LA Weight Loss - Sept 2 - 9 LAWL Losers and Friends Threads

Katy66
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Good Labor Day morning and yes I'm at work...guess by being on here I'm not doing too much laboring huh? Hope I did this correct, I've never started a thread before.:smug:

Had an okay weekend, staying close to plan but a few too many events that involved a few too many liquid fruits.;) I'm just getting a little loose with my planning and munching. Need to get back on track but we have a beach trip next week. I'm going to try to be POP most of this week in prep.

Felicia - congrats on the NSV. Isn't it great?

Amy - your new avatar is great!

Kim3 - the Grove Park spa sounds like a wonderful reward. I've been to that floor of the resort to buy gift certificates for something here at work. Sad to say I've never been there myself :( and would have to do a lot of saving first.

Hey to all the others out there.....Kim 2; Nicole; Jillian; Joni; Dan; Sherry; Carrie; Liz; and anyone I've missed. Looks like it has been a really slow weekend for chatting:)

Well I'm in the office today to get caught up so I better get off here and do just that!:D If you are lucky enough to be home today, enjoy your holiday!

bahamadream10
09-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone! Well I only have 3 more days of my weight loss phase and I only had 3 more pounds to lose and I screwed that all up!!!!!! I took the kids to the beach almost everyday and alot of snacking not enough water alot of carb cravers! Oh well my own fault back OP today though! Have a great labor day everyone!

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Good Morning all! Happy Labor Day! Hope everyone has a POP week. I have been a little shaky this past weekend, so I may have messed up my Labor Day goal. Not sure, I don't get to weigh in until Wednesday. I really need to invest in a working scale.

Happy Monday!:cb:

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Happy Labor day All!

Katy-you are at work?! I hope you aren't there all day! Thanks for the compliment on the new av!

Nannette-you are so close!! That is awesome. GL with the last few days.

Kimberly- I already joined your new challenge and am excited to have a short term goal in mind.

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was SO relaxing and pretty much boring, a big change so it's been nice to lounge.

I'm starting a 7 day POP challenge for myself....who's with me?

Katy66
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes, Unfortunately I am but I'm getting tons of stuff done! No phone calls(except for DD and DH), no emails, and no visitors:) Don't like working on holidays but hey this way I won't be worried about all that isn't done next week while I'm soaking up the sun at the beach:)

lizababe
09-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Hola! Como estas amigos?

We got back from Mexico a couple of days ago and today is my last day off before back to the daily grind. I came back from Mexico with a sunburned back and tatas and 3 lbs heavier! Today, the sunburn is peeling and the sclae shows me back down that 3lbs and another! I don't trust the sclae though with the heatwave we're having because it's most likely water that's going up and down. Mexico was great and I'll upload some pics later. For now I'm trying to beat the heat and at the same time get the house organized and Mini-Me ready for the first day of school tomorrow.

Kristen - How was the birthday and anniversary?

Katy66
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Welcome back Liza, hope your trip was wonderful!

Mama Nicole
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Welcome home, Liza.

Katy......sorry you had to work today :(

Amy........I'm with ya on your challenge :)

Hello to everyone else!!! It is hot here again, and I just have no desire to go outside. I am totally ready for fall!!! I put 2 blankies on my website today, adn hopefully I will get this dress done today so I can get it on tonight. I hope everyone is having a great day :)
XOXO

Kim0303
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Now I am counting the days to the next one! Ha! Ha! HOpe the scale is down at WI tomorrow at COD. I am going to be upset if it isn't!

dolphn545
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Happy Labor Day Everyone! :wave:

just poppin in to say hi. Had to work today, then went to the laundromat. Just got home and fixed dinner for the family.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

equinetcan
09-03-2007, 06:53 PM
hello everybody!! Happy Labor Day!!

This weekend I didn't do much. I visited with a friend on saturday for a bit who is recovering from emergency gall bladder surgery and then on sunday did a few things around the apartment and went and visited with the furkid for a few hours.

Today I was working. We finally - yes finally - went live on the phones for our new client that I have been training off and on for since May 27. Go figure. Luckily because of the holiday it wasn't that busy so we were able to get our feet wet before its busier tomorrow. But I didn't mind working as I got triple time since it was a holiday. So I paid out the normal day and banked the other two days that I would have been paid for by the double overtime. Its nice we have that option as this gives me back the time I have booked off for when I move.

Today we had food brought in as well but I had veggies, some cheese and a little dip, which was light. So all in all not bad. They had cookies and such but I didn't have a bite of one. And may I tell you that the table with all this stuff was directly behind me and they also used the desk next to me to put all the cookies on. So for about 5 hours today I had chocolate chip, molasses and double chocolate brownie cookies within fingertip reach and did I mention...not a bite!!! LOL

I guess you could call that a NSV.....

Tomorrow will be intereesting as it will be a lot busier we think so more variety of calls and be able to get more fluid in your delivery to the customers. I am usually pretty good but I was struggling today too. Its hard on day one with nerves and all..

Not much else on deck for the rest of the week. Just work and home. Unless something else comes up in the meantime.

I hope everyone had a good labor day weekend and you were able to enjoy it with family and friends!!

Mama Nicole
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Kim......I never did take the time to respond to your sewing comment, but wanted to share with you that I so understand what you are talking about when people don't want to pay for what your time is worth. Now, not everyone is like that....but many people don't have a clue of what is all involved in creating something. I don't usually take offense, it is just frustrating sometimes :) Your back packs sound wonderful :)

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Nicole....the blankets are to die for. I LOVE the fabrics and especially love the satin trim! You are doing such a great job!

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I know this is definately a question for COD, But, if you add the lites to your plan does it take you down a plan? When they gave me samples when I first joined they had me on plan 4 while doing lites. I am on plan 5 without lites. I ordered a weeks worth from ebay, just so I can see if they will make any difference for me.

angelbretsmom
09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
hi! all
Well today is almost done and I was on pop all day, which I usually don't veer to far off of anyway I have about 12 more to go before I hit goal and I am a little nervous as hubby and I are going away to Toronto on the 17th for a week which I am so looking forward to but I was hoping to have reached goal before this. But I know I can do it and I am so glad to have found this web site.

bahamadream10
09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Nicole,
I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your blankets look! You definately have a customer for my next baby gift that I give. It is just like the blankets my mom used to make, I miss that, she passed away 7 yrs ago! I wish I knew you when I had both my babies it would of been nice to have something cozy like what my mom would of made me. I can't wait to see more dresses! Can you make holiday dresses for the American doll bitty baby ?

bayoubelle68
09-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Nicole - LOVE the blankets! They are precious! And I, too, understand how frustrating it is when people don't get how consuming the creative process is. It takes time and even when it doesn't take as long, it's still mentally taxing! Your stuff is gorgeous!

Mama Nicole
09-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Nanette........how big is the American Doll Bitty BabY (how tall)? I will check into it :)

Amy and Felicia.......thankyou for your sweet compliments. I didn't get my dress done yet, as I got caught up in a coat design.......but come tomorrow, it will be there (this is my way of setting myself a deadline......lol).

So, did everyone do ok over this picnic holiday weekend? I did. I am so excited. As my Germany trip is getting closer and closer, I am trying harder. We leave Sept 27th. Whoo hoo. I just want to feel good in my clothes, you know.

I hope you all have a wonderful week :)
XOXO
XOXO

bahamadream10
09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Nicole,
The bitty babies are 15 inch dolls you can go onto their website to see them. Their website is Americangirl.com. Thanks again!

Dan2112
09-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Morning all..

We had a busy, mostly POP weekend.. A bit heavy on the beef side of things, but we'll just have to see how that plays out... I'm still stuck in my 200-198 rut.. Feels like I've gone into maintenence.. Maybe a TO will shock those last few pounds off, eh? I haven't done one in a while, so maybe it's time.

Liza - Glad Mexico went well, and that you made it back without destroying the diet.. I'm sure the nasty heat in SoCal is playing havoc with everyone's water intake/retention.. Just keep plugging away.

To everyone else - Have a great day and keep up the good work!!

Mama Nicole
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Where is everyone today???? It's creepily quiet.

chiquita623
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a POP weekend. I didn't but that was expected. We went to Indianapolis to the drag races and there is nothing there that is on plan. Luckily I took some carrot chips and some cucumber slices so at least I gave it the old college try. Have been doing TO yesterday and today so we'll see if I can offset any damage I may have done.

Nicole - I love the blankets. As soon as I find out whether we are having a boy or girl, I plan on placing an order.

OOps, the boss is hovering around my desk. TaTa for now.

amylou7777
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi guys!!

Nicole-congrats on your loss--that is AWESOME!! So happy for you.

I am bound and determined to be POP today.

My scale is showing me a little up today from yesterday (whhyyyy did I eat popcorn???) but I need to get my butt to the COD to get weighed so I'm stopping by before class.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday! Hopefully I'll be back on to change my tickers!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Good morning everybody!!! I decided after my horrible weekend to do a TO, so far so good. I was completely POP yesterday!

My oldest son is getting married in October and we had their first shower Sunday and it was fantastic, they got lots of stuff.

Nicole-I had WAYYY tooo much cake at the shower, thought about you! LOL
Your baby blankets are beautiful!

I read too many posts to do personals, that always happens when I'm away for a few days. You all are a chatty bunch!

Heres to a great week!!!

bayoubelle68
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I did NOT want to come to school today! I just feel like I'm dragging along.

DH just emailed me - very upset because he rode his bike 30 miles on Saturday, ran 5 miles on Sunday and was only down .6 this morning. I told him he's probably retaining fluid. His 40th birthday is next Tuesday (yes, 9/11), so we're having a little party at our house on Saturday. Just family and a few friends. He has requested Cane's chicken fingers. If you've never had them, you don't know what you're missing. We haven't had them since we started LAWL, so it will be a nice little indulgence. He's also requested my White Chocolate Cheesecake with Fresh Raspbery Sauce. That will be a BIG, wicked indulgence!! It won't hurt him since everybody knows that there are no calories in the food you eat at your own birthday party, but I'm going to make sure I have a big veggie tray so I won't be too bad!!

lizababe
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Nicole - I agree... your blankets are wonderful! I'll order one when you're ready for my niece at Christmas time.

Dan - No kidding. It hit 102 and stayed there for 4 hours yesterday and that's on the water! I've been drinking water like crazy but feel like I need an IV to keep up. I was doing some very heavy housework the last two days and ended up with some serious vertigo last night that lasted through this morning (first day back at work) I got some gatorade and am better now. I don't think that's in the plan but my electrolytes were pretty messed up. The hard part about staying OP when it's hot like this is eating enough. It's too hot to cook plus our power was out all Saturday. I did grill chicken and Mahi Mahi and nibbled on that through the rest of the weekend as well as raw veggies and fruit. The Luna bars were just too heavy so those weren't included. BTW the 198-200 rut you're in... When I first came on here you were "flirting with 205" in June. You've done amazing!

Felicia - DH's birthday request... yummmmmmmmmm! Good for him with the bike ride! I did 20 miles last summer and my bum didn't forgive me for a long time. Good luck with the back to school stuff!

Kim - congrats to your oldest DS! Cake... that just doesn't sound good to me right now but I'm glad you enjoyed it you hot mama!

Amy - I'm sending POP thoughts your way! You can do it!

Looks like I may get to return to COD this week. I've missed it...

Joni135
09-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome back Lisa...Estoy bien!! Y tu? (okay, high school Spanish wasn't a total waste).

I know this is definately a question for COD, But, if you add the lites to your plan does it take you down a plan? When they gave me samples when I first joined they had me on plan 4 while doing lites. I am on plan 5 without lites. I ordered a weeks worth from ebay, just so I can see if they will make any difference for me.
Kim R - in answer to your question, yes, your plan number changes if you do the lites. I am not good with the new plan numbers, but if you didn't do lites on the old "color menu" plans you got a little more protein and more veggies....a pathetic substitution for the yummy lites if you ask me, but the protein and veggies are better for you if you think about it.

Nicole - Sew....I see you lost almost 5 lbs these past couple weeks or so!! WTG young lady....keep up the good work......Germany is only 3 weeks away!
The blankies are a great addition to your site, but somehow the jumper dress has disappeared from the online catalog section...did you take it off?

Gotta run...more later, I hope.

I did a 10K on Labor Day and it contained a lot of hills. Needless to say, my body is a bit cranky today. But I'll survive. I'll weigh tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I've stayed the same the last couple weeks. The weight would probably come off if I tried a little harder! I will. I will.

Mama Nicole
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Joni.......you always crack me up cuz you never make excuses for not losing....you say it like it is...."but I'm pretty sure I've stayed the same the last couple of weeks. The weight would probably come off if I tried a little harder." Cracks me up every time! Congrats on doing a 10K. I don't think I would ever be that brave.......especially considering the fact that I don't run :)

Hellos to everyone..........have to get some work done as 4 yo is at preschool right now. Stay OP everyone.......it feels soooo good :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, and on the cake subject....KIM and FELCIA...........YUM!!!!

Bajachick3
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
hi there..;I am back..I recognize some names like mama nicole..alannah....I still have keep 17 pounds off but are NOW back on track....Is anyone elses center changing names..I think mine is...but they will honor our contract....I will committ to posting and losing...thanks nance

Bajachick3
09-04-2007, 02:24 PM
hi Joni...so nice to see o ld b u ddies still here....thankss..nance

Dan2112
09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Welcome back Nance!! Don't be a stranger!

BarbaraB
09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Good morning all (well still morning here barely)

I managed to be pretty much POP this weekend!
I even took a hike in the Columbia River Gorge yesterday, and it was really such a pretty place. A less popular waterfall that we didn't see a soul for maybe an hour and a half of hiking and sitting by a secluded waterfall. Kind of romantic to be alone with my DH in the middle of the woods by a waterfall like that. Good exercise as we hiked about 4 and a half miles.

Dan, the last pounds seem to be the most reluctant to come off and stay off. I felt like the last few ones just did not want to go, but even if you were to just stay where you are for the rest of your life, well that is appears to be a good and healthy place to be. You are already such a success story and inspiration to us all.

Today is my 1 year anniversary since I started on the LAWL diet. Who knew I could stick with something for a whole year! Even though I've been on maintenance since May, it is still sticking with the major lifestyle changes that I've made. I should celebrate by doing a take off... HA HA HA...

Mama Nicole
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Nance.....good to see you :)

Katie......where are you??

JLem311
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
hey everyone. i have a short work week this week since we're flying out to see the kids again on friday. i'll be staying til friday the 14th. :) my DD, julia (who's 4yrs old) just started preschool today! i'm so excited for her but sad because i wasn't there to take her for her first day of school. but that will change in a matter of months hopefully, as we're moving at the end of the year! i'm so excited!

anyways, the scale still seems to be staying. not sure what the deal is. but i need to get into the COD before we fly out, so probably will be tomorrow. they're going to measure me since i haven't been since may. i know i've lost inches, but the scale is still taunting me! stupid thing!

ok, gotta go and get a workout in. hope everyone is having a great day!

glad to see you back, nance! :)

dolphn545
09-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Wicked, evil scale. I WI after work today, and it was up. I'm not changing my ticker til after a morning WI (which hopefully will be tomorrow)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Bajachick3
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome backs...how come I gained part of the wt. back..I know I know. I really do know ....Its because I have too much wine in the evening and then dont care..sooo need to watch that. All is great now cause its only two ...at about five I will be wanting a glass a wine..Then I need willpower..I think I can picture that will power dust thing again..nance

Bajachick3
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM
:carrot::dust::dust:There I found the needed dust...to share nance:carrot::bday2you::celebrate:

Heather115
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Good evening, everyone! Good to see we didn't all fall off the wagon over Labor Day! I didn't do well, but it was more a matter of not eating enough rather than eating too much of the wrong stuff. I tended to just not eat much if there weren't enough good choices available. What I did eat was saltier than I've gotten used to so the scale was really making faces at me this morning. I really expected to see a gain when I went to the COD to WI this afternoon. Lo and behold, I was down a pound and a half! I was tickled pink. Now I know the scale tomorrow morning here at home will be more friendly to me too. I'll update my ticker then as I use my 'nekkid' morning weight on there.

Liza - glad you made it back from Mexico refreshed and rarin' to go. The time you were gone flew by for me so I'm sure it was much faster for you!

Joni - I am in awe of your running self! You go, girl!

Nance - Nice to meet ya! I know some of the veterans have been asking for you so I'm sure they are happy to have you back!

And everyone else, hello to you too!

bayoubelle68
09-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Cross your fingers, friends! I have to go WI tomorrow during my class's PE time. I only need 3 more pounds to be in Two-Topia! I'm not really thinking that the whole 3 pounds will be gone this WI, but you never know!

I haven't started exercising yet. I told myself that I would wait until I was below 300, so it wouldn't be so bad on my knees and feet. Looks like that's coming soon, so I'd better head soon to get a workout video of some sort - I'm thinking either Yoga Booty Ballet or The Biggest Loser 2. We'll see! If nothing else, at least the weather is starting to be cool enough that we can start walking in the evenings.

Kim0303
09-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Speaking of knees, mine is killing me. I did something to my left one. Seems everytime I start back to work, the floor or concrete at work kills my feet and my knees!
Was POP today. Went to COD for WI and the scale isn't budging! I am frustrated I lost the 12 pounds in about 3 weeks and just maintaining! I know I didn't put it on overnight. However sometimes it seems I can. I just expect to keep dropping not stop!
Oh well, talk to all you ladies and gentleman tomorrow.

equinetcan
09-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Nicole - the blankets are wonderful!!

We are nuts at work right now and I'll be doing lots of overtime the rest of this week. Unlimited time is available until end of day friday so far so I'll have a nice paycheck in a couple of weeks.

I am glad to see that some people here are doing really well. Its nice to see those tickers moving in the right direction!!

have a good night everybody...I should go get some sleep as I have to be back at work bright and early...

BarbaraB
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Alannah, I bet you will find a use for the extra money when you move into your new house. Will you be able to have Chancey there? I know you miss your furbaby.

Nance, welcome back. The liquid fruits seem so innocent until after you drink them! I hope your will power dust works for you.

Kim #3, the weight will move down again soon if you stay POP. You are doing fantastic. Most likely you will see a nice drop your next weigh in. Of course given the fast start, you will see it slow down here... Or maybe your body is just making that 12 pounds a real and permanent loss. Replacing water weight loss with fat for a couple of days.

amylou7777
09-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Welcome back Liza!! can't wait to see your pics from Rosarito. Hope getting back to work has gone ok!

Felicia-WOW! You are right there! If not tomorrow, then definitely very soon you will be in two-topia! I am dying to see an updated picture. I bet you look amazing.

A big HI to everyone else. I'm falling asleep...time for bed!

aguerin
09-05-2007, 08:40 AM
GM all. Haven't posted much lately due to travel, Holiday and now going to be traveling again. I have not been focused on being POP. I have tried for the most part, but cheated a few days and boy does it cost you. Anyway going back to COD after being away for 2 weeks. Hope the scale is nice cause I don't want to hear it. Also don't want to hear about not adding the food for stabalization. Don't really need to if I'm not losing now do I?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Good morning everybody!!!

Nance-Nice to see you back!

Kim #3, hang in there chickie, you're doing things right and it WILL pay off...patience grasshopper!

Heather-HI!!!! Glad things are going good for you!

Liza-Welcome back!

Amy-I'm going to WI tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks too. I was such a big all last week that I was afraid of the scale, gonna go tomorrow and face the music! LOL I've been POP 3 days in a row so maybe thats helped, we'll see. Its taken me 8 weeks to get through 6 weeks of stabilization because I keep messing up!

My SIL is sending me the dress she wore for her sons wedding last fall to see if I might want to wear it. I'm thinking it might be a tad tight so I'm gearing myself up for a few weeks of weight loss if it doesnt fit. Its a gorgeous dress and I would love to be able to wear it so we'll see what happens there!

Everybody else, have an amazing day!!!

emmysmom
09-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Joni - A 10K...wow! I've done 5k's, but haven't been brave enough to try 10. But I wanted you to know that you inspired me. When you said that you were going to do a race, I had wished that I had signed up for one somewhere...I just never found one close enough to home to do and then forgot about it. So on Labor Day I thought, I can just do a 5k on my own! So I did....3.4 miles to be exact and jogged the entire 3.4 miles! So I'm pretty proud of myself. The last time I did that was in 2001! Those 5k's do become a little addictive though...must be the competitor in me.

Dan2112
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey there everybody.. I was down to 197 today, so cross your fingers that the last couple of pounds are only a few days away.. Just gotta stay POP and get my a$$ off the couch..

Hope you all have a great day!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
:carrot::cb::cp::cheer2:Way to go Dan!!!

Joni135
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Dan - congrats......something tells me you don't sit on the couch very long!!

Felicia - can't wait to hear the results of your WI...good luck! As far as exercise DVDs go, I have to say I wasn't a fan of the Yoga Booty Ballet - matter of fact, I returned it to get my money back. I have a lot of workout tapes and one of my favorites when just getting back into working out are the WOTP (Walk Off the Pounds) and you can get those at Wally World.....

Nance - it's so good to see you. Where the heck did you go? How far is Huntington Beach from San Diego (where Liza is).

Tina - I'd rather be able to jog/run a 5K than fast walk a 10K....I just can't do the running thing for too long...I seem to have a hip/leg/sciatic nerve problem that won't go away. Well, it may go away when the last 26 lbs go away!

Where are Cassi, Katie, Kristen, Pearl and a whole bunch of other folks? Quit hiding and say hello!!!

Katy66
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Good morning! I've been out of touch since Monday so there isn't time for many personals. Looks like everyone did pretty with their plans over the holiday, wish I could say the same:) I'm on the POP challenge and started yesterday. My goal is to be POP until my beach trip next week. Then my goal for vacation is to enjoy myself and my family while staying as close to plan as possible.

Hope everyone has a great day:)!

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi Friends :)
I haven't even read anything yet today.....it has been a busy morning.....but wanted to let any of you who are interested know that I put a picture of one of my dresses on my webshots this a.m. It is not the photo I will be using for my site, as I need a model for it for that. I have to run DD to school right now, but I have a story or two to tell when I get back. I will catch up with you all then :)
XOXO

Katy66
09-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Looking forward to the stories Nicole:)

LizzyW
09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
GM everyone,

Nicole - I finally got a chance to look at your website again and those blankets are fantastic. I have a neighbor that is due with their second baby girl this month and may buy one of those for them. Plus another neighbor that has a little girl too and may buy one for them as well. They are incredible. You are amazing. I also looked at your dress in the webshots and it is amazing. You truly have found your calling.

Kimberly - I would take the lites, but I have quit using them. I was kind of getting sick of them at the time the center closed. And smores were my favorite.

Joni - congrats on the 10K. I would be lucky to run down the street. Never was a runner. Walking I could probably handle though.

Best get to work and will talk to all later. Have a great POP day everyone

Liz

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok ladies…….and Dan…….I am back from bringing DD to school.

Heather……..congrats on being down again. You are getting so close to goal.

Felicia…….I am crossing my fingers for the two topia. It will happen soon, and I am really pulling for it to happen this week.

Kim…….can you wear Crocks to work? I know they are ugly…..but they saved my knees on my ceramic tile floors. When we moved into our current house, I had never had ceramic tile……and suddenly I was on it all day long……and I was a hurtin unit. Now, my ceramic tile is all gone…….and I still wear crocks all day long. Although I hate how they look, they really do help.

Alannah……that overtime is going to come in so handy with moving. It is always way more expensive than you plan for.

Hi Barbara and Amy

Dixie Amy…..crossing my fingers that the sclae will be good to you.

Kim #2……..I hope the dress fits…..when you try it on….take a picture for us, I am dying to see it.

Tina…….wow……I think you are quite brave for signing up for any race. I am a big chicken.

Oh, congrats Dan!!!! It’s so nice to see a change in the right direction on that sclae, isn’t it?

Where are Cassi, Katie, Kristen, Pearl and a whole bunch of other folks? Quit hiding and say hello!!!

Yeah, Joni……that’s what I have been wondering myself. And Angie, Wendy(s), Lettie, Makena, and so many otheres.

Hi Katy………….you can do this J

Hi Kimberly!!!

Ok……..so here is my story. I mentioned the other day that my new dentist (who replaced my retired dentist) would not cement my loose crown back in…….and that I have been thinking of switching dentists………well, last night DH and I decided to have a “romantic dinner.” After we put the kids to bed, we fondued filet and had lobster tail. DH’s boss had given it as a gift, and we finally decided to eat it (I am doing FF, so it was perfect). So, around 10:00 pm we finally started eating. Well, I had taken my crown out earlier in the day in a feeble attempt to re-cement it myself. The cement made it sit too low and my bite didn’t feel right……so I had it soaking to remove any of the cement. This is a molar…….not a front tooth or anything…….anyway…..as I started eating the filet, I decided I wanted to have my crown in in order to eat the filet (the crown stays in while eating, it just comes out if I am chewing gum)……so I discreetly took the cup to the bathroom to put one said tooth back into my mouth. (I was really trying not to ruin the mood)……….and……..I sat back down at the table…..began eating…..and the filet was a bit tough because we had the oil a little too hot……..and when I went to bite down on the crown side, it hurt because the tooth was still not sitting right from the excess cement…….so I moved the food to the other side of my mouth and swallowed……….MY CROWN!!!!!! Yep…..I ate my own freeking tooth. How’s that for a fatty boombilaty story? So, there is a whole lot of money sitting in my digestive system somewhere…….and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it. It was so gross. Totally killed the mood. I started crying……….not only because I look stupid now…….and not only because the cost of the repair…….but because I started worrying that it is going to get stuck somewhere. I tried to make myself vomit (sorry TMI), but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t know how those bulimics pull it off. It has a big old post sticking out of it. Do you think I should be worried? Do you think I need to call my MD? I feel like such an idiot. But at the same time……..it’s just so damn funny. And………I leave for Germany in 3 weeks, and the very last thing I want to spend $$$ on is a dentist bill. Pisses me off too, cuz the crown is only 1 year old. Whatever. So, t hat is my story………..

Anyway…….I am happy to report that I stayed OP. It helped that I made my muscles super sore when trying to retrieve the crown…..so I didn’t eat much of anything. So gross……I know.

So, how was your evening? LOL

Ok, back to work for me………
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks Lizzy :)

MomOfThreeTeens
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
LOL Nicole, I gotta stop reading your posts at work, I literally laugh out loud then the kids look at me like I've lost my mind. I'm sorry your evening was ruined but I couldnt help but laugh. The crown should uhhhh pass right through all by itself so I dont think I would worry about it. Now getting it back is a different topic all together! LOL

BarbaraB
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi All,

Well I finally got brave and stepped on the scale (and jumped right back off again!) Up about 6 pounds from my low weight. Oh my. So tomorrow and friday will be a take off for me and then probably some time on weight loss. I just hope they do come off more easily this time than they did when I was on weight loss, as I think it took me about 10 weeks to lose those 6 pounds and I'm just sick that they are back! Actually it is recoverable, seeing as it is after a 3 week vacation and 10 days of being sick, it could be worse. I'd be on take off today but my company has a fiscal year end party tonight that I said I'd go and we are too small of an office to beg off and not get the office admin mad at me as she spent a lot of time arranging it.

Oh well... I think I'll do the grapefruits this time. I believe I've had the best results from the grapefruit.

MTdebster921
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Morning all,

I'm finally getting over this darn cold and starting to get back into the swing of things.

Amylou- Love the new avatar. Lookin good!!!

Liza- Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Nicole- The blankies and the dress are awesome. That bonnet is just too adorable too. I know that this will be a success for you! Big bummer that you swallowed your crown and ruined the romantic mood. I wouldn't be too worried about the post unless it was sharp. You could do a poop search over the next couple of days to retreive the tooth. EWWW! Ok maybe not....but it wouldn't hurt to do it anyway so that you know it came out ok.

Alannah- Great job on resisting those cookies!!! That's a huge NSV.

Joni- Awesome job on the 10K. I could probably do one if it was fast walking all the way. Too much junk in the trunk for this girl to be running.

Nance- Welcome back! Good to see you!

Barb- That sounds like a super nice day with DH, and got some exercise to boot.

Jillian- Have fun on your trip home.

Felicia- How did WI go? You will be in two-topia in no time!

Kim3- I hope your knee is getting better. I am on my feet on a concrete floor all day too. I ended up getting some really good arch supports and some really good shoes. Makes all the difference in the world. There used to be days I would literaly cry for the first hour of my day because my feet hurt so bad when I got out of bed.

Dan- Great job on seeing 197!! I keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks for you.

And a big "HI" to Katy, Nanette, Kimberly, Sherry, Laurie, Kim2, Heather, Amy, Tina, Liz and all the rest of you chicks that are MIA!!

My new avatar is of me and DH from SIL's wedding party. I put a full length picture of me in the dress in my profile pic. I got lots of good reactions and got flirted with a lot at the party. Made me feel on top of the world.

Have a great day everybody!!

dawn78
09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Deb – Wow, look at you! I took a peek at your profile picture and you look fantastic!

Nicole – what luck? I’m sorry, but the visual you created is quite funny! So much for setting the mood! Like Deb said, you’ll have to do a poop search just to make sure it passed. Ewww!

Angie
09-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been feeling overwhelmed with the thought of catching up on personals, so I'll just start fresh from here. I've been (slightly) off track for the last two weeks, haven't weighed in or visited the COD either. I'm going to wait until next Tuesday to WI, as part of the No Sclae challenge.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey there everybody.. I was down to 197 today, so cross your fingers that the last couple of pounds are only a few days away.. Just gotta stay POP and get my a$$ off the couch..

Hope you all have a great day!!

WOW WOW WOW! Great job Dan!!!

chiquita623
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Stupendous job Dan. You give us all faith that it can be done!!!

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Dan - congrats......something tells me you don't sit on the couch very long!!

Felicia - can't wait to hear the results of your WI...good luck! As far as exercise DVDs go, I have to say I wasn't a fan of the Yoga Booty Ballet - matter of fact, I returned it to get my money back. I have a lot of workout tapes and one of my favorites when just getting back into working out are the WOTP (Walk Off the Pounds) and you can get those at Wally World.....

Nance - it's so good to see you. Where the heck did you go? How far is Huntington Beach from San Diego (where Liza is).

Tina - I'd rather be able to jog/run a 5K than fast walk a 10K....I just can't do the running thing for too long...I seem to have a hip/leg/sciatic nerve problem that won't go away. Well, it may go away when the last 26 lbs go away!

Hello!

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Angie, good to see you!

Nicole- Holy cow! Sorry to hear about the crown. Now you have a qwest. This is your clue: "You will have to sit on the throne to find the crown!" Haha, just kidding, couldn't resist!

Deb- What a great picture and a great dress! As usual, love the tatoo!

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Nicole- Holy cow! Sorry to hear about the crown. Now you have a qwest. This is your clue: "You will have to sit on the throne to find the crown!" Haha, just kidding, couldn't resist!

:rofl: I laughed so hard, Katie, that my 16 yo. DD thinks I am even crazier than she did before....... :rofl:
You are so clever. Isn't clever just the dorkiest word ever.....but no other word will do :)
XOXO

ANGIE.......good to see you. I have missed your humor. Get back OP girl.....we need you around here ;)
XOXO

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Speaking of your older DD, how is she doing? I remember that school last year was pretty tough. Have things improved?

Katy66
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Nicole - My office mates kept coming to my door asking what was so funny (of course I can't share since they know I'm on here and not working...not good for the boss:) What a visual! Hope things come out all right. I wouldn't worry about it too much and I certainly wouldn't do a poopy search... a diamond or something maybe but not a crown.

Katie - you are too funny! Glad to see you back.

Deb - Great new picture

MomOfThreeTeens
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Had an NSV this morning I just had to share...I wore jeans to work today even though we're only supposed to wear them on Friday(I so dont care) LOL anyway one of the teachers was fussing at me and a male teacher in the hall replied, When you look that good in a pair of jeans you should wear them everyday. Glad the principal wasnt around to hear him LOL Maybe wasnt the most appropriate comment but it sure made my day!!!

chiquita623
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. Just wanted to hop on here real quick and say Hi. Things are absolutely crazy nuts at work this week. There are only 2 of us that work in the front office and the other gal (who is also the bosses wife) took this week off so I'm holding down the fort. Course it doesn't help that I work for 5 males that are absolutely helpless most of the time!! Anyway, enough bellyaching. Hope everyone has a POP week and I'll try to post when I can.

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Kim........that is an awesome NSV. I bet that other teacher was just pissed.........which is sooo funny :)

Katie....yeah, DD is doing SOOO much better in school. This program she is in has boosted her confidence so much. She had a 3.7 GPA at the end of last year. She also earned enough credits to not only catch up, but skip an entire semester :) We are really proud of her:) Thanks for asking. Now, if I could chase all of the boys away.....I'd be perfectly content :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Kaite.........how's that new baby? And sis? Can you believe that this forum makes you wait at least 30 seconds between posts? That's dumb.

Joni135
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh Nicole....what a story you tell!! Sorry, but I really had to laugh because the visual you give is priceless. And here's what a good friend I am...the whole time I'm reading this, not only am I laughing, but I'm thinking, darn...good meal gone to waste! Did DH finish his meal???? I'm a cheap SOB, so I think I would call the stupid dentist and tell him exactly what happened and ask him what he plans to do about it....and then, I think I'd go on poop watch and try to retrieve it. As a mom of five, I'm sure you can handle the clean up...yes???

Hi Katie - thanks for checking in. Any new pics of the baby?

Kim - I love you 'blue jeans on Friday" attitude and your co-workers comment!

LittleBlueCat
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM

:wave: Hello everyone!

Joni - Got your message about Monday the 10th. I am being good... finally...

Nicole - Love the Duckie Blankie. But I couldn't find on the web site anything about the size of the blankie? Would it fit a 2-3 year old toddler? Do you make anything on request? I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty...

Kim #2 - That's a great NSV!! I'd take one like that any day :D

Deb - Hi skinny! Nice pics in profile!

Dan - WOW! Awesome lose!

Tina - I've been watching your ticker lately... sure is impressive!! I would LOVE to be in the 140s... Someday...

:wave: to Katie, Angie, Sherry, Jillian, Liz, Cassie, Pearl, Kristen... and who did I miss? ah... all the newer people... sorry...

Anyways, hope everyone will have a wonderful evening!
:hug:

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Nicole and Joni- The baby is wonderful. I call him Mr. Juju Beanie. My sis is doing great too.

Nicole- Wellllllll, I hate to break this to you, but your daughter is every bit as pretty as you are, so I am not seeing any break in the boys coming around. Sorry.

Kim- Oh, naughty, naughty, wearing jeans on a Wednesday. What a great compliment!

Repo girl
09-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey Nancy, good to see you!

Angie
09-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for missing me Katie and Nicole! I really missed all you guys too. I don't know what my problem was, but now I'm back! I think my time with the COD is running out in the next few weeks, so I'll probably continue on by myself, and with the help of everyone here.

I'm so sorry about your crown. Even if you did 'come across it' in the next day or so, I don't think I could ever put it back in my mouth! maybe if you boiled it for 2-3 days first...lol.

Hi to everyone!

Oh, I wanted to mention the name of Cameron's website, if you guys would like to see any of our pictures from this summer. Pics of me are few and far between, but there are lots of pics, stories and even a video of my little cutie. It'shttp://cricket.aboutmybaby.com

galachick
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone! Just dropping in for a quick hola! Went to WI yesterday and the scale is pretty much the same. Not too bad considering I had a couple of brownies over the Labor Day weekend.

I am getting back to plan, though. I had tilapia and green beans for supper with no sugar added apple sauce. It was actually pretty yummy.

Amylou - Your new AV is totally hot! I know you must be proud!

Nicole - Love the baby blankets... especially the frogs! And the crown story...OMG! I laughed so hard I almost peed in my pants!!! You are just to funny!

Liza - Mexico sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the pics.

Hope everyone is experiencing lots of NSVs and SVs! I am going to be working extra hard to try and drop on into the seventies. This hovering around 180-182 sucks! Maybe I need to try another TO!

Sorry I can't check in more often. I really miss hearing what's up with everyone. Work is just kicking my butt. And now DS has started playing Fall Baseball and there is a game every Tuesday and Thursday night for the next 6 weeks.

Have a great week!

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Nancy.......thanks for the heads up on my site.........I will PM you more details :)

Katie......you are too kind :)

Joni.....yeah, DH finished his meal. I tried......but it just wasn't the same :) I will be on the throne watching for my crown. I don't know exactly what I will do with it if I find it.......but I am totally creeped out about it, and need to make sure it comes out ok. So gross..........but yeah, as a mom of 5, I have done some pretty gross things :)

Ok, have to go.......it is lazy time.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi Renee.......we were posting at the same time :)

amylou7777
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
aww, thanks Renee and Deb!

Deb-your new pics are AMAZING! Is that the dress you found and hemmed? It looked fantastic on you. I bet the boys were lining up for a dance....aren't ego boosts the best?

Nicole-I say, dig it out, boil, lysol, boil and get it reattached. I mean honestly, I've dug through my dog's poo....you know you can handle it. Is it obvious that I'm a broke student? haha
Good luck and I'm sorry your beautiful dinner was ruined!

Hi Angie!!

Where's Liza? Lettie, are you out there?

bayoubelle68
09-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, guys, thanks for the well-wishes, but my WI didn't go as well as I had hoped. I didn't lose a single dad-gum ounce! But I'm happy that I didn't gain anything. We measured today though, and I was thrilled to learn that I've lost 34 inches! That's almost a yardstick! And I'm finally at the point where people at work are noticing, so that's a great boost.

amylou7777
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
34 inches?!?!?! HOLY COW! Felicia, that is AMAZING! It must really be showing now. Don't worry about that scale...you know it's coming soon! I am so excited for you!

dolphn545
09-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just poppin in to say hi. Hope everyone has a great POP day!!

Heather115
09-06-2007, 08:58 AM
The dental assistant said he would probably re-cement it for me for a temporary fix......but NOOOO, he wouldn't even do that. He gave me some lame *** excuse about how he is afraid that I might swallow it during the night or choke on it. GIVE ME A BREAK........I am not 3 years old.

Nicole - a really good motivator for retrieving the crown when it does pass is to safe face with the dentist. Heaven forbid you actually have to tell him you did indeed swallow the dumb thing! At least you didn't choke on it - like a 3 year old might have! :D

Dan2112
09-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Morning all!

Well.. It finally happened.. I hit 194.8 this morning.. I'm not going to call it "GOAL" until I'm able to hold it for a few days... Don't want to jinx it, right?

But I gotta admit, it's relief to finally be at this point.

Thanks to all of you for your constant support and motivation.. Without that and Liz's support most of all, I don't know how long this would have taken..

Thanks!!!

Heather115
09-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Morning all!

Well.. It finally happened.. I hit 194.8 this morning.. I'm not going to call it "GOAL" until I'm able to hold it for a few days... Don't want to jinx it, right?

Whoo hoo, Dan! That is spectacular! :bravo: I just commented on another thread that your new avatar is fabulous - just wish the pics were a bit larger so we can really see how handsome you are! Liz is a lucky gal! What an inspiration you are for her and all of us!

Mama Nicole
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Whooooo hooooooo Dan!!!!!

Mama Nicole
09-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Heather........believe me........he will never know what happened.......LOL. Besides, had he done his job, this would have never found it. I really don't think I will be going back to him anyway.......but if I have to...he will NEVER know.....LOL

Heather115
09-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't blame you a bit, Nicole! I'd do the same thing. Might be different if it was your old dentist that you had built a good relationship with over the years, but since you weren't too fond of the new guy anyway, this is a great time to scope out someone else. Good luck!

MTdebster921
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Dan-WOOHOO!!! :carrot::cp::cb:That is so awesome!!!

Nicole- My mom lost her crown a couple months ago. When she was at the dentist's, she jokingly asked if it was under warranty. He came back and told her that it shouldn't have come out like that and basically just charged her for the office visit and the lab work. I would agree that if you don't click with him, then I'd be looking for another dentist too.

Felicia- 34 inches is awesome!!!

Amylou- THANKS!! That was a different dress. I found this one after and fell in love with the way it fit. I did have to make a top for it becuase it was too low cut and there is no way I could have gone bra-less.

Nancy- Hi back at ya!!

Katie- Thanks. SIL was checking out the dress and the necklace I made when I got to the party and then she goes- Wow, you are so coordinated, the tat even matches your dress!!

Dawn & Katy- Thanks for the comments on my new pics.

Kim2- What a great NSV!! I'm sure you did look hawt in those jeans!!

Angie- Glad you are back. I see a lot of the regulars have gone MIA. How about we make a pact to get back to POP together. I haven't been to the COD in a couple of weeks either and haven't been on the sclae since I got back home. I need to get my rear in gear and get these last 15 or probably more like 20 lbs. off!!!
Sherry, Heather, Renee, Joni, Lauri:wave:.

I have made my menu out for a week and now I am making up my grocery list and then off to stock up the fridge. I haven't really gone since we got home almost 2 weeks ago, so this is going to be expensive!!

LizzyW
09-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Morning all,

Yes Dan has made it. I am so proud of him. He has worked really hard to get where he is. Harder than I have I guess because I am back to 170. I just keep flatlining. Everytime I lose a couple, I go back up and down. Very frustrating, but I am going to keep at it. What is really weird is that Dan can wear my jean shorts that are a little tight on me. How scary is that? LOL

No time for personals right now. But great new for everyone who has lost or maintained. For those of us who have gone up, we will keep fighting.

Liz

Mama Nicole
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh, Liz.......I LOVE your new avatar ;) You are adorable.

And Deb..........you are smokin'!!!! Love your dress on you. :)

Well.......I don't know if I am making myself sick, or if there is something going on with my crown and my intestines........but I have had a few episodes of cramping and being sick. No vomitting (Thank goodness), but not feeling all that well. I will wait for a while, but if I am not feeling better by 4 or so, I am going to call my MD. I really really really hope I am just making myself sick with worry. I called DH to give him the heads up incase he has to come home, and he is 2 hours away...........so who knows what will happen. Anyway.......cross your fingers for me :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
09-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Way to go Dan! Hope it sticks, but if it doesn't right away, it soon will.

Liz, I like your new avatar! I also am in the keep fighting mind set today.

Of course this is AFTER the big company sponsored fiscal year end dinner last night at the really great italian restaurant. 5 courses that they just put in front of you and waiters that refill your wine glass as soon as you take a sip!

Joni, I just read you describe TO = Torture Oneself. Seeing as I'm on day one of TO and they brought in lunch today, I was feeling that when I read that, but I laughed anyway. I see you broke into the 150's! Wow.... progress.

Nicole, I hope you are just imagining things and feel better already. I wonder how long the trip through the system it would be for that crown?

Deb, that dress really shows off the new figure! You look marvelous!

Somehow I always feel very much like TO is a pennance for diet cheating.

Jrny2aNewMe
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey all!:wave:

I've been MIA for a while, took some time off work to get some stuff done around home - painting, etc. Back at work yesterday and today, tried to post several times already but darn work keeps interfering:), then am off again to go to Spruce Meadows in Calgary for the Masters.

On this quick fly by though I have to say:

Dan - Congratulations! Woohoo!:bravo:

Felicia - 34 inches! absolutely amazing!!

Nicole - Hope you're feeling better and that it soon passes.

dolphn545
09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Dan - Congrats!! :dance: :dancer:

:wave: to everybody! :)

Joni135
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Dan - Congrats....you continue to be a great inspiration to all!!

Nicole - you aren't allowed to feel yucky...go get checked out!

LizW - love the new avatar. Don't feel bad...I think DH can fit into my shorts too (I know I can put his on and they stay up!).

Angie - Cam and the Bee video cracked me up!! Your little one is a cutie pie!

Barb - Hey, can you do a couple TO days for me please? I really need it!

Debster - since your grocery bill is going to be huge anyway, can you pick me up a couple box of Luna bars?

Bajachick3
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Katie ,Joni and all..yes where is Pearl????She was doing sooo well..Well Huntington Beach is about 1 hour north of San Diego....Short hop...I have not been checking in because I gained some wt. back..Not a good reason..Look at you all that have hung in there and continued to lose...I have gone back to fish and trying to curb wine,,,,,,thanks..nance

Bajachick3
09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Dan boy......you are skinney..you look great..I remember when you joined..we were all giddy about having a guy on line...congrats!! nance

Angie
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Deb -- Yes, I do need to make a pact with someone, I'm not so great at being accountable only to myself. I've been trying to get more stringent with my meal planning, but I've been making some sabotaging choices. Kinda like today, we have a pot luck day in my dept, and I brought a huge tray of carrots, cucumbers and grape tomatos...good job, right? Well, more of a good job if I'd eaten only that, and not the 8 ritz crackers and 4 (yes four!) scor bar square thingies someone brought in. Sigh. Checking in here does help keep things top of mind for me, so that will be my plan for now. I should also go back to posting daily menus.

Joni -- Thanks! Too bad in that video that you can't hear him better, but I thought that was cute.

lizababe
09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
There's so much to catch up on... I'm going to try to do some quick shout outs

First, I love ALL of the new avatars! You're all looking so great!

Dan, Felicia and Deb uber congrats to you!

Nicole - Please call your doctor. A crown is not an easy thing to go through all of the twists and turns of your intestine. Better safe than sorry (of course you're already feeling sorry from having it go through there in the first place!) I worked in my friend's dental practice for a while and you wouldn't be the first to swallow one. I'd definitely have something to say to the one who wouldn't re-cement it in there. In fact, I'd look into a small claims case to make sure they cover your MD expenses.

It's a busy week back to school for Mini-Me and work for me. Her 16th birthday is this weekend and being the procrastinator I am, I still don't have solid plans. It's not easy to find something unique and special for her but I've got my "people" all searching for ideas.

I got a bit sick at the beginning of the week. We had a terrible heatwave over the weekend and that was when I chose to do some heavy home makeover work. I was fine while working, but when I stopped got vertigo and it didn't go away until Yesterday. Now I've got a stiff neck and some hot/cold sweats but am better in general. Now for the good news is... sclae has gone down every day since I've been back from Mexico. Woo hoo! I'm going to visit COD tomorrow and see if they want to do an unofficial WI.

Hope I can get back on later to catch up some more! Hugs and POP thoughts to all of you!

Dan2112
09-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi gang..

Thanks for all the kudos. I really appreciate them and am actually a bit embarrassed by them.. :lol:

It's been quite a ride and I guess it ain't over yet... Just gotta keep plugging away..

And in case you were wondering.. No.. I don't make it a habit of wearing my wife's clothes!! :lol:

Liz is a trooper and while the yo-yoing has been very frustrating for her, I have to give her all the credit in the world for staying with the program. She's considering taking Taekwon Do classes at the same place the kids take theirs, so maybe that will jump start her a bit.. I'm also thinking she'd benefit from taking some PT from the guy who worked with me.. We'll see..

And yes.. She finally posted her pic as her AV.. Ain't she a beauty?

Thanks again all!

BarbaraB
09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Liza, I hope you feel a lot better already. What did you do to for your home makeover project? It is nice to see someone's sclae being kind.

Joni, If only we could get other people to diet for us! I think my DH would do it for me (based on how much he seems to like me thinner). I guess it is a fine line for a spouse, you have to notice the weight loss and be pleased, but not too pleased.... I believe my DH crossed that line into way too pleased.

zambejaly5
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
(shhhhh ...........just peeking in........) Nicole you crack me up! no word from you after 4. I am on the edge of my seat. Did you go to the Dr.?

I have been on too much of a roller coaster to even show up here. computer problems, way to much to go into with hubbys job. and no job for me. and have gained about 8 lbs since my COD closed.

miss you guys.

CandlePrincess
09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
well i've been absent for awhile....it's just been hard getting back on task. i haven't gained back any...but i'm not losing either. The COD is calling....and i just don't answer the phone....not sure what the next step is...but i'm hopefully not giving up!

MTdebster921
09-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Nicole- I will tell you a little humiliating swallowing story. I was making my maid of honor's dress for our wedding and while I was fitting it to her, I had a couple of sewing pins in my mouth. Well I ended up swallowing one. I wasn't going to worry about it and just went on with business like nothing happened. I told DH (DF at the time) about it and he called his sister who was a CNA at the time. She called me all freaked out and told me that I needed to get to the doctor right away. It was Friday night and so I went to the emergency room. The ER docs and nurses made me feel like an idiot to begin with, then they took x-rays to see where the pin was. Then I had to go to my doctor for a follow up. Went to the doctor on Tuesday and got more x-rays and got finger checked to make sure the pin didn't rupture anything (if ya know what I mean). Not a pleasant experience and definitely not something I every want to go through again. Did it break me of putting sewing pins in my mouth?.....nope.

So if you do have to go to the doctor, I hope that all they do is x-rays, but hopefully everything will work out ok.

MTdebster921
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Liz- LOVE the avatar. Glad to finally see you. You are so cute.

Dan- Big difference even between your second and 3rd pic. Now that Liz put her pic on her avatar, you should put a bigger pic of your avatar in your profile so we can see it better.

Nicole, Barb, Liza- thanks for the comments on the pic.

Joni- Yea sure, I'll get you 3! I spent $170 just on food and didn't get anything that wasn't on my list!!!! OUCH!!!

Angie- OK! Do you want to do a daily check-in with each other here and post daily menus in the menu thread?

Lettie- Good to see you. Sorry that life is still being rough to you. You know that you can come here and vent to all of us anytime right?!? We miss you when you are gone.

Heather- I'm sorry that you aren't losing. I know your life is crazy and that makes it hard to eat right all the time. I hope you figure out what is going to work for you. Kudos to you for not giving up!!!!

Mama Nicole
09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Alrighty Deb.........girl.......you are back. You know, when you hang around, you usually have great success :) I had to laugh at your pin story. I put pins in my mouth all the time too. Anyway......I started feeling better this afternoon, so I did not call the doc. I decided that if I haven't found the porcelin nugget by Friday afternoon, then I will call to see if my MD will order me an X-ray........and ONLY an X-ray......LOL. My sis asked her pharmacist (she is a tech), and that is where I get most of my medical advice......and he said it can take up to 72 hours to pass a foreign object......to be patient unless I was feeling ill. So......since I am feeling ok......I'm just gonna wait it out.

And Lettie.......I am happy to entertain you anytime......as long as you keep comming around :) We so miss you when you are gone.....and that goes for you too, Heather!!!!

Angie............your Cameron is SUCH a cutie!!! You are a way better mommy than me, cuz if I had seen those bees, I would have left poor Cam to fend for himself and hit the highway. I am a nutjob like that. Hate things that buzz.

Oh, there is so much more I want to say......but tiredness is kicking my butt.

I have been working on my bar wench oufit for Germany today. DH had to work late.....so I figured it would be a good time to start it. It is SO fun. I might have to make up a few costumes and put them on e-bay....tis the season you know :)

Ok, time for bed............hey, did any of you see that Evette was on Cassi's happy birthday thread? And WTF is up with Cassi?????? Girl......you better stop in soon!!!

Ok time for bed.......see you all tomorrow :)
XOXO

Kim0303
09-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Misses yesterday and took a long time to go through all the post!

Congratulations Dan!

Kim - Awesome compliment to get. Yeah it is a good thing no one in leadership heard him, i think we lost a teacher last year for a comment like that! Sad you can't compliment a co worker without it being sexual harrasment but then I don't know the whole story on the other teacher. Anyway, straying away - I know it had to make you feel great!!!

Heather what is up with the pig??? Miss your smiling face!

Nicole - I might have to search for that crown - they do cost as much as diamonds these days!!!! I definately would be looking for another dentist!

Got to run to bed. Catch up after WI tomorrow. The scale better MOVE!

Kim0303
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Deb, You look great in your dress!!!

Heather115
09-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Heather what is up with the pig??? Miss your smiling face!

I just thought she was a cute little piggy and since my scale refuses to budge lately, it seemed appropriate. ;) Seriously, I hated that head shot I was using. It was taken for work a year or so ago and the gal taking the pics just zoomed in way to close, I think. I'll see if I can't get someone here to take a current one of a bit more than my big, round face. :D

zambejaly5
09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Nicole. My husband just told me that his dad swalled his crown once. and he waited for it, found it, washed it and put it right back in...... it can be done. Save the $ for Germany!

DH got a job offer yesterday. It wasn't quite what we hoped for, and he wants to negotiate. It scares me. I don't want him to lose this offer. The last two offers were lost in negotiations. We can't lose this one.

As soon as he is locked into a job. I can focus on the eating thing again. Tuesday night starts a new Biggest Loser. Every season I say I am going to lose with them and then I just end up sitting on the couch watching them lose and me gain. This time I AM LOSING WITH THEM!!!!

That Wedding I was going to lose all the weight for is Oct 6. just a few weeks and since march I have lost 8 lbs instead of 60...... bummer. but I would like to try to lose about 10 before the wedding. that would be enough to make my face a little thinner for pictures. If I really could lose like they do on Biggest Loser I could drop like 30 before the wedding. wouldn't that be nice........how do they do that? better run. I will be so glad when we are in a routine of DH going to work and me getting done the things I need to do............

later all

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Lettie......much as I love spending time with my DH, I would be going crazy if he were home screwing my day up everyday. It can't be easy for you. And I hear you on not being about to concentrate on LAWL right now. It happens. You will be back, I have no doubt. It doesn't help when $$$ is tight either, grocery shopping for LAWL is not cheap. It is sooo much healthier than what we buy when the $$$ are few though, isn't it? Pretty soon, the swing will move in the upwards direction.....keep the faith :)

Heather.......remove the pig right now....unless you just love pigs. But, if it is there because you are down on yourself..........it has to go. That's all there is to it.

Where the **** is JM? And Lea Ann? And Cassi? And Kim(phin). And Kristen? And Pearl? You know, these ladies, along with Joni, and several others helped me lose my first 20 lbs........and I am soooo ready to lose my next 20. I took a long long break, but I am working hard now..........c'mon girls, come back and get busy!!!! Fall wardrobes await us :) And you know we fat girls love the fall wardrobe.........blacks, browns......bulky fabrics. We can really trick them then :) come back......come back.........LOL.

And what jhappened to Tammie and to Karen? After the baby quilt......you vanished. I did see a post not too long ago from Karen......but do tell us how your DD (gosh, I think it was your DD that is on bedrest) is.

Ok, there are soooo many others I want to call out....but can't think right now. As soon as I post, I will think of 5 of you, and then get all mad at myself. One day, I will make a list of all of you.......and then add to it so I can call you out when you don't come around. And then, if you still don't come around........I'll send Joni out for you :) And she is good.......just ask Pearl :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
well i've been absent for awhile....it's just been hard getting back on task. i haven't gained back any...but i'm not losing either. The COD is calling....and i just don't answer the phone....not sure what the next step is...but i'm hopefully not giving up!You are NOT giving up. Pick up the phone. You can do this :) We will all help you. One day at a time, girl :)
XOXO

Heather115
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Heather.......remove the pig right now....unless you just love pigs. But, if it is there because you are down on yourself..........it has to go. That's all there is to it.

Yes, ma'am. She was such a cute little piggy, but you're right. No negativity! Until I get a better pic of me, I'll use this dolphin picture I took at Panama City Beach this summer. This sweet guy came right up to the side of our pontoon boat and I just snapped away. You know how it is with a digital camera - you never know exactly what you're going to get because of the delay - but I was pretty tickled with this one.

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
:carrot::hug:Ahhhhhhh, much better Heather :):bravo::spin::dance::cheese:
(the cheese is just cuz I love cheese :) )
Awesome picture of the dolpins.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Is there some practical joke going on somewhere, and everyone left and went to a new forum?

bayoubelle68
09-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm here, Nicole! Checking in from school while my class is at PE.

I need some good thoughts and prayers, please. This morning, when I opened the door of my Expedition, there were two tree frogs in the crack of the door. I used a rake to get one of them out - I don't CARE if I scratched the paint, so don't ask - but the other one jumped inside the truck and slimed his way under the back seat.. I am profoundly batracophobic and have been known to hyperventillate and pass out from getting too close to frogs or lizards. I didn't have a choice. I threw the kids in and we had to go. I dropped off DD at daycare and went back out and cried all the way to school. I was just praying that it wouldn't get on me and make me have a wreck. To make matters worse, I picked up a bunch of crap from the old house yesterday and didn't have a chance to unload it, so there's stuff EVERYWHERE. I don't know how we will ever find it. I called DH and he said I was just being silly and to get over it. I can't believe he would say that since he's known me for 22 years and has actually seen me pass out after having a frog get on me. The intellectual part of my brain knows that it won't hurt me, but the hysterical part doesn't believe it.

Please pray (and I know this is an AWFUL thing to ask) that it will die in the heat inside the truck today. And I want WELL DONE - not just medium rare. I really don't need a lecture from the nature lovers today, please. I am terrified that I'm going to end up having a wreck while the kids are in the car.

LittleBlueCat
09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Felicia - That "well done" got me! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry... :lol3: You've got my prayer!

Dan2112
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Liz- LOVE the avatar. Glad to finally see you. You are so cute.

Dan- Big difference even between your second and 3rd pic. Now that Liz put her pic on her avatar, you should put a bigger pic of your avatar in your profile so we can see it better.

Ok.. done.. Click on my AV and you should get the bigger version..
I honestly don't think there's that much difference between the middle picture and the one on the right, but that may be the dress shirt I'm wearing. It's an XL and I'm down to L at this point. But I needed a nice shirt that day and I don't have any "tie-worthy" shirts that aren't XL or bigger.

Heather.. You simply can't give up.. You need guidence to get the scale pointed downward again.. One of the biggest advantages of having a COD is the accountability it gives us.. That's what Liz and I miss most about ours closing down. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to summon up all the courage you can and get back in there.

Don't be scared.. The counselors can smell fear!! :lol:

Seriously though.. All you're doing now by fretting over going in there is creating stress.. And what do most of us do when we stress? Well, speaking for me, I reach for the nearest bag or box of fried or baked starches!!

If they give you the "big lecture" about coming in and staying on plan, so what? It will last, what, about 20 minutes? Afterward, you'll leave with a huge monkey off your back.

Above all, you can't let this make you afraid to answer the phone..

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

BarbaraB
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Felicia, I just hope that you are not accosted by frogs on your way home! I feel the same way about snakes. Doesn't matter how small and harmless I can intellectually tell that they are, it is a SNAKE, and I must freak out. I can't imagine driving in a car with one. I'm glad my job is more forgiving about being gone... I would just have to call in to work and say, can't work due to snake in car.

Hi Nicole. I'm glad you weren't actually sick yesterday. I love cheese too. Day 2 of my TO. Cheeeeeeese... oh my gosh... I better go eat one of those grapefruits. Yes I eat the membrane and all! I figured I didn't gain weight due to grapefruit membranes.

Down 2 pounds this morning, so TO is working. I'll go to the COD tomorrow and see what they have to say to a maintainer who gained and then avoided going to see them. I still have a whole lot of lites that I already paid for, so I'm going back if only to collect my lites. Plus some counselors are truly helpful and encouraging. I hope I get one of those when I go back. I don't need a lecture. I lectured myself quite thoroughly already.

Kim #3 good luck with the WI

Princess Heather, I understand, having not been to the COD in 5 weeks myself that whole avoiding them thing.... but we both need to just suck it up and go back in. At least you didn't gain! I think I just need to get over the fear of them saying harsh things to me and go in. Perhaps they will be nice

Heather of dolphins and pigs, cute dolphin, I thought it was one of those standard pictures and didn't realize that it was one that you took yourself.

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey Nancy.....I sent you a PM the other day, but I am not sure if you got it. I noticed yesterday that my PM box was overfull and not working properly. If you dind't get it, let me know :)

And, if anyone else sent me a PM in the last few days, I probably didn't get it:)

slim n trim
09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Everyone, just popping in for a few minutes, thought I better say hi. Looks like there are lots of people MIA. Guess everyone is busy. Thanks for missing me Nicole - its not my dd that is on bedrest - I think it is Carrie's.

All is well with me. Have been pretty busy lately, and we were away for four days down in Whitefish. Also, kind of looking for new job, and catching up on lots of stuff at home in the meantime.

My scale is pretty much stuck. I have been yo yoing a lb all summer. I was going to lose the last three over the summer but instead, I gain one, lose it, gain it, lose it. So I am still trying to lose 3..... no now actually 4 lbs. I am working really hard this week to be pop, and next week i will as well. Then we go back to Whitefish for three days - dh in a golf tournament. After that weekend, things should settle down a bit and I hope to get into more of a routine with excercise and eating.

I agree with you Nicole - the fall clothes are out, and I want to do some shopping, but I am stuck between size 8 and 10, so, I want to lose the last few pounds so I can go to the 8.

Congrats to all of you who have been losing.

I will try to be a little more consistent with checking in here. You guys do keep me motivated, and I really need some motivation right now.

Have a great weekend everybody - take care.

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
You are right, I think it is Carrie's daughter. Check in if you have a second, Carrie ;)

slim n trim
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Nicole if I remember correctly, (and I could be wrong) I think that Carrie mentioned something about they were taking a little trip early Sept. Does that sound right, or am I confusing her with someone else.

Angie
09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
No time to catch up on personals...just a note for Deb.

Yes, I'm totally in. The only problem is that I'm leaving to go to the cottage tonight, and I won't be back until Monday morning. I don't have access to a computer there, so I can't post. I'll just pledge to be good, and Monday I'll have an official weigh in at the COD. CAn we go from there? I'm excited about it!

BarbaraB
09-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Nicole, I think Carrie went to San Francisco. Hope your dental trouble passes soon. :D

Karen, those last few pounds are the hardest ones to lose! I'm sure when your schedule settles down that you'll be able to do what is needed to banish them. Really, sometimes just maintaining is doing pretty good, and you maintained your loss (wish I had!). Oh well.. I am up about 3-4 pounds over goal... So I feel your pain (and the tightness of the size 8's). Just a few pounds really does make a difference.

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Nicole, I think Carrie went to San Francisco. Hope your dental trouble passes soon. :D

:rofl: I did end up putting a call in to my doctor's office. She said to wait until Monday........then if I still haven't found my little porcelin nugget, they will do an abdominal series of X-rays to make sure all is well :)

Ok, everyone.........have a very good weekend......and be good.........those who WI on Monday's are the most successful :)
XOXO

lizababe
09-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Hey Kids!

It's almost 1:30AM and now officially Mini Me's 16th Birthday! I'm just about to throw in the towel and go to bed. I stayed up to wrap her gifts, make a silly tiara with 16 sticking out of the top (which I'm going to make her wear ALL day everywhere we go) I made her cake (red velvet) but messed up the whipped cream - cream cheese - white chocolate frosting. Darnit. I overbeat the cream so I have to either start over again tomorrow or just buy a can of frosting and call it even. And speaking of cans.. I bought a dozen of them filled with silly string. That's how I plan to wake her up. I also will be handing them to random people who come into contact with her during the day... The checkout clerk, neighbors, friends.. maybe strangers on the street.

I've been POP for the most part since we got back from Mexico. The only off plan part was not eating enough during the extreme heat. It's cooled down now. For Mini Me's birthday I'm just gonna say it's the weekend and calories don't count. Not only is there that scrumptious red velvet cake, but she was saying a couple of weeks ago that she misses Popeye's Chicken that we used to have at our old house. So... I'm sending one of my neighbors on a journey tomorrow to pick that up.

Sunday night I'm back in the chopper to cover the first Chargers game of the season. I haven't been in there for a month at least so I'm excited. Should be a fun albeit busy weekend all around!

POP wishes to all of my loser friends!

bayoubelle68
09-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Morning, guys! I'm assuming the frog died in my truck. I'll have to clean it out this weekend to get the nasty thing out.

DH's birthday party is this evening. He'll be 40 on Tuesday. I've been cleaning and straightening things up. That's the good thing about having people over: it makes you clean! DH has gone for a 30-mile bike ride this morning. When he returns, I'm going to WI before going to run all of my party errands.

The party is at 4, but my parents and DH's mom, stepdad, and aunt are coming a little early. My mom wants to come and help with any last-minute things. My MIL always comes under the guise of coming to help, but I never get much help from her. I just really hope she doesn't bring her dog - ill-tempered little pomerarian that sheds like it's going bald. I mean, we found a new home for OUR dog because we knew he couldn't live in this house and we didn't have a fenced backyard, but the day after we moved, MIL showed up to see the house and brought her dog - even though DH had asked her not to!! I am still finding 8-inch-long hairs!! If you're going to take your dog to someone else's home, please brush her first!!! Since there will be 30 or so people here, I really don't think Princess needs to come! She tends to get upset when there are lots of people she doesn't know and she ends up yacking on the floor. I hope MIL uses some common sense on this one!! I am not an anti-dog person. Heck, until a month ago, we had a Weimaraner that lived inside. But I would never shown up at someone else's house with him!

Okay, enough of my rant. Chalk it up to exhaustion from my week at school and pre-party jitters!!

Have a great day!

amylou7777
09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
You poor thing Felicia! I can't imagine finding a frog in my car. We don't have too many out here, but I can imagine it was scary!! I'm glad you made it safely to work and home. Good luck finding the little guy...yuck! And I'm hoping MIL leaves Princess at home....it seems like people with little dogs just assume they are welcome everywhere! GOod luck with the party!

Nicole-I hope you find your golden nugget soon...

Dan-wow! your pictures are literally unbelievable. There is definitely a slight difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics, I see if in your face and shoulders...I'm glad you blew those up so we could all get inspired.

Liza- minime's 16th sounds like a lot of fun! Let us know how the day goes.

I think Carrie is in SF for the 49ers game this weekend...hope she is having fun!

I had a busy night last night, dinner function for an organization I am in...it was catered and a little difficult to eat on plan, just did the best I could.
I'm hoping to finally make it to w/i this morning before we head to a bday party. I'm hoping for one more lb gone despite TOM....I'll report back!

JLem311
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
hey everyone. just checking in quick. we made it to SD and are having a blast with the kids so far. julia and jagger keep getting bigger and bigger and smarter and smarter! growing like weeds on steroids, it seems.

i did however step on the scale this morning and i don't know if the scale is off or not, but it seems as if i've gotten past my plateau. the scale here showed me at 206.2! hopefully it's right and even if it's not, i know that i'll still show a loss when i get back! yay.

anyways, my parents just got here so i've gotta go. hope everyone is well. :)

Luckybustert
09-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone - Happy Saturday! It's been awhile since I've posted - took a short break from the program due to some problems with food allergies. Still having some issues, but not as bad as it was, and I have an appointment to see the allergy doctor on the 24th. It's cleared up a lot just by giving up the Luna bars and the diet soda, but not completely.

The COD put me on the Feel Full plan last week (# 4, no lites) and I think it's a bit higher in carbs than I'd like, but on the other hand the jeans are getting looser so I am happy about that!

I'll be travelling for work week after next, and am concerned about being able to stay on plan. Do any of you have any experience with/tips for doing LAWL while living out of a suitcase for a week?

equinetcan
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Happy Saturday!

I have been MIA for a few days because of work. In the last 3 days I have clocked in 39 hours and I will be back tomorrow for at least another 5 of overtime. Then right back to regular shift monday again with likely more OT if I want to do it. But I have been able to bank lots of time and most of it is at double time so I like that. After tomorrow I'll have 80.5 hrs banked and I am also paying out a bunch on top of that. It'll come in handy for when I move.

Looks like my mom is going to visit her family for xmas in BC so xmas will be a quiet one for me. Just me and hopefully the dog. Oh well, no biggie. Mom's brother hasn't been well and this might be the last xmas she can travel there as it is $1000 just in airfare for the round trip. So she might as well go while she can.

Not much else new with me...just plugging along. Not much can happen when all you do is work and come home and sleep!! Speaking of which...time for a light snack and then off to bed for me. It's almost 10 here and I have to be up tomorrow to go and see the furkid. I haven't seen her since tues because of wwork.

Have a good Sunday everybody!!!

bayoubelle68
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Good morning, all! Went to WI yesterday morning amidst all of my birthday party errands and had lost 2 pounds!

DH's birthday party was great! Everybody came and the food was wonderful (too wonderful, in fact). DH and I REALLY splurged for the first time since we started LAWL back in May. We had Cane's chicken fingers, chips and dips, and a huge veggie tray. I actually did eat more of the veggies than anything else, but I had my fair share of the rest of the food, too. The cake was the best/worst thing. I ordered a chocolate cake with strawberry filling, whipped chocolate frosting and fresh strawberries on top. It was absolutely gorgeous - one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen. I had a pretty good chunk just like everybody else. I unfortunately over-ordered and the cake was HUGE. I told the girl we were having 25 guests and she suggested a full sheet cake, so I said, "Sure!" When I went to pick it up and she brought it out to me, I asked, "Whose cake is that?" and she said, "Yours." I was stunned! We could have gotten away with a half-sheet! AFter everyone left, we cut a couple of pieces off for the kids and DH took the rest (nearly half the cake) to some friends who had come to the party but hadn't brought their kids. We had invited them, but they didn't come. They were happy to get the cake!

As with any party, it was fun, we ate too much, and we were relieved when everybody left!

Now we'll get back on the wagon and lose some more weight! The good thing is that this may knock DH off of his plateau!

Have a great day!

chiquita623
09-09-2007, 09:27 AM
:carrot: :carrot: Yea Felicia - you are creeping ever so close to two-topia!! Keep up the good work.

Good Morning everyone. I had to work this morning so thought I'd check in here real quick since I'm not too busy yet. Had a work function and tried to stay on plan last night. I slipped and ate a sliver of cheesecake but other than that I did OK I think. Course I drank about 12 glasses of water yesterday so maybe that will help.

Hope everyone has a nice, relaxing Sunday and is ready to hit their Monday with renewed energy.

amylou7777
09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Happy Sunday everyone!

Felicia-congrats on 2 more lbs and a great party! Sounds like fun to me. How much has DH lost so far?

I am sitting in the family room with all of the windows open as there is FINALLY a nice cool breeze running through the house. This is the first time the A/C has been off in long time and it feels good to let some fresh air in. I should be getting some homework done while the house is quiet, but I'm gettin some relaxin time in with Maverick, my dbd (dear bulldog).

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We were out and about all day yesterday at different get togethers and it was SO hard to be OP. I was so hungry all day bc there was just so little available at the parties. It's back on plan today hopefully since we don't have anything planned.

Have a good one guys!

bayoubelle68
09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Amy - he has lost SIXTY-FOUR pounds!!! I am so proud of him!!

lizababe
09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi again everyone!

Wow Felicia WTG for your DH! You're doing great too!!!!

Well, Mini-Me's 16th was a lot of fun. I had everyone nail her with silly string all day... even the mailman. She was pretty irked by the end of the night swearing revenge on me and reminding me she knows where I sleep. It was worth it :-)

I have to fly this afternoon after the football game and I'm excited. I haven't been in the chopper for a while so it should be fun.

Here's a couple pics and POP thoughts to everyone!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/lana_16th.jpg

No one was safe

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/lana_16th_buster.jpg

Please ignore those ugly wood paneling walls... that's part of the home makeover project. Sanding the walls and painting them. And new floors!
And now that I'm uploading pics... I'll show some of our Mexico trip later!

KrispieD
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Hello good friends

first off.. Nicole.. the Packers WON.. woooooohooooooooooo!!!!

it's been a busy few weeks getting the kids settled into a fall routine and more importantly ourselves back on track. Our anniversary was spent with me keeping girls away from daddy after his tooth extraction but I came home to a huge bouquet of flowers and sushi dinner. I woke up on my bday with the girls bringing me a rolled up scroll that said "happy bday, today is all about you.. be packed by 10:30am with walking shoes and dress for dinner"... he took the kids to school and surprised me with an overnight in wine country here at a lovely hotel with a trip to the spa included.. it was a wonderful and much needed break!
Since then we had a lot of social on our plate and I took two weeks 'off' plan to just enjoy.. starting this past Tuesday we have been hardcore on plan doing our own takeoff with no liquid fruits and carbs, limited dairy and no carbs either .. somewhat a south beach phase 1.. as we went UP on the scale but it was worth it.. this week I got off all I tacked on and am back to my goal with another week of on plan to hopefully get back to my lowest of 154.
Hope you are all doing well and now that we are back to 'normal' I'll be back visiting my favorite group of people. Look forward to all of us getting back on track.. I did go fall clothes shopping as last September I was 220lbs so needless nothing I had fit.. no motivation like seeing some pretty new things you want to make you pass on all those cheats

Love to you all!

Kim0303
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow this is a partying group. Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Been POP the last 3 days even at a cookout! Whoo hoo!!! Yeah!

It better show at WI tomorrow.
Got a drastic hair cut. Will have to change my avitar when I can get DH to take a picture. Work is going to be interesting. Ya gotta do a double take to tell if it is me it is so drastic for the people that know me. Oh well, it is hair. It will grow.

bayoubelle68
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Just got back from a Sunday School party. It was a Hawaiian Luau and I was asked to make an appetizer. Sticking with the theme, I "invented" a ham and pineapple dip that everyone raved over. It was just ham, crushed pineapple, and cream cheese. You really can't go wrong with a dip when you use cream cheese. I think you could make Dirt Dip and just stir together dirt and cream cheese and everybody would eat it! I think I did okay at the party. Isn't it okay to have 38 fats and 126 starches? Just kidding! DH and I both did okay and we are ready to get back on the wagon full-force tomorrow!!

Joni135
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Kristen - so good to see you...sounds like you had a fabulous bday and anniversary...and look at you, back on plan and dropping those fun pounds!

Liza - too funny about the silly string attacks on your DD!!

Felicia - dirt dip...LOL....Did you find Kermit???

Hey Allanah - you know what they say...all work and no play.....oh geez...I can't remember what they say!! Thanks for reminding me that Christmas is just a little over 3 months away...where does the time go?

Jillian - congrats on breaking the plateau....I knew you would. Enjoy your time with the kids!

Dan - great pictures....thanks for blowing them up so we can see them better. You have done a great job!!

Hi Nicole...are you really making a bar wench dress for Germany?? You've got to take a picture of that!

Lettie - so good to see you and I do hope the job comes through for DH.

Just a quick hello to everyone. I'm doing a unique self-challenge this week...starting today and to continue until next Sunday, I am not going to shop at all....I am not going to spend any money. I've got a full tank of gas and lots of stuff in the fridge and I'm hoping I can do this. In addition to my food addiction, I decided I had a shopping addiction so I told DH what my plan was. When I told him about this, I started by saying...I think I have a little problem with shopping too much...his comeback was "Ya Think??" He never says anything because it's my money I'm spending. So...1 day down; 6 more to go!

I'm going to PM Cassi - I didn't think our moderator was allowed to ignore us for so long!! Cassi - we miss you!

Mama Nicole
09-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes, Joni......I really am. I have the blouse and vest finished, just have to do the skirt. I will work on it tomorrow, as DH is leaving for Chicago in the am, and not comming home until tuesday. I will take pictures.....but not sure if I will post them here or not :) It depends on how naughty it turns out....LOL
XOXO

amylou7777
09-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi everybody! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Felicia- WOW?! I guess it's true that men really do lose almost twice as much as women sometimes. That is amazing. Your dip sounds good....not so sure about the dirt dip, but I know what you mean about that yummy cream cheese!

Nicole-I didn't see your original post about what you are making? A naughty costume? FUN!

Kristen-so good to hear from you! What a sweetie your DH is, that sounds like a great birthday! Good luck with your week of being OP! That social life thing really doesn't work well with LAWL!

Joni- I have tried that "no buying anything" challenge before. It is SO hard. I think I've made it 4 days but can't get past that. I was very worried that watching my diet would lead to huge credit card bills, but I've just combined my efforts and am also doing a money diet! I have a printout of my budget that I fill in throughout the month. I've yet to keep it within budget.....
GOOD LUCK!

Have a great night all!

KrispieD
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Money diet is a good one Amy.. it has been hard on the wallet.. I'm by no means a vanity shopper.. in fact I dreaded buying clothes before so actually seeing things I like and purchasing them can be a dangerous trap.. but I was facing cool weather without a stitch of clothing that fit.. now if I were Nicole I could wake up and make myself an instant pair of pants but alas I rely on retail. I'm also cutting myself off the stores as between the girls and myself the pocketbook has taken a big hit !!
We made our first weekend POP in a while.. in the midst of a testy 4 year old so we are proud of ourselves.. another week ahead of it.
talk to you all soon and have a great Monday!!