Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Sept 3 - 10!!

Jasmine31
09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

Jasmine31
09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone! I will catch up on post later. been super busy. Got thru the funeral okay and things went really good with his dad and uncle, we are all talking fishing maybe next weekend with his sis too.

I avoided the awful aunt who wanted to donate his body to medical science yet didn't think MOI' should attend. GHis sis said that on that side the aunt and other 2 uncles(finally) stepped up and said they would give her $1,800 for the place in the wall. So looks like we are off the hook for helping.

Canuk, I know exactly what you mean. He IS my ex. But he is also still the dad to my kids. No matter how ugly it got. It is over. Time to heal. But he will always be their dad and I do want his ashes to be at a cemettary somewhere they can visit. That is all they will ever have of him now. :(

When my mom passed on, she had some stuff set up before hand for the funeral but the rest fell to my grandma, when my dad passed on it was just me and my bro. My grandma stepped in and loaned us the money so we could do it. I know what its like to be broke and not know how we could bury a loved one. God helped us with that situation.

Either way it looks as if we are off the hook so, great on that.

Great news ladies!!!!

Okay so we have an 85 Mercury but it is not big enough for our family of 7. It gets Joe to work and back though and me to the grocery store and us to church (taking a few trips).

So we have been praying for a van. Yesterday unexpectedly a company I worked for in 97-98 who didn't pay me for overtime settled a law suit. They sent me a form 2 years ago so I listed all the time I was there, but they sent me back something saying they were only suing for a few months out of that year, not the whole time.

I never heard any more and figured, well God knows, and if he wants me to have any money from this, they have my addy. Didn't hear nothing for years. Well yesterday I got a check in the mail.

The money they owed me "allegedly" was $122.00. But by the time you add in a "paycheck penalty" and a "waiting time penalty" I got a check for $4045.00!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

We are going to get a van with this!!! Hooray! So everyone please be praying that we can find a vehicle, I really want 8 seats cause we do want to have one more kid. (All 5 are mine with my ex)

That it runs great, looks great, that it will be easy for Joe to work on if he needs to. There are so many things we haven't been able to do, like go see family for the holidays who live an hour away(w/out renting a van), go camping, go to the beach, all of us take ONE vehicle to church! :lol:

I have to see what happens with the money situation cause if need be we may be able to do a down payment and then maybe $200.00 a month payments but any more than that I don't think so. I really would rather just buy something outright, we'll see.

I went and got 2 consumer reports books so i will be doing all my research and with Gods help get it. I am looking at the siennas and odysseys right now.

I have seen a few 2004 Odyssey's for $17,000. I am scouriung all the info online too like carsdirect.com. We'll see!

Hope all you ladies are doing great!

lodyangel
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Yay! Don't you love happy surprises in the mail! That is awesome! I hope you get a really nice van! I have the same problem. My SUV only seats 5 so if BF goes anywhere with us we have to take 2 cars! God is watching out for you! (((HUGS)))

Well Last wednesday my weight was up to 215!! By Friday it was 213. I didn't think there was any way that I could make my Labor Day goal. yesterday it was 211, after i had eaten luch...so I knew I had a small shot at 209 this morning! Well I stepped on the scale and I am so happy to report that I weighed in at 209! I made my Labor Day GOAL!!! :cb: :cb:
Labor day goal: Lose 16 pounds! :cb:

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-situp/lb/0/16/16/.png[/url

This is the first weight goal I have ever made at 3fc. And i have been here off and on since 2001!!! I have to say it feels really good! :)

So I did my measurements today. I lost 6.5 inches this past month! That puts me over 13 inches lost total since July! I get another dancing banana! :cb:

Then as you know, I made my August exercise goal, so I am feeling mighty fine today!

I walked today. I was suppose to run, but my head was not in it, so I walked for 52 minutes. Food was good. I ate a salad for lunch and had white chicken chili for Dinner. It was really good!

Well I have jury duty tomorrow! :( I hope I don't get picked for the jury! Please don't pick me! please don't pick me! If i don't get picked I will get to go home before noon, and I deperately need the extra time to do homework!!! I got my books Friday and started on homework last night! I am so far behind!!! Well I hope everyone is doing well. (((HUGS))) to everyone!

Ladiibbug
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Melody!!!!

:bravo: on making your Labor Day goal :yay: I admire your determination with exercise ... 60 minutes, five times a week? OMG, you ROCK! :exercise:

Jasmine ~

So nice to see you back. I hope you and your family are doing OK in this stressful time. :hug: With the terrible times your deceased Ex-H put you and yours through, it is amazing that you found the inner strength to realize that despite all that, you choose to "do what's right" as far as your resources allow because he is the kids' dad. That takes a lot of inner integrity - it's so much easier to turn away and say "forget it, he/she didn't deserve it". Your kids will remember this now and in later years. :)

Re: $$ & Van ... Sounds like God/The Universe is giving back some good karma. You and your family deserve many, many good things and good times! What an amazing surprise!!!! :bubbles:

My Weekly Report

Last wk, Sun - last Sat:

Fit Day Stats: Ave. Daily Cal's: 1517; Ave. Fat %: 16 :carrot:/ Carbs 59% / Protein 25% Would like protein to be higher)

# of 1.4 mile Walks: Four :running: :running: :running: :running:

I'm on plan -- I did buy an apple/cinnamon cake ring and eat it in two days ... but I ate lots of good stuff also so it didn't bust my daily budgets.

Back to put a bigger dent in the 40 oz. bag of spinach (on sale) & finish off fresh peaches & plums (on sale too!).

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Jasmine31
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Melody:

Great job on the exercise and losing!!! Hooray!!!! Jury duty, ugghhhh. Didn't you ask to be dismissed? :lol:

What kind of suv do you have? Well Julie, ex's sis, has a Honda pilot. It seats 8 and what I really like about it to (most important thing is reliabitity) is that it looks small from the outside, ya know? We all rode to the funeral in it, I told Joe to take passenger front seat. Kassandra, my eldest who is a very big girl, Katy, my almost 4 y/o with a HUGE car seat and I ALL fit comfy in the middle seat! The 3 other kids were in the back.

Eventually we are thinking of moving to Phelan, which is one town over. (To buy a house) They have homes priced similiar to this town, BUT with 1-2 acres! They are closer to the mountains and get snow occasionally, they have lots of dirt roads to get to most homes out there. Which is also why I think an suv may be better.

According to the ratings book, I fell head over heels yesterday for the toyota highlander!!!! It has the MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE rating for ALL YEARS!!! It goes up to 2005 and their prediction for 06, and 07 is the same.

I am thinking IF(going to soc. sec. office today so it depends on what the survivor benefits will be as to if we can afford to do a payment or not) we are going to pay $17,000 - $25,000 for a vehicle, and pay for 5 years then we want it to be super reliable and last as long as possible!

My ex had gotten us a Chevy astro van in 2003 that was a 1999 and within a year that thing was falling apart, already needed MAJOR repairs!! He wanted it in the divorce so I was all too happy to let him have it plus the 4 more years of $316.00 a month payments! It wound up getting repo'd. He had gone and got it without telling me otherwise I would of scoured consumer reports books.

I look at that year in the book now and that and most other of the years were completely black marks for the overall rating! MUCH WORSE THAN AVERAGE!It has been discontinued.

We also had a 1994 dodge caravan, bought it in 2000, payed 2.5 years and by the time we were done paying it had serious engione trrouble and is sitting in my garage to this day!

So I wouldn't mind paying $6,000.00 straight up for a van if I knew it would last but after those two experiences, ugghhhhhhh.

According to the ratings, Highlander suv is my first choice, Pilot suv is my second choice, toyota sienna is my 3rd and honda odyssey is my 4th. But I was telling myself we can't compromise on the 8th seat. If we are going to get something that expensive and plan to have another child in the next 2-3 years, then we need every seat! Kass is only 14.5 and even though she can be driving in 2 years, the main point is so we can all go on mini vacations/day trips/ go see my family 1 hour away etc. Christmas, easter , thanks giving.

:( I really want that highlander. Besides the excellent consumer reports ratings, a website forum had ratings. It scored 4.42/5 stars from 200 people. The worst thing people were complaining about on that forum was the back window noise(so you need to roll front windows down too) and the radio!!!! Besides that everyone loved them! JEEZ!!!

The Honda Pilot was like 4.02/5. The odyssesy and the sienna were like 3.62/5 or so. I was hearing some scary stuff about some of the siennas and sludge, and the dealer swearing its your fault etc. idk, also heard there may be some trouble with the passenger air bag.

I was thinking of going with like say a 2004. Cause by 3 years on average most vehicles have depreciated by 45%. So like that one Honda van we seen being $31,000 for a 2007, but $17,000 for a 2004. But it had 57,000 miles.

And then you have the warranty situation. Yes i know I can buy an after market one but do you know how hard it is to get most of those warranty company's to actually pay? :lol:

Also despite reliability ratings it also goes back to how a van was treated and most dealers get trade ins or at an auction. How do we know how that car was treated for those 3-4 years? Someone online was saying their warranty company would not poay for the tranny problem unless they could prove the previous owner did the 30,000 mile tranny flush/what have you!!!

So then I am thinking maybe if we are able to afford a 2007 that has been on the lot all year. With very low miles on it, we'd have that warranty and be the only owners, ya know? So much to think about. :(

Ladiibbug:

So nice to see you back. I hope you and your family are doing OK in this stressful time. With the terrible times your deceased Ex-H put you and yours through, it is amazing that you found the inner strength to realize that despite all that, you choose to "do what's right" as far as your resources allow because he is the kids' dad. That takes a lot of inner integrity - it's so much easier to turn away and say "forget it, he/she didn't deserve it". Your kids will remember this now and in later years.

Thanx hun. Yeah our faith in God has been our rock. It has been very hard these past years. And I kept saying to myself, WHY does he have to be like this? And I reminded myself that if he wasn't like that there would of been no divorce. KWIM? No problem, no divorce, no stressful situation after the divorce. If he could of been a nice guy and been peaceful and etc, etc, we would of still been together cause that was the problem in the first place! uggghhhhhh.

Re: $$ & Van ... Sounds like God/The Universe is giving back some good karma. You and your family deserve many, many good things and good times! What an amazing surprise!!!!

God is great and he does take care of his. Sometimes when you least expect it!

You are doing great on walking and food keep it up!!!!!

My food fell apart last week and I am trying to get back on track with it. Yesterday I finished up at 1350 and then I was NOT hungry at all and dh was craving donuts!!! Cake! pizza! Something! uuuggghhhhhh

I think the donuts are so not worth it but we went out and I had 4 bites of his donuts. Still feel bad but hopefully that wasn't over 100 cals!

Well ladies I have an apt. with soc. sec. this a.m. I am trying to get the last 2 kids out of the house then its a shower for me and Katy, 10:00 is the apt.

I hope we get a whole bunch and she tells me today how much! I am also thinking we should get back pay extra from last month! Well think about it. The way soc. sec. works, if the person died in that month, they are actually not entitled to have benefits that month! I know, stupid!

So if they are not entitled to benefits that month, then you think survivors benefits should start that month.

We'll see.

Oh and I finished up last month at 2120 for exercise!!!

lodyangel
09-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Jasmine: I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara Special Edition. It's really nice. Only seats 5 however. :( It's a mid size SUV, so the gas mileage is do-able. I bought it because I could afford it. It is my first "new" car ever. I really like it. It's a stick so it is alot of fun to drive.

I had Jury Duty this morning. Jury duty only lasted abotu 45 minutes. Today they were selecting the grand jury. I didn't get picked. I actually wanted to, becasue they only get called about once a month and they are only there until noon. Now I will have to serve on actual trials! They take all day, sometimes into the evening, adn I won't know that I have to go until 3 days before hand! UGH! I am not happy. I will be on-call until after the New Year. :(

I went to the grocery store afterwards and bought the stuff we needed. 144 dollars and it will barely last 2 weeks. I went to Save-a-lot first and bought the bare necessities. There was a girl in line in front of me. Aproximately my height and weight. Her cart was filled with cheap junk food. Stuff I will no longer bring into my house. I felt smug at first as I waatched her put her multiple cans of ravioli's, spaghetti-o's, totino's pizza's, chips. And then i realized I was no better then her. A few years back I bought the same way. Besides as I saisd she was buying the "cheap" food, so she probably was trying to stretch her dollar as far as possible. Someone needs to tell her you can buy healtier food. Yes it is more expensive, but the healthier stuff makes multiple meals, and fills bellies up a whole lot better than a can of generic ravioli's. But it is not my place to judge how she eats. hopefully, she will research for herself one day and find out there are healthier ways to eat. Besides, the corn dogs in my cart (for the kids, not me!) Aren't exactly the healthiest thing to feed your kids! :lol:

Well the plan for today is to CLEAN the house until about 2:00 when i will settle down for homework for an hour and then probaly nap for half an hour and then back up to get kids off of bus, and to get back to more homework. Then cook Dinner, Not sure what that will be...considering Taco' for the kids. I don't like Taco's though so I would eat a salad...or a roast beef sandwich...Oooh That sounds good, so Roast beef it is. Then, at about 8:00, go run for 25 minutes-no walking. I am behind on my running. Thanks to the little camping trip over the weekend and my inability to bring myself to run yesterday. I just gotta get back in the groove of things.

Well I hope this finds everyone doing great! Have a Awesome day Chickees! :D

Bajachick3
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
hi there all...I am a repeat joiner...I have not gained it all back..and want to get back on track,,,,I am committing to getting back down to 190..which is a great weight for me..I am big and thick..hee hee..lemon water..and writing down everything that enters my mouth...that is my way. Hubby wants to lose also...so we are teaming.....thanks for listening..nance

iriswhispers
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
welcome, nance!

melody... ROCK ON!!!! congrats on meeting your labor day goal! :bravo:

jasmine... i'm so glad to hear good things are finally coming your way. best of luck in finding a nice reliable van for the family! =)

as for me... i'm not doing very well. i keep getting stressed and trying to avoid things, which for me means stuffing my face to pass the time instead of doing things i really need to get done. NOT GOOD. i haven't weighed myself recently - no need to, i can tell by the fit of my pants that i'm back in the 140's. ugh. just FRUSTRATED. :mad:

Canuk4
09-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi all, just dropping in tonight to say hi and glad to hear of the downward slide for alot of you gals.

Jasmine, glad that the funeral went okay and that part is over for you, also glad the kids will have a place to go, when they feel the need and that you did not have to put out any money. Congrats on the cheque!!! We bought a Honda Accord in 2002, we just made our last payment in August, we love the car and so far have done all the book said to do at the proper mileage times and have not had any problems. I hope you can find what you want and the family will all fit in. My whole family own's Honda's or Toyota's, nieces and nephews as well as my own kids. They have good ratings usually.

Weight is 218.6 as of tonight, have been somewhat careful, but can do better, especially with the water. But pleased at the weight loss anyhow.
Definately have to start to record what I am putting in my mouth!!!

By the way, the board has some Canadian's as well as American ladies, just for info purposes. It is open to everyone. And I love my American relatives, but am also proud to be Canadian!

Have a good day tomorrow ladies!
Sharon S.

lodyangel
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank God for long weekends! I still didn’t want to come back to work this morning.

I ran 25 minutes last night, then strength trained! Workout time was a total of 70 minutes!! :cp: Food was good yesterday as well.

Food today has been:
1-3/4 oranges
SB southwestern wrap
1 c raw broccoli
1 carrot
3 T of Ranch dressing
1 SF Jello

I have been hitting the water pretty hard, since I was dehydrated last night when I ran. I had to call Mom to get her to leave me a water in her mailbox so I could grab it and drink on the run. No stopping for me! :lol:

I watched biggest loser and think the new show will be interesting with Jillian back. She is too hard core for me, but she will whip those “outcasts” into shape for sure!

Today will be rushed, as I have to leave work a little early to go collect DD to go to her new dance class. Then back home to homework and workout. I don’t even remember what my scheduled workout is for today! Well off to do some work!

Canuk: :cb: Congrats on the loss. :cp:

Iris: Hang in there. I think you stress too much about what you eat. Every bite you put into your mouth does NOT have to be perfect. It's all about moderation. I am a binge eater too, and I had to experiment to find what works for me. I always said I could lose weight if I could quit eating cold turkey...Well I can't do that for obvious reasons. So I devised a "plan" that works for me.
#1.) I never eat breakfast-ever.
#2) I eat a VERY light lunch. Usually between 300-500 calories. (I really like the SB meals for this.)
#3.) Then I eat WHATEVER I want for Dinner. 9I do try to keep Dinner under 1000 calories!!!)
#4) No snacking EVER! This works for me because I do not feel deprived. Also, It limits the amount of time that I am allowed to eat. So when the Binge Monster visits, I just do my darnedest to find something else to do. This works for me. I have days when I have slipped off my plan. But I have only had 1-2 days where I have binged in the last 2 MONTHS. That my dear, is a huge record for me. I'm not saying my plan will work for you, but experiment and find what feels good, and what will work for you. You can do this. I know you can! :dust:

Nance: :welcome:

stopeating
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Jasmine,

So many times people end up with payments plus car repairs. I know your experience hasn't been good in the past, but maybe you should give it another shot. YI just don't want you to have regrets in a year or two. Okay my two cents worth from someone who's been there and done that.:hug:

Ladiibbug
09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
:welcome2: BajaChick!

Jump right into the group! Are you on any special diet? :cringe: Or should we say "plan"?

Today was a "walking" day, but we woke up to heavy smoke, blown into our area overnight from a forest fire 100 miles away. *yech* Wayy too smoky to even consider going out :( The winds are not going to blow the smoke away until tomorrow afternoon ... by then it'll be 96*, too hot to walk, so we'll aim for Friday. I miss walking!! Never thought I'd see that day when I began my program July 1. :)

Rhighlan86
09-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Jasmine, I saw that you were considering a Honda....all I gotta say is I give it three thumbs up. Honestly the airbags and safety features on the honda saved our lives in the recent car wreck we were in. If we didnt have the 7 point airbags I wouldve hit the window and my mom and dad (both in the front) would've had a lot more problems. We have a CRV as they didn't need anything larger but everyone that I know that has had a Honda loves it! So just a little bit of info hope it helps :)

iriswhispers
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
i survived today... had a bit of a breakdown due to non-food kind of issues (financial ones, actually), but i'm kind of glad i did. if nothing else, i realize that i will be okay. i'm not sure exactly how, but i know things will come together.

thanks to melody - i have to say i completely agree with not allowing myself to snack. i'm constantly being told that the body needs 6 small meals a day, a little nourishment every three hours, and i just CAN'T do that. when i lost weight before, i didn't do that. i'm really trying to just eat three meals a day and not worry about what i eat at meals. however, i have this horrible tendency to finish my meal and then go rummaging through the fridge and cupboard for other stuff, even if i'm not really hungry.

lodyangel
09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wnr2m5L/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wnr2m5L/)

I did 25 mins of Denise Austin Arms & Core tonight. I am really tired and need to go to bed.

Canuk4
09-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi ladies, glad to see everyone seems to be on track. Welcome to the newcomers. SD Gal where are you, it is okay if it was a bad week, you can get back on track again, I have faith in you.

I had a great day, food was great, got veggies and fruit in and also water, exercise was not the best, still hoping to get in a little before bed!!! Maybe. Weighed in this morning at 216.2 so that was a help to keep me on track.

Thanks for being there for me, best of luck to all tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Canuk4
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Is this some cruel trick, I finally get back on the boards after being away most of the summer and everyone stops posting. I feel very sad and alone, have checked to see if I have missed a new thread twice, but nope.

Anyhow yesterday and today have been good days for me, eating well, exercised by walking 3 miles with my tape yesterday. Knee pretty bad today, so taking it easy. Water was good yesterday, down a little today.

Have a good Sat. my friends.
Sharon S.

P.S. Jasmine, SD Gal, Stopeating and all you others, please come back!!!

lodyangel
09-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Workout

6:20 AM: I arrive at the park and take note that the sun has not even shone itís first ray of light yet. Itís dark. There is enough light that I can see the path so I begin warm up anyway. I walk/stretch for 5 mins then run for 25 non-stopÖand I didnít avoid any hills this time. I take note that the only people at the park this early in the morning are men. WeirdÖ Where are all the working out women? Most the men stay on the back trail which is much more hilly then the trail I run. Itís flat with one major hill. I guess I am the only woman around brave enough to work out with all those men around in the dark. By now, their presence is known to me, and I feel comforted knowing they are around somewhere.

9:00 pm Denise Austin warm up- 5 mins/ Arms and core-15 mins/ butt and core- 15 mins

Here I must say that now when DA gives us options to take it to the next levelÖI am doing just that, especially with the ab work. It amazes me how when I first started tat I could hardly hold in my stomach and now while crunching on the ball I hold my weight out straight armed above my head and lean way back off the ball. Iíve come a long way even if others arenít noticing too much yet.

Total workout time: 65 mins

Workout goal for September: 1260/286 done/974 to go!

I donít know why but I wish someone would notice Iíve lost weight besides people who know I have been trying. No one else has said a word and I really would like some confirmation that I am smaller. I know itís shallow. I shouldnít need another personís approval or attention, I am doing this for me after allÖ But it would be nice if one person said ďHey Mel, You look like you have lost weight.Ē Yeah, that would be real nice.

I donít know what is going on with the Fridayís around here, but lately they have really sucked! There was alot of drama at work today, and then BF was an @$$ again. I still have tons of homework and tons of things to do for work. I didnít do anything since I have been home from work. Oh well, There is always tomorrow!

Tomorrow I have soccer practice. I coach DS3ís team. DS2 has practice at the same time so we will be at the park for 2 hours. I figured after my practice is over I can walk the trail with DS3. Get my workout in!

Food today was terrible. I really blew it. It was the stress that got me. Just couldnít handle what was going on and my friend food was there to comfort. Darn it! When am I ever gonna learn? Tomorrow I start back with the dialy plate and am shooting for 1400 calories again. I have had pop several times this week...I had some this weekend while camping and now I have not been resisting it. Tomorrow I will be pop free again and downing the water. Evian Here I come!

Average weigh in this week...210! 2 pounds down!!! :cb: :cb:

lodyangel
09-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Sharon: I am with you...Where is everyone??? :congrats: on eating well and exercising. I have a bum knee too. They are no fun. I recommend icing it after workouts, it does seem to help. 10 mins on at a time. Have a good weekend!

iriswhispers
09-08-2007, 12:21 AM
melody - congrats on sticking to your workout plans and pushing yourself! it's really great to notice progress in terms of being able to do things you couldn't before as well as in your looks.

sharon - congrats on two good days! also, i don't think i was around when you used to be on here a lot, but i have to agree that it was much busier on here when i started a few weeks ago...

tonight i went to a free bellydance class in town and had SO MUCH FUN! i LOVE the instructor, who's about 60 years old and completely normal in build. she actually has a belly!! and she is completely okay and unashamed about it. the other people there were also of all shapes and abilities, but everyone was just having a good time and learning. it was such a positive experience. i'm seriously thinking i should scrape together some cash and start taking the actual class, which is on wednesday nights.

Canuk4
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Thanks Melody and Iris. Melody, I understand completely how you feel, believe it or not I was thinking the same thing today. Since I started losing weight, I have lost 39 lbs, joined here at 242, but had been up to 255. You would think that someone, even in the family would notice the loss, but no-way. Oh well, it ended up I was a little bad tonight had one piece of pizza, have been craving it all week, oh yeah and a little dip too. But was offered more and stuck to the one piece, so pleased at that. Got my water up too.
Melody you are brave being out so early in the morning and with men around, think I would just hide.

Yes Iris a bum knee is know fun and I hate taking pain meds. like I am suppose too, your right I should be icing it though, thanks for the reminder.
Yes I have been away a lot, we have a cottage and have been there most of the summer. Home now, have to get with the planning for my daughter's wedding the end of Nov. She is driving me crazy, so if I disappear again, I have gone to the cottage for a rest. ha ha (considering I just got back)!

I am suppose to get my knee operated on, but I am too fat, too short and too young, so one surgeon told me. Then said call me when you lose 20 lbs. What a jerk. I will not be doing anything till after the wedding anyhow. What is the matter with your knee, if I may ask?

Well time for bed, talk at you tomorrow ladies. Thanks for posting, I was really feeling lonley.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
sharon - one piece of pizza is not bad, in fact it's great that you could eat it and not take a second. i'm getting pizza for lunch with my mom and my aunt today, and i hope to have as much willpower as you! (i'm thinking i might have two pieces. but that really is it!)

lodyangel
09-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Workout Today was...

30 mins Tae-bo Basic: My DVD player is broke. It won’t play the DVD’s so I dug out the old VHS tapes. This is the first Tae-bo. I think the old ones are alot harder then the new ones…Maybe it’s just me, but I was sweating up a storm. Gotta love Tae-bo!

Strength training

Medicine Ball Leg Raises- 5lb ball: 5. I did 5 of these!I was really feeling the BURN. Not just in my abs, but in my back as well. No wonder this exercise says it will give you 6 pack abs! Sheesh!
Seated Dumbbell Curls- 20 each arm. I’m Getting tired now.
Dumbell squats- 15
Dumbell Calf raises- 25. I’m a wimp today!
Incline Dumbell Flyes- 25. This is the exercise that will help lift back up the poor tired twins.
chest press- 20. This might help too!
crunch w/ 10 pound weight: 25
Arm extended weight (5 lb) crunch: 10

Total workout time: 65 minutes. :cp:

I am really focusing on strength training and toning this month. Where I have lost weight I have a little loose skin. I don’t think anyone else notices, but I notice. Above my knees really bother me. I have been using lots of firming/ tightening lotions to hopefully help that tighten up quicker. My stomach will be a mess when all is said and done too. I already have loose skin (AKA “A flap”) from having all these babies. I am gonna start saving for a tummy tuck. I am almost positive I will have to have one to get rid of all the skin on my lower belly. YUCK! And who wants to be thin and not wear a bikini because your flap will show! Ewww! I am grossing myself out!

I am going to spend the night with butthead boyfriend. He is cooking out steak, and you know there is no way I am turning down a good grilled steak! :lol: He makes the best steaks too. Plus, I am gonna get some action tonight. Heck, That’s the only thing he’s good for… a good steak and an O!!! :lol:

Sharon: It was me who said I have a bum knee. I don't really know what is wrong with it. I hurt it in a wreck a few years back. (My knees always hit the dash in wrecks! That is what I get for having long legs!) I was suppose to go back and have an MRI done on it if it kept bothering me, but I never did. So it hurts some while working out, but not enough to stop me. Some days it doesn't hurt at all. It actually hurts LESS now that i have been running. Weird? You think all that pounding wouldn't be good for it, but there are many days now that it doesn't hurt at all.

Iris: The bellydancing sounds fun. I used to have a bellydancing workout tape. The girl on the tape had a belly too!

Well, Off to do my thing. Everybody have a good saturday night!

Canuk4
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Sorry I got the wrong person Melody, re-the knee. I have not done any exercise today, but am still looking towards my walking tape and 5lb medicine ball. dh had the tv for the football game. Now it is mine for the evening. No where near your kind of workout Melody

Food is going good, getting hungry, not sure what I will have, but need something. (Good food of course).

Iris, hope you did okay with the pizza. Your right, we have to have some of the stuff we like or go crazy and over eat, that would be me.

Well daughter dearest went to Tonawanda N.Y. today to try and get some bridesmaid dresses, hope she is successful.

Talk to you tomorrow ladies. Have a good evening. Steak sounds great!
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
09-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi girls sorry for being MIA this week....things have just been a little crazy. I've made some decisions in my life and trying to set them into motion.

1. I decided to quit work and focus completely on school and getting into grad school. I am a senior and honestly working isn't going to help me get into grad school....good grades are.....the way to good grades = focusing on school 150% So theres that

2. I switched from calorie counting to WW points and guess what....even though I haven't been completely perfect (still trying to get back in the groove of points) I've lost 5 lbs! I was calorie counting for over a month and lost and gained the same 2. :carrot: So once I get back on track completely I have a feeling it's going to fly off again!

3. I am attempting to dye my hair tonight. I have dyed it many times before myself no biggie, but tonight I am adding highlights. Boyfriend thought I would look good with some highlights so I'm trying it. I figure if I mess it up another dye over and it's better. I got my haircut and I am starting to enjoy it more and more. It was definately different for me.

I need your advice though.....I took this a little harshly, but when I came back from getting my haircut and getting new makeup(finally found some nearly light enough for my fair skin ....emphasis on nearly). Boyfriend said he liked it and he said it was nice to look at something different cause looking at the same thing every day gets boring.....am I wrong for getting a little offended. He said he didn't mean it in a bad way it was just a statement...I dunno I guess I'm just sensitive.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!!!

SD Gal
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Good morning goils! I haven't been around as much as I'd like to.. work has been busy and so has home, really. I never seem to have near as much time as I'd like to.

Well, I didn't make my monthly goal last week but I dont care. I'm still working on it. I can make it up for next month, right? RIGHT! :carrot:

I broke down and did mexican food and a margarita last night for dinner, the first time in a while, actually. I'm still on track however so I'm not killing myself over it. With seeing a loss this week, (surprisingly so) I'm still feeling good about myself. I'm hoping to see under 150 by December and realistically, that's my long term goal.

Have a super Sunday.. :hug:
Love~
Michelle

Rhighlan86
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Well ladies heres an update about my hair.................I LOVE IT! I'm actually thinking about adding a few more highlights cause I love the color soo much. It makes the haircut look amazing. I keep playing with it. I feel so good right now....it's amazing how makeup that actually works for you and a great hairstyle makes you feel so much better and so confident. Woohoo. I think bf is getting sick of hearing about it, but he likes it too so it's ok. :dance:

Ladiibbug
09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Ladies!

I missed my goal last week of walking 1.4 miles four times per week due to heavy smoke from a forest fire about 100 miles away :( I did manage to walk 3 times. The wind is constantly shifting the smoke in various directions, so we (me and the dogs) get out when the air is clear.

Boy, I sure miss being able to get out and walk. You know what they say about runners and regular exercises who get antsy when they can't run / exercise ... I was feeling a strong desire to get out and WALK!! That's a very good thing, as for years the ONLY thing that got me out walking was my dogs circling and howling, and my Riley boy bringing me his leash and hitting me in the leg with it till I walked them.

Food is good, no binges. But then again, even if I get a craving or get up at 11:30pm looking for a snack, there's only low cal, FF snacks in the house, so I can't do much damage at 35 calories each.:cool:

Sharon

WOW, you walk 3 miles at a time? Right on :running: That's too bad about your knee. Do you take Celebrex (RX anti-inflamatory + ibuprofen or is it acetaminophen?) I do, in the winter when it's cold for fibromyalgia and my aching joints. I'm hoping losing weight will ease the winter pain in my hip and knees. Will you persue (sp?) knee surgery later on?

And :bravo: on the 39 lb. weight loss! That is so excellent! I'm with you and Melody in wishing someone would notice my 17 lb. weight loss. And Melody, I *DON'T* think that's shallow!!! Taking off weight is hard work.

Maybe we should all congratulate each other ... "Sharon!! OMG, you look soooo great! Just LOOK at you!!!" "Melody, girl, Wow!!!" :dizzy:;)

I wonder if people aren't saying anything because they are afraid they'll be considered rude ... you know how sensitive most people are about weight and age. I bet, especially for Sharon, people HAVE noticed your 39 lb. loss. Mel, I can't remember how much you've lost. Me at 17 lbs. down, I can see people not noticing yet, tho truthfully, I've been a bit disappointed that one friend hasn't said a word. But I haven't mentioned my weight loss efforts, either.

There was a thread here recently on 3FC (not in this group) about someone who had lost a lot of weight. A friend or co-worker asked how much she'd lost and/or how much the gal had weighed before her weight loss and there was a lot of discussion about the rudeness of that. (Actually I think it is VERY rude to ask, "so what did you weigh before you lost the weight?".)

Hope everyone has a good week! I'm busy finishing my spring cleaning!

Canuk4
09-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Well Ladiibbug my congrats go to you, you look fabulous darling, and Melody oh my gosh, where did you go too!! I agree we have to do it for ourselves.
I can't really figure out why no one says anything, although this has been a pattern for me, for a lot of my life.

Did good with food today, got all my fruit in too (went back to the frozen bag blend) easier and I know I get enough. Stir Fry with chicken tonight for supper and made it a little hot, so drank a lot of water. Just got my exercise from cleaning and laundry and up and down the stairs, still might try the one mile walk tonight.

Becky, glad your hair turned out so great and it is hard to get make-up that is just right, I am sure you look beautiful and what a nice boost for you.
I coloured my hair yesterday and am going for a cut tomorrow, can't wait.

Congrats SD Gal for your loss, your doing great! I am sure you will be below 150 by Dec. you go girl!

Well ladies, have a good Monday, talk to you then.
Sharon S.

Jasmine31
09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I have been sooo busy sorry I haven't been here gals! Food has been BAD!!!

Exercise has been great! :lol:

We did look at a few older used vans and they were a nitemare. 93 Toyota previas for $3,000 and the guy who wanted $3,500 and we talked him down to $2,700.00 after alot further investigation the van has serious electrical problems!!!! His name and his brothers name whom he swore was on the title wasn't. We ran like heck!

The last thing we need is an unreliable money pit. I have a plan though. Between the settlement, and saving, really watching the budget, and taxes next year, God willing we would have $13,000.00 instead of $4,000. to spend on a van. That would be by March. Right now thank the Lord our monthly income jumped from $2,400.00(net) to $3,250.00 (net). That is $850.00 more than we are used to.

BUT with 7 of us that budget was TIGHT. God still provided our needs and we made it though. But it feels so good to breathe again. You know?

There are so many things that come up and I know the kids have lots of stuff they want to do, karate for the boys, an art class for kass, cheerleading for Karolina. We want to take them to the drive in, the beach, the mountains, etc. These things don't cost "alot" but they do start adding up.

If we were to get a van right now we could be looking at an easy $500-$600 a month payment! Ouch!!! Factor in $100.00 for insurance, not to mention gas and maintenance etc. We would not be able to do it. We would be back to being super tight again and not able to go any where or do anything.

But if we get some crappy older van there would be no reliability. We would be looking at a money pit and Lord knows how much we'd have to throw at it and then what breaks down next?

So we are really liking the idea of saving. It's not every day you get tossed $4,000. We save that, save the extra we are getting in the monthly. Tax time last year we got $5,000.00 so we are expecting the same this year. So I deducted $1,000.00 to just spend. All that if we watch it could be $13,000.00 come March.

I REALLY want the pilot. Those are like $25,000. That is why we are hoping we could do $13,000 down and seriously lower the payment. I am thinking maybe $200.00 a month. I don't really want more than that.

Or if nothing else, we seen that one honda oddyssey that was a 2004 for $17,000 on the dealership. That would be alot more feasible. That sounds a 100 times better than a 93 van with electrical problems. We really want the pilot though. My first pick(cause I am most concerned with reliability) is the highlander. BUT it only seats 7. And we want one more baby.

Second choice reliability according to consumer reports is the pilot, 3rd choice is the toyota sienna, 4th choice is the oddyssey.

Anyhow, this is what I have been up to lately.

lodyangel:

That is so cool! What year is it? How much was the over all cost? How much down/payments?

You know what else I seen that had surprisingly really good reliabilty ratings, the subaru forrester! lol Its only $2,000 cheaper than the others though and I have no clue as to how many seats.

I went to the grocery store afterwards and bought the stuff we needed. 144 dollars and it will barely last 2 weeks. I went to Save-a-lot first and bought the bare necessities. There was a girl in line in front of me. Aproximately my height and weight. Her cart was filled with cheap junk food. Stuff I will no longer bring into my house. I felt smug at first as I waatched her put her multiple cans of ravioli's, spaghetti-o's, totino's pizza's, chips. And then i r

I know what ya mean! Unfortunately it's the "rich" who can afford to be thin and healthy. Unless you are like us and know how to get all the bargains.

Bajachick3:

hi there all...I am a repeat joiner...I have not gained it all back..and want to get back on

Welcome! Its good to have ya!

iriswhispers:

jasmine... i'm so glad to hear good things are finally coming your way. best of luck in finding a nice reliable van for the family! =)

Thanx sweetie!! *HUGZ*

as for me... i'm not doing very well. i keep getting stressed and trying to avoid things, which for me means stuffing my face to pass the time instead of doing things i really need to get done. NOT GOOD. i haven't weighed myself recently - no need to, i can tell by the fit of my pants that i'm back in the 140's. ugh. just FRUSTRATED.

awwww, buckle down! You can do it! Remind yourself this is also about being healthy and that means eating right!

Canuk4:

Jasmine, glad that the funeral went okay and that part is over for you, also glad the kids will have a place to go, when they feel the need and that you did not have to put out any money. Congrats on the cheque!!! We bought a Honda Accord in 2002, we just made our last payment in August, we love the car and so far have done all the book said to do at the proper mileage times and have not had any problems. I hope you can find what you want and the family will all fit in. My whole family own's Honda's or Toyota's, nieces and nephews as well as my own kids. They have good ratings usually.

Thanx so much for your kind words hun! We are just trying to get back to normal and pull our lil family together again.

Yeah they generally have great ratings! I am disappointed in the honda van though, some of the years on that are rated "just average" , the 99, 2001, 2002, 2005, and that is consumer reports and their prediction for the 2006 and 2007 are just average as well! eek!

The 00, 03, 04 were better than average and the 98 was much better than average!

The pilot(honda's small 8 passenger suv) is 03, and 05 better than average and 04 is much better than average, 06 and 07 predictions are better than average.

What I loved about the highlander was the ratings for all 5 years plus upcoming was much better than average.

*sigh*

The highlander actually has the camry's chassis and people say it feels like that car and it has the lexus engine and tranny!

Great job on losing!!

stopeating:

Jasmine,

So many times people end up with payments plus car repairs. I know your experience hasn't been good in the past, but maybe you should give it another shot. YI just don't want you to have regrets in a year or two. Okay my two cents worth from someone who's been there and done that

Thanx for the advice hun. But I didn't understand, are you saying to get a car payment or no? lol

Yeah that is why I am seriously scanning the reliability reports and looking online to see what owners are saying. The one time we had a hnda was bought in late 1994, it was an 89 honda civic si ad that thing had 89,000 miles on it and ran like a dream!!!! I LOVED it. It only needed a battery and change the tires while we had it for a year, unfortunately it got totalled in an accident!

*hugz*

Rhighlan86

Jasmine, I saw that you were considering a Honda....all I gotta say is I give it three thumbs up. Honestly the airbags and safety features on the honda saved our lives in the recent car wreck we were in. If we didnt have the 7 point airbags I wouldve hit the window and my mom and dad (both in the front) would've had a lot more problems. We have a CRV as they didn't need anything larger but everyone that I know that has had a Honda loves it! So just a little bit of info hope it helps

Thanx so much for the info hun! I am so glad you guys were okay. That is what I am looking at to is the safety feaures. I am really liking all those air bags! I see the newer vehicles have lap and shoulder belts, very cool! What year was the crv? How fast were you guys hit at?

What is going on with the ins. companies?

iriswhispers

i survived today... had a bit of a breakdown due to non-food kind of issues (financial ones, actually), but i'm kind of glad i did. if nothing else, i realize that i will be okay. i'm not sure exactly how, but i know things will come together.

You know what I had to do in april aftyer gaining weight cause of stress with my ex? I had to buckle down and realize that stress comes and go, better to be healthy and deal with it than gain weight. Ya know? Handle your problems by eating healthy and exercise that is what I had to work on and I lost the 17 pounds and am working on ,more. ;)

Canuk4:

Is this some cruel trick, I finally get back on the boards after being away most of the summer and everyone stops posting. I feel very sad and alone, have checked to see if I have missed a new thread twice, but nope.

Anyhow yesterday and today have been good days for me, eating well, exercised by walking 3 miles with my tape yesterday. Knee pretty bad today, so taking it easy. Water was good yesterday, down a little today.

Have a good Sat. my friends.
Sharon S.

P.S. Jasmine, SD Gal, Stopeating and all you others, please come back!!

Hey sweetie! that is a cruel trick! :lol:

I am back! dh has 3 day weekends and sometimes those are hard for me to get here.

sundays are usually super busy for me! take dh to work at 6:00, get back at 6:30, take a walk for 80 minutes, come back and get me and kids ready for church at 10:00. Rush back here by 12:00 and make sandwiches, grab drinks. Head to park to see dh for part of his lunch. Take kids to target, get shoes for everyone.

Pick Joey up at 3:00, take all kids home. Go with Joe to pick up brochure from dealership, go to costco, go to home depot, go to grocery store, come home, throw oven pizza in.

Spend the rest of the evening outside yapping with kids and dh. It was really nice. :D

lodyangel

Most the men stay on the back trail which is much more hilly then the trail I run. I

Just be careful hun!

Total workout time: 65 mins

WTG!!!

I don’t know why but I wish someone would notice I’ve lost weight besides people who know I have been trying. No one else has said a word and I really would like some confirmation that I am smaller. I know it’s shallow. I shouldn’t need another person’s approval or attention, I am doing this for me after all… But it would be nice if one person said “Hey Mel, You look like you have lost weight.” Yeah, that would be real nice.

Sometimes people may think you'd be embarrassed if they say something!

I don’t know what is going on with the Friday’s around here, but lately they have really sucked! There was alot of drama at work today, and then BF was an @$$ again. I still have tons of homework and tons of things to do for work. I didn’t do anything since I have been home from work. Oh well, There is always tomorrow!

What is he up to now???? ugghhhhh!!!!

iriswhispers:

tonight i went to a free bellydance class in town and had SO MUCH FUN! i LOVE the instructor, who's about 60 years old and completely normal in build. she actually has a belly!! and she is completely okay and unashamed about it. the other people there were also of all shapes and abilities, but everyone was just having a good time and learning. it was such a positive experience. i'm seriously thinking i should scrape together some cash and start taking the actual class, which is on wednesday nights.

That is so cool!

Canuk4

Home now, have to get with the planning for my daughter's wedding the end of Nov. She is driving me crazy, so if I disappear again, I have gone to the cottage for a rest. ha ha (considering I just got back)!

That is really exciting it is getting closer!!

lodyangel

I am really focusing on strength training and toning this month. Where I have lost weight I have a little loose skin. I don’t think anyone else notices, but I notice. Above my knees really bother me. I have been using lots of firming/ tightening lotions to hopefully help that tighten up quicker. My stomach will be a mess when all is said and done too. I already have loose skin (AKA “A flap”) from having all these babies. I am gonna start saving for a tummy tuck. I am almost positive I will have to have one to get rid of all the skin on my lower belly. YUCK! And who wants to be thin and not wear a bikini because your flap will show! Ewww! I am grossing myself out!

What lotions are you using?

I need to start doing strength training too!!

I am going to spend the night with butthead boyfriend. He is cooking out steak, and you know there is no way I am turning down a good grilled steak! He makes the best steaks too. Plus, I am gonna get some action tonight. Heck, That’s the only thing he’s good for… a good steak and an O!!!

:rofl: I love steak and sex!!!!

SD Gal

So good to see ya hun!!!

I broke down and did mexican food and a margarita last night for dinner,

That is a nice treat I love mexican!

Rhighlan86

Well ladies heres an update about my hair.................I LOVE IT! I'm actually thinking about adding a few more highlights cause I love the color soo much. It makes the haircut look amazing. I keep playing with it. I feel so good right now....it's amazing how makeup that actually works for you and a great hairstyle makes you feel so much better and so confident. Woohoo. I think bf is getting sick of hearing about it, but he likes it too so it's ok.

What makeup are you using? I use victoria jackson and like it. What hair color do you have and what hiighlights? (Sorry if I missed where you said.)

Ladiibbug

Hey hun! Glad to hear you are doing good!!!!

Canuk4
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Sounds like everyone is doing pretty darn good. Proud of all your losses and how the exercise for most seem's to be going well.

I was asked if I take Celebrex, and yes I do, am suppose to take the X-Strength Tylenol 3-4 times a day as well, but only take it when I really have too, find it hurts my stomach if I take too much (even the coated kind). I will probably have to have surgery, but since two operations on my arm were unsuccessful, am very nervous about going through it, even tho I know it is more common and there is alot of success stories out there. We have a good friend that just had it done, so I am waiting to see how his goes, then may use his doc if all turns out well.

Got my hair-cut today, it is okay, maybe once I do it, I will feel better about it. Also the colour looks okay. I just got a wet cut today.

Well wedding cake shopping on Friday, should prove to be interesting. Gotta look after some stuff for Dad tomorrow, then maybe Wed. to myself and Thurs. two appts. One for a check-up on the arm, should be interesting to hear what he says.

Oh yes, I did get my mile in yesterday, but not yet today, will after I sign off. I am down to 215.2 as of today. Had a good day with food and not too bad with water. I am feeling better about myself, only still hate looking at myself in the mirror (gross)! Did some strength training for arms with my medicine ball, had to help my bad arm out, using the other arm a little.

Still mad at my brother, because he was mad at me as I sent him a E-mail in regards to him ecnoring my Dad. He lives about 2-1/2 hrs. away. Comes and stays less than 24 hrs, or just to visit after another function around here and visits for a couple hrs. I figure he is retired, he rushed my Dad up to his lawyer to get a new will done and returned him the next day. I think we are going to have major problems in the end. Don't want to think about it. My brother said my timing was lousy as his stepdaughter's, husbands father had been hospitalized and my brother and his wife were looking after there two kids. I think the daughter must of come back. But I never specified when my brother should come down, just to stop ecnoring Dad. I think he was just feeling guilty.

Sorry ladies, just had to get that off my chest!

I think your wise to wait for the car Jasmine, we paid $565.00 a month for 5 yrs. I would buy a used car the next time, especially along the Honda line. We lose to much buying new, just driving it off the lot.

I have been writing down everything I eat, WW style, with points, it helps keep me in check.

Must sign off, thanks for listening ladies, my friends. Have a really good Tuesday. Talk to you then.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I have been off the wagon food wise. I've been trying, but I need to start looking at points before I go out instead of after I come back. To my surprise yesterday boyfriend asked me if I wanted Pizza Hut :dizzy: to most people this does not seem weird, but he never wants pizza. So I was thinking alright he loves their thin crust this works just fine for me, but nope he wanted the new dippin strips. Silly boyfriend. Oh well today is another day. Hopefully once I get all of this salt out of me I will still be at 185 (or lower)

I was just looking outside today and it is pouring and very overcast and I can't help but to think that this is the perfect weather for remembering today.

Thanx so much for the info hun! I am so glad you guys were okay. That is what I am looking at to is the safety feaures. I am really liking all those air bags! I see the newer vehicles have lap and shoulder belts, very cool! What year was the crv? How fast were you guys hit at?

What is going on with the ins. companies?

We were going about 30 or so I figure since we were going across a very very long bridge that was decently trafficy. The air bags in the car were amazing. I didn't realize it, but the side impact airbag is a long airbag that goes from the very front of the car to the back passenger. and it went all the way down to the hip area. I was really impressed with it. Then my parents had their front airbags (the regular ones), those caused the most damage, but they also saved them from a lot worse stuff. My dad's arms were swollen and bruised and scraped up from it going across his arms. Mom had a nasty scrap on her elbow. I had a little raspberry from hitting the airbag, but once again hitting the window would've been a lot worse. Then my parents also had something called a kidney airbag. Not really sure how it works, but it does.
The insurance company is driving us crazy. After all of the stuff that drunk lady put us through they decided we only were due $600 a piece. That's not even enough to cover the medical bills. So we are going to have to have a lawsuit. It's put my parents through the loop. They are in so much emotional pain, my mom is seeing a therapist now and I know my dad is hurting inside because he's broken down a few times. I know in my heart that she has to be going through a lot because she started crying to my dad that her husband was going to beat her good for this, but at the same time she's put my family through a lot too. I dunno.

My parents are sending a card to my boyfriends family for treating us so well during the wreck and everything, but I want to do something else. What do you all think would be a nice thank you gift for someone that has everything (shes rich so she doesnt really need anything in her house) The gift would be for his aunt, his cousin (30yrs), and his other cousin (22).

What makeup are you using? I use victoria jackson and like it. What hair color do you have and what hiighlights? (Sorry if I missed where you said.)

I'm using Clinique products because every single (trust me I've tried them all) foundation at Walmart is too dark for me. I even tried true match that said they match 97% of skin tones....yeah I'm the 3% that doesn't match. THe lady at the counter (i used to work with her so she was really nice to me) had me use a matte concealer which I loved, but I didn't realize that the reason she put the foundation that she had over it was because that too was too dark. I used the concealer and went out thinking I looked amazing and at my mirror at home I did, but in natural daylight I was wrong. :lol:I had spots from the foundation being too dark. I love the makeup because it does make me look like I have great skin, but it's kind of heavy. They were the only counter in elderbeerman that had makeup light enough....so I guess I have to take what I can get. ;)
As for my hair color I have dark brown hair which I dye over with a dark brown because after being in the sun a lot my hair gets bleached and turns a reddish color. I put red highlights in at my boyfriends suggestion. He seems to like them so it works for me. :carrot:

Canuk4
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi all, am sorry Becky the Ins. Co. is being so difficult, I hope they will settle it before you have to do a lawsuit. I might suggest a fruit basket with nuts. Not all that original, but the best I can think of. I just thought of one I got, with different tea's coffee and hot chocolate, cinamon sticks and choc. Hope that helps.

Well spent about 4 hrs at Dad's today, trying to get some sort of filing system going, have to take him for his B12 shot tomorrow. My brother called when I was there, but my Dad new I was mad at him so didn't even tell him I was there. And I had sent him an E-mail after I got his on all he had done, saying all I had to do for him today. He is taking this as an affront to him personally and was telling Dad all he did for me when I was on my own with my kids baby's. Granted he did, but I have also done for him. My point was just get down and visit your Dad more often, he is lonely and needs company and I am only one person and can only do so much.

Sorry I will stop, it just really get to me.

Food was good today, water a little low, again no exercise yet. But last night I managed to do a mile walking, plus more exercises with my medicine ball. Weighed in the same as yesterday.

Have a good tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Jasmine31
09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Canuk:

Got my hair-cut today, it is okay, maybe once I do it, I will feel better about it. Also the colour looks okay. I just got a wet cut today.

Sounds great! I need to get a really great cut soon.

Well wedding cake shopping on Friday, should prove to be interesting. Gotta look after some stuff for Dad tomorrow, then maybe Wed. to myself and Thurs. two appts. One for a check-up on the arm, should be interesting to hear what he says.

SOunds good. You know what we did? For our wedding? We have a stater bros line of grocery stores in the states. I LOVE their cool whipped cream frosting! Anyhow we ordered the cake from them but told them it was for a sweet 16 or something. You NEVER want to mention wedding cause they automatically hike it up!

I think we spent $50.00 and Joe put it together, like the pillars, ya know?

Still mad at my brother, because he was mad at me as I sent him a E-mail in regards to him ecnoring my Dad. He lives about 2-1/2 hrs. away.

You are just going to have to let it go. We went thru that with my mom when she was really sick and had just months to a few years to live.

My aunts would call him at his job about something important pertaining to her, she was in icu. His boss would say he is at the hospital with his mom. Ummmm....NO THEY were at the hospital! lol He was at home on his computer!

At the time I had 4 kids and my dh only was home on sundays so that was my day to go and then sometimes we tried during the week with the kids a little bit but mainly sunday was my day to go. SO I couldn't be there with her all the time.

In the middle of all this my bro decided to up and move to another state! We are in Cali and he moved to N. Carolina!!!!!

He said, "Well I am not going to sit around and wait for her to die!!!"

I said we are not waiting! We are trying to help her live as long as possible!!!

I could go on and on. Let it go. It is his relationship with his dad and you can only do so much, I understand. My two aunts were God sends. Those two worked ft and they were still at her side when they got off work even though it was a drive. (The times when she was in the hospital, not the times she was stable and at home).

My mom got better for a while and came to live with me for a few years. Then she moved elsewhere and then got sicker again and I went to see her as often as I could, but I lived an hour away, no money most the time and going thru a messy divorce ugghhhhhhhh........

I called too and went out when I could. I remember one of my aunts sending me $20.00 for gas once. I have a great family. Her last few years they were really animant(and they had the money to do it) about taking her places and getting her things. I still have a pic of her and my two aunts and grandma at knotts berry farm all dressed up old west style.

They have been there for me and Joe and the kids too. Both my parents are dead. We live like 60 minutes from one aunt and 85 from the other. So we dont see each other often but we talk on the phone alot.

We are always welcome to come to family get togethers but no van is rough. Last year my grandma payed for us to rent a van to come down for christmas and one for easter this year.

We were on a very tight budget most years and generally do $50.00 a kid and just an exchange gift with the family. But last year it was so important to us to go see them after all the stuff they do for us.

We were going to scrimp and no matter what, come out for christmas. My Aunt called me and asked if they could help with part of the van rental and I said we would really appreciate it cause we are really tight, she said don't worry about it we will send a check for the whole thing.

At easter my other aunt asked and I said I had about $100.00 in my budget I could spare w/out dipping into bill money(mandatory two day rental was about $300.00 though) and so I was thinking they may send $200.00, they sent $250.00!

They come up here once at the end of summer and they usually buy the kids a few outfits and take us all out to dinner.

In 2005 in June Joey got free tickets from his work to Disneyland and that is when our old van broke down on the way! We sent it home by AAA and went for a few hours anyways.

We had no way to get home though. They chipped in and paid for a van to bring us home.

When we have gotten our taxes we have offered to give them back some money for helping us and they have refused.

When we got back from Mt in 2004 and the divorce was in full swing we were a few 100 short on the rent to come back and keep the house. They gave us that money.

We don't ever ask unless it is a complete emergency, ya know?

In April this year we were coming for easter and my aunt needed alot of work done on her fence. She had estimated it at about $100.00 to pay someone. She knew Joe is handy and offered us that money to help us out instead. We talked it over and decided quickly that we would just be so happy if we could do it for her for free. 1. She is famiily. 2. Look at all the stuff she has done over the years to try to help us out. That was so cool to finally be able to return the favor. I know that really warmed her heart.

When my dad died a few years ago soon after my mom, my bro and I did NOT have the money to bury him. My grandma stepped in to loan us the money saying we could pay her back when we could. I asked 2 times to get a complete statement so we could maybe start paying back a little at a time and never got one though. SO I just kind of waited. Sam and I were supposed to split the cost. When I got that check from survival I took one of my aunts aside and I told her we wanted to pay grandma back $100.00 towards the funeral cost and when we get our tax check a few hundred more and to start making payments or something.

My aunt thought that was really nice and they all knew these past few years Joe and I have been very limited and struggling with just normal bills and that was nice that now we are more free to want to repay that debt. She said Sam has never said anything. They talked with grandma on the way home and she was happy to hear we wanted to pay her back. She said it is alot of money though and she wants us to repay her only $500.00 each! She will cover the rest! We had him buried so you know that cost. She said starting next January to send whatever we feel comfortable sending toward that amount. She will send my bro a letter letting him know. lol

Anyways the point I was trying to get to is you can't get blood from a stone. Let your brother be. It will only aggravate you more. See if there is other family to help.

Sorry ladies, just had to get that off my chest!

Rant all you want that is what we are here for!! *HUGZ*

I think your wise to wait for the car Jasmine, we paid $565.00 a month for 5 yrs. I would buy a used car the next time, especially along the Honda line. We lose to much buying new, just driving it off the lot.

Yeah I know. I really want a 2007 that has been sitting there. It has already taken a hefty depreciation. I do not want a car someone else has had cause we have the reliability ratings etc but it is only as good as someone has been taking care of it ya know? And there are half a million hurricane katrina vehicles out there! And they send themn to other states to launder the title! Remember that 93 van we were looking at I think it was claimed a salvage as stolen but the title said year first sold in 2000! It should of said 93, or even 92!

I am definately using carfax when I do this next year. I am just going to keep collecting info. I was a bit miffed yesterday. I put in a mock 24,000 price with a 13,000 down and 60 months and at 8% interest or so it said I think $280.00 a month, but if we get hit with 18% it said 350.00!!! Good Lord!

If there is anyway I possibly can I really do NOT want a payment. That way I can just have the extra income to take the kids to do stuff and not be cutting it short. I know the 2004 we seen said 20,000 marked down to 17,000. The only way I want to go that route is if I can get exact maintenance records ya know? Another thing I am a little tempted to do is to buy a 2007 camry or civic(need to check prices but should be cheaper than a van) and that would be 5 seats and I could run most the kids around in that. Kass is a home body so she would probably want to stay home. I would still have room for 4 kids to run them all over the place. If we get Joe a cheap used truck and we all wanted to go somewhere we could take two vehicles. But it still just sounds stupid, ya know? Cause then if we wanted to go down to aunts wed be taking two cars, double gas, not riding together. And then my dream of a vacation going up north is shot, etc.

It is a sad day when you plan on saving $13,000 and still question if it is enough. lol

I am also reading up on extended warrantys. You can get forbes mag rated warrantys online but it seems they dont sell them online in ca. So now I need to source out one that does them regular in ca. And not some crappy warranty company who trys to get out of paying!

Great job on the exercise and food!!

Rhighlan:

We were going about 30 or so I figure since we were going across a very very long bridge that was decently trafficy. The air bags in the car were amazing. I didn't realize it, but the side impact airbag is a long airbag that goes from the very front of the car to the back passenger. and it went all the way down to the hip area. I was really impressed with it. Then my parents had their front airbags (the regular ones), those caused the most damage, but they also saved them from a lot worse stuff. My dad's arms were swollen and bruised and scraped up from it going across his arms. Mom had a nasty scrap on her elbow. I had a little raspberry from hitting the airbag, but once again hitting the window would've been a lot worse. Then my parents also had something called a kidney airbag. Not really sure how it works, but it does.

That is great! I have seen the side curtain air bags in the mags. I read on a forum someone had the pilot and a tornado came and leveled the house but the pilot was in better shape! lol

The insurance company is driving us crazy. After all of the stuff that drunk lady put us through they decided we only were due $600 a piece. That's not even enough to cover the medical bills. So we are going to have to have a lawsuit. It's put my parents through the loop. They are in so much emotional pain, my mom is seeing a therapist now and I know my dad is hurting inside because he's broken down a few times. I know in my heart that she has to be going through a lot because she started crying to my dad that her husband was going to beat her good for this, but at the same time she's put my family through a lot too. I dunno.

Don't cash it! Cause I think that means you agree that is enough!

My parents are sending a card to my boyfriends family for treating us so well during the wreck and everything, but I want to do something else. What do you all think would be a nice thank you gift for someone that has everything (shes rich so she doesnt really need anything in her house) The gift would be for his aunt, his cousin (30yrs), and his other cousin (22).

A basket of nice cheese, crackers, sausages, pepperidge farms?

I'm using Clinique products because every single (trust me I've tried them all) foundation at Walmart is too dark for me. I even tried true match that said they match 97% of skin

Yeah clinique is a really good product too. I think I seen them at costco recently! I am pretty light too.

Canuk4

Well spent about 4 hrs at Dad's today, trying to get some sort of filing system going, have to take him for his B12 shot tomorrow. My brother called when I was there, but my Dad new I was mad at him so didn't even tell him I was there. And I had sent him an E-mail after I got his on all he had done, saying all I had to do for him today. He is taking this as an affront to him personally and was telling Dad all he did for me when I was on my own with my kids baby's. Granted he did, but I have also done for him. My point was just get down and visit your Dad more often, he is lonely and needs company and I am only one person and can only do so much.

See if there is a senior citizen group to get him involved in!

iriswhispers
09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
hmm i've been absent for a bit here... i'll have to catch upon all of your posts in a bit. i've been struggling, but today i felt somehow really blessed and like i was offered a fresh start... which i'm DEFINITELY taking.

i walked along with my roommate and her kids on her afternoon paper route, pushing the stroller, so that was a nice walk of about 2 miles. extra nice because the weather is finally turning a bit cooler and a LOT less humid. thank goodness!

and tonight i'm starting my first official middle eastern dance class (aka bellydance) :belly: so i'm SUPER excited. i completely can't afford it... BUT as one of my good friends told me, sometimes you just have to splurge and do something for yourself. besides, if i stop binging and smoking i bet that money will be enough for this. the smoking has to stop anyway... i've been on and off, and i really don't smoke a lot (tops has been a pack or two a WEEK), but i still can't justify it. ESPECIALLY if i'm going into public health and medicine. yep, it's just got to stop.

:hug: to all - keep on kicking it!

Canuk4
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks Jasmine, your right, I just have to do what I can and the three boys will do what they want, when they want. It just ticks me off, cause I know how my Dad feels, and he is lonely and has helped us all out, he deserves better than he gets. But I do have to put it to bed.

Daughter was over, took wedding blank invitations home to do them there, they found a font they want and want the same colour they have of ink, so much for trying to help them out. It seem's someone is coming to do our hair and make-up, I will go for the make-up, but the hair I am really not interested. She said I have to as she has to have three or more, adding me makes four. Oh ya and to have a test to see how she does my hair will only cost $35.00, my hair is chin length, nothing fancy, up-to-date style, I think I will take my chances and just get it done on her wedding day. She also wants her friend and fiance' to stay here the night before as well. We only have two bedrooms we can use and a pull out couch in the living room. I only hope my son is staying at his girlfriends, so we can have his room. This girls mother lives 10 minutes away, but she doesn't want to stay there, go figure. I just keep saying, yes dear, I feel like I am placating like a husband would be, but my daughter is prone to panic attacks, so trying to avoid that.

Anyhow food was good today, water too, I did yard work for about 2-1/2 hours as well, nothing to strenuous, just trying to pick up a bunch of branches leaves and the likes. My knee was killing me when I came in. Just make dh something to eat, then did some garbage and ate myself.
Did not do my mile last night, could not convince myself to get at it. Hope I will get it in tonight. Got to get to bed early as I have two appts. tomorrow, one at 10:15am and another at 12:30pm, I usually don't even get up till noon, has to do with my health and poor sleep. I hate early appts. oh well.

Iris I went to a belly dancing class about 2 yrs. ago, it was great, I hope you enjoy it, am sure you will. I gave up cigarettes 2yrs and 9mths ago, best thing I ever did, now if I could just get dh too! It was easy this time as I was in the right frame of mind and very determined, but had failed a few times before. Hope you can kick it. I hope you will feel blessed again tomorrow, we all fall off the food wagon, trust me I know.

Well that is all for tonight ladies, have a great tomorrow. Miss you SD Gal, where are you, Stopeating too and Veggie Gal.
Sharon S.

P.S. Got my mile in and a work out with the medicine ball, got heck from dh due to bad knee, gotta do it.
I forgot to mention, good idea about the cake Jasmine, though my daughter probably will not go for it. I am only paying for it !!! YUM

Jasmine31
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone! I Iris! Just take a break and hang in there!!!

Sounds good canuk! Yeah I doubt she would want to do that. :rofl:

I will post more later.

My food has been bad and my walking has been great! :lol SOunds par for the course. I tell myself at least I can maintain!

lodyangel
09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
This week had been rough. We had the work drama to deal with at the beginning of the week, and then homework…Ugh! Got a migraine last night while writing my paper. The bad thing was I had to keep writing through the pain. It wasn’t good. I just hope it made sense!

I haven’t worked out in 3 days. There has just been so much going on I kept pushing it back…and back… and back…and then last night the migraine. I couldn’t run this morning because i still had a bad headache. I left work at 1:30 and came home and slept from about 3-6. My head still feels like my brain is loose in there (sorta hurts when i move it…) , but the actual headache is gone. So I ran tonight. 30 MINUTES!!!! YAY!!!! I ran the last half with Sis3. We really pushed it the last half. It was so good, because about 2 months back before C25K…I couldn’t keep up with her! I hung right with her today! Gosh I have come a LONG way!

Food has been awful. I guess since my focus was off I made alot of BAADD choices. While waiting for DD to get out of dance class, I had Arby’s last night (beef n cheddar, onion petals) and couldn’t handle the grease. My stomach started churning, and I had to go to a gas station. I got sick and threw it all up. Now I am not bulemic or anything, but I was actually RELIEVED after I got sick. I thought “thank God all that didn’t turn into calories.” There really is nothing that anyone should eat at Arby’s. Even the market fresh sandwiches have over 800 calories!!! That was a super stupid move on my part! And I knew better!!!

Well on top of everything else BF is back to his thing. Drinking almost everyday. Whatta loser! He was sober for 7 months. I have gotten control of my food addiction for almost 3 months now. I can not even think about going back to that madness. I know i will have slip ups, but if I could eat cold turkey I would…so slip ups are to expected. With him…he just quit. It’s not a slip up…he’s just given up! I am so sick of this conversation about him. It’s his problem…I am gonna let him handle it!!!

The ticker above is a problem. i will be half way through September in 2 days, and i am NOT halfway through my goal. That means that the last 3 -exercise-less days have hurt my goal. So I have to get on it.

Well I am off to bed to sleep off the rest of the effects of the pain pill I just took...Headache is trying to make another appearance....Ahhh! Fall! Just love the autumn migraines! ( I really love Fall, just hate the allergies!)

Love to all! I will catch up with everyone tomorrow!

Canuk4
09-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi all, just a quick drop in tonight, way past my bedtime considering I have to get up early tomorrow morning, felt like I was in a fog till I had about five cups of coffee. Saw doc. about the arm, could operate, but nothing promising, so not going that route again, twice was enough. Will leave it as long as I can. He was very nice, even offered to give me a name of other doctor to get it checked out, but since he already asked three there opinion before the last surgery, I figure what is the point. The very first doctor screwed up and now I have to live with it. Could be worse, I am thank-full I can move it and do somethings with it, just not really depend on it holding out. I do thank God for my blessings, which are many. I am sure some of you think I am crazy, with all my complaining, sorry, just a bad week.

Dad got measured for his walker today and tomorrow they come with some for him to try out. Then I think it is about two weeks before he gets it. That will be better for him as later in the day he gets bad balance. He still has his cane too.

Well food was not the best, used up all my points, water was terrible. I need to be home and drinking in, seems when I am out I forget. No exercise today either, there is always tomorrow.

Lodyangel, don't be too hard on yourself, you have been doing great and look at the run you had with sis. We are not perfect and allowed to slip up now and then. Please be careful around BF when he drinks, could be a problem for you if he gets nasty. Take care of that headached too! My son's allergies have been really bad the last few days as well, usually for him its August.

Have a good Friday everyone.
Sharon S.

Canuk4
09-14-2007, 11:22 PM
It's me again, just to say food was good, exercise non existent, Knee really aching, maybe due to bad weather, rain and hot to cold, anyhow hope to get some in when the football game is done. Water is pretty good could be better.

Wedding cake she wants $450.00 OUCH!! Big time, think we need to do some shopping.

Dad got his walker today and is very pleased, needs someone with him for his first couple walks, till he gets used to it.

Talk to you tomorrow I hope.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
thanks, sharon. i did have an awesome time at the bellydance class... most of the women there are older and all of varying sizes. i think it's the first time i've truely been able to "let go of judgement..." of myself. i really wasn't comparing myself to everyone else, just having a good time (and a great workout!) as for the smoking... i know i'll stop again. i'm not a heavy smoker, and generally i tend to go back to it whenever i feel that my life is a bit out of control. when i get things together it ceases again.

also... holy crap on the $450 cake. WOAH. my best friend got married a little over a year ago and insisted on making her own cake. a couple of family members wanted to buy her one but she hates taking money from people like that.... i had no idea they were THAT expensive though!

jasmine - maintaining is an accomplishment in and of itself! =) best of luck with the eating, though, and i'm sure you'll get back on track with your goals. thanks for the comment awhile back about remembering that my health is super important and that there's no way i can deal w/ other stresses if i let that slip... not an exact quote but i think that was the gist. SUCH a good point. otherwise it really does just become a viscious cycle.

melody, i feel your pain on the ticker... note my september miles are nowhere near the halfway point either. time to start taking some long walks and spending more than half an hour at a time on the treadmill for me. great job on the running w/ your sis though - that's got to make you feel good even if you are behind on the exercise goal!

although i'm behind on the exercise, my eating has been okay for the past few days (note the 3 days binge free!!!). hopefully the exercise will get back on track, i always tend to start feeling better after a few days of eating well, so as long as i don't fall back into my binge-rut i should be back on track in no time!

Rhighlan86
09-15-2007, 01:56 PM
With all the changing that I've been doing (hair and makeup wise) I decided to get some new clothes now instead of waiting until I go down a size. My bf suggested I should since I pretty much have two pairs of pants that I rotate. I went to Old Navy last night and got 4 pairs of pants and a ton of shirts and it only cost $126. I thought that was pretty good. I havent tried them on yet though so hopefully they look good. I keep trying to tell myself that it's not a problem with me it's a problem with the clothes (borrowed from What Not to Wear). The only thing is with the jeans if the 16 doesnt fit me the 18 doesnt either (too big) so I'm gonna have to go to another story

Update: Well I tried on one of the pairs of pants and they fit like a glove. Woohoo. Just a little bit of TMI but they make my tush look amazing. So then I put together an outfit and I am looking good ;) I made my boyfriend look at it all and I was like doesn't my butt look good....don't i look sexy :lol: Hopefully the rest fits this well too. I've already been hit on twice this week maybe lookin like this i'll hit 3

Ladiibbug
09-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Ladies!

Iris: Good for you re: belly dancing! A friend who was 250+ was into belly dancing, and enjoyed it for the exercise, comraderie (sp?), music, history ... she also loved that other women took the classes who were not shaped like the media's picture of "perfect", which is so unhealthy.

Congrats on the non-smoking efforts. Did you decide to try both (weight & quit smoking) at once? That might be to big a change, each are MAJOR efforts. BTW, I quit smoking 9/14/94, so just had my 13 year anniv. as a non-smoker.

Melody: Totally NOMY (none of my business) but since you posted on the board about it, may I just enourage you to DUMP the abusive boyfriend. It never gets better and the abuse can get worse. You deserve much better!!!

Jasmine: Nice to see you back. Hope you and the family are settling back down. :hug:

Monday I have an appt. with Nurse-Practioner Marilyn for a check up. I'll weigh in, too. I'm hoping for a few more lbs. to have come off, past the original 17. Marilyn's been encouraging me to lose weight for a few years, but this is the first time I'll have been down even one single lb. I'm looking forward to thanking her for her talks, which was one of the bricks in the wall that finally made me get serious.

Prepared my first ever EGGPLANT yesterday - sauted with olive oil and garlic. Mmmmm. Bought beef yesterday, first time in 5 years or so. Thought I was buying ground sirloin ($4.99 per lb.) :mad:, but it was ground beef - "93% lean". How can it be "93% lean", when the pkg. states that one serving = 170 calories total, 70 cal from fat? *oh well* It has lots of protein, so I'll eat it very sparingly. And nothing was in the pan to drain off ... so does that mean the fat is in the meat? :(

Canuk4
09-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Hello ladies, glad to see some of you back, it was getting a little lonely.

Rhighlan86 - Yahoo for you with the new clothes fitting and the 2 hits, I am sure you will get three with the new duds.

Iriswhispers - good going on the eating, the exercise will come back, sometimes we need to consintrate (sp) on one thing at a time, depending on what has been happening in our lives.

Yes $450.00 for a cake sounds unrealistic to me, I am going to call on my niece who used to be an event planner and see if she can find me some less expensive places. She has offered to help more than once.

Ladiibbug, I was seeing a nutritionist for awhile, till she quit (not because of me) but I could not seem to follow what she wanted for love nor money, I think we have to be ready in our own heads. Nurse pract. are great, my cousin happens to be one. (In the U.S.) she studied while recovering from cancer, God love her.

Well food so far has been good, water not bad, exercise still to come.
BBL
Sharon S.

Ladiibbug
09-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Sharon~

My sister & her friends baked her wedding cake and froze it. Didn't know that that's how the bakeries do it too. Well, some bakeries I guess.

Her friend is very talented with food decorating and iced and decorated her cake. Looked beautiful & tasted great!

$450 ... wowee!

Yesterday I bought a box of Strawberry Yogurt Biscotti ... the Grocery Outlet is a bit of a trap for me ... with discount prices, some things I'd ordinarily not consider price-wise (sweets) are within my budget ... $2.50 for a box of 8. I'd never had a biscotti before, but have read about them in British mysteries for years. 100 cal's each, 30% fat. It has been awhile since I'd had anything sweet, so I thought, heck, 100 cal's is OK.

Well. I ate all 8 of them within 24 hours :cry: But, technically, four in one day (for the Fit Day calorie calculations), and four at 12:25 am, so that calorie hit came on the next day's calorie count. No matter my good intentions, it's the same old thing for me ... "If it's in the house, I'll eat it. Probably all the same day." *sigh* Coulda been worse.

So today I'm cleaning out the fridge ... plums, peaches, spinach salad w/fresh :broc: & tomato. And eggplant. 3 more bananas here to eat, too! I wonder if a person can OD on veggies?

Jasmine31
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone! I hope you all are well. I am hanging in exercise wise but food has been awful. It has been like this since I found out about my ex. ugghhhhh I shouldn't beat myself up about this. That is MAJOR!

So many emotions, sad, happy, guilt, remorse, relief, worry, etc, etc. It solved alot more problems than it created. Just trying to find my niche I guess. I have been lazy lately and really have NOT felt like cooking!

I was out of my kefir for a few weeks and my belly pouched back up. :(

Investigating alot about getting a van. I think I am going to stick with the 2007 or 2008 sienna. Something funny, the 08's are actually only about 1,000 more right now than the 07's! And that is even with the rebate for the 07's for 1500!

By the 3rd of Oct, I will have saved $5,000 total and am seriously thinking of getting a 4 month cd, 5.10 apy interest. Everything goes according to plan we will have a total of that plus taxes back in February, plus more savings and have $14,000. We'll see then if a brand new is for us, it will depend on if we can get a loan for the rest of the amount. We applied top capital one and it said no based on me! :(

But income wise we would both need to be on it. uggghhhhhhhhh

lodyangel
09-16-2007, 11:02 PM
This weekend went waaayyyy too fast. On Friday night we had the Company shindig. It was a party because we did some stuff right last school year. So we got to eat, drink, and be merry all on the company’s dime. They gave away some good door prizes too. I won a DVD player which I desperately needed. Mine had stopped working last week and I was wondering how I was possibly gonna be able to afford to replace it. I have to have a DVD player to do all my workout tapes!! See, God provides! :) We had a fun time. I never get out and get to do anything so it was especially nice for me. I had 3 drinks. The food was good, not great, but good. I did not overeat though.

Saturday was up and out the door by 9:15 as DS2 and DS3 both had soccer practice. I had to go since I coach DS3’s team. It was cold. The temp was in the upper 40’s. Dang this fall weather! It is suppose to warm back up with highs in the 80’s by mid week. They say you know that you live in KY if you’ve had both yur heat and your air conditioning on in the same day. :lol: It’s true! That has happened to me MANY times.

Saturday night I stayed all night with BF. We didn’t do anything special. I was sooo tired. Then go to sleep and DS3 keeps me up all night. He woke back up at about 2 AM and I believe the last time he got me up for something was at about 5:30 AM. He was up all night. I got him back up at 9:30 and he has not been back to sleep yet and it is 9:43 PM!!! No nap or anything! He almost always takes a nap! I don’t know what is going on with this kid! Sleep already!

Started putting out Halloween decorations today. I love halloween. I decorate big time for Halloween and Christmas. I go straight from halloween to Xmas decorations. I don’t even bother to decorate for Thanksgiving. Turkey day just doesn’t inspire me the way the other 2 do!

I was looking at my classes and realized I have forgotten to do the quizzes for my last 3 classes!!! WTH is wrong with me? You think I would notice that already!!! Geesh! So I have got to catch all those up now!

Food has been horrible. I have been slipping off my diet. I am almost glad to go back to work, because it makes it alot harder to eat bad. Exercise has been horrible too. I haven’t done much the last few days. Gotta get my head back in the game!!!

lodyangel
09-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Here's my progress. My head is back into the game today! No cheating, no eating when I'm not suppose to be, and at least 75 mins of exercise. I will run at least 30 mins of the 75 mins. So today will be a good day and I will see 208 tomorrow! :hug: to everyone!!

Rhighlan86
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
No more late eating for me. I have been up for the past 5 hours with stomach pain so bad I want to curl up in a ball and die.....happens everytime I eat greasy food late and guess what I did it again last night. Well....no more!

lodyangel
09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Becky- If you have stomach problems you really just have to face up to the fact that some stuff, ya just can't do anymore. I do the same thing with McDonald's, etc. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

iriswhispers
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
melody - congrats on the DVD player! that's awesome timing. glad you head is "back in the game," too. i'm working on that myself.

jasmine - it's really good that you're keeping up with the exercise. i'm sure sooner or later that the food will follow... just try to remind yourself that your health is first and eating crap will only make everything feel worse. cooking is actually really therapeutic for me, but sometimes (especially when i'm stressed to begin with) finding the time becomes an issue.

becky - i'm the same way with ice cream. i'm a total dairy fiend, and i know it'll make my stomach unhappy, but sometimes i cave in and eat it anyway. and i think i'd be fine if i didn't eat so MUCH! when i just have a scoop of ice cream of a little cheese i am fine... i overdo it.

i'm doing all right with food... not fantastic but i'm not all-out binging which is major for me. exercise has been okay. i was going to hit the gym early this morning but i woke up feeling AWFUL (i'm hoping from my allergies and not that i'm coming down with something!) and i rolled back over and slept for another hour. i am not feeling too terrible right now so i think i will hit the gym after work since i'm only going in for a few hours this evening.

it's starting to feel and look really fall-ish. this is wonderful during the day, but it's really chilly at night! brrrr... i HATE winter. this foreshadowing of it is a bit depressing.

Rhighlan86
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I was just so mad about myself because I know not to eat that late, but now I'm writing a note to myself and putting it out. Don't eat late or you will be sorry. I just can't afford to be up half the night with tummy pain. So no more eating past 9. I love me some sleep...I'd rather get my sleep than my greasy food that i regret.

Canuk4
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi ladies, I am sure your food will come around as well Jasmine, your a true lady of the kitchen, always whipping up something. Your right the X passing is a shock, sometimes and its been two years I find it hard to believe, but must admit, life is certainly easier, for the kids then me, of course my two have the age advantage, compared to yours. I hope the van comes through, what ever happens. Now or later. The more you have down the better.

Righlan86, sorry for the tummy trouble, good idea with the note.

Melody, glad you got back on track, I think we just all have to think of this as a way of life. (As per Jasmine)!

Food has been good for me today, water pretty good as well, I always forget to say, when I do get my walking in and when I don't, averaging 3-4 miles a week and have added the medicine ball standing and floor exercises.

I need prayers again, I have a sick Aunt and first cousin who have been through surgery in the last two days. Any extra prayers would be appreciated.

I have to get some groceries done, still have a fair amt. at the cottage, but won't get that till next week, as we have some things doing this week, as well as it being the hockey team weekend at the cottage. I am happy to be at home. DH will have to get some stuff done and start closing up, soon, we have a shower here on the 30th of Sept. So I will only go up and bring stuff home, when necessary. Maybe some of the guys can bring some stuff back at th end of the weekend, a few have trucks.

Melody congrats with the DVD, isn't that so nice.

Our weather is rather on the cool side as well, last night it got down to 38 the house was at 68 all day and I froze.

Well am going to try and get my mile and other stuff done now.

My son's best friend is here, he and his fiance' broke up tonight, He is a really nice guy and deserves to be treated as such. I feel sorry for him.

Well night ladies, hope your day is good tomorrow.
Sharon S.

lodyangel
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
I don’t have the words to express how I feel this evening. Earlier tonight two of my neighbors, teenage girls, sisters, one a junior and and the other a senior in high school, friends of my nieces and my son, cute girls I would always see sitting on their front porch while they talked on the phone, were killed in a horrific car accident not 5 miles from home. Two other teenage children, more friends of my son and nieces, a boy and a girl, were seriously injured, and I am not sure of their condition. For all of you praying people please, send one up for the families and friends of these two young girls and for the two who were injured. It’s been a tremendously sad evening. Hold your loved ones a little bit closer tonight chickees…

Jasmine31
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Melody that is terrible!!!! *HUGE HUGZ* Life is precious. We never know how long any of us have down here.

Canuk:
Hi ladies, I am sure your food will come around as well Jasmine, your a true lady of the kitchen, always whipping up something. Your right the X passing is a shock, sometimes and its been two years I find it hard to believe, but must admit, life is certainly easier, for the kids then me, of course my two have the age advantage, compared to yours. I hope the van comes through, what ever happens. Now or later. The more you have down the better.

Thanx hun!

Food has been good for me today, water pretty good as well, I always forget to say, when I do get my walking in and when I don't, averaging 3-4 miles a week and have added the medicine ball standing and floor exercises.

Keep it up!!

Rhighlan86:

was just so mad about myself because I know not to eat that late, but now I'm writing a note to myself and putting it out. Don't eat late or you will be sorry. I just can't afford to be up half the night with tummy pain. So no more eating past 9. I love me some sleep...I'd rather get my sleep than my greasy food that i regret.

Yeah some fast food upsets my tummy too!!

iriswhispers:

jasmine - it's really good that you're keeping up with the exercise. i'm sure sooner or later that the food will follow... just try to remind yourself that your health is first and eating crap will only make everything feel worse. cooking is actually really therapeutic for me, but sometimes (especially when i'm stressed to begin with) finding the time becomes an issue.

Exactly! Well thanx to my bad eating and everything else going on I wound up having an extreme panic attack 2 nites ago! You can bet darn sure I was on the straight and narrow yesterday. lol Didn't even punch 1400 cals.

i'm doing all right with food... not fantastic but i'm not all-out binging which is major for me. exercise has been okay. i was going to hit the gym early this morning but i woke up feeling AWFUL (i'm hoping from my allergies and not that i'm coming down with something!) and i rolled back over and slept for another hour. i am not feeling too terrible right now so i think i will hit the gym after work since i'm only going in for a few hours this evening.

Keep it up!!

lodyangel:

Here's my progress. My head is back into the game today! No cheating, no eating when I'm not suppose to be, and at least 75 mins of exercise. I will run at least 30 mins of the 75 mins. So today will be a good day and I will see 208 tomorrow! to everyone!!

SOunds really great!

Okay everyone so here it is. I am also stressed cause it seems I must of pulled a pelvic muscle or something. It is more annoying than anything and wondering what the heck is going on? Ya know?

I do have my tight, shaper underwear and my dh is wondering now that I have less fat if it could be cutting off the circulation and inhibiting blood flow.

I have an apt with the doc but thats not til next month. Please say prayers I re coop quick and that it is nothing majorly wrong. :(

Dh thinks no walking for 1-2 days. It is really annoying me cause it is sore for like a week. If any of you have rode a bike and havent for a while and are sore the next day, that is the kind of pain I am talking about.

Canuk, I said a prayer for your family and those families lody.

Canuk4
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Meloday, I am so sorry, death affects so many people and is always such a tragedy when it is young kids. Especially two from one family. I lost three in a car accident in 1990 and have never really gotten past it. One was a young child and a couple celebrating there first ann. All first cousin's, she was my daughter's godmother. So I can certainly sympathize. I will pray for the families. Thanks for the prayers for mine. So far the two operated on are in guarded condition, it is a mother and daughter-in-law, the poor son is just staying at the one hospital as not to carry germs back and forth, his wife has a staff infection on top of everything.

Well food was so so today, good this morning, but lasagna for supper and two small pieces of garlic bread and one drink. We were celebrating my birthday for tomorrow. I did not plan it well enough in advance to be able to celebrate on my birthday. ha ha. Seriously there were other things up for tomorrow and all but one fell through. Except I did not have to have the miserable girlfriend, Yippee!!!

Jasmine, will say a pray your pain is nothing serious, can you go to a clinic, or the hospital if it gets worse?

Take care all, talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

lodyangel
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi all…

Yesterday was a tough day for the kiddies. Grief is a new thing to most of them, and there is alot of grief in my hometown. Read what I wrote last night in my blog at http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/lodyangel

The community has come together in it’s grief. I can’t even imagine what the family is going through. It’s so heartwrenching. To lose 2 children together… I can not even comprehend…

Speed was a definite factor in the accident, so senseless. The other 2 kids who were in the car are hurt, but will heal. It’s the emotional scars I worry about. The tow truck driver said it was the worst accident he had ever seen.

Memorial service is tomorrow night. I did not know these girls. They were my neighbors, and I knew who they were, I spoke to them when I saw them, but I didn’t really know them. However, my neices were close with them, and my son was friends with them. I don’t think I will go, unless the kids want me to go with them. We’ll see.

Weight is at a standstill. Can’t wait to get some money so I can go back to eating southbeach lunches. I also need to make sure my workouts are a top priority. I have been slacking lately!

Well time to get back to work. I hope everyone has a great day!

iriswhispers
09-19-2007, 04:54 PM
i'm sick, on my period, and stressed... still taking classes and attempting to get a night job at the hospital. went back to the binge thing yesterday, although i've been all right today so far. hopefully back on track, i'm just weighing options of whether it's better to attempt to work out or if i should just rest. i'm not super sick, just a little cold.

hugs and prayers all around - especially for sharon's family members, jasmine, and melody's community.

Rhighlan86
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Well today has surprisingly turned out ok. I was doing good all day and then when i was in lab i felt a familiar feeling.....:( Yup apparently I started my period today, but I didn't start with the normal very light day I went into crazy heavy day number 2. I guess I started yesterday and had nothing with it. I dunno....so I can home having only eaten a breakfast bar to tide me over for 4 hours and I was starving so bf and I decided to get chinese. We decided soon after that we never need to order chinese again. Neither of us like any of the chinese food places up here and they actually make us sick. That's a good thing because chinese food is insanely high in calories. Since I didn't like it though I just picked and ended up only having a total of 20 pts for the day leaving me more for tonight if i want them (chocolate).

Also, for another good thing for me we got the new dominos oreo pizza and hated it! It was waay too sweet. So my bf is never going to ask me to get it again and thankfully he even threw it away after taking a bite. :carrot:

I'm thinking that the treat I will end up going with tonight is candy corn (brachs yum) it is 22 pieces for 140 calories with is perfectly enough for me cause i eat it slow and get sick of it after that.

It's weird even though I know that Old Navy sizes big I still think that i have gone down a size since I'm in a 16. I dont think I have since I've only lost 5 lbs, but they do fit and they are huge on me. I dunno maybe I did go down

Well you all are in my thoughts and prayers.....hope all is going good all around today. Back to procrastinating for me :dizzy:

Canuk4
09-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi all, well today was rather quiet, slept late, had a bunch of nice phone calls from relatives, got my birthday present from the government, my sticker for my car, comes due, every year on it, as does everyone's in Canada. So I waited in line to get that, then did some groceries, then came home to hear a message from our friends at the cottage that my son's boat looked like it was on sand and sand and waves can do a lot of damage, so dh went up, luckily he was pretty well ready, just had to pack some food. He will walk out to where it is in the morning and hopefully be able to get it moved out to deeper water.

It seems like alot of bad luck at the moment, our house had a crack that was supposed to be caused by the front porch, that was redone and is no longer attached to the house, separated by rubber, so looks like it is. Anyhow now the crack has come back and we have cracks in pretty well every room in the house, some of them are really bad. We don't know what is causing them and don't now how to stop them. Had an ins. adjuster for our City in yesterday as they were blasting near us in the last two years. We unfortunately seem to be the only one in this area with the problem. He has offered to send a Mason from one of the company's that works with them down to have a look and see if he can enlighten us. We don't have the money to do major repairs, so are really worried. Plus this shower is a week from this Sunday and the people are inviting more and more people and until I asked for approx. the third time today, even though it is here am being kept in the dark. Were totalling in the 20's now and I only am inviting my two step-daughters. I am feeling overwhelmed and nothing is firm in regards to food, drinks and the likes, so frustrating. Plus where am I going to put these people, my house is about 50 yrs. old, rooms are not big.

Sorry, about my complaining, mainly worry and if that is all, I am very fortunate and need to remind myself of that.

Melody my heart goes out to the family, relatives and friends, I will continue to pray for them.

Jasmine, you as well are in my prayers.

No news yet of my family members who are ill, thank-you all for your prayers for them, I really do appreciate it.

I did pretty good today with food, water was down and I did not get my mile in yesterday, but will today when I sign off and hopefully some work on the medicine ball. Nobody said too much considering I am down 13 lbs, yesterday, although my son said I looked tall, I think it was a joke as I am 5'3" and he is 6'2".

Jasmine hope the pain is better, if you wore restrictive underware all the time, it might be the problem. But somehow doubt it. I sincerely hope it is something simple and will let up soon.

Take care ladies, thanks for letting me vent.
Sharon S.

Canuk4
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi all, what is happening on the board, I cannot find anyone who is posting to our site, a little confused. Did I say something wrong?

Food and drink have been good, exercise is needed.

Take care,
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
not at all... i was wondering the same thing.

miss y'all!

Canuk4
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Goodafternoon ladies, thanks Iris for answering me. I still can't figure out how so many are MIA at once. Good to hear from you though.

I did get my walk in last night and worked with the medicine ball. My weight is staying at 207, but am pleased how it has been going. Good breakfast and now I need to go get some cleaning done for this shower, I am thinking if it is a nice day we can have it out back on our deck as it is shaded most of the time. Hope so, but still means I have to clean in here as well in case of poor weather.

BBL
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
I was wondering where everyone was...funny we were all wondering but no one posting :lol: Well tonight I am going to try WATP for the first time. Hopefully i enjoy it.

Update: Holy poo that workout was amazing! I absolutely loved it!! I am now a WATP fan!!

iriswhispers
09-24-2007, 11:36 PM
what's WATP?

i keep meaning to get up early and get my workout in in the AM - but i think i need to realize that i'm just not a first-thing-in-the-morning kinda girl. if i make a block of time later in the day for it instead, i know i'll be more likely to do it. plus then i won't start the day feeling like i already failed because i hit the snooze a couple of times!

didn't get in a serious sweat kind of workout today; i'm always exhausted because monday afternoons i'm on my feet for hours at work, BUT i went for a walk around the neighborhood, about 2 miles.

Rhighlan86
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
It's a DVD called Walk Away the Pounds. I got the 3 and 4 mile express (two workouts on one dvd) and it had a stretchy band incorporated into the workout. Woosh...It was incredible. After 20 minutes I was sweating buckets, but so was everyone else on the video which I found motivational....they were getting tired to but kept plugging on so I could. It was about 45-50 min long (i did the 3 mile) and I honestly felt like that was the best workout ive had in a long time. $17 well spent!

Canuk4
09-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi ladies, I have a WATP workout with a three mile walk, exercises included and I do the one mile, sometimes more when possible. I really like it too, I even used it at the cottage Sometimes.

Good food, water (exercise to come). Did my mile last night and did a bunch of exercise with the medicine ball as well as floor exercises, sit-ups and the likes, felt pretty good.

Daughter is driving me round the bend, changing her mind everytime she calls, apologizes then reem's me out for something else. Tonight it is how many tickets I have sold to the Stag and Doe and how many her brother-in-law has. Next I have to send an E-mail to her cousin's and let them know about it, don't think they will come anyhow, we didn't even get invited to them. Hair and make-up is next on the list, first there is three, then two, then extreme dollar differences. These are her friends, why is it up to me?????? Sorry really frustrated.

Glad to see you ladies back on the boards, now we have to get Jasmine, SD Gal and a few others back.

Miss you all!
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
09-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Grr well food was going good today....at 7PM I was at 23pts and doing good. The problem is I stay up until midnight so I get an even 8 hours. Then I got hungry and it wouldn't stop. I tried toast...no still hungry....slim jim...nope....fruit...no....I couldn't make it stop so now I am over pts...not too bad, but still over. I dunno why I was so ravenous, but I was. And if I don't eat I won't be able to sleep and since I am hypoglycemic it gets terrible if I don't eat. Hmm....I'll try better tomorrow

Jasmine31
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry i have been Mia! I will read post later. I have had a head cold! :( My food has been so/so. Not too bad, still trying to watch it. Did I say I had an extreme anxiety attack about a week ago? Oh my Lord! Checked my blood pressure(bp) 3 days ago and it was 158/98!!!!! I freaked! Remember when I was doing all that fruit and it was 141/73 and I was miffed cause it was still a little up? Yeah well all that fruit was obviously keeping it from skyrocketing!

Good Lord! I can NOT let it get like that again! I don't want to die young. :( I was really irritated cause I couldn't do my walking either. Remember the horrible annoying mystery ache last week? Well I could of gone last friday or thursday for an "walk in" apt. but I chickened out. I told myself to take 2 days off and if it was still upsetting me by next week to go to doc this friday. SO no walk for two days and it didn't feel any different. The third day i wanted to try to go for a 60 but it started raining on me so I just did a 30 and my leg muscle was actually a bit sore. Called dh and he got me after 30. No walk the next day and you know what, there was PAIN in my left leg all by my knee and toward my thigh! Crazy! REALLY sore!! I couldn't figure it out especially since I hadn't been walking on it much at all!

So I spent like 5 days in a row in the tub trying to relax the muscles, dh got a hot rag and applied some heat. I need to go get a heating pad. We think it was a low grade pulled muscle. Thank you to all who prayed and wished me well. And I hate to sound like a baby here but when that "annoying pain" was near my "kitty" that freaked me the heck out! It wasn't even like I needed a tylenol but you know your body and when something is not right. And my mom died at 52, my dad at 65, and my ex now at 35! Yeah I freaked. it wasn't that there was pain, but that I didn't understand why.

I had to keep reminding myself that God is in charge and I am doing my best to help my body. If something is "wrong", then don't freak out! Just go get it fixed!

WHen the pain hit my leg and knee that was hurting a bit just to walk but I was happy cause I KNEW it was my leg and a muscle! It felt really tight. Ya know? I haven't done much walking all week cause of it and then I have been sick too and didn't want to take the baby out in the cold with a runny nose. I did go for a 45 min on sunday with kass. Mon dh was going to take me for a walk and we went 15 minutes but I could tell he wanted to get home(he works all day) so I cut it short.

I remember telling myself a week ago that if I "knew" I could talk a week off of walking and that pain would be gone it would be worth it, but at the time I didn't think it would do anything and I would have "lost" a week.

Well as I was sitting here last nite mad at myself for missing about a week I reminded myself what I said, the fact that my muscle pain in the leg is gone and the other muscle strain ache seems all but gone too and said, hey, you had your week off and now its gone! So I can get back on it now. I still did alot of walking before my break so my month stats should still be decent and I keep thinking I look like a fat cow but every time I look in the mirror I don't look too bad. lol

With the "kitty" muscle annoyance the way the discomfort was, near the left leg near the panty line made me realize nothing was wrong with the kitty it had to be the muscle that runs by there and my dh looked it up online and the pelvic muscle pretty much is the same as, or runs in to the leg muscle. So that made me feel alot better.

I do know that I normally do a few stretches before I walk and I hadn't for a few days and i wonder if that on top of stress on top of too much salt did it!

Well ladies I am seriously pumping the potassium back up!

It has gotten really cold here and was even rainy on sat. Friday nite we took the kids to chuck e cheese even kass had a great time! Joe had to push her thru the parking lot and she sat most the time but then got up and started playing games and wanted to do like 3 pics with me! It was only $50.00 with coupons for ALL OF US! With that we got like 180 tokens. We hadn't been in like 2.5 years since kass b day one year. Now that money is opening up more maybe we can go once a month. We usually spend about $30.00 on pizza twice a month anyways, and $20.00 more and you have games and rides for the kids, not bad!

Sat. we went to the swap meet. (even though my leg was sore) I can't wait to get a van! It is so hard waiting. Dh got his $1,000.00 check from cashing out his 401 k earlier than expected so(his new job has a different kind of retirement) so by Oct we will have $6000.00 saved toward the van. We have spent some but I have a 6 month budget for everything. The money from his check we were going to spend on xmas for the kids, a lawn mower and renting a van for xmas for 2 days. Buyt we got it early, so the money we would of saved in november we won't save, we will spend and this check we will save.

I am really hoping to stay on track for $14,000 saved by February! Like I told dh, if we shoot for $14,000 and fall short and hit $10,000-$12,000 then hey! That is still great! hahaha But if we aim for 10-12 and fall short then that is bad. :(

Hope everyone is doing great today!!!

Jasmine31
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
lodyangel:

See, God provides!

Amen!!! That is great!

I never get out and get to do anything so it was especially nice for me.

I know what ya mean! With 5 kids and my ex OTR all the time for years I was pretty much trapped at home. lol It is so nice having Joe's help and kass being old enough to watch the kids sometimes. Makes a BIG difference!

Saturday was up and out the door by 9:15 as DS2 and DS3 both had soccer practice. I had to go since I coach DS3ís team. It was cold.

I want to get the kids into sports this year too! On sunday at Joe's park they had 5 ball fields going with girls high school fast ball pitching WOW! It was awesome! These girls were very serious!!!

Started putting out Halloween decorations today. I love halloween. I decorate big time for Halloween and Christmas. I go straight from halloween to Xmas decorations.

hahahaha

I LOVE christmas and thanksgiving season! I would probably listen to xmas music year round except they cut it off the radio! lol

Halloweeen is fun too. I need to line up a bunch of scary movies on netflix for us to watch!

Rhighlan86:

No more late eating for me. I have been up for the past 5 hours with stomach pain so bad I want to curl up in a ball and die.....happens everytime I eat greasy food late and guess what I did it again last night. Well....no more!

Awwwwww.....

Canuk4:

All first cousin's, she was my daughter's godmother. So I can certainly sympathize. I will pray for the families. Thanks for the prayers for mine. So far the two operated on are in guarded condition, it is a mother and daughter-in-law, the poor son is just staying at the one hospital as not to carry germs back and forth, his wife has a staff infection on top of everything.

I will keep praying!

Jasmine, will say a pray your pain is nothing serious, can you go to a clinic, or the hospital if it gets worse?

Thanx hun! Finally got my iehp card in the mail! lol

lodyangel

Hi allÖ

Yesterday was a tough day for the kiddies. Grief is a new thing to most of them, and there is alot of grief in my hometown. Read what I wrote last night in my blog at

awwww *BIG HUGZ* Death is so hard to deal with. It reminds us all how precious life is and that we are all mortal!

I sure hope those girls were saved.

iriswhispers:

i'm sick, on my period, and stressed... still taking classes and attempting to get a night job at the hospital. went back to the binge thing yesterday, although i've been all right today so far. hopefully back on track, i'm just weighing options of whether it's better to attempt to work out or if i should just rest. i'm not super sick, just a little cold.

Awwww.....maybe you should rest!!

hugs and prayers all around - especially for sharon's family members, jasmine, and melody's community.
Thanx so much hun!!!

Rhighlan86:

I decided to get chinese. We decided soon after that we never need to order chinese again.

ROFL!!!!

It's weird even though I know that Old Navy sizes big I still think that i have gone down a size since I'm in a 16. I dont think I have since I've only lost 5 lbs, but they do fit and they are huge on me. I dunno maybe I did go down

That is so cool! Congrats!!!

Well you all are in my thoughts and prayers.....hope all is going good all around today. Back to procrastinating for me

Thanx hun!!

Canuk4:

We don't have the money to do major repairs, so are really worried.

I will pray!

I am feeling overwhelmed and nothing is firm in regards to food, drinks and the likes, so frustrating. Plus where am I going to put these people, my house is about 50 yrs. old, rooms are not big.

WHat are you planning for the menu?

Sorry, about my complaining, mainly worry and if that is all, I am very fortunate and need to remind myself of that.

Don't worry about complaining. We are here for you! I know how stressful it can be planning a wedding! Especially if money is tight and your daughter is making final decisions! uggh!!!!

If she wants you to pay for something then tell her you will do it your way, ya know!

Jasmine, you as well are in my prayers.

Thanx hun!!

No news yet of my family members who are ill, thank-you all for your prayers for them, I really do appreciate it.

Of course keep us updated!!

I did pretty good today with food, water was down and I did not get my mile in yesterday, but will today when I sign off and hopefully some work on the medicine ball. Nobody said too much considering I am down 13 lbs, yesterday, although my son said I looked tall, I think it was a joke as I am 5'3" and he is 6'2".

You are doing awesome! I am so proud of you!!!!

Jasmine hope the pain is better, if you wore restrictive underware all the time, it might be the problem. But somehow doubt it. I sincerely hope it is something simple and will let up soon.

Yeah that particular one is a tummy tucker but it also goes down the leg. I have not been wearing that lastely. Maybe it was a combo of everything! lol

Take care ladies, thanks for letting me vent.

Of course any time. What state are you in?

iriswhispers:

idn't get in a serious sweat kind of workout today; i'm always exhausted because monday afternoons i'm on my feet for hours at work, BUT i went for a walk around the neighborhood, about 2 miles.

That is still good, just do what you can!

Canuk4:

Daughter is driving me round the bend, changing her mind everytime she calls, apologizes then reem's me out for something else. Tonight it is how many tickets I have sold to the Stag and Doe and how many her brother-in-law has. Next I have to send an E-mail to her cousin's and let them know about it, don't think they will come anyhow, we didn't even get invited to them. Hair and make-up is next on the list, first there is three, then two, then extreme dollar differences. These are her friends, why is it up to me?????? Sorry really frustrated.

Well good thing is this won't last forever! lol

Glad to see you ladies back on the boards, now we have to get Jasmine, SD Gal and a few others back.

I am here!!

Rhighlan86:

Grr well food was going good today....at 7PM I was at 23pts and doing good. The problem is I stay up until midnight so I get an even 8 hours. Then I got hungry and it wouldn't stop. I tried toast...no still hungry....slim jim...nope....fruit...no....I couldn't make it stop so now I am over pts...not too bad, but still over. I dunno why I was so ravenous, but I was. And if I don't eat I won't be able to sleep and since I am hypoglycemic it gets terrible if I don't eat. Hmm....I'll try better tomorrow

Was something triggering you???

Jasmine31
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh and I was going to say we will wait til 10-1-07 to start the new thread!

Rhighlan86
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
No there were no triggers for me I was honestly very hungry. My stomach was growling very loud and I could feel the anger (from low blood sugar) I waited for almost an hour to see if it would stop and it never did. So i just decided it was time to eat.

iriswhispers
09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
sharon, sorry about your daughter driving you batty! sometimes i think i do that to my mother... :o i'm trying to work on that though.

jasmine, good to see you back! i've had some kind of cold this week, too... no fun. i hope you're feeling better soon... and take care of your pains, you never know if it could be an indication of something serious, and you're right - you don't want to die early!!

becky, kinda sounds like your body really needed the food at the time. you said you didn't go over your points too badly, so it sounds like no major damage to your diet. were you satisfied in the end or did you just make yourself stop?

i ate a bunch of crap yesterday, including the evil ice cream. :( also didn't go to the gym or anything... but today i've eaten decently thus far and am definitely planning to hit the gym. hopefully i'll stick to that. and tonight's dance - :belly: soooo much fun!

hopefully i'm getting myself back together here... i haven't been smoking since i've been sick, but now that i'm feeling better i'm sort of craving the cigs again.

Rhighlan86
09-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I pretty much just gave up and went to bed

Canuk4
09-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi Ladies, nice to see you back Jasmine, glad your feeling better, you had us worried.

Becky, sorry you had a rough time with food, I know the feeling.

Iris, hope your dancing goes well, I should look around for something like that around here.

Food was good, but had a lazy day, needed to finish a book to take back to the library today or it was going to cost me a buck a day. A one week loner. Got it done, but not much else, a little vac. and now I have dishes to do and exercise, not sure what order, think dishes first. Dh made a big dent in the backyard and getting it cleaned up today, even tho it was muggy and sometimes raining.

Got a hair appt. and got the maid-of-honour her appt. as well, just have to let the girl know the time for the make-up. Daughter is still flipping from nice to nasty, I realize she is stressed, but this is a bit much. Thank goodness I see the doc. tomorrow, having a major problem sleeping and need to stop the panic attacks. Not huge one's, but not going out unless absolutely necessary and have to force myself. Wish me luck.

Have a good tomorrow and good luck with food and exercise.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
09-27-2007, 03:33 PM
trying to make myself do the things i need to do: namely stop by the bank and a bunch of places to apply for crappy jobs that have nothing to do with my degree... just so i can have in income again. i'm trying to move in with a friend of mine, but i can't afford to pay half of her rent on the townhouse. she's fine with that if she can't find anyone else, but she's trying to find someone who can give her more money. i totally understand that, i'm just getting frustrated in my situation. (i rent a room from a friend of mine who is married and has two little ones of her own, plus babysits for another kid during the day. the other thing about it is that my room is really dark and depressing... wood panels, i think it was originally a den or something. it's not the worst thing in the world, just not a comfortable situation.)

anyway - i've get to head off to do some of these things i suppose.

sharon, good luck with the dr's appt - panic attacks and not wanting to go out feel horrible, i still get like that a lot.

lodyangel
09-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry I have been MIA. Things have been crazy. I have been lurking some, just hasn't had time to post.

I started the day frustrated because the weight isn’t moving and I know it is my fault. I have not been doing the best I can. The food hasn’t been awful, but it’s not been great either. The worse thing is that the exercise hasn’t been there either! I can afford to have off days if I am working out, but when I am not, I have to stay on plan. So the combination means that the weight has been stable. I should be happy I’m not gaining. My weight was 209. Frustration. That’s what I feel. I have been complaining on here about how I just can’t seem to get everything done. I’m half-*** doing everything and nothing is going well. What am I to do? I have to go to college, I have to be a mother, I have to try to keep my house half way clean, I have to work. Usually my exercise would be the thing that suffers…when things got tough I would stop working out. I refuse to stop…so everything is suffering. I do not know what to do about it.

So work was crap. I had a mini-meltdown today at work. There is alot of crap going on that shouldn’t be. I had had it today and called my boss and left and went ot the other classroom and did nothing for 2 hours. I had a headache and just generally felt bad. and I did not feel like putting up with the person causing all the crap. I ended up leaving work early and came home and took a nap. I felt a little better when I got up and was happy to hear that DS2’s soccer game had been cancelled due to the rain. So I got to stay home and do little and I went and ran for 30 minutes. The run was good. I did have a glute cramp, my ankles cramped up, and now my right knee is aching. I will need to take some tylenol before bed. My flexibility has gotten so much better, I can almost do the splits again. I haven’t done those since high school or shortly there after. That’s kinda cool.

So I mentioned rain. Yes, it finally rained! The grass was brown yesterday morning and by this afternoon it was green again. It is amazing how fast nature rebounds.

I wish I could rebound as quickly.

Canuk4
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Iris, I am sorry you have so much to deal with and it is so difficult to try and apply for a job, especially when your not really interested in it to begin with. It's tough to try and make ends meet and you deserve to live somewhere you would like. Hope it all works out. I will say a little prayer.

Melody are we related, I seem to be having a lot of melt downs lately. I am sorry things are not what they are supposed to be. It is hard working in an atmosphere where you feel it is not going the right way. Glad you got to leave early and got a nap. Yes we have had a lot of rain here too this week, not good for an outside bridal shower this Sunday, which so far they say will be nice.

You have really gotten flexible if you can do the splits. I wouldn't attempt it, afraid something would come out of place and never go back, ice that knee and keep doing so, 20 mins. at a time.

Food has been okay, not overly hungry, water good. Need to exercise although a lot of house work got accomplished. No exercise today or yesterday.

Gotta run, talk at you soon.
Sharon S.

cldwv
09-30-2007, 10:37 AM
This sort of pissed me off yesterday. So typical.

I was watching Sex and the City last night and the show centered around Miranda and how she had gotten "fat" after having the baby. So fat, in fact, she joins Weight Watchers. First weigh-in - ~155 (can't remember the exact number). So, if my goal is to reach 150, that means I'm still a fatty? Grrrrr.

Jasmine31
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
NEW THREAD EVERYONE!!!

October Thread! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1875709#post1875709)