Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies #27

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies #27

4myloves
09-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

4myloves
09-04-2007, 10:25 AM
And they are......

Janice
Sherry
Carol
Ramona
Vicki
Debbie
Titan Dee
Janelle
Wanda
LindaT

I realize there are some names from the way past listed here, and I also realize that I may have omitted someone-----though NOT INTENTIONALLY!!!

If any of you other Floozies have contact with those listed here, let them know we miss them!!

If I've left someone out that you remember, Add their name in a new thread!!

Deelite
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread and calling back all of our old friends.

Gayle that was a great article. Thanks for sharing.

I only came for a quick peak before swimming so I better get going.

alinnell
09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm glad to know I pop in enough that I'm not listed as MIA!!

4myloves
09-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Allison,

I don't think you'd ever actully qualify as "missing." I'm pretty sure I could round you up if you stayed away too long :lol:

Now, if you ever went missing from the 3fc site all together, I'd WORRY!!

gdeann
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks for posting the MIA's Cheryl! I miss Doni! I wonder how she is doing.

How is everyone? Staying on plan? I have a new goal, I have 8 weeks until Halloween, I want to be within 5 pounds of my goal, which means I need to lose roughly 2 pounds per week.

Deelite
09-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Gayle sounds doable but remember that the scale is only a number. Losing fat is what counts and we can't predict how fast the scale will go down. You are doing an awesome job!

gdeann
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I know Dee.... I can't help myself, I weigh daily and will often go 5-6 days without a change. I have found I will stay the same all week, then drop a pound or two the day prior to or the day of weigh-in. I think I am losing fat, so far I'm staying fairly firm. ALTHOUGH... I have lost about 4" in my bust. YIPPEEE!!!! Steve jokes that when I'm laying flat I look like a boy. Gotta love him!

alinnell
09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Gayle~you can do it!!!

I know that a lot of people look at my height and weight and think that I should probably set my goal closer to 140, but since I've been lower and I know what I look like lower, that's why my goal is lower. It all has to do with a little excess fat that is distributed on my torso. I have the fat blobs that hang around my bra and some excess fat on my tummy. All that goes away once I get to about 138 or 136. It all comes back if I get over 140.

As for losing patterns, I can go 3-4 weeks with nary a loss and suddenly I can lose anywhere from 1 to 4 pounds in a couple of days. It really sucks because you try so hard and you get nothing as a reward for so long and all that makes it harder to stick to plan.

ShelleyM
09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm so glad I'm not on the MIA list either! I have been busy, what with the parents at my house and school still in it's early stages of starting. My weight has been up a bit, but I know it's from my lopsided eating (popcorn for lunch and everything else for dinner and through the night.)

I miss Doni, Sherry, Jenelle, Debbie, RAMONA!!

Deelite
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Shelley were you saying that the mold problem is being worked on now and that your parents are living with you? I can't remember exactly what you said. Any luck with a job for Mike?

Gayle do you only weigh yourself when you are watching what you eat? I am terrible if I had a few tough days or weeks I don't want to jump on the scale and face it.
I have been able to maintain my weight by being accountable and getting weighed in at ww's at least once a month.

Allison you must have a small frame, compared to my sisters I have a large frame loaded with muscle and they are small in statue but one is very heavy and Gail is about 20 pounds over weight.

Any great plans for the weekend? It is really cool out today. When we had lunch outside I was freezing so I jumped in the hot tub to warm up.
Larry will be busy with finishing off the fence, I will stick close to home. Maybe on sunday if the kids aren't busy we will have them over for a clam bake.

SuzyMc
09-08-2007, 06:45 AM
After a pretty horrible week with my dad I am getting on a bus this morning and going to a quilt show with a group of friends. I really need a day (week? month?) away! Tomorrow I'll be back at my parent's house.

Gayle, I weigh myself every morning too. I know that number isn't completely accurate, but I do better if I "remind" myself every morning. I'm not doing very good on the lose 5 pound challenge, but at least I haven't joined the gain 5 pound challenge either! :lol:

Dee, enjoy your weekend home with Larry and the kids! How is Dez doing?

Shelley, I think of you often! How are things going?

Allison, sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up!

Where is everyone else? I know Sherry really has her hands full. It looks like Cheryl hasn't posted in a few days and where is Janice?

ShelleyM
09-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Suzy-Did you enjoy the quilt show? You do need time for yourself.

Dee-My parents are with us until Tuesday for the mold issue. Everything in their house has been cleaned, now the samples sent in have to be up to par for them to be able to go back. Plus there is still a section of wall that needs to be closed up. I have so enjoyed having them here. Mike has been sending in resume after resume, with no results. He does have something hopefully on Wed. at a jewelry store. They need someone to repair and he does a great job on jewelry. He made me a gold hammered necklace years ago that he brought to show the guy one day and they said when the guy gets back from vacation, they will interview him. It is very hard right now. All the bills are being paid on credit cards. I hate this!! I am fortunate that I have a good job not only with the school, but as co-director of the daycare, so I am able to pay the mortgage and a couple of other bills.

No weekend plans here. Have a great day everyone!

gdeann
09-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Shelley, I can only just imagine the stress you must be going through now having to pay bills with a credit card. I hope Mike finds something soon. How is he doing? I'm sure he is depressed too. I am still sending "get a job soon" prayers your way!!! BTW: Do you have benefits at the school so you don't need to worry about insurance etc?

Suzy!!! I hope you had fun!!!! You DESERVE it!!! Are you getting any quilting done? Probably not with everything going on. Liz's fiance has a mother who quilts, I guess she has several, but has never finished one yet! LOL!

Dee, How is Dez's bum? Were you ever able to find the salve? Let's not do a 5 pound gain challenge, K? LOL!

I'm down another pound! Actually I'm thinking it's closer to 2 pounds, but I have the standard dial type scale and my old eyes can't see the little, tiny lines from that far away!

Lynneye
09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Shelley, praying for you! Hope Mike gets something soon! Your parents are so lucky you are there to help them now.

Suzy, I am here and keeping all of you in my prayers. Hope you are having a great time at the quilt show!

Gayle, I weigh myself each day as well. There are a few days, I don't but mostly I do. It helps me keep on track.

Dee, a clam bake!! YUMMY!!! We go to a local restaurant every Wed. here for dinner, they have the "Clam Jam". Steamers for $4 a dozen! YUMMY! Have a great weekend.

Allison, you are doing great! As my Doctor told me, you didn't gain 10 pounds over night, you won't lose it over night!

Hi to everyone else!

Things here are crazy, but that is my life. School is back in full swing. I will be writing quizzes this weekend, already! Today, I am catching up the laundry, picking up and doing school work. Tomorrow, Rob and I are hoping to go wander around the local flea market. It is a huge one and held every Sunday in a field about a mile from us. We never go in the summer unless we have company who really wants to go, as it is so hot and humid. But now, it is cooler in the morning so think we will do that. If nothing else, it is some exercise walking around!

gdeann
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I also just have to say, it has been about 7-8 years since I have been in the 140's!!!!!!

gdeann
09-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Debbi, we posted at the same time! Have fun at the flea market! I love taking something really old and turning it into something "new" for my home!

alinnell
09-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone!

I had a great day yesterday. Dana and I drove to take a tour of UC Fullerton. It was very interesting. The campus is about 1/4 the size of the school I went to (U of Utah) but is very nice and being a UC school, the tuition for instate kids is quite reasonable. I do hope she gets in and decides to go there. She is also hoping for USC which would be much more expensive.

I can't say if I have a small frame or not. When I gain weight, I tend to gain it all over so I look more thick than fat--if that makes sense. I think that is just the luck of being tall.

Money problem. Been there, done that! I remember using those "checks" that come monthly on your credit cards. I'd go back and forth--pay this credit card off with that credit card and vice versa the following month. We were having such problems that I had to charge my groceries! Thankfully those days are over and after working diligently to pay off the tens of thousands that we owed, we're debt free except for the house and lot payments. Sure I charge stuff all the time still, but pay it off each month so no finance charges. But there were the times when I would literally go for months without using "real money" to pay any bills! It hurt, but it's called survival.

I'm back to ticker weight! 143! I was hoping to be 142 by today, but perhaps tomorrow!

gdeann
09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.bravotv.com/Tim_Gunn/index.php

Just watched this new show on Bravo. Very informative!!! I love What not to wear with Stacy & Clinton, this one is a watcher too!!

coles
09-08-2007, 10:19 PM
OOH No I made the MIA list.
I have been becoming a contest queen. I saw a show on TV about people that enter contests and all the things they have won. I enter a lot of contests now. I won a $200 gift certificate for the Shopping Channel so far. I just started this in July.
GAYLE - We are so proud of you!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)
Hello to everyone else.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7923)

gdeann
09-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Janice, sounds like a fun hobby. Congrats on the big win! Do you search the net for different contest's to enter? I always complain about never winning the lottery, guess I need to play first, huh? LOL! Glad to see Cheryl pulled you out from the shadows.

ShelleyM
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Allison-Your post gives me hope. Thank you!

Gayle-Wow!! 140's!! I am so very proud of you.

MIA Janice! Glad to see you checked in.

Okay, ladies!!! I am the only lonely poster on the exercise thread!! Get moving!!

coles
09-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Good Morning everyone.
Shelley I have been where you are more than once. Being married to a bricklayer has a lot of ups and downs. There were times when Doug didn't work very much but the bills just keep coming in. I have used those cheques the credit card companies sent to get the bank account in the black, only to pay bills and be back in the red. Hang in there things will get better. Watch the "Secret" if you haven't already. It will make you feel better.

gdeann
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I keep hearing about the secret Janice. I thought it was a book about poisitive thinking. There is a movie?

Shelley, we have been where you are. At one point when we had our business, the tax guy screwed up and we only had only a few months to pay the goverment several thousand dollars. It was a VERY rough period and we are still in debt from that experience. I would love to have a new house, car etc. that I see others with, I just don't get it, we struggle weekly to pay our bills while others seem to live beyond thier means. I know most people say they are in debt so much, but one still needs to be able to make that monthly payment. HUGS Shelley, it WILL get better, I promise!

gdeann
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
GOSH! I hope you guys can make out what I wrote this morning! I must have morning fog... need more coffee!!!

4myloves
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Just checking in!

Y'all gave me a lot of catching up to do after the week-end---I LIKE it when that happens, means everyone is checking in!

I went almost the whole week last week without being sick, but then on Saturday I ate burritos (good when I ate them but then :barf: ).

Ugh!

Deelite
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Gayle did you get that extra pot of coffee this morning? lol
There is a movie The Secret based on the book. I haven't seen the movie but I have the book. It is inspiring.
Dez is cyst on her bum is still about the same. She won't try the salve.
Dosen't it feel great to have a boob shrink? Big boobs are only good for husbands. I am a 36C now and that is plenty big for me.

Shelley don't worry about your weight going up a pound or two I know that you will not let it get out of control. I am glad that you enjoyed having your parents stay with you. I hope that all the mold issues are resolved now.
Let us know if Mike gets the jewlery job. I am praying that a job will come his way.

Suzy how did you enjoy the quilt show? I hope that it recharged your batteries. I am sure that you appreciated the break. How is Aunt Hazel doing?

Debbi can I come down on wednesday for a clam jam? That would be so much fun. Because we live on the praries sea food is expensive and harder to find.
Did you get any deals at the flea market or just fleas?

Allison when will Dana be attending college? It is a big decision as to where they should attend. You will know which one feels right.
You are lucky you are taller, if I gain 5 oz it shows....lol

Janice congratulations on being a contest winner. What is it you do to increase your odds?
Have your read or watched the secret? It is great, isn't it? Possitive suggestion for Shelley.
Good luck filling out those ballots today to win big.

Our weekend plans changed quite a bit. Larry worked on the fence and I stayed horizontal as much as possible. My back was really bad. I wasn't able to do anything all weekend. No dinner with the kids, just r & r. It is has improved this morning but not enough that I will be going to the Y. I beleive it was a twisiting move that I did at aqua on friday that hurt my back. I won't be doing that move again! Live and learn.

Deelite
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Cheryl well that is good news that you aren't getting sick everyday. Still room for some more improvement. Hopefully in a couple of weeks this will be history.

Do any of you know Aaron Pritchitt? He is a canadian country singer. He sings hold my beer while I dance with your girlfriend. Any how he will be here tomorrow and Larry and I are planning on going to see him sing. We met him and his manger in PV last year. Wonderful people.

4myloves
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm proud of you for losing weight and for finding a plan that works for you and sticking to it, but PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

This scares me for you:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet_Articles/*******%3A_Anatomy_of_a_Diet_Scam/

Deelite
09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Cheryl thanks for the article. Gayle I missed the info on the diet you were doing as it was removed before I read what it was. If you are doing this diet please, please be careful. It does not sound healthy.

Cheryl thanks for looking out for us.

gdeann
09-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Girls, honestly they are making it sound worse then it is. I'm sure there are people who abuse and push it to the limit, but I am staying healthy and using common sense. I eat lean proteins such as beef, poultry, pork, fish, eggs (yolk too) I use low fat dressings, yogurt and cheese (not fat free) I eat veggies every day. Basically, the plan I'm following is a low fat Atkins, eating clean, no junk. Tonight I had a Wendy's grilled chicken salad with the Chiptal Ranch dressing. I am by no means starving myself and if I need to, I supplement with a protein shake. I know a few of the girls on the other site had a falling out with the head honcho and it has turned into a huge cat fight. I am staying out of it and I really don't care. I KNOW I am eating healthy, avoiding the junk and feeling better then I have for years. I could care less if the one in question is under trial. The helpful suggestions and plan is working for me. But again, I stress, I am not abusing it. I eat plenty of calories a day and get my fat from meats and dressings, oils, cheeses. Thank you girls for your concern, I do appreciate it!!

gdeann
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Me again this morning. I thought I would post a few of the things I eat on a regular basis, so you can tell me what you think.

Breakfast: Protein shake or eggs/turkey bacon or cheese/ham omelet w/ salsa

Lunch: Depending if I am at the shop or not
Protein drink or lean meat w/ cheese stick or veggies. Example, ham slices, pickles, veggie sticks, cheese stick. Sometimes I toss in a SF jello. If I am at home, I will make a yummy chicken soup.

Dinner: Lean meat, veggies, dressings etc.
So, I could have and usually do: my meat choice, tossed salad with low fat dressing and low fat cheese if I desire or grilled veggies. As of late I have been eating cucumbers dipped in LF ranch dressing. My meats range from ground turkey such as turkey burgers/meatloaf to the other night we had steak off the grill.

I almost always have a mid-day snack which is: turkey pepperoni, cheese slice or stick, or yogurt.

Evening snack is usually: Low fat yogurt mixed with a SF jello or mock oatmeal made with eggs.

Honestly, I can't see that this plan is bad for ones health? Am I dense?

I know comparing myself to eating this way or when I did WW points, I am far less hungry and will now "budget" my calories for good food compared to saving my points and eating snack bars etc.

Deelite
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Gayle it sounds good but I would add in a few fruits. I know that they have sugars in them but God put them on the earth for us to have a treat with fiber.

alinnell
09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I've heard about this diet, and on the front of it, it makes a whole lot of sense: low fat, low carb, low calorie. I agree with Gayle that there are people who take it to extreme and that's where the problems occur. I think anything can be taken to extreme. Even with counting calories, extreme would be eating fewer than what is healthy. I think you're doing fine.

Woohoo! I'm down to 142.5. I haven't seen that number since June!

4myloves
09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I :val1: you!

I am practicing to be a mommy, you know :snooty:

gdeann
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh, mommy to be... you can practice on me all you want. I know I'm your problem child! :hug:

Thank you girls for the concern. I am far from having anorexic tendencies or all the other junk written. It is a sensible plan if used with some common sense. Hopefully, I have that. LOL! :trampo:

gdeann
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Cheryl, are you showing yet? I bet your getting to the in between stage. Your clothes are probably starting to feel snug but maternity stuff would be too big. Fashions are so nice now compared to what it use to be. They make so many regular casual clothes that can easily be converted into maternity wear.

4myloves
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Cheryl, are you showing yet? I bet your getting to the in between stage. Your clothes are probably starting to feel snug but maternity stuff would be too big. Fashions are so nice now compared to what it use to be. They make so many regular casual clothes that can easily be converted into maternity wear.

You are so RIGHT!! I wear stretch jeans from Lane Bryant and they still (for the most part) fit fine, but yesterday I wore a pair of khakis because we had a bankruptcy hearing and I thought I was gonna pop a button!!! As far as seeing a difference, I can REALLY tell a change when I'm laying down, and a little when I see a side view of my lower belly. :carrot:

gdeann
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Wait until the elastic won't even stretch out far enough to go over your tummy!!!! Did I mention the swelling ankles??? I'm so happy to be going through the joys of pregnancy with you sweetie!

coles
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Gayle - I think any diet plan can be taken to extreme. I know a girl who tried to eat only 12 points on WW then wondered why she was always hungry and wasn't losing any weight. I tried to tell her that she was in starvation mode and her body was hanging onto every morsel it got.
It sounds like your diet is fine to me - and its working for you.
Common sense is the key to everything.
Shelley - did you watch the "secret" yet.
Hey Little Momma - hows the morning sickness coming???

SuzyMc
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree Janice...anything taken to the extreme is not a good thing, whether it is dieting or over eating. The key is moderation in everything.

Gayle ~ I don't think the way you are eating is all that bad, but I do think you should add some whole grains. I don't think it's wise to eliminate any of the food groups totally from your diet.

Cheryl ~ Don't be too anxious to start wearing maternity clothes...you will be sick to death of them before it's all over! :lol:

4myloves
09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Please stop--a new thead has been started!!
:p