Support Groups - CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB - September '07

meowee
09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug: . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :wave:

srmb60
09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
September already! How did that happen?

meowee
09-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Absolutely beautiful day -- just the kind I like best -- sunny and cool -- hope it continues this way for a long, long time. Also hope you are all having a wonderful 'labourless' Labour Day Weekend.

See you soon . . . :grouphug:

meowee
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Hello again . . . :grouphug:

Hope you are all having a really great holiday Monday . . . :wave:

chocco
09-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Good morning all ,

This weekend was good . We went camping for a couple of days . We had beautiful weather . Went to the beach however the Bay of Fundy is way to cold to go swimming in . I indulged in all sorts of food that i should of stayed away from. Oh well September is here and I can start fresh .

Hope everyone is having a great day !!!

Annette

HeatherAngel
09-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Morning! :wave:

I love the autumn... I'm looking forward to taking my running outside a bit more this month, as well as getting in lots of doggie walks :)

Hope everyone is well!

Heather :D

meowee
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Good Morning . . . another beautiful day . . . and I've got things to do and places to go . . . See you all later . . . :wave:

jaxjob
09-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi all! :wave:

It's a great day today - all the boys in school! So I am looking forward to a run, :running: some dog walking and not so looking forward to grocery shopping! Fell off the diet this weekend somewhat, :nono: so looking to get back into it all and not see a rise on the scale Friday!

Snuggles,

Jax

settie
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

Another beautiful day here. I agree with you Heather - I love autumn, when it's not so hot but still warm enough to enjoy the outdoors.

Now that the long weekend is over my plan is to get back on track. I've had a few bad weeks as far as exercise goes. Eatings been okay but I have to get myself moving.

Have a great day, ;)

practiceliving
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Gosh, how are we into September already? Glad to report that I lost a pound over the weekend (YAY!), which is a great start to the "new" year. I always feel like back-to-school time is more of a fresh start than the real new year!

I've been to one class this morning, and the other two are later this afternoon. It's going to be a BIG adjustment to get back into school-brain; I can't believe it's only been 8 months, it feels much longer.

oldtimehockey
09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Hi, All!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! It sounds like everyone's getting some gorgeous weather; it's been beautiful here in MA, too, although it looks like the hot and muggies may be back for the weekend.

I had a pretty bad eating weekend - a big, huge party on Sunday really set me back, but the food was amazing! Marianne - I agree with you - the beginning of the school year seems much more like the time for a fresh start than the beginning of the calendar year! And, after this weekend, I really need a fresh start!

The public schools started back today, but I don't go back until next Monday (I teach in a private school). My after-school sitting jobs have started, though; I'm sitting for four different families over 5 days this school year! At least it's more money than I've been making in the past. Now maybe I'll be able to buy a scale (but do I really want to??!!).

Well, it's off to bed for me. It's great to be "back"!

Em

meowee
09-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Clock says it's morning . . . :coffee: is badly needed. Actually more sleep is badly needed, but the :coffee: will have to do, for now.

Hope the day is good for everybody . . . see you later.

practiceliving
09-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow Em, sounds like you're going to be busy! Good luck with back to school next week.

This morning the scale read my lowest weight yet, so if it sticks around til tomorrow's weigh-in, I'll be changing my ticker and doing a happy little dance! :D

meowee
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Hope today's weigh-in is great, Marianne.

Unfortunately I was up very early again . . . don't know why. At least it is a better looking day -- nice and sunny and a little warmer -- thank goodness. I do think Ontario is about to ship some hot and steamy stuff this way, though, so I'd better enjoy the cool while I can . . . :yes:

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

valpal23
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Hello Everyone

I've been aware of this thread for awhile now but never had the time to post.... or maybe I have and just completly forgot about it.

sooo.... I live in Thompson... Manitoba's 3rd largest city. I'm the tourism coordinator in the local economic development office... I grew up here and moved to the vancouver area in bc for school after high school.

Once I finished I moved back... so I live in my parent's old house with my brother and work to pay off 30 grand of student debt. I also have MS so my family is glad to have my close by where they can help me out if I get sick.

The reason I'm at 3fc is simple. I was always overweight.. but the roller coaster that is MS flare ups, symptoms and diagnosis... along with coping, self pity and depression got me to where I am now. My challenge now is to push myself with exercise... but not too much. If I overheat...MS symptoms pop up. I'm 23... and this year has been much better than last. I think I've prematurly aged and gotten to the whole 'life your best life/you arent invincible' point before a lot my peers.

Now I'm at a point where MS is manageable.. my disease modifying meds are finally manageable... I've got a routine... and I care about the future again. I knew that if I wanted to stick with my lifestyle change I would need a support group (but WW is too expensive for my taste and getting to meetings doesnt work with my schedule). So I started goggling support forums after using fitday for a couple weeks.

thats me. by the way.. I get stuck rambling pretty often. I apologize in advance!

I hope everyone had a great long weekend! I'm sad to see our 16+ hours of daylight go into hiding again but I've got an exercise plan to make it through the winter... and I'm pretty stubborn :wave: hi again!

settie
09-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Welcome Valpal - It's good to see another 'Toban on the board. I'm glad you're starting to cope a bit better with your MS. Chronic deseases are very hard to deal with. My sister has lupus and it's been hard for her to just accept it.

Good luck to all of you going back to school - either as a teacher or a student.

Have a great day, ;)

meowee
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
:welcome: VALPAL . . . so glad to having you join us . . . hope we'll all get to know you better in the near future and that we can provide you with the support you are looking for. I know I'd be lost without all my cyber-buddies here at 3FC.

Weightloss is difficult enough, but believe me, I know it is even harder when you've got extra obstacles thrown in your path -- I'm diabetic. BTW, have you discovered the Dieting with Obstacles Forum yet? Don't know for sure, but you might just discover some other MS fighters over there. I know from my activities in the Dieting with Diabetes Forum that it can really help to be able to chat with others who know exactly what you are going through.

Anyway, Chickie . . . hope you have a great evening and I'll be looking forward t seeing you again really soon . . . :hug:

oldtimehockey
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi, All -

:welcome3: ValPal! It's great to have you here! This is a great little corner of the 3FC site, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the company! Also, :congrat: for getting your MS under control. One of my best friends has MS; he's a forest ranger in his 50's, and he says he can do anything, once he puts his mind to it! And I'm sure you can, too!

Hey, I need some recipe help, PUH-LEEZ!! With my crazy schedule becoming ever-crazier, I am looking for some healthy, low-cost meals that I can prepare on a weekend and re-heat during the week for dinner. :hun: My 4 year old eats almost anything, so we don't have any dietary restrictions. Any and all recipes will be appreciated and eaten! Thanks in advance!

We had our "open house" at school today for both the Nursery class (3 and 4 year olds) and the Pre-K class (4 and 5 year olds). I know almost every child coming in, alot of "legacies" (siblings of alumni), but even the "newbies" seem ok (no cryers or whiners!). I'm looking forward to our first day on Monday.

It looks like we're going to be hit with the three H's this weekend - Hazy, Hot, and Humid. So, it's back to the beach we go - thank goodness for coastal living!

I hope everyone's doing well, and that some of the site "veterans" will check in soon, just to say "Hi"!

Em

chocco
09-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Good morning all ,

:welcome2: :welcome3: ValPal hope you enjoy this site and are able to find encouragement and inspiration here . I know I love the site . I may not post often but I love to read what fellow chickies have to say . I normally read the posts while i am having breakfast and getting ready for work .

Annette

jaxjob
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome Valpal! This is a fun place to be. Glad to hear you have a winter exercise plan, it can be tough when it's cold outside. I'm down south now but lived in both Yellowknife and northern BC before here, so the issue arose.

Well this week wasn't great - actually the weekend wasn't, so the rest of the week was damage control! With all the boys in school things are going better now, more time to run and better lunches for me.

This morning I think I'm getting a head cold :( and Kodiak was a pain in the **** so I didn't have too much sleep. We'll see how today's run goes...

Snuggles to all,
Jax

Starlet
09-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Everyone!
Thanks Meowee for showing me to this thread. I'm a Canuck and I'm definitely crazy (but in a good way)
I'm from Mississauga, Ontario :)

valpal23
09-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yay for a CDN thread :)

Settie - so you're in wpg hey? I'm down there pretty often. I was born there and lived on leila for a couple years as a youngin. I figured I had to come back to my roots because MMF paid for my final year of uni AND MB was the fastest place I could get MS drugs. Provincial pharmacare has been so good to me. I like going to the city with my parents because they always freak out about city driving... and it feels like such a small city to me (compared to urban sprawl vancouver)... I just really like the feeling of home I get from living in Manitoba:)

Meowee, My mom is a type 2 diabetic and I have a basic understanding of the frustration that comes with food and that diesease. I know it's really frustrating for her, especially when her doctor orders fasting bloodwork!

I actually headed for the dieting with obstacles forum off the bat because MS is such a huge part of my life and if I forget that I just make it worse for myself. It's a great place

oldtimehockey - it's great your friend has found a way to manage MS at that age! I know a lot of people who have to stop working because of progressive disability. It really is a strange disease.

thanks choco and jaxjob! I have definitly found encouragement and inspiration here! It's hard to do on my own... and I wanted to get going with a healthy me before it snows. Soooo easy to hibernate through oct-may.

Hey Starlet - I think I saw you post on a makeup thread... so are you a mac artist? Do you stay pretty true to the MAC brand then?

Anyways...I'm working at the town health and leisure mart this weekend... part of an office display so I'll be happy when Sunday comes around. but TGIF! Have a good weekend people. :wave:

meowee
09-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Happy Friday . . . :grouphug:

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier?

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow. :wave:

Starlet
09-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Hey Starlet - I think I saw you post on a makeup thread... so are you a mac artist? Do you stay pretty true to the MAC brand then?

I wish I was a MAC artist! LOL! I went to Sheridan College (Oakville) for a 2 yr program but found it hard to find a job in my field so I am a receptionist right now (and quite enjoying it). I am very loyal to MAC though, but I suppose the 40% discount could partially be why. They have some really neat stuff and gorgeous colours :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

oldtimehockey
09-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Hello, All!

Just a quick "cluck" before I'm off to bed.

:welcome: Starlet! I hope you enjoy this little corner of 3FC as much as I do! Everyone is very nice - kooky, but nice!!

I'll try to check in tomorrow. Good night, All!

Em

HeatherAngel
09-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Hello! :)

Welcome to Starlet and ValPal :welcome:

These (slightly) cooler mornings and evenings make me feel much more energetic... which can only be a good thing!

Hope everyone is well -
Heather :D

meowee
09-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

A little tongue in cheek :thanks: for everybody West of me (pretty much takes care of all of you) for sending this hot and sticky weather my way again.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds across the road. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down. :(

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . just finished my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I :love: blueberries.

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

Starlet
09-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I was bad this morning and weighed myself (even though I vowed to only weigh once a week) but I'm down 6 pounds from Wednesday. Being bad gave me a good payout.

meowee
09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Yipee for you, Starlet, keep doing the good stuff, Chickie . . . :high:

Starlet
09-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Went to a birthday dinner tonight and I saved my points all day so I could have some spaghetti. Everyone was ordering desserts (man did they look good!) but I resisted :)

Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!

meowee
09-09-2007, 11:12 AM

Very happy to say that our horribly sticky heat wave appears to have been a one-day affair. Seems quite normal and pleasant this morning. Additionally, the good old Fall Fair will wind-up today and then my little neighbourhood will be back to normal and pleasant (and quiet) again, too.

Nothing else exciting around here . . . as soon as my hair is dry I must venture out "blueberry picking" (at the supermarket :lol:) so I can get my "fix".

Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon. :carrot:

meowee
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi there, everybody . . . :wave:

Wow . . . it's Monday . . . and it's a gorgeous day around here. Sunny and relatively cool -- just the way I like it.

Hope everybody has a great one . . . :grouphug:

practiceliving
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Morning all!

Well it seems you all have sent the heat back out west! After a very dismal summer, Vancouver is finally hot (forecast for 31 this afternoon!) and sunny. Love it!

It was still pretty cool this morning, so I had no excuse not to go do Couch to 5K. Still chipping away at Week 1, but improving slowly. I am sooo proud of myself for doing this!

valpal23
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
afternoon :)

So I did a quick weekend project and created this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0wSjeoN_s

because i'm a volunteer board member on a local community pride project called Spirit Way.

WI was good over the weekend... pretty satisfying after a week of no lose :)
It's rainy and dark today.... or you could call it Vancouver winter. (I lived in Langley bc for 4 years and LOVED IT)... we're counting the days till it snows here. Ah well... 8 months of snow wont kill me.

I'm planning to do some pilates over the lunch hour... to get a break from my office.

Have a good day everyone!

settie
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Not much new with me. I just wanted to show off one of my new girls. Isn't she cute? ;)

We are in a much cooler stretch. Highs in the teens. I love it!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Talk soon,

meowee
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Awww . . . hmmmm . . . maybe I'd better go count my Bengals before I go to bed. :hug:

meowee
09-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

It's raining and it's supposed to continue raining for the rest of today and tomorrow. :( I did not sleep too well last night and this dreary weather is definitely adding to my feeling of sluggishness this morning. Hopefully, this too will pass. :^:

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . . :wave:

chocco
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Good morning pretty chickies , the weather looks pretty dreary with overcast skies and the barometric pressure is going to be hard on my head .
I was weighed yesterday. I lost 2 3/4lbs . I feel good about it , especially because I know I have been making more effort lately . A loss feels much better when I know I worked for it.

I hope everyone is doing well , sending everyone a little of this I guess I feel like I need some too :dust: Now I will just continue with :coffee: and enjoy the end of my summer time vacation.

Annette

chocco
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Can anyone show / explain to me how to change my weight update . s/c/g I had my husband put this in a while ago and well I am not that great at figuring these things out. :thanks: Annette

jaxjob
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Annette - go to the "user cp" tag above the postings, then to "edit profile" or "edit signature" depending on what you want to do.

Supposed to be cooler and rainy :rain: here today too, then sunny again after that. We need some rain but I hope I can get the boys to school and my run in before we get too much! :D

Jax

meowee
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Weather around here doesn't quite know what it wants to do today. One minute it's sunny, the next it's trying to rain. What it does know is that it's windy and very, very humid. Temperature is 20C already, but not expected to change much throughout the day.

Annette . . . Just to expand a little on the info provided by Jaxjob -- at the top of the page, click on "User CP" (first entry in the purple line); then click on "edit Profile". Scroll down the page a little . . . the item you want to change is the first entry under "Additional Information". Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "save changes" -- BTW, congratulations on the loss. I know what you mean about a loss feeling better when you've worked for it; but any loss is a good thing. :D

Jax :lol: . . . I'd be happy to send you some of our rain, if I could. Glad to know you will be sending me sunny and cooler soon.

Have a great day, Chickies . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

chocco
09-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Good morning all , weather is looking good today . Too bad I am going to miss out on it . I need to clean the house .

:thanks: Jax and Meowee , those directions were super helpful .

I guess I should get my :coffee: and get cleaning

Annette

meowee
09-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Went to the kitchen to get a :coffee: refill and found the freezer door open and Purrecious poking around inside. Not a fluke either, because after I removed her and made sure the door was closed, she simply popped it open again to continue her adventure. Then, when I came back up here, I couldn't figure out what the funny little noise was or where it was coming from -- until I found Frack curled up in a little storage box on the top shelf (right up at ceiling level) of the wall unit above my desk. Not even sure how she possibly got there. :shrug:

And having pets is supposed to be lowering my blood pressure. :lol:

Fall is definitely in the air -- the birds are flocking -- driving the cats absolutely insane, of course. :lol: It is a lovely sunny and coolish day. High of 18 predicted. My friend and I have another lunch and shopping tour planned.

Hope you all have a great day, too . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

jaxjob
09-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Well I did get rained on running yesterday. Ah well. Frozen by the north wind too. I need to get some cooler-weather running stuff.

Linda, your cats sound like mine. I lost one last fall to discover it inside the ceiling of the basement - we'd taken off some panels to redo the bathroom plumbing and he'd gone up there and somehow sqeezed through into another joist space. Grrrr...

And then there's the dog helping himself to cat treats this weekend - we'd redone some kitchen cupboards and the doors weren't on yet (they are now!).

Never work with children and animals. :D

On a good note - my TOPS weight was down from last week although I was wearing jeans and a shirt compared to a light summer dress last time. Yippee! :goodscale

Jax

meowee
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM

Feeling kind of crummy today . . . ache all over and have a bit of a sore throat . . . the weather is looking a lot better than I'm feeling.

Hope everybody else has a good day . . . :grouphug:

settie
09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Good morning all,

Well, I finally broke down this morning and turned the heat on. My house was at 15. It is supposed to get a bit warmer for the weekend - I'm not holding my breath.

Not much new around here. Thinking about starting to clean up the garden before we get too heavy of a frost.

Have a great day, ;)

meowee
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Good Morning -- :wave:

It's raining buckets today . . . That's okay with me since I still don't feel too great anyway. Guess I'll have a stay-at-home-and-do-nothing kind of day. Might do some laundry if I can work up the energy. :shrug:

Hope everybody else has lots of great plans . . . see you all later . . . :grouphug:

meowee
09-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi there . . . :wave: . . . Looks like it's just me, myself, and I in here this weekend. :shrug:

valpal23
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I had plans for the weekend.. it was supposed to warm up and be sunny... between 10 and 15!

Alas it didnt turn out. It's 7 and overcast but has yet to snow like it already has done both south and north of us :)

Does anybody buy instant soup from safeway or super store? I found this great blue menu vegetarian chili and 'eating right' split pea soup... they're amazing for lunch!

I hope all is well across the country. I should get some laundry done like meowee.....

Rockie86
09-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Hello folks :wave:

Some of you may remember me... I was here last spring and then *mysteriously* disappeared :p
I was in Calgary for the summer with no internet but now I'm back! With new goals and ready for a new (school) year back on the bandwagon. Hopefully with your support I won't fall off it again!! :)

Soooo nice to be in NS again though. No offense to any Calgarians in the place, your city was just not for me. Guess I'm just a small-town, east coast chick at heart!! :lol:

Good to be back :D

jaxjob
09-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

I had limited internet access this weekend since we finally put in the second of two new kitchen windows (next to the computer). It looks great. Our kitchen is slowly evolving from its prehistoric look! We have new cupboards on one side, two new windows, and a great countertop/desk area under said new window. The rest of the cupboards and new floors is the next step, when we have the $$ for it.

DS#1 has another pediatrician appt. today - hopefully I will learn more on Aspergers and some coping strategies for school. We've had a lot of meltdowns recently. :(

Rockie86 - I don't like big cities either. Calgary is 3 1/2 hours from us and we rarely go there.

Other than that we're supposed to get some rain this week. It will be nice.

Snuggles,
Jax

meowee
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

I was up nursing a diabetic hypoglycemic event from 2:30 to 4:30 and then went back to bed and didn't get up again until almost 10 . . . feels like a whole new day to me, but it will be a very short one, I guess. Hate it when that happens because everything is out of kilter for the rest of the day.

Welcome back ROCKIE . . . we missed you. I, too love Nova Scotia. Having been born and raised in Toronto, I thought I would hate 'rural NS' when I first moved here 13 or so years ago . . . but peacefullness grows on you very quickly.

Have a great one, gang . . . see you later :wave:

meowee
09-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Starlet
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I hope everyone is having a great week!

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 4 (10 in total) so I'm pretty much in a great mood today :)

blooeyedgirl
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
:carrot:!!CANADIANS!! SO GLAD I FOUND YOU!!:carrot:
I joined 3fc yesterday and I was wondering how I was going to get over some obstacles! Such as.. the weather is nice here... it's 25C. No one would know what the heck I was talking about!! I joined because I need a kick in the butt when it comes to the gym and some pats of the back when I do well.

Anyway.. I'm Jenn and I live in Oshawa, ON.. just east of The Big Smoke. My hubby and kids got me a membership at the gym for my bday (sept 1) and I can't help but think they were sick of hearing me complain about my ever expanding belly! So far I've been 8x.. had my fit test on the 7th. Can you fail a fit test? If you can.. I sure did. It was kind of embarrassing. Glad I didn't get the cute guy testing me! lol I have been working my *** off. I feel better.. my muscles are harder.. but no weight loss. I'm bummed.

Going to call a friend that used to be on WW and see if she still has her books. I might try that route. I'm pretty sure it's my eating that's pulling me down.

Glad I found you guys!
:DJenn:D

chocco
09-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Good morning all ,

Blooeyedgirl :welcome: glad to see you have found us. This is a pretty good site . I check it out every morning during breakfast before work. I love it , the girls here are very encouraging and just what I feel is needed some days . Don't forget that if you are excercising muscle weighs more than fat so if you are not watching your food intake it might seem like you are not loosing weight but with time you should still see some inches disapear . I still encourage watching your food intake . No carbs or low carbs for supper is something that works for me. Good luck

Annette

blooeyedgirl
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the welcome Annette! Good advice!

It was like the weight loss gods were listening to me yesterday. Got a random call from the gym nutritionist and he wants to give me a "free" session! He will probably tell me things I already know but I think it will be a boost. They will also try and sucker me into paying for him but I'll stand firm. Gyms's are so expensive.. I'm just going to use the machines. Just found out I have a heal spur... so walking around the block is painful in the long run. I do the low impact machines to reduce the "pound" on my feet.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a high resting heart rate. Mine is 90bpm.. resting.. so when I get on the eliptical it shoots up crazy high. Kind of alarming actually. I don't feel sick or light headed but I've been advised to keep it to about 155. This means I have to slow down. Don't really know what to do about this!

Have a good day everyone!:hug:

srmb60
09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Good morning! We are having a lovely week here. Warm in the daytime, cooler at night. Very nice for walking.

Hang in there Jenn. I used to be out of breath going upstairs to bed but now my resting pulse is about 62. Our bodies really are fabulous machines.

meowee
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Sorry I was missing yesterday . . . just became one of those busy, busy days that we all get saddled with from time to time.

:welcome: JENN . . . so glad to have you joining us . . . :wel3fc: too. You will love it here . . . just like the rest of us do . . . I'm sure.

Not too much new in Atlantic Canada . . . we are having absolutely beautiful Indian Summer weather too. Hope it continues for a long, long time. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day everybody . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
09-21-2007, 03:08 PM
:wave:

blooeyedgirl
09-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi guys!

Very warm sunny day here! I'm a fall person though.. can't wait for the nip in the air.

Went to the gym today. Had to go later because I had that appointment with the nutrionist at noon. Usually I go right after the kids leave for school.. about 8:30-9. Today I went at 10:30 and what a difference! I must prefer going first thing.
Had my workout.. did the circuit, some free weights then eliptical for 20min and the bike for 10 (if find that cools me down after the E) and headed over to my appointment.
He told me things I already know.. which I thought he would. He was pitching me on the nutrion program they have there.. for the low low price of $600 for 6 weeks! Yikes! I said no thanks.. I can handle it on my own. I thought that would be it.. he's made his pitch and I would be escorted out of the office. This guy was actually helpful. Sat and talked with me about different things, answered some of my questions.. nice chat. He was pretty young and just started there.. must be right out of school.
Up until now I have felt that if you wanted advice you were going to have to pay for it. He said some people there are like that but not all.. which is good to hear. He asked me to come to him if I have any questions about anything at all. Nice.. I'm not on my own after all!

So.. good day today!
Hope yours was the same!
j:D

meowee
09-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Good Morning again . . . :grouphug:

Still not feeling up to par . . . partly because my blood sugar levels are still being so erratic . . . hope it gets back in sync soon. At least our weather is still being really, really kind to us. Keep it coming Mama Nature. :yes:

Kittens (and cats) are being good. Eating is pretty good. Exercise (well :shrug:).

Have a great day gang . . . See you later . . . :wave:

chocco
09-23-2007, 06:54 AM
good morning all,
not much to say , hope everyone has a nice day.
Annette

meowee
09-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Gang . . . :grouphug:

Silly weather report for today says mild and sunny . . . so far it is cloudy and windy? :shrug: Just had a nice breakfast of HF cereal with mixed berries and skim milk. Pretty good eating day yesterday and the scale says 227 this morning . . . of course, since it doesn't count :(. . . by Wednesday, when it does? -- only the scale:devil: knows for sure what he may feel like by then.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for today . . . need some apples and egg whites, so guess I'll have to do a little grocery run . . . other than that SSDD. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking good time on the go. See you soon . . . :wave:

Rockie86
09-24-2007, 09:04 AM
:wave: hi folks!

Turned out to be a nice day yesterday after all... although the morning was grey and overcast and not at all what the forecast said it would be. The afternoon was luverly though... dbf and I and his family went to Pomquet beach and spent some time running around in the sand and sea! He doesn't like crabs and I found some really big ones to pick up and chase after him with... hehehe :devil:

No weight loss this week though :( ... but I wasn't really expecting any. Last week was very busy for me and I had no time to get to the gym. This week will be different! :club: I've also started a food diary, I find it helps me cut out that grazing in the middle of the day... I especially have a problem with eating while studying! :halfempty:

Hopefully next sunday I will have a loss to report! For now, it's back to work for me... hope you are all enjoying your monday! :)

jaxjob
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone,

Not a great weekend here. I'm still sick, nothing serious but can't shake this cough and no energy for exercise. So I haven't run in a week or done weights. :( Food-wise I've not really stayed on plan though I haven't overeaten, so I'm not sure how things will play out on the scales.

Also my grandmother (who is 95) is not doing well, and since she's in England there's little I can do to help. Which puts a lot of burden on my sister (her only living relative close - i.e. in the same country) and her family. For me it's just waiting for updates, but she's been taken into hospital and won't eat or drink. She's done awfully well to be living by herself up until now (she is VERY resistant to change) but things are not good now. I think the hardest thing for me is not being able to help my sister with all the stress from it.

Well that's my morning. Weather here is finally (very!) wet, and cooler. Supposed to be drier today and back to normal temps.

Jax

meowee
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Northern Nova Scotia is feeling darned cold today -- only 13 as a predicted high. If the sun would come out it might warm up a bit. Oh well, they are predicting better stuff for the rest of the week. Hope they are right.

Hi ROCKIE . . . I know if I don't write down what I eat, it's like it never passed my lips. Keep up the good work. My weight is below ticker for the second day in a row and I'm beginning to hold out hope for my 'official' number on Wednesday. :crossed:

Oh JAX :hug: . . . So sorry about your grandmother and I certainly understand your stress. When my Mother was on her downward spiral, she was in Ontario and I was in Nova Scotia. It is very hard. Hang in there, girl.

Hope everybody has a good day. Just keep doing the best you can and the rewards will follow . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee
09-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Here I am again . . . :wave:

It is Tuesday . . . the sun was shining for a few minutes, but has decided to retreat again. All is relatively quiet on the feline front -- although there was some chewing of TP going on overnight. Freckle is the prime suspect.

Nothing to much is new with me. How about you?

meowee
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

meowee
09-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Okay :o . . . I'm back and I've calmed down a little. Had coffee; wrestled the garbage to the curb; fed everybody; -- and banished the nasty scale:devil: to the corner.

After three days of reading 226 . . . now that it is my official weigh-in morning, he had the audacity to register 228 AGAIN . . . we have been doing this same routine for two month's now. Let's see how he likes standing face to the wall for a while. He won't be coming out until the end of the month -- I know, it's not far off -- but it is a Sunday (usually one of my low days). Maybe this will at least break the pattern of the personal vendetta he has going for me. Then he will return to the corner until the end of October (a Wednesday :lol:) Hopefully Mr. Scale:devil: will learn some manners by then.

Other than that, SSDD for me -- hope everybody else is having a great one -- :wave: See you later . . . :grouphug:

blooeyedgirl
09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
:(I feel guilty:(
Last time I was at the gym was Friday... had a really good workout.. saw the nutritionist.. good day.
Saturday did stuff with the kids..
Sunday went up to Burk's Falls for a family thing..
Monday, feeling kinda yucky and housework to be done.
Tuesday... stuffy head..
Today... ugh yuck.
I want to go to the gym but my energy is low and I know I'll start coughing and I'm sure other people don't want these nasty germs!
I'm still watching what I'm eating though. I weighed myself on my home scale and apparently I've lost 3lbs! Now this doesn't count.. it has to say that on the scale at the gym.. but yay for me! Once I get back to the gym I'll weigh in again (on my own.. official weigh in with them is Dec. 6....too long) and update my ticker.

Meowee... I noticed you kept calling your scale a HE. Funny... only a man could be that difficult!:dizzy:

Have a good day!:hug:

meowee
09-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Up way to early this morning -- had my coffee -- wondering what to do next. At least the scale:devil: is still safely in the corner having his little 'time-out'. So I can't even rant about him. Exercise on Thursday is usually a "shop 'til you drop" with my buddy LouLou; but today it just might be "clean the garage" instead. Will see how things feel once I find out what the weather is going to be like. It is only now starting to get light out there.

Hope you all have great plans for the day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Did both the garage shovelling and the mall crawling yesterday . . . boy was I feeling proud of myself . . . then I blew all the great calorie burning by eating a whole 600 calories of Cote d'Or, 86% cocoa, chocolate . . . tasted awfully good mind you. :o

Weather today is raining. Supposed to clear up again sometime tomorrow afternoon and be good for the rest of the weekend. :crossed: So far everything is pretty good with my world . . . did my morning exercises -- deep (better call that shallow) knee bends and some upper-body strength moves -- followed by protein pancakes for breakfast.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for the day . . . how about you?

oldtimehockey
09-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi, All -

Wow - has it been a REALLY BAD month.

Our property was hit by lightning a few weeks ago, and actually melted our phone and DSL lines, knocked out our cable t.v., and took out all the electricity for a time. I STILL have no computer (I'm babystiing overnight in a nearby town), but was able to get the phone and cable fixed after a time. The electricity was out for a day or so. The sound of the lightning hitting was shocking (no pun intended!) - it sounded like an explosion (it was about 2:00 a.m., and I actually got out of bed to see if one of my neighbors' houses had blown up). Really scary stuff.

AND, to top it all off, I've gained a bunch of weight. Goes to show you how important CFC is in keeping me on the "straight and narrow"....

Anyway -- welcome to the new folks, welcome back to the returnees, and a big "I MISSED YOU GUYS!" to all the "usual suspects"!

Say a collective prayer that I can save enough pennies for a new computer. I don't know when I'll be able to get back, so, until then, take care, and keep things moving in the right direction!

6 More Days 'Til The Puck Drops!

Em

meowee
09-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh wow . . . EM . . . be thankful for small mercies, Chickie . . . things could have been so much worse. Glad to hear nobody was hurt . . . :hug:

Well my day is not going well so far. Decided to get some exercise in before breakfast and discovered (1) my stability ball has developed a leak and (2) "somebody" chewed a hole in the video cable connecting the DVD to the TV.

Guess I'll be going shopping later this afternoon -- hope it stops raining soon, because the weather is NOT improving my disposition either.

Hope the rest of you have a great day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee
09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi there . . . it's Sunday . . . looks like I'm talking to myself again . . . have a great day, gang. See you later . . . :wave:

blooeyedgirl
09-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi guys!
Feeling a bit better today.. still coughing though. Made it the the gym finally for a light work out to kind of test my chest. I had the whole place to myself! I was only there for half an hour but upped my weights and did them to muscle fail. That's something they tell you you're suppsed to do but I've haven't.. I don't like that feeling. I was very surprised that I could push over 90lbs with my legs!!
So.. I am now very wobbley!
Going to be a great day here today. Nice cool breeze, warm sun and today is the day I get my very first car... EVER!! So excited!! Look out pedestrians... I'm on the move!!
Have a nice day ladies!

Starlet
09-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Been a long weekend for me, was in the ER last night for chest pains. Luckily it's not my heart just part of my hiatus hernia symptoms. Gives me a good excuse to be lazy though LOL.. also I'm down 15 pounds total now. I feel so far away from goal but I'm still positive about it.

practiceliving
09-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Just a quick check-in - just got home from a weekend at Brownie camp! Thank God we "camp" in buildings, because it poured all weekend.

Starlet - glad things went ok at the ER!

meowee
10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Okay . . . it is that time again . . . here's the link to our OCTOBER thread . . . see you all over there, gang . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1875482#post1875482