Going from such a high in winning the show, to being very depressed because I started falling back into some of the same eating habits I had before the show. To being on the highest of highs when my twin girls were born on 9/22/06. People say it all the time, but until you have children you really cannot know the effect they will have on you. Now that these two beautiful girls are here my resolve to give them the best and happiest life possible is stronger than ever, and I need to be here for that to happen, which means I need to be healthy.

What I now know is that the show was just a quick fix for me. It was fun for me to be on a reality show and I wanted to win it it just so happened that winning this show meant I had to lose a bunch of weight, so that's what I did. I worked my *** off on the show.

I wanted to win so bad that the last ten days before the final weigh-in I didn't eat one piece of solid food! If you've heard of "The Master Cleanse" that's what I did. Its basically drinking lemonade made with water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, pure maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. The rules of the show said we couldn't use any weight-loss drugs, well I didn't take any drugs, I just starved myself! Twenty-four hours before the final weigh-in I stopped putting ANYTHING in my body, liquid or solid, then I started using some old high school wrestling tricks. I wore a rubber suit while jogging on the treadmill, and then spent a lot of time in the steam room. In the final 24 hours I probably dropped 10-13 lbs in just pure water weight. By the time of the final weigh-in I was peeing blood.

Was this healthy? Heck no! My wife wanted to kill me if I didn't do it to myself first. But I was in a different place, I knew winning the show could put us in a better place financially and I was willing to do some crazy stuff. All this torture I put myself through has had no lasting effects on me (that I know of) and at the time it was sort of a fun adventure for me but I am sure it reeked havoc on my system.

In the five days after the show was over I gained about 32 lbs. Not from eating, just from getting my system back to normal (mostly re-hydrating myself). So in five days I was back up to 240 crazy!

So, in essence, I am the first to admit I didn't take from the show what I should have how to change my habits/lifestyle. I know how to lose weight better than most, I could tell anyone what to do to lose weight, what to eat, how to exercise, and there are no tricks/gimmicks. Its simple burn more calories than you take in.

Kinda obvious why this guy regained weight!

Soon2BFitChick
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm totally into TBL!!!! It motivates me more than any other show!!! I'm aware of the extreme they go to, etc, etc. But nothing has been more real on TV for weight loss if you ask me.

Whether or not the weight stays off is truly up to each person, I agree. They could all be even thinner now. If they were, then it's more real? Nah. The truth is these people like to eat. And the thinner you are the less you can eat in a day. Just because they gain some back doesn't mean they aren't still wayyyyyyyy fitter than they were and probably will stay healthier than they were b4 the show.

It's real that eating right and exercising makes u lose weight. They are demonstrating that. That's all I need to see to keep me wanting to watch it and I march in place or walk on my treadmill the whole time I'm watching it. It's great and I can't wait til Sept. 11 when it starts up again. :cp:

zoritsa
09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I watched the ending of The Biggest Loser reunion.I will definately catch parts of it again this year(can't watch the whole show because I have weapons class,and thats WAY more important,lol),but from the looks,the weight losses are going to be even more dramatic then last years.I really wish they'd take more time in showing how normal people can lose the weight at a slower rate.It wont stop me from watching though ;)

Oh,and I saw an episode of Fat March.I wish I had seen that from the start,because it would have probably motivated me sooner to get my legs walking more.

Anna829
09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I also wonder how many didn't keep any weight off... :( After all, the ones they had on are just a small number of all the people who've been on...

I know that if I had lost that weight on national television and gained it back, I would never agree to go back on the show to publicize my failing to keep the weight off. I think that would be humiliating. I've never seen the show, but I don't think I would be comfortable about dieting on national television and having the viewing public scrutinize your body, your diet, and your activities.

Anna829
09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I really wish they'd take more time in showing how normal people can lose the weight at a slower rate.It wont stop me from watching though ;)

But they don't care about reality. Sensationalism is what brings in viewers and advertising revenue. It's all about the almighty dollar. :D

thistoo
09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I love TBL. It's just inspirational to see people succeeding when you're trying to do the same thing. I do feel sorry for Matt, though. It is obvious that he has such a hard time keeping weight off (I know the feeling!) and I really feel for him. But he and Suzy look so happy and that was nice to see! I'm with everyone else about Marty and Amy, though. Good for them that they're happy, but way to celebrate the destruction of his first marriage.

I've tried to watch Fat March (I am such a junkie for weight loss shows) but they give so much airtime to Anthony's mean-spirited whining that I couldn't do it.

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I watched it! love the show too! Maybe I missed it-
why didn't Matt and Suzy weigh in. I know she just
had a baby but both look like the put alot back on?
Or is it just me?

I too am glad Jullian is back I like how tough she is
should be a great season- Already have my DVR set!

They did a video segment of Matt & Suzy. I read in my trusty People Magazine that they BOTH put weight back on when she was pregnant... he put back on over 100 and she put back on 60 or something like that.... but that they are both going back on diets to get off the weight that they put on. My ASSUMPTION (strictly an opinion) would be that either they couldn't come to the show because of the baby - or that they didn't want to weigh in again on National TV since they've both put back on so much weight.... at any rate - they don't weigh anywhere near what they did weigh when they first started TBL - and that's great for them! (and great for all the others that may have put back on some weight, but are still 60, 70, 100 pounds lighter than when they started TBL).

I am so excited that Jillian is coming back - should be an interesting show. I know that I cried just seeing the previews!!!! When the people talk about why they're wanting to lose weight (health, kids, family, etc) I lose it because I know exactly how they feel!!! :stress: should be a great season!

Shay
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Okay I said it in my blog and I will say it again here...Marty is an ***! He got so cocky after he lost his weight. Proposing on live television to the woman you left your wife for is just sorry. I can't say it any better. He just wanted the limelight. Matt and Suzy couldn't get it all again. So sad!

On a positive note....I love Wylie and Erik. Drea is alright but cocky too. All that long weave was too much for me!

dek6
09-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I love that show. And yeah no one is going to workout 6 hours a day. And some of them gained weight after leaving the show but it was only a few pounds. And they still look amazing. I have watched it every season and I am going to be sitting there next tuesday just like I was last night. ( well I tivo'd it) so I watched it this morning. BUt still. I am going to challenge myself to do the BIGGEST LOSER from home. I mean that I am going to weigh myself next tuesday and write it down and each week when they weigh in I am going to weigh in. I think that it will be great motivation.

I am going to write a contract and I am going to sign it and hang it right on my wall next to my size 10 jeans that are hanging up. and I am going to do it. The show is 3 months long. So lets see what I can do in three months.

rockinrobin
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Good for you Daphne. I was hooked on the show last year. It was right when I was in the beginning stages of my journey.

Remember though, the show is only aired for 3 months, but then they go home and have to come back quite a few months later, all the while keeping at it for the final weigh-in.

I've actually been thinking of you. How is school going?

Sandi
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I usually love Drea and I wasn't that impressed with her last night. Maybe it was the hair.

Jen415
09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe it's because her face looked REALLY thin....

It was good to see so many of them give back to others what was given to them through being personal trainers and doing adult and kid nutrition programs and such....

I didn't realize Marty was married last season??

Cassie501107
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Eek, I didn't know that about Marty. :o

rockinrobin
09-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I didn't realize it about Marty either. Yuck. They really shouldn't have showcased that little tidbit. But I guess they couldn't resist since both were contestants and all. Nevertheless - yuck.

eander5696
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I also love the before/after - its totally inspiring to see what you CAN do. I also don't agree that its realistic to keep it off the way they do it. Im going to do it, but Im going to take it slow this time.

I lost 60 lbs last year, gained 80 back.

Sigh.

Glory87
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I didn't realize Marty was married last season??

His wife was actually on the show that season - the cruise ship/food delivery challenge? According to contestant Kai's blog, Marty had already moved into Amy's room at the ranch at the time and it was Mary's wife making an appearance was awkward awkward awkward.

Trazey34
09-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I love this show LOL I would SOOOOOOOOOO sign up to do it!! There's a fun Canadian show called "X-Weighted" and they pick someone and follow them for 6 months, checking in at the mid point, it's really fun. They get measured & weighed, and a "life coach" kind of guy checks their wardrobe and hair, etc., and at the end they get a makeover! i love shows like that! I love having 6 months of hard work reduced to 1 hour LOL I wish that worked in real live :( grrrrrrr

I'm SOOO watching TBL this year, so motivational ~ I have the workout DVD and it's great, because it has BIGGIES doing the movements too so you don't feel like an idiot!

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
His wife was actually on the show that season - the cruise ship/food delivery challenge? According to contestant Kai's blog, Marty had already moved into Amy's room at the ranch at the time and it was Mary's wife making an appearance was awkward awkward awkward.

I had no clue and I totally agree that they shouldn't have showcased them getting engaged then. That's just disgusting and sick and wrong!!!! Shame on Marty.... I wouldn't have had an issue with it had he already been divorced .... OYE