Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink Core Chat - Sept 3 - 9, 2007

Yes I've been MIA - but back again to see how my favorite chickies are doing!

I have been so upset about my 'non-motivation' that I really could not post here - I have been GAINING weight instead of losing it and this has been making me eat even more - what a vicious cycle.

I am now officially off the anti-depressants (and just starting 5-htp) so hopefully the eating binges will subside but with 3 weeks to cruise time I can't fit into any of my clothes - which is depressing me even more! I need to just relax and take it one meal at a time.

Hope you are all doing well and I am looking forward to catching up on all the news!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #2  
Donna

Happy Labor Day Everyone,

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone This weekend has been pretty bad on my diet. I did ok at the state fair but we went out to dinner (thinking it would be better than fair food) and didn't get there until 8:45 and I was starving, so I ordered and appetizer and wine (potato skins ). I did have a salad for the main meal though. Still it wasn't pretty when I added up points. According to my pedometer I did walk 3 miles around the fair though so that was good.

Yesterday was my mom's family's annual "corn roast" and I sure I didn't do to well there either, although probably better than others since I wasn't laying around holding my stomach complaining I ate too much after dinner. It was nice seeing some of my mom's great aunts and uncles though. One couple has been married for 66 years That's pretty amazing. He's 86 and she's 90. It was fun.

Today should be an easy day. Maybe this afternoon we'll go out for a ride, and I want to get the tomatoes from the garden in the freezer before it's too late. But other than that no big plans. It's so nice I'm tempted to invite myself out to the lake but I don't know. I need a day of rest.

Rhonda - That's so sad about Anna. You may hold fast to your no more pet rule. My in-laws held out for 2 years, they now have a new puppy, but my parents have been w/o pets for 10+ years. Of course my mom never liked pets and my dad lost his allies when we moved out.

Sandra - You are moving quick! Wow. Good luck purging all the snacks.

Patti - On getting that walk in. You are doing great.

Frouf - Welcome back! Good luck getting back on track.

Vicki - Great hearing from you. How did your dinner go?

Well I should go scrounge up something to eat. Need to make a run to the grocery store but I hate going on the holiday as a matter of principle. I'll stop tomorrow after work.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Labour/Labor Day everyone!

Don't do ANY work

Froufy, c'mon back girl. We're here to support you through the struggle, no matter what stage/shape you're in. Motivations change and yours might also. You don't need a lot of clothes for the cruise. It's not a fashion show unless you make it one. Just go, enjoy and tell us all about it, PLEASE!

Anna is still being a trooper, although last night she whined for two hours before going to sleep. But, today, she's up on those front legs, looking around. DH is building her platform with wheels right now. Let's hope it works for her.

DH wants a Schnauzer, but maybe not until we move in two years.

Tech, don't be too tough on yourself. Like Sandra said to me, it's not about the one day here and there. I just love corn roasts. When I first moved to Canada, I went to one where there was ham, corn and tomatoes....delicious. There is just nothing like good food, friends and fresh air!

Take good care,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #4  

Hey gang ,
I slept in this morning,,,Ive been staying up way too late at night. I have a big wake up call tomorrrow morning..yikes! I cant believe Im starting another year so quick. sighh I need to spend more time in my yard and enjoy this nice weather we are having. The winter comes way to quick around here.
Im working on another prayer shawl..it keeps my hands busy at night and they make great gifts. Ive started christmas shopping already. I think I have my oldest dds stockind done already. ha This year is going to be very tight money wise so I have started picking up really nice stuff at a quarter of the price. I found some great deals at Chapters,,,it was from their summer line of gifts they carry. It may have pics of flowers, and fruits on the packaging but my girls are old enough not to care if there dont have snowflakes and santas on the package. Ive been collecting seasonal socks for my oldest dd since last year. Each season I buy one pair for her and Im going to shove them into a big long cardboard tube thats in the center of wrapping paper,and wrap it up! I think its such a cute idea. And she works with children so I know she will love wearing them. I just realized I was complaining about winter coming and here Im talking about christmas..haha on that note I better go see whats for supper here....
good to see you Fouf, Ray is the only one that will know you have gained weight on the cruise..the rest will only see a vibrant wonderful warm funny beautiul woman.......dont sweat it!!! We will be here for you when you get the *moment* when you come back.
Tech I love the picture of you on the bike.
Rhonda we used to go to a corn roast each year when we went camping with my folks....all we would eat was corn though. mmmmmmmmm I want corn now.
ok folks enough yakking.........ttfn
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Froufy's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so good to see you back, dear friend. (Guess what. My clothes aren't fitting now either.)

Donna, I've never heard of a corn roast, but it sounds like something I'd love. It sounds to me like you did very well this weekend considering what all's been happening. Sometimes "life" gets in the way of dieting. What the heck! Hop right back on program. You'll do fine.

Don't work!?! I had a friend who told me to take time to hug myself today. I don't have the energy left.

Rhonda, we don't have any pets at all. Curtis is allergic. Doyle will tell you I always had cats. I haven't had a cat or any other pet for 10 years now. I sort of like it that way. I pet Curtis' bald head and he purrs. If I get to missing pets, I just hang around other folks' pets for awhile and enjoy them.

Patti, you are amazing. I haven't started anything for Christmas. This year will mark a difference for us. We'll be buying and shipping from TX to MT instead of visa versa.

Got to go. Much to do.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-03-2007 at 06:29 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #6  

already....Patti, you've started something now!!

OK, back to reality. Alarm clock tomorrow morning and no more "summer casual" at the university! Granted, we are more casual than other workplaces, but crop pants won't do now.

DH built the little platform for Anna, but we haven't quite figured out the harness to keep her on it when she starts moving those front legs. We will before the night is over.

I'm still not very hungry. Told you I ate a lot on Friday

Good night all,
Rhonda
Old 09-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, usually when I eat a lot one day, I'm extra hungry for days to come. I'm impressed you're not hungry.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #8  

Merry Christmas..I mean Good afternoon everyone,,haha. Continuing to be absolutley gorgeous today....love the fall. I had a little one at work this morning , her mom told me all last week she kept telling her mom she wanted to go see Patti..awwwww made my day. This girl was a little shy at the end of last year so its good to see her come out of her shell. I went into my greenhouse this afternoon and found some HUGE cucumbers..one was almost obscene !! lol...... I wish you guys could see my yard with the tons of birds in it. With the water source from the ponds and the feeders we have hanging its become a bird sanctuary. LOVE IT
There has been times dh and I have to duck cuz of incoming birds..
I didnt walk the bigger loop last night Ididnt have my dog with me and I was a little nervous without him. A couple of street lights are not working at that end and Im scared of meeting a bear. My dog would warn me if one were near by. Tonight I plan on bringing him.
Eating is right on schedule today..oats for break, salad for lunch and turkey pasta for supper..yumm NO SUGARS..... lots of water.
How is your day going??
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Oops, Patti, your enthusiasm is contagious. That's a good thing. I love your spirit.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone
Well just thought I would get on here for a few.
Will have to go and read the post that I have missed.
But wanted to say that we are back. And had a good time.
I thought I had stuck pretty well on plan. But the scales at home says otherwise. Said I gained 3 lbs. Am bummed about that. I guess so much for planning. And I stayed within my points everyday. The only thing I didnt do. Was drink as much water as I normally do. so dont know if that is it or not.
Well I am going to get off here.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Missed you all.
Didnt have weigh in last night with it being the holiday. So will weigh in next Monday evening. So that will give me time to get off what I gained.
Have a great evening.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Patti, Curtis made the comment that we need to curb our variety. I think he's right on target with "You." Congratulations to you for having such "TO ITiveness." We'll be joining you when we move to the Condo.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Coco, just hop back on that wagon.

Speaking of "wagon", I miss Melissa.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #13  

Yes, Coco, those pounds will go...temporary from your trip, for sure.

Patti....BEARS!? No thanks. Yes, do take your dog, for goodness sake.

Speaking of dogs, Anna remains in pretty good spirits, and vet says to give her more time on these meds.

I wanted to eat everything in sight today. Wierd. From not hungry to strong desires to just splurge. The desires were mostly avoided but I did eat some cheese off of pizza slices. Could be worse, for certain. Must be agitated from beginning of the new term.

is cancelled again tonight, but I've found lots of classes available at the university, and I'm arranging my schedule to get to those and to classes. Stay tuned!

BBL

Rhonda
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #14  

Hi everybody! I'm here, I'm reading, I'm on plan, and I'm busy! I've been biking the girls to school and back, and been taking long bike rides with my mom in the evening. I don't even know how many miles I got in today - probably around 10? They always say find an exercise you love, and I think I have found it in biking. I just need to find a forgiving seat that doesn't chafe MY ample seat, and I'll be all set. The one I have is nice, but something isn't quite right.

Anyway, that's what's new in my life - biking, biking, and more biking.

I'll try to check in with more frequency. It's nice to hear what you all are up to.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Angela, so you're biking. That's neat. Curtis and I are taking our baby boomer bikes south and plan to do some riding. Our is spoken for by the house buyers. Curtis and I talked about it tonight and decided to take it south with us if the buyers change their minds about buying it. We'll just keep it and not try to sell it again.

Rhonda, I've been chewing on the curtains and everything else lately. We're going t=back to WW this Thurs AM and will get OP then. That's the plan, anyway. I guess I'm an "all or nothing" sort of girl. It's time for "all."