LA Weight Loss - Columbus Day challenge anyone?

View Full Version : Columbus Day challenge anyone?

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok, so you all have motivated me with these challenges! As I posted on another thread, these smaller challenges seem to motivate me more than looking at all the weight I need to lose as a whole! So is anyone in or are ya pooped from the Labor day challenge?? You have 5 weeks til Columbus Day! October 9! I am starting NOW! :D

:carrot:

Katy66
09-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm in, although I would like to lose at least 14 by the 29th of this month. My nephew is getting married and it would be great to be in "onderland" by then....even if it is just by 1lb:) This may be IMPOSSIBLE since I'm leaving this Sunday for a 7 day beach trip. Guess I need some kinda challenge to keep me honest:)

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 11:57 AM
OK I'm in! I'm going to be more reasonable in my goal for this challenge....I'm aiming for 242, which should be about 9lbs.

GOOD LUCK everyone!

whatazoo
09-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I think I will join in this challenge. I will shoot for 10 pounds. I will start today with being POP, but will get my weight tomorrow at COD.

donnakd
09-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh, I am so glad you are starting this challenge---Thanks!!!!:hug: I have been wanting to get in on one. Hopefully this will help motivate me!! I will make my goal 10 lbs, although I would love it to be more like 15! I am doing takeoff today, so it is a perfect way to start. Also, I am above my starting weight :eek:right now, but want the 10 lbs to be FROM my start, so technically my loss should be 11.8. Thanks again!!!

shshshhh
09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I am so psyched. Finally a challenge that didn't start before I joined LAWL> ;)

I am in. My goal is 10 pounds. I don't have a ticker because I don't (want to) know how much I weigh, they just tell me how much I lost (or gained) that week.

YAYYYy for the challenge.

Roberta
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/slider-lion/lb/10/0/10/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
If you all wanna kick it off right, Amy has started a 7 day POP challenge! Look for the Thread! I am so proud of me! I fixed DH and DS pancakes and I was good! I didnt even taste them!

Kim0303
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds great. My goal is 10 pounds. 2 a week.

Mama Nicole
09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm in for 10 lbs :) I am going to go make a ticker right now :) I like tiny challenges as well.

CountingDown
09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Count me in for 10 lbs. as well. My first challenge since joining 3FC - thanks for the post Kimberly!
:)

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Wow maybe I was a little brave with my 12 lbs!! I lost 13.2 in my first 5 weeks so maybe I will be okay!

Im so glad you all are joining in!! I feel more motivated and "closer" to you all on here than I do with my best friend, (who is also doing LAWL and has lost 50 lbs, but has been off plan for 3 weeks!!)

:hug: Y'all are GREAT!

living the lifestyle
09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll try this out. Never done a "mini" challenge. I'm going to set my goal at 8lbs. as I have only lost 2lbs a week maybe 3 weeks out of the whole time I've been on LAWL! For me, staying POP and losing anything will be my true goal.

...and we're off:dance::dance:

4us
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I need this...I am in!

Heather115
09-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm in. We leave for Charleston on vacation on 10/5 so I'll be ending a little early. I'd love to be in the 160's for that trip so I'm going to shoot for 10 lbs. Here we go!!!

bahamadream10
09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm in! I would love to be at my goal weight by then so my challenge is to lose 8 lbs.!!!!!

rswlchic
09-03-2007, 10:49 PM
This sounds like a good short term challenge. I am new to 3FC so hopefully this will help me get started. I lost 77 lbs last year and 20 lbs have come back with a little help from over eating lack of exercise self.

This sounds like something I could do. My goal is 10 lbs. Good luck everyone.

aguerin
09-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I"m in Ladies. I need something to keep me on track. I am 8 pounds from Labor Day Challenge so I will go with that.

chiquita623
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Count me in!! We leave for vacation on Oct. 5th so will need to end a little early. I would love to be at 165 so mark me down for 9 pounds. Hopefully this will give me the motivation I need to stay POP every day. Thanks for starting this!!

emmysmom
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm in for 10...130's here I come!!!

LizzyW
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I am in for 5. Since I am such a slow loser, I better shoot for small amounts. To many disappointments. Here we go all.

chiquita623
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
OK Ladies. I don't mean to sound silly or anything but I have never been in a challenge like this before. Am I supposed to weigh on a certain day and post my weight or am I just supposed to wait until the end and then post it?

donnakd
09-04-2007, 06:22 PM
OK Ladies. I don't mean to sound silly or anything but I have never been in a challenge like this before. Am I supposed to weigh on a certain day and post my weight or am I just supposed to wait until the end and then post it?

Well, if it is silly, we can be silly together because I was about to ask the same thing!! I am thinking there will be a certain day we will post our "official" weight loss/gain for the week?? Hopefully someone can give us the guidance we need!:^:

bradleys mom
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi gals! Were basically working towards Columbus day, so whenever you weigh-in just give us an update on how your doing. You can even make a ticker to keep track of your progress!

Oh, and BTW dont think any questions you have are silly! Ask away!!!

shshshhh
09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, still OP and this challenge saved me from a "small" cheat (I know, no such thing) today. I was really hungry and in Trader joe's where they were giving out tastes. Smelled yummy and looked delicious, but I thought about this challenge and passed it up. Had an apple and piece of laughing cow light cheese in the car before I drove home to cook my lunch.

Thanks, guys, it really works to be part of a challenge.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/10/0/10/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bradleys mom
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
YAY!!! AWESOME FOR YOU!!! Im so glad you didnt cheat! These challenges keep me on track as well. I almsot drank some strawberry flavored milk today! But I had string cheese instead!

Kim0303
09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey ladies just checking in. WI today was 195 so my goal for Columbus Day is 185. WOW that sounds good! I will really get excite to see 175 then 165 then 155 i will be thrilled. Time for a message then! I'll have to tell DH that is what I want for Christmas, start saving his money. I usually get one every Christmas but last year he bought my another birthstone ring because DD lost mine, said she put it back in jewelry box but it is missing in action so I missed out on the message this last year! :(

amylou7777
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
CONGRATS to everyone for making it through the day without cheating. It felt really good to know I was POP and working toward this goal. These challenges do really work. It's like you all are there looking over my shoulder...I love it!

QZMOM
09-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Hello all, I am also new but I am in for the challenge I would like to shoot for 12lbs (reach for the stars right) My DS will turn the big 1 on Oct 18, so and this will put me a little lower that post partum;)

Katy66
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Did a weigh in this morning at home...first time since I was on the no scale challenge. It was 210 (BNWI), about 3 below my last official COD weigh in - probably the different in clothes etc. Keep your fingers crossed that my POP challenge will help me meet this one too:)

myboysnme2
09-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Challengers! I am officially rolling over my Labor Day goal. I missed it by 5.4...I don't plan to do an official weigh in until Friday. DH and I did a half marathon in Disneyland on Labor Day and that tends to jack my body up for a few days. It was really hot and I think my body is holding on to some water weight. According to my home scale this morning I was up about 2 lbs. Tell me that doesn't suck!

Check back in with the "real" weigh in on Friday. Good luck everyone!:carrot:

KimS

LizzyW
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
OK, I am not going to give my WI until I lose a bit of what my body is holding onto. I would tell you what I mean, but TMI. I had a green tea non fat latte this morning so should help move things along a bit. Actually already has, so I will see what tomorrow says. But the scale showed me up 2 lbs.

Congrats on the losers so far. I hope to see something soon. I have been POP for a while now.

bradleys mom
09-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Yay! I was down 2 lbs today! So happy. I wasnt happy however, that my counselor didnt seem to think it was a good idea for me to try the lites this week? Anybody else heard this? She thinks it will throw me way off if I try them this week then go back to without lites. Im kinda bummned about that cause now I have a box and a half of la lites just sitting around waiting to be ate. However she did tell me if I had a pretty good loss by this time next week that she would move me down a plan whether I am at 244 or not.

I am at school waiting for my class to start. BORING!

chiquita623
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Yea Kimberly. 2 pounds - what I wouldn't give for that!!!

amylou7777
09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Congrats!!!

Catway8
09-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I would like to join your challenge too. If it isnt too late.

>

bahamadream10
09-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Kimberly-I can't remember the last time I had a 2 lb loss WI. Congrats.

bradleys mom
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks Gals! Youre so encouraging!! Everyone have a good night!

amylou7777
09-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Cathy-of course! There's not a lot to it, just pick a short term goal for Columbus Day and keep up with us on here! Good luck!

Bermuda_Slim
09-06-2007, 06:49 AM
for 11 pounds - I'd like to get off 15 before I leave for the caribbean on 10/25 so this will keep me motivated. I need to step it up

twofortea
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
New to LAWL and this website as of 8/2/07. Would love to join in on the challenge if you don't mind. I would like to set my goal for 10 pounds lost by Columbus day.

Here's to motivating each other and seeing each of us reach our goals! :carrot:

FitMomEB
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok, late starter, but I'm in! I's like to lose at least 10 pounds by Columbus day!

amylou7777
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome Elisa and twofortea! Keep us posted on how you are doing! Good luck!

bradleys mom
09-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey gals! Welcome! We have faith that you will meet your goals! We are here for motivation, or whatever you need! Dont be afraid to ask questions or make suggestions!

Catway8
09-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone,

I went for WI this morning and I am down 2 pounds. I am so excited to be under the 210 mark I havent seen that in years. I got my new plan today. More food to choose from thats exciting. I hope you all have a great day I am off to work now then bowling starts tonight. See you's tomorrow.

shshshhh
09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
WAHOO

Just came home from my COD and I lost 2 pounds this week. They gave me the new plan, number 5 and I am literally frightened of all those starches. 7 starches??????

Here's a question to all you more experienced folks: Can I (secretly) swap 3 starches for 1 protein? Not sure how the calories compute, but I have always done better with more protein.

Thanks
Roberta

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/10/0/8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

chiquita623
09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Congrats Cathy and Roberta on the great losses!!! I wi on Monday so will post what I do or do not lose then.

myboysnme2
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey Losers!

Went to WI this morning and I am exactly the same as I have been for the last three WI, I mean to the once! These last 5 lbs are killing me!

KimS

bradleys mom
09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Roberta - I am on plan 5 and I hate all those starches too!!! But dont worry plan 4 will be so mcuh better! I am 4 lbs from only having 5 starches!!!

I am weighing in tomorrow morning! YIKES! I have mixed emotions about this one. Im not sure that I have lost!

shshshhh
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Roberta - I am on plan 5 and I hate all those starches too!!! But dont worry plan 4 will be so mcuh better! I am 4 lbs from only having 5 starches!!!

I am weighing in tomorrow morning! YIKES! I have mixed emotions about this one. Im not sure that I have lost!

Kimberly

Have you lost weight eating all 7 starches? I am gagging on them. (really). I want to swap 3 starches for another protein, think that will work? I posted the question and hopefully someone who has more experience than I have on the new plan will tell me.

I figure each starch as about 100 calories, is that right? If so, the swap to one protein would be about the same, unless I am way off.

Good luck with the last 4 pounds to the next level.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/10/0/8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

shshshhh
09-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey Losers!

Went to WI this morning and I am exactly the same as I have been for the last three WI, I mean to the once! These last 5 lbs are killing me!

KimS

I am so proud of you for getting so close to your goal. At this point, you are probably losing inches (muscle weighs 5 times what fat does, did you know that?). So I bet you are shrinking and the last 5 will come.

I actually changed my goal weight down another 15 pounds today, according to my doctor I set the level way too high.:o

Keep going, you inspire those of us who have a long long weigh to go.

Roberta

bradleys mom
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Roberta, Im the wrong person to ask about swapping, and no, I didnt lose weight until my counselor took away one of my PM starches.

shshshhh
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Kimberly

That pretty much tells me what I needed to know. I know how my body reacts to carbohydrates and even though I am making good high fiber choices, I cannot fathom eating 7 starches without stalling or gaining weight. I have been losing consistently, every other week a good loss of about 2 - 3 pounds and the the alternate week, about 3/4 to 1 pound. I have a very long long way to go and cannot afford to slow down.

Hopefully someone will see my question soon and post an answer. Even though I picked up the new program today I am sticking with the old Red 1 until the weekend is over. Too many plans and already have my food all set up. I will start the new one on Mnday morning.

Thanks again
Roberta

FitMomEB
09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I weighted myself this morning and I'm down 5 pounds, so my goal is 10 pounds from where I am now :) That will put me at 198 (or below, that would be ok too ;):D) - I can't wait to be under 200 again!!

shshshhh
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Elisa

WOW FIVE pounds. WAHOO. You are the queen for the week.
That is awesome.
Have a great weekend.

Roberta

bradleys mom
09-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Awesome losses ladies! I was up 1.2 but it is TOM... However I did get moved to plan 4! YAY only 5 starches and 4 veggies! I am getting so sick of veggies, However I did try the Asparagus Dijon recipe out of the LA Lite Cookbook last night and it is delicious!! Try it!

Luckybustert
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd like to join the Columbus Day challenge too -- will shoot for 12 lbs.

Kim0303
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Ok, Congrats on all the losses.

KimS I know you have to be so frustrated! Hang in there!

Friday at WI, I weighed the same. I did take off so maybe I will drop some at WI tomorrow. I will be upset if I didn't. I'll check in later.

Kim0303
09-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Ok at WI I was down 2.4 lbs. I have 7.6 to go to meet this challenge!

Hang in there ladies. We can do this!

Catway8
09-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I go for weigh in tomorrow. I have stayed on plan. I hope to see a loss. Congrats to all. See you in the morning. Sleep well.

Catway8
09-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Good morning everyone,

I went for weigh in today down another pound. I hope everyone is having a good day. It is chilly here this morning. We had frost already.. yuck!!!!!!!

Happy Thursday everyone!

chiquita623
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I haven't checked in lately. Sorry. I'm pretty doggone frustrated at this point. I've been staying OP and I seem to be stuck. At this rate I know I will not make my goal of 8 pounds by Oct. 5 (that's when I leave for vacation). I've been stuck for over a month now. We'll see what my COD says when I WI later. But I am thrilled for all your losses!! Everyone keep up the good work!! We can do this - I just know we can!!!

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Laurie- DON'T GIVE UP! You can most definitely make your goal by Oct 5. Check out the plateau buster I posted. You just have to psych yourself up for a big push of weight loss. If you aren't up for cutting back on carbs and condiments, up your exercise or change your habits to jumpstart your body.

I am re-motivated now that I see the scale moving a littler quicker thanks to the plateau buster and being POP for a while now.

We can do this!

chiquita623
09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you for the support Amy. I am now over my own little pity party and am ready to start the plauteau buster!! I've been pretty good about staying OP so I'm hoping that by being a little stricter with my choices for 5 days will show an improvement. You know after I read your post I sat myself down and thought about how much better I feel with losing 30 pounds and how much more excited I am that I have moved from a size 14-16 to a size 10 in clothes. I really do have a lot to be thankful for. And this forum is one of the biggest things to do with my weight loss up to this point. So thank you all for all the support and the kick in the behind when I need it!! You're all the best!!!!!!!!

shshshhh
09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
well after switching to the new plan 5, I only lost .2 pounds this week. I was really disappointed and decided to go back to the Red1 plan. The COD was really cool about it and asked if I wanted to do that? Problem is, they had to turn in all their old program materials and I am set to switch to a lower plan in another 5 pounds.

Does anyone know what that will be? They will tell me the color, but will not have any materials to give me. I can modify the log by just adding or crossing out the circles next to each food group. Do the portions of each food group change with the number of servings or do they stay the same. If they do stay the same, than all I will need is the number of servings which I am sure someone at the COD will remember.

Thanks
Roberta

bradleys mom
09-14-2007, 11:09 AM
If your on Plan 5 now you will go to Plan 4 which is a Gold colored book. With that comes (no lites) 3.5 proteins, 5 starches, 4 veggies, 4 fruits, 3 dairy, 2 fat. I just started this plan last saturday and was down 1.4lbs Wednesday (and I had even cheated a few times)

shshshhh
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Kimberly
I am thrilled to report that I just called my COD and talked to the same counselor who I saw yesterday. I had a terrible reaction to the modified plan 5 yesterday. I could totally tell it was not the right breakdown for me because my eyesight got out of whack and I fell asleep for 3 hours right before dinner. She said this was crazy and since the Red1 plan was working so well for me (apparently the ratio of proteins to carbs/sugars/fats was right on the money for me in the colored plans) that I should stick to that one until I come back in. After I lose the next 5 pounds they will figure out what colored plan I shoud go on next down the line and keep me on those instead of the new numbered plans).

What a relief. I don't go back until October 6th because i am on medical leave for 2 1/2 weeks.. I am having a colonscopy next week and because I will be on a 'twilight sleep' anesthesia, I have to be on a mandatory 2 1/2 week leave from lawl.

WHEW

Thanks for your help.

Roberta

Kim0303
09-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Just checking in after WI. I am down 3.6 pounds since the start of this challenge. Have 6.4 pounds to go!

amylou7777
09-14-2007, 08:21 PM
KIM that is AWESOME! You are almost there already!

Laurie- so glad you are back on track. Before you know it you will be zero-ing in on that goal!! This plateau breaker has really worked for me--and I hope it's just what you need to jumpstart some WL...keep us posted!

bahamadream10
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I went for my weekly WI yesterday and I lost 2.4 lbs but I had gone up my last WI because of TOM so it doesn't show much change on my ticker but at least it is going down right? Have a great night.

bradleys mom
09-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi girls just got back from weigh in and I was down another 2.6! I lost a total of 4 lbs this week! Im so excited! I recovered well from the cheats, and I did that womens world acceleration (takeoff) on weds and thursday, so I guess that helped some too!

bradleys mom
09-15-2007, 02:06 PM
:carrot::broc:

Helloooooo!! (echo....) Is anyone here???

brittyboo07
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
i think I will jump on this challenge too! I know there is a little over 3 weeks left in this challenge and I think I will push myself. I am going to set a goal of 10 lbs. for the challenge and will use my WI from today. I am off to make a ticker!

bahamadream10
09-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Great job Kimberly R.! I tried that women's world takeoff but didn't lose any. Maybe I should try it again. I thought about trying the 5 day plateau breaker starting tomorrow instead. I will let you know how that works.

amylou7777
09-16-2007, 01:52 AM
YAY KIMBERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is an amazing loss, good for you!!

I hope my cheats today don't sabotage the progress I've made this week. We were taken out to dinner and of course the restaurant was Mexican which is my absolute favorite/comfort food. I could seriously eat it three meals a day everyday. I've been avoiding it, or getting away with fajitas but decided to order the salad today. Unfortunately I had too many chips and salsa. Today would have been the 5th day on my plateau blaster (which has been going great!!) So I will do it for a few more days to try to make up for my indiscretions today (I had some pieces of candy too---I don't even really like candy?!)
I'm chalking this all up to the fact that my brother was in town and I was just tired of being militant about my meals. Tomorrow is a new day..no more beating myself up!

Congrats on your losses ladies!

bradleys mom
09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Amy, I had one of those days today as well! My favorite family dinner growing up was Spaghetti, with salad and garlic bread, WELL today thats what we had for Lunch after church. I only had about a cup of spaghetti and sauce, had a salad, but I ate 3 (big) pieces of garlic bread! So I marked that as ALL my starches for today! I hope I haven't went back up from my awesome weight loss from this past week! I think I'll do the womens day thing again if I am up after my weigh in Wednesday!

brittyboo07
09-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey ladies sounds like you are doing good even with the eating out oops! I have had a carb day myself lol. But tonight I have a nice salad planned for dinner! I have been working on lesson plans all day and so now the next two weeks are finished! I plan on trying to do a few weeks at a time each weekend so that I can stay ahead. Hopefully this will help me with my time so I am not staying so late at school and working all the time at home. That way i can get back on my exercise like I really want to. Check in with ya tomorow keep up the good work!

aguerin
09-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Ladies lets give a Columbus Day Challenge Update. Post your Goal and Current Losses just to give us a check point.

We have 21 Days Left to Goal Date!!

Goal: 8 Pounds
Loss: 4 Pounds

bradleys mom
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a POP day so far!

My goal is to lose 12 lbs, (251 to 239) so far I have lost 4.6 of that and have 7.4 lbs to go. :)

chiquita623
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning All. My goal was 8 pounds by October 5th and I still need to lose 8 pounds by October 5th. I'm doing TO Thursday and Friday this week and then going to to the plateau buster so we'll see if that helps. I am thankful that at least I'm not on the plus side of things!!

Wow Amy 4 pounds to goal - you rock Chickie!!

Katy66
09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Just back from 7 days at the beach and not staying on plan. My BNWI this morning was the same as when I left. So, I've got 21 days to lose my 13 lbs and I WILL DO IT! This week I'm committed to staying POP including 2 days of TO.

Way to go to all you losers, it looks like everyone is doing a great job:)

shshshhh
09-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi girls just got back from weigh in and I was down another 2.6! I lost a total of 4 lbs this week! Im so excited! I recovered well from the cheats, and I did that womens world acceleration (takeoff) on weds and thursday, so I guess that helped some too!

Kimberly

WAHOOOOOO for your 4 pound loss. That is absolutely wonderful. Glad the new plan is working out for you.

Keep up the good work.
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

bradleys mom
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Kimberly

WAHOOOOOO for your 4 pound loss. That is absolutely wonderful. Glad the new plan is working out for you.

Keep up the good work.
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thanks for the encouragement! :) It really helps so much having you gals on here to push! I really feel like if I cheat I have to answer to a higher power... lol

bradleys mom
09-17-2007, 01:07 PM
:turkey::happ3::turkey: Okay Gals... Call me crazy...

I know we still have a couple of weeks left on this challenge, but is anyone interested in setting with me, starting Columbus Day, another challenge for Thanksgiving? It will be about 6.5 weeks long. A little longer than the current challenge. The Holidays are one of my main goals I gave at the COD when I signed up. I have a large family, most of which I dont see until the Holidays, and I really want to make a big commotion with my weight loss at Thanksgiving! I have been overweight (okay, OBESE) for close to 8 years. So my family is used to seeing big ole me and my LOVE for food! So this year I want them to be surprised! Last year at Thanksgiving I weighed about 275. I am already almost 30 lbs lighter than that so, I am planning on being 20 lbs lighter (at least) by then! :) What a great feeling that will be!

So...Who's in???

chiquita623
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Kimberly - I'm in on the Thanksgiving challenge. I have got 13 pounds to go to goal and maybe by Thanksgiving I can at least be half way there!! I'll be on vacation on Columbus Day but will post my weight and everything when I get back. Good idea!!!

donnakd
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I will definitely follow this challenge up with a Thanksgiving one!! I am not really sure where I am in the current challenge--the scale has been all over the place!! I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow. I am trying to stay off of the scale at home(think it is hindering more than helping), and will weigh in later this week--I will post an update then. I did weigh in at cod Saturday, and had a .7 loss, but had shown a gain here. Seems when I think I have lost at home, I show a gain at weigh-in and vice versa. So gonna try to just stick to their scales for a week or two and see how it goes.
Congrats to all of you for the great losses!! It is encouraging to see--helps me to keep pluggin' away!!!
Hope you all have a great week--I will not be on alot--trying to stay off the computer, too!!! Hard to be active when I spend too much time with my nose to the screen!!

amylou7777
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Kimberly, I am totally with you on the skinny surprise for Turkey day!

BUT-how do you guys feel about breaking it up? To be honest, the "mini challenges" seem to work better for me bc I can actually gauge week to week how I'm doing and how I'm going to get to goal. I seem to work harder....is anyone up for the idea of a Halloween Challenge, followed by a t-giving challenge? that way it's about three weeks for each challenge. The total weight by turkey day is the same, we can just have a major check in point on halloween? OR we could just call it thanksgiving challenge with the understanfing that halloween is our half way point? Sorry I'm thinking/typing out loud here!

Congrats to everyone on their successes!

I'll post my w/i tomorrow after COD...I'm hoping for 1 more lb gone!

bradleys mom
09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Amy, whats funny is when I was typing that earlier I almost typed that we should have a check-in like every two weeks, But halloween will be great, I didnt realize it was 3 weeks between each!

shshshhh
09-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Kimberly, Amy and all:

I am in for the holiday challenge(s) and also think breaking them down into smaller challenges (Halloween and T'giving) is an awesome idea. Easier to shoot for smaller goals, at least for me.

I am still in the Columbus day challenge, although I won't be able to post an update on my progress until October 6th, because I am on a 2.5 week medical leave until then. Having the challenge keeps me POP too since I am not allowed to weigh in until the medical leave is complete. I worried that being away from accountability would let me give myself permission to cheat, but this challenge is perfect. I want to be able to post a good loss on October 6th.

Robeta

Katy66
09-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Count me ladies, I need the challenges to keep me honest:)

amylou7777
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Welcome back Katy! Congrats on not gaining on your trip! I just looked at your ticker and you are almost to 60lbs!!! we need some before and after pics of you!
We missed you around here...so now we're ready for you to move that challenge ticker! You can do it!

I'm going to w/i this morning. My home scale is showing me the same...so I'm hoping maybe I lost some ounces.

Katy66
09-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Amy - Thanks, it is good to be back. I've really come to rely on this site for my motivation:) I'll work on finding a before and after pic however the before may be a little hard to find.........I certainly wasn't much on being in front of the camera:) Good luck with your WI today!

bradleys mom
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm weighing in tomorrow.. (5 oreos heavier...) I dont know why I do these things! LOL Its like I go into a sleepwalking eating binge when I'm wide awake... Weird... Its like I have 3 then I'm like, oh crap! What am I doing, Oooh these are good, then down the hatch with 2 more!!!

bradleys mom
09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Whooo! I am addicted to Biggest Loser NOW! I love Jillian!!! I had an awesome HIGH intensity 30 minute workout after the show!

bahamadream10
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I have got to get that dvd I keep on forgetting to look when I go to Walmart. I have to make a point of doing that this week!

amylou7777
09-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Kimberly- I wish I would have worked out after watching the show too! That is a good idea.

I weighed the same at w/i on tuesday and wont be back til Sat. Fortunately my home scale has me down almost a pound so I hope it sticks!

I have been doing ok with food lately but need to get back to measuring and being precise...I've gotten lazy. The biggest problem for me lately is lack of sleep due to school and lack of exercise. If I can get those things figured out I think I'd be in a better mood overall!

I think I'm going to start a new POP thread on monday to get back on track. I may try TO this weekend for the first time ever! I am really motivated to get to the Cbus day goal! It will but us all in a good position for our Halloween/Thanksgiving goals...and then on to Christmas (can you believe it?)

Keep up the good work ladies!

LizzyW
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, I don't think I am going to make my Columbus day goal. I have not lost anything since I started it. I fluctuate so bad and then am so irregular now. This is really starting to get me down. But I am not going to give up. My Taekwon Do class is great and really giving me a good hour workout 3 times a week. We shall see what happens.

Liz

myboysnme2
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Quick update from me...still here, still challenged, still 4 lbs from goal. I was finally switched to Plan 1 and let me just say that it sucks! I have not been able to stick to it even 1 day. I'm thinking about trying a FF to see if that helps. Any advice?
KimS

Katy66
09-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm on my second day of TO and have my official COD WI tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it works to get the scale moving again:) I've never done a FF but I think that is what I'm doing next time. Sounds much easier to stick to and I've discovered I'm a protein addict:)

Good luck!

aguerin
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
KimS: WHen my center put me on Plan one, I journaled every day, I'm Hungry, I'm Hungry, Hungry, Hungry. They Read it, but didn't do anything about it. After about 3 weeks I finally TOLD the counselor, I'm TIRED of being hungry all the time. So she just bumped me to to plan 2 without blinking an eye. I was to the point I was going to start cheating, I was just tired of being hungry all the time. Just a suggestion.

myboysnme2
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Amy that is exactly how I feel! I feel like since I can't keep within my plan I might as well cheat. I think I'll bump myself back up and see what happens. I get hungry first thing in the morning just knowing how little I get to eat!
Thanks for sharing,
KimS

Catway8
09-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I didnt add my last weigh in on Tuesday cause I did very poorly on the weekend. I gained 3 pounds from Thursday of last week to Tuesday. I was soooooo discouraged and mad at myself. But I got back to it and I am glad to say that I dropped those three pounds when I went in this morning. I will not over indulge like that again. I drank a little too much even had some shooters and take out once. So I consider that a lesson learned. So I am still at what my ticker says.

chiquita623
09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I've been MIA this week but should now be back on track. I had to train another gal from a different office. Talk about stressful!!! I go for my WI at noon today and will post my WI later today. Hopefully it will be in the minus column!!

Lizzy - DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! Even though you may not feel like you are losing pounds by working out and doing the strenuous exercise of taekwondo (spelling?) you are still making your body healthier and much more receptive to losing pounds again. Your body is in a transition mode right now. Give it time and you will be rewarded!!

Kim S - Both you and DixieChick are so close to goal. Must feel wonderful to be so close. You can do it just keep on plugging away!!

Hope everyone had a good week. Will check back in later.

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I see most everyone is struggling with this challenge..........well, that's just no good!!!!

whatazoo
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm half way there. Hopefully I will be able to stay POP the next 2 weeks and can whip this thing! :-)

Katy66
09-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Just updated my ticker. The scale FINALLY moved for me....probably the TO days. Down 2.4 at my official COD weigh in today. I've been POP today as well. I did eat out at lunch but it was Chik Filet so it was on plan. Just need to keep focused this weekend!:)

Kim0303
09-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I am down 4.2 total since the start. I have 5.8 pounds to go to hit my goal of 10 pounds. That sucks! They just moved me down a plan so I don't know. That might jump start things. I have been around 192 all month. Keep telling them something is wrong. Finally they took me down a plan.

Keep plugging away ladies. Liz, I thought for sure you would lose with all that exercise! Kim, I certainly wouldn't be going hungry all the time. Not worth looking like anything for me to be hungr all the time.

Have a POP weekend!

Mama Nicole
09-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh, good.......some of you are doing so well......keep it up :)

amylou7777
09-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Focus, focus, focus! No setbacks this weekend!! I've gotta pick up the pace! Hoping to be down tomorrow and down on my w/i on tues! We can do it!

bradleys mom
09-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, WI this morning and was up 1.8. For a total of 2.0 this week!!! But I ate a FOOTLONG sub last night! Oops. So I sorta expected to be up. I knew I was doing wrong, so I went for a mile and a half jog. I am back POP as of today. And have to stay that way. If I dont go down by this time next week they are putting me back on plan 5! Noooo!

Oh, and by the way I REFUSE to change my tickers for the gain... FYI, I went from 247.2 to 249.2 this week.

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Kimberly..............well, that sucks.......but such is life. Now it is time to re-focus and move on. You can do it. You have lost so much already........so you know you can do it :) Hey, was the sub good? LOL. Anyway.........guilt doens't get you anywhere.........so no feeling bad.........and get back to work :)
XOXO

whatazoo
09-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Kimberly - I know how you feel about gaining, but you will lose it again!! I had prime rib Monday night (along with the baked potato), BBQ potluck at work on Tues (hamburger, all the good (bad) things that everyone brings), then leftover prime rib on Tues night. Yep, I was up Wednesday, but then I was down 2.2 pounds on Friday from being POP. You can do it!!!

Heather115
09-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I've been MIA for awhile because work has just been overwhelming. I think it's completely unfair that I have so much work to do that I don't have time to check in on here! :) JK

I usually try to get on at night just to keep up with what's going on, but with all the kids' activities and my church board meetings recently, I just haven't had a chance.

Anyway, here I am. I've lost 5.4 of the 10 I committed to for the Columbus Day challenge. Whoo hoo! I may not hit 10, but I'll be darn close. I figured out that my halfway point for my 20 weeks of weight loss at the COD will be 10/14. I should have lost 20 lbs. total by that point. We shall see!!

I'm all for the Halloween challenge and T-day challenge and any other challenges ya'll can come up with!

amylou7777
09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Welcome back Heather! You have done So great!!

Kimberly-so glad you aren't afraid to face the COD even after a big ol' sub! You know what your have to do. When I slip up, my COD always reminds me, "Either you want it or you dont"...that always seems to get to me.

I'm down another lb since Tuesday which is great news! I really need to pick up the pace to meet this challenge!

Hope everyone is having a POP weekend!

Mama Nicole
09-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow, Amy...........WTG!!!

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies. I'm still perking right along - not gaining and not losing. I guess that's a good thing considering all the possibilities - right? I'm going to start the plateau buster tomorrow for 5 days. I can do this, I can do this!!! Keep repeating this until I believe it. Glad for everyone's losses - keep up the good work!!!!!!! :carrot: :dance:

bradleys mom
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi gals... Working on losing that sub weight from last week! LOL! So far So POP today! :) We can do this! 2 weeks to go!!!

whatazoo
09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Down 1.6 over the weekend - even with KFC yesterday! Woohoo. Good job losers. Have a POP week.

amylou7777
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow Stephanie you are kicking butt!! Keep it up!

laurie- the 5 day plateau buster was great for me! It wasn't too hard to do and really got things moving again. You can do it!!

I'm hoping to be down at least a couple ounces tomorrow at w/i. Only 2 weeks to go from today!!

aguerin
09-25-2007, 07:40 AM
GM Ladies: Here is my status...

Sat, Sep 22 - 142
Mon, Sep 24 - 145 LOL

Todays plan, Stay on Plan. LOL I was so close, but yet so far....

I'm in D.C. So I am doing the best I can with staying OP, but it is hard. I cannot find the things that I can have so I am doing without them. Maybe that will help kick-start me back in the right direction.

Katy66
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Question, are you guys using your BNWI from home for the challenge or your WI from the COD. I'm only going once a week to the COD. Anyway, weighed this am and I'm at 206 which is about 4 less than my WI at the COD on Friday but I'm figuring about 3 of that is clothes so I'm probably down another lb. Had two LC dinners yesterday, one at lunch and then for dinner. I had something else planned for dinner but ended up working late and just didn't have time for anything else when I got home.

chiquita623
09-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Katy - I'm using my BNWI from home.

bfox74
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Count me in. I think I can do 5 lbs by then.

amylou7777
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been using my COD w/i just bc my scale is about 1-1.5 lbs lower than theirs and I just want to be consistent, but whatever you've been using keep using it. I'm on my way there right now!

Kim0303
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok, I will post my WI for this week on Thursday. Going out of Town on Friday. Oh me. I am going to do my best to stay close to plan but I am at the mercy of a buffet for a retreat. We will see. I am taking some emergency food. Wanted to take all but thought I would look stupid. Only have access to a refrig and microwave. I am sad. I don't think I am going to make my 10 pound goal and it is my fault to some degree. Should be exercising more. Sick of hanging in the low 190s!!!! Got to get below 180 by beginning of Novemeber. Need to be in the 170s by the holidays. Ok, Focus! 16 pounds in 8 weeks should be duable!!! 25 pounds by Christmas, that's what 12 weeks????

Ok, Got to figure out how to get down 6 more pounds by Columbus Day!!! I better start running and not stop huh???

Katy66
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
When the heck is Columbus day anyway, the 12th?

chiquita623
09-25-2007, 04:59 PM
It's the 8th Katy.

bradleys mom
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Dont know if Im gonna... It depends on what Im wearing and how much Ive ate when I get close to there tomorrow!! I have worked for 6 days in a row and I want to SLEEP tomorrow!! I am so used to only working Fridays and Saturday! One of the girls here at work has Pleurisy and has been out on and off for the past month.

Everyone have a good tuesday!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Wow, no posts in over 12 hours!!!

Well I caved in and weighed in this morning! Good thing too! I was down 4 lbs!! :) What a way to start out my day!!

I had an awesome idea last night and thought you all may like it as well... Last night while watching Biggest Loser, during every commercial break (which DH timed as being between 3.5 and 4 minutes each.) I got up and exercised. It was so fun and I ended up getting about 25 minutes of work out time in by the time the show went off! It was awesome! You gals should try it! Not only with BL but with any show that you sit down to watch for 30 minutes or more!

Katy66
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Kimberly - That is an awesome idea. I am still not exercising regularly and know to get the rest of these lbs off I'm going to have to get my butt in gear. There is a gym here at work that I can use. I and a friend of mine plan on starting that next week.......I know it is the oldest excuse in the world but making the time is very hard!!!!!!!!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Katy I know how you feel about having time!!! I have 8 papers due today for psych class and I still have 3 to type!!!! I am suprised I even get time with my DH and my lil munchkin anymore!

chiquita623
09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I hear you both about finding time to exercise. That's a great idea to do something during the commercials Kimberly. I think I'll try that tonight while I'm watching Private Practice and then tomorrow when I watch Grey's Anatomy. I think I'll put on my pedometer and walk in place and see how many steps I can get in. I'll post my WI tomorrow and then my final WI next Thursday for this challenge. Then it's on to the next one for Halloween. I think I'll just keep what I don't lose this time for my Halloween/Thanksgiving challenge goals. Hopefully by then something will have happened and I've lost at least something!!! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

brittyboo07
09-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone. I went and WI on Saturday and well I have been sick since last week and just have not had the energy to really check in much. I am still working but I do have broncitas or however you spell it. Anyway i was down 2.4 lbs.!!!!! I will update my ticker in a little bit but wanted to check in. I want to say congrats to all of you who are either at or almost at your goal!! For those of us who need to go a little bit farther lets keep it up!!!! I set my goal hi on purpose thats just me!

Did we ever decide on what the next challenge is going to be? Thanksgiving?

amylou7777
09-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi guys, I hadn't lost anything at my tues w/i. I was kind of hoping for at least a couple ounces but no such luck. I had a funeral yesterday and it was hard to get all of my food in since there were limited things to chose from. I did get all of my water in and tried my best not to eat off plan.
THe soonest I'll be at the COD is Sat. My home sclae is showing me down about a pound, so I hope it sticks and then some!

Britt-congrats on your loss! I set mine high as well..but we're still in this!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Laurie! I did the same thing with the pedometer! I have set myself a goal to hit 6000 steps a day!

Amy! I got faith in ya! Your gonna make that goal with me!! Stay positive!

Britt! I did the same thing on the last challenge, I set my goal high, but only missed it by 1.8 lbs! But we're gonna make this one! We are going to OVERSHOOT and lose more than our goal!

Well I skipped my Anatomy class tonight to finish all my work for Psychology class!! But, I am DONE! for this week anyway... And most importantly, I have been POP today! Just gotta finish my H2O and fruit and a dairy amd I'll be done!
Goodnight!

shshshhh
09-27-2007, 02:02 AM
About exercising during commercials, I acually have a "TV Lover's Workout" that I can post if anyone wants it. It stipulates different exercises during commercials, kind of like a TV circuit training.

Great idea about working out especially during TBL.

aguerin
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Post if for us ssshhhh. The commercials for BL is usually when I think about working out to.

Kim0303
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Ok Ladies, I am closer to goal. I weighed 189.4 this morning so I have 4 more pound to go to meet my challenge. At least I am a little closer. Talk to you ladies on Monday. Got to pack for my trip! Have a great weekend!!!

chiquita623
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Well after following the plateau buster for 2-1/2 days, I'm down 2 pounds!!! Not anywhere near my goal but at least I'm in the minus column!!

amylou7777
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
yay guys!! that's great news. I wont be to w/i til saturday but so far so good!

Catway8
09-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope your all well. I see some good losses for the week YAY for you!!!!! I went for weigh in yesterday and I was down 2 pounds I go back tomorrow so I hope it is still a loss. Take care everyone.

I don't know if I will be able to hit my goal but I am trying.

Have a good Friday!

shshshhh
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
OK everyone, here is the TV Lover's workout:

TV Lover’s Workout

Opening Credits/Theme Song

March in place lifting your knees to waist level and vigorously pumping your arms. If you have a step, step up and down on it, if you have a piece of exercise equipment such as a bike or treadmill, point it toward the TV and use it at moderate intensity.

Commercial

Do three sets of leg lifts, 15 reps each side per set
Stand with your feed hip width apart, hands on your hips. Bend both knees slightly and shift most of your weight onto your left leg. Keeping your knee slightly bent, life your right leg up and out to the side, about 6 inches. Lower to the start. Repeat all reps with the right leg and the left leg.

2nd segment: March in place for ( or use your step or exercise equipment)

Commercial:
Do 3 set of arm curls using hand weights, soup cans, or bookends of equal weight for resistance. Hold a weight in each hand, arms at your sides, palms facing forward. Stand with your feet hip width apart, knees slightly bent. Curl the weights up to your shoulders and then lower to the start.

3rd segment:

March in place. Every time your show’s big catch phrase is used, skip and do one set of the following exercises:

Alternate through the exercises and do 15 reps per set. If your show does not have a Big Catch Phrase (Hard to imagine) do these exercises just before the next commercial break.
1. Crunches;
2. Push ups: you can do these on the floor with your elbows bent, or against the wall with your elbows straight, bending them as your lower yourself towards the wall.
3. Squats

Commercial:

Do one set of each of these 3 stretches holding each for 10 slow counts:
1. hamstring stretch:
2. quad stretch
3. chest stretch (press your arms behind your back and press upward until you feel a stretch through your arms, chest and shoulders.

Closing credits: take 4 long deep breaths and sit down on the couch and watch more TV. (You’ve earned it)

bradleys mom
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow, thats awesome! Cant wait to try that routine!!

I went ahead and WI today (even thought I just did on Wednesday!) And was down .6 for a total of 4.6 this week!!! Im so excited! I love weeks like this, but I have execised my butt off this week! Yesterday I went walking a mile and did an hour workout! My pedometer was at 9,100 steps before I went to bed last night!

Were taking DS to the zoo tomorrow and my BFF and her DH (which is my husbands BFF) are going too.

twofortea
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Great job everyone!!!! Well I've been a slow loser but weighed in today and lost another 2.2, down to 182.4. Not sure I'll make that 10-pound loss goal, but will definitely keep trying! Take care and hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

-Hillary :-)

amylou7777
09-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Well I am excited to say that I am 2lbs lighter today! Felt so good to move that ticker! My goal is to hit that 40lb marker at tues w/i so that will keep me honest over the weekend (hopefully)

I reallllyyy need to get back on the exercise wagon. This cold really threw me for a loop and I didn't get much activity for a week straight. Thinking about a nice walk today since it's nice and sunny/cool out. Finally starting to feel like fall.

GL to everyone through the weekend!! Only a little over a week left to meet these goals!

brittyboo07
09-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I just updated my ticker and I am down another 1.6 lbs this week. This has me down 4 lbs for this challenge which is good since i joined really late lol. I know I will not be down the additional 6 lbs by the 8th but I am gonna work at it this week to be down another 2 lbs. Everyone is having good progress!!! Lets keep it up and knock this challenge out!

amylou7777
09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Yay! Keep it up Britt!

Only one week from tomorrow to get as close to goal as possible. I'm starting my first ever take off today...doesn't look like much fun but I know I can do it. Hoping it will give me another 2lb week. I am going home on the 12th and would love to say I've lost 45lbs total when I get there...

brittyboo07
09-30-2007, 11:47 PM
good luck Amy let us know how it goes!!!

twofortea
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Down another 2 pounds to 180.5. So that's about 4 pounds for this challenge. :-) Great job to all of those who've lost; you are my inspiration!

-Hillary :carrot:

amylou7777
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Yay Hillary!!

I am on day 2 of my first take off. WOW this is HARD!! I'm not starving but I am constantly thinking about my next little "meal". I got on the scale today after being perfectly on take off and it is already showing a loss. So far so good today...now I just have to make sure not to gain it back once I'm back on my real plan. This challenge and my trip home are really motivating me to get my head back in the game.

How is everyone else doing? Kimberly how was the zoo?

Happy monday everyone!

twofortea
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Great job Amy! I probably need to do take off if this losing streak stops. I'll do the version from here though; don't really care for the juice at the COD.

Need to do better at drinking all my water, so here's to you and all the other losers and shakers!! :D

-Hillary

amylou7777
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks Hillary!

I am SO excited to say that I lost two pounds this weekend as a result of my TO. Now that my goal is somewhat in reach, I feel so much more motivated. I may not lose that last 3lbs but I'm hoping for at least one more in the next week so I'll be in good shape for my Halloween goal!!

HOw is everyone else doing??

bradleys mom
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey gals! I'm going to WI tomorrow. Just watched BL and did my commercial workouts! I had a major cheat over the weekend, so I hoping that I am dreading my weigh in! I ate half of a Domino's thin crust pizza. (Hey it had mushrooms on it!!) Oh, and I had a snickers candy bar... DH and I had our first date night at the movies in a LONG time, so it just felt like old times, thus, came the old food habits!!

I'll update with my WI tomorrow afternoon! Good night!

bradleys mom
10-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Good Morning! I was only up .8 today. Which I thought was good compared to the weekend I had!! I have to work extra hard to hit that goal in 5 days but hey, Ive lost 4 lbs in 4 days before!

whatazoo
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I was down .6 this morning from Monday's weigh in. Hopefully I can keep it off. For some reason, weekends are better for me. Weird, I know. Anyway, I am currently 2.6 pounds away from my goal, and only 5 more days until the last weigh in. Hopefully I can do it, but if not I've given it my best shot! (And I'm only .6 away from 50! Oh, that will be nice...)

aguerin
10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Good Luck Everyone with getting those last few off before D-Day. Just for the record we now have 5 Days!. I have 3 pounds to go. I can do it!

twofortea
10-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Ok, this is bad. Can't seem to remember my weight at the beginning of this challenge? Um yeah, 190, that's it. That would mean I met my goal - yippee . . . NOT!! :D

Seriously, I think it may have been 184.5 but can't be sure. Anyhow, down another .5 to 180. :)

Congrats to everyone on their losses. Let's keep going!

-Hillary

amylou7777
10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Everyone is doing great! I had a MAJOR poop day today. It was our anniversary and I just ordered what I wanted....oops. At least I didn't go for dessert, but still..I know it's going to stall everything after all that work this weekend!
KEEP GOING everyone! A lot can happen in 5 days...

chiquita623
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Good Morning Fellow Losers!! Just checking in with my official final WI for the Columbus Day Challenge. I started at 174 and am at 171 this morning. 3 pounds total. I wanted to lose 9 but that didn't happen so will keep with my mini goal weight of 165 for the Halloween challenge and possibly the Thanksgiving challenge. I'm not upset that I didn't get to my goal as I set it rather high. I'll know better next time. We are getting ready to leave for vacation so I may not be back on here until the 13th or so. Have a great weekend and good luck!!!

myboysnme2
10-04-2007, 11:38 AM
with people that will understand! My bnwi yesterday was 134.9, as you can see my goal is 135...Yeah me right! Sooooo I'm very excited and decide to go hop on the scale at COD...which I know is usually a little higher (sometimes 2 pounds) but hey at least I'll be close! Last time I was there it showed 140.2, yesterday 140.2! AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH! I feel like I'm never going to get there! The counsler told me I could use my home scale and start stabalization but I said NOO! I am going to wait until Friday and hope the COD scale is a little bit closer to my home. I have been pretty stable for the last month!

So that's my vent....thanks for reading. :hug:

KimS

amylou7777
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Kim you are SO close, make sure you wear light clothes, go potty before and don't eat next time you go in ;)

You are already there...just need the number to match up!! Congrats!

aguerin
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Congrats on the goal KimS. Just like AmyLou said, be VERY selective about what you wear to COD, try to go early in the morning and limit your intake before going. That will make the difference. Just a small glass of water can add 1/2 pound. Trust me I have experimented with the scale at home in the mornings.

Congrats again. My goal is 140. I am 3 lbs away. Not sure If I will go on for 135 after that, but will just have to see.

whatazoo
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
KimS - I might suggest that you take off as much as you are comfortable with during WI. Since fall has hit MT, I have been wearing denim pants. I know others do it at the COD, so I have started taking those off during WI. Makes a huge difference to me. Granted, this week has been a wash, but oh well, at least I didn't weigh all my clothes too! :-)

bradleys mom
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok, Its official, And yes I am about to be really negative, but TOM has just hit like never before and I am bloated like a Hot air balloon! I am not going to meet this challenge!!! AGHHHHH!! Why couldnt men have babies!!!!

Catway8
10-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I went for weigh in today and I am soooo happy to say I made the 20 pounds loss. I am 4 pounds away from my goal and I wont be getting weighed again till after the challenge. But I am still extremely happy that I have lost this so far. Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim0303
10-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Congratulations Cathy!!! I am hoping to hit my 20 pound mark on Monday!
Hang in there Kimberly!
KimS, you are there girl. Do what they suggested? Find the lightest thing you can wear and go early and don't eat before you go but tell them you did. They ask me at last WI and I didn't want to hear the *****ing so I lied.
Speaking of WI, I was at 188 exactly! So I have 3 more pounds to lose by Monday and hope that is a possibility since I have been on TOM all week. I hope. That would put me at 185. I will let you know. Got my fingers crossed. Have uped my exercise. Talk to ya on MOnday after WI.

brittyboo07
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Well the day is here D-day you could say. I did not make my goal in fact because of my bronchitas, my mother cooking not me, meds, and just laying around for the past two weeks my WI this morning (home scales not COD) was just not very nice lol. I do have to say that I am feeling much better still not 100% but i have my diary with me and I am getting ready for breakfast. So I am going to have a POP day and get ready to set my goal for our next challenge. Cant wait to see how many of you made it or at least came close!!!

aguerin
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
O.K. I didn't make my goal of 140, which is fine. I had two off days this weekend which messed me up, but thats o.k. My final WI is 145. I may be down a pound or two tomorrow if this water comes off.

I am irritated at the scale, buti it is my own fault. Good Luck to Everyone Else. I don't know if I will be joining the next challenge as I have flunked the last two. :(

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Well I didnt make goal either. In fact I am up a couple pounds from Wednesday. There was no structure to my plan at all since friday! It was TOM and I totally blew it! I was shooting for 239 and only made it to 244 and now Im at 246.

whatazoo
10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I didn't make goal either. I am up from Friday - UGH. And I don't really know why - didn't cheat at all. Oh well, 7 pounds are gone, so that is good. Maybe will hit my actual 50 pounds this week. Am off to sign up for the Halloween/Thanksgiving goal.

LizzyW
10-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I didn't make my goal either. Still gaining and losing the same 4 lbs. I really have to break this so I plan on trying the 5 day plateau breaker at some point or really try to stay on plan, which I thought I had been doing, but the scale says otherwise. I am going to try and set another goal and really try to make this one for once. I have failed all the other challenges, I have to at least get one.

Kim0303
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah!!!! Cathy!!!! WooooHOOOOO! Congratulations on meeting your Goal!!!

Britt, Glad you are better.
Amy, Lizzy, Laurie, Hillary, KimS, Stephanie, Kimberly - Well we are lighter than we were. KimS YOu are so close and an inspiration to all of us! Lizzy you are just building muscle, losing fat, and building more muscle! Hang in there ladies!

I didn't hit my goal either. Tried light clothes, not eating before WI, the whole 9 yards!!! Missed it my 1 pound!!! Lost 9 pounds! I am down 21 pounds from my start date! Yeah!!!

Does anyone do the slim down drinks and know about that challenge at the CO with that??? I ask about it today and I don't know why Slim Fast wouldn't work just as well. Slim Down is so expensive.

amylou7777
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok ladies, this weekend was POOOP to say the least.
Kimberly-we have TOM at the same time and it always gets us off track! We gotta get rid of this monthly stall!
Anway, I ate too much, drank too much and got almost no veggies in this weekend. I was at a bday party in SF and just was not in the mood to be on plan. I'm pretty sure I am up quite a bit since last tuesday's w/i. I will be there tomorrow morning to see what the official damage is!

I've changed my ticker already, but as of lsat w/i I started at 254, and was down to 245, so 9lbs. Was shooting for 12..but I'll take it!

Katy66
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Well I obviously didn't make this challenge....too many vacations and parties this month to get down. I'll roll over to the new Halloween challenge.

myboysnme2
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
My final "official" weigh in for this challenge was 138.8. Didn't quite get there but I am ooooohhhh soooooo close! Good effort everyone!

KimS

bradleys mom
10-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Amy- Were gonna have to exchange phone numbers next TOM so we can call each other when were about to go off track (and I mean WAY off track..) lol

amylou7777
10-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Seriously!! I am so bummed that I have to fight to re-lose a couple pounds here. COD tried to convince me it's just water but it still is hard to see!

We can totally make it to halloween!

bradleys mom
10-09-2007, 07:32 PM
If my COD tried to convince me it was water, I would have been rotfl... I would say, thats not what all that fried fish said yesterday! lol JK

twofortea
10-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't make goal either but down at least 4.5 pounds. :-) Ended up with a stress fracture of my foot so have a big o' boot on. Going to be fun trying to take this sucker off at this week's weigh in. At least I know I'm retaining a bit of water on this foot here (doctor mentioned it was swollen; all I know is it's painful).

Lesson learned: Wear the right shoes! I got this stress fracture from wearing thongs all summer (i.e., no support in the arch). No, nothing exciting like having your foot run over by a monster truck but broken from a stupid thong! Yes, I am falling apart! Hope this is not a sign of things to come. :dizzy:

Hope all is well with everyone!

-Hillary