PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #1  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Smile September Weightloss with PCOS/IR

Welcome to the September Weightloss Thread. Are you trying to lose weight with IR or PCOS? Trying to lose weight in general? Join in here for discussions about plans, successes, frustrations, etc!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  

Well, I am starting September down 2.5lbs. Woo... hoo.. Finally the scale maybe moving in the right direction. My goals for the month of September are to get back to the gym and to work on limiting artificial sweetners in my diet. My first focus for artifical sweetners is eliminating diet pop.

Anyone else have any goals for September?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Hello! My goals for September are to continue with the personal trainer & also add more cardio to my week. I am also going to continue to try to get enough meals in in a day (working on the whole 5-6 small meals a day thing but finding it hard to eat that often) & also keeping my fingers crossed the change in my dose of metformin will mean I finally start to see the scale go down.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 339.5/329/180

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation I Am Going To Do This This Time

It is 4 am right now and I am awake because I just had another one of my very scary night pisodes (which I think are being caused by sleep apnea) I HAVE to lose weight, or I am going to die! I can not give up on myself this time! I am going to do a combination of things: weight watchers with the south beach diet, and I am also going to record daily calories consumed and exercise on a computer program called diet power (not to mention coming here and telling you ladies also; so I am accountable) I just can not live at this weight any longer!
NDupler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #5  

Lifeguard: Sounds like some good goals for September. I hope that by the end of the month you will see a positive move in the scale! I too find it hard to eat that often when I am running around, but, it is funny because on the days that I do eat throughout the day, the scale will go down the next day more often than not. It is just a pain when life is busy.

NDupler: Scarey night episodes? Those do not sound good at all. I hope that you can avoid those soon. Your plan sounds interesting. I hope that at the end of the month you will see some real results!

Everyone else: Come on back...summer is over and time to get ready for the holidays! Crazy as it seems but American Thanksgiving is less than 3 months away!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Me, I overate yesterday but I only pretty much ate at the party. I think I had a banana at home and that was it. I definately ate my calories for the day though!

On to the rest of the week!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDupler View Post
It is 4 am right now and I am awake because I just had another one of my very scary night pisodes (which I think are being caused by sleep apnea) I HAVE to lose weight, or I am going to die! I can not give up on myself this time! I am going to do a combination of things: weight watchers with the south beach diet, and I am also going to record daily calories consumed and exercise on a computer program called diet power (not to mention coming here and telling you ladies also; so I am accountable) I just can not live at this weight any longer!
Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea ?? If not and you think you have it you NEED to get a sleep study done and get on a Cpap. I had severe sleep apnea - 80 - 90 episodes per hour - which is more than one per minute !! I was prescribed a Cpap and although it was difficult to get used to it - it quite literally saved my ***. I was falling asleep at the wheel - while on the phone, on the toilet etc. Sleep apnea causes heart and lung issues if left untreated. PLEASE get this checked out. Once I got used to the Cpap I looked forward to going to bed and strapping that puppy on - because I knew I would get a good nights sleep. Now - with the weight loss I don't need it anymore. I believe they say that even a 10% weight loss can greatly improve apnea.

I know the night episodes are scary - I had them - waking up gasping - heart pounding - its the adreniline kicking in because you stopped breathing. Get it checked out right away.

Last edited by witchyonadiet; 09-04-2007 at 10:21 PM.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #7  

My goal for September is to continue to lose weight and to walk every night (and get hubby to go too!).

Ndupler: Please see your doctor. My husband last year thought he was run down and had a cold. He had taken a vacation week to rest at home.(the previous week he did double duty his morning show and then broadcast the rodeo every afternoon putting in 15 hour days) He spent the whole week in bed and not feeling any better. On Sunday he finally asked me to take him to a walk in clinic. I knew he was sick. I did and they came out to the lobby and told me he is blue, either you take him right now to the hospital or we call the ambulance. After they put him on oxygen that evening he was feeling better. The next morning a doctor called me at 4:30 and told me to get to ICU, my husband had coded several times that night and they wanted to trach him.(which would of been horrible since his voice is his tool of the trade) Just before I got to the hospital another doctor came in and discovered that my husband probably had sleep apena and they were going to wait before doing the trach. He spent a week in ICU. They sent him home on only oxygen. He had a sleep study done a month later and he has severe sleep apena. Although it took some doing he did see the benefit of using his mask and does get a good night sleep. Sleep apena can be deadly please call your doctor.

Lifeguard: I have diabetes and I have been working on the 6 small meals a day. It has really worked for me. I noticed my blood sugars are lower in the mornings if I eat a snack around 9pm. It does take more work and you sometimes have to eat even when you are not hungry.

irisheyes: Great on your loss!! I weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping for a 5lb loss this first week. Depends on if the scale likes me in the morning or not. Funny thing..If I wait until after I shower..I weigh less!

Born2shop: I had undx'ed PCOS for many years. I had a hystro at 30... I wished I knew then what I know now! I also thought it couldn't happen to me. I now have high blood pressure and diabetes. Some have a hard time with metformin. Have you been to the doc about your PCOS and do you have any plans for meds? I really resisted meds but now I have adjusted to taking them they actually have made me feel better. I am on 2 other diabetic meds.

A little about me. I have lost weight sucessfully well..the first 50lbs and for some reason I do something stupid like quit smoking..actually that was smart. I gained all the 50 back plus a few friends. I have messed around in denial for the last 2 years blaming the quitting smoking. NOW is the time for me to get my act together. I have decided to come here to help me with my journey by finding friends that have been there. I am actually doing a modified Weight Watchers plan but instead of points I am counting calories. I am looking into Weight Loss Surgery but would rather do this the right way. I have my paperwork filled out for my insurance company but I have to wait 6 months and be on a doctor's supervised WL program. They basically said do whatever you want. My goal is to lose 50lbs within the 6 months which is doable. With the 50lbs loss I will be close to 200lbs. I am not sure if they will do the surgery. If I could ever get into onederland and I have been close 4times in the last 15 years... I probably would continue to lose it on my own. I do have a Y membership that my husband's employer gives us. I have worked out tehre in the past. They now have a reasonable personal trainer which after I lose 25lbs, I might spring for a couple of sessions. RIght now I am just walking mainly because I enjoy working out in the outdoors and I can drag my hubby along. (he needs to lose weight and I am trying to help him too)

Lisa
Wyoming
Who came out of the lurking mode.
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #8  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Cool My goal is ...

Hey everyone! Well, I don't have a goal for September except to just lose weight but I have decided to keep track of the calories I burn at the gym. I know during the day we burn calories when we walk and gain when we eat but I just want to keep track of what is burned at the gym. So, I made yet another tracker and decided hmmmm ... lets see how long it will take me to get to 50,000 calories burned. Sounds like a lot I know but hey, I want to aim for the goal and see where I am at once I hit that goal.

I found a new gym that I am going to start going to. There is a 24 hour fitness closer to my house (smaller) yet nicer and not in the ghetto. And I dont feel uncomfortable because in my old gym the cardio and weights were all in the same area but here the cardio machines are in their own separate room ... I really like that! So, I have found a gym I like and a big goal I want to meet no matter how long it takes me .... I just hope I can find the strength in me to do this.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #9  

How is everyone doing on their goals?

Me, I haven't been to the gym yet. Things have continued to be crazy this month at work at finding time is at a premium. I should be working right now but I need a break.

Hope that others are doing well on their goals and weightloss!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/207.2/115

Height: 5 feet

My goal is to stay consistent with exercise! Its a big challenge for me!
eander5696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/183/150

Height: 5'4

Default Starting eating right today

Well today I started my low carb low sugar eating plan. Due to my arthritis I will start my exercise plan with water aerobic 3 times a week. I would love to add yoga 2 times a week...not sure if my knees can handle that yet, but I will try nevertheless.

I'm new to the site and was wondering how do I get the weight monitor to add at the bottom of my post like everyone else?

Thank you!
lfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #12  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hey all!!!

Well, TOM is here and is killing me! Still going up and down on my weight *bleh*

In other news, the boyfriend and I have planned to take a trip to Disneyland. So I have another reason why I need to lose this weight. A big fear of mine is that I am going to get on a ride and I am going to be too big and get kicked off. (It happened to me once before and it was sooo embarassing) So, I would like to go on this trip weighing at least 190lbs. *crosses fingers*

I still need help as to how I can keep this weight off. I am supposed to work off more calories then what I am eating, right??? *sigh* I guess you can say I am getting frustrated and I just want to finally get to onderland. Its sooooo close but yet sooo far I literally feel like I have to live at the gym in order to lose at least 2lbs. Gosh!!! Ok, well my next weigh in is on Monday morning ... I hope that I have surpassed this plateau!
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #13  

Well this month will be a bust. I have gained 11 lbs in 17 days. I have the same pesky back pain that I had last september when my weight creeped up 6lbs per month for three months. I have an ultrasound this week to see if it is a cyst.