LA Weight Loss - VOLUMETRICS - September '07

View Full Version : VOLUMETRICS - September '07

meowee
09-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Welcome . . . :welcome2: . . . Thought we should have a new start for a new month . . . Hope this will become one of your favourite places at 3FC . . .

VOLUMETRICS is not new, it just hasn't been making as big a splash in the weight loss community as some of the better known plans. A recent article in Newsweek has been bringing a little more attention. If you haven't yet seen the article, here is a link . . . http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17537369/ . . . I first discovered Volumetrics about a year ago thanks to this review on 3FC . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...s_Eating_Plan/ . . . After reading this review I went and bought both of the books and decided the Principles of Volumetrics was something I could live with . . . forever.

VOLUMETRICS explains how to FEEL FULL ON FEWER CALORIES . . . and let's face it, most of us don't stick with something very long, if we feel totally deprived all the time. The guiding principle is to get the 'highest volume of food at the lowest cost in calories' by choosing foods with a lower ED (Energy Density). BTW, 3FC has a data-base of over 7000 foods . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ . . . and is one of the few that includes the ED for all the items.

What foods have a lower ED? Basically, those that contain the highest water and fibre contents . . . for example; we all know that grapes and raisins start out as the same fruit, right? Raisins simply have had the water content removed. Did you know that 1/4 cup of raisins contains about 100 calories? More importantly . . . did you know that you can eat almost 2 full cups of grapes for the same 100 calories! I know which would make me feel fuller and stay fuller for longer . . . how about you?

Anyway, enough of my blathering for now . . . Please come and join our little discussion group as we help each other make our way along the long and winding road to better health and fitness the VOLUMETRICS way . . . hope to see you all soon . . . :grouphug:

gailr42
09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Happy September 1, everyone!

meowee
09-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Good Morning, Chickies . . . :grouphug:

It's a beautifully sunny and cool morning -- just the kind of weather I love -- hope it continues for a long, long time.

Nothing else too exciting around here . . . definitely getting myself back on track is my highest priority for this month . . . planning two BIG salads daily to keep those ED's and calories low. My weight is currently three pounds higher than my ticker (August was not one of my better months :o ) and I definitely want to correct that and get some movement in the easterly direction as well -- my ticker does not 'go west'. :p

Well, got to get myself moving and shaking :carrot:. Things to do and places to go on this gorgeous day. Hope you are all having a great and 'labourless' Labour Day Weekend, gang . . . see you all soon . . . :wave:

bobbigene
09-03-2007, 08:14 AM
I agree with you, my ticker only moves one way or it doesn't move at all!

Got back last night from my visit with my friend the fabulous cook. I didn't do tooo awfully bad - gained 2 pounds I think. And I ate like a pig, I'll admit it. OD'd on protein I think -- beer can chicken one night, big old steaks yesterday, baked potato and really good bread (did I mention she makes bread too - and not in a breadmaker machine). It was worth gaining back a pound or two. I'll be extra good this week and maybe drop what I gained.

:carrot: Supposed to be really stormy today in Gulf Coast Texas so I guess I'll do one of my new exercise tapes, clean the house and do the laundry. Back to work tomorrow! :carrot:

gailr42
09-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Probably some of the weight gain is water. Try drinking lots of water to flush out the retained water. I don't know if there is any science behind this idea, but it seems to me that it helps.

Sounds like you had a good time.

meowee
09-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

There is definitely science behind that . . . the more water you drink, the more water your system is willing to part with for some reason . . . also works the other way, of course . . . the less water you drink the more your system will retain becaus it's afraid it won't have enough to keep your blood volume at acceptable levels.

Another gorgeous day here -- more seasonal temperatures; low humidity; lots of sunshine -- a really great day for a holiday. Hope everybody else has a great Labour Day, too.

Later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-03-2007, 06:13 PM
When I went to visit my DS and DIL, a couple of weeks ago, I ate too much. I also had a long, long day going home on the plane because I fly standby. I figured that I would be full of water from eating and sitting, so I made a real effort to drink on the way back. I took an empty water bottle through security, filled it right away and kept filling it, and drinking water when offered on the plane. I only had a couple of cups of coffee, because I usually over-do on that when I travel, too. Anyway, when I weighed myself the morning after I got home, I was exactly the same weight as I was when I left a few days earlier. I attribute this to water drinking. More than you probably wanted to know about me and water :lol:.

meowee
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Good Morning . . . another beautiful day . . . and I've got things to do and places to go . . . See you all later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-05-2007, 12:03 AM
DH brought home a sack full of tamales made by his Mexican friend. Doggone it if I didn't eat one. It just sort of fell into my mouth. :lol: It was small, but as far as I know, tamales are pretty much lard with a little meat and corn meal thrown in. Nuts. I need to be more vigilant. Since I am not starving to death on my food plan, I seem to think I can eat anything I want - I know, there's no logic here.

Tomorrow is another day and we are going after PEARS! I did so well on the "peach diet" that I decided to try the "pear diet". Also going to Trader Joe's.

meowee
09-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Clock says it's morning . . . :coffee: is badly needed. Actually more sleep is badly needed, but the :coffee: will have to do, for now.

Hope the new 'pear-diet' works out for you GAIL. I'm not fond of pears (as compared to my love of other fruits) but will have to get a few since they are plentiful right now.

Hope the day is good for everybody . . . see you later. :grouphug:

bobbigene
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
So did you get a couple bushels of pears? What variety are they? I love pears.

Meowee, I like the cat picture. Is that one of the kitties that kept unrolling the t-paper?

meowee
09-05-2007, 09:32 PM
No pears for me -- yet -- bet Gail got enough for all of us, though. :lol:

That's Purrecious, she's about 18 months old and is the one who is teaching the kittens lots of bad tricks, but they figured out the toilet-paper thing all by themselves. Her biggest contribution (so far) has been teaching them how to open all the kitchen cupboard doors.

It was such a nice picture -- love the orange eyes -- she reminds me of a 'real' version of the cartoon cat that was there before . . . maybe she modelled for the cartoon in a former life. :shrug:

Well . . . I'm on the way to bed . . . think it's the only way I'm going to warm up. We hit a high of only 16C / 61 F today and with only minimal sunshine. Fall is definitely in the air. Hope it's a little warmer tomorrow.

Night . . . :wave

meowee
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Unfortunately I was up very early again . . . don't know why. At least it is a better looking day -- nice and sunny and a little warmer -- thank goodness.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
We got lots of pears and some more peaches at the fruit place. At the grocery we bought cantaloupe and grapes. We went to a new "SuperWal-mart" and to Trader Joe's. I bought a few things that I noticed people recommend on here. If I like any of it, I will report.

For dinner we stopped at Sizzler. I had the salad bar. I indulged with about 1.5 T of blue cheese dressing on my giant salad. I also had about 1/2 cup of soft serve ice cream over a bowl of fresh strawberries.

DH and I figured out that so far this year, between us, we have consumed 60 lbs of peaches!!! Dang, that's a lot of peaches!

I have to say that I feel very fortunate to be able to afford to run all over the country side to buy fruit and special treats for my diet. I hear folks complain that dieting is expensive. I think you can probably diet on a tight budget, but I'm sure it isn't easy or so enjoyable.

bobbigene
09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I sure would like to have a day or two with highs in the 60s! We're still hitting the 90s in Texas. It won't cool down here until Thanksgiving - if then!

I'm being good this week and watching my calories and energy density counts. I'm hoping that my weigh in this weekend will reflect that!

gailr42
09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I have actually weighed a pound less yesterday and today, but you can bet that the pound will be back tomorrow for my weigh in :lol:

meowee
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Happy Friday . . . :grouphug:

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier?

OMG, GAIL . . . that is the story of my life, too. So maddening. :mad:

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow. :wave:

gailr42
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Yep, that ol' pound is back.

I keep forgetting to mention the pretty cat. Is that what you call a dilute calico - the sort of pastel coloring? I really like that.

Our little siamese mix kitties (aka semi-mese) have cute little faces with pale stripes on the blond fur. The forehead stripes make them look worried.

There is a lady over on the over fifty place that calls the cats "Khats". I was thinking that I should call Roger "Khatdemandu". :lol:

meowee
09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Yep, "Purrecious" is a dilute calico -- sort of charcoal and peanut-butter-tan colours with white instead of the more usual black and rust. I've seen them even more dilute -- pale grey and cream with white -- never had one like that, but I did have a pair of the real black and rust ones about 15 years ago. I have a weakness for calico cats. Maybe because I'm a quilter. :shrug:

It's Zoe that calls them khats -- it's cute -- "Khatdemandu" is a really cute name, too. If I had a semi-mese, think I'd call it "Mingeow". Believe me, after all the trouble I've had with these purebred Bengals, I don't think I ever want another supposedly perfect, pedigreed, pussy. The cross-breeds are so much easier (IMHO, anyway).

Maybe that's part of my weakness for the calicos -- it's impossible to get a pure-bred since there are no calico males -- they have to breed the female to a plain black, white, grey, or something male.

gailr42
09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Hybrid vigor is always good. I changed my avatar to a pic of Simon and Missy.

meowee
09-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Very sweet . . . you can definitely see the vigourous "tabby" blood in there. I very seldom seem to get mine all together for one picture -- sometimes the kittens are together if they are sleeping.

bobbigene
09-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Good morning all! Just thought I'd stop in to say hi.

Have any of your calicos had extra toes? I had a calico years ago with 6 toes one each front foot. Wasn't supposed to have pets in the apartment so my roommate and I named her Clandestine, Clandy for short. She was a sweet girl and I got custody when the roommate moved out. She only lived 4 years tho due to an enlarged heart. I was working with lots of cat people at the time and they all came to my house with many bottles of wine and we had an Irish wake for the cat. I have Siamese now - a lilac point and a flame point. I think lilac is approved for show, the red one could compete in the misc color point category. They aren't show cats by any stretch of the imagination, just good old house pets.

Almost forgot! No weight change this week so won't be changing the ticker. I'll try again next week!

gailr42
09-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Your cat was polydactylous. That means she had more than the usual number of digits. :lol:

It is sad when they don't live out their normal life span. My last cat got skin cancer on his nose. The cancer grew inside of his face and I finally had to have him put down. He was about nine years old. He was my all-time favorite cat ever. I still think about him every day.

I am back to 153lbs again today. Seems like I always go up a pound for weigh-in.

meowee
09-08-2007, 10:30 AM

A little tongue in cheek :thanks: for everybody West of me (pretty much takes care of all of you) for sending this hot and sticky weather my way again.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds across the road. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down. :(

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . had my breakfast of protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I :love: blueberries.

Bobbi . . . None of my cats have had any extra toes -- although that is quite common here in the fishing villages of the east coast -- for some reason -- maybe more toes makes them better at fishing? :shrug:. Certainly sorry to hear that poor little Clandy had such a short life. :(

Gail . . . My good news for this morning was that I'm only 1 pound over my ticker weight . . . boy would I ever like to be below 228 by Wednesday . . . but it just never seems to work that way for me either. Keeping :crossed: for both of us.

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee
09-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Very happy to say that our horribly sticky heat wave appears to have been a one-day affair. Seems quite normal and pleasant this morning. Additionally, the good old Fall Fair will wind-up today and then my little neighbourhood will be back to normal and pleasant (and quiet) again, too.

Nothing else exciting around here . . . as soon as my hair is dry I must venture out "blueberry picking" (at the supermarket :lol:) so I can get my daily "fix". What can I say -- it's such a short season -- :shrug:

Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon. :carrot:

gailr42
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I think I read that blueberries are a big crop in Michigan. Must be the climates are similar. I have never been a blueberry fan, but I'll bet I would like really good, fresh ones. How would bluberries and peaches be? :lol:

meowee
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I think I read that blueberries are a big crop in Michigan. Must be the climates are similar. I have never been a blueberry fan, but I'll bet I would like really good, fresh ones. How would bluberries and peaches be? :lol:

You thought you were making a joke . . . but that is a magnificent combination. :yes: And . . . if you've never had fresh, you've never really had blueberries -- frozen just do not come close.

bobbigene
09-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Blueberries are my favorites! And you are right, fresh just can't be beat. You can't really bake with the frozen ones, too much moisture comes out of them and your batter can get runny.

gailr42
09-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I wish I had thought to get some while I was in MI.

I have been reading Sara Foster's Casual Cooking. I like the book and actually made a sort of pizza on toast from the book. It was good. So good, in fact, that I managed to bite my tongue really hard while eating it. :lol: At least the pain keeps me from eating too much right now.

meowee
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi there, everybody . . . :wave:

Wow . . . it's Monday . . . and it's a gorgeous day around here. Sunny and relatively cool -- just the way I like it.

Hope everybody has a great one . . . :grouphug:

gailr42
09-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I weighed 151 this morning!!!!! I think I will wait a bit to change my ticker in case it was a fluke.

meowee
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

:crossed: for your continued good numbers GAIL . . . :high:

It's raining and it's supposed to continue raining for the rest of today and tomorrow. I did not sleep too well last night and this dreary weather is definitely adding to my feeling of sluggishness this morning. Hopefully, this too will pass.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Still 151!

I am really feeling sick this morning. I have a cold or something a little worse. Yuck.

meowee
09-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Hope you are soon feeling better, Gail. Congratulations on holding on to the 151 . . . :high:

Weather around here can't make up it's mind about sunny or rainy today. It has definitely decided on windy and humid, though. I was drenched in sweat after lugging garbage to the curb. Hey, good exercise, and I've managed to catch up to my ticker weight again (guess that should be 'catch down to' :lol:).

Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day today . . . :carrot:

bobbigene
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone! This week is going pretty well - at least food wise. We have a tropical storm coming in to town and it could drop a ton of rain on us. We'll be having lots of flooding in some neighborhoods I'm sure.

I'm hoping for a good weigh in on Saturday. I've been eating soup this week for dinner and I think it's really helping.

gailr42
09-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I can't believe all the strange weather folks have had this year. Ours has just been normal - hot, no rain.

They had a potluck at work today. I brought a nice fruit bowl :lol:. I planned to have a (very tiny) piece of the cheese cake that one of the guys makes. It was good! I also had half of a vegetarian stuffed red bell pepper. It had ourzo instead of rice which was different and very good. So, I did fine.

The pepper recipe - looks good for volumetrics to me.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_37558,00.html

meowee
09-13-2007, 10:00 AM

That recipe does sound pretty good on the ED without actually working it out -- maybe add some more onions and celery into the mix. I'm not a lover of stuffed peppers at the best of time though -- prefer them raw in salad. :shrug:

Went to the kitchen to get a :coffee: refill and found the freezer door open and Purrecious poking around inside. Not a fluke either, because after I removed her and made sure the door was closed, she simply popped it open again to continue her adventure. Then, when I came back up here, I couldn't figure out what the funny little noise was or where it was coming from -- until I found Frack curled up in a little storage box on the top shelf (right up at ceiling level) of the wall unit above my desk. Not even sure how she possibly got there. :shrug: And having pets is supposed to be lowering my blood pressure. :lol:

Fall is definitely in the air -- the birds are flocking It is a lovely sunny and coolish day. High of 18 (low 60's) predicted. Trees will be changing soon. :love:

Hope you all have a great day, too . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

gailr42
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
My fridge has a bottom mount freezer. Roger has taken to jumping up into the refrigerator section when ever I open the door. Maybe he thinks he is helping me to choose something healthy to eat? Cats are so wierd!

bobbigene
09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Humberto blew up into a hurricane overnight and also moved off to the east so Houston didn't get a drop of rain. Works for me!

I had a cat one time that liked to climb into the refrigerator. One time I didn't know she was in there and I shut the door. Found her an hour later sitting on the bottom shelf shivering. You'd think that would have cured her but she still tried to get into the fridge every time the door was opened!

gailr42
09-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I was wondering if that ever happened! That cat was lucky you happened to open the fridge again.

My goodness, I expected all my Texas friends to be off-line now. I have a couple of others on another site I visit. I am very glad to hear that you are ok.

I had grilled salmon tonight. I grilled a small zuchinni with it. The rest of dinner was a giant spinach, watercress and cucumber salad with a bit of Trader Joe's light (40 cal/oz) Feta cheese, and TJ's ff vinaigrette and a bowl full of cantaloupe and grapes with mint and a spoon of light sour cream. Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

For lunch: A bowl of Good Housekeeping Magazine's diet soup with a can of clams added to it, a big salad and two wassa crackers with feta cheese.

For breakfast: a waffle - with nothing on it! Not so good, but I just got a new waffle baker and wanted to try it out. That one waffle didn't stay with me nearly as well as some of the other stuff I eat.

Inbetween, I had 1/4 cup trail mix, some more Feta and a Trader Joe's ff merengue cookie (22 cal). I don't eat the trail mix very often because 1/4 cup has almost 200 calories. I probably had a few other things, too, but no more cookies or trail mix. I eat all the grapes, melon and peaches I want, because I seem to keep loosing on this plan - if you can call it a plan.

I figured out that I have been loosing 3.875 lbs per month:cool:. Not a huge amount, but I hope I am learning about eating.

meowee
09-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Feeling kind of crummy today . . . ache all over and have a bit of a sore throat . . . the weather is looking a lot better than I'm feeling.

Hope everybody else has a good day . . . :grouphug:

bobbigene
09-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Good morning all. I was able to move the ticker down a pound so I'm pretty pleased with this past week.

Meowee, hope you are feeling better this morning.

gailr42
09-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I am back to 152. I am sure I am just experiencing normal weight fluctuation. I just wish it would fluctuate down on my weigh-in day!

meowee
09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi there :wave:

It's raining today . . . that's okay. Since I still don't feel too great, I guess I'll just be having a lazy, stay-at-home, kind of day . . . maybe indulge in some laundry, if I can get up the energy.

I'm out of blueberries again and the price has mysteriously managed to double since the beginning of the week, so I'll be leaving them in the store. Made protein panckes with strawberries for breakfast this morning -- pretty good, but nowhere as wonderful as with the bb's.

Congratulations on the pound, Bobbigene. :high:

Hi there Gail . . . I'm a tiny bit under my ticker yesterdy and this morning -- of course, who knows where it will be by Wednesday when it counts. :lol:

Hope everybody has a Volumetrically great day . . . see you soon . . . :grouphug:

gailr42
09-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Last night DH made chili. I fixed mine up pretty much according to the weight watchers cookbook recipe. It was absolutely delicious. I don't think I would even want regular chili again. The WW recipe adds sauted carrots, green pepper, celery to the basic chili. In other words, they made it more volumetric. Not only did it taste good, it was very pretty.

I ate more than I should have over the last couple of days. I think it is because I still have this rotten cold and don't feel like doing anything else besides eat. Usually I have something going on to distract me a little from eating.

meowee
09-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Funny that you mentioned chili, GAIL . . . I woke up this morning thinking about making a pot of chili stoup . . . you can really tell that Fall is here. :yes: Think I posted the recipe in one on one of the old threads . . . basically it's just a simple chili with extra veggies and extra tomatoes so it comes out as a cross between a soup and a stew . . . hence the name.

Rather cool and overcast again today but at least it has stopped raining. I'm still feeling a little yucky -- sore throat and sore ear, and lots of aches.

Here's a few new kitten pictures . . . the terrible trio is now 6 months old (and finally seem to have figured out the kitty litter thing :crossed:). . . BTW, in the group picture, reading from bottom to top, we have Frick, Frack, and Freckle.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend . . . see you later . . . :grouphug:

gailr42
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
OMG what beautiful cats! It seems like you mentioned that they are some special breed - I forget - what are they? How do you post the pics like that? Is it a second line to your signature or what? I want to put some of my kitties up. Mine are nice cats, but not anywhere near as gorgeous as yours. I just can't get over how shiny they are. Our black cats are shiny, but not like that. One of our dogs is named Freckles because she has freckles all over her muzzle.

I haven't been doing so well with my eating. I haven't eaten anything really bad, except maybe another waffle (nothing on it, but the recipe has lots of butter in it). I am just eating too much. My peaches are all gone and the pears aren't ripe yet. Having all that good fruit around was really helping me.

Do you gals end up with your fridge totally stuffed with produce after you shop? Mine is nearly empty now which is a good thing from the point of view that I ate most of it. Tomorrow I need to restock. We don't have a leaf of lettuce to our names :lol:.

meowee
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi Gail . . .

(a) They are called Bengal Leopard Cats -- thank you (on behalf of the triplets) for those nice compliments.

(b) To post pictures -- first of all, make sure you are using the "advanced" feature for your posts; then scroll down below the box were you type stuff until you come to a button called "manage attachments", click on that and follow the instructions from there. You can load up to five pictures to any given post so long as they are about the same size (in KB) as your avatar picture. If you have any problems, let me know.

(c) I know what you mean . . . I'm missing my blueberries terribly. All I have in the fruit department is California strawberries and some apples. I need to shop tomorrow to stuff the fridge with more salad stuff and other vegetables, too.

Have a great evening . . . see you soon . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Simon, Simon and Freckles, Roger. Roger thinks no one can see him behind the drapes.

meowee
09-17-2007, 11:22 AM

I was up nursing a diabetic hypoglycemic event from 2:30 to 4:30 and then went back to bed and didn't get up again until almost 10 . . . feels like a whole new day to me, but it will be a very short one, I guess. Hate it when that happens because everything is out of kilter for the rest of the day.

I see you got pictures, GAIL . . . but yours are different than mine . . . can't make them bigger by clicking on them . . . wonder why? I got a chuckle out of Roger - my big grey cat, Mouse, does that kind of 'hiding' too - they don't seem to realize that they have tails and figure if they can't see us, then we can't see them. Mouse tries to hide is tiny little 15 pound-self behind potted plants.

Have a great one, gang . . . see you later :wave:

meowee
09-18-2007, 12:21 PM

gailr42
09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi! My refrigerator is now full of produce again. It sure does take me a long time to get all that stuff cleaned and bagged up for use.

I had a huge spinach, tomato, onion salad, black bean chili, two wassa crisp for lunch. I still have a few grapes and a few radishes to eat this afternoon.

This morning I weighed 150!!!! I just can't believe that I continue to loose weight while eating as much as I do. I just love not being starving hungry all the time.

gailr42
09-19-2007, 11:23 PM
I am almost afraid to say this, but I have been walking! This exercise thing has been such a hurdle for me, but I think I might be getting it. I asked my DH to help me lay out a little walking course around our property. Right now, it takes me about 12 minutes to complete the circle. I started doing it one time, then 2 and when I get a little better at it I will increase to three rounds. That will be a little more than thirty minutes. This is a really huge improvement over NO minutes. Even though our dogs can't talk, I can tell that they think I have taken leave of my senses. They don't consider my circle much of a walk.:lol: Now, if I can just stay with it....

I had a poached egg on toast and a fruit salad with yogurt, cinnamon and mint on it for breakfast. Chicken, tomato, green pepper, lettuce and onion salad, cantaloupe, two wassa crisp for lunch. For supper, A stir-fry with chicken, sugar snap peas, tomatoes and a little left over rice, two wassa, a square of chocolate and 1/4 cup of my own custom trail mix ( just under 200 calories). I don't eat a whole lot of that trail mix because it is so energy dense, but it does seem to stick with me. I also had a few grapes.

meowee
09-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Sorry I was missing yesterday -- it just turned into "one of those days" -- you know the kind. Among other things, the scale:devil: still hates me. My usual pattern -- Sunday, 226 -- Wednesday (the official day), 230 -- this morning, 227. Soooooo, guess I get to look at 228 on the ticker for another week. OMG this gets tiresome. :( Oh well . . . all good things come to she who waits and waits and waits. :)

GAIL . . . that is wonderful . . . keep it up regardless of what the menagerie has to say. :lol:

Have a great day, everybody. Keep things moving and shaking. :carrot:

gailr42
09-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I am jumping up and down this morning! I weighed in at 149!!!!!! Finally, I am in the 140s. I am so pleased!

meowee
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
:high:

meowee
09-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Good Morning again . . . :grouphug:

Still not feeling up to par . . . partly because my blood sugar levels are still being so erratic . . . hope it gets back in sync soon. At least our weather is still being really, really kind to us. Keep it coming Mama Nature. :yes:

Kittens (and cats) are being good. Eating is pretty good. Exercise (well :shrug:). Unfortunately that has never been my strong point.

Have a great day gang . . . See you later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Linda, sorry you aren't feeling the greatest. I think you said you have type II diabetes? I also think you said that you do take insulin. I don't know any thing about it except it seems to me that a good diet is supposed to help, and you are doing that.

What do you do for exercise when you do it? Like I said above, exercise has been the biggest hurdle for me. Over the years, I have done a lot of exercise, but none of it has helped me keep the weight off. So, because that has been my previous experience, I have stubbornly refused to get with any program.

Something I read recently kind of "clicked" with me. It said that I have to think of exercise as something that I do for my health. Just forget about the weight loss and do a little exercise. After I do a little exercise, then maybe I will want to do some more. I don't know about that :lol:. I know, this isn't some big break through announcement that a little exercise is better than none - I know that, but some how this time it "resonated".

Anyway, I am totally intimidated by the ammount of exercise some people do. I AM going to get over it and do a little bit of exercise.

I even read about a woman who figured out a way to walk around the inside of her house for a mile. That should appeal to the woman who feels like it is too hot, too cold, to windy etc to go outside (me).

meowee
09-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes . . . I'm type II. The problem is that I have lost 50+ pounds and am having a devil of a time keeping my blood sugar stable . . . I've cut my oral diabetes meds and my insulin by 1/3 to 1/2 and now I'm fiddling with the insulin levels again. Those bad lows can be deadly (literally) and you'd have to experience one to know how horrible they make you feel. Glucose is the only food used by the brain and if it doesn't have enough, the synapses don't fire correctly.

Losing weight is probably the best thing a type II can do, but it does mean constant juggling. Even after 16 or more years as a diabetic, I could probably stop most of my meds if I can (when I do) lose the rest of this weight. Exercise is also very good for controlling diabetes, but (like you) I hate it. Not to mention that I have very bad knees (arthritis) and that doesn't make it any easier. I keep hoping I can convince the cats to enjoy walking on a leash -- so far no luck. :lol: I have a stability ball that can be fun sometimes and herds of simple dvd routines that I usually don't get into the machine. :mad:

I've got to get myself into that it's-for-my-health mindset. Actually the "experts" (whoever they are) say it is 80% diet and only 20% exercise that leads to weight loss -- but, exercise becomes more important as a tool to keeping it off.

Thanks for your thoughts . . . Sorry to bore you . . . see you later. :wave:

gailr42
09-22-2007, 02:18 PM
You aren't boring me - it's interesting. Are you saying that the weight loss, that is, a change in your body composition, causes the blood glucose to go crazy? So weight loss is good, but you have to work hard on keeping the levels even while you are loosing weight? Wow! You lost fifty pounds. That is impressive. Does it help to loose a bit, stabilize, then loose some more or does that just drag it out? Believe me, I am not interested in trying out a low blood sugar episode. Being out of breath when I walk is scary enough!

I have seen the 80/20% figure about diet/exercise. The Thin for Life books say that the maintainers exercise. But then they say they don't all exercise very much - at least by the standards of the exercisers on here. The author finally concludes that even fairly minimal exercise, done consistently, is part of a "package" of healthful behaviors that help the individual to maintain weight loss. So, all this is giving me hope that I don't have to set up housekeeping at some gym in order to be healthy. Like I mentioned earlier, I am overwhelmed and discouraged by reading the exercise threads.

So, now what I need to know what else is in that "package" of behaviors - taking a bath on Saturday night or what?:lol:

meowee
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
You aren't boring me - it's interesting. Are you saying that the weight loss, that is, a change in your body composition, causes the blood glucose to go crazy? So weight loss is good, but you have to work hard on keeping the levels even while you are loosing weight? Wow! You lost fifty pounds. That is impressive. Does it help to loose a bit, stabilize, then loose some more or does that just drag it out? Believe me, I am not interested in trying out a low blood sugar episode. Being out of breath when I walk is scary enough!

Short answer -- YES -- It's a constant juggling act.

Long answer -- You may be sorry you said I wasn't boring you. You probably know a lot of this stuff already.

The body runs on glucose. The body converts all the carbohydrates (and only the carbs) we eat into glucose. Since we don't eat little tiny bits 24/7; the body produces insulin to assist in keeping the amount of glucose circulating in the blood at an even level all the time. What insulin actually does is control the flow of the glucose into the cells. It unlocks the cell door so to speak. It has two jobs, actually -- it unlocks the door on the muscle cells for the glucose to get in and it also unlocks the door on the fat cells for the storage of excess energy that we don't need to put into the muscle cells immediately. Excess carbs, excess fats, and excess protein can all be converted to fat if storage is needed. The average body does a wonderful job of keeping everything in balance.

HOWEVER . . .

In Type I Diabetes due to an unknown cause, the Islets of Langerhans (the area in the Pancreas where Insulin is made) just suddenly stop functioning altogether. A Type I must inject Insulin to live, and it is a constant balancing act to enusre that the right amount is injected. Too little insulin and you die.

In Type II Diabetes, the muscle cells become more and more resistent to the Insulin being produced. Again, the cause is unknown, but obesity has a lot to do with this problem. The Pancreas now works even harder to produce more and more insulin in an attempt to keep the body functioning. Now the catch-22 to all this is that the fat cells do not tend to become as resistant as the muscle cells. The increase in production of insulin means that the fat cells get more and more stuffed into them and that in turn seems to make the muscle cells even more resistant. :dizzy: And so the vicious circle continues. The Type II diabetic needs more and more medication to help the pancreas creat more insulin and the body to use it better until the pancreas cannot cope any longer even at maximum production and then the Type II has to start injecting additional insulin making weight control even more difficult.

Deep breath . . . against all odds (and with a lot fewer calories than needed for non-diabetics) the Type II finally manages to lose some weight. So, suddenly there is too much insulin and the blood glucose level falls too low. Too much insulin for too long and you may die because the heart and brain will shut down from lack of glucose. Constant juggling is required to keep things in balance. I guess the faster the weight loss, the more juggling but weight loss is so difficult, speed is not usually a problem for a diabetic. :o

Bottom line -- is it worth it -- absolutely. I'd rather be constantly juggling my insulin and meds than constantly having to take more and more.

Getting contol of diabetes with the fewest medications possible helps to reduce the risk of all those serious complications. Did you know that Diabetes is by far the major risk factor for death by heart attack? And, the single biggest cause of blindness and non-trauma induced amputations. All the extra glucose in the blood does devasting damage. It is definitely worth all the hassles.

Okay . . . I'll shut up now . . . thanks for listening. Hope you are still awake. Have a great evening . . . :hug:

meowee
09-22-2007, 03:53 PM
BTW . . . in case you haven't figured it out by now . . . I'm the Moderator in the Diabetes Support Forum . . . :rofl:

Okay . . . on the other topic . . . exercise.

I have to agree . . . the amount of exercise going on in those forums scare me to death too. Although I'm sure that a modest amount of exercise (don't ask me to definte "modest") could only help with weight loss if for no other reason than allowing us to eat more calories because we'd be burning more off.

gailr42
09-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I remember learning about Islets of Langerhans in some biology course I took a long time ago. I did not know the part about the fat cells being less resistant to insulin than the others. Your description of what happens was very clear and interesting.

A modest amount of exercise is how much we do without feeling embarassed :lol:. Or maybe it is exactly how much we feel like doing right at the moment.

bobbigene
09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Complete meltdown last week - and it showed on the scale. I gailed 3 pounds, but because the ticker doesn't move west, I'm not touching it. The sad part? Complete meltdown on controlling food wasn't even fun. Not like I was eating nachos or lots of chocolate, I was just eating anything that didn't move!

Back on the program starting today. Wish me luck.

meowee
09-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Gang . . . :grouphug:

Silly weather report for today says mild and sunny . . . so far it is cloudy and windy? :shrug: Seems like my latest insulin idea (a morning shot yesterday but none at bedtime) worked out fairly well, so I'll do the same again today and see where things go. Just had a nice breakfast of HF cereal with mixed berries and skim milk.

Pretty good eating day yesterday and the scale says 227 this morning . . . of course, since it doesn't count :(. . . by Wednesday, when it does? -- only the scale:devil: knows what he may feel like by then.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for today . . . need some apples and egg whites, so guess I'll have to do a little grocery run . . . other than that SSDD. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking good time on the go. See you soon . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I wondered where you were, bobbijean. Pick yourself up and get back on track. Did you figure out what percipitated your overeating? Stress, hormones etc? Do you have a plan for next time? Are you eating enough so that you aren't starving all the time? Do I sound stern enough to be helpful? :lol: Good luck and be sure and stay connected to the rest of us so we can be supportive.

By the way, I'll bet that half of what you gained is water weight. As soon as you get back on plan, it will come off.

bobbigene
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I think some of it was stress - a good friend of mine at work had a health crisis in her family and I had to take over her work load last week on top of my own. So between her work and worrying about her situation I went berserk. Also it was my turn to bring the birthday treat for the birthdays in September. I made a brownie toffee trifle. I had a nice serving of it - hey I used light cool whip, that should have saved a couple of calories! :dizzy:

I'll be better this coming week and then the next two I'm on vacation and have lots of chores scheduled to do. I'll be too busy with physical labor to eat junk!

gailr42
09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, a brownie toffee trifle! That sounds worth the indulgence. Hope your week starts off well tomorrow.

meowee
09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Ah . . . Cool Whip . . . one of my very favourite sources of calories with absolutely no other known nutritional value . . . :drool: At least it's light (in weight) so the ED is a mere 1.7 (for Fat Free), 2.2 (for Light), 2.9 (for regular). :lol: You know . . . I have no idea what the ED for 'real' whipped cream is and I can't find it in the book either. :shrug:

Northern Nova Scotia is feeling darned cold today -- only 13 as a predicted high. If the sun would come out it might warm up a bit. Oh well, they are predicting better stuff for the rest of the week. Hope they are right.

My weight is below ticker for the second day -- 226.2 this morning -- and I'm beginning to hold out hope for my 'official' number on Wednesday. :crossed:

Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
You are talking celsius, right? If it is 13° F, your're darnded tootin' it's cold!! It is about 70°F (21°C) with a bit of a breeze here. Way below normal temps.

Anyway, I celebrated one week without a miss of doing my little walk every morning. I am so proud of myself. Except for the first couple of times, I did the circuit twice. I am not improved enough yet to do it three times. It takes me just about 25 minutes this way.

Congratulations on the weight drop, Linda. I predict that it will still be there on Wednesday.

meowee
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Yep -- about 55F. Sorry, I usually stick in the translation but guess I forgot this time. I'd call 21C :beach: weather right about now.

gailr42
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
When I worked for the airline, I was a NOAA certified weather observer. We had to do our observations in centigrade. It never became second nature to me, but I do know a few of the equivalents. Like when it is over 40°C it is really, really, hot.

meowee
09-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Extremely hot . . . I think anything beyond the low 30's is hot (i.e., when it hits the 90's) most likely because around here (and especially in Ontario where I'm originally from) anything over 80 usually comes with 90% humidity and therefore feels like the 40's anyway. :lol:

Actually temperature is one of the few things I've become fairly comfortable with since Canada went metric. I still travel in miles and measure in feet and inches (in my mind anyway) and I definitely eat in ounces. Have to admit that weighing 103 kilos somehow sounds better than 227 pounds -- probably just because I don't relate to the number. :s:

gailr42
09-24-2007, 07:21 PM
In my opinion, there is nothing worse than 90% humidity at any temperature. I guess it is a good thing I live in the desert. The older I get, the more the humidity bothers me. We actually had a bit of rain night before last. Yay!

meowee
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Here I am again . . . :wave:

It is Tuesday . . . the sun was shining for a few minutes, but has decided to retreat again. All is relatively quiet on the feline front -- although there was some chewing of TP going on overnight. Freckle is the prime suspect.

Nothing to much is new with me. How about you?

gailr42
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
My breakfast was oatmeal, a tablespoon of pumkin seeds and rasins on top and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Lunch is going to be left-over pot roast with veggies, spinach salad and whatever fruit I buy at the grocery before work. Dinner is going to be one of DH pasta favorites - small serving for me augmented with broccoli, salad and fruit.

I am continuing to take a morning walk. I hope I don't get messed up on this next week while I am working the early shift. I will have to walk when I get home.

bobbigene
09-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Hello ladies. Hot & humid again along the Gulf Coast. I'm doing better this week and think I've lost the weight I gained from the brownie trifle week. Haven't a clue what the ED was on it, but the recipe said it was about 460 calories per serving and 17 grams of fat. Yeah, real health food! I had skinless chicken and steamed chicken for dinner tonight. Much more sensible for weight control.

meowee
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
It's probably best not to even try to figure that ED . . . :lol: . . . Some things are better left unknown.

gailr42
09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Holy cow! I wonder how many calories were in the cheese cake I had the other day. I agree with Meowee, some things are better left unknown.:lol:

meowee
09-26-2007, 06:24 AM
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

meowee
09-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Okay :o . . . I'm back and I've calmed down a little. Had coffee; wrestled the garbage to the curb; fed everybody; -- and banished the nasty scale:devil: to the corner.

After three days of reading 226 . . . now that it is my official weigh-in morning, he had the audacity to register 228 AGAIN . . . we have been doing this same routine for two month's now. Let's see how he likes standing face to the wall for a while. He won't be coming out until the end of the month -- I know, it's not far off -- but it is a Sunday (usually one of my low days). Maybe this will at least break the pattern of the personal vendetta he has going for me. Then he will return to the corner until the end of October (a Wednesday :lol:) Hopefully Mr. Scale:devil: will learn some manners by then.

Other than that, SSDD for me -- hope everybody else is having a great one -- :wave: See you later . . . :grouphug:

meowee
09-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Up way to early this morning -- had my coffee -- picked up after the felines -- wondering what to do next. Exercise on Thursday is usually a "shop 'til you drop" with my buddy LouLou; but today it just might be "clean the garage" instead. Will see how things feel once I find out what the weather is going to be like. It is only now starting to get light out there. Guess it's that time of year.

Hope you all have great plans for the day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Bad scale. That has got to be sooooo frustrating. Did you guys shop? When I do that, it is my credit card that gets the most exercise.

I was good yesterday and today. I ate the right stuff, and I did my little walk - three times today.

I got a hunk of salmon at the grocery and I poached it and froze most of the meat for future use. I made salmon tacos for lunch today: a flour tortilla, salmon, chopped cherry tomatoes, onions, cucumber and lettuce with a dollop of wasabi (low fat)mayo on top. Very tasty.

I think I may have solved my blue cheese salad dressing problem. I figure that blue cheese is pretty much pure grease, so I count it as 100 cal/Tablespoon and I don't use very much. So, today I mixed some light sour cream with kefir to get the proper consistency. Then I tossed in a few blue cheese crumbs and ran my immerison blender through it. That way the taste of the cheese gets dispersed in the dressing and I get the taste of blue cheese throughout the dressing, not just an occasional little lump of cheese. Of course, if you hate blue cheese dressing, this is of absolutely no interest. :lol:

meowee
09-28-2007, 08:48 AM

Did both the garage shovelling and the mall crawling yesterday . . . boy was I feeling proud of myself . . . then I blew all the great calorie burning by eating a whole 600 calories of Cote d'Or, 86% cocoa, chocolate . . . tasted awfully good mind you. :o

Weather today is raining. Supposed to clear up again sometime tomorrow afternoon and be good for the rest of the weekend. :crossed: So far everything is pretty good with my world . . . did my morning exercises -- deep (better call that shallow) knee bends and some upper-body strength moves -- followed by protein pancakes for breakfast.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for the day . . . how about you?

gailr42
09-28-2007, 09:48 PM
My DH or maybe that should be BH (bad husband) bought himself a couple of fancy candy bars and is storing them in the fridge until he gets a hankering for them. They have 1000 calories each. And there they are looking at me. He gave me one for my birthday and I am proud to say that it took me exactly one month to eat the entire candy bar, a square at a time every few days.

I took a friend to the local "big city" for a colonoscopy today. Afterwards, we went out to lunch. I had the senior soup and salad combo. The turkey sandwich was on a croissant, the salad had a ton of oily, salty dressing and would you believe that they served a rather large oatmeal cookie with the whole thing! Have you ever been served a cookie with a soup and salad meal?? :lol: I sure haven't. It would have never occurred to me in a million years to say "hold the cookie". I should have thought to ask for the salad dressing on the side. One must be ever vigilant.

meowee
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
He gave me one for my birthday and I am proud to say that it took me exactly one month to eat the entire candy bar, a square at a time every few days.

Oh wow . . . that is impressive . . . I sometimes can manage being good like that for two or three days . . . then my willpower dissolves and I eat the rest in one sitting. :mad:

So far, I am not having a good day -- my stability ball seems to have sprung a leak and the video cable on my DVD has been chewed through by 'somebody'. So much for my 'exercise before breakfast' idea. :shrug: Guess I'll be going shopping a little later. I'm hoping it will stop raining by this afternoon.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

gailr42
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Hmmm....I wonder who that "somebody" could have been! The little sabateurs.

meowee
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
All I know for sure is that it wasn't 'me' . . . unless I've been 'sleep-chewing'. :lol3:

gailr42
09-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Snort! Sleep chewing...:lol: :lol:

bobbigene
09-29-2007, 11:06 AM
I had a friend once who was married to an electrician. He said that the reason animals seem to like to chew on electrical cords is because they get a bit of a thrill from the power running through the wires. Of course if they chew through it enough to actually hit the wires, they run the risk of getting too much of a thrill and frying themselves! So squirrels in the Attic and cats in the living room are just getting "high" when they do that. Don't know if that's really true, but it sounds good!

I'm officially on vacation for the next two weeks. Yahoo! I have lots of stuff planned - trimming hedges, replacing some boards on the fence, stuff like that. That should count toward exercise shouldn't it?

gailr42
09-30-2007, 02:45 AM
That is funny! Our cats don't chew wires, but the dog has done it a couple of times. We do have squirrels in the attic that chew. Hmm.....I guess we have a bunch of happy sqirrels.

meowee
09-30-2007, 07:33 AM

That is funny . . . must have been Purrecious . . . she always acts, well, "wired", :lol: most of the time anyway.

Have a happy Sunday gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

gailr42
09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Rats! I am back to 150lbs. again. I am sure it is just normal variation....but I want the number to start with 14. Maybe if I chew a wire I will feel better about it.

meowee
09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
:s:

gailr42
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I am probably one of the world's biggest cheese lovers. I bought a little hunk of goat cheese - 4 oz @80 cal/oz. Can't rack up more that 320 calories on a binge with it.:lol: Anyway, I got the idea to put a little bit of the goat cheese on my apple slices. It was just to die for. I had a few grapes along with it. A really yummy, elegant snack and I probably used about 1.5 tsp of the cheese, so that's not bad calorie-wise.

The goat cheese is imported from Canada. Made in Ontario. It is a treat to get something that is imported from some place that speaks english! Well, mostly anyway.:D

teacher1
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi! Mind if I join your chat group? I just finished reading the Volumterics Eating Plan. It just makes so much sense. I hoping to check in and get ideas for meals and keeping myself accountable.

meowee
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
:welcome3: TEACHER . . . :hug: . . . so glad to have you joining us and will be looking forward to getting to know you better.

Don't let GAIL kid you . . . we Canadians speak English . . . just with a slightly different accent.

gailr42
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I just didn't want to offend any francophones.

Hey teacher, welcome. What I like so much about Volumetrics is that you can apply the principles to a diet you invent yourself or combine it with other diet plans. I have been very satisfied with the amount and quality of my meals since I started this back in January.

Now, we all know that goat cheese is not on any diet plan. I have been allowing myself too many treats lately and I need to be stricter. Somehow, I seem to think that since I am doing a little bit of exercise, I am entitled to gourmet dining.

As a rule, my meals are very simple. I like to cook, but most of the time I don't want to make anything fancy with multiple ingredients. Sometimes I make up a large quantity of something I like (Ellie Krieger's white chili, for instance) and freeze it in serving sizes. I am trying to learn to use meat, especially red meat, as a condiment rather than the main ingredient. The book says cutting back on meat is one of the best ways to cut down on fat. I also switched to non-fat dry milk. I am not crazy about it, but I can drink it.

meowee
10-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever . . .

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break :s:) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1, but that is supposed to go to 17. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

ANYWAY . . . HERE IS A LINK TO OUR NEW OCTOBER CHAT THREAD . . . HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1875493#post1875493

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you later . . . :carrot: