Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #1  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Default What just happened?

Hi everyone! I have been away for a while and I'm glad to be back. I have been good for the last two weeks. I have a personal trainer who I faithfully see 3 times a week. I bought a treadmill last Sunday. But...I got up this morning and had Kit Kats for breakfast?!?!?! Huh?

What is everyone's opinion of this?

Georgie
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I gotta better question for you.

After all of this....

Quote:
I have been good for the last two weeks. I have a personal trainer who I faithfully see 3 times a week. I bought a treadmill last Sunday.
What were Kit Kats doing in your house??!!??
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Ooh, good one, sweetnsassyfied! Yeah, keeping Kit Kats out of the house would be damage control. Did you not have healthier breakfast alternatives available?

Georgie, I feel your pain. It seems like in every other area of my life, I can be thoughtful and say, "how will this action impact my world, others around me, my environment?" I just don't seem to ask those same questions about eating Kit Kats for breakfast.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Definitely completely de-junk your house. If you live with people, sit them down and say you really need their help right now and the house must be junk-free.

Always have a plan for breakfast. Have healthy foods ready to go. Plan what you are going to eat the night before and follow through!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What just happened? Well, you got up, you went to find the KitKats. You picked them up, you opened the package, and then you put them in your mouth. Chewed. Swallowed.

At several points, up to the swallow, you could have taken a different path. Or are you claiming you were "possessed" by a "wicked force"?

1. If they aren't there, you can't eat them.
2. If you don't open the package, you can't eat them.
3. If they don't get into your mouth, you can't eat them.

I agree with Glory87. De-junk the house and plan your meals. Have the foods on hand. Don't use vacations as an excuse to eat off-plan. There you have it!

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #6  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Kit Kats were in the house due to 10 year old son and his best friend 40 year old husband. I usually have my Dr. Oz breakfast blaster for breakfast (very healthy). But...this morning the Kit Kats jumped out of the refrigerator into my hand, unwrapped themselves and then jumped into my mouth. I have, however, solved this problem. I took them to the movies this afternoon and hubby and son finished them off.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #7  

The important thing here is to A: yes analyze what happened so that it doesn't happen again and B: realize that one mistake doesn't completely ruin everything and go right back on course.
I admit wholeheartedly to moments of weakness. And I also believe (despite what the clinic says) that if you TRULY deprive yourself of everything you will get discouraged and just give up. So yes I allow myself a handfull of m&m's from time to time. I just don't sit down and eat a whole bag like I used to.
Get right back up and keep on trucking! I promise that that one moment of weakness didn't ruin everything!
xeracia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

This reminds me of the kids story... does anyone else know the Frog & Toad "Cookies" story?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Willpower

Oh I found it online.... I find this story very compelling every time I read it to dd.

"Cookies" by Arnold Lobel

Toad baked some cookies. "These cookies smell very good," said Toad. He ate one. "And they taste even better," he said. Toad ran to Frog's house. "Frog, Frog," cried Toad, "taste these cookies that I have made."

Frog ate one of the cookies. "These are the best cookies I have ever eaten!" said Frog.

Frog and Toad ate many cookies, one after another. "You know, Toad," said Frog, with his mouth full, "I think we should stop eating. We will soon be sick."

"You are right," said Toad. "Let us eat one last cookie, and then we will stop." Frog and Toad ate one last cookie.

There were many cookies left in the bowl. "Frog," said Toad, "let us eat one very last cookie, and then we will stop." Frog and Toad at one very last cookie.

"We must stop eating!" cried Toad as he ate another. "Yes," said Frog, reaching for a cookie, "we need will power." "What is will power?" asked Toad.

"Will power is trying hard not to do something that you really want to do," said Frog.

"You mean like trying not to eat all of these cookies?" asked Toad. "Right," said Frog.

Frog put the cookies in a box. "There," he said. "Now we will not eat any more cookies." "But we can open the box," said Toad. "That is true," said Frog.

Frog tied some string around the box. "There," he said. "Now we will not eat any more cookies." "But we can cut the string and open the box," said Toad. "That is true," said Frog.

Frog got a ladder. He put the box up on a high shelf. "There," said Frog. "Now we will not eat any more cookies." "But we can climb the ladder and take the box down from the shelf and cut the string and open the box," said Toad. "That is true," said Frog.

Frog climbed the ladder and took the box down from the shelf. He cut the string and opened the box.

Frog took the box outside. He shouted in a loud voice, "HEY BIRDS, HERE ARE COOKIES!"

Birds came from everywhere. They picked up all the cookies in their beaks and flew away.

"Now we have no more cookies to eat," said Toad sadly. "Not even one."

"Yes," said Frog, but we have lots and lots of will power." "You may keep it all, Frog," said Toad. "I am going home now to bake a cake."
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Maybe your body was trying to tell you that you weren't getting enough nutrients and needed chocolate. Hee! Next time you will know that your body doens't tell the truth.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #11  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Thanks everyone! Have a great holiday weekend!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #12  

Meh, I had Milky Way MAgic Stars and Sushi for breakfast! itll be alright

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't expect hubby to eat what I eat. He wouldn't even if I did anyway. So instead, I've worked around it with his and her shelves in both the cabinets and the fridge. I simply pay no mind to his fridge shelves, keeping mine up top so my eyes don't have to wander over his stuff, and I don't open his cabinet.

If you HAVE to have junk in the house, due to other people, keeping it separate from the healthy food could help you to not indulge.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #14  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Maybe you were eating like a "hot chick."
http://www.heydayproductions.com/book.htm
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Smile Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
This reminds me of the kids story... does anyone else know the Frog & Toad "Cookies" story?
Love this story!!Ain't it the truth?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote