General chatter - Who loves the Florida Gators?!?!?

View Full Version : Who loves the Florida Gators?!?!?

LondonJulz
09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I DO!!!! :wave:

Looking forward to a great season this year from Coach Meyer and his team!:cp::cheer2::cheer:

EZMONEY
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
WHAT?

She can't be serious can she GATORGAL?

FIGHT ON FOR OL' SC!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
yes she can gary......i like this girl already....goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo gatorsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssswoohoo...that's my alma mater (and i'm still paying off the student loans LMAO).

anyone who likes the gators is ok in my books!

EZMONEY
09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
What took you so long to bag on me GATORGAL? ...I was free for over an hour....

FIGHT ON!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-03-2007, 10:52 PM
sorry gary a little slow but you need to bring the issue up with my dog. She was demanding her evening walk. I think a little exercise is always good. :carrot: did ya miss me that much in an hour :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

EZMONEY
09-03-2007, 10:58 PM
As far as I am concerned Gatorgal...walking your dog is #1!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-03-2007, 11:06 PM
i agree gary...and she agrees too! She's been my best and most reliable work out partner yet!

Clydegirl
09-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Count me in. :carrot:

LondonJulz
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM
So nice to have people here who see the light!!!!! I have been an avid follower since 1996 (The Danny Wuerffel / Steve Spurrier days). So thrilled with Urban Meyer! Had a HUGE Gator party last year for the National Championship game, and threatened anyone who came in my house and didn't root for the Gators (I think we even had some converts that night!) :carrot:
I'm about a year out from completing an Associates Degree then going on for my Bachelors..... I'm such a fan, I'm looking into moving to Florida (from Oklahoma) just to finish schooling at UF so I can BE a Gator!!!! And, the hubby has agreed to this!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crazy??:crazy: no. I just know what good is! :yes:

God must be a Gator fan.... he made the sun orange and the sky blue....

EZMONEY
09-04-2007, 12:14 AM

WHAT?

She can't be serious can she CLYDEGIRL and GATORGAL?

Stepping Out
09-04-2007, 04:48 AM

Amen Sister!! :carrot::carrot:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
AMEN!!!!!!! she is serious gary...the skys blue and the sun is orange...all those ppl who say its yellow are just wrong.lol

i went to school there 8 years...93-02 (no i wasn't a taking my time...i got three degrees there). and i was there when football and basketball was doing poor, then i was there to see them win the national champs in football the first time. I'm honored to be a gator...i went to every home football game and many basketball games (back when they weren't the greatest) so i will always be a die hard gator.

EZMONEY
09-04-2007, 09:20 AM
oh man...this is getting ugly.....

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
lol at poor gary. Is your head hurting yet (:

EZMONEY
09-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Do you mean from the slix or sleben beers I had yesterday?

off to work....hope it's humid in FLA................wink

LondonJulz
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I personally have never thought the sun was yellow.... even before the Gator thing started! When I was little and would color pictures, I always made my sunshine ORANGE.... yellow was always too sissy for bright, bold sunshine..... heck, look at my ticker - the sun..... ORANGE! :yes:

3 degrees?!?!!?!?!? Holy bananas - yet another point that backs up the fact that Florida Gators are SMART! :book2:....borderline GENIUS! :D

NightengaleShane
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I live in Gainesville, and the Gators have some amazing sports teams.

While saying that, I couldn't give two craps about it myself. ;) Whenever the Gators have a game, it takes 40 minutes to drive to what would normally be a 5 minute destination. This actually makes me kind of hate the Gators... :lol:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-04-2007, 11:36 AM
awww nightengale...going to stores is the best during games from what i've heard from my not so sports fanatic friends. They always wait until kickoff....and then as long as you aren't going to campus...drive all over town at lightning speeds with no waits. My friends who hated sports loved game day. The key is just to wait until the game starts then everyone is parked. And you are free to go whereever...you have 4 hours of no traffic.

yes london - 3 degrees (maybe not genuis...just nutz)...i got a bs in animal science and ms in animal nutrition and a DVM from the college of vet med. UF has many well known programs. Its a great educational institute as well as sports school.

NightengaleShane
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah gatorgal, I just seem to always get stuck when the games are letting out! :( Just my luck, eh?

My girlfriend graduated from the UF School of Journalism Class of 2006, so I have the tiniest bit of Gator pride by association... however, she is also the reason I moved down here, and I've felt pretty much ostracised in this town from day one since I'm not a student and this town is pretty much school obsessed. ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah it is tough..the town is pretty much obsesseed...but you start looking you'll find people who aren't crazy for sports. Like i said...find out kickoff time...then remember a game is about 4 hours long...and actually once you learn a lot of the back roads, you can avoid quite a bit. I live by backroads. Always avoided Archer, 13th, university, and williston if possible. Even though the vet school is right off archer i made it work where i lived and avoided a bunch of traffic. Hang in there..there really are people who live in g'ville that actaully don't believe life revolves around sports. Not me though LMAO

EZMONEY
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
JOANNE ~ Just wanted to congratulate you on your "new" avatar!

Going shopping for boots.....it just keeps getting DEEPER around here ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-05-2007, 07:42 AM
lmao at gary

and joanne i love the aviatar too.

JayEll
09-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Go Gators!

EZMONEY
09-05-2007, 08:21 AM
OH NO! Not you too JAY!

It is starting to look like a WWF TAG TEAM around her...............geeesh

NightengaleShane
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
yeah it is tough..the town is pretty much obsesseed...but you start looking you'll find people who aren't crazy for sports. Like i said...find out kickoff time...then remember a game is about 4 hours long...and actually once you learn a lot of the back roads, you can avoid quite a bit. I live by backroads. Always avoided Archer, 13th, university, and williston if possible. Even though the vet school is right off archer i made it work where i lived and avoided a bunch of traffic. Hang in there..there really are people who live in g'ville that actaully don't believe life revolves around sports. Not me though LMAO

LOL it's hard to avoid those roads when you live smack dab in that vacinity! (SW Gainesville, in a somewhat student-filled area)

haha, if life doesn't revolve around sports, it revolves around school and studying :lol: I'm trying to get a little more into the punk scene over here since that's more up my alley. It can be hard, though - I'm originally from the DC area - it's quite a culture shock down here for me, but I'm trying to make the best of it. The fraternity/sorority thing is not for me (no offense if you were in one, I have nothing against them, but usually nothing in common either ;)).

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Who is Joanne ??

Shay
09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Okay LondonJulz you knew I would end up here. I am a GATOR through and through. I'm even one of those that believes I can affect the outcome of a game. Maybe I wasn't cheering hard enough? I have signed up so I can check out scores on my cell. It just seems some seasons I am working during a football or basketball game or traveling. I had to remedy that situation. I was born to be a GATOR. First because I was born in St. Pete but also because I couldn't tolerate milk as a baby so the Dr told my mom to give me Gatorade. It is my alma mater. I graduated in 94. I went back a few years ago for Gator Growl and Homecoming with my freshman year roommate. It was an amazing time.

EZMONEY
09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Amen Sister!! :carrot::carrot:

Who is Joanne ??

That is JOANNE

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 08:10 PM
When games aren't broadcast on TV, I listen to them on Yahoo Sports.... and cheer just as loud as if I were watching on TV....

EZMONEY
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
:sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::s ssh::sssh: I can't hear my USC TROJANS :sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::s ssh::sssh:

LondonJulz
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Just for Gary....

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and asks, Wanna hear a USC joke? The guy next to him replies, Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. Im 6 tall, 200 lbs., and Im a USC graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 62, weighs 225, and hes a USC graduate. The fella next to him is 65 tall, weighs 250, and hes a USC graduate. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?
The first guy replies: Naw, not if Im gonna have to explain it three times. :rofl::lol3::D:joker::cb:

EZMONEY
09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
:?: I don't get it :?:.........;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
lol at gary...your boyz arent even playing right now...so stop shhhusing us LOL

nightengale - hmmmmm punk scene in g'ville...wow someone gave you some bad info...don't you know it doesn't exist...every since the covered dish closed years ago (when i was in school)...punk died. The covered dish was the only place at the time i went to school that played punk and ska and all sorts of different music...but alas..in a college town..the frat rats want their "normal" music. So good luck...but j'ville and orlando is a short drive away. That's where i always went for my concerts. G'ville never played any good concerts.

NightengaleShane
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL gatorgal!! No WONDER I can't find the punk scene! There are a few punk-ish kids here, but not in the true sense of the word... most of them will stop being punk once they're out of college, and that, to me, is not punk at all. Punk isn't a style or a phase by my definition, it's a multi-faceted word with a way of life and expression behind it.

My girlfriend's brother told me about how awesome this town was in the 90's, with places like the Covered Dish, and wild shows that lasted all night (there's this crazy 2 AM curfew thing here now, how nuts is that?! I'd party to 3 or 4 in DC! haha). I bet Gainesville was rockin' when you went to UF :) And yeah - if I want a really good time, I'll go to Orlando - that's where all the good shows are.

"frat rats" huh? Looks like you like 'em as much as I do? :D Hehehe!

Stepping Out
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
That is JOANNE I used to be "Homebound". I've been lurking here forever..but I'm changing more than just my screenname ;)

Thanks for the encouraging words y'all! :hug:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
lol at nightengale...yes i love the frat rats...NOT!. Use to drive me up the wall..i never was one of the must be in the "in" crowd all my life...so don't think fraternaties/sororities are my thing...don't need to pay ppl to be my friend..i just annoy them like i do with gary and they still like me????

But yep...G'ville was pretty cool (music scene) when i went way back when 93-02 to be exact. But the last few years i was there a lot was changing.

EZMONEY
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Like you?....:lol::lol:...:nono:...I :love::love: LOVE YOU :love::love:....;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
aww thanks gary.....i'm loved...yea me!!!!!

Shay
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM
You Know You're GATOR Fan When...
1. You only become a Redskins fan because Steve Spurrier is the coach
2. You can't root for the Redskins when Brad Johnson was the quarterback because he's Bobby Bowden's son-in-law
3. You can't root for the Redskins when Heath Shuler is the quarterback because he played for Tennessee
4. You can't root for the Colts because Peyton Manning played for Tennessee
5. You root for the Bears because Shane Matthews and Rex Grossman played for Florida

See I am just not meant to be a Redskins fan! If I think to hard it would be difficult to root for any pro football team. That's why I stick with college ball.

LondonJulz
09-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Well... since winning yesterdays game, I believe that the sportscaster dude said that this is officially Floridas longest winning streak since 1996!!! :carrot: I love them!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
it was great they won..however..i was getting a bit upset with them for allowing troy to score as much as they did...but they did win...and that's all that matters!

EZMONEY
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Troy was a tough high school team...give them some credit.

Shay
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Gatorgalstuckinga: I was thinking the same thing too but we beat them by 28 points--4 touchdowns.

Clydegirl
09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
That's 2 games that have not been shown here and it doesn't lok much better for the next one either.

Hubs is really bummed he didn't get to see the Jaguars either today :(

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-10-2007, 07:48 AM
clydegirl- the uf tenn game is going to be on cbs this weekend..hopefully you'll get it in your area.

likenoothere- yep still good...but at the half it was 49-7..i was only able to catch the 3rd quarter and what i heard was disappointing..they were dropping balls left and right and in that time i heard 2 td and 2 field goals and none for florida...just worried for the tenn game that's all. They should have had that game by a landslide the way the first half was played.

Shay
09-10-2007, 09:34 AM
GatorgalstuckinGa--You have a point. No matter who is on the team/what year it is after getting ahead they tend to get a little cocky and that translates into what you talked about. The Tennessee game worries me every year. Such an important game.

Stepping Out
09-16-2007, 11:36 PM
The Tennessee game worries me every year. Such an important game.

GATORS 59 Tennessee 20

:carrot::bubbles::carrot::bubbles::woohoo:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
lol at joanne...yep wasn't such an issue huh ???? LOL love seeing that score..i don't think we've seen a score like that on UT in forever!