100 lb. Club - Smell messed up

View Full Version : Smell messed up

WinterStarzz
08-31-2007, 08:36 PM
I thought it was just weird at first, but now I'm starting to wonder...

Lately my smells have been getting confused. Example: earlier today, my friend and I were at Walmart. They have a Subway there, but I swear it smelled like taco meat. And right now, my DH is browning some hamburger. It smells like cooking fish. No one else in the house seems to think it smells like anything but burger. This has been happening lately. WTH?! Am I just completely weird?

CLCSC145
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi Winter!

I found this site on the web that talks about smell disorders and they mention symptoms similar to yours. I also found it interesting they mention obesity among other health issues that can be accompanied by smell disorders. If you are worried, you would probably be best served seeing an Otolaryngologist.

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/smelltaste/smell.asp

WinterStarzz
08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Oops. :D

I was just informed that fish was previously cooked in the same pan, and DH thought it was clean....thus the smell. They thought I was joking so said they didn't smell anything.

I feel kinda dumb... :dizzy:

Nevermind.

MarinePrincess
09-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I've actually noticed my sense of smell being heightened since I started being healthier. Maybe that's it for you too.

Pita09
09-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I know that my smell has heightened since I quit smoking and started eating healthy. I was in an auditorium the other night at my daughters school and it was all I could do to sit there through the smell of body orders, perfumes, cigarette smoke, and who knows what else. :dizzy:

famograham
09-02-2007, 01:07 PM
That happened to me soooo badly when I was pregnant!
Everything smelled "wrong"

:hug:
Linda

CyberGypsy
09-02-2007, 10:57 PM
my smell is super perfect, it makes up for my eyesight :(