WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Weigh-Ins for September

View Full Version : Thursday Weigh-Ins for September

Tammy
09-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Hello everyone!!! We weigh in on Thursdays, used to weigh in on Thursdays, or we dreamed about weighing in on Thursdays!! Come and post your losses here!!!

We also have a Thursday Chatters Thread where we try to solve all of the problems of the world, or we just give each other lots of support!!

Tammy
09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
OK. It's Tuesday, and I have a loss so I moved my tracker a notch. Sure wish it did 1/2 pounds, because it was 1 1/2! I am thrilled!!

Tammy
09-05-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm obsessed with the scale. I am down some more!! I have changed my tracker. I met my first goal of 10 pounds, now I'm working my way toward the 20 pound mark. I am not sure exactly what I'm doing right, but I'll take it.

Tina
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
:bravo: Tammy!!!!! You met your 10 lb. goal. :carrot::carrot:
Also, thanks for starting our new month off.

Some day I'll get my fish to swimming. :D
:flow1:

Tammy
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Tina, I'm really excited about the loss. To celebrate, I called a new chiropractor that someone had recommended. I'm sure I'll feel great. I go tomorrow!!! Your fish will be swimming soon!!

Tammy
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
You are not going to believe this. I was down another pound. Maybe this calorie counting thing is working! I moved my butterfly.

Good luck to everyone.

Tina
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Good luck to everyone today.

I was down 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't move my fish yet because I'm still above the amount. :( However, it's coming back off.

Terry, where are you? How are you doing?

I hope everyone will post this week. hint..hint..hint..

Tammy, fantastic job! How many calories a day are you eating? How did you decide on the amount you're eating?

Susan, did you lose with your Nutrisystem?

:tread:

Tammy
09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Tina, congrats on that pound!!! I agree about people posting.

I am aiming to stay under 1800 calories a day. Remember, I'm a big person.

Getupandgo
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Great Job Tammy and Tina!

Hi, I'm Trish, I'm new to the WW threads. I started WW at home 3 weeks ago, and this week I had my largest weekly weight loss to date...2lbs!! :D

Yay!

Tina
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi Trish---Welcome to this happy group. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
That's a great loss.
Keep coming here and keep us all posted.

Tammy
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Hooray for Trish!!!! Wonderful!!! We also have a Thursday Chatters thread, so come on over there and help us solve all the problems in the world. Well, come to chat, anyway!!

Piano51
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
There is another Trish!!!! :welcome: Trish!!

I gained 0.6 today. I am not bummed out because this past week we celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary plus we had a holiday. If I hadn't exercised almost everyday, I can only imagine what the scale would have read. Anyway, today is another day.

I'm thinking about trying the Core plan for a week. Anyone else on it????

I've got to cook dinner. TTFN---Trish

Tammy
09-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Can we handle 2Trishes????? YES!! lol

Happy 23rd anniversary! Bob and I just celebrated 26 years in June.

I tried Core, but I just couldn't get used to it. I just was too much into the points mindset. I know some people who do Core and love it.

Tina
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I, too, wish you Happy Anniversary. Hey, I feel like the older one here. :lol: I've been married 36 years.
However, I was an infant bride. :)

Tammy
09-07-2007, 06:46 AM
You married at age 5, right Tina????

mom36
09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey Y'all!

I'm still here. Just been in a funk about my current weight loss, or lack thereof. :( I just haven't been able to stay on program. As a result, I am up 2.6lbs from my most recent low. I guess that's really not that much, but the summer has pretty much been a wash for me. I've been bouncing up and down the same 2.5lbs or so since mid June. I want to kick myself. :kickbutt: But, I think I may be able to stick with it now. At least I hope so.

Welcome Trish #2 :welcome3: and congrats on that 2lb loss. That is great for one week! I hope our little group will inspire you.

Tammy, congrats on making your 10lb goal! :congrat: You'll hit your 20lbs in no time, I'm sure.

Trish #1, it is great that you were able to keep the damage to the minimum with 2 big events. And congrats on your 23rd! This year was our 24th. I know I can't be that old!

Tina, I feel like I'm catching up to you. I got a call last week from someone wanting to know if I was the Terry Smith who graduated from Berea High in 1977. We are getting ready to have our 30th high school reunion. I told her that yes, I was that Terry Smith, but there is no way I graduated 30 years ago! :yikes: Where have the years gone? :?:

Okay everybody, let's get out there and lose those pounds! (I have a reunion to go to! ;))

Tina
09-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Terry, you'll be lean and greater looking than now when it's time for your reunion. :D
That's interesting you mentioning the reunion because I just received a postcard from my high school.
They were inviting me to a 70th Reunion! No, NOT MINE, the school's. :lol: :lol:

Tammy
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Terry, glad to hear from you!!! I think we are all ready to get back on the wagon. I've been gung ho about journaling everything and drinking water, so I know that is part of what has helped me with the loss. Getting in some exercise won't hurt me either. LOL to graduating 30 years ago!! I'll be out 35 years in the spring. It doesn't seem possible, but I guess it's true since I just finished 30 years of teaching.

Tina, I didn't think you'd be celebrating your 70th!!

I have a niece that is getting married next June, so I would like to look half way decent for her wedding. I guess that and just for my own health will help keep me focused. At least I hope it will!!!!

Tina
09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Tammy, you already look half way decent. :lol: I couldn't resist that!!!
You and Terry have something aim for. I'll have to think of something.

Tina
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Morning,

For those who don't go to the Thursday Chatters thread very often, if ever, you haven't heard the news. Tammy's husband was taken to the ER a few days ago. He's in ICU.
Go over to the Chatters thread and read all that Tammy wrote.
We are all "with her" in spirit right now. :)

Weigh-in results.....I'm down another pound. :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Hopefully by next Thursday, I can get my fish to swim. :lol:

kelijpa
09-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear about Tammy's husband.

I lost one lb. this week. Glad to find a thursday log.

Tina
09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi Keli,
It's great to hear from you!
Wow, 1 more pound gone. That's fantastic.:dance::cp:

Tina
09-17-2007, 05:42 PM
It's quiet around here lately.
My mother is in the hospital, since Friday night. I came home this afternoon and walked on the treadmill. I'm going to try to be good eating.

Good luck to everyone this week. :):):)

Getupandgo
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone! I forgot to post here last week, and hope everyone is enjoying what is left of summer! And thanks for the warm welcome :)
(My friends would be scared of two Trish's too, lol!)

So this week, I went into my WI scared. I had TOM since Monday, and I went over my points on Sunday. (Dang beer!) But I started walking 5.1 miles on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I thought there was some hope for a little loss.

Today I stepped on the scale and.....3.4 lbs lost!! OMG!!

I understand that anything over 2lbs is not healthy but a loss this big, on occasion, isn't uncommon. So, I have a question...with a loss this big, should I count on nothing for my WI next week?

Hope your mother is doing okay, Tina!

Tina
09-20-2007, 01:45 PM
:bravo: Trish

What a fantastic loss. It's okay to have a loss like that, once in awhile. ;)
Who knows, you might have a small loss next week.
Does anyone else have an idea????
Whatever happens next week----keep it up! I'm sure that all that walking really helped.

I didn't gain or lose this week. I'm glad for no gain since my eating schedule has been off.

Mother is much better. The dr. just wants to keep her in the hospital a few more days. She's gotten pretty weak.

Tammy
09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Way to go Trish!!! Great loss!!!

Tina, I'm with you. I haven't been paying attention to what I've been eating the past couple of weeks, that's for sure. I can stay the same!!

Just being in the hospital not doing anything will make you weak. I am so glad she is feeling better!!!!!!

Bob did stand up at the sink and shave yesterday. He stood up for about 10 minutes, and boy was he ready to get back in bed!!! The doctors think that as he gets his strength back, he be moving around more, and some of that fluid will start going away. The social worker has been great getting information for us and contacting people. My aunt and uncle came to visit Bob this afternoon. They were in the hall talking to this social worker. Come to find out, she used to be a nurse at the Children's Hospital, and she was my cousin's nurse. He died from leukemia my first year of college. It was his parents who were visiting Bob. Small world.

Piano51
09-22-2007, 09:42 AM
I lost 1.6 pounds this past WI. I've been rather busy at work and haven't logged in until late yesterday!!! :carrot:

TTFN,

Trish

Tina
09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow, 1.6 pounds gone forever!!!:dance::dancer:

Keep up the good work. And, post, post, post. ;)

Tammy
09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Trish, congrats on the 1.6!! Woo hoo!! We should meet for a WW lunch sometime since we're almost neighbors!! lol What's a couple hours???

Getupandgo
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Congrats on your loss, Trish!! That's fantastic!

Ironically, that's exactly what I lost this week too! LOL! I'm very happy because with this weeks loss, I'm now over a 10lb loss total. That feels great.

Congrats Tammy and Tina for maintaining too!

Hope everyone else had a good week as well!

Tina
09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Trish, congratulations on your loss!!!:carrot:
I haven't weighed today because I had to get over to see about Mother this morning. The home health nurse was coming early.
Mother is doing a lot better now.

Susan, how is school?
Tammy, how is Bob?

Tammy
09-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I was down a pound when I weighed yesterday, so a grand total of 13 since mid-July. Slow but steady. My clothes are all fitting better, so that's a good thing.

Tina
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Tammy, that is great!!!

Getupandgo
10-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Tammy-Congrats on your loss! That's fantastic :) Slow is the key!

Tina-Glad to hear your Mom is doing better!

Well, had a rough weekend. I'm fighting with my best friend, and I drank a few beers every night. Tomorrow I'm going to my first WW meeting to weigh in. Registration is free now, and although I won't be going every week, I'd like to be held accountable for my loss when I do start attending more. My plan is to lose another 10 lbs on my own which will put me at the lowest weight I hit the last time dieting (Every lb after, will seem like I'm not loosing *old weight*). I've been known to *blow it* shortly after reaching this weight, lol. Anyways, I also want to find out a professional's opinion on what my goal weight should be. I'm nervous about weighing in on an evening AND not a Thursday, but I'm prepairing myself.

Tina
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Trish, I hear you. It's good to get that "old" weight off and start fresh. I'm glad you're going to a WW meeting.
Those meetings really help me.

Trish 2, :lol: how are you doing?

Susan, Amy, Sis, Dori, Tammy, and the list goes on---how was the weekend?