Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default antisocial

my binges drive me to horrible antisocial behavior. i feel so miserable after binging that i don't want anyone to see me and i can't even count the number of times i've backed out of plans in the past year or so because of this. it's more than hiding what i eat or how much i eat... i just feel so hideous that i don't want anyone to see me at all.

i need to stop this binging... i HATE what it does to me in every aspect.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Yup, I can relate. I've made so many excuses to back out of plans when I'm in binge mode. I also have avoided seeing people for long periods of time because I had gained a lot of weight after bingeing for weeks/months.

I'm fairly certain that I've lost some good friendships over this. People just got sick of my excuses. I can't say that I blame them.

I'm trying to work on this and work on being more honest with the people who are close to me.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #3  

Yeah completely hear you. I haven't seen any friends for weeks. Not because I'm bingeing, in fact I'm losing, but because I'm losing *it* (my mind) as well, but its based in eating disordered rubbish.

I don't consider myself good enough to be with most people I think

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  

it's an odd comfort to know that other people feel and act like this too.

somewhere inside i know no one cares if i've lost or gained weight, if i'm feeling bloated or just *****y... but i do feel completely unworthy of people's company when i get like this.

i have plans with a friend tomorrow night, i'm seriously going to keep them.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default Hi Iris

Hi Iris,

Thank you for your post, reminding me of my own deep-seated tendency to isolate in COE mode.

And lately I find I want to isolate even without binge-eating. Scares me. I think it’s rooted in the fear I have currently because there is so much coming up for me that was buried beneath my food. I’ve been feeling negative, and isolating on that. If I keep that up, I’ll definitely overeat. I’m hiding in my work, and that’s not good either.

Other little tell tale signs of maybe setting myself up. Not drinking enough water – that’s a big one for me. And since I had the flu last week, I have not gone back to my exercise regime.

My overeating and binge-eating was all about isolation. I know I let people down and missed out on life-opportunities as a result.

Because of your post, I’m going to take a bit of action today – I’m going to show up at my AA meeting. I don’t want to, not sure I’ll keep my commitment, but I’ll try. I’ll take inspiration from your courage in meeting your friends tomorrow. Best wishes,
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #6  
Me at 160

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'5''

Wow,
I should have posted my intro. thread here because I'm feeling the same way.
Sometimes I come home after work and spend the rest of the evening in bed reading and sleeping and snacking. Uggh! I want to avoid the demands of my family when I'm doing this, or just looking for some time to myself after a hectic day at work or wanting to shut out the world.
I think that's why I eat mindlessly sometimes, as a distraction from my stress.

Last edited by 135again; 10-19-2007 at 09:37 PM.
135again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've definitely been there. Not only have I avoided seeing people but I've turned down plans just so I could stay home and binge (pretty sick, huh?). Its so hard to break the habit but I'm trying to just take it one day at a time.
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #8  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

i seriously don't know what i'd do without this website... i really don't. I've not had internet for a week and it's been hard enough living without 3fc for that amount of time. I feel like everyone here thinks in exactly the same way i do... it makes me feel less of a freak really. Knowing other people actually feel the same way. I would never have thought anyone else felt like me, like they had to isolate themselves when they over-eat because they feel so ashamed and like they've let everyone down including themselves. I'm so glad i have everyone here to help me through this. I don't know what i'd do if not...
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #9  

agreed... knowing there's other people out there and getting to talk to them makes me feel like less of a freak and more of a person who just has a problem.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby873 View Post
I've definitely been there. Not only have I avoided seeing people but I've turned down plans just so I could stay home and binge (pretty sick, huh?). Its so hard to break the habit but I'm trying to just take it one day at a time.
I've done this too. Then when I realize what I've done (stayed home to eat), I just eat more. The support here is very helpful - I'm so glad I found this site.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I saw this topic and it hit home for me. I don't post alot, when I do it's usually on the Depression board. Isolation was a HUGE issue for me, as was my ED. I still struggle with it. The weird thing was I was with people all day and everyone thought I was soooo well adjusted and outgoing. They didn't know what it's like to feel all alone in a room full of people or having the overwhelming need to be by yourself. My ED sprung from that. I ate because I was depressed, ate because I was alone, ate because I needed to do something, ate for every reason but physical hunger. It's a horrible, vicious cycle. I'd gain weight and then be embarrassed to see anyone. The thing is over the years I've yo-yoed and not one of my friends ever dumped me or said anything about it. It had no bearing on my relationships but I made it HUGE in my head.

I was a physical wreck because I was an emotional wreck. I'm learning it's okay to be by yourself to relax and collect yourself, but spending that time eating a large pizza is just a way to block out the thoughts in your head that you may need to deal with other issues. I still lose the battle sometimes, but it's becoming increasingly less frequent and I have hope now that one day it'll be a thing of my past and the woman that everyone sees, WILL be the real me.
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #12  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

I have the social graces of a drunken skunk. It has just been recently that I cringe at how much food I consume when I am out to eat.

I used to meet up with another driver when we were both in Laredo, Texas. We would go to this little chinese place and have lunch. I would easily eat five or seven two story plates. She owld have oen small dainty plate. I thought this is was terribly funny because she tipped the scales at 450 pounds. The last few weeks on the road I found myself not eating as much because I didn't want people to see how much I could eat. I had turned into my friend!

Okay so I doubt this has much to do with the thread but at least you know there is a drunk skunk posting around here if you start smelling something.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #13  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

actually, in the past, i would do binge-eating and afterwards feel sort of the same way as you do.. Not to mention the haunting GUILT!

I think how i'm conquering it now is that I diet using - zigzag calories, 6 days out of the week...... and I give myself 1 day Per week of having a "PIG OUT DAY" in that case, i feel like i'm still sticking to my diet. And it works! I think it helps my metabolism Not to slow down... hehe. It doesn't make me feel guilty either.

I hope that kind of helps. if not, i'm terribly sorry. I guess everyone works differently.

Last edited by kitkit; 09-23-2007 at 10:39 AM.
kitkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #14  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I know that isolating myself is something I do. I can certainly relate to this. I still do it and I fear that when I move into my first apartment by myself this weekend that I will continue. I guess it is an ongoing struggle but I have to conciously make and keep plans and not stay home to binge. I have definitely been known to stay home and have a plan to eat junk food.

It's an uphill battle but one that a lot of people struggle with. I find I have never once regretted keeping a plan when I have caught myself considering staying home instead to eat. I have always been very happy with the choice to visit a friend or go out or go on a walk or to the gym, whatever. At least I didnt consume a mountain of calories instead! But I have certainly regretted deciding to stay home to eat. I always do. I have to remind myself of that when I consider doing it again!

For me, a lot of rules do not work. I know it works for a lot of people. But i have realized over the years that rules and restrictions just cause a binge later. I try to just eat when I'm hungry and if I'm not hungry but want a treat, I do it conciously and enjoy it. There is nothing worse than wolfing down a treat and not even remembering how great it tasted. I konw for myself I enjoy treats and I dont want to live my life on a diet. I have come to the conclusion that in the end this is better for me but it doesnt work for everyone.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #15  

Wow.
I isolate as well to the point of telling my husband to go to functions without me and then I eat alone...usually everything in sight. I've even made myself sick.
I appreciate all the openess here. Hearing your similar experience is so helpful. Also I've lost friends and people I care about over my issues too.
Elliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote