100 lb. Club - September NSV'S

View Full Version : September NSV'S

Sandi
09-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of provoking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.

PeggyP
09-01-2007, 07:05 PM
In the August NSV's thread, I mentioned how I fit in my old 18W jeans...today I fit...well at least zipped up...my old 16w's! Three weeks ago I got them up but couldn't even THINK about getting them closed....Granted I can't breathe very well with them zipped, but hey, I'll take it!!

thistoo
09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Last weekend my mom was rushed to the ER and we found out she has ovarian cancer. My sister and I went to Florida to be with my parents, and it was very tempting to stress eat while we were waiting to find out the prognosis. I didn't do as well as I could have while we were on the road, but I stuck mostly to plan and even managed to work out once. So I'm calling it a victory and getting back on my workout plan now that I'm back home and my mom is on the road to recovery.

Gale02
09-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I did a WATP DVD for the first time last night and made it through the 3 mile workout. I think I'm going for the 4 mile today just to see if I can do it! I love being able to mix up my workouts, knowing I can do what's coming. I alternate between running, volleyball, step and now this WATP DVD definitely has a place in my weekly schedule.

NickiB68
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Instead of reaching for ice cream tonight, I grabbed some cantaloupe. Then I sat outside enjoying the evening breeze. I was wearing a cool, tank-style dress. My daughter sat down next to me and told me 'your dress is bigger on you now'! I could have cried!

xJox
09-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I walked 2 miles at the church today and really wasnt tired at all. I could have easily done another mile or more, but it was getting dark and I was alone.

Gale02
09-02-2007, 06:22 AM
I did the 4 mile WATP Super Challenge tonight, I feel good!

jtammy
09-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I bought 3 shirts last week, all size MEDIUM. :carrot: :carrot: The week before I also bought a pair of pants for "someday" in a size 12. They were a really good buy and a brand that I wear often to work. I brought them home and they fit. Tighter than what I will wear in public, but I was so happy to know that they button, zip and I could breathe!

Melgettinthin
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Went to my new gym today for the first time (post gym induction) and had a 40-minute aerobic session followed by 20 minutes weight training. Yay me!

Cassie501107
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
My endurance is improving! I can exercise for longer periods of time now. :D

LisaMarie71
09-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Ok, I've been waiting all summer to post this NSV...

I ran my first half marathon today!! :carrot:

I did it in 2:32:52, and I didn't walk at all, so I'm quite happy! And hey, I actually didn't collapse and die on the boardwalk in the bright bright sun!

Cassie501107
09-02-2007, 03:52 PM
That's wonderful, LisaMarie! Congrats!

I fit into some panties that used to be too tight today.:o

Schmoodle
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I had a fun NSV this weekend. I had two boxes of clothes in the attic that were too small, got one out and tried everything on, and about 2/3 of it fit! So I've got some new nighties, skirts, and work tops to wear this week, almost like I hit the Labor Day sales (like I wanted to)! I can't wait to see what's in the other box!

NickiB68
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Yaay LisaMarie! How wonderful!

During church today, I noticed my skirt was slipping down. Its a 14/16, elastic waist. Then I had someone tell me they could notice I had lost a lot of weight. So I came right home and hit my closet. I drug out ALL my pants and jeans to try them on. I had a pair of 22W khakis that had stretch to them. I filled those buggers out too....today they hung on me. No tight thighs or butt! SLid right down w/o unzipping!!! I had new pants I bought in Feb that were too tight. Then it got hot...now they are too big! So I have a pile to donate, a pile for eBay and a bag in the trash.

The icing on my clothing cake is....a pair of size 16 (no W) Eddie Bauer jeans that were given to me last year....that FIT! Bye-Bye 18's.....hello 16...see you soon 14's!!!!

traci in training
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Great job, LisaMarie! Congratulations! You will be a serious inspiration to those cross country kids.

Nicki - isn't it just the best feeling to kiss that W good-bye?

MamaSam
09-02-2007, 11:19 PM
In every diet I've ever been on, I do well unto some big occasion and then I blow it and end up quitting. Yesterday, we had a housefull of guests with food everywhere and for some reason, I didn't eat one bite that was off plan.. not even one chip! I made my daughter's cake and didn't lick the frosting. I went to bed last night feeling so triumphant I almost couldn't sleep. That feeling was so much sweeter than the frosting would have been. I want to remember this for a long time.

Thanks for letting me share this! I don't know anyone who would understand what a big deal this is for me.

blessings,
Samantha:dance:

jtammy
09-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok, I've been waiting all summer to post this NSV...

I ran my first half marathon today!! :carrot:

I did it in 2:32:52, and I didn't walk at all, so I'm quite happy! And hey, I actually didn't collapse and die on the boardwalk in the bright bright sun!

Lisa Marie, Great job!! I'm just being nosey here, but did you decide to take the job as track coach (or something like that)? I remember reading that you were considering it, but I haven't seen where you decided what to do. Just curious, I know you would be very inspirational to young adults needing to get fit.

jtammy
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
In every diet I've ever been on, I do well unto some big occasion and then I blow it and end up quitting. Yesterday, we had a housefull of guests with food everywhere and for some reason, I didn't eat one bite that was off plan.. not even one chip! I made my daughter's cake and didn't lick the frosting. I went to bed last night feeling so triumphant I almost couldn't sleep. That feeling was so much sweeter than the frosting would have been. I want to remember this for a long time.

Thanks for letting me share this! I don't know anyone who would understand what a big deal this is for me.

blessings,
Samantha:dance:

Sam, that's wonderful. Keep it up. We understand how great that feels. :)

Gale02
09-03-2007, 01:45 AM
:cheer2::cheer2: WTG LisaMarie!! :cheer2::cheer2:

One of my goals is to someday run a half, you're such a great inspiration! (I can only run about 3 miles continuously right now.)

LaurieDawn
09-03-2007, 03:33 AM
What incredible NSVs! Lisa - A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've worked so hard for this amazing accomplishment!

Samantha - I so know what a victory you had! In fact, I'm a little jealous of it, because even months into this, I still struggle with in-my-face temptation like that. Incredible stuff - although I do want to add the caveat that even if you had slipped off plan a bit, we would have been very proud of you for getting back on plan the next day, as all of us slip up occasionally. Great work!

My NSV - I have been wanting to post compliment NSVs since I started this - only people just haven't been cooperating with me. Today, I received my second non-family weight loss compliment! And just on this board, I want to say - It is about time they all started noticing!

rakel
09-03-2007, 05:33 AM
I wore some pants today that previously were a bit tight, and now they are too lose. I had to keep pulling them up. I'm amazed because I've only lost about 14lbs. It kinda sucks because now I am in between sizes again (between 24 and 22), but I guess I will have to get used to our friend Mr. Belt. lol.

LisaMarie71
09-03-2007, 07:58 AM
That feeling was so much sweeter than the frosting would have been.

I love this -- it really says it all, doesn't it? We're trading eating whatever we want for a feeling that's sooooo much better, for a LIFE that's so much better!! Congratulations on being so committed, Samantha!!

rakel -- congrats on the loose pants -- wonderful feeling, huh? :)

LaurieDawn -- so glad you're getting some well-deserved non-family compliments!!

gale -- don't worry, in no time you'll be upping that mileage. And 3 miles is nothing to sneeze at anyway! Do you know how many people couldn't even consider running 3 miles?

jtammy and everyone else -- thank you so much for congratulating me on my half! And yes, I did take the assistant cross country coaching position and it has been wonderful. It's making me VERY busy already, though, and of course there are some fast boys who don't take me all that seriously...but I think some of the girls are listening to me and they're really learning about pacing from me. When this old lady passes them all up because they wear themselves out and have to stop and walk, it's a good lesson for them!

I have to add to this already long post -- I looked at the race results and I finished somewhere in the top half of the pack. 11,000 something out of about 25,000 runners. My husband finished 650th or something, but for me, I'm just excited to be in the top half!! I was 875th in my division (35-39 year old females, of which there were about 1600). My husband was 100th in his. It really does feel pretty amazing to have done this, and to have done reasonably well...to have pushed myself to get a certain time and actually achieve it.

royalsfan1
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
OMG Lisa!!! That is so great!!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you!!!!!

Hope20
09-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Congratulations everyone on there success it is really great to know other people are making progress. Just need to hang on. I wish this was a "My pants are loser on me" nsv but when I went to san diego this weekend with my family I was really sick and it was hot and humid, I still managed to keep up with my husband and lil boy walking up and down the hills and also up and down all the stairs. For two day in a row:)

I know that if I had not been working out for the past 6 weeks that I would not have been able to keep up at all and while I was sick too :)

hellokitty81668
09-04-2007, 06:58 AM
I have a good Nsv, Sunday and Monday I went hiking on some trails near my house( nothing too steep, but there were some hills), and before I would have been all sweaty and tired, I walked 2 hrs both days and could have gone on, but dd got tired. We plan on going back weekly until DD gets used to the walk( one trail has 5.2 miles one way), so i am feeling pretty good, before I would have gone back in 20 minutes, plus the steep hills, I would ask help with from hubby , no more I just jogged up.
cheryl

gr8smyl99
09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
My NSV is for this past week - and it has to do with starting each day the right way! For me - the beginning of the day "sets the tone" - so a bad choice breakfast usually snowballs into an eating-fest for the entire day.

I had 7 good breakfasts this week, and I'm looking forward to 7 more this week!!

And even though I only lost a pound, I feel less bloated & gross.

modkittn
09-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I went clothes shopping this weekend and bought pants that were a size 8 and tops that were all mediums. When I was at my highest, I was in 16Ws and 1X tops!

Gale02
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah buddy! http://www.runningforums.com/uploads/smilies2/bananadance.gif I bought jeans yesterday and bought a size 16 (no W or anything) with NO STRETCH in them! This is the first time in... 5 years? I've owned a pair of jeans with not a stitch of spandex in them. I love it! :D

royalsfan1
09-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I had to finally take my rings in for sizing, yesterday. I figure, if I lose 40 pounds and it needs to be done again that will be less expensive than replacing them if I lose them. I've come VERY close several times...once on a roller coaster! So, anyway, they WERE size 7.5....they're NOW size 5.5!!!!! He said he'd go to a 5!!!! But, I was leery because I'm afraid of swelling on some days and them being uncomfortable. He didn't think it was an issue but he deferred to me because he didn't think 5.5 would be big enough to just fall off...he just thinks that when I lose 40 more pounds I'll likely be back. :) Who cares??? 5.5....that's GREAT!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I had to finally take my rings in for sizing, yesterday.

Congratulations, Tricia! I cant wait to have that NSV....or just have an NSV that I could get my wedding rings onto my fingers again. Its been over 1 1/2 years now.

Fooled
09-06-2007, 09:07 AM
I've got a lot less arm flab. Hee! But seriously, I hadn't really noticed it, and then I had a mosquito bite and I scratched it and I was like Hey!!! Also, this weekend I went through room, including my bureau and closet, to clean everything out and somehow it turned into "Let's see what fits me now!" day and I ended up trying on about 75% of the stuff in my closet and bureau, and now I found some old jeans that fit better than my bigger ones (which I'd been walking around with a hand at my waist to hold them up). And a shirt that a friend gave me that I've never been able to wear (and I was ashamed of this fact and never told her) fits. It is still pretty snug, but considering before I couldn't get it over my shoulders before without hearing the seems start to strain (you know that noise?) I'm way happy about it.

LisaMarie71
09-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats on all these great NSVs, everyone!

Tricia, the ring NSV is great. My rings are so loose now that I can barely keep them on, so I need to have them sized down as well but I haven't yet. I can remember when I broke my ankle a few years ago and they told me to take all my rings off for the surgery. The night before, my husband and I struggled and struggled to get my wedding rings off. It was embarrassing and awful, and I didn't put it back on for over a year because it wouldn't fit. Now it's falling off!

Yesterday at our cross country meet, a student's father came up to us and said to my husband: "Does your wife know you're here with this young lady?" He was teasing me because I look so different, and he told me that what I've done is amazing. I seem to get a lot of compliments from students' parents -- some of them hadn't seen me since last cross country season a year ago, so they're quite shocked. Yay!

Gale02
09-07-2007, 01:34 AM
A girl at work told me today she thinks I look 19. That felt good. :) It seems that the days of people thinking I'm 30 are over, now people think I'm younger than I am! I look at pictures of myself 55 lbs ago and I see why people thought I was older than I am, the weight really did age me. I wonder how old I'll look another 50 lbs from now?

FresnoBeeDude
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Before I mention my NSV, let me start off by saying that in the mid 90's when I first got my drivers license, I had to lie to the DMV. I told them I weighed 350lbs. I honestly had no idea what I weighed, I hadn't been able to way myself for a few years prior to that, as the doctor's scales did not support anything past 350.

Fast forward to 9/6/07. I am writing a check at a grocery store and I nervously handed the clerk my drivers license. I say this, because even i notice the big changes. I am afraid that one day my license won't be accepted because "thats not you". Anyways the girl looked at my license and said, "you've lost alot of weight!" I then told her what I have been up to the past year and a 1/2, and my dreams of getting on Oprah. She was genuinely impressed with my story. I told her I lost 1/2 my weight I was at 510lbs, now I am at 255lbs. Her response? "you do not look like you weigh that much"

I really need to contact DMV and request a new license soon. I also need to notify my bank (a 2004 picture is on my ATM card - MAJOR changes!)

thistoo
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
This one is kind of silly, but it's sort of a milestone for me commitment-wise. My big downfall when it comes to food is donuts. I stay far, far away from them under normal circumstances, because I know how hard it is for me to resist them. I will binge on donut holes like no other food, and it's gross and almost makes me feel horrible so I do everything I can not to trigger that behavior.

Anyway, once a month we have a staff meeting and my supervisor always brings in two dozen donuts. First of all, there are only twelve of us to begin with, and we don't even go through one dozen donuts during the meeting, so two dozen seems a little ridiculous. But she brings them in, and they sit there on the table in front of us, and everybody in my department likes to tease me because they know that a) I'm dieting, and b) I cannot resist donuts. So of course the box ends up in front of me.

But this morning I resisted. I wanted a donut (there was one with jimmies and I love that kind most of all), and it's my high calorie day so I could have justified it. But I already spent my junk calories for the day on a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, so I did not have a donut. A small victory, but I'll take what I can get.

gr8smyl99
09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
My NSV is happening right now - and it is my resisting the temptation of chocolate in response to MAJOR work STRESS!!!! I figure if I'm writing it here - then I'm not in the kitchen stuffing my face with chocolate!!!!!

JustSharing83
09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I have always hated booths in restaurants, especially if I have to share my side with someone... My boyfriend and I on one side has been a nightmare for me, my stomach would touch the table and I didn't have room to move my arms.

Well, the bf's family was in town and we ate out twice, both times we sat at booths and I didn't have a problem at either! There was decent space between myself and the table and I actually had to reach over to touch my bf!

BattleAx
09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I went to 3 restaurants yesterday-two for work-related meals, and one for dinner with a friend.

I stayed on plan.

NickiB68
09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I've posted about my clothes size changing, so forgive if I am repeating myself. I still can't get over the fact that I fit into a pair of 16 MISSES jeans....ok, they do have stretch in them, but they FIT! :D

And to add to that....I went shoe shopping last night. I wear an 11W....that dreaded W again! I saw the cutest pair of pumps...only in an 11. I decided to try them on any way, and because of the style..they fit! :dance: My feet are losing weight too!

LaurieDawn
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Yay, Nicki! I'm a little jealous of those teeny tiny pants you're wearing - hopefully I'll get there soon. And shoes, too? You go, girl! And, Caroline, resisting donuts when they're put right in front of you. How amazing is that? I dreamed about donuts last night, and I was mad because I ate one in my dream. Then, after I woke up, I was mad again because I felt guilty about it in the dream and only ate one. At least I should be able to enjoy a really guilt-free donut frenzy when I'm dreaming!

My NSV - I just got a story published in a book! I only write for publication occasionally, so it's a big deal for me to get one placed. Yahoo! Now, though, my local newspaper wants a head shot of me for a blurb in the paper. **SIGH** It always seems to come around to the weight loss, huh? At least now, I have removed a chin or two from the way that shot would have looked a few months ago.

CLCSC145
09-08-2007, 03:54 PM
That's wonderful, LaurieDawn!!! Congratulations! (on both the publishing AND losing a chin or two! ;))

LisaMarie71
09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Congratulations, LaurieDawn! That's wonderful!!

I ran into a friend today, and she said "You're wasting away to nothing!" Good compliment, but so not true!

Yesterday I changed into my shorts to run with my students and a coworker said "Your legs look AWESOME!" I seriously wanted to kiss her. :lol:

Oh, and I tried on clothes today, thinking I'd have to buy all 12 pants and maybe squeeze into a few 10s. One pair of size 12s was tight, but at another store some 10 pants were BAGGY. I had to get the size 8! Sizes vary so much it's crazy. I was excited to get an 8. I have a few of them, but it's still a thrill every time!

NickiB68
09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Yaay LaurieDawn on getting your story published!

LisaMarie....8's!!!!! How thrilling!

tolose85
09-08-2007, 10:11 PM
My NSV .... Staying EXACTLY to plan on my birthday weekend! AND walking 4 miles my first week back to the grind... Even with my big butt... I still managed to do it! YEA ME!

Congrats to all you LOSERS! My inspiration!

Idealmuse
09-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Just a few for me this week...

-Did my first Cathe Step Tape. It's her basic step one but if you know who Cathe is at all even her beginner stuff is alittle tricky.

-Did my first Advanced Turbo Jam tape and LOooooove it (Punch, Kick, Jam)

- Dusted off my rebounded after doing that turbo jam and did another 20+ mins!! :)

- Wearing one of my husbands tshirts which is a large... its form fitting, but hey it fits! (It's a lost tshirt)

rknight
09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
My first NSV - not eating ice cream. Everyone was gone. Normally when I'm alone, that's my eating time. Ice cream, cookies, etc. I had to go to Wally World milk, etc. I even looked at the ice cream - deciding what kind I wanted - and then just put it down. I didn't get it!!! YEAH for me!!!

thistoo
09-09-2007, 09:46 AM
LaurieDawn, congratulations! How exciting for you. And maybe your picture in the paper will surprise you.

Renee: Way to resist the ice cream! I have stood in your shoes an heard that siren call myself, so I know just how hard it can be.

Since the scale refuses to cooperate (so frustrated!) I will post another NSV that happened on Friday. When I first started my job in March, I told myself to be healthy and take the stairs whenever I had to go to the third floor. Well, I did it, but once I got there I had to hope I wouldn't run into anyone who wanted to talk (or even say hi) before my lungs stopped burning. Nothing quite as humiliating as trying to pretend you're not winded when you obviously are.

But Friday I took the stairs (it's 45 stairs, I think) and when I got to the top I was barely breathing hard! So I'm not losing weight, but my lung capacity is finally increasing. I have asthma-related issues, so that's a big deal for me. I'm going to The Bahamas in October and I'm planning to climb the Queen's Staircase (65 stairs), and now I'm confident that I will actually be able to do it.

traci in training
09-09-2007, 10:21 AM
We met some friends at a bike trail yesterday and I rode my bike 24.8 miles. Big deal for me. No lasting damage - just a sore knee this morning. Should have ridden in a lower gear more, I guess.

A published author, LaurieDawn??? I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! I'm a huge reader, so how about details so we can read your story?

And can we just maybe have a permanent list like the onederland list for those of us who are so %$@& happy to fit in booths again? Who would have ever thought that would be one of those things that matters so much? Everytime I read how someone had a good booth experience, I relive the first time DH and I went to Applebee's and looked at each other across the booth with the "WE FIT!" smile. Too cool!

Fooled
09-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I worked on a day that I normally don't work this week and so I saw some people that I don't see on a regular basis. It's only been a few weeks, if that, since I last worked on this day but everyone was noticing. One person even said "I wasn't sure it was even you!" This week seems to be my week for a lot of people noticing.

And I literally had a no scale victory. I had an awful week last week, and part of it, I'm sure was because I weighed myself more than the once a week WW meeting weigh-in. And the other day I saw the scale in the bathroom and it was just so easy to get on and weigh myself and see how I was doing, and I actually got up on the scale to see what it said but before it could settle on a number I realized this was not a good idea (for me, anyway) and got off before I could read anything, and I feel so much better for not doing it.

hellokitty81668
09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
I bought a pair of pants last month at T.J. Maxx and put them in lay away , today I took them out, figuring I would use them as part of my winter clothes, they are a size 18 w. I tried them on for fun, they fit!!!!!!:D . They are a little snug, probably fit better when I loose another 8 lbs or so, but I have not been a size 18 in 12 yrs. I started crying, I just felt so happy!!!
Cheryl

xJox
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Awesome NSV's everyone. This thread really helps me out alot. I love to come and read these. Such inspiration.

I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and put them on. I thought they were a different pair. They were real tight, but they buttoned and zipped. I kinda looked like a muffin. So I get aggrevated and pull them off. I look at the tag and then I am excited. They were a 20!!! I actually fit big arse into a 20. Granted they were tight, but they DID button and they DID zip!!! Its been 5 years since Ive even been able to get in that size!

Dont ask why Ive held on to a pair of jeans thats too small for 5 years. lol.. Seriously.. I loved the jeans and hoped Id someday be able to wear them again.

Gale02
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Alana Jo, first of all congratulations on the 20, that's exciting!

I think nearly all of us have held onto clothes for a very long time. My goal jeans are a pair I've had for 8 years... and haven't fit into for 6. They're pretty out of style, but it's a good way to measure when I get there. Those are the last pair of jeans I remember feeling really, really good in.

Gale02
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I had a great NSV today. DH and I went climbing and I was able to finish a climb I couldn't last time we were there and was able to get halfway up a climb I couldn't even start last time. I think I could have finished it but I started feeling sick for some reason. I'm definitely going to conquer that one next time I'm there. But for now, I'm making progress!! :D

thistoo
09-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Dont ask why Ive held on to a pair of jeans thats too small for 5 years.

I have pants that are a lot older than five years old, and they're a size 12, which I've *never* fit in! They used to be my sister's, and all these years they have hung in my closet for alleged inspiration. Considering they've been there since high school, they're not that inspirational, but I figure I've had them this long, might as well keep them around ;)

And while I'm here, I'll report that I ran ten minutes without stopping at the gym today. That's a record for me, so even if I'm not losing weight, at least I'm making progress with my fitness levels.

nicolen
09-10-2007, 02:37 AM
I walked to work today - just over 4 miles.

hellokitty81668
09-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Great NSV's everyone.
I wanted to post that Friday night I ran into a friend that I haven't seen since last July and she told me I looked great, and ask how I was doing it? I told her being active, going hiking at parks ect.. She said we are going to have to get together so she can walk with me. So this is the first person outside the family who has noticed this weight loss:carrot: . Cheryl

royalsfan1
09-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Last night we took our kids to the theater to see "The Lion King". Not only was the production absolutely FABULOUS, but I was totally comfortable throughout the entire evening!!! Last time we went to the theater, the seats hurt my hips and I was trying to wiggle the entire time to find some relief. Last night there was PLENTY of room to spare on both sides of me! In fact, so much room that I had to go and see the section we sat in last time to see if the seats were constructed differently. They weren't. I am!

Oh, and one last thing. I was wearing a sz 14 skirt!!!! No, 14 is NOT my size in pants or anything...but this skirt was perfectly FINE!!! :) Gotta love it!

Cassie501107
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
My exercise endurance has gone up significantly! I used to do a 1 mile Leslie Sansone DVD and be worn out...I can now do 4 miles...for a 250lb gal, I think that's pretty cool.:cool:

wisher
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
I went shopping today and some of the size 12 pants I tried on fit! I found one great pair that fit like a glove, I was soooo excited! Some of them were still too small but it works that way with the 14's I try on too, some fit great, others are too big. So I guess instead of a solid size 14 I've worked my way down to a 12/14. LOVE IT!

wanna b thin
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Congratulations LaurieDawn, I'll have to look for the book.

Last weekend we camped close to home so we could attend a wedding. Without trying it on I took a dress that I had bought for a special event in March. My weight loss has only been about 10 pounds since then so I thought it would still fit fine. Well I wore the dress to the wedding but it was really big on me. I am really loosing inches even though the scale is moving very slowly.

xJox
09-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Congratulations LaurieDawn, I'll have to look for the book.

Last weekend we camped close to home so we could attend a wedding. Without trying it on I took a dress that I had bought for a special event in March. My weight loss has only been about 10 pounds since then so I thought it would still fit fine. Well I wore the dress to the wedding but it was really big on me. I am really loosing inches even though the scale is moving very slowly.

Thats awesome!!!! :carrot: Makes ya feel wonderful doesnt it?

gr8smyl99
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM
My biggest challenge is the morning.... I often find myself wanting yummy's in the a.m. on my way to work. Today was one of those days, and instead of going to work passing many bagel shops / bakeries - i detoured a little bit out of the way - only a few minutes - and skipped all temptation!!

FresnoBeeDude
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
This will be my 1st food related NSV. While at work yesterday I was hungry and tired when I went on my break. Unfortunately the vending machines are very limited in health food choices. In fact, they have ZERO choices. Plus the fact that you cannot read the nutritional label. I knew I needed some protein. I will try to read the packages and try to make my decision based on the labels promise, "Reduced Fat", "50% less calories", "Fat Free". I knew peanuts were high in protein, so I chose a 75c package of salty peanuts (even though I stay away from sodium - but I figured oh well). When I received my peanuts I quickly read the label. 30g of fat (I can't distinguish between the good and the bad stuff yet, the label made no reference to unsaturated)! 340 calories. Sodium seemed low to me at 180g. Carbs 9g, fiber 5g, and a whopping 18g of protein.

This seemed like a perfect treat based on the protein and the high fiber, but I could not convince myself to eat 340 calories (heck my lunch of a Lean Cuisne meal and a Weight Watchers Yogurt, and a can of diet cola was only 280 calories!) and 30g of fat. I ate 1/2 the package, and thought of doing 1 of 2 things. 1) Save the rest, eat it later (grandma always said to finish the plate as there are starving kids in this world). 2) Throw it away and keep the wrapper to write in my journal later.

I happily poured out the contents into the trash! 37.5 cents is easier to replace then 170 calories/15g of fat.

Unfortunately due to the sodium I developed a canker sore.

LaurieDawn
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Great job on throwing away the unwanted food. This is a tough, tough thing for me, but I think you're absolutely right about the 37.5 cents being easier to replace than the fat and calories! Just a quick rule of thumb on good fats vs. bad fats. If the source is plant food, then it's usually good fat. If the source is animal food, then it tends to be saturated fat. This is, of course, very general. For example, salmon has omega 3, which is supposed to be very good, and all plant fats are not the same, and mega-doses of any oil (like you'd get in french fries) are not desirable, but it does give you a general idea...

denialisnthappiness
09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I ran half a mile.

It's not much (at all) but I'm getting there. I walk/jog three and a half miles every day before work and am working on being able to run it all one day.

It felt good :)

LisaMarie71
09-11-2007, 07:13 PM
denial, that's wonderful!! Yay for running!! :carrot:

One of my students today told me how much he respected me as a runner, which was cool...especially because he's one of the best runners on our team.

Another former student passed by me and said, "Hey, Mrs. ________, all 102 pounds of you." Ha!

Even better, another teacher told me I inspired her to start walking and get healthy. She said she's going to stop making excuses because if I could make the decision to make time for it, then she can too. She kept telling herself that as a teacher she was too busy, but then she remembered that I'm just as busy but I made time. I told her you just have to decide that NOTHING is going to get in the way of your health. I love that she was able to get inspired by what I've done.

nicolen
09-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Lisa, those are awesome!

I've just had to drop my ring off to be resized. It's getting far too big that I was afraid I'd lose it.

RitzyFritz
09-12-2007, 05:03 AM
WOW! This thread never ceases to amaze me! Many "unsung heroes" here!!! You all are so inspirational.

As for my NSV, I have suddenly had SO MANY people come out of the wood work and tell me how "skinny" I am becoming and that I'm just "dropping the pounds." LOL!! I usually just laugh at this because I don't feel as dramatically reduced as they usually say it, but it sure is a confidence booster nonetheless! :D

Also, I have had people come up to me lately that VERY RARELY talk to me otherwise and ask me "So, what is your secret?" or "Okay, you gotta tell me what you are doing to drop all that weight." It is SOOOOO funny to watch their faces as I tell them it is just good, old fashioned healthy eating and counting calories. I think too many are still looking for the nonexistent "magic pill." ;)

MarinePrincess
09-12-2007, 07:03 AM
I did two, count 'em, two TurboJam sessions today (CardioParty and AbJam). AND I'm going to the gym after work with DH! I'm happy to be feeling motivated and fit. My endurance is through the roof too!

Mrs Quadcrew
09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
This is a goofy one.....we went to a buffet for dinner the other night, and the OLD me would have worn something with some "stretch" to it ~ I grabbed a pair of DH's size 38 Levi's and put them on, and off we went. I now still am a "volume" eater, but I now eat huge servings of vegies instead of the fattening stuff!

Janny O
09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I just got an NSV 15 minutes ago. A coworker who doesn't see me often came up to me and said "what are you doing?" I said "right now I'm working on such and such" He said "NO" You look fantastic!! He said it 3 times. I could feel my face getting red cuz I thought he was talking about work.
I'm in my big ole T-shirt that hangs on me like a bag! (It's just too hot to dress up right now). Wait until tomorrow-I have to go to a conference offsite and I really have to dress up. Better get use to it fellas!

Cassie501107
09-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Today, I wanted pizza. I had it in my hand, heading toward my already-salivating mouth. And then I stopped. I fought it!:carrot:

JustSharing83
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I tried on my winter coat today, it's men's Nike XXL. It was so baggy!

I don't like women's coats because they tend to be too short, so when at Wal-Mart, I tried on some men's coats just to get an idea of the sizes. I usually always bought 3XL from there, even in the men's section. So I put on XXL thinking maybe it would be the right size. Nope! Too big! The XL fit perfectly.

wanna b thin
09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
I have walked through my service managers office no less than a dozen times today, there has been a cake with lots of yummy looking frosting, sitting on the counter for anyone to share. I have not touched it, but boy I'm I glad he has left and the cake is gone.

Last night I had dinner with my Red Hat chapter for the first time since June. As soon as I walked in one of the ladies said "Sharon I have a personal questions for you, how much weight have you lost? You look great." I have only lost 6 pounds since I saw her last but I think my body is still toning and catching up since I am working out each day. The compliments continued thoughout the evening. Oh, before I got there I stoped at a store to waste a little time, so I tried on some jeans to see what size I can fit into. When I started this journey I was wearing a Womens 24 or 26 and I fit into a Misses 16. I didn' buy them, they were too long, but they fit

xJox
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
From my blog

I really needed some clothes. My bras were getting holes in them and so loose. The girls were down around my waist. lol. kidding. They arent that big. My panties were so baggy it looked like I was carrying a load, my jeans looked the same way. My shirts are all getting loose (but not as much as the rest) and they are worn out. I hate spending a penny on myself. I always see things we need around the house, the things the kids need, or Michael needs, even things the kids want. I really couldnt afford to buy anything new, but I was in rags. (maybe not rags, but old, faded, dingy, clothes).

We went to JcPenny first. Lord the boys were soooooo wild. I was ready to cry, cuss, or scream when we got out of there. I hate stores that dont have buggies. I got a new pair of running shoes (nike), and a pair of jeans there. I stopped by Cato and Fashion Bug, but I couldnt find anything that suited me. We went to Walmart to get groceries and I ended up getting a few more things there. Panties, Bras, Socks, 3 shirts.

When I started this journey I was in a 26 jeans. Today I bought 22s that were big on me. I tried on the 20s and they fit; but I dont like anything the least big snug on me. I got the 22s. Ill have to wear a belt with them before long though. I went down a size in panties and I still got the same size bra, but instead of snapping it on the last setting (of 4) I could snap it on the first set. I still got a 3x in shirts. Like I said, I cant do snug. Im just not a snug fitting person. When I started this I was in a tight 3x shirt. Just knowing that I couldnt find a shirt big enough to fit me at Walmart was enough to push me over the edge. So today I picked up 3x shirts, and they are loose, but thats the way I like them. I could have wore a 2x but I wouldnt have felt comfortable in them just yet.

I went around the whole time I was shopping pulling up my shorts. They would not stay on me. They are 24 W. They seriously are so loose. When I put on the 20s Michael was like WOW those look great. I originally tried on a 24, they were too big, a 22 was loose, and I went back a 3rd time and got a 2o. A good friend of ours was working and asked if I was shopping for myself. I said yeah, just have to keep coming back for smaller sizes. Now thats a good feeling!

hellokitty81668
09-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Alana jo
great post!! Congrats on the NSV!!
cheryl

finn
09-13-2007, 09:16 AM
On Monday in the gym a woman stopped me and asked me a question about about the equipment...when I looked confused the woman said 'you do work here, right?' - HA! I got mistaken for one of the fit super toned trainers in the gym! Well thats the way I'm taking it anyways :-)

lilybelle
09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
I haven't posted here in a while cause I was off track . I'm now full force on track. Doing SB like my Dr. advised. My eating is what it should be and I'm hitting the trail walking or the treadmill again at least 4 nights a week. It feels so good to be back. As a side note, the scale is being overly generous with my progress.

AlanaJo, your post is so inspirational, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you were able to get you some new clothes and feel better about yourself. You deserve it.

Sandi
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I hope food NSV's count.

Yesterday there were donuts at work and I didn't even look twice at them.

And today my apple that I had brought for a snack was gross and the healthiest thing in the building was a sweet and salty mix @ 290 calories. I count calories and that's pretty high for a snack (plus we are going out to dinner tonight). So I got the Sweet & Salty and just ate 1/2. Me...I ate 1/2. I figure I'll have the rest for my afternoon snack. :carrot:

royalsfan1
09-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I've been getting TONS of compliments lately. I think it's because I moved to the next size down in my closet. It really is amazing to me that clothes that fit make me look THINNER and clothes that are bulky to "hide" my flaws actually just make me look FATTER!!! My 9 yr old daughter even noticed when she said "Wow mom, that tighter shirt makes it look like you lost 30 pounds while I was at school!" I've got to get this through my head....clothes that fit WORK for me!

Anyway, back to the compliments... Yesterday our youth minister's wife (a good friend of mine, anyway) called me and said, "OK, Tricia, WHAT were you wearing Sunday because "R" came home and said you looked HOT!" hahahahahha Me?????? HOT??!! Now, that is something that I haven't heard (outside of my own bedroom....hehe...;) ) in a LONG time!

LondonJulz
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
A couple from me...

I had to recalculate how many WW points I'm allowed in a day because I've lost weight, so I now have new points to work with.

My mother-in-law (of all people) told me she could tell I was losing weight (this is the woman who finds all kinds of little things to rag us on about what we eat or feed the kids and how much we need to lose weight)...

My mom told me how great my complexion looks and that she was proud of me and DH for sticking with our new healthy lifestyle.

Melgettinthin
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I made my first mini goal yesterday! Hooray!

Then hilariously today at work I was walking up a few flights of stairs (we have 6 floors and NO elevator - normally I don't venture beyond the 2nd floor LOL!) when I looked down and thought, "Hmm, my skirt looks longer than I remember it being.." Suddenly I realized it was literally falling off of me and that's why it was looking so long! Luckily I could fold the waste band - but it was still an awesome NSV!

LisaMarie71
09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Awesome NSVs!! Skirts falling off, smaller clothes, good food choices -- it's all wonderful!

I felt smaller than usual today, because the scale said 169 this morning and I was wearing a size large shirt and a size 10 skirt that was straight and fell to just above the knee. A female student sat across from me and looked at my legs and said, "Look at you, you're so tiny. And your face is different and everything -- you're so cute!" Ok, "tiny" and "cute" are not words anyone has used to describe me since I was probably about three years old!! I'm 5'9", so I haven't been tiny in a long time, even when I weighed less! It made me happy, even if it isn't true! :)

Marseille
09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
My son left a package or Oreo Cakesters on the front seat of my car. On Sunday. They are still there.

Gale02
09-14-2007, 03:37 AM
I had two people at worship practice tonight tell me that I'm looking "absolutely fantastic!" and that I've "lost A LOT of weight!" That always feels good. :D

zoritsa
09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
My endurance is improving! I can exercise for longer periods of time now. :D

Me too! I love not realizing how long I've been doing something until I look up and see the time.

I've worked out every day this week:trampo: and have been charting my workouts and food intake.

RitzyFritz
09-14-2007, 09:36 AM
This is a little different NSV, but still a victory for me. After losing almost 60 lbs and trying all along to get my DH to join me, he has FINALLY taken it upon himself to get on the treadmill every morning and start on this journey too!!!!! This really makes me happy! Most of us know how much easier it is when our spouse works WITH us and not against us! ;) This really will help me in my journey, so I consider it an NSV. :D

LisaMarie71
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Yay, Ritzy!! :cheer2: That's a great one!

RitzyFritz
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks, Lisa!! :hug:

Mrs Quadcrew
09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I have had to change my walking time frame since the days are shorter. I used to walk at 6 am, well, it is still DARK at 6 here now. I bumped it up to leaving at 6:45 instead so I don't have to walk in the dark. MY DH (bless his heart) told me if I was afraid to walk when it was dark, he would start walking with me! I thanked him very much and told him, it isn't that I am afraid of walking in the dark, it is that I am CLUMSY and I thought I might trip! I still think that is so cool that he was willing to do that for me ~ just a NSV that proves all those around me know how dedicated I am to this new lifestyle!

FresnoBeeDude
09-15-2007, 06:09 AM
My latest NSV comes in the form of a shirt. I have been "nervously" thinking about buying a size SMALL shirt. I even pre-ordered a couple size smalls from work. Yesterday at K-mart I stopped by a clearance rack. $4.50 for shirts. I found a size small, and purchased it. During my entire weight loss journey I have been purposely buying clothes too small, knowing that I will "grow into them" (I used to do this a few years ago, buying the next larger size, as I outgrew my previous size :( ). I picked the shirt off the table, opened it up and thought to myself, "I could see myself wearing this". I paid for the shirt and took it home (I don't bother trying on new clothes, as I don't anticipate that they will fit). I tried it on. The darn thing fit! Ok, it wasn't comfy, it was skin tight, but the thing is I was able to put it on. I am hoping that within a couple months, or by Christmas this shirt will fit properly.

I told my trainer about my victory, and she wants to take regular pictures of me in it, to see the transformation. She advised me not to wash it (neither one of us wants it to shrink!)

Kids have always picked on me, calling me a fatass, fatso, etc. How in the **** am I wearing a size small now?!?!? Fat people don't wear small!

I am enjoying the new me!

Fooled
09-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I realized, after spending a total of three hours in classes at the Y yesterday, that I'm really not "out of shape" anymore. I mean, I think I'll be able to do things better when the fat's not in my way, and there are somethings that I still can't do well, but it was kind of a wow moment for me. I never thought I'd feel this good about working out until maybe ten pounds away from goal.

Jen415
09-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Last night, we had a bunch of friends over for drinks and karaoke (yes I have my OWN karaoke machine with several hundred songs!). We set out munchie snacks and some individually wrapped chocolate. I didn't have ANY of it!!!

And they said there are no more miracles in today's world! LOL

boaterswife
09-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Found the cutest halloween shirt today at a local department store but they only had a size small. DD was trying on homecoming dresses and encouraged me to try it on, even though SHE was sure it would fit me fine...she was right! I bought the small!!! As I was standing there shaking my head incredulously, she dropped the bomb on me that during last night's HS football game (where I was working the conscession stand) three of her male friends came up to her to tell her how hot her MOM is! Holy cow!

LisaMarie71
09-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Kelly, you're a hot mom! That's a great NSV! :carrot:

I had the wonderful experience of someone not recognizing me the other day. A former student of my husband's came to visit us at practice Friday, and she didn't recognize me because she hadn't seen me in over a year and a half. She just kept saying "Wow. Wow." She kept looking at me and saying "wow" over and over. I loved it! My husband said, "Oh yeah, I told you about how she's been running but I didn't tell you she looked different." I guess she didn't expect this big a change.

Earlier this morning I had one of those experiences where you don't recognize yourself. I caught a reflection of myself from the side and my waist actually looked really small. I had to take a second look to be sure it was me!

MarinePrincess
09-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I have two NSV's! I'm so excited because I never feel like I'm having an NSV.

1) I bought new gym pants today. An XL...and they fit so nice! My thighs aren't clapping because the crotch is sagging and I'm not stepping on the extra fabric anymore. I know gym pants are stretchy but I'm still excited!

2) We're sponsoring a new couple to the island. Instead of my usual behavior of allowing them to be my excuse to splurge, I've stayed on plan. While they had ribeyes, I had top round (leaner cut). While they had mac 'n cheese and rice, I have broccoli. And I wasn't grouchy about it at all.

I'm finally starting to feel like this a new life, not a diet. I'm so happy.

NewDay4MeToo
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Before my wedding I gained back a few pounds. I bought some shorts to wear on our short trip after our wedding. I ended up feeling like those shorts were uncomfortable and tight sitting in the car.

It has been a month since then. I have been consistently eating right, and my weight is almost down to where it was before I added the wedding stress weight. Those shorts that were too tight and uncomfortable? I wore them all yesterday and never thought about them at all. They fit perfectly.

I will NOT let my first year of marriage be an excuse to gain weight! I'm gonna lose!

Marseille
09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
For the first time since 1997, I exercised 2 days in a row. I did the WATP 3 mile express with a resistance band and I feel absolutely incredible.

tolose85
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
2 birthday parties this weekend = staying right on plan!!! Whooo hooo....

royalsfan1
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Went to a party for a friend last night. Was avoiding all the junk food when a friend of mine (super skinny) came up and said, "I'm totally needing real protein." I said, "Me too!" So, we jumped in my car and ran up to the market. I ended up eating 2 light Baby Bel cheese (50 cal each) and a banana (105 cal). Was totally satisfied for the rest of the night, avoided the snack table, shared 1/2 piece of cake with my friend. Then after the party the girls were all talking about going up to Chili's. We all went and all I had for the 2 hours we were there was water!!! I'm so glad I can now actually be social without gorging myself!!!!

Also, at the party a guy I haven't seen in over a year came up and said it took him about 5 minutes to figure out who in the heck I was!!! :D Love that!!!

CLCSC145
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi all! You've all had some terrific NSV's today!!!

I had one today. I went to brunch with a friend I haven't seen since I was at my highest weight. She just kept saying wow! and you look fantastic! and what on earth are you doing?! It was a ton of fun. Oh, and I ate on plan. :)

sharonrr1
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM
We were at friends house that I haven't seen since New Years. They couldn't believe how much weight I had lost. When we left and were given eachother hugs the husband said, "I can reach my arms all the way around you now." What a great feeling not to feel obese anymore. Also my sister in law said I need to stop losing weight before I get too skinny. I told her I was still considered overweight for my height and had 9 lbs to go before I'd be a normal weight. Also almost 40 lbs if my doctor had his way. Everyone thought that was crazy.:hug::D;):carrot::):(My daughter wanted the faces.

Vanessa M.
09-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I went into Express at the mall today... I thought I was nuts to even consider trying on their jeans. I did it though, and no sh*t, I didn't even wear the biggest ones in the store like I had imagined I would (if I was lucky). I fit into a frigging size 8! I didn't buy them because they were $70 but still!

KrisR
09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I have two NSV today.....
1) I started working with a personal trainer...overcoming MAJOR fear and trepidation.

2) during the assessment, we looked at my records from when I joined the gym in late March and I've lost 11 cm (over 4 inches) off my waist. The scale is incredibly slow moving, but it was rewarding to see the change in inches/cm.

boaterswife
09-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Oh my gosh. I just have to say that I've been just sort of floating along these last couple weeks....on plan in actions but not necessarily on plan in my own head. Reading this thread gives me the inspiration I need every dang time.....thanks all....congratulations, and keep posting those great NSV's! They help so many people!

FresnoBeeDude
09-17-2007, 08:33 AM
My latest NSV comes in the form of a shirt. I have been "nervously" thinking about buying a size SMALL shirt.

Why did I just quote myself? I have yet ANOTHER NSV regarding a shirt. In March of this year when I learned I could fit in "normal clothes" (meaning no more sweats/3XL shirts) I went on a shopping spree. Bought some khaki pants, 4 pullover shirts, 3 button down shirts, etc. ALL the shirts I purchased were 1XL. Unfortunately I learned later on that day that button downs fit differently. May look fine standing up, but as you sit down the tummy expands, and so does the shirt. I could not comfortably wear the button downs. In fact the lower buttons would come undone. Every once in awhile I will attempt to wear these shirts, sitting differently at work.

Anyways, as I am sitting here typing this, I can officially say the 1XL button downs are fitting PERFECTLY! I decided to put this shirt on today (it's been at least a month) because I learned this past weekend that I can wear a size small shirt.

Second NSV. Yesterday, while doing my 6.5mile walk (I really wanted to do 10, but my left knee was giving me problems) a fellow stopped me and asked if I needed a ride. As in the past I declined, and told him, meaning patting down my gut, why I was in the middle of nowhere walking around. He then asked if I went to one of the local schools!!! Let's see I graduated from HS in 1990, I spent 2 years in community college. I haven't stepped foot in a classroom in 15 yrs! How old did I look? Once upon a time I hated looking younger then I actually was, but as I grow older I learn to appreciate it. I really need to get my drivers license photo updated!

Mrs Quadcrew
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
We just got home from a weekend long family reunion, and I was the "bell of the ball";) No one there has seen me since I was close to the 300 lb. mark, so they were all very surprised when we got there! Aunt Ruth came up to me and told me I look like I am 25 years old now!:D There was someone complimenting me constantly, it really was a HUGE morale booster!

DD has been away at college, and when she came home Friday, she said "Mom, you're about half as wide as you used to be!" That one really tickled me too.

SO - it has been a real good weekend of wonderful comments for me here!!

chicpanda
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I can slide between my portable dishwasher and the kitchen wall. Silly, but now I don't have to go around unless I really want to take those extra steps.

Marseille
09-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh dear, I just finished the 4 mile Super Challenge WATP video. I am so proud of myself! My 4 year old daughter did it with me, but I am exhausted and she is still tearing around the house *Groan*.

Lifeguard
09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
So many great NSV's!!!

I completed canoe trip leaders I this weekend. It was a great weekend & I never once felt too fat or out of shape for any of the activities. In fact I felt very competent & self-confident!

I have waited for years to buy a good quality gortex, waterproof, breathable jacket that is appropriate for all the camping & outdoor activities I do. At first we couldn't afford it & then I didn't want to spend the money on something so big - like I didn't deserve it at my weight. I have been using my husband's jacket for the past couple of years but it's really been kind of silly. So this weekend I finally bought one & even got a great deal - $175 down from $350!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I just tried on my wedding rings...and they fit! I havent' been able to wear my rings in over 1 1/2 years and this was one of my goals for this year.:D

royalsfan1
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh Rhonda!!! That's AWESOME!!!! I know how much it must mean to you and DH! You should take them for a special cleaning and checkup tomorrow as a treat to yourself. Oh how they'll sparkle and shine!

CLCSC145
09-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Rhonda I'm so happy you got those rings on. I know you've wanted that for a long time!

So here are my little ones:

1. I was putting on my shoes to go for a walk and I can't get over how much longer my laces are. I never thought of my feet as fat too, but the laces don't lie! The bows are HUGE just so the laces don't drag on the ground.

2. I was about to get in the shower and looked in the mirror. My shoulders are looking great. :o I love them now. They go straight out like a hanger then straight down into my arms. :D And I am starting to see the notch at the base of my throat. Dare I hope shoulder blades will be making an appearance shortly?

3. I can't wear any of my 24s anymore and I'm on the brink of entering the 20s. 60 pounds for the first size drop, 9 for the second? :dizzy:

4. I can easily cross my legs when sitting down all the time now.

LaurieDawn
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Rhonda, that's incredibly exciting! Congratulations!

CC - Sizes are the weirdest things. Congrats on your fast leap downward from the 22s, and congrats on your other accomplishments.

Marseille - I just got the 4-mile WATP, and my 3YO daughter can kick my butt too. (Of course, I can use heavier weights than she can when we do my strength training video.;))

A questionable NSV. I got some capri-style workout pants a few months ago, and they were way tight when I bought them (though they were the largest size, just another indicator of the fashion industry's belief that fat people don't work out, have sex, or have lives, I guess). I had noticed they were getting looser, but when I was riding my bike to the gym today, I had to keep hitching them up so that I wasn't mooning everyone. Still, I'm not ready to retire them. I'll just wear longer shirts. :dizzy:

Lifeguard
09-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I was just looking at photos of myself on facebook (some posted by me but just as many posted by others) & you know - I'm not really that fat. Okay, so maybe the way I've worded that doesn't sound great but I have been so unhappy with photos of myself for so long & it is nice to look at these photos & be okay with how I look.

Gale02
09-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Rhonda, I'm so excited for you!! I know that's been a long time goal of yours.

LaurieDawn, I definitely consider clothes falling off a NSV! As strange as that sounded I'm sure you know what I mean... :)

Lifeguard, that's a great NSV. I remember the first time I looked at a picture of myself and didn't cry. They were my halfway pictures, after I'd lost 52.5 lbs.

xJox
09-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow. Great NSVs everyone. So inspiring!

We went to my Moms house yesterday. We sat out on her porch and she has some of those cheap plastic chairs. Normally Ill avoid sitting in them because Im afraid they will break, its uncomfortable, and my fat butt hangs out the sides. Not yesterday. I fit comfortably.

boaterswife
09-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Wow, so many awesome NSV's!!

Lifeguard, I understand about the jacket! I know it was subconscious, but I didn't buy anything for myself either. It was almost as though I didn't think I deserved it. You're going to look fabulous in that new jacket!

Rhonda, oh how exciting!!!! Putting those rings back on after not being able to where them is such a thrill!! Here's an idea for you.....starting now, every time you lose a pound put a dollar in a jar. Pretty soon you'll have to have those rings sized and made smaller, and you'll already have the money for it, so you won't have to wait!

C.C., way to go on the smaller sizes! Incredible how it can take 50 pounds for one size, and only 9 for the next, but prepare yourself to be amazed! It took me a while to go from a 22 to a 20, but then I ran through sizes so fast it would make your head spin. Some of them 16's and 18's, and even 14's I believe, I was only in for 2 or 3 weeks. This is going to be so fun for you! Enjoy it!

LaurieDawn
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Love NSVs!

Gale - You're tearing it up now! Watching you be so successful in powering through your post-vacation blip has really helped me get through mine. I love the power of being able to do this together.

Lifeguard - Liking pictures is a huge NSV for anyone at any size. Congratulations on getting there.

Alana Jo - I have had the unpleasant experience of breaking a chair (in church, no less - one of those children's metal folding chairs), so I can so relate to your NSV. Congrats.

My NSV - I ran FIVE MILES last night. I had an epiphany as I was running yesterday. I have always considered runners to be the "real athletes." I don't know why - maybe it was because I was always so slow growing up that I never ran with my classmates when I could avoid it. When I started this journey in May, I started walking, and began slowly adding in the running. But when I asked my doctor for suggestions for the knee pain I experienced when I ran, she suggested I stop running until I was thinner. It was Lisa, then Tricia, that made me believe that I could run as a fat person. (Thank you again, BTW.) And I did well sometimes, and not as well other times. For some reason - and perhaps it was believing that running was such an elevated activity - I rarely pushed myself to run or to keep running when I just didn't feel like it. I did with my other activities - swimming, elliptical, bike, etc. - but not as much with running. Finally, I realized last night that my thinking about running was really skewed. When I do the elliptical, I push myself really hard, doing about 30 minutes on one of the highest resistance programs and making sure I maintain a minimum speed. I wasn't working any harder at running - I just believed that it should be harder, for whatever reason. So, I thought about Lisa and her first ten-mile run. It finally dawned on me that she likely doesn't start out every run with enthusiasm that just can't be contained. Of course, thinking about that backfired. I had planned on stopping at four miles, but then I remembered that Lisa had planned at stopping at nine miles on that first 10-mile run, so I couldn't make myself stop after just four. So, now I'm now officially calling myself a runner, and accepting that I can be a runner without being a great athlete. Interesting to see where this journey takes me.

Lifeguard
09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Great job with the running LaurieDawn - that is awesome!!!

Last night I rowed 2x 500m for the first time. Usually if I would only do 1x 500m followed by 1-3x 250m. It was tough but I did it!

LisaMarie71
09-20-2007, 11:56 AM
So, now I'm now officially calling myself a runner, and accepting that I can be a runner without being a great athlete. Interesting to see where this journey takes me.

Oh my goodness!! I'm always happy for people's NSVs, but this is the one that REALLY thrills me!!! Of COURSE you should call yourself a runner (it took me a long time to do that too), and this journey is going to take you all sorts of places!! I'm so thrilled that you were able to think of my experiences and draw inspiration from what I've done. You have no idea how much that means to me.

So today...Laurie's NSV is my NSV! The fact that my running could help someone else get inspired to run five miles is one of the biggest NSVs I could ever hope to achieve! :hug: And I just love when other people become runners, because I know how much joy I've found in it myself.

Lifeguard
09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Last night I went to my Mom's & while we were sittng talking she stopped me & said "I've been noticing that every time you move your arm I can see your tricep." Woohoo - all those weights are starting to show. Of course this lead to a flexing contest - lol!

hidingtazz
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Today I am wearing a size 26 dress (a-line, no less). Size 26!!! When I started, I was wearing a 30!

Yay me! :carrot:

NickiB68
09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
I've been wanting to wear my jeans since I got them. Today was the day! I feel awesome in them! The BEST part....I noticed that when I walk..my thighs are NOT rubbing anymore! :dance:

Cassie501107
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
First of all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE potlucks. I am ashamed to say that I anticipate them like a child anticipates Christmas. :o My church is having one-tomorrow. BUT...I told my mom that I'm not going, because to put myself in that situation is sabotaging myself,and I won't do it. I think this is a small victory.

Also...my back fat is getting smaller. :lol:

hellokitty81668
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I got a nice NSV!!!
A friend who I haven't seen in 5-6 months stopped by while she was in the area, to say the least she was speechless. She just went on and on, on how good I look, saying I am flaca( spanish for skinny), and I look wonderful.
It felt really good.
cheryl

JustSharing83
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I bought a t-shirt about a year and a half ago without trying it on. It was XXL, but smaller than usual and made of a material that just wouldn't stretch. When I found it was too small, I put it in the closet and never wore it.

Well, yesterday I was getting ready for school and realized I had hardly anything clean, and I came across it. I put it on, and it fit perfectly!! (which, to me, perfect is a bit baggy)

I even slept in it last night, lol

LaurieDawn
09-22-2007, 01:21 AM
I was at the gym yesterday, and I was leaving when I ran into someone I used to speak with occasionally when she and I would be at the pool together. I haven't seen her in a while. She said, "Oh my gosh!" and I was sure she was going to make a comment about how hot and sweaty I looked - which would have been both meant and taken as a compliment. Instead, though, she said, "You are losing so much weight!" So, my third non-family comment since I started! First was at about 25 pounds, second about two weeks ago, and now this one. I work from home and I just moved here in February, so I don't know a lot of people here, and I imagine that's a big part of the reason why not many people notice. But now it's starting to sneak in here and there, and it's a great feeling.

denialisnthappiness
09-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I can wear a UK size 14 trousers - tried them on in tescos and they fit (albeit you can CLEARLY see the outline of my underwear and are a tad snug to actually wear to work yet) but godammit I bought them. Plan is to shrink into them enough to wear comfortably by the end of the year. It's the smallest I've been since I was about 14!

(oh and yesterday I ran JUST short of a mile - I'm so close to the elusive mile but hopefully I'll crack it this week)

MamaSam
09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Last night hubby and I were talking about goals. I was sharing with him about a thread I was reading on 3FC about where we want to be in 12 months. I had been meditating on that all day!! Well, I told him that in 12 months I do not want to be obese any longer and that I wanted him to be proud of me.

Well, he looked at me kind of funny and said, "I am ALREADY proud of you. You are doing so well!" If you knew my hubby.... he doesn't talk much and is not one to compliment me. That is just not his way. I don't mind because after 28 years of marriage, I know he loves me. He teasingly tells me, " I told you once that I love you, if I change my mind, I 'll let you know. "

I'm not doing this for him, but it sure helps to see him pleased. :dancer:

Dancing in Mississipp!

Sheila53
09-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't mind because after 28 years of marriage, I know he loves me. He teasingly tells me, " I told you once that I love you, if I change my mind, I 'll let you know. "

That made me chuckle!!

Today I was shopping with my DD and saw a sweater on a mannequin that I thought I might like. I asked the salesperson where that sweater was in the store, and she brought me over to the place. Then she looked me up and down and said, "But these are plus sizes, and you won't fit in a plus size." Now, I haven't worn a plus size in a while, but I still feel a little weird about shopping in the "regular" section. This was the first time a salesperson had ever looked at me and actually said something about not shopping in the plus sizes. She even picked out a medium without me saying anything, which must mean that I actually look like a medium person!

Oh, and I got fitted for a bra, and have gone down from a 36DD to a 34C just since last winter. Missed the whole "D" cup entirely!

Idealmuse
09-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Mine for today:

Put on Turbo jam Fat Blaster for the first time AFTER doing Punch Kick Jam and I wasn't dead by the end.

Put on a sleeveless shirt (Tim Burton one) and it looked OK enough to walk around the house in, but probably not to go out in public in, but hey it's a start! I bought this shirt a few years ago and its the first time I've worn it.

Cassie501107
09-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I was so hungry yesterday. Especially last night. I wanted to go off plan so bad, but I didn't and the urge passed.

:D

Schmoodle
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Yahoo, my ring is finally off! It is a ring my MIL sent me for Christmas about five years ago... I put it on and because I am lazy about these things, didn't get around to trying to take it off for a few months. By then I couldn't get it off, and have been wearing it ever since. It's a cute ring, but I'd grown to hate it because of the reason I was wearing it. I must have finally lost some finger fat because it came off today! My hand feels kind of naked without it. I am going to put it in the jewelery box, and the next time I wear it will be because I want to. I may even go buy a new ring to celebrate.

traci in training
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
About six or eight years ago my daughters made me a t-shirt with handprints on it that says, "Best Mom, Hands Down". They got me a medium/large. It's been in my drawer ever since. Wore it to school today. Had several people ask me how old my girls are. Got a few funny looks when I said 15 & 18, but I wore it anyway. I think I'll wash it and wear it again this week. :-) Think I'll go upstairs and borrow me some medium sweatshirts out of the girls' closets to wear with it. :-) Think I'd like to be a medium Mom for the rest of my life!

Gale02
09-25-2007, 03:19 AM
My size 16's are getting loose on me. I have 2 pair of linen pants that fit me perfectly when I bought them, now I have 2+ inches in the waist and the hips are way loose. And, I can pull my jeans off without undoing the button. :D For now I'm going to get a belt since I'm not a 14 yet, but I'm getting there!

denialisnthappiness
09-25-2007, 03:55 AM
After getting rained out yesterday (managed to run half a mile before the sheer force of torrential rain battering my face and soaking up my clothes made me seek shelter) I finally did it - very small accomplishment to some but for me rather major - I ran a whole mile without stopping :D

boaterswife
09-25-2007, 06:57 AM
I finally did it - very small accomplishment to some but for me rather major - I ran a whole mile without stopping :D

That is such a MAJOR accomplishment, congratulations!!!

MarinePrincess
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I had my first, "You look l ike you're losing weight" comment today! And I love her for it lol. She and her DH went to the states for a vacation and now that they're back, she asked me and I was so thrilled to be able to say yes! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lifeguard
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I worked out hard last night.

jennylou
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I was a BM in a family wedding (DH's cousin) this weekend and people kept telling me how great I looked. A few aunt's who live out of state commented on my weight loss. Woot - it's great when people notice. :)

royalsfan1
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a couple:

1. Yesterday I was scrapbooking year 1995 (don't ask...I'm WAYYYY behind!). I was looking at pictures of myself and realizing that I'm a lot smaller now than I was, then. I was thinking I had a ways to go...but nope...I remember the sizes of the pants. So, I'm now officially the smallest that my children have in their recollection (right after my son was born I did lose down to about 8 pounds lighter than I am now....but I gained it back before he was even a year old).

2. My bath towel now completely wraps around me, tucks in, and covers ALL of me up!

3. High heels no longer hurt my feet.

LaurieDawn
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, Tricia. I love the towel NSV. I really would like to be able to do that. Soon...

I was getting dressed, and decided that I would try on some pants that had previously been too small. When I looked at the size (14), I knew they would never fit. But yes! They did! So, I am wearing size 14 pants - a little tight - and a size 14 jacket - pretty loose. I have some size 16 pants that still don't fit, though, and some 18s that are pretty comfortable. But I can officially wear some 14s now! Too cool!

sharonrr1
09-26-2007, 05:31 PM
A gentleman my DH and I know because of our business saw me for the first time since March. I was walking towards him and he said, "Look at the model"
My husband said I never thought about it like that. Its like having a new wife. I was grinning from ear to ear. It makes this stall in my weight loss seem okay.

Lifeguard
09-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I've got a couple tonight:

- Tonight during my workout I rowed a personal best - 56.8 sec for 250m.
- 250m rows now feel SO easy!!!!
- I lost 4.75" this week!
- I did hanging leg raises on the roman chair - I've never had the strength to actually hold myself up like that before.

Ok - I need to add my scale victory - 5lbs this week! I'm so excited! I have an appointment on Friday after work for a pedicure - the pedicure I promised myself months ago for when I broke & maintained below 250 (my long standing plateau).

WindyCityChick
09-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Love love love reading all these great NSVs - congrats everyone!

I had a slew last weekend - went to visit my parents for Yom Kippur and we went to the synagogue where I grew up, was bat mitzvah'd, etc. so I know a lot of the congregation, but only see them once or twice a year. So, this was the first viewing of the "new me" for this group, and the response was overwhelming. So many people telling me I looked nice (and a few who pointed out that I was always a beautiful person inside, which is what really counts - a good lesson for us all to remember). It was quite an ego-boost of a weekend all the way around.

WindyCityChick
09-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Oh yes - and one more...I got hit on at the gas station I stopped at to fill up my car the other day. Not that I was interested in pursuing the random gas station guy, but it felt good nonetheless!

missaprylj
09-27-2007, 02:16 AM
My friend's girlfriend offered me a carrot cake and I SENT HER AWAY! Not 1/2 of it, not even one piece was allowed to stay in my room. Woo!

Cassie501107
09-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't have one to share, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE reading these.:D

LaurieDawn
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
In June, I bought a size 16 "goal suit." At the time, the skirt would not even go past my hips. For some reason, I decided to try it on today, and was thrilled to discover the skirt fits nicely. Of course, that means the jacket is quite loose, as I have been losing weight from my top half more quickly than the bottom half. I had bought a size 12 "goal suit" a month or so ago, and since the size 16 jacket was loose, I decided to try on the size 12 jacket, and it fit. So, then, I wanted to see how much I needed to lose before I could wear the pants, and was shocked to discover that they fit as well. Granted, the pants have some elastic, but still... They fit comfortably, without too much stretch on that elastic. Of course, I still have a pair of size 18 jeans that are skin-tight on me. So, I guess my NSV is that I'm now somewhere between a size 12 and a size 20. Oh - and I now get to guiltlessly comb the thrift shops for a size 10, or even size 8, goal suit. Hmmm....

wanna b thin
09-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I walked into a birthday party on Sunday and was greeted with a hug and a "Hi Skinny" and although I know I am not "skinny" this was a great compliment from this particular lady because she is so health conscious herself.

Trazey34
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
my nsv for this week are both from work!

someone brought in carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and the big joke is that I get the corner piece with the most frosting... this time i said "oh no thanks i just had lunch, i'll have some later" and didn't !

2nd just happened -- someone brought in a box of ice cream sandwiches and i dearly wanted one, but had my sugar free jello instead.... i feel great!

boaterswife
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Today was one of those days that I'll not soon forget....

Let me start by saying that I work for the school district (as many of you know) and am in the buildings ALL THE TIME. The difference was that today I needed to cover a PE class for one of my friends so I came in to work in Adidas shorts and a long sleeved field hockey tee. Might also mention that I had a bit of extra time this morning so I wore my hair down and strait (it's long) as opposed to the normal curly wad on top of my head. Over the course of the day....not once, not twice, but THREE times I was mistaken for a student in the middle school! How cool is that?!?!?!?!

Daimere
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I've had a bunch this week. It was much needed since I had a bad scale on Sunday.

-First, an old co worker noticed I lost some weight
-Second, I found out i could wear ONE belt. You see a year ago I found an AWESOME seatbelt belt. I loved it but I could only wear it if I clicked two togehter. WELLLLL, I know 2 weeks ago I was wearing two but knew I couldn't wear one. I could this week.
-Third, I bike to work. It's a SLIGHT incline. I'm so out of shape that I'd have to walk my bike up half of it. Yes, it was sooo hard and tough but I biked up it. Now, it could have been mostly momentum cause the other day I didn't have to stop like I usually did but I'm still proud. My legs were wobbly afterwards!
-Fourth, I've been making really healthy yummy meals and started to love veggies! I told my mother and she was shocked. She thought she'd never hear that out of my mouth!

Lifeguard
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
This morning when I got on the scale I realized I had broken the 40lbs down mark & thought I'd check for a pair of jeans I wore a couple of years ago (Fridays we can wear jeans to work). Well, I didn't find the jeans but I am wearing a cargo skirt I haven't worn in a few years & it's comfortable - not at all tight.

Tonight (after my reward pedicure!) I am going to go home, turn on some music & have a clothing party. I am going to try on all the stuff in my "too small" boxes & get rid of anything that is too big!! I'm sooo excited!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
.not once, not twice, but THREE times I was mistaken for a student in the middle school! How cool is that?!?!?!?!

That is very cool!

I am going to try on all the stuff in my "too small" boxes & get rid of anything that is too big!! I'm sooo excited!

That is very exciting!

Congratulations to everyone….your NSV posts really inspire me to keep going.

Daimere
09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I can now button a CUTE skull blouse that I couldn't button when I bought it. Sure, there is boob gap but I can't help it with these huge 'uns!

Oh, and I did not emotionally eat today when I felt depressed/tired.

So, last night I had to find my bathing suit. Well, this week I already tried on a few old pants. I used that raid in the closet to take before and what not pics. I found out I can now fit in both pairs of 24s that one I could fit in tight is now comfortable and the other one I couldn't get past my waist is a bit tight!

Lifeguard
09-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Tonight I wore a sweater I bought on sale a year ago that was too small for the first time. And when I got to my friend's house she complimented me on my outfit not just once but 3 times!!!! I almost never get comments on my clothing choices (which makes me think perhaps I am not very good at dressing - lol).

hellokitty81668
09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Today I had NSV day.
My first was I sat down by the local pharmacy and did my blood pressure, last time it was 169/ 79 today it was 112/6? I forgot the exact # but it was normal!!!
I went hiking with my TOM's, and hiked for 3 hours, up and down hills, I am in pain, but I think it is a great NSV
My third nsv my size 18 stretch pants are loose :carrot:, I had to keep pulling them up while hiking, they were loose enough to slide down my waist :carrot:.
I had a nice NSV day today.
cheryl

LisaMarie71
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Yay for everyone's NSVs!! :carrot:

I had a good NSV day today myself! I ran, then took a shower and put on some shorts and a t-shirt. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself. It's weird that I still have those days, but I do!

I ran into a woman I know and she went on about me being "skinny." Then I ran into a couple at the grocery store. I haven't seen the wife in over a year, and she didn't recognize me. I ran into her first and said "Hey, how are you?" and she just gave me that little smile you give complete strangers! I saw the husband farther down the aisle and talked to him for a second and then moved on. I could see in her face that she had absolutely no idea who I am! I'm assuming he told her after I left. Sweet!

Trazey34
09-30-2007, 05:39 PM
omgosh these are so fun to read! i feel soooo happy for everyone! yay!!!

mine is not that great LOL, but I've abstained from McDonalds for months and months, but my friend wanted to take her kids there for lunch - so instead of the quarter pounder meal i just got the hamburger happy meal -- I checked the calories when i got home and with a diet coke it was LESS than her salad! LOL weird :D

the "victory" part of it was that it wasn't delicious to me - it tasted really heavy and gross and processed and i didn't finish it all.... I feel like a demon has really been released! hahaha the red haired clown demon!

Lovely
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
the "victory" part of it was that it wasn't delicious to me - it tasted really heavy and gross and processed and i didn't finish it all.... I feel like a demon has really been released! hahaha the red haired clown demon!

Ha ha >.< Isn't that so true?! You have something you once considered "delicious" and it turns out to be a huge disappointment, even kind of gross! But that's good eh?

Fooled
09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
I've been putting off buying jeans because for some reason I've been too scared to go and buy new jeans, even though my old ones were falling off. I went last night and went from a size 18 to a comfortable size 14! Everyone's been complimenting me one the on the ones I bought. It makes me so happy. Size 14. I can barely wrap my head around it. And the next size down is a 12. I don't want to jinx myself, but I got down to a 14 when I went on my last diet, but I've never been a size 12. Though if I keep waiting two sizes each time I go clothes shopping, I'll go to a size 10. And that will be really incredible.

boaterswife
09-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, just wow! I'm sitting here reading all the NSV's with a big dopey grin on my face, almost as if you're sitting in the family room chatting and gossiping with good friends....you guys are amazing!

Several NSV's for me this weekend, but today was pretty good in and of itself. I went to my mom's church (the one I grew up in, but only visit a couple times a year now) with her because it was their "church in the park" Sunday where they have a big picnic right after. I haven't been to her church since maybe February, and add on to that that it was outside so I had my sunglasses on, but no one knew who I was!!! These are the little elderly ladies that NEVER forget you or what you did when you were 5, know what I mean? Everytime I someone asked if I was visiting for the day and I told them who I was, they were just shocked! That was great and all, but the biggie for today is that I just got back from my walk. Because it was starting to get dark I decided to do my shortened 40 minute route instead of the 70 minute route that I prefer. Well, I was walking at a pretty good pace and thought "I could maybe try and jog a little bit of it...." so I did a few jogging intervals and shaved 10 minutes off my route, and it didn't kill me! No kids were pointing and laughing at the goofy woman running (secret fear of mine, LOL), and it wasn't so bad! I may try and add it in regularly....this from the woman who was worn out after walking around the block once just 14 months ago!

Gale02
10-01-2007, 02:06 AM
I bought new pj's today - I was still wearing my xxl ones from 60 lbs ago and DH sweetly asked me if I'd like a new pair. I bought a large! Just a plain old large from the regular section, no x's or w's on it. :D