Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts - they are very much appreciated. I am in a tizzy - the clocks hands spun really fast and I didnt' nearly get enough done. Might pull an all nighter here and just sleep in the car on the way up.

I won't have access to the internet so I will catch up with you at the end of the week. to all. Don't forget to sing!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 AM   #17  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HUGS BACK TO YOU HAPPY AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP.

MY EYES ARE TERRIBLE. I'LL BE BACK SOON
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 AM   #18  
Smackin' into a Wall

Morning Ladies! Here I am all measured and weighed. It’s not a pretty sight but everyone has to start somewhere, right? My official challenge start is not until tomorrow but my Weight Watchers online week starts on Monday so I am going to “unofficially” start today. Here’s my plan:
Write down everything eaten. I’ll probably record them in WW online.
Drink at least 6 glasses of water
No sugar, no fried food.
Eat some veggies and fruits everyday
Complete 5 workouts a week – two of which incorporate weights.
5 Get Out of Jail Free cards that can be used for 1 drink or 1 dessert.

Mel~ Thank you for setting up the new thread. I love Spain. St Sebastian is apparently the centre of a new Spanish gastronomic renaissance, so hopefully we can avoid temptation! Good work on losing weight (whatever the amount). Hope your eyes repair quickly. Go rest!

Happy~ I’m so sorry to hear the news of your aunt. Take care as you make your journey. To all of your family.

Painter~ Do buy those oil supplies! How exciting!

Shad~ Have fun annoying your neighbours. You aren’t one of those people who are all energetic at 6:30 in the morning, are you? And welcome back to your work week.

Ruth~ This seems to be something in the air. Glad to hear that you are taking an art class as well. Veggie focus month sounds like a good idea. Fall is a time for a new beginnings. This can be all of ours.

Holly~ Hope the party was a good one. End of summer is sad but the cool fall nights are so nice.

Ceejay~Welcome back from your visit. Hope you have a low stress day at work today.

All this talk of art has made me promise myself that I will sign up for that drawing class I have been eying. I’ll do that tomorrow. I really need a hobby. I was sick yesterday and slept through most of the day - but I feel better today. One more day of lazy summer leisure and then back to work.

Here is the ugly truth:
weight 183
chest 41
waist 37
hips 45.5
thigh 25.5
bicep 14
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #19  

((Ruth)) How is Miss Lucy today??

I slept til 1pm Was up til 4am. Hubby got the kids brunch. It was such a good party. I counted 17 kids and then about 22 adults. The kids has so much fun. Lots of joyful noise. We had fireworks at 10pm. I served food after that. We roasted weenies and marshmallows all evening.
My sides hurt from laughing so much. It was a perfect mix of longtime friends and new friends. Nice way to end the summer. Kids and hubby are water sealing the back deck. I have some tidying to do and pencils and pencil crayons to find and sharpen for tomorrow. I am so sad the kids are going to school.
Need to do some laundry and plan supper. I may need another nap.

Feeling deeply happy.

oh...I am swearing off wine too. I managed not to over do it before 1am when the kids went to bed but went downhill between 1-4am. LOL!! my head is tender.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This is my newest clean eats for the month

Exercise=Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, gym= walk 30 minutes and weights 20 minutes
--------- Friday, Saturday, use pedometer to gain up to 2.0 miles. Rest on Sundays.
Food= fat grams=40 grams, fiber 30-35 grams
water between 48-64 oz
Weigh in on Monday.
Stay on schedule.

Measurements
Bust=43
waist=41
hips=44
I’ve lost some inches this month, yipee. Sure will be glad when I see the 30’s

Weighed this morning at 181.8

Happy--Have a safe trip.

Goodness we have a lot of artists. Paint away ladies.

Work was a little busy around 9.30 a.m to 1. p.m. The lights flickered here and knew that the phone would soon start ringing. 2 of the water guys also had to fix a water leak. Had one customer that went off the deep end about the wter being off in her area, where the leak was being fixed. Told her to call back and talk to Debbie.

Enjoythe holiday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
All these artists or artistes or whatever. I'll just plan and organise the gallery display so we can get some money for Christmas!!! Seriously, I think it is great that so many of us are so artistic in one way or another. Me, I can fix machines!! I've also shorn sheep and shod horses and I can knit, sew and crochet although I haven't done anything for a very long time. I used to sketch at one time but I was never very good. I envy those whose drawings I can recognise.

Happy - safe travels. And extra for the family. Not to mention DH who will be stiff and sore when he arrives after all that driving.

Mel - those poor eyes. What can we recommend apart from rest and de stressing. Sleep well, listen to an audio book or something rather than trying to watch tv and fathom out those deep and meaningful Korean silences.

Madcat - it is never a pretty sight when we first weigh and measure. But just visualise it at the end of the month when we get to do it all over again. We'll be inches less and weighing less as well. Just know it.
And yes, I am the annoying pest who wakes up all cheerful with the first sign of the sun and wear out during the day.
Get up and at it!!!!!!!! Coffee is a perkin'

Holly - so pleased you had a grand end of summer party. Sounds like it was fun. Now take to aspirin and repeat after me. 'That was the last time I get stuck into the wine for a whole month'
You must be one of the few mums who don't like the kids going back to school.

Ceejay - I forgot to measure myself at the beginning of the month. I'll try to remember to do it tonight. Good job on delegating the moaners to someone else.

I was wondering why I don't get advised of posts anymore, that is I was wondering until yesterday when I found that the ISP has decided they are spam and according has put them all in my spam folder. Such is life. I would never relegate you lot to the spam folder.

Anyway, the day being what it is and me having to go downstairs for some UAT testing/training stuff, I'd better get on with the job. I think I may have to take time out of the training/testing where it doesn't impact on me so I can get some work done.

Be seeing you. Apologies to anyone I haven't mentioned. Didn't see Ruth there anywhere did I?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #22  
Radiate self!

Default September 3

Happy-I'm so sorry about your Aunt. It was nice though that you got to share a recent conversation with her. Leaves some good memories in your head.

Ruth- Lucy will let you know but I hope she gets lots of good times with you before then. It is awful when our animal family gets unwell.

Mel-I'm sorry things are acting up again, I hope your eyes get their rest. Fabulous new thread you have started. Love it! You mean to tell me those paints of yours are STILL in the closet? You have to let your inner artist out!

Shad-Sounds like you got stuck in at home with the garden! Power tools and the hedge and waking up the neighbours to let them know you are home. Glad your trip back to the work site was a calm one. Is shearing sheep as tricky as it looks on television? Got to have some muscles to flip them about and keep the snippers going

Holly-Glad to hear you are deeply happy, if not a wee hung over Let this not be a mind link Kids back to school tomorrow here. Should be fun, back to the up and atom!

Madcat-nice goals, good luck with the hydrating. Have you tried those new Lipton tea-to-go packets that you can put in the water to jazz it up a bit? I liked the iced-tea one and the tangerine flavours. zero calories but helps to make the water go down

Ceejay-Congratulations on losing inches!! Doesn't it feel good to have the trousers a bit looser? One day that will be me Best of luck with your challenge goals, they look doable. The hardest part in making yourself a priority and thinking you are worth the 1/2 hour of sweat. That is my latest thoughts, I can take time for me.

PainterWoman-I painted a large white poppy the other day with left over house paint no excuses, prop up the canvas and blend those colours

I've been keeping up with the exercise. Biking, 30 minutes. Back into school full time, doing the kid stuff. Fingers crossed I don't let this renewed energy/exercise momentum slide.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Worldly Women!

Happy, safe trip and we'll see you when you return.

Madcat, I guess I should measure too. Maybe doing it in metric won't be as traumatic. I must say that my ticker is correct today after weeks of blipping.

Hollyhock, shall we do a five pound challenge? I'm aiming for 20 by January 1 which should be doable. That's not to say we won' drink wine when you visit! MEL, you poor eyes! Do get out the watercolours but don't strain your peepers. Maybe big paintings - use a housepaint brush.

Meadow, I love the though of a big white poppy in house paint! Yes, I'm sure Lucy will let me know when it's "time".

Ceejay, I'll bite. What the heck is Paragold - store, city, spa?

Shad, no Aussie trip in the future since the wedding (and maybe the relationship) is off for now. Lucy is blythely carrying on being a dog - "loyalty, power, grace and sense of humour" certainly sums it up. I've swithched my weeping to smiling.

Had a wonderful and completely relaxing time at the Hyper Pypers! I read, swam, chatted with Margo and her family and even got into my crappy old bathing suit and got into their pool. The Doggage had a wonderful time! Hershey would run around and then get into the pool, swim the circuit and hop out to carry on with dog stuff. Lucy was just fine! She chased cats and pigeons and tried to maintain her Portuguese "Land" Dog status by ignoring the pool. Margo finally gently carried her in and she did get in a few swims. We got home after dark last night and went straight to bed.

Delightful surprises this morning when I checked my phone messages. Dear Friend Claire and her husband have all the Fair schoolwork off the walls at the Hall and have it sorted and ready for return! That's a huge job that I did not get done last week with dog stuff. Claire also used her key when I was away and fixed my toilet tank. Like Shad, I know how to do this stuff but just didn't get at it on Saturday! I'm blessed to have such supportive friends.

Time to crank up the generator and get on with September. Hasta la vista.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Miss Ruth-Paragould is a city thatI grewup in and where my uncle's live.

Shad-I'm up and at it this morning, to work that is. Food is planned, going to the gym after work.

Holly--Glad you are in a happy mood. It must be the fall air.

Had to radio the light office to switch over the phone this morning. Those ladies get spoiled to an extra day off. The August reports are completed.

I've decided to weigh every day this week and do an average at the end of the weeks.

The weather men ar predicting rain by noon. I'll wait and see. The high today is 85. I do have a sinus headache this morning this is usually my prediction that the weather is changing.

Let's do it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Ceejay. I guess I could have googled it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #26  
Happy September

RUTH~ PARAGOULD IS NOT JUST A CITY SHE GREW UP IN BUT ONE I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO!! GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AND ALL IS WELL THIS WEEK SO FAR!! LOL

MADCAT~ NICE LIST FOR THE CHALLENGE!! GO MADDIE GO!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS!! I'LL BE THE PACE CAR AND WE'LL GO OUT RIDING TOGETHER THIS MONTH!! LET ME KNOW WHAT DAY IS GOOD

SHAD~ YES THESE ARE THE PAINTS FROM A FEW YEARS AGO AND I BUY MORE EVERY YEAR I AM AN AZZHOLE..WHAT CAN I SAY> HOPE YOUR WEEK AT WORK WILL BE A GOOD ONE.

CEEJAY~ TODAY NO ONE IN THE OFFICE WAS REALLY "HERE" MENTALLY! ROFLMAO NOT SURE WHEN ANYONE REMEMBERED TO TAKE OUR PHONE OFF THE ANS. MACHINE!!! LOL HAPPY TUESDAY!

MEADOW~ PEDAL YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT!! NOW THE KIDS ARE BACK FULL TIME YOU CAN PEDAL ALL DAY!! I'LL HEAD IN YOUR DIRECTION AND YOU HEAD IN MINE!! oh so lo me ow to you also....too funny!!!

HOLLY...GLAD THE PARTY WAS GOOD AND YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME. SUMMER IS TOO SOON OVER!!!

DID SOME OFFICE WORK THAT WILL LAST ME A MONTH!! MENTALLY THAT IS. I MUST REMIND THEM TO GET MY EXTRA CHECK READY. YOU WOULD THINK BY NOW THEY COULD DO THIS THEMSELVES!! JOHN WAS MORE THAN GRATEFUL FOR THE HELP LAST WEEK. FUNNY WE ARE GETTING CLOSER.....WHEN HE FIRST CAME HERE ALL WE DID WAS OPPOSE EACH OTHER. EYES ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER DAY. LET US PRAY!! THE WEATHER HERE IS GORGEOUS BUT SINUSSY. IS THAT A WORD? LOL
I EVEN GOT FOOD SHOPPING DONE.
DID I SAY JEN HAS A CAT? BLACK AND WHITE WITH A HITLER MUSTACHE. CUTE AS THE DICKENS. THE FIL WAS GOING TO THROW HIM OUT AND LEAVE HIM BEHIND...JEN WENT OUT AND CAUGHT HIM AND BROUGHT HIM HOME CRYING.....JEN NOT THE CAT. THE AZZ OF A CAT SWALLOWED A NEEDLE AND THREAD. THE THREAD WAS WRAPPED AROUND HIS TONGUE SO TIGHT THE KIDS COULDN'T GET IT OFF SO THEY RUSHED HIM TO THE VETS AND HIS TONGUE WAS TURNING BLUE,,,,THE CAT'S NOT THE VET'S . THANK GOD CAUSE THE VET PULLED THE THREAD AND GOT THE NEEDLE OUT!!! BUT KITTY HAD TO STAY OVERNIGHT FOR OBSERVATION. COST OVER $200....LIKE WE HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY!!! THE BIRD ONLY COSTS MONEY FOR FOOD!!! I TOLD MY GRANDSON HE IS HOMELESS NOW!! HE CERTAINLY CAN'T GO AND LIVE WITH JEN. HE SEEMED RELIEVED AFTER OUR TALK I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME HE FLEW TO HER LIKE HE WANTED TO EVEN GO HOME!! IT'S MUCH QUIETER HERE ANYWAY. NO NASTY FOOTBALL REFEREES BLOWING THOSE DANG WHISTLES THAT SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF HIM FOR SOME REASON. GOOD THING WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND WE'RE BOTH CONTENT TO SHARE THE APARTMENT!
OK RAMBLED ON FOR LONG ENOUGH. THINKING OF HAVING A DAY TO MYSELF TOMORROW. WE'LL SEE.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-04-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #27  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well the days are flying past in a bit of a blur. The project is ramping up. The Change manager is desparate to get some more Tech writer/ Trainers and has come up with a name! Guess who.... yep Mel got it in one TFG. She asked for references. I was very restrained. She's desparate for trainers however when I mentioned my rooster again she tells me he hasn't enough experience. Like that mattered with my other two. Okay enough whinge about the job.

The good weather didn't last too long. We're in for another wet spell. Then fine on Friday and back to rain over the weekend. Wouldn't ya just know it. I was hoping to go out to Araluen one day of the weekend. Tulips are out down there and are reported to be a grand sight. I'll have to work one day of the weekend. So I'll have to gamble on the weather. The rental agency is to do an inspection of the apartment tomorrow. Tonight will be finishing off the housework and no doubt whinging about it as well.

Ruth, glad you had a great time at the Pypers. Fancy having to carry a 'water' dog into the water. I had a land dog (Shad was Kelpie/ Shepherd, herded sheep, cattle, chickens, geese (who wouldn't cooperate) and people) but he would have loved being a boatie dog. Gunbo was a pedigree Shepherd and he had too much style (his attitude not mine) to do more than paddle out, retrieve half a dozen sticks at a time and paddle back. Then look at me as if daring me to do it again. They all have their funny ways and personalities. Gotta love Claire and Doug. Please say hello to them from me. Friends such as those two are worth their weight in gold.

Ceejay, good on you for being up and at it and doing that exercise. Keep it up.

Mel - get on their back and demand the check. I mean to say they expect you to leap to it as soon as they call, but they take their time to pay you. Not on. Poor Jen, poor little kitten. Some people are so crass to animals. Tell Jen I love her, she's such a generous soul.

Anyway, gotta go and get on with the day. I'm about to become Madame Lash with the troops. After all if I have to get it in the neck, then so do they.

Hey, we have your President in Sydney at the moment. The Sydneysiders are not all that excited about that. I guess you will get to hear all about his visit on your news broadcasts.

Last edited by Shad; 09-05-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #28  

My first day of clean eating went well. I did not eat cheese, salty snacks or sweets and I did sit ups and yoga. I really wanted to snack last night.
Kalan was on Idol last night. I watched it at 2 different time zones. Made my whole month!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #29  
Happy September

HOLLY~ CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST DAY!!

SHAD~ I HAD A FEELING WHEN WE WROTE LAST THAT THIS WAS COMING WITH THE TFG!! CALL ME A WITCH BUT WHEN YOU SAID THEY WANTED PEOPLE I COULD SEE IT IN THE CARDS OF COURSE EASY FOR ME TO BE LAUGHING!!! WE WOULDN'T MIND A BIT IF YOU KEPT BUSHIE OVER THERE FOR AWHILE LONGER!! OR MAYBE FED HIM TO THE CROCS. TAKE HIM TO GROOTE AND LEAVE HIM. HOPE THE JOB GOES WELL! I WILL PASS YOUR MESSAGE ON TO JEN.

I WOKE UP FEELIING TIRED SO I LEFT THE PHONE OFF. TAKING THE DAY FOR MYSELF. I WENT TO SEE THE CAT FOR MYSELF AND MAKE SURE HE'S OK. JUST FROM A DISTANCE MIND YOU, DON'T NEED ANYMORE EYE IRRITANTS! HE IS SO ADORABLE. YOU PICK HIM UP AND HE'S LIKE A SACK OF POTATOES. LIMP AND SOOOO CALM. I THINK THEY FEED HIM DRUGS. I HAVE SEEN LAID BACK CATS BEFORE BUT NEVER ONE LIKE THIS. NO WONDER JEN WAS SO UPSET. HE COULD NEVER FEND FOR HIMSELF OUT THERE IN THE REAL WORLD....HE'S TOO STUPID
I AM OFF FOR SOME BREAKFAST, SHOWER, CLEAN NIGHTIE AND REST UP.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY

WAVING AT MISS HAPPY EVEN IF I KNOW YOU'RE NOT RIGHT ABOVE ME!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #30  
Happy September

and by the way.....WHERE IS MISS CARLA....THE QUEEN OF CLEAN???? ISN'T THIS HER CHALLENGE????
JUST ASKIN' MISS CARLA