LA Weight Loss - 09/03/07 New Alli Thread, Support Here

StillTryin
09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Ok, this week is off to a wacky start so lets keep moving. Seems that we are all making little slips, but nothing major!

ThinGIrl, you are doing MARVOLOUS!!!! KEEP IT UP

Tammy, Your such a wonderful supporter of everyone

Melissa, Keep it up girl your doing well

Debalina, Were here for you

Mist, got2gethealthy, and all other NEW people: WELCOME!!!!!

EVERYONE ELSE: Keep up the wonderful job, your hips will thank you when your older!!!! lol

Tammy
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Still, the zoo sounds like a wonderful time! I haven't been to one in years. Maybe it's time that I went back and acted like a kid again!! Wonder if our son would want to go the next time he comes home from college? I'll have to ask. As for DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want some!!!!!

Thin, I can relate to the eating. I really don't know what my problem has been the past week. I haven't gained, I've just been eating over my calorie limit.

Today I have done well for once. I even have 300 calories left. I plan to have a small snack later. Now that I have DQ running through my head, I wish there was one in the town where I live!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Tammy, I've never paid much attention to the counting and what's left for the day - it's pretty cool that you do that and can squeeze in a little snack with your left over credits. :)

I was invited to a house warming party/birthday party tomorrow night. Just when I was hoping to get back on plan. :(

Tammy
09-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Thin, I log in all my foods at another site (not Alli). I don't think I can name it here, so I won't. It helps keep me accountable, and you bet, I'll use most of them if I have some left. Hey, the party sounds neat! I want to come!!

Shy, we've been to the zoos in Cinci and Columbus, but it has been sooooooo long ago. With Tim going to college at Ball State in Indiana, we could always give the Indy Zoo a shot. Might be a getaway weekend sometime.

Beck1Beck
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
And another month has flown by. My God, it's going to be Christmas before we know it.

Well, I've been at home all weekend, worked my sweet fanny adams off on Saturday and totally did nothing the other two days. The great news is I'm down another 2 pounds. YEAHHHHHHHHH MEEEEEEEEE!

I'm finding it easier to make better choices when we're out to eat or even at home when I've got the munchies and want to snack. Seems like there really is life after lard-arse, after all.
heheheheheh

Have a great day, all and here are some words of wisdom to get us started:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright

StillTryin
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Beck, sounds like your doing GREAT!!!

This week I am going to focus on getting ON TRACK...seems that since I took my overnight trip AUG 4th I have totally jumped off the wagon, I have gained weight again and just couldnt seem to get it together. I am going to PLAN, FOCUS, RELAX and ENJOY! Today I made my lunch (I usually do for work anyway..lol) but if I start out good that is the first step.
So for breakfast I had:
1% milk with multi-grain cheerios
I stopped a the gas station for my coffee (black no sugar) I add splenda at work when I pour it into my mug.
I almost slipped and bought a blueberry muffin (remember I already had breakfast!!!) So I took a small (like the size of a nickel) piece and tasted it and then made the mental decision that I wasnt going to do it, so I threw it away with only that itzy bitzy bite...(which wasnt good anyway). So then I have my whole wheat chicken breast sandwich with spicy mustard for lunch, and a cup of soup, then I get another cup of soup for snack late this afternoon. Then dinner (man I hate after work time!!!) but I will do it!

StillTryin
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Shy, that is tooo funny....you know one of my very good friends (years ago) was called Wolf. He was in the Marine Corps in California..but again that was a LONG time ago...havnt heard from him in YEARS and YEARS!

I cleaned a bit more yesterday between leaving for the zoo and getting home and going to bed I made sure all the laundry was completed....what a chore!

dcapulet
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
i hate cleaning... but this time of year, i seem to want to do it! so that's what i've been doing, besides trying to control my eating...

got2gethealthy
09-04-2007, 10:48 AM
shy you are so funny and you do speak the truth ! i know my husband is a bigger baby than my 2 kids ever were ! when he gets sick he is worse than normal ! good job to all the house work. you put me to shame ;) sounds like you are off to a good start for the week still trying..keep it up. unofficially i cheated and weighed myself and i am down 2 pounds !! my weigh in is friday, just wanted to see how this was working have a great day everyone..sue

StillTryin
09-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Cool! That is neat!

Brightside
09-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Everyone! Back from a weekend at the lake. Good to be home and trying to get back into the groove. Even though I did not stick with Plan, I forced myself to continue to take those darn pills. 24 hours after the bbq ribs it wasn't pretty but no accidents. The kids are back in school which means I can get back to a more normal schedule. Had my usual breakfast - oatmeal w/walnuts & currents, string cheese & apple for a snack and then a sandwich for lunch. Dinner tonight is stir fried chicken w/ green beans & brown rice. The lake is great but my eating goes completely haywire and my snacking is out of control. My current fav-Indian mango pickle & mango chutney on a Japanese rice cracker. The mango pickle is "pickled" in ghee which is fat, very unhealthy. Time to get back on track.

Can't keep up w/ everyone but do have to say Shy your cleaning is an inspiration. Want to come over and get me & my place into shape? I have such a problem with clutter. StillTryin- way to go on the weightloss!!!! You are doing so well and I bet you reach your goal long before your cruise.

8 days until I leave for California...ugh! I need to search for a good deal on a rental car.

Keep goin!

bobbigene
09-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Good evening all - sounds like everyone had a productive Labor Day Weekend. Nothing much going on around here, just thought I'd check in.

Tammy
09-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Beck, I cringed when you mentioned Christmas!! I might as well start shopping.

Still, good for you for being on track again!!

Shy, cleaning house isn't one of my favorite things. Good luck to Wolf with the surgery tomorrow. Cool that you met online. A friend of mine met her husband the same way.

got 2, lol to cheating on the scales. I did the same thing. I was down a little too, so I changed my tracker to show the pound. Wish it showed 1/2 pounds!

Bright, welcome back from the lake, and you are leaving again soon!!!

bobbigene, glad you checked in!

I've had a tough day, but it sounds kind of wimpy. Our 13 1/2 year old dachsund had to go to the vet today. He hasn't been acting right, and he had diarhea. They kept him in the doggy hospital to run tests. The vet is concerned about liver and kidney problems, because we were just there a month ago with vomiting. I've been a mess. I burst into tears when I don't even know it's coming. I thought earlier, he doesn't even have his blanket and toy with him!! Am I pitiful or what? I'm supposed to call about 10 in the morning to see what's happening. I'll be volunteering at the soup kitchen till about 1:30 or 2:00, so if he gets to come home, I can't go get him until then.

StillTryin
09-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Tammy, I hope your doxy will be ok....I love them they are soooo cute!

got2gethealthy
09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Tammy i am sorry to hear about your little dog. if you are like me they are family. worse when they are sick. we had to put our boxer down because of cancer and i cried for days...i am sure he is getting the best care and i'll keep you in my thoughts. Beck, your little lady walking really fast makes me smile every time i see her.:lol:

Tammy
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks you guys. He is like one of the family. I know he's getting good care. All of the vets and the other employees love him to pieces.

got2gethealthy
09-04-2007, 10:26 PM
dang.. my husband just told me he wants to go out for brekfast or lunch tomarrow ! dang. i thought about an egg beater omlete no cheese extra veggies, dry toast and fruit. but what about lunch ? what do you guys have when you go http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)out with family ?

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-04-2007, 10:48 PM
This week I am going to focus on getting ON TRACK...seems that since I took my overnight trip AUG 4th I have totally jumped off the wagon,

Yep, any change in routine really screws a person up. Good luck getting back on track, it's tough. :hug:

Oh it has been a great few days :spin:.

Sounds like you can eat off the floor at your house :D wanna come and clean mine?

Wolf has surgery on Wednesday.

Told him if he keeps that whinnning :frypan:up I am going to put itch powder in his jockey shorts lol.

Ha ha, men, they just can't take it!! poor guy though, hope he feels better soon.

Beck, I cringed when you mentioned Christmas!! I might as well start shopping.

I agree, don't be saying stuff like that - I only have 11 weeks to lose weight before my big trip :o please don't rush the time by!

I've had a tough day, but it sounds kind of wimpy. Our 13 1/2 year old dachsund had to go to the vet today.

I burst into tears when I don't even know it's coming. I thought earlier, he doesn't even have his blanket and toy with him!! Am I pitiful or what?

Awww :hug: we love our pets, they are part of the family and have feelings just like we do.

We had to put our beautiful English Setter down last May, she was 13, and had liver cancer. It was the saddest day, my hubby and I were brokenhearted we cried and cried when we said goodbye, it was so sad. The vet was very nice though, and treated us well, and treated her well right to the end. Her name was Ambush and she was just the sweetest dog.

Hope your dog is okay and you have her home soon.

but what about lunch ? what do you guys have when you go out with family ?

I usually have grilled chicken (plain, no sauce) and a salad with fat free dressing. Try to have a couple of BIG glasses of water before you go.

I just came back from the open house/birthday party at my sister's. Her new house is 6000 square feet, can you imagine!?!? 5 bedrooms all with their own ensuite washrooms. Plus a home theatre room, a games room, a huge great room - kitchen/family room combo, a butlers pantry, 2 dishwashers, a big inground pool, there is an outdoor screened in porch area that has a gas fireplace in it, so you can sit out and be warm on a fall night. This house is something else but I don't know how she will clean it, she'll have to have a housekeeper come every week for sure.

Anyway, at the party - which was also my nephews birthday there was lots of food, cake, tarts, chips, snackies, booze, and I had a cup of tea with milk and equal. That's it. Tell me how proud you are :D because it was tough when everyone else had a plate of fudge cake.

got2gethealthy
09-05-2007, 01:48 AM
that was real detemination on your part thin girl ! congrats !! ya did good girl ! awsome ! http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Tammy
09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
got 2, I want to go out to breakfast too!!

Thin, I guess there will be some of you that will be supportive if we have to make a decision about Kramer. I'm trying to be tough, but I know it could happen. Grilled chicken is usually what I have when we go out also, and the salad is always a winner. Your sisters house is huge!!! I would hate to clean it, that's for sure.

I'm volunteering at the soup kitchen today. I've never done it before, so this should be an interesting experience. I have to call the vet later this morning. Tonight is my first water aerobics class!! Woo hoo!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Wow, good luck at the soup kitchen, after I pay for this next trip - I might need to start eating at one!

Congrats on water aerobics tonight, enjoy!

dcapulet
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Christmas and California... two of my favorite things, but it scares me to get to either one of them!

I just keep plugging away at grad school applications.....

StillTryin
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
WOW that is a HUGE HOUSE, I mean we are house hunting and I would be happy with a 2000 sq ft home, our house now is only 1050 sq ft on the main floor (but our basement is finished so that adds another 1000 st ft, althought I dont consider that "useable space") so we are trying to find a 4+ bedroom that has at least 2000 sq ft without counting the basement....GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!!

nikki8221
09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
hey everyone i start taking alli tomorrow. i have already began the diet and started taking vitamins. im so excited to start this i think it will really help me i never realized how much fat was in the foods i was eating...

today's meal plan
Breakfast: had oatmeal and coffee
Snack: rice cake
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich ( w/ light mayo and wheat bread) watermelon
Dinner: steak/brown rice/green beans
snack: crackers and FF cream cheese

treasaigh
09-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone - been lurking for about a week, but I bought my starter kit today, so here I am. I made the mistake of calculating my fat grams AFTER eating my lunch, so I may be in for a rude awakening this afternoon. I was off in my estimation.

I'm Tracy, a SAHM of two - my DD is in first grade, and my DS is four. I really, really want to get my weight down before I start job hunting next year, and I miss exercising for the fun of it, before it got so painful. :^:

Looking forward to getting to know everyone - I'm inspired by your stories!

StillTryin
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Nikki, good luck and you may find that any TE's that you have may only come after 36-48 hours, I know several of us have found it takes more than 24 hours in some cases.

Tracy WELCOME!!!! Good luck! We are here for you!

Tammy
09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Working at the soup kitchen was so much fun! Our church does it the first Wed. of every month, and I'm sure that I'll go back. We had fun working, and it was nice to visit with those who came in. One woman came in, and I thought she looked familiar. I asked her if her name was Sarah, and it was. She is one of my former students! She made sure everyone knew that I was one of her favorites.

dcapulet, where are you planning to go to grad school, and what are you going for? Lots of questions!!

Still, we moved from a home that was about 1900 sq. feet, and we had an unfinished basement. It had a pool table, ping pong, tv, etc. So it was used quite a bit even though it was unfinished. We now live in 1/2 of a double, condo type, one floor. I'm not sure how much space we have, but with my health problems and our ages, it is perfect. Our son will be graduating from college in less than 2 years, so it will be our retirement home. I know of the perfect house for you, but it's near me here in Ohio. Want to move here??

Nikki and Tracy, good luck with the Alli!!! I think it works for me, so I hope it works for you as well. don't forget, for a healthy diet, you still have to have some fat during the day. don't try to go too low with it.

Our dog is home, and he is a different critter than he was when I took him to the vets. All the test results came back ok, he wants to play, eat, drink. Right now he is on the floor beside me chewing on one of his toys. I'm glad he's home!!

Brightside
09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Nikki & Tracy - WELCOME! Be careful- my TEs happen a minimum of 24 hours after I overindulge. Good luck! This is a fun group!

Tammy - glad your dog is home. I cry whenever I have to leave my dog at the vet. Can't help it, she's part of the family. Give her a day or two and hopefully she'll be like her usual self. It's so hard when our pets get old.

ThinGirl- CONGRATS on your self-control!!!! You are going to look awesome for your cruise!!! 6,000 square feet, wow! Sounds like a dream house. I have a good friend who has 5 bathrooms, she cleans them every other day, can you imagine?! I work outside the home and she doesn't. I always say she's taken domestic engineer to a new level (she also irons socks & underwear).

Got2- for breakfast out, I love a spinach omelette (eggbeaters), light on the cheese, no toast and a half order of hash browns. For lunch I typically have a salad with grilled chicken, balsamic vinegrette on the side, or sometimes I'll have a grilled chicken rollup, dressing/sauce on the side. Good luck!

I finally made my reservations for my rental car for California. I'm sort of anal about finding the best price and had to research the best deals, online coupons, codes, etc. I'm satisfied that I got the most bang for my buck. On the other hand, my flight to California... when I went to reserve my seat I'm stuck in the middle seat (I'd like an aisle but would settle for a window). Anyway, it's a 4 3/4 hour flight so I'm thinking I'll try to purchase one of the aisle/window seats that Northwest makes available 24 hours before departure. What a scam! All for a little comfort. On the way back I have an aisle seat.

Sorry, just jabbering. I've done pretty well today except for a slipup when I got home from work - had some banana bread dipped in choco syrup..why, why, why do I do this?

got2gethealthy
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
welcome newbies..i have only been on alli since monday and so far i have not had any problems. at target today a bought the biggest loser complete calorie counter. it was only 6.49 and has everything in it. really recommend it. i am so glad your sweet little dog is ok. what a relief :hug: breakfast turned out to be lunch and i had a chiken salad, low fat dressing on the side. i dont know how to count it though as the chicken was cut in pieces. so i will count high to be on the safe side.

bobbigene
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Glad to hear your doggie is back home and doing well! I was a basket case when I had to put my cocker spanial down Nov 2005. I'd had her for 10 years. I got her at the pound, they said she was about 4 and had been a stray. Now I just have the 2 cats, but they are both 14 or 15. Got them from the pound too. I'm starting to think about getting a little fluff dog.

Back on track and eating like I should after going way out of control over Labor Day. Gotta go now and do my exercise tape!

StillTryin
09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Tammy, I wish the house you know of was here....lol I am also glad pup is back home, that is so comforting!

I did pretty good today, I am trying to eat every 3 hours or so. I am hoping that it will keep me from snacking throughout the day....if I know I can eat again soon I wont be as tempted to grab something.
I had 2 eggs and 1 slice of toast for breakfast, a soup at hand 110 cals, at snack, then 1/2 sandwich (turkey/tomatoe) and then some red licorice (sp?) a few baked lays, then for dinner a small bowl of chili and a SMALL bowl of cripex with 1% milk for my late snack! I know I was over in actual calories but I will work on that.....

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi guys, I am still hanging in there. Did my cardio today (haven't done it since last Friday) bad, bad me. Had a good healthy dinner and ate well all day.

I went to see a house today, it's only 6 houses down from mine. I saw it was up for sale and I was curious. Our house needs some renovations, the kitchen needs done, the basement is not finished, and I'd like to have a large jacuzzi tub upstairs one day. This house I looked at - has all of that, the kitchen is gorgeous with granite counter tops, the jacuzzi tub is amazing, the basement is perfect, it has the nicest hardwood floors and a new staircase. I'm going to try and talk my hubby into looking at it tomorrow - am I crazy? it just seems so much easier to move, then to renovate. Closing date would be October 30th though, wow, that's close and I would probably have to cancel my trip on Nov 19th to Europe.

I'm nuts, aren't i?

Tammy
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all of the good wishes about Kramer. He is in his bed and snoring right now. lol

Bright, glad you were able to get the reservations for the car finished. Has to be a relief. I cry when I have to leave Kramer at the vet, or when we leave him at the Pooch Parlor (doggy hotel). Your banana bread and choc. syrup really sounds good right now!

Got2, I do the same thing when I'm not sure about how to count something. I'd rather count something too high rather than too low.

bobbigene, I can't find my walk off the pounds video. I am so bummed! I guess that shows how long it's been since I've done it. Let us know if you get a little dog!! We'll help name him/her for you.

Still, I like the idea of eating every few hours, and I've tried to convince my hubby to give it a try.

Thin, I don't think you are nuts!! If the house has what you want, go for it!!! I'd hate to see you cancel your trip, but the house will be with you for a while more than a trip, right?

I've done great on food and water the past week. I've moved my butterfly on my tracker a couple times. Tomorrow is my official Alli weigh in. I should be down at least a pound since last week. I ate some popcorn earlier tonight, so I hope that doesn't blow my weigh in.

got2gethealthy
09-05-2007, 11:32 PM
shy i am happy to hear your husband is doing well, what a relief for you ! http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Tammy
09-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Shy, great to hear!! He'll be up and running races in no time!! Tell him that!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Glad the surgery is all over, that's the hard part. Hope he feels much better as the day goes on. :)

StillTryin
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Shy, glad all is well with Wolf.

Tammy, I like the eating every few hours so far, it is helping me not want to SNACK like a crazy person

Thin, I agree if it is the house you want, check it out, maybe you can manage to do both the house and the trip? It may mean actually moving in a little later, but hey at least the house is yours....lol I wish we could find somehting, no kidding people there is NOTHING to buy here (we live in a small town) there is one 5 bedroom and one 4 bedroom and they are not any bigger than what we have already so we will not buy either of them....if we are going to put the money into a house we want it to be better/bigger than what we have!

Tammy
09-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Official weigh in today. I was down 4 pounds from last week! I just can't believe it. I know it's only supposed to be 1-2 pounds a week, but maybe it's evening out since there were a couple where I stayed the same. I am journaling all foods and drinks, I'm drinking lots of water, I've cut down on eating out. Maybe it all is working for me. I also started the water aerobics class last night, so maybe that gave me a boost. It was soooooooooooo much fun!!!! There were 2 new people in the class that hadn't been there last year. The rest of us are oldies, so it was like a reunion.

Have a great day everyone!!

StillTryin
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Tammy, that sounds great, and what a WONDERFUL LOSS!!!! CONGRATS!

I think I may be beating my "eating" monster, I had a bowl of Crispex, 1% milk and a Dannon Activa yogurt (70 cals) for breakfast about 6:45am, and then at 10am I had my "soup at hand" (tomatoe), and I still just wanted "something" so I walked to the store and got .......GRAPES!!! NO candy, no doughnut, GRAPES!!! So I am snackin on them now, and they are hitting the spot! So about 1pm I should be ready for my turkey on whole wheat sandwich!

Beck1Beck
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeahhhhhh TAMMY!
Great going. Don't question how, just accept and be proud!

I stumbled across this earlier today. Supposed to be a joke, but it hits pretty close to home, for me anyway.
heheheheheeh Enjoy, y'all.

Juicy Squirt

The owner of a drug store walks in to find a guy leaning heavily against a wall. The owner asks the clerk, "What's with that guy over there by the wall?"
The clerk says, "Well, he came in here this morning to get something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him an entire bottle of laxative."

The owner says, "You idiot! You can't treat a cough with laxatives!"

The clerk says, "Oh yeah? Look at him, he's afraid to cough!"

treasaigh
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone!

So far, so good. ;)

Despite this horrible lack of energy I've had lately, since Sarah started school again (or since her birth, really) I managed to do a strength workout this morning, and I feel so much better. A little bloated, probably from fluid in the muscles, but better. It really makes a difference; I always seem to forget that.

Shy - glad your hubby is doing well. Tammy - congrats on your loss - I've heard that sudden loss called "The Whoosh Fairy", when the scale finally catches up with your efforts.

Hellos to everyone!

Tammy
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Still, good for you for what you are eating today!! You are doing great.

Beck, that is funny!!!

Thanks for the congrats on the loss! I just hope I can continue. I have a long way to go.

I went to a new chiropractor today for my back. She took x-rays (which the other guy never did), sat and talked to me for quite a while to get a history (which the other guy never did). I was very comfortable. I go on Monday to look at the xrays with her and discuss a treatment. She thinks that the water aerobics will help immensely. I want to call the Y later and make an appointment with a "trainer". Not sure that's what she is, but she goes into the Nautilus room with a person and works up an exercise program using the various machines and weights. I used to go 3-4 times a week about 10 years ago, but when my parents became ill, I gave it up. My son's back at college, I'm now retired, it's time to get to feeling good.

StillTryin
09-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Tammy, I am glad your comfortable with this new chiropractor, I have been to some who just dont take the time to listen or inform, not a good thing!

I agree with the new chiro about water aerobics being beneficial, they should help, since it is NO impact on joints, I really wish we had someplace here to do that. Our "Y" is 75 miles away! So that is OUT. I think you will like the "trainer" I know I would be more apt to workout if I had someone pushing me, and helping me through. GOOD LUCK!

got2gethealthy
09-06-2007, 03:28 PM
tammy...great weight loss, i weigh in monday. i peeked on the scale again and now it says only one pound not 2 like monday ! i try to remember that 1 -2 pounds aweek is good, but geeez !this will take a year and a half ! but on the other hand where will i be if i dont start losing for:?: a year and a half !!

StillTryin
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
got2get-you are exactly right, where will you be in 1.5 yrs? Heavier? It took time to put the weight on, it will take time to take it off! Slow is better!!!!

Tammy
09-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Still, 75 miles would be a bit far to go to the Y. I'm glad mine is just on the other side of town.

got2, it is going to take me a long time to get where I need to be also. We'll just work our way there together, ok??

bobbigene
09-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow, Tammy! Way to go!! Keep it up girl, you are an inspiration to all of us!

got2gethealthy
09-06-2007, 09:14 PM
thanks guys.patience is not my my strong suit i will tell you that. Glad when this all starts coming off ! having trouble getting my cals up to range (never thought i'd say that !!) I am going to the ankle surgeon tomarrow to get an ankle brace for my foot i had surgery on, so maybe when i start walking that will help 2. Halibut and salad tonight yummy.....sue

Tammy
09-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks Bobbigene!

Sue, I'm not a real patient person either. I just told my hubby that I'd love to lose 4 pounds every week, but I guess I should be pleased if I lose 1. I'm allowed 1800 calories. I have gone over some days, and I have been way under some days. I guess it all evens out somewhere. lol
I'm sure walking will help.

Brightside
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Tammy - CONGRATS!!!! You've been working so hard, great that it's paying off!

Just got off the phone with a friend and she is going to Medical Weight Loss Clenter and has spent close to $1,000. I am shocked at the cost...she's not heavy, in fact she's 5'4 and 135 but wants to weigh 115 - I guess it's all relative. She says she's not comfortable in her body. I was quite surprised that they would even take her but I think it's probably the $$$. Anyway, she's so limited on what she can eat - I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like being able to choose from all the food groups without eliminating any. Alli seems to be all about making healthier choices. She's supposed to lose 3lbs a week. Right now she's on a beef and green vegie cleanse for 3 days. The more beef she eats the more she'll lose (or so she says). ick. i had 3 small plums today that were so sweet they tasted like dessert! I guess we all have to make our own choices! I've done my fair share of crazy diets too. Haven't we all! Allergies are making me crazy - time for a pill. Good night!

Tammy
09-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Thanks Brightside! And people complain about the cost of Alli? I would much rather do it than what your friend is doing. I don't like to be totally restricted like that. I feel good that I can eat anything with a little common sense.

treasaigh
09-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi Got2Be - I'm on the 1 year plan myself. But considering I've been obsessing about my weight since puberty, what's one more year?

Brightside, I feel sorry for your friend! I was thrilled to be able to have 1 slice of pizza last night with my Alli pill - better than the 3 slices I used to have. It's so nice not having to cut the fun food out alltogether!

Man, my muscles are sore. Good sore! I'm off to find some cardio now.

Have a good day, ladies. :carrot:

StillTryin
09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I also agree, at least this way there is no eliminating a food group, we can still have ANYTHING we want, JUST IN MODERATION!

As you can ALL see, I had to BUMP my weight tracker to 177lbs :yikes: I want to be honest! I know *some* of it IS water weight and some of it isnt! But I am determined to get it together!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! I think some is stress from this whole JOB issue, and some is possibly from my switch in thyroid medication a month ago, but I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME (probably most) of it!!!!

Tammy
09-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Tracy, maybe we can spend the next year or so together getting our weights down. I'm in for the long haul.

Still, I haven't wanted to mention the job, but I"m sure the stress is really getting to you. Stress can do terrible things to a person. Also a change in meds can mess things up. When I switched blood pressure medicine in May (I think), my weight jumped 5 pounds overnight, and it took quite a while to get rid of that. Hang in there!!!

got2gethealthy
09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone i am glad to have this board to post on and such good people on it !!:carrot: hang in ther stress and meds can do stuff to the body, just control what you can and maybe walk around the block ! i have started the whole job stress thing now as well. i am looking for full time and sit down because of my ankle. i wish my confidence was higher ! dang it all anyway. so far alli is really working for me. i too like the no restrictions. and it is easy to count calories and fat and not have to worry. Anyone thinking about Alli i say go for it . sue

StillTryin
09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
got2, I have a bad ankle as well and what I do now is fine as far as that goes, I sit at a desk, but I am not *tied* to it, so I can get up and go walk around ect...infact rather than take my two 15 minute (coffee) breaks I go for walks, then I usually take one at lunch time also, just that little bit helps.

I would like to find something different as far as the type of job I have, I am a licensed teacher, but I am currently in sales, I like the sales part, just not what I am selling now..lol So that is my goal, to find a sales job I like! And one that pays better. I am hoping to hear today on the one I had interviewed for, I was told last Friday that I would hear today, and I know the site manager was out all morning....so maybe this afternoon....although I have a feeling it wasnt me they picked (but it would be nice if it was)

dcapulet
09-07-2007, 07:57 PM
just stopping in to wish you all a great weekend!

StillTryin
09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Well I heard about the job and I didnt get it! I was 2nd choice out of the 18 that applied. But they asked if I would be willing to leave my application on file since they will be hiring again in the next couple months for another sales person! So I said yes, and thanked him again....so I am bummed, but OK

Tammy
09-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm so sorry about the job! BUT it sounds positive about the next opening that they'll have, right?? Keep your chin up!!!

treasaigh
09-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh, so sorry about the job. I know that's disappointing. But perhaps something even better will come along!

Well, ya'll, I'm no longer a TE virgin. But nothing I couldn't, er, control. At least now I know what to look out for. ;)

My big thing in the coming week is going to be getting off of sugar. That's always been my weakness, more than purely fatty foods, so I've got to get those cravings under control.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

bobbigene
09-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Good morning all. No change in weight this week so no change in the ticker. The next 10 days will be alli-less since I have to take some antibiotics. Had to have some minor surgery to remove a big splinter from my hand - it was way down in the muscle. Dr told me no alli until I'm done with the antibiotic. The alli plan is already low fat so I guess I'll just cut back a little more on the fat.

Hope all is well with all of you alli-cats!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Alli-gators!Sorry I've been so busy I haven't been able to read/post until just now. Looks like there is a lot to catch up on

Official weigh in today. I was down 4 pounds from last week! I just can't believe it.

Hi Tammy!
4lbs in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: Congrats, that's terrific results :hug:

I managed to do a strength workout this morning, and I feel so much better.

Hi treasaigh, remember that good feeling you had and keep working out, get in a routine, it will really help your weight loss :)

! i try to remember that 1 -2 pounds aweek is good, but geeez !this will take a year and a half
Hi got2gethealthy :)

Yes it can take a long time, and I have no patience either, and sometimes I get down and think it's not fair - I just keep saying to myself, you'll get there, you're getting there, you're better than you were last week or last month or whatever, keep working at it. :hug:

I also agree, at least this way there is no eliminating a food group, we can still have ANYTHING we want, JUST IN MODERATION!
I'm diabetic, so there are things I shouldn't have like white flour, white pasta, white rice, sugar etc... I've switched to whole wheat everything and cut the sugar out completely. I don't know what you guys are doing - but whole wheat is a much better thing to eat when you are dieting. I can only find one or 2 lean cuisines with whole wheat pasta or brown rice - so they are the only kind I eat. White = bad :o

Well I heard about the job and I didnt get it! I was 2nd choice out of the 18 that applied.

Awww.. :( I'm so sorry :hug: but you know what? getting out there, going for interviews, getting your resume done - this is a positive experience and you should be proud of yourself for trying :) Something else will come along. Maybe the person they picked will be a big loser and they will call you next week :D

Had to have some minor surgery to remove a big splinter from my hand - it was way down in the muscle.

Yikes, how did that happen? you poor thing :hug:

As for me.... well, you know about the house I looked at. Well my hubby does not want to move, he says we'll renovate here and make it as nice as that place, but we've been here for over 5 years and haven't done a thing - so it's like he is just saying that to appease me and nothing will get done here. I don't think I'll ever have a big jacuzzi tub or gorgeous kitchen, we had a big argument and didn't talk for a few days. :( Stressed me out completely and I wanted to eat, but I didn't. I stuck to plan all week and did my cardio everyday.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

StillTryin
09-08-2007, 10:28 AM
thin, sorry about the house...we looked at one last night, it is even smaller than where we are, so it is a NO..but we keep trying.

Thanks for all the kind words about the job. I am bummed but that is ok, I will find something else. I was asked to do a long-term substitute teaching contract, which is tempting, but I would have to quit my job to do it so I will have to pass on that. I applied for a few other jobs last week, so we will see what happens. I did email the site manager to thank him for considering me and for keeping my info on file for next time. I also asked him in the email to let me know of anything he thinks may have swayed their choice away from me, so I can improve next time......I doubt I will hear back but you never know, I am always looking for feedback!!!

Brightside
09-08-2007, 12:54 PM
StillTryin- so sorry to hear you didn't get the job. I agree completely with everything ThinGirl wrote - and I'll add that I'm a believer in fate - this one, at this time, wasn't meant for you. The future will bring something better!

StillTryin- sorry hubby didn't want to consider the house. I live with the consumate do-it-yourselfer...my dh can fix or build anything. Sadly, he has no time and the house is his last priority. If it's not broken AND effecting our lives, than it's fine. I paint a room or 2 every year (badly) and he threatens to repaint in a color that he likes, but it hasn't happened yet. He's too busy working 60 hours a week plus going to the cottage most weekends (that place is falling apart so he has to work on it).

Bobbigene - ouch! Hope you mend quickly!!

I caught a cold!! I thought it was just allergies (maybe a contributing factor) but today I've got runny nose, sneezing, aching muscles, slight fever... I feel awful!! I have a ton of stuff to do before I fly out on Wednesday, being sick isn't helping!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Tammy
09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Tracy, I feel that I've done better where the sugar is concerned lately. Good luck!! Oh, and sorry about the TE!!

bobbi, ouch to the splinter!!!

Thingirl, I was well pleased with the 4 pound loss. I hope I can lose at least one this week. We've been trying to switch over to whole wheat also. It hasn't been easy with my hubby. Been there, done that with the hubby about changes to a house. It isn't easy. We did end up moving to a smaller place 1 1/2 years ago because of my health issues. Not a good way to have to move though.

Still, I think that's great that you emailed and asked for some feedback! I hope you hear from them. I think that is only fair.

Brightside, I hope you get over the cold before you leave!! Take care.

Met a couple of friends for lunch today. I had a salad and a sandwich that I made both of them try. How's that for not eating the whole thing?? lol I need to go for a walk later.

dcapulet
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
i have the secret to losing weight....

take anatomy and physiology, and make sure the professor is dissecting a cat. i did that today, and it was AWFUL. I feel like will never eat again.

Tammy
09-08-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL I remember when they did that at the high school. Our elementary is in the same building. I had to walk my class past that room on our way to lunch. I don't think many of them ate those days.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-08-2007, 07:17 PM
A cat?? :faint:

dcapulet
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
A cat?? :faint:

yep. now, i'm not a cat lover by any means, but it was just wrong to me. i was able to not do any actual cutting, but it was still traumatic.

i get to work on it again next week. :?:

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-08-2007, 08:08 PM
i get to work on it again next week. :?:

The same poor cat or a new one? :dizzy:

bobbigene
09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Morning all. Cat dissection? Hmm, maybe when my cats are driving me nuts I'll threaten them with that! I'm sure they get the cats from animal shelters that have had to be put down. I can't say it enough, spay & neuter your pets!

Sorry to hear that the job wasn't to be, StillTryin. Better luck next time. On the up side, each time you interview it should be better than the last time because you have had practice. I know, it's not the kind of practice you want, but practice makes perfect.

I got the splinter when I spent the weekend with some friends at their weekend house. Mr K doesn't park the boat very well and to keep it from hitting the dock, I put my hand out got a big chunk of wood in my hand. I got most of it out, but there was still a little piece stuck way down in my hand. Mrs K is mortified and apologized like crazy. I told her not to worry, stuff happens, they are still my BFFs. I thought it was all pretty funny, having to go to the dr and get x-rays to locate a splinter!

Tammy
09-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Still saying OUCH to the splinter!!!!

My son attends Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. David Letterman was there on Friday for the dedication of a building named in his honor. He has donated money for communications dept. and for numerous scholarships throughout the years. He is a BSU graduate, 1970. Here is his Top Ten List that he gave during the ceremony:

Dave's Top 10 Good Things About Having Your Name on a Building
During the Friday ceremony at which Ball State University's new communication and media building was formally named in his honor, talk show host and BSU graduate David Letterman offered the following "Top 10 Good Things About Having Your Name on a Building."

10. Forget your name, just check the building.

9. On weekends, maintenance crew lets you ride on the floor buffer.

8. By law, they have to let you use the restrooms -- remember that.

7. It's a lot better than having your name on a lame talk show.

6. I'll always have a place to crash after a night at the Locker Room.

5. Great way to show up that jerk down the street with a vanity license plate.

4. People say Letterman is cold and empty, they might be talking about the building.

3. Fun to see the security guard do a double take when he checks your I.D.

2. Cool to hear exterminator say Letterman is crawling with rats.

1. Unlike me, it should still look good when it's 60.

dcapulet
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM
The same poor cat or a new one? :dizzy:

same cat. for the next 8 weeks. :barf:

bobbigene
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Dissecting the same cat for 8 weeks is way worse than the splinter in my hand.

StillTryin
09-09-2007, 08:59 PM
ewwwwww a cat???? I thought the frog in 8th grade was bad enough!

Well I have spent the day applying for several different jobs...all in sales! The sad part is, I could have a teaching job tomorrow if I wanted it bad enough. I would have to live away all week and only come home Friday through Sunday night....they offered me a job in March and I just turned it down because the pay wasnt enough to justify me being gone all week. Sometimes I wish I would have accepted it, because I think it would be a good experience.....but then again, my family needs me here too. GRRRRR